2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
a pinch of sugar
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 5:13:46 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e hummed to himself as he puttered around his kitchen.

The window was open, a light breeze blowing in fresh air. The scent of brown sugar and baking chocolate wafted to the rafters.

On the counter sat various cookies of all shapes and sizes. Mostly pokemon shapes, of course. Some were still cut out and waiting on the oven while others were cooling by the window. Dough was sitting in a clear bowl, a damp towel resting over the top to keep it from drying out. Little containers had sprinkles of all types, jars and piping bags ready for decorations.

The news played softly in the background from the living room. Something to keep the cats entertained as they lounged on the couch.

Chu-e was not expecting the visit from . But when would he ever? The guy could walk in here whenever he liked.

But maybe he should have anticipated it. Chu-e had, after all, requested a gift be delivered to herself...
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,293 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
a pinch of sugar
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 12:47:39 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner stood in the entrance to Chu-e's kitchen and took in the sight before him. When the Bureau had received word that their most recently released prisoner had a gift for , the natural response was to send Gunner to investigate the nature of the gift. Truth be told, he'd expected the internal workings of a bomb spread out on the kitchen table.[break][break]

Instead, he'd found cookies in various stages of completion.[break][break]

"What's in these cookies?" Gunner asked, lifting a corner of the damp towel to peek at the dough beneath it.[break][break]

He had more than enough reason to act with suspicion. After all, Chu-e had been in a high-security prison until just a few weeks ago; before that, he'd been a prominent member of Team Rocket. But he'd sold their secrets to the League in exchange for their protection of his daughter, and it seemed that was that.[break][break]

Gunner didn't like it. However, Chu-e wasn't the first member of Team Rocket to defect. Gunner's thoughts drifted briefly to @rosie, whose parole he'd supervised a few years ago. Then there was , the most recent defector before Chu-e, now a Gym Leader.[break][break]

It was almost like Team Rocket was full of regular people.[break][break]

Almost.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

Mission: Affection's Confections (EE)

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
a pinch of sugar
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 14:28:48 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
A pause as Chu-e blinks at the other. It was always odd to have someone barge in.

"It's nice to see you too, Tough Guy." Chu-e says, tilts his head and batting his eyelashes. There is not venom in his tone but there is heat, a soft mocking of how straight to business that was. But he goes back to his cookies, sifting a fine white powder into a large bowl.

"Sugar, butter, flour, eggs, vanilla.... those over there have brown sugar and chocolate, too."

Stopping what he's doing, Chu-e gives a coy grin.

"The cookies are clean, cross my heart." He even makes the motion to cross over his heart like a good boy would.

"But this?" He dips his pinkie into the white powder he had been sifting. Holds it up for the other to see. "Pure cocaine. Miss Goode is going to have a 'Goode' time. Get it?"

A smirk as he quickly licks the powder off, turning to wash his hands.

(It was not, in fact, cocaine. It was powdered sugar.)
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,293 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
a pinch of sugar
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 15:24:08 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner eyed the white powder with a frown. Chu-e was forbidden from possessing any kind of contraband, whether that was weapons or drugs. A nearby bag of powdered sugar, its opening folded closed and sealed shut with a chip bag clip, revealed the true nature of the ingredient.[break][break]

"Why go through all this trouble?" Gunner asked, leaning against the kitchen counter and crossing his arms over his chest.[break][break]

He tried very hard to ignore how utterly delicious the baked cookies smelled, especially the ones with chocolate.[break][break]

"You could just buy some from a bakery."[break][break]

The chance of purchased cookies being contaminated was much, much less.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
a pinch of sugar
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 16:45:08 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I like baking."

It was the simplest answer and came the quickest. Even in Rocket had taken to feeding others when he could. Bringing lunches to , brewing tea for and , cookies for and , brownies for and . Plus many, many more culinary concoctions to other public events, bags loaded down with food to share. Food was love. Food was a connection.

