shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: THE BORDER

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

MT. PYRE[break]✥ THE BORDER

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055281670649032755/bambooba.mp3[/player][break]
Northern Province - Area 2 (Riding) - Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
[break]

THE BORDER IS A MOUNTAINOUS PURGATORY OF MUTED SEPIA SMOKE. By floating islands, translucent bridges soar through the realm toward the heavens. Tall stone spires jut out from the spiritual mist. In the sky, the wisps of spirits can be seen heading toward their final destination before the afterlife...[break][break]

Curiously, there are four broken seals embedded in four mountains. Though Adrian Malcolm and YVELTAL may have seen their location upon their unceremonious entry, the spirit realm has shifted since their last visit, rendering each broken seal far apart from each other.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 03 examine the broken seal to the south, found in the middle of a cliffside.
  • 05 help the spirit of a person or pokemon pass on.
  • 07 offer coins to the gimmighoul ferryman to take a ride across a river.
  • 08 experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred.
  • 14 engage in battle with the vengeful and vestigial spirit of moltres or victini.
  • 15 become lost in the mist.
  • 🗺️ utilize mega evolution in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ 's lack of ambition for power, rank, or fame must prove to be advantageous in some way.
  • 🗺️ may encounter or see the spirit of her deceased girlfriend, emma, in the border.
  • 🗺️ must explore the reasons behind her defection from the league in some way
  • 🗺️ the spell tag must be used/worn/placed on a pokemon to lure or attract an antagonist (e.g. a spirit).

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
THIS REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE A DINNER PARTY
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
THE BORDER: RCL
POSTED ON Apr 27, 2023 18:52:44 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
"SO... I'M JUST GONNA ASSUME YOU TWO DON'T KNOW ANYTHING about me since you both don't have questions, correct?" Selena chuckles as she tries to break the ice. She has been assigned with two rocket grunts for her first mission, understandably. It is not like she is going to be working immediately with the rocket higher ups. Perhaps, they are not too stupid to just let their guards down with an ex-League affiliated journalist whose only goal was to take information she can use against them.

But now that she is on their side makes everything impossible to believe.

"I lost all my confidence with the League ever since the megalopolan war ended: that's the best way to cut the long story short. And that is not even a lie. Everyone who was present two years ago would have recalled how Selena "betrayed" her colleagues in the eyes of the entire Hoenn: just in time for Team Rocket to declare their presence. But that does not entirely explain the depth of her true reason. Instead, she turns to them. "How about yours?"

A few hikes after will lead them into the summit of one of the floating islands. The view is spectacular: silhouettes of spire-like mountains are enveloped in the sepia-colored mist, skylight bridges shimmering from far away from the light of eternal sunset, a view ever so rare in Hoenn. From the thickness of the clouds, it is almost impossible to see where the location of the seal is. Good thing they have come to this expedition not empty-handed.

PROMPT CHECKLIST:

• SELENA DESMARAIS must explore the reasons behind her defection from the league in some way

close tab

played by

Greyson

Anything
January 01
Ace
Rocket
Grunt
17 height
17 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
56 posts
River Marx DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @river
River Marx
POSTED ON May 1, 2023 2:22:59 GMT
River Marx Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]river blinks at 's explanation.
[break][break]
"uh... i'm just here for a paycheck." it's not entirely true, of course, but his real intentions are unknown to everyone but himself. one thing was for sure, however.
[break][break]
"i'm a 'point-and-do' type of person. so.. don't hesitate to point?" he trails it off with a shrug.
[break][break]
what views as clouds, river sees something different.
[break][break]
"i think we're lost in the mist."

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break][break] [break]15 become lost in the mist.

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #b1d999; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Cal
she/her
June 6th
???
Lesbian
Model
Grunt
You keep on trying but, I like your blood on my teeth just a little too much
awards
30 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calli
Calliope Alvara
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 0:16:12 GMT
Calliope Alvara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]
"Because it was the only path left for me to take." Calliope replies matter-of-factly, as if it were the only logical explanation for her being there. "Rocket has means to an end I need, something the League or law couldn't possibly offer me... so I'm here to earn my right to it." And then she shrugs, hands tucked back into her pockets as she regards the 'clouds'. It looks strange, yet it's only when River mentions it that she takes note of it.

[break][break]
Not clouds. Mist. And they're surrounded by a seemingly endless sea of it.

[break][break]
"Then we better move, don't we? Wouldn't do us any good loitering about." She wants to keep on going; they have their orders, and she'd prefer their time be spent effectively rather than--

[break][break]
"Help me."

[break][break]
A voice breaks through the silence in the mist, and Calliope reacts to it like she's been stung by a wasp, her head snapping to their left. The voice calls out again, too muffled to understand, but it's enough to convince her that she isn't imagining things. To such a degree that she even turns towards the rest of the group. "Did you guys hear that?"

[break][break]
"Help me."

[break][break]
It's louder this time, a shiver running down Calliope's spine as the familiarity of the voice hits home way harder than it should've been allowed to. She doesn't ask again, nor waits for a reply on whether they heard or not; pivotting on the back of her heels and marching into the mist without uttering another word. Her hands clench into fists, trying to hide the tremble within them as her eyes try to search for the voice's owner... yet she finds the mist does not surrender its secrets so easily.

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxfl]font:12px roboto;--accent:#35b2da;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON May 2, 2023 18:21:32 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
Selena had hoped will give her a better answer but she's glad at least did. After all, they both have the same excuse. Disillusioned by justice, distraught by order, distrusting of freedom. And if it is too much to admit, at least she can give the same answer as the former.

Her teammates point out that it is not just cloud that covers the spires in their present altitude but mist. And mist, in Selena's memory, is a bad thing.

"Hear what?" Her answer is too late as the mist has already consumed . Shit. Selena feels partly responsible for missing a teammate, even when their circumstances become results of their own recklessness.

She calculates, thinks, considers, and comes up with an idea: she looks at . "To point, you say?"

The grey-haired lass pulls out the SPELL TAG from their bag, with its presence pulls a heavy feeling of darkness from beneath the veil of mist. "This. Do this. I think it this will help us locate ."

And it might also help them find what they are looking for, but Selena decides to keep the thought to herself.

PROMPT CHECKLIST:

• SELENA DESMARAIS must explore the reasons behind her defection from the league in some way[break]
  • 15 become lost in the mist.[break]
  • The spell tag must be used/worn/placed on a pokemon to lure or attract an antagonist (e.g. a spirit).

close tab

played by

Greyson

Anything
January 01
Ace
Rocket
Grunt
17 height
17 height
awards
56 posts
River Marx DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @river
River Marx
POSTED ON May 5, 2023 1:18:05 GMT
River Marx Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]indifference settles in river's eyes as death-marches into the mist, disappearing from slightly mere seconds into her venture. he turns his listless gaze onto at her ushering, and he blinks in the face of her commands.
[break][break]
her instruction is unclear; nevertheless, he takes the SPELL TAG from her, holding the item between two fingers. a sense of unease accompanies it, and goosebumps riddle the flesh of that arm.
[break][break]
"worth a shot." he says sounding anything but optimistic. rolling it between the skin of his two fingers, he follows after , letting the cold mist envelop him.
[break][break]
whatever spirit was troubling the woman, would soon reveal itself under the tag's echoing call.

[break]

notes

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Aura

Cal
she/her
June 6th
???
Lesbian
Model
Grunt
awards
30 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calli
Calliope Alvara
POSTED ON May 9, 2023 2:43:28 GMT
Calliope Alvara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]

Once the mist swallows her, there's no way back.

[break][break]
Not that she'd bother trying to turn back, even if it was the most sensible thing to do. She could periodically hear their voices through the foggy curtain surrounding her, but it weren't those voices that were luring her deeper into the unknown. No, the voice she was following was the one calling out to her specifically, whispering her name. One she'd begged to hear in those three years that had passed, knowing fully well she never again would.

[break][break]
Yet here she was, hearing Emma's voice for the first time in years. Her instincts had reared immediately, her heart dancing a tango of anxiety in her chest; Cal knew it wasn't real. But the fantasy of it all was something she couldn't ignore. The what if. A final time.

[break][break]
"Emma?" she calls out into the mist. Silence reigns.

[break][break]
"Emma... speak to me. Please."

[break][break]
The silence persists, but as she's about to press on, a ghostly touch settles on her shoulder. Cal turns on the back of her heels, spinning around towards whomever dared venture behind her and is struck when she looks straight into the faded eyes of her girlfriend. She stumbles back, a hand trying to grasp for the figure standing before her. Calliope catches only mist.

[break][break]
It's the mockery of the Border. The surge of happiness at seeing her dead lover's face is instantly snuffed out by the lack of corporeal density. Anger seeps its way into her thoughts, mingling with the lingering traces of happiness to form something odd. Cal looks at Emma's ghost with pained confusion as it smiles back at her.

[break][break]
She reaches for it, and it reaches back to her, yet their fingers never touch. Merely a gentle breeze lacing between her fingers.

[break][break]
Emma's spirit smiles back sympathetically and shakes her head. "I guess it's just not meant to be..." Emma whispers at her surviving lover, beckoning her.

