Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
THE CODFATHER [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 1:14:58 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Why must you torture me so?" Barnaby asked flatly to the obviously amused , but it was more of a rhetorical question than anything else. He already knew why Mars bullied him so: because it elicited a reaction, of course, but mostly because they both not-so secretly enjoyed their back and forth. A lot, actually. It had been a constant in their relationship since the day they met.

"Tell you what, mon trésor. You come riding with me and I'll agree to go on a fly fishing trip with you." Not an equivalent exchange by any means, but that didn't really bother him.

To he gave a bright smile and congratulatory thumbs up. "Impressive! I was barely able to pull off one trick. Even with Martín trying to teach me." Was there a theme emerging here... ?

When the question of spin fishing came up, Barnaby's brows furrowed in thought. A moment passed before he pointed to the reel near the base of his rod. "Maybe because of this?" He suggested, the spool conveniently beginning to spin as another fish took hold of the line.

DVvVzfky

👑 08.16 | MAGIKARP (7) - EXTRA SMALL (8)
🎣 08.17 | WISHIWASHI (11) - AVERAGE (44)
🎣 08.18 | MAGIKARP (6) - AVERAGE (68)
🎣 08.19 | WISHIWASHI (19) - AVERAGE (70)

·
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
THE CODFATHER [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 7:07:57 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt4"]
[attr="class","main"]

Riding in exchange for fly fishing? Not exactly the most fair of trades, but given that Mars himself isn't a fan of the latter, he'd suppose it is fair in the sense that they both won't enjoy all that much anyway. Then again, the idea of seeing try to fly fish is too hilarious to possibly pass on it.
[break][break]
"Oh, you got yourself a deal, but just remember that you're the one who suggested this." Mars smirks, knowing that Barnaby will definitely end up regretting it... until he makes it up to him, that is.
[break][break]
"Hey, look at you, fishing expert." He teases when Barnaby answers 's question and reels in another fish. Mars himself does as much too, ending up with an average Lanturn. "Yeah, there's a lot of different kinds of reels, but spinning reels are some of the easiest to use, so they tend to be the most popular. Nice catch."
[break][break]
With a joking whistle, he praises Gavin's Basculin just as the Lanturn is returned.

[break][break]
17EZeiiG

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

MARS' FISHING RECORD

[break]
FISHING CHART FOR REFERENCE[break][break]
🎣 15.08 | MAGIKARP (3) - AVERAGE SIZE (35) [break]
👑 16.08 | MAGIKARP (2) - DYNAMAX SIZE (94) [break]
🎣 17.08 | MAGIKARP (5) - AVERAGE SIZE (61) [break]
🎣 18.08 | MILOTIC (99) - AVERAGE SIZE (34) [break]
🎣 19.08 | LANTURN (53) - AVERAGE SIZE (27) [break]
🎣 20.08 | BASCULIN (24) - EXTRA LARGE SIZE (88) [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twt4] --accent: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 .main] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 .notes h1] font: 15px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 .pkmn img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]

·
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE CODFATHER [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 10:16:14 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"I'm stubborn," he laughs, when compliments him. "That, and I had someone to impress."

He casts a glance toward , half teasing and half enamored. He'd been trying to have enough experiences with the Splashfest for both of them, so that it wasn't as difficult for his husband to have missed out. Instead, he gets to hear Gavin's hilarious recounting of his many failed attempts to pull off a Magikarp Splash.

He nods at the suggestion about the rod. "That makes sense."

Hearing 's confirmation, he spares a glace at the reel. A spinning reel, huh? He'll remember that, hopefully. With another cast, the hook sinks into the water.

_CKHJ8bO

FISHING HAUL

15.08 AVERAGE MANTINE (74,26)
16.08 AVERAGE WISHIWASH (19,53)
17.08 SMALL MANTINE (72,11) 👑
18.08 EXTRA SMALL MANTINE (71,8) 👑
19.08 LARGE BASCULIN (22,84)
20.08 AVERAGE WISHIWASHI (17,35)
00.08 FISH SIZE (0,0)

·
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
THE CODFATHER [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2022 15:59:25 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"Yes, yes. I'll remember."

The thought of wading chest-deep into a cold river somewhere, likely dressed in abhorrent, god-awful waders, was not something Barnaby particularly looked forward to. But he knew that for every minute of discomfort Mars would be sure to reciprocate the opposite tenfold, and that was motivation enough to follow through. Hell, it could possibly even turn into their best trip yet.

"Ha! I was right. Look at me, I guess I'm a fast learner." Being hailed a fishing expert, although not seriously, was still enough praise for Barning to sit up a little straighter and raise his head up triumphantly.

This came on the heels of yet another successful catch, although it was just another average WISHIWASHI on the end of the line. "How are you two catching so many better fish??"

twCejEnr

🎣 08.20 | SHARPEDO (86) - EXTRA SMALL (8)
·
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE CODFATHER [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 7:22:59 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"My luck's not been great, either," he points out to . "Except maybe that big Basculin, but nothing beats that Magikarp that Mars fished up. Unless you were talking about those two."

He indicates and with a chuckle.

