6,429 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
sontar
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2023 9:59:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"It's one I'll never forget," Josh said with a beaming smile. "I just wish I had more ways to physically remember it. But legendary Pokémon do what they do." She seemed genuinely interested in the Gym Leader's hunt for Raikou, beyond just the Beast being a huge asset to the League. Ultimately though, it wasn't her decision, and it wasn't Josh's decision. It would have been the decision of Johto's Raikou, but he believed the Beast was no longer alive to make that decision. Pyre had showed that death wasn't permanent, though!

Josh's eyes shifted down the list of measurements Illeana wanted him to take. They all seemed reasonably easy, other than capturing dimensional frequencies. "I'm not terribly familiar with that last bit... but if you've got a device that can take that measurement and show me how to operate it, I can do it. Were you looking more for images or video?" he asked the scientist. "My phone's video quality isn't great; it's old and it wasn't a high end model to begin with, anyway."

{WC: 177}
{PC: 8}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Snacker        Sharpedo        Good
Resheph        Dragonair       Good
Tiamat         Dragonite       Good
Janus          Espeon          Good
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
sontar
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 0:42:11 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]he's correct, for the most part. legendary and mythical pokemon do whatever they please. as you do, really, but sometimes it's hard to remember such a concept.

"i'm working on getting a device made."

progress is being made, even as they speak now.

"between the capabilities of porygon-z and a psychic pokemon's detection skills, i believe we should be able to modify a handheld device to function in the same manner."

there's no telling if it would actually hold to the hope she has in the field, however.

backup plans are necessary. she murmurs as such.

"either will be fine. whatever you can manage to bring back is sufficient for me, really."

she expects, somewhere along the way, their methods will advance. for now, she relies on quick thinking in the field and recordings to unveil hidden truths.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,429 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
sontar
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 22:58:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
When the mention of a psychic-type Pokémon being helpful caught Josh's ears, he spoke up. "I can bring Janus, my Espeon, to the rifts if you think he would be helpful." Furthermore, it seemed either photography or video footage would work well for Illeana's research. "I'll make sure to use both where appropriate."

There was also the question of which rifts Josh would explore first, but he already had his decision made when he got the call in the first place. "I'm going to be heading to Mount Pyre to pay my last respects to a Doublade that died not too long after Meteno. The death was completely unrelated to Meteno, but it is still painful all the same. May as well take a look at the rift there while I'm in the area. After that, I'm planning on heading to the one in the Great Desert, as it's the threat closest to Mauville, the city I'm responsible for." He didn't seem to want to budge on those two. "After that, I'm open to go wherever the League needs me to."

{WC: 182}
{PC: 9}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
sontar
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 3:28:40 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a nod follows.

"whichever team you think will help you be both successful and safe is fine by me."

his safety is, in the end, the top priority. even her request for intel comes second to the safe survival of all volunteers for this mission. she would not lead them astray, not anymore.

"be careful of the rift known as the border."

she speaks of caution, some experience tucked under her belt.

"the spirits it holds are not all friendly."

and when he mentions the desert, she looks a little more curious than before.

"good... i have yet to hear any reports from the ultra desert's rift."

the more variety in each report, the better...

"i can send you additional options once you complete your choices if you'd like."

and with that, the meeting is beginning to crawl toward a close.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,429 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
sontar
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2023 22:46:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh took mental notes of Illeana's brief description of The Border. "Got it. Will stay vigilant. Everything you've told me about both rifts has been helpful. I'll bring six of my best Pokémon to each." He had been exposed to enough danger against his terms that his combat skills had been galvanized in the few short months he had been in Hoenn. "Will get you as much information on the desert rift as I can. Once I'm done with those two, I'm down to go into whichever ones you need the most information on, but I can't promise it will be soon. It largely depends on how busy the Gym gets in the spring. Plus, the racing season will be starting up again in March soon, and the opener is being held at Fortree's Gym. I don't want to miss it."

And with that, their meeting would be coming to a close. "I'll get you as many details as I can about the rifts. Will stay in touch. Next time I see you near your lab, would studying my Eeveelutions help you learn more about distortions and Alpha Pokémon?" He sent out Janus, his saddled Espeon, and mounted up, looking like he was going to take off at a moment's notice. "They're all about his size." He gently pat the psychic-type on the back of the head. "I'd like to learn more about them, too. Alpha Pokémon are so fascinating."

{WC: 243}
{PC: 10}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
sontar
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 2:29:34 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]her smile warms, dripping with appreciation like honey.

"thank you, i appreciate your willingness to help me with this."

and really, she does. it's difficult, sometimes, for her to ask for assistance in these sorts of things. and it's even more difficult to realize there are still people out there willing to help her.

she has long since forgotten what that means. the reminder is welcome and warm.

at the mention of alpha pokemon and distortions, a look of consideration rises.

"i'm not sure how they'd be able to tell me much about distortions, but i could take a look at their dna sequences to see what's happening with their size if you'd like?"

aside from that, she's not sure how much help she'd be in that department. what she's seen (and experimented on) within distortions doesn't seem to be tethered to pokemon they can study. rather... it seems intertwined in mythos and legends. she's placed any distortion work on the backburner, though. with the meteor now nothing more than a distant threatening memory, she doesn't have much faith in continuing when there's other... bigger threats to face.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,429 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
sontar
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 18:21:20 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"I look forward to it," Josh smiled back. "With my chase of Raikou running cold, I've gotta help out another way, right?" he shrugged. Stranger things have happened in Hoenn; after hearing 's story of how he stumbled into Articuno, it really did seem like if the two were going to meet, Raikou would seek him rather than what he had tried to do for so long. The one run he got on the Johto Beast's back also resoundingly showed that there was no physical training he could do to truly ready himself to ride that thundercloud.

When questioned about the link between Josh's Eeveelutions and Distortions, he explained his theory further. "Ever since the distortions started showing up, I've noticed an increase in wild Pokémon that are really big for their species. It makes me wonder if there's a link. If you have the time to, can I stop by your lab in the near future so you can take a look at them?"

{WC: 166}
{PC: 11}

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,227 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
sontar
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 3:03:04 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]a nod follows his request.

"yeah, feel free to stop by any time!"

she can clear space in her schedule for him. it's the least she can do for his assistance, she reasons.

besides, it'd be nice to occupy the mind with her normal work instead of constantly ruminating on every unseen threat they currently face.

and with that, the meeting draws to a close.

she offers a smile and a look of gratitude as she takes a step back.

"ride safe, okay?"

another moment passes before she turns to head back to her desk, the next meeting already beginning to overwrite blank spaces of the mind.

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,429 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
sontar
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2023 15:26:28 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Awesome," Josh breathed a sigh of relief. "Thanks so much. When I get the chance I'll bring all of Janus' cousins to your lab so you can obtain some insight and share it with me." With that, the Leader stood up. "In a strange way, I look forward to helping you out. Anything to help make sure those Rocket blankers burn." He, of course, knew better than to use foul language in front of the scientist. "I'll give you a call once I find a break in my schedule. My Gym's still booked out solid, after all."

"Will do!" Josh answered, waving goodbye to Illeana. "See you soon, hopefully with some good reports for you!" With that, the Gym Leader would leave and book lodging at a nearby hotel. He was far too tired to make the journey all the way back to Mauville so late in the day.

{WC: 149}
{PC: 12}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,484 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
sontar
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 5:06:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
(REPEAT)
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region