[break][break]
Cal steps in closer, tears stinging her eyes as she regards her. For a moment she can imagine Emma's hands cupping her face, the breeze hinting at a touch that never is. "I'll find a way," Calliope whispers back, voice thick with emotion. "Whatever it takes." she leans into the invisible touch, and closes her eyes.

[break][break]
Deep within something stirs within her stomach. Behind closed eyes the events of Emma's death replay vividly, and with every repeat she can feel her loathing grow, twisting her face into anger. Her eyes into ice. "I'll kill the bastard who did this to you, Emma. I'll fucking kill them, and everyone involved."

[break][break]
She opens her eyes again, casting them up. "And then I'll bring you back." Calliope has to force the building rage off her face, but her expression melts into something soft and loving when they focus on Emma once more. She gently mimics grasping for the spirit's knuckles, planting a feather-light kiss upon them.

[break][break]
"But I need you to promise me something, dear," the silver-haired woman says, offering the sweetest of smiles. "Go. Lingering here isn't good for you, Emma... wait for me on the other side. Watch over me there, where I can always find you. Because I fear I may lose you again if you stay here." she sees Emma contemplate. Hesitate. And then she nods softly, reaching out once more and planting a kiss on Cal's forehead.

[break][break]
"Be careful, Cal. The Border is a dangerous place, and the secrets it keeps...," she looks around warily, but doesn't finish her sentence. Instead she touches Cal's chest briefly, smiling as orbs start floating around Emma's spirit, beckoning her forward. "I'll wait for you, right here."

[break][break]
It's only when Emma's spirit fades away that Calliope's smile falters, expression darkening as the softness fades together with her lover. A sensation that she's been trying to keep at bay, not wanting anyone to see, finally surfaces. The only drive she's had ever since Emma's death.

[break][break]
Hatred pools in her stomach.

[break][break]
Hate for the bastard that murdered the love of her life; for the reasons that caused this all.

[break][break]
Hate for the law; that claimed they'd done all they can, despite there being more they could have done.

[break][break]
Hate for the world; because it did not care for her loss.

[break][break]
And hate for herself; because she'd failed when Emma needed her most.

[break][break]
To make up for it, for her vengeance, she would drag down anyone involved. Including herself.

[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Personal prompt: encounter or see the spirit of her deceased girlfriend, emma, in the border. [break]
+ 05 help the spirit of a person or pokemon pass on. [break]
+ 08 experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred.

[newclass=.blboxfl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxfl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON May 14, 2023 2:41:46 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar

There are days when Selena thinks soloing a mission is more successful than with teams. This is one of those days. When has also been engulfed into the mist, she takes Akhlys to finally do what needs to be done.

Selena had to be cautious with Team Rocket members even when she is in their side of the court. The gang has no standards for quality control for Selena, considering the amount of defectors the organization has ever seen, and any plan she tries to make may be put in jeopardy if ever she tries to lower her guards down.

Even when Selena joins Team Rocket, she knows there is only a limit to where the organization will take her. Team Rocket aims to destroy, and it is what she needs in order to rebuild something that is this broken. She will not let other people, even Team Rocket, to get in her way of things.

And if sometimes she has to do things alone, so be it.

The Kalosian digs both of her hands into her pocket: one reaches for Venus’s pokéball and the other into the altarianite in her pocket. The golden plummage of the dragon bird blends with sepia curtains. When Selena raises her MEGASTONE piece, Venus shimmers in kaleidoscopic light as her body morphs into a physique of power and elegance. “Let’s waste no time now.”

The dragons dance midair, flapping their wings and making all kinds of movements to clear the area of mist. This gives Selena enough vantage to check where she is on the map, and check for the landmarks that will led her to the south with the broken seal.

The forked peaks lead to her right, some few miles that can be taken uo by flight. She decides to ride out the naganadel, but hesitates when she senses an ominous feeling behind her.

A flap of wings resonate against the canyons, the flames emitting heat that pierces through her skin. A moltres swoops down past Selena, into where and might be in.

And now she has to choose whether to save her teammates or continue their quest.

PROMPT CHECKLIST:

• SELENA DESMARAIS must explore the reasons behind her defection from the league in some way[break]
  • 15 become lost in the mist.[break]
  • The spell tag must be used/worn/placed on a pokemon to lure or attract an antagonist (e.g. a spirit).
  • utilize mega evolution in an advantageous way.[break]
  • 03 examine the broken seal to the south, found in the middle of a cliffside.[break]
  • 14 engage in battle with the vengeful and vestigial spirit of moltres or victini.

close tab

played by

Greyson

Anything
January 01
Ace
Rocket
Grunt
17 height
17 height
awards
56 posts
River Marx DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @river
River Marx
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 2:37:02 GMT
River Marx Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]river catches only the tail-end of 's discussion with.. a ghost? he knows better than to interrupt whatever tidal wave of emotions that were rolling off of her, instead, glancing down at the SPELL TAG coiled around his forefinger. the paper glows a soft violet and immediately he drops it as a searing heat lanced through his nerves.
[break][break]
river can't hold back the frown that turns his lips downward as he stares at the crumpled item. he'd expected it to dissipate or something at worst, or consume that wayward spirit at best. instead, it's consumed in a purple-ish flame, burning brighter and brighter until river's forced to shield his eyes. it only lessens when a great windfall from above snuffs the flames out, scattering the bits of and pieces that remain to the four corners of this realm.
[break][break]
he'd tempted, at first, to thank either or for turning the incessant light off, but whatever measure of gratitude he aims to extend dies on his lips. in-front of him, like a specter of death, lies MOLTRES.
[break][break]
he puffs air out between frozen lips.
[break][break]
"fuc—" is all he can get out before flames consume the spot where he's standing.

[break]

notes

close tab

played by

Aura

Cal
she/her
June 6th
???
Lesbian
Model
Grunt
awards
30 posts
part of
TAG WITH @calli
Calliope Alvara
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 15:32:01 GMT
Calliope Alvara Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxfl"]
It's funny how the fires of hatred burned so brightly that one could physically feel it burning into one's skin— less funny, she realised, when she turned around and faced the sizzling heat of a Moltres barreling their way. 

[break][break]

Her instincts fight a battle with her raging mind as she sees doing the exact same thing as she does; stare at the incoming fire, and curse. Cal bares her teeth at the spectral phoenix, but an invisible hand pushes her forth where she was ready to stand and fight it, with bare fists if needed.

[break][break]

The spirits see things differently. It's enough for Calliope to start moving, tackling out of the fire's way and crashing into the ground with him. There's a glare at the Moltres when she gets back on her feet, her hands tapping one of the pokéballs in her waistband. Alecto, her Mightyena, appears before her, fangs glistening as it sets itself in front of its mistress. 

[break][break]

"Get ready to fight the fiery chicken wing, Marx." she tells her fellow Rocket.

[break][break]

[/div]

close tab

played by

lancelot

Eye of Staraptor
she/her
october 19
camphrier town, kalos
bisexual
pr strategist
ace
unavailable
single
437 height
437 height
awards
1,218 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lancelot
Selena Desmarais
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 17:06:32 GMT
Selena Desmarais Avatar
THEIR MISSION GOES FIRST; and can forgive her later. Seeing the illusory Moltres chasing at her teammates, the Kalosian takes the moment to use her remaining time wisely. Before the mist can even take up the space her Altaria has cleared for her, allowing her to have a clear view of the seal, her Naganadel swoops down into its location.

The alien dragon pounces hard with a BREAKING SWIPE, trying to clear the boulders that has fallen down the ruins. Selena can see a broken seal that has been observed in the previous reports. The grey haired lady can only wonder what mysteries surround it. Something eerie has been unsealed; something scary has been released.

But there is nothing else.

She begins to regret not helping her teammates instead. Gearing her Naganadel and her Altaria to rush back to their aid, she can only hope that she is not too late.

TL;DR

- 🗺️ SELENA DESMARAIS must explore the reasons behind her defection from the league in some way
- 15 become lost in the mist.
- 🗺️ utilize mega evolution in an advantageous way.
- 03 examine the broken seal to the south, found in the middle of a cliffside.
close tab

played by

Greyson

Anything
January 01
Ace
Rocket
Grunt
17 height
17 height
awards
56 posts
River Marx DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @river
River Marx
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 22:39:56 GMT
River Marx Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Admittedly, part of him would've preferred the absolution by fire. Silly, since he enjoyed living so much, but Arceus was that a hassle sometimes.
[break][break]
Sprawled out onto the dirt, River sighs.
[break][break]
He didn't have that outward fight that did; his charisma was a damp rag in comparison. Moltres seemed to latch onto this as it turns its fiery gaze onto Calli and away from River. He smiles warmly up at the legend.
[break][break]
Moments pass and a horse of phantasmal coins drop on the bird. A dragon's hoard wasn't fitting for a phoenix, but that did not stop the grunt from letting loose.
[break][break]
He rolls quickly out of the way, choosing instead to stand and fight... away from others. Let them take the brunt of it. He'd rather sink further, and further, into the shadows.
[break]

notes

[break][break] [break]river's apathy is a positive

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights