awards
3,860 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
MANTINE SURFING (SPLASHFEST)
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 11:46:42 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Just keep splashing, just keep splashing…

Just keep Magikarp Splashing like your life depended on it!

Much tempted as he was to freeze the danged water, that was cheating.

So he decided to tackle this like a mcfucking man.

X8e7sD8C

doing the Magikarp Splash! [20 August]

total so far: 15,850

@tag

close tab

played by

Delirious

Kae
Feminine
November 25
Circhester, Galar
Bisexual
Wanderer
Civilian
Single
0 height
0 height
you just do you, and i'll just do me
awards
35 posts
part of
TAG WITH @karissa
Karissa Atlasia
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 11:46:58 GMT
Karissa Atlasia Avatar
At this point she honestly didn't know if she'd be happier to finally land a more advanced trick, or just never see a mantine again. Part of her wanted to figure this out, and the other part of her was starting to think she should just accept that she was bad at mantine surfing. Either way, Karissa wasn't a quitter. At the very least, one time before the Splashfest was over, she would land something. And she'd be damned if that something wasn't a MAGIKARP SPLASH.

WWSAAYLL

Point Total: 100
Tricks Completed: Gorebyss Spin
close tab

played by

Azul

Tam
He/Him
February 14th
Icirrus City, Unova
Does it matter?
Slateport Ranger Capt.
Ranger Captain
empty
indifferent
166 height
166 height
Don't know, don't care.
awards
518 posts
Tam Fawley DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @tam
Tam Fawley
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 11:54:02 GMT
Tam Fawley Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt2"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Looks like one more and we get them all. Not bad." Tam says, finding himself kind of glad.
[break][break]
That's it, right? After that, maybe he won't have to try to Mantine surf ever again.
[break][break]
With that thought in mind, he sets out to do the easiest trick there... The HUNTAIL one.

[break][break]
DE0_8mrD

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

NOTES

[BREAK]
HUNTAIL SPIN 🌟[BREAK]
TOTAL SCORE: 10850 PTS [BREAK]
-Gorebyss/Huntail Spin[BREAK]
-Lanturn 360[BREAK]
-Primarina Twist[BREAK]
-Starmie 720[BREAK]
-Over-The-Gyarados[BREAK]
-Magikarp Splash

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twt2] --accent: #688592; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 11.5px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: AUTO;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt2 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
sanctuary owner
civilian
дождь крови
awards
5,130 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 12:08:46 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It was now, officially, Mantine from Hell™ hours now.

Legend has it that the loud Russian screaming could still be heard even deep into the night—

Moreso in the early morning, when he went because much as he wanted to do the tricks in the evening, the earliest time he could go was one hour after sunrise.

Hiss.

He hated doing it close to sunset because he was sure everyone was watching.

Magikarp Splash, let’s go.

Ero2t6mD

total points so far: 15,850

date: 20 August

@tag
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 12:10:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marshallpost"]
[attr="class","marshallposttext"]

Holy shit! Marshall and his Mantine did it! The Over-the-Gyarados![break][break]

The rest of the tricks should be much easier, Marshall guessed. As his Mantine swam toward the next wave, he shouted at his Pokémon, "Okay! Now let's do the STARMIE 720! I believe in you!"[break][break]

uxoOhQDZ

[attr="class","marshallpostooc"]

NOTES

+ Mantine Surfing (Total Points: 7500)[break]
+ Successful Tricks: Magikarp Splash, Over-the-Gyarados

[googlefont=Calibri]
[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.marshallpost]--accent:#D45A40;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marshallpost]font:14px Calibri;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallposttext b"]color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallposttext a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .marshallpost .marshallposttext i { color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallposttext u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostooc"]} .marshallpost .marshallpostooc b { color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc a { font:14px Calibri;font-weight:800;text-transform:uppercase; } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc i { color:var(--accent); } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc h1 { font:18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);font-weight:800;letter-spacing:.5px } .marshallpost .marshallpostooc u { text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".marshallpost .marshallpostpkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

the nightingale
He/him
December 4th
Wedgehurst, Galar
Homosexual
Professor?
Grunt
in the low lamp light i was free / heaven and hell were words to me
awards
106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nightingale
thomas nightingale
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 12:26:24 GMT
thomas nightingale Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Ah, let's try that one more time. He would get this or he would die. Or the event would end, which was likely.

Magikarp Splash !

ivmBYKA0

fail
point total: 0

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Azul

Lia
She/Her
March 30th
Petalburg City, Hoenn
Bisexual
Historian / Explorer
League Archivist
I can and I will. Watch me.
awards
655 posts
Amelia Livy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lia
Amelia Livy
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 12:27:36 GMT
Amelia Livy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","awt6"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Maaan, malasadas sound so good right now." The perfect pick-me-up after all this constant failure they've been dealing with. Sometimes, can be pretty damn wise. Only sometimes, though, and it's not like Lia would ever tell him as much.
[break][break]
With thoughts of delicious malasadas in her head, she urges her Mantine towards the next wave, but not without first calling out to her favourite flyboy:
[break][break]
"You're paying, though!"

[break][break]
FPdodZR6
[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

notes

[break]
MAGIKARP SPLASH 🌟[break]
TOTAL SCORE: 2750 POINTS

-Gorebyss/Huntail Spin[break]
-Lanturn 360[break]
-Primarina Twist[break]
-Starmie 720[break]
-Over-The-Gyarados[break]
-Magikarp Splash

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.awt6] --accent: #E9C25D; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 20px 10px 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes h1] font: 16px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.awt6 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ceej

NONNIE, NYX
HE/HIM
December 12
Ballonlea, Galar
andressexual
Enforcer
GRUNT
in the low lamplight i was free, heaven and hell were words to me
awards
658 posts
onyx straub DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @straub
onyx straub
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 12:31:22 GMT
onyx straub Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Decidedly underwhelming. Again!

Over-the-Gyarados !

_M8MZhA6

fail
point total: 5000

[newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Kep
He/him
March 03
Alamos, Sinnoh
Homosexual
boy genius
Associate Scientist
nature, nuture
heaven and home
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
sum of all and by them driven
awards
541 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kepler
kepler brueshaber
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 12:35:15 GMT
kepler brueshaber Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Holy shit, holy shit, he actually did it! He was so overwhelmed with pride and joy that he didn't realize they were already going into their next trick.

Over-the-Gyarados !

bEoDc9Dd

fail
point total: 5000

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 12:41:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Big money he thought as he bore down on his Mantine to try again, no whammies!

Magikarp Splash !

Pv0xBLB|

not this again (failed)
point total: 3500

close tab

played by

Ceej

cj
They/Them
May 18
Snowpoint City, Sinnoh
Pansexual
Menace
Cadet
oh, i was lost, but now i am found
awards
180 posts
CJ Mizikar DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ceejay
CJ Mizikar
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 12:46:54 GMT
CJ Mizikar Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

If they could go back in time they'd scoop their technique from two tricks ago and plop it on this one.

MAGIKARP SPLASH

cvTZ19U7

trick bro i will literally delete you!!!!
point total: 700 [newclass=.samcam] [/newclass][newclass=.samcam b] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam i] color: #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #d49736; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.samcam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font: 800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 12:46:58 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
6 for @surfing
Ouch. Hopefully this wouldn't be streak.

2|NZU5a4
- Attempting PRIMARINA TWIST
- Total points: 12850
- Completed MAGIKARP SPLASH, OVER-THE-GYARADOS, STARMIE 720, PRIMARINA TWIST (x2), LANTURN 360, & GOREBYSS/HUNTAIL SPIN
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 12:51:56 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

So close and, yet, so far!

Over-the-Gyarados !

qqhswFng

DATTEBAYO!
point total: 9250

close tab

played by

Ceej

a. z. fell
She/Her
December 21st
Fortree, Hoenn
Bisexual
Surviving
Civillian
we could
have been us
5'8" / 172 cm height
5'8" / 172 cm height
i'm just a demon who goes along with hell as far as she can.
awards
1,436 posts
ana fell DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cygne
ana fell
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 12:53:26 GMT
ana fell Avatar
[attr="class","samcam"]

Oh my god oh my god she was so freakin' close to getting this trick! She was going to go insane.

Time to shake things up-- time to try the Magikarp Splash

8hOC7AJI

trick failed
point total: 1600
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing