Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
RKS: BARNABY & ZEV #2
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 3:30:23 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700]
[attr="class","itemcolbkg"]

[attr="class","itemcolstr"]

[attr="class","itemcolitems"]

[attr="class","itemcolicon"]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]unown event
[attr="class","itemcolname2"]RKS SIMULATION

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltextbox"]
[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]UNOWN 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourself inside The Ruins of Alph. Any speakers in your possession begin to transmit mysterious noises: distorted cries, disjointed melodies, voices not quite human.[break][break]

The sound is simultaneously terrifying and alluring. Ahead, a tunnel that reaches deeper inside the ruin structure you're all in is clothed in darkness. All of you feel drawn to it.[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoice"]
[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Advance into the dark.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Fight the pull.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolname2"]color:#81bdd5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 3:36:16 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","barnaby-wrap"]
[attr="class","barnaby-main"]
[attr="class","barnaby-words"]

FIGHT THE PULL
[break]

As materialized into the simulation once again, he felt a distinct pride in the amount of progress he'd made within this digital realm.[break][break]

Already this was his third time here, in the Ruins of Alph. He knew what to expect in this situation, so the buzzing thoughts projected by the UNOWN were more bearable this time around.[break][break]

"Resist it." Though he was sure would have no problem. He was one of the most iron-willed men Barnaby knew.

[attr="class","barnaby-notes"]
[break]
TOTAL RKS POINTS: 0 pts[break]
TOTAL CURIOS: 1

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap b] color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 18:22:48 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

As soon as Zev registered his and Bee's surroundings, he knew what to expect from the choices presented to them. He nodded at the admin and turned his back on the tunnel leading into the ruins.[break][break]

"Easy enough."[break][break]

Still, the darkness closed around them, ominous tendrils reaching for them.[break][break]

CHOICE: Fight the pull.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

The RKS Simulation

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]--accent:#975fb2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
Murderers are not monsters, they're men. And that's the most frightening thing about them.
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 18:23:04 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]unown event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]UNOWN 1-B

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You attempt to pull away from the endless pool of darkness. The absolute dark is exceptionally horrifying and as you scramble to escape, the floor crumbles beneath you.[break][break]

Everyone falls through and lands in a decrepit underground hall. The walls feature engravings of what appear to be Unown. One wall spells out a message through the Symbol Pokemon's depicted bodies: the more there is, the less you see.[break][break]

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Leave the ruins.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Two.

[newclass=".itemcolbkg"]color:#EEEEEE;background: linear-gradient(to bottom left, #2c343b, #282828);[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolstr"]background: url("https://i.imgur.com/PFz8OLS.png");[/newclass]
[newclass=".itemcolicon"]background:url("https://i.imgur.com/W0RGG1N.png");[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 19:32:42 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

LEAVE THE RUINS
[break]

"Careful, the floor usually caves in right around—"[break][break]

It was a tough thing to avoid, the semi-unexpected crumbling of the ruined tiles beneath their feet. By the time you heard the telltale signs of the weakening infrastructure it was too late.[break][break]

tumbled down to the floor below.[break][break]

"I don't think I'll ever get used to that part..." The admin groaned as he picked himself up from the rubble. Brushing digital dust and debris from his clothes, he'd then offer a hand to if the other needed it.

[break]
TOTAL CURIOS: 1

[newclass=.barnaby-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #808080; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-main] padding: 25px; font: 13px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.barnaby-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 15px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #796477; [/newclass]
[newclass=.barnaby-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #796477; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 20:42:53 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Bee's warning came late, but Zev had already braced himself for the fall. That didn't stop him from landing hard on his back. He groaned as he sat up.[break][break]

"For a simulation, it sure feels real," he muttered as he grasped the admin's hand and stood. Zev had not had the misfortune of encountering death in these scenarios yet; inwardly, he hoped he wouldn't have to.[break][break]

Around them, the walls bore the familiar engravings of the Unown. Zev ran his hand over the carvings. Though he knew them by sight, he still did not grasp their meaning.[break][break]

And then they crumbled away as the scenario changed again.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

The RKS Simulation

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.zev2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".zev2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 20:43:18 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]significant figure event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WALSH 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]Fuschia City is under siege. You find yourself face to face with a then Admin Walsh within Fuschia Gym. Beneath you, the tatami flooring is scuffed and gouged from the battle that has been waged here. The simulation sets the Rocket Boss as a hostile figure.[break][break]

He says to you: "fuschia has already fallen. nothing you accomplish here will be of any worth."[break][break]

Should you attempt to step toward him, you'll knock into an invisible wall: an intriguing puzzle for gym challengers, but a frustrating conundrum for those attempting to engage with him.[break][break]

"i'll strike you down before you can even perceive the real me."[break][break]

Suddenly, Walsh disappears. Throughout the gym, multiple "Walshes" appear behind invisible walls. Periodically, he will lunge from a secret space with his GLISCOR, NIDOKING, &/OR HYPNO to attempt to slay you and your Pokemon.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Defeat him or chase him away.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Lose to him or retreat.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 50 RKS POINTS.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 6, 2023 20:52:35 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

DEFEAT HIM OR CHASE HIM AWAY
[break]

Another familiar scene materialized around them. Fuschia City, sometime in the past during ROCKET's takeover of Kanto. Barnaby recognized the younger from when he happened upon this scenario with .[break][break]

"What do you suppose he means by the real him?" Barnaby posed the question to , realizing how odd the phrasing sounded this time around. Was it simply just in reference to the mirrored copies surrounding them?[break][break]

The ROCKET Admin/Boss gave them no choice but to go on the offensive. He was immediately aggressive, striking out from the mirrors with his Pokémon, which begged a second question...[break][break]

Who did this Walsh perceive them to be?

[break]
TOTAL CURIOS: 2

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 19:30:56 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Though Zev had never set foot in the Fuschia City gym in the real world, he'd visited this scene once before with .[break][break]

"Maybe Walsh was already an Avatar of Darkrai back then," Zev mused as the copies manifested around him and Bee. "And these are mimicries made by the Pokémon's powers."[break][break]

Though, frankly, Zev had no idea what sort of powers the Rocket Admin/Boss had as an Avatar of that Legendary. But he wasn't about to admit that.[break][break]

"Last time, Underboss Beckett and I lost to Walsh, just to see what would happen." As Zev dodged an attack from the simulated Declan's Gliscor, he opened two Pokéballs, releasing his Blacephalon and Type: Null. "Let's try something different this time."[break][break]

CHOICE: Defeat him or chase him away.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

The RKS Simulation

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 7, 2023 19:31:18 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]significant figure event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]WALSH 1-A

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]After a harrowing battle, you defeat Declan Walsh within the confines of Fuschia Gym. Whether he is chased away, or his corpse is left behind on the equally cold tatami, you are able to pilfer through his belongings: a makeup/disguise kit, his pokeballs, an old Celadon University student ID. He's an ordinary man, it seems...[break][break]

The simulation spares you time to explore outside of the gym in order for you to witness the destruction Fuschia City has received.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Explore Fuschia City or rest.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Proceed to Stage Three.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 13, 2023 21:49:58 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

EXPLORE FUSCHIA CITY OR REST
[break]

, already an Avatar?[break][break]

That didn't sit quite right with Barnaby. As far as he knew, Avatars were a Hoenn phenomena. Perhaps something else was at play here... well, he'd muse on it later.[break][break]

For now, Barnaby released his own Pokémon alongside Zev's, joining the Beast in a battle against their younger superior. After a heated exchange, eventually the simulated Walsh fell to his knees, mortally wounded.[break][break]

Picking through his belongings, Barnaby held up the student ID.[break][break]

"Cute kid. He's changed a lot since then."

[break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 0:13:16 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

Of course, neither Zev nor Bee knew anything about 's history or how he gained Avatarship. And the likelihood of them gaining answers from the simulation was next to none.[break][break]

The Pokémon battle was, perhaps, the most harrowing one Zev had ever experienced. Still, when he and Bee finally achieved victory, he only felt a sense of rightness. Walsh might be the current Rocket Boss in Hoenn, but he still wasn't Zev.[break][break]

No one was.[break][break]

Zev took the student ID from Bee and studied the face on it. "He was really young," the Beast said aloud when the revelation struck. "Weird. I expected him to be older."[break][break]

Around them, the scenario changed one last time.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

The RKS Simulation

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 14, 2023 0:13:26 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Open+Sans]
[googlefont=Lora]
[googlefont=Roboto]

[attr="class","itemcolname"]tao event

[attr="class","lgdcol"]

[attr="class","itemcoltexttit"]TAO DRAGONS 1

[attr="class","itemcoltext"]You find yourselves atop a tall stone tower. There, you encounter a two robed men with a RESHIRAM and ZEKROM. The older one stands beside the RESHIRAM, while the younger stands across from him with a ZEKROM. The two resemble each other. The older shouts, "we must live in pursuit of the truth!"[break][break]

The younger retorts, "what does the truth matter should one's ideals be compromised?"[break][break]

The RESHIRAM and ZEKROM rush toward each other to clash in lightning and flame.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Side with Truth.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO or 100 RKS POINTS.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetit"]• Side with Ideals.

[attr="class","lgdcolchoicetxt"]Receive 1 CURIO or 100 RKS POINTS.

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 0:26:30 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
[nospaces]

SIDE WITH TRUTH
[break]

They materialized in a familiar tower high above the heavens, where leviathans dwelled.[break][break]

RESHIRAM and ZEKROM appeared at odds on separate ends of the palatial chamber, an obvious air of opposition between the two Legendary Pokémon and their patrons. Barnaby looked from one to the other before his eyes eventually settled on the alabaster dragon.[break][break]

"I've seen this once before. In that iteration, I sided with Ideals." Barnaby wasn't much for telling the truth, after all. But perhaps just this once...[break][break]

"I'd like to see what happens if we choose Reshiram."

[break]
TOTAL RKS POINTS: 100 pts[break]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

The Devourer
he / him
January 8
Lavender Town, Kanto
heterosexual
hitman
rocket beast
nenet nzingha
starstruck ✨
6'3" / 190 cm height
6'3" / 190 cm height
awards
2,672 posts
Zev Harcourt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zev
Zev Harcourt
POSTED ON Aug 18, 2023 13:48:54 GMT
Zev Harcourt Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","zev2"]
[attr="class","text"]

"I did the same, so that's fine with me," Zev replied after he realized the scenario that had manifested around them.[break][break]

He was a man of ideals more than truth—far more, considering how often he lied to others. But the purpose of running the simulations so many times was to uncover all possible results. Choosing "Truth" was just another lie on top of the rest.[break][break]

Above, the dragons surged toward each other, clashing in endless battle.[break][break]

CHOICE: Side with Truth.

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]
[break]

NOTES

The RKS Simulation

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]