"It just means more when you get the flour under your own nails, you know?"

He punctuates this by adding water the 'cocaine', stirring until a simple white frosting is made.

"Want to help me decorate them? I'll pay you in cookies."

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,293 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
a pinch of sugar
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2023 12:12:36 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner understood the sentiment Chu-e expressed, but he didn't trust it coming from a former Rocket Beast whose blood was full of black crystals. He frowned at the bowl of white frosting in the other man's hands.[break][break]

"I'm not very artistic," Gunner said to excuse himself from the task. It was true, though. "I'm sure I'll fuck up your cookies and Commissoner Goode will decide to put you in prison again based on how shitty they are."[break][break]

It was his attempt at a joke, even though he delivered it with as much stony-faced seriousness as he used to deliver threats.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
a pinch of sugar
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2023 7:29:35 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e had mostly expected to not give him any help with the cookies. The man seemed averse to anything that was fun; and Chu-e didn't even know him that well. So he had started to mix colors and other various little things before the other was even done speaking.

Chu-e has to pause when he realizes what Gunner said.

He drops the bowl in his hand on the table with a thud. (It was shatterproof, so it was fiiiiine) A few drops of pink icing splatter on the counter. Chu-e holds his hand on his chest, as if scandalized, an overblown and exaggerated expression of shock on his face.

"Sir, was that a joke? I didn't think you could do that!"

He lets that hang in the air for a second before relaxing again, going back his silly little tasks as if he wasn't just being a drama queen. But Chu-e is smiling now, just a bit. Not the same kind of polite and hollow smile he always gave but one with some amount of warmth, even if tiny.

"Don't be too cute like that or I might start hitting on you. I'm sure neither of us want that." Was what he finally said in his normal voice, chuckling.

One of the cookies on the table had been half filled in the resemble a Skitty's face.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,293 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
a pinch of sugar
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2023 11:41:42 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Somehow, Gunner's frown managed to deepen further at Chu-e's choice of words. "Agreed," the agent replied. "I'd rather you not call me 'cute' again, either."[break][break]

Curiosity eventually got the better of Gunner, however. He leaned closer for a better look at the cookies Chu-e was decorating. He had to admit: the decorations were better than he expected. They actually looked like the Pokémon they were meant to imitate.[break][break]

"These cookies will have to be tested before they're delivered to Commissioner Goode," Gunner said. "And not just because you're the one making them. It's just policy."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
a pinch of sugar
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2023 23:45:26 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
"I figured as much." Chu-e sighs. "This better not be an excuse to try my cookies without any work."

Yet he turns, opening up a small container. It's filled with cookies; these aren't like the Skitty one he had been filling up. They were stained glass cookies. Various shapes, from hearts to stars to simple pokemon faces. Chu-e picks one up and crunches into it, then sits it down next to .

Seems he'd been at this for a while.

"I used the same base for everything. Me 'n plan on love bombing the neighbors." He hums. The crystal sugar crunches between his teeth. "They're really good; I picked up most of the ingredients from a farmer's market down the road."

Chu-e would continue to ramble about the process of cooking. But Gunner, in his experience, should notice something off. It was a very subtle smell... one that Chu-e likely hadn't noticed with his nose already full of vanilla extract.

These cookies were poisoned. The batter was poisoned as well. All of them were.

Chu-e wiped crumbs off his finger and grabbed another cookie to chow down. One that was also poisoned.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,293 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
a pinch of sugar
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 15:38:57 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner did not pinpoint exactly what seemed off about the cookie Chu-e was eating until he'd already finished it and was reaching out for another. Revelation struck Gunner as if a Tauros had charged him.[break][break]

"Wait!" he shouted, hand snapping out to grab Chu-e's wrist with enough force to hopefully make them release the second cookie.[break][break]

Then Gunner tugged on Chu-e's arm with his free hand, trying to drag them to the sink.[break][break]

"You need to throw that up right now," he said rapidly, the sharpness of his tone leaving little room for argument. Though the agent didn't like Chu-e, he was not going to let them die during his visit. It would look too suspicious.[break][break]

"It's poison. I don't know what kind but we can't waste any time guessing."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
a pinch of sugar
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2023 23:41:09 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e yelped when grabbed him. If it hadn't been for crystal reinforced bones, the other man could have easily broken something. He doesn't fight when he's dragged to the sink, more bewildered than anything.