Gavin's been keeping track of the size of each thing he's brought out of the water, much to the annoyance of the fish. The Mantine in particular have been wriggly and uncooperative, but he's managed to make a chart nevertheless.

Hoping for some larger numbers, he casts his line back out.

sU74iXbb

FISHING HAUL

21.08 AVERAGE GOREBYSS (56,65)
00.08 FISH SIZE (0,0)
·
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
THE CODFATHER [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 10:11:28 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt4"]
[attr="class","main"]

”Maybe the fish just have a type.” He winks, teasing, but what exactly do he and have in common anyway? Other than the fact that they’re both extremely handsome, obviously. They had met at the gym and bonded when working out together, and they both do really like water type pokémon. If Mars were to take a stab in the dark, if there’s something somehow magically luring the larger fish, it’s probably the latter of these things.
[break][break]
However, Mars knows well that that’s not actually how it goes with fishing, and so he laughs while reeling in a huge Basculin.
[break][break]
”Honestly, fishing is just like that sometimes. My dad used to take me fishing all the time as a kid, and some days we’d really catch much better things than others.”
[break][break]
It’s not the sort of thing Mars would tell most people, for he’s not one to speak of his past, but there’s a sense of comfort and trust when speaking to , , and , and the anecdote comes so easily that he barely even thinks about this fact.
[break][break]
The Basculin is returned and the line is once again cast.

[break][break]
QDkLQE93

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

MARS' FISHING RECORD

[break]
🎣 21.08 | BASCULIN (22) - AVERAGE SIZE (30) [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=.twt4] width: 420px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: calibri; color: #aaa; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 b] color: var(--accent); font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: var(--accent); letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 .tag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 11px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 .tag a] font: 12px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 .notes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; height: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 .notes h1] font: 15px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: var(--accent); text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 .notes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: var(--accent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.twt4 .pkmn] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: var(--accent); padding: 5px; width: 410px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]

·
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
THE CODFATHER [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2022 15:17:49 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
At Gavin's prompting, Barnaby's gaze slipped over to and . Now there were the two fishing experts of the bunch. Not unsurprising given Mars' upbringing, but it made him wonder at Temp's background. Truthfully, he knew little about the man besides his fondness for . Hopefully outings like this would reveal more about not only him, but all three of the other men gathered here on The Codfather.

"Do any of your childhood catches stand out to you? Maybe you reeled in something really good?" Barnaby asked of , wanting to know more. Mars rarely, if ever, spoke of his family, let alone his father. This was an opportunity not to be passed up.

"What about you, Gavin?" He posed his next question to the other underboss this time, swiveling in his seat. "Did you fish as a child?"

Just then, his line went taut - something more aggressive than a MAGIKARP or WISHIWASHI had to be on the other end! After a short fight where Barnaby spun his reel furiously, eventually a miniscule SHARPEDO broke through the water. "...Progress, I guess? At least I caught a shark this time."

hJxuowTO

🎣 08.21 | WISHIWASHI (14) - AVERAGE (48)

·
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE CODFATHER [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 8:57:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
There's a subtle melancholy to Gavin when brings up fishing trips with his dad. Does take note, or was it sheer coincidence that the other man inquires after Gavin's own childhood? He tears his gaze from the ocean, though the distance in it remains.

He could lie. Make something up about a happier childhood, a better father. But is his husband, and is one of his closest friends, so after a moment of hesitation the underboss shakes his head.

"My dad tried to teach me, but it was never my thing."

Do you know how long it takes to drown, Cillian?

Thomas Quinn had been far too perceptive a man; his son's fear of the ocean had been something easily exploited in later years. Would-be fond memories of the elder Quinn attempting to teach his son how to fish are soured by the residual chill of disappointment.

Fear makes you weak.

Gavin shakes off his past with a quirk of his lips that doesn't meet his amber gaze. "It's all right now that I'm getting used to it, though. Almost relaxing."

F9aP2gEv

FISHING HAUL

22.08 GIGANTAMAX SHARPEDO (87,100) 👑
00.08 FISH SIZE (0,0)

·
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
THE CODFATHER [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 10:53:53 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt4"]
[attr="class","main"]

"My dad tried to teach me, but it was never my thing."
[break][break]
Calmly, subtly, Mars watches his friend for a moment, and the assessment is made that there’s probably more there than what is said. He doesn’t want to be uncomfortable or for him not to enjoy this fishing trip, so a decision is made all too easily while reeling in a second, much smaller Basculin:
[break][break]
”Nah, I was the one who taught Gavin how to fish when we first met. It was hilarious, he couldn’t even put the rod together.” Mars tells , casting a bright smile towards his fellow underboss. He has always been one to easily draw attention to himself, but sometimes that much can be done for others’ sake.
[break][break]
Then again, this time, as quickly as it comes, it’s taken away…
[break][break]
”Gavin?! Holy shit. Do you need any help there?!” He laughs when seeing the gigantic Sharpedo. ”Damn, guess the good student always surpasses the teacher, huh? Still think fishing is relaxing?”
[break][break]
That one sure will go to the list of memorable catches.

[break][break]
qdtfFmzr

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

MARS' FISHING RECORD

[break]
🎣 22.08 | MAGIKARP (8) - AVERAGE SIZE (65) [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

·
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
THE CODFATHER [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2022 23:53:40 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
It was 's job to be observant. A skill he'd honed over time and with much practice. So when the look in 's eyes grew distant, when he hesitated just slightly before replying, Barnaby figured he'd struck some kind of chord.

This, too, was unsurprising. Not many criminals had a fairytale childhood, after all, him included.

Luckily moved in to lighten the mood, to which Barnaby could only smile warmly and nod his head. "Thank Arceus he had the fishing king to guide him."

Or had that title been usurped? All too suddenly the water on Gavin's side of the boat erupted in flailing fins and gnashing teeth. A huge SHARPEDO breached the surface, snagged on the underboss' hook. "Merde! I've never seen one so big!"

N9mm_kIE

🎣 08.22 | GOREBYSS (57) - AVERAGE (40)

·
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE CODFATHER [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 9:42:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Right after proclaiming that the activity was relaxing, Gavin has the (mis?)fortune of hauling a massive Sharpedo out of the water on the end of his rod. Considerable though his strength was, he struggles against it.

"Please," he agrees, when offers help. To , he exclaims, "Neither have I."

Once they've subdued the creature and he's trapped it in a pokeball (for this will likely be the one he chooses to keep), Gavin takes a bit of a breather to recover from the stress before casting his line back into the water.

"I didn't even know they could get that big."

MmnRD67n

FISHING HAUL

23.08 AVERAGE HUNTAIL (65,37)
00.08 FISH SIZE (0,0)
·
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
THE CODFATHER [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2022 10:10:38 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt4"]
[attr="class","main"]

Sometimes fishing is much more of a collaborative sport than what many would believe, because when it comes to reeling in something like a massive fucking Sharpedo, help sure is more than welcomed and needed.
[break][break]
So, Mars abandons his own rod to help with his catch, and when it’s finally dealt with and the Sharpedo is within the confines of a pokéball, he can’t help but laugh.
[break][break]
”Man, that thing has probably been feasting on everything we’ve caught so far.”
[break][break]
Grim, but it’s likely what attracted it to the boat.
[break][break]
Mars grabs himself a drink and returns to his seat, only then seeing that he seems to have caught something too. He reels in another Magikarp. Go figure. Good thing he’s at least a fan of those.

[break][break]
_q4pHJSr

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

MARS' FISHING RECORD

[break]
🎣 23.08 | GOREBYSS (56) - AVERAGE SIZE (74) [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

·
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,223 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
THE CODFATHER [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 0:15:26 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Three seemed like a crowd, so Barnaby left the two underbosses to their work. Honestly, it was mildly entertaining to watch them reel in the gigantic SHARPEDO together, if only because he'd never thought he'd witness something like that.

Once Gavin's big catch was successfully within a Poké Ball, another margarita was then pulled from a nearby cooler and popped open with a satisfying crack of aluminum. Rim to his lips, Barnaby leaned back, took a sip, then simply watched the ocean in front of him.

His line was quiet, save for an uninteresting GOREBYSS which he immediately threw back. He was hoping that 's SHARPEDO hadn't scared away other large fish. Time would tell.

EI1DabtL

🎣 08.22 | GOREBYSS (57) - AVERAGE (40)
🎣 08.23 | MAGIKARP (10) - AVERAGE (30)

·
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,901 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
THE CODFATHER [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 7:02:01 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
outlook is grim, but Gavin decides he's probably right.

"Maybe we'll have better luck now that it's subdued?"

He casts his line back out, hopeful. Another big catch would be nice, though perhaps not that big. He didn't need a second heart attack.

Fl3o6|rr

FISHING HAUL

23.08 AVERAGE HUNTAIL (65,37)
24.08 EXTRA LARGE BASCULIN (25,89)
00.08 FISH SIZE (0,0)
·
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
THE CODFATHER [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 9:14:45 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","twt4"]
[attr="class","main"]

"Could be. Wouldn't be that hard to tell usually, but a lot of migratory fish can't leave Hoenn now, so I guess that explains why they're biting so often." Mars shrugs, watching the waters while he waits for something to bite.
[break][break]
Funny how that works, right? A dome set up to isolate the region because Hoenn's people are just so so bad ends up hurting even the innocent dwellers of the ocean. Obviously, this is all the Drk Triad's fault. But hey, for now, Mars sure doesn't mind the easy fishing experience.
[break][break]
Speaking of which... His next catch is a Gorebyss, and for a second, he wonders if its the one had just released. Probably not, but deep sea fish shouldn't be this close to the surface.
[break][break]
"Who knows, maybe one of us will reel in a Wailord." He jokes, knowing it could be entirely possible given everything going on.

[break][break]
YM_Gh31i

[break][break]
[attr="class","notes"]

MARS' FISHING RECORD

[break]
🎣 23.08 | GOREBYSS (56) - AVERAGE SIZE (74) [break]
🎣 24.08 | SHARPEDO (86) - AVERAGE SIZE (52) [break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

·