Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,430 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
ILL-MET BY MOONLIGHT [M]
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 1:44:08 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal elisa"]
[attr="class","top"]

Did they share the same goal? Doubt prickled at the back of her mind, whispering that this man had almost killed her once and surely would try again.[break][break]

"What are you proposing?" she ventured carefully, stepping forward. Tendrils of vines curled tentatively above the still earth, like a trap awaiting the moment to be sprung, should any offensive action be taken. "You wouldn't be so stupid as to assume I'd be welcomed with open arms into the League."[break][break]

Her eyes searched him for any trace of deceit, unrelenting in their scrutiny. It frustrated her, that he was not so simple to read or understand.[break][break]

"Or... no. You surely are not insane enough to want to join Rocket, despite all the power you hold?"

[attr="class","ooc"] [break][break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".elisa"] --accent:#D14C4C!important; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn"] text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ILL-MET BY MOONLIGHT [M]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 10:24:51 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matiasbase"]
[attr="class","matias1"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1"]

[attr="class","matiasimg"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"think bigger."[break][break]

in the muted privacy the woods gives them, he continues sharing secrets that are meant for no one else but them.[break][break]

"league, rocket, we both know we're only using them as stepping stones. our allegiances are more for safety and convenience. but a day will come when we'll either have no need for them anymore, or they will have no need for us. i'd much rather it be the former."[break][break]

his gaze travels around them for moments.[break][break]

"but now that you've brought it up..."[break][break]

he pauses as he looks back at her.[break][break]

"should i join rocket?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]
[attr="class","matiaspoke"]
[attr="class","rouxcredit"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]font:11px roboto;--accent:#5d464e;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matiaspoke img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,430 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
ILL-MET BY MOONLIGHT [M]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2023 21:28:52 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

Elisabeth couldn't refute 's view of her. She held no zealous devotion to Rocket, no sense of pride outside of her own power.[break][break]

They were both Sevipers in the grass, awaiting the potential moment they'd have to bite their respective organizations in the heel.[break][break]

"Think bigger," he said, and the illusionary glass ceiling she'd bowed her head beneath glittered, tauntingly, in her mind.[break][break]

Had she become this comfortable limiting herself? Some part of her wondered if she had simply forgotten what it was like to navigate life without constantly being aware of the power that surrounded her. A life without such a hierarchy seemed unreal and foreign to her.[break][break]

"Did you simply swap one cage for another one?" a voice sneered in her mind, uncomfortable and all-knowing. "Did you replace the man you buried with ? Perhaps you merely found comfort in consistency."[break][break]

Her face flushed with an anger he wouldn't understand, and she turned away, her hand curling into a fist. At his question, however, she snorted. Matias in Rocket indeed.[break][break]

It was difficult to picture, not for the man's temperament, but because of the shambles of his reputation.[break][break]

"Frankly? You'd have more enemies than friends. In Rocket, we are not so... tolerant, so to speak, towards those we disdain." The look she gave him marked him as presumably unwanted company. "People turn more of a blind eye to infighting. Easier to justify sudden disappearances in our line of work. We don't value idealism."[break][break]

Her fist uncurled, and she laughed again, but it was a lighter sound this time.[break][break]

"Though who knows? Maybe that would play in your favor, and you'd simply kill your way into earning people's respect. Though betray the right person in the League, and you'll win the right attention from Rocket right off the bat."[break][break]

She could provide a list of names, but surely he knew of them well enough.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D14C4C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"]margin:1px 15px 12px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .pkmn img"] background:none; border-radius: 0px; box-shadow:none; border:0px; float:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ILL-MET BY MOONLIGHT [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 11:41:21 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"the league are no better. they turn a blind eye until it proves too inconvenient to."[break][break]

who would know better than matias silph? the man constantly surrounded by controversy both professionally and personally.[break][break]

his eyebrow raises at the suggestion of a betrayal; though he knows it will not just be one.[break][break]

"name them."[break][break]

her anger is ignored.[break][break]