"Wai- poison? What the fuck! I just wasted all that sugar!" Was moaned out; that more a worry than whatever the hell was running through his blood.

Picking one of the still cooling cookies up with his free hand, Chu-e crumbled it up and brought it to his nose.

"I'll be fine." Is spat out, annoyed. He tosses the cookie into the sink and turns it on to wash chocolate off his hand.

"You know what my role in Rocket was, right? This'll just give me the shits later."

Tugging himself free of the other, Chu-e grabbed for the piles and piles of cookies- and started to fling them into the trash. A scowl darkened his brow as he did so.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,293 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
a pinch of sugar
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2023 14:10:48 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner released Chu-e when it seemed the former Rocket Beast would be all right. The cookies were supposed to be presents for , but Chu-e would not have eaten them with such nonchalance — nor thrown them out — if poisoning her had been his goal.[break][break]

"Is someone trying to assassinate you?" Gunner asked, coming to an unsettling conclusion.[break][break]

Who had Chu-e pissed off enough in the past? Were they someone in the League government who'd been hurt by Chu-e's past actions? Or someone in Team Rocket who'd learned of the defection?[break][break]

Gunner surveyed the kitchen. Which ingredient contained the poison?[break][break]

"We need to clean out your pantry." He opened the bag of sugar and sniffed it. "I'll go with you to the grocery store afterward to buy replacements."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
a pinch of sugar
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 2:58:21 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
The cookies all gone, delicate work from hours shattered and broken in the can, Chu-e starts to tear the stuff from his cabinets as is still speaking. There is a raw fury there.

Crystal claws flex from his fingers like a cat's, ripping bags and boxes open as he throws them away. An unintended side effect.

"If fuckin had gotten one of these I swear to fuckin..." Chu-e's voice lowers as he mutters dark promises.

The first question Gunner asks is ignored until a packed lunch, the washable bento and all, is thrown away. The lid pops open, revealing rice shaped like Shinx and Luxray heads inside.

"I don't fucking know, Gunner!" Chu-e snaps, whirling on the other man. "Do you know how many lives I've fucked up just be fucking existing?!"

Hands are slammed down on the counter. Chu-e grits his teeth, crystal shimmering and wracking over his skin in ripples. Shaking shoulders and closed eyes are followed by deep breath. Gray tears gather in the corners of his eyes.

"I..." A sniff. Chu-e wipes his cheek on the back of his hand. "I'm sorry, man. You didn't... what if I didn't notice and I killed her, you know? Like, what would I do? What would be the point of anything?"
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,293 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
a pinch of sugar
POSTED ON May 4, 2023 13:10:10 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Gunner tensed as Chu-e's fury took hold and he tore through his cabinets and threw everything out. The agent noticed the dark crystals as they rippled across Chu-e's body. His hand instinctively moved to the Pokéballs at his belt, ready to defend himself if the other went feral.[break][break]

Instead, Chu-e sniffled, and Gunner realized what the other man was saying. Naturally, a father would be worried about his daughter. But up until that moment, Gunner had still struggled to see Chu-e as a human being instead of just a former terrorist.[break][break]

And as someone who'd once wanted to be a father, Gunner found himself sympathizing with Chu-e's fear.[break][break]

He reached out and put a hand on the other's shoulder. "Don't worry, she's still alive. Now let's go buy you some new groceries."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 13px Roboto;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
a pinch of sugar
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 2:12:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: