Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
Enjoy the Little Things [S/Gracidea]
POSTED ON May 12, 2023 16:36:13 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]REMEMBER ME FOR CENTURIES

[attr="class","setting"]

Since coming to Hoenn he had been interested in the concept of riding Pokémon. However he had until now been too busy. And the only reason he wasn’t to busy now was because he had made time. He had asked his aunt to send out a request in regards to teaching him how to ride a Pokémon.
[break][break]
To his surprise the one who had answered his request was none other than . The current gym leader of Mauville. Aside from knowing he was gym leader and raced Pokémon he didn’t really know anything about the older male. Never having even met him, though he had been considering doing the gym circuit as of late whenever he could dredge up some free time anyway.
[break][break]
After some back and forth courtesy of his aunt they had set up to meet around Route 117. Checking his braille watch as he walked with Venus, his serperior, towards his destination he found that he would probably get there a bit before the scheduled time. But probably only by a few minutes.
[break][break]
His left hand came to rest on Venus once more once he was finished checking the time. In his right hand he had his cane though he worried about what he would do with it once the lesson started. Perhaps he should look into getting a Pokémon that could guide him around. At least when he wasn’t in the restaurant anyway.
[break][break]
Reaching the meeting point he leaned against Venus just taking in the sounds around him. He was also keeping an ear out for Josh, figuring it wouldn’t take him to long to arrive.

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + hope this is okay

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 15, 2023 6:21:54 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The description had given Josh was fairly distinct, making him easy for the Gym Leader to recognize. The sound of a low-pitched, almost alien-like squeal coming from Pinky, his Shiny Sylveon, accompanied by a stampede of paws, were the most apparent signs of the racer's arrival his student would get. While the presence of all eight of the Eeveelutions the size of small horses could have been overwhelming for the teen, none of them meant ill will. Even Inky was in a good enough mood to allow Josh to fully control him, the Glaceon letting out a coo as he slid next to Shinobu with Josh in his saddle.

"Shinobu?" the Glaceon-mounted Gym Leader asked. "Glad to meet you in person. Elite Ranger Devlin or Gym Leader Devlin, but you can call me Josh. These eight are some of my favorite Pokémon." The eight Pokémon, all colors of the Eeveelution rainbow, would greet the young redhead. "They're all beginner-friendly as can be, but some of them, like Blinky," he gestured toward the saddle-wearing Jolteon, "are really fast. You're welcome to learn with any of them!"

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Kairi         Vaporeon       Good
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
Clyde         Flareon        Good
Janus         Espeon         Good
Kamuy         Umbreon        Good
Inky          Glaceon        Good
Basil         Leafeon        Good
Pinky         Sylveon**      Good

{WC: 188}
{PC: 1}
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON May 18, 2023 15:17:30 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

The blind youth was momentarily hit with sensory overload and the sudden influx of sound. Venus brushed against him settling him and he released the vice like grip he had on his cane but still kept ahold of it. ”Yes, sir!” he said confirming that he was the one the gym leader was here for.
[break][break]
”It’s nice to meet you M…Josh,” he was use to being on a last name basis with an adult and calling them mr, ms, or mrs. So not doing so would take some getting use to. Of course he didn’t use such formalities with his cousins but that was different. He felt there was some leeway due to them being family but if he didn’t want formalities then he would endeavor to do as he wanted.
[break][break]
He’d been around enough eeveelutions to know what they sounded like. Even if the sounds were a bit higher due to their size. It was still easy to tell what they were. The older males voice was pulled him out of his thoughts and for a moment he was confused. Being blind he was unsure of which Pokémon he could be referring to. Blinky thought made him thinking of a blinking light, so perhaps he meant the jolteon. He wasn’t sure though.
[breaK][break]
His aunt would forget to tell people he was blind even if he was standing over her shoulder telling her what he wanted her to write. ”I know you brought eeveelutions with you, but I’m blind so I’m not sure how you have them lined up,” he explained.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 21, 2023 5:42:19 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"No need to be so formal with me! Just treat me like you would any other friend."

So Josh's student was blind. This completely changed the dynamic of the teaching process. He would need to be a lot more detailed in the process of mounting and controlling a Pokémon. "Oh, I'm sorry - I had no idea. If you don't mind asking, completely blind or partially blind?" Either way, he would individually introduce his Pokémon, from left to right, by name. Each would bark, squeal, or otherwise indicate their presence to Shin. They were arranged in order of discovery of the species, from Kairi the Vaporeon on one end to Pinky the Sylveon on the other.

"That's all of them. If you want on Inky, my Glaceon, I can get off him and let you get a run on him. Any of them should be fine to learn with." It would turn out that Janus, Basil and Pinky were the most beginner friendly. The Leafeon and Sylveon were so mainly due to their lower top speeds, and the Espeon for the ability to use his mind to effectively strap a rider on.

{WC: 193}
{PC: 2}
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON May 22, 2023 15:21:25 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

He didn’t respond vocally he just nodded. The teen would try and do that. From what he could gather from hearing the gym leader speak he didn’t see that old. Perhaps his early or mid twenties. If that was the case formalities probably made him feel older than he actually was.
[break][break]
He waved off the others apology not bothered by the other male not knowing a bit his lack of vision. ”Completely, guess that’s what happens when you’re hit in the head with a baseball,” he said with a shrug not seeming bothered by his lack of vision. In the three years since being blind he had been able to accept his blindness as part of himself.
[break][break]
Thankfully the eeveelutions cried out one at a time so he was able to pinpoint where each of them was. ”I would like to learn on Pinky,” he told the order male before remembering that Venus was still out. Taking out her pokeball he returned the Serperior feeling better with the idea of having her pokeball near him in case something happened.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 23, 2023 5:04:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
A sports injury? Yeesh. That was one of the worts ways to suffer such a life-altering handicap. Not only could Shin never play baseball again, but he couldn't do a lot of other things he would have otherwise enjoyed. "Arceus, Shinobu... that's what helmets are supposed to be for. Or was it while you were fielding? I've heard horror stories of pitchers getting struck with line drives."

Pinky squealed and stepped forward, gently rubbing her feelers against Shin if he allowed it. "She's an empathetic and easy one to learn with," Josh smiled as the fairy-type stood next to his student. "Now, try to feel where her saddle is and hop on. Once you're on her, hooked at the end are her reins. That's part of how you'll control her. Of course, you're also welcome to control her verbally; she'll listen to either." The crackle of Blinky's paws was indicator the Jolteon was ready to run; it may have been for the best Shin didn't go with the electric-type!

{WC: 169}
{PC: 3}
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 22:21:46 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

He couldn’t help but blush a but in embarrassment. ”To be fair it was only suppose to be a friendly game among friends. I never played on any teams, had the gym circuit in Unova to focus and didn’t want to have to many things on my plate,” he explained, after his embarrassment had died down a bit.
[break][break]
”The last thing I remember of that day was actually agreeing to the game. Doctors said it wasn’t uncommon for head injuries to cause some memory loss though,” the teen told the older male. ”Its not all bad though, if all that hadn’t happened I might not have found my calling.”
[break][break]
When Pinky moved over to him he allowed her to rub her feelers against him. Hearing the gym leaders response he nodded. Meant she was easy to learn with than. He moved to do what was told of him feeling around for the saddle Venus hovering near in case he needed help.
[break][break]
Once he had located he was able to host himself up onto the Sylveon’s back. Now that he was on the saddle finding the reins weren’t that hard. Now that he’s done that he turned his head towards the gym leader to await his next directions.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 6:01:11 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Shin's story was consistent with what Josh knew about concussions and other head injuries. In the field of racing, head injuries were quite rare. Safety had advanced so far that most injuries were of limbs or much more treatable areas. Career-ending injuries such as what Shin described almost never happened, but when it did, it rippled through the entire racing scene. "You look like you're a natural," Josh smiled, reining the excited Glaceon in. He was in an unusually good mood, ready to skate across Hoenn's flats with a little flash-freezing cold from his paws.

"Think of the reins like cords attached to the handlebars of a bicycle," Josh made what he felt was the most relatable analogy. "When you pull on the reins, what you're doing is turning your mount's head. If you pull with your left hand, Pinky will turn left. The harder you pull, the sharper she'll turn. Same with the right. That's how you control direction." He would give Shin a moment to get a feel for turning the Sylveon before continuing his lesson.

"Second, you use your legs to control her speed. If you squeeze her more tightly, she'll speed up. Easing the pressure on her will cause her to slow down. You can also pull back with both your hands to get her to slow down. Lastly, if you're feeling adventurous, you can flick the reins with both your hands, and she'll jump. That's all there is to it!" Pinky let out a low-pitched squeal that may have been unsettling for Shin, though it was not in ill will. "I'll do my best to keep pace with you. Don't be shy - if you want to go fast, she can run a lot faster than you think!"

{WC: 292}
{PC: 4}
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 21:54:37 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

”Thanks,” he said his face only heating up a bit in embarrassment. He’d always been a bit modest so complimenting him embarrassed him. Though he was getting better about not allowing it to really affect him. Or maybe that wasn’t what had had him so flustered the last time. But he wasn’t about to get into all of that.
[break][break]
That was an easy analogy to use even if he hadn’t been on a bike since before he’d lost his vision. But people said you never forgot how to ride a bike. ”Seems simple enough,” he said testing out what he’d said until he had it memorized. He made sure to be careful though.
[break][break]
That wouldn’t be hard to remember either. He didn’t want to have her start so he didn’t test that out but he nodded to show what he said had sunken in. The high pitched squeal wasn’t unsettling to him though it did hurt his ears a bit. He was sure Josh was use to it but he had more sensitive hear do to being blind. Thankfully it didn’t lead to a sensory overload, it would take more than that to accomplish that.
[break][break]
”Okay I’ll do my best,” he agreed when Josh told him they would be starting. While he waited for Josh to be ready he went over what the older male had told him in his head.[break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 29, 2023 6:05:43 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It was that simple... at least with how well-behaved Josh's Pokémon were. An unruly mount could be an annoyance at best and dangerous at work, bucking a rider clean off and leaving them with a painful impact with the ground. There was a reason the Gym Leader's Pokémon were all extremely well-behaved and fiercely loyal. Even Inky the Glaceon had warmed up to Josh and guests, allowing full control over him. "Raising a ride Pokémon of your own wouldn't be a bad idea. Plenty of them are intelligent enough to give you a second set of eyes and not make you fully reliant on your hearing."

"Your best is all you can ask for," Josh reassured. If only he was better at following his own advice; one of his problems from childhood, due to the environment he was raised in, was the idea of self-improvement meant that his beat was never good enough to satisfy his perception of what his peers thought of him. "Inky and I are ready to go. Remember what you've been taught, and go at your own pace. We'll follow your lead. Pinky can put on quite a lot of speed, far more than most Sylveon, but it shouldn't be overwhelming." Not unless he commanded QUICK ATTACK. It was a common move for racing Pokémon to have, so it would not be unreasonable for him to know she probably could use the move.

{WC: 241}
{PC: 5}
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON May 31, 2023 17:28:29 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

There was one Pokémon he really wanted. He wanted a Manectric. Back in Unova one couldn’t just catch an electrike and evolve it. One had to have it traded to them from someone who had caught one in another region. He had never run into anyone willing to trade either to him. Though he hadn’t really had anything to trade back then, but he would’ve been willing to catch any Pokémon if it meant acquiring one for his team.
[break][break]
”I’ve considered getting a guide pokemon. Relying on a cane isn’t bad but it is something you need to keep up with if you go out with. I’ve always wanted a Manectric though, they’re hard to come by in Unova unless they’re traded and I was never able to find anyone willing to trade for one,” he explained seeming a bit putout by the whole ordeal.
[break][break]
He supposed it was a given he would try his best. It wasn’t like him to back down from something. Soon he got confirmation that the gym leader was ready to get started. He nodded to show he had heard before lightly pressing his legs into Pinky’s sides to get her moving.
[break][break]
He didn’t want to go too fast. Wanting to get use to the motion of the Sylveon moving under him before he urged her to go faster. [break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2023 5:58:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's eyes lit up when he mentioned Shin wanted a Manectric. Saber was a very special Pokémon to Josh. He wouldn't give up that electric wolf for anything - not even for Raikou, even at the height of his unhealthy obsession with the Beast. His misadventures in the Cloud had taught him a cruel lesson: to pursue another Pokémon is folly if it involves casting aside the Pokémon one is already raising. "It's funny you speak of that. Manectric is the Pokémon my Gym is most well known for, and out of all my Pokémon, the one I treasure most. My mom got me an Electrike when I was ten years old, and we've been inseparable since."

None of Josh's Eeveelutions were upset; they understood that though the Gym Leader loved all of his Pokémon dearly, Saber was special. "I was the one who pioneered how to use Infinity Energy to get an electric Pokémon to run faster than the speed of sound. And my Manectric was the first to do it. I have two Manectric at my Gym. If you want, I can give you a good deal on the first pick from their next litter."

Regardless, it seemed Shin was ready to go. Shin's modest leg pressure guided the Sylveon into a trot, then a canter as Inky kept pace with his cousin. A low-pitched squeal of approval left the fairy-type's mouth, attempting to comfort Shin while he got used to her running stroke. It was a little more pronounced than that of an equine, her back flexing a little more than a typical mount, but it wasn't overwhelming like sitting on a big cat would be.

{WC: 285}
{PC: 6}
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 1:20:56 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

As the gym leader mentioned his gym being known for Manectric he perked up himself. ”Really, I know the gym is known for racing but I wasn’t sure what kinds you had. I could only do so much research since I own my own restaurant. As for my own first Pokémon I was given a Snivy. She’s been with me since I was ten as well and I started my journey back in Unova with her. I’ve had Hades almost as long as Venus though. Hades, is my Zweilous, he’s pretty docile for his breed.”
[break][break]
The idea of a Pokémon running at the speed of sound was intriguing. Probably wouldn’t do well with someone who had a weak stomach though. Though he was intrigued he wasn’t sure if there would be much point in his checking into something like that though. Going at that speed seemed like it would blow an eardrum out though so he assumed one would have to wear something to protect your ears.
[break][break]
”Going that fast wouldn’t you have to wear ear protection?” he asked curiously before speaking once more. ”Its cool you created something like that though. I think my aunts been looking into seeing if she can find me an Electrike or a Manectric. I’ll have to find out what she has first,” he explained, though it was clear he was thankful for the offer.
[break][break]
He kept the Sylveon at a canter until he got use to the movements of the Pokémon. ”Do you often give riding lessons?” he asked curiously as he urged Pinky to go a bit faster.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg3 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 5:16:57 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Shin had a fair point. "As a fellow business owner, that's understandable," Josh answered as the two rode through the field at a swift but comfortable speed by civilian standards. By Josh's standards, it was quite slow, but that was just him being jaded by his career. "Serperior are a bit more advanced to control, but they can grow large enough to be mounts," he remarked as his partner introduced his squad of Pokémon. "I've had a challenger use one once. You'd be surprised the kind of speed they can put on." The mention of a Zweilous grabbed Josh's attention. "Kokusho, my own Hydreigon, is at my Gym still. They can be a handful to control, but they're worth it. You'd be hard-pressed to find a dragon with the raw power a Hydreigon wields while still being fast enough to be worth riding on."

Josh laughed at how matter-of-fact Shin came off as. It wasn't his fault or Josh's fault; it was just amusing to him. "Yep! Wearing a noise-cancelling helmet is really important when riding a Pokémon at racing speeds, let alone that fast." It seemed like Shin already had made arrangements to get a Manectric. The offer would remain on the table if plans with his aunt fell through, though.

"We do offer them at my Gym," the Mauville Leader confirmed. Basic lessons were given as part of a complimentary package to new hires, and the rates weren't exorbitant, either. The classes were the secondary source of income for the Gym, League funding being number one, and allowed him to retain Mauville Racing Grounds as an independent business in the event he needed to step down as Gym Leader. "No matter your skill level, you can learn from us. Give us a call, and we can work you into an upcoming class."

At Shin's command, Pinky picked up the pace into a swift gallop, though not quite full. The bouncing sensation picked up in intensity as the Sylveon's strides became longer, every turn she made feeling stronger. "Whoo!" Josh cried as Inky kept pace with the fairy-type. While it wasn't exactly racing speed, it was fast enough to feel liberating.

{WC: 364}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

shin
he/him/his
December 19th
Castelia City
homosexual
chef
civilian
Keenan Toral
Boyfriend
5’9” height
5’9” height
awards
147 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shinobu
shinobu fujimori
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 5:41:34 GMT
shinobu fujimori Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg3"]

[attr="class","setting"]

It made sense that the gym leader would understand what he was talking about considering he ran the Mauville gym. The discussion then moved to their starter Pokémon and he listened to what he had to say about Serperior. ”I never really thought of riding Venus before. I’m unsure how one would go about riding a Serperior,” he admitted his expression pensive.
[break][break]
Perhaps when he had more practice riding he would consider turning Venus into a ride Pokémon. But he was unsure if she would allow for it causing how protective Venus could be of him at times. ”That must have been a fun match. I never really heard about riding Pokémon back in Unova much less racing them,” he told the older male.
[break][break]
Listening to what he had to say about Hydreigon he nodded. ”I think Hydreigon would be an interesting mount. I think Hades wouldn’t be to hard to train. As I said he’s fairly docile. Though he’s only a Zweilous right now, I’m content with him evolving whenever he’s ready,” he said thinking about what the dragon Pokémon who was usually pretty docile unless he felt Shin was in some kind of danger.
[break][break]
He wasn’t surprised when the gym leader confirmed that ear protection was necessary. Apparently there were helmets that could cancel out the noise. And apparently it was necessary just for the sport itself. Maybe because Pokémon running at full speed under normal circumstances could be harmful to someone’s ears.
[break][break]
The fact lessons were provided at the gym was definitely a surprise. ”I may look into that for more lessons. It would have to be on a day I have off. I usually try to take at least one day a week off,” he explained knowing his aunt still thought he worked to much even though he tried to take a day off each week.
[break][break]
As he urged Pinky into a swift gallop he could hear the gym leader’s excitement. He supposed this kind of speed was what the gym leader could enjoy. Though he figured he preferred things even faster but for now he was okay with this speed.[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative; --accent:#A81717; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/C1qczWmH/IMG-1611.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg3 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg3 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]