"who should i betray to curry favor with rocket?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[newclass=.matiasbase]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias1]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matiasimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.matias2]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.matias3] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/zsBjQYG.png), #000; background-blend-mode: screen; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: cover; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredit]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,430 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
ILL-MET BY MOONLIGHT [M]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2023 23:09:16 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"Oh?" She exhaled a brief staccato of a laugh. "You are used to being the strongest person in the room, Matias. In will, in firepower. But does not suffer fools the way that does."[break][break]

Unseen, somewhere, the Tablets of Ruin that Wo-chien bore across its back flared in response to several of the names that ran through her mind, scrolling through them in an unending procession of resentment.[break][break]

"If you want me to name the obvious, fine."[break][break]

She clicked her tongue. Traitors and active threats came to mind first.[break][break]

". . . Any of them would fetch a fine price if you brought their head to Rocket. Though I'd argue the better prize would be your brother, , or the Commissioner."[break][break]

A mocking smile preceded her next addition.[break][break]

"We'd find more useful alive than dead, I think, were it not for Rayquaza. And rumor has it Councilwoman has become a bit more vicious lately, hm?"[break][break]

She looked to see if either suggestion might spark a reaction in him, before continuing.[break][break]

"But any Avatar of the League's you could subdue would be welcome. Or any other rats."[break][break]

Such as , , and .

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ILL-MET BY MOONLIGHT [M]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2023 8:25:13 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

she names the obvious, none of which surprises him, so his reaction varies little if at all, not even at the mention of and . for the sake of the discussion and the threat of a possible future, it's easier to think of them as pieces and nothing more.[break][break]

"and what of your boss?"[break][break]

he looks back at her, gauging her reaction.[break][break]

"what if i took his head and his throne?"[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,430 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
ILL-MET BY MOONLIGHT [M]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 4:42:48 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"What about him?"[break][break]

She smirked at him, visibly entertained by the notion. With the slow leisure of someone turning a thought over in her mind, she sauntered over to his side before glancing up at him.[break][break]

"You cut off the head of the Hydreigon, and another just grows back. You think you'd usurp the void of power uncontested?"[break][break]

What a laughable scenario. Who would bend their knee to a sole conquering vigilante, when they commanded armies of their own?[break][break]

"You'd need support within Rocket to accomplish such a thing. Support you lack. Competition you'd find in spades, though. With . With ." Her smile shifted to something conspiratorial. "And with me."[break][break]

For all that she'd dealt in shadows, she hungered for power as much as any of the others did.[break][break]

"When died, did we simply crown his murderer as his heir? You, of all people, surely know the answer to that question."[break][break]

Though as the wind whispered through the blackened leaves overhead, she wondered how much he knew. She wondered how accurately she could rely on what she thought she knew, when it came to that man.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ILL-MET BY MOONLIGHT [M]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 4:53:12 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the scoff comes naturally.[break][break]

"tch, let them try. i'll take their heads all the same."[break][break]

he does know the answer to her question but what she forgets is that had no intentions of defecting. the champion does not seek power the same way he does; the same way they do.[break][break]

they. them.[break][break]

his suggestion is accompanied by a chuckle that does little to lessen the severity of his words.[break][break]

"we could take his throne together."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,430 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
ILL-MET BY MOONLIGHT [M]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2023 5:05:42 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"So arrogant. You Silphs all think you possess the Divine right of kings."[break][break]

An absent note of condescending fondness echoed in her observation. It amused her, how certain he was over things that felt so absurd.[break][break]

At her feet, a thorny vine curled in on itself in answer to her rippling laughter, blooming with the bruised petals of venomous flowers. She knelt down, plucking it and winding it between her fingers, as a child might make a daisy crown.[break][break]

"What would the benefit be of yoking myself to you, I wonder?"[break][break]

Stepping closer than her common sense would normally allow, she tauntingly placed the makeshift crown on his head, her hand drawing through his red hair before pulling away.[break][break]

"Crowns aren't meant to be split in half, Matias. Our mutual alliance would last until it didn't."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ILL-MET BY MOONLIGHT [M]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 11:02:12 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

the benefits are as plentiful as the detriments but as he has always said time and time again, no victory comes without sacrifice. the risk of putting their faith in each other is one they will both have to take.[break][break]

"it will last. i'll make sure of it."[break][break]

he speaks with conviction as though he genuinely believes what he says. in many ways, he does.[break][break]

"think of what we could do, elisabeth. no longer would we have to serve. no longer would we have to follow like sheep. we could rule together."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,430 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
ILL-MET BY MOONLIGHT [M]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2023 16:48:26 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"What a tempting proposition."[break][break]

Though her mockery held a whisper of truth as she let a finger rest on her lips, allowing herself to imagine the possibilities he'd drawn in front of her.[break][break]

What she wanted, and what he wanted, didn't necessarily align in every respect -- though perhaps they didn't have to, in order to achieve a worthwhile result.[break][break]

You could trust a selfish man to be selfish. There was a security in that knowledge.[break][break]

"Cut off the head of your own snake, Silph," she said at last, "and I'll cut off the head of mine."[break][break]

Both of them were better suited where they stood, rooted in the heart of their respective organizations. The closer they lived near its pulse, the better they knew its every vulnerability.[break][break]

"We seize power in our own respective corners of Hoenn. Should we see value in sharing information that helps the other ascend, we do so. Should we see reason to attack one another on the battlefield, we do so. All is in the pursuit of our own goals."[break][break]

One foot cautiously crossed the threshold into treason, while the other remained firmly back in the shadow of loyalty.[break][break]

"And when you stand at the top of the League and I stand at the top of Rocket, then we'll see if all these grand promises still hold."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ILL-MET BY MOONLIGHT [M]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2023 6:46:03 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

"i have no reason to cut off mine yet."[break][break]

not when has been vocal about her support and how much the league values him. making a move against her now would be a mistake, that much he knows, and so, he remains under the shadow of loyalty and whatever protection it might provide, false or otherwise.[break][break]

"i'll help cut off yours."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,430 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
ILL-MET BY MOONLIGHT [M]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 5:34:43 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

How unwanted the specter of doubt was, slinking back into her shadow as she considered her relationship to . He'd awarded her the position of underboss, true, but that had been in a different time.[break][break]

He'd given that power to a woman who had proven she would obey without complaint when he asked her to risk the destruction of their world. Would she be so obedient now? Would she remain the patient Ekans biding its time beneath the boot of the man who owned her life?[break][break]

"I have no present reason to see him dead," she began slowly, the 'yet' implied if left unspoken. "Rocket is reeling still from the aftereffects of all that has transpired. We have much to distract us, beyond petty usurpings of power."[break][break]

Did they, though? Did anyone, truly, have more to occupy themselves than the constant ladder of ambition?[break][break]

A vague recollection of a conversation with came to mind, insisting there was more, before she callously brushed it aside.[break][break]

"But seasons change," she said, looking up at him meaningfully. "And with them, any leaf might see reason to change its color."

[attr="class","pkmn"]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,129 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
ILL-MET BY MOONLIGHT [M]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 9:41:26 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","matias1"]

[attr="class","matias2"]

impatience rises as quickly as it falls, and the realization that they might not get what they want until far, far later is what sparks it.[break][break]

"tch."[break][break]

he looks down at her purposefully.[break][break]

"so there is no confusion between us, what we're talking about is treason, correct? well, at least it is for me. i'm not sure what rules your organization governs."[break][break]

[attr="class","matias3"]

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
awards
4,430 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
ILL-MET BY MOONLIGHT [M]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2023 22:09:20 GMT
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

"It's only treason if you're caught."[break][break]

She shrugged, then frowned, wondering if she'd seen a glimpse of Virizion in the distance. Clouds had blotted out the moonlight, leaving everything shrouded in darkness.[break][break]

"You'd be arrested if you were, I imagine. Me?" Elisabeth glanced over her shoulder at him. "I'd be killed."[break][break]

She said it as if she was describing a slight shift in the weather's forecast: something mildly of interest, but otherwise a rather predictable thing.[break][break]

Her life had always dangled in the balance between the designs of powerful men and her own interests. She'd gotten numb to that reality, a long time ago.[break][break]

Carmine eyes slid back to the figure she'd thought she'd seen, only for it to vanish once more in the undergrowth.[break][break]

"It's fortunate, really. That you and I have already tried to kill each other enough that any presumptions of collusion would be far-fetched at best."

[attr="class","pkmn"]