part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 18:03:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4

EVENT

STRIKE WHILE THE IRON IS HOT and another has latched onto his implication—now is the time to maneuver. to accuse alone is to induce ire and suspicion. not unlike how others have rebuked , it is uncommon to attribute malice or political trickery to such audacious claims. but now that , knowingly or not, has gotten caught up in his notion, he take his own slice of the pie.

well,” he says with a roll of his shoulders. “matias and livy bring up dangerous claims.

his own nose wrinkles in annoyance. even the most informed of the league feels blind among all these revelations.

if you are speaking of WO-CHEIN’s avatar, she too has made a move on me in the past,” adding credibility to his brother’s claims. “undoubtedly, a part of her role as intelligence admin. but should your investigation show otherwise, livy, i look forward to what else you uncover.

which leaves the other.

in that same faith, surely morningstar of all people, is not involved with an active rocket members, much less romantically. not when our own are still kept in captivity, their fates unknown."

not all had been as lucky as . a fact he intends to keep up his sleeve as he expects an outright dismissal.

freya morningstar? a woman who had lost her city, drummed the call for war, to have dulled her the fangs of her principle, for another?

impossible.

but an impossibility worth exploring nonetheless.

[attr="class","spiralpee"]

• reinforced earlier accusations
  • reveals elisabeth tried to steal his seed
  • which adds plausibility to matias' claim
  • and redoubles the accusations at freya

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,935 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 18:17:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4

The latest installment in the franchise.

And just like that, he was checked back in against his will.

"Tch." He clicked his tongue as Matias completed his drive by, breaking his staring contest with Tapu Lele. "You broke my focus."

Tapu Lele spoke in weird riddles— rather, she sent weird riddle vibes as a form of communication.

He had no idea what the quake-like reverbs she was sending through his brain were supposed to mean— and she seemed rather amused about it.

"The heck are you tryin' to say?" He mumbled, scratching at the side of his head as he squinted at her, to which she simply eye-smiled.

close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,906 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2023 18:47:15 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar

she has not, for a moment, let her guard down. watching fernando this entire time would give her nothing. she has had to wait, nerves skittering, to see his method of attack. and so he deems to rip away her credibility, shape her a traitor, and a callous, bitter part of her yearns to embrace the monster he's making her out to be. 

“but having your mobility, your autonomy, stripped from you, changes a person.”

words that have been at the forefront of her mind for days now, pink and hazy around the edges. fernando's calculating gaze, looking indifferently on a creation he thought his. memories of a shell she lived in, robbed of her own skin.

her gaze flickers over to him, finally, when he mentions wo-chien's avatar. tell them. tell them everything. your hurt. his betrayal.

but it will not make a difference.

the region still needs him. 

"i am not involved with an active rocket member, much less romantically," she says. "though i will shed some light on two discussions i've had with rocket underboss . he made himself known to me in january, following the aftermath of littleroot." her gaze slides to matias. 

"groudon's wrath lay waste to both rockets and civilians that day; he made a point to use this as an argument that i should ally myself with rocket's cause." she stands, palms on the table, looking around the room. "he offered me my home returned. he offered me the chance to hurt someone who has hurt the people of hoenn." a nod, again, at the elite four member.

"and yet i stand here before you, the offer declined with a vehemence seems to think me incapable. make no mistake my loyalties. there are many within rocket's ranks that are beyond saving, of that i've no doubt, and in any other circumstance, i would see them burned before extending an olive branch."
AQUA
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
613 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 6:49:29 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

AQUA INTIATIVE

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1137904132229976094/area_zero_remix_zame.mp3[/player]
[break]
AREA ZERO: Remix ► Pokémon Scarlet & Violet

THE MEETING CONTINUES

THE COMMISSIONER TYPES QUICKLY. This time, she takes the notes. Her fingers cascade across the keys as they catalogue the myriad of issues drawn forth by her peers.

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Team Rocket
  • Resource management
  • Megalopolan allegiances
  • The DRK Triad & the Origin Point
  • An incoming calamity - the Ruination?
  • Canon events
  • Kyurem & Hoopa
  • Sea Hoenn
  • Dimensional rifts, boundaries and their sealing

"the fact that we have all gathered here to discuss hoenn's future is testament enough to our loyalty to the right cause."[break][break]

Dahlia's fingers still. Their conversation reveals their continual predicament: the impossibility of effective operativity when stretched so thin.[break][break]

"we are fighting an ideological war. inevitably, we will know people who are rocket sympathizers, whether we are aware or not. however, do not believe for one moment that treason will be dealt with lightly."[break][break]

There is more to add. Far too much and yet it would be a folly to dismiss them.[break][break]

"there are other matters to be aware of." The Commissioner states. "the disappearance of regidrago, the rumored 'ruination', and most recently, the sudden appearance of terastal caverns beneath hoenn. these cave systems did not exist before and yet here they are beneath our very feet."[break][break]

And from these caverns, abominations emerge. Paradoxical beings. Species that should not exist and yet, here they are, walking among us. and carrying the perfume of INTERDREAM MIST.[break][break]

"what we may need to do is find methods to handle more than one threat simultaneously."[break][break]

The Commissioner taps on her laptop to reveal an image of a GALARIAN POWER SPOT. Other images of DYNITE ORE and the work exercised in ULTRA DEEP SEA flank this central diagram.[break][break]

"that being said, we do have more tools at our disposal. thanks to the efforts of our work in ultra deep sea, we can possess the ability to create artificial power spots across hoenn. dynamaxing in our home region can now be a possibility... if we are warm to the idea."

RULES & GUIDELINES

PRELIMINARY RULES

CURRENTLY, this event will have the following rules:[break][break]
[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • there is no posting order; however, be conscientious to some degree of other players' response time. however, preserving momentum should take priority.
  • remember, in-character actions (or lack of actions) will have natural narrative consequences.
  • you can only bring 3 POKEMON.
  • 1 pokemon out at a time.
  • 1 move per pokemon.
  • too long; don't read (tl;dr) notes are required.
  • bold/highlight Pokémon moves/abilities in posts.
  • until stated otherwise, you may post multiple times within a single "round".
[break][break]

Please remember, these rules are tentative and subject to change.
[break][break]

DEADLINE

There will be no specified deadline before the next "moderator post". However, try to post within three or so days.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,935 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 14:05:21 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4

The latest installment in the franchise.

The commissioner was almost hilariously cool about the childishness going on at the table.

He supposed it might go away if they ignored it enough...

As before, he took the chance to speak first and get it out of the way, leaning his head onto his fist as Lele glared down at him.

"J-just give me a sec..." He huffed, glaring back at her before turning his gaze over to .

"What counterintelligence measures will we be taking this time?" He asked. "I don't mean to be a downer, but it seems like every single advancement we make gets leaked, makes it to the public, and inevitably ends in rockets' hands as well."

He paused to looked over the map of hoenn, lips curling.

"Dynamaxing can turn any pokemon, no matter how weak, into an immediate threat through sheer mass and weight alone." It didn't matter how weak your pokemon was if it was dozens of feet tall and weighed hundreds of tons. Walking around could cause incredible damages.

"Even a nameless rocket grunt could cause mayhem within civilian centers. If we go through with this, we must figure out a way secure the information without fail. It cannot go the same way Mega Stones and Sygna Suits did."

If nothing else, the information pertaining to the creation of power spots had to be tightly secured, and implemented sparingly. If the Dynamax bands leaking was an inevitability, then they at least had to possess absolute control over where dynamax could be utilized.

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 14:45:44 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]Greyson sits back most of the time and simply absorbs the AQUA meeting as a spectator. He expected discourse, and animosity, and he got that in full.
[break][break]
"It's impossible to guarantee that something like this wouldn't get out — i'm sorry, but that's the truth — and maybe even more so that we can keep Rocket from getting their hands on it."
[break][break]
His eyes flit to random faces throughout the room.
[break][break]
"Rocket has proved remarkably resourceful, and when that has failed, incredibly stubborn. They are willing to just throw themselves head-first against whatever bulwark stands in their way, until they get their way."
[break][break]
His knee bounces up and down in frustration.
[break][break]
"Commissioner if you're asking us if the risk is worth it.. I don't think it is." He'd like be one among a few, or even by himself, in this regard. So be it.
[break][break]
"Unless— do you believe Rocket can get their hands on this by themselves? That's the only scenario where I could see a beneficial reason to introduce such a dangerous catalyst into the mix."

[break]
[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

¤ Says that Rocket getting this would be inevitable, and questions whether the risk outweighs the benefits.[break]¤ Disagrees about using this Dynamax unless—[break]¤ —There's a good chance that Rocket can get it without their help, then that'd leave them with a disadvantage.
[break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
613 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 20:18:21 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
[attr="class","dahlia"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","icon"]
The Commissioner nods in response to Doug and Greyson's reservations. Her head dips with the weight of understanding and a blonde curl unfurls past her ear.[break][break]

"unfortunately, much of our counterintelligence has already been nullified. much of the knowledge surrounding the phenomenon and its related artifacts come from experiences remembered from that memory of galar."[break][break]

She raises a thin finger.[break][break]

"however, we do have one advantage. you can only dynamax by close proximity to a power spot. rocket only has sootopolis. we have everywhere else. the creation of a power spot is conspicuous and can not easily be concealed."

[break][break]

[attr="class","bottom"] [break]
TL;DR: knowledge about dynamax comes from goodbye galar so all would know; ability to create power spots more freely is one of the league's advantages

[newclass=".dahlia"]--accent:#d5a73d; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia blockquote"]width:370px; height:auto; background-color: #292929; text-align: justify; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; padding: 35px; padding-bottom: 40px; padding-top: 25px; border-left: 5px #252525 solid; border-right: 5px #252525 solid;border-top: 5px #252525 solid; line-height: 15.5px; letter-spacing: .7px; font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .icon"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/98CdfHB/mercy2.png); height:100px; width:100px; margin:-70px 29px 19px 10px; float:left; border-radius:20px; border:6px var(--accent) solid; outline:10px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia blockquote b, .nina blockquote i"]color:var(--accent); } .dahlia blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .dahlia blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .top"]background-color:var(--accent); background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 430px; height: 68px; text-align: center; margin-left:auto; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: -50px; padding: 10px 10px 10px 0px; border-radius: 25px 25px 0px 0px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .bottom"]background-color:#222222; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-size: cover; width: 420px; height: auto; text-align: center; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top:-60px; padding: 10px 10px 10px; border-radius: 0px 0px 25px 25px; border: 5px #252525 solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=".dahlia .bottom a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[nospaces][newclass="credit"]FREE TO USE! coded by mad, partial credit to milky for text styling <3[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 22:01:53 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the commissioner takes the reins and for a moment, tension simmers like a pot left behind on a still hot burner. it exists in the background, persistent in the way it lingers.

"dynamaxing could aid with fending off our enemies..."

her eyes are almost hungry as they pour over the information laid out before them. they flitter about, mental gears clearly churning through possibilities.

"i do believe, however, i would be concerned with enemies trying to take this energy for themselves."

a light frown has settled, creasing her lips into worry.

"not necessarily rocket as much as entities like kyurem, necrozma, even the megalopolans still among us or the drk triad. with this energy in their hands, it could do more harm than good."

too much harm, actually...

"each power spot requires the ore recovered from ultra deep sea in order to function for dynamaxing, though, correct? we could increase security around dewford's rift to limit access to the dynamax ore in an attempt to stall our enemies from using this to their advantage?"

it's not sound, surely, but it can buy time - the flow of which needs to be on their side if they're to survive each item on 's list.

aqua assembly.

tl;dr |

- doesn't mind the idea of dynamax & power spots
- worried about the possibility a new energy can bring: more enemies coming in to get it
- not as concerned about rocket getting it, but things like kyurem, necrozma, etc.
- suggests increased security at ultra deep sea rift to protect dynamax ore

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 22:54:49 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]Greyson nods along with the Commissioner's words.

[break]
[break]
"Have we explored taking back Sootopolis?"

[break]
[break]
This question would probably step on a few toes.

[break]
[break]
"If we remove all access to power-spots from Team Rocket, than Dynamax could be the tool that allows us to bring Rocket out of the shadows for good."

[break]
[break]
Was it a pipe dream, or something they could actually accomplish.

[break]
[break]
"But, more to your point : what amount of security could possibly be enough? Gods and interdimensional threats are far beyond the capacity of your average watch-stander. Could we afford a member of AQUA to stand the watch 24/7? Would anyone here be willing?"

[break]
[break]
He finishes with a question aimed at .

[break]
[break]
"What are the chances we could use some of the Legendary Pokemon we have— the Tapu's and Jiarachi— to assist in something like that, if we were to attempt it?"

[break]

notes

¤ Brings up SOOTOPOLIS.[break]¤ Probes further into the logistics of Illeana's Plan[break]¤ Proposes the idea of using Legendaries under the League's care, to assist in defense.
[break]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist, alchemist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,207 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2023 23:29:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she flashes a small, warm smile toward . while he sees some logistics issues with her idea, he does not outright refuse it. and for such a thing, she is grateful.

"interdimensional threats are a big feat even for our aqua members, but i do like the idea of utilizing the legendary pokemon we have on our side for added security. tapu koko, in particular, could possibly set up some sort of electrical barrier maybe?"

it's sound logic, something she wholeheartedly agrees with as far as placing faith in a solid stance. between them, perhaps a plan can even be found...

which brings about her next point. for this, her eyes stray from to find the familiar gold of . there, they hold firm.

"the commissioner mentioned terastal caverns appearing beneath much of hoenn. if there are any that connect to sootopolis, we could utilize those to strike from underground. sea forces like nautica and with kyogre as well as aerial forces like and rayquaza could surround to apply pressure while land forces approach from the terastal caverns."

she flashes teeth - more encouraging than aggressive in nature.

"we would need to map the terastal caverns prior, as well as remove anything that might lurk within them, but it's a possibility."

aqua assembly.

tl;dr |

- agrees no one would be able to handle interdimensional threats
- also agrees with using the legendaries (tapus) in custody to aid in defending deep sea rift
- suggests using the terastal caves dahlia mentioned to attack sootopolis from underground

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

the ascendant
she/her
twenty-seven
November 03
sootopolis
demisexual
councilwoman
ace
i got new love, new skin to wrap myself in
awards
2,906 posts
part of
TAG WITH @freya
freya morningstar
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 3:12:57 GMT
freya morningstar Avatar
she rode with them into battle - the likes of and  - on the backs of pokemon made larger than life. her roaring moon, a paradoxical anomaly grown to an impossible size, dwarfed still by the shape of 's patron snaking through the sky. 

rocket has their own patrons that, if granted access to this power, could shatter the world. in galar, it hadn't mattered. that place had never been theirs.

"i agree with and in that we limit access to the rift and provide additional security to dewford's entrance. is a reliable gym leader and i'm sure he can suggest some gym trainers that may be able to take their share of watches."

when she meets 's eyes, her own are glittering. hungry for a war she's wanted for well over a year. 

"the morningstar estate is built into the very rock of sootopolis itself. there's a chance some of those tera tunnels have broken into it." there's a chance, then, that her estate has crumbled from the inside. her fingers curl. "i support this plan of action, if we're truly discussing the possibility of taking back sootopolis." 

"but i must remind the council that most in sootopolis are still civilian. if we're employing the use of legendaries, we need a plan. we need protocol. kyogre and can focus their attack on the sub and engage with and darkrai if they make an appearance. rayquaza and , and ho-oh can handle and shadow lugia with and latios' support."

her gaze moves to each in turn. " and tapu lele, and articuno, can work on containment. be the eyes while we're in combat. if forces need redirecting per  's xerneas or 's wo-chien making an appearance, they can make the call."

her gaze rests hesitantly on . and then flickers to . her jaw tightens. " can help and i in the tunnels with his ability to manipulate earth."

she shifts. "that is the rough draft of a hastily spun plan pitting our avatars against theirs. i would appreciate the council's input - specifically those i didn't mention, as i'm less familiar with their backgrounds and...abilities. and from the rest of the faction heads to suggest where we need fill in the gaps."

the thin line of her lips falls into a grimace. "and i oppose the suggestion of creating our own power spots. we take sootopolis from them and the first thing they'll do is target cities where we establish these power spots."
AQUA
on creating our own power spots: 'that's a no from me, dog'
hell yeah let's get sootopolis but pls!! a plan!!
notably suggests she work with matias :D

close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
ruin us, ruin me
and i'll let you
6'5" height
6'5" height
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,410 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 4:01:27 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","olllies"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

"what about the rangers?"

[break][break] ollie's voice breaks through the conversation, green eyes flickering between his co-head rangers before he continues on.

[break][break] "of course, legendaries are all well and good, but what happens if there's an attack or a bigger threat, then they'd have to concentrate elsewhere and we'd be left open." he wears a look of contemplation. "gym leaders are a good choice too, but they have to watch over their cities and handle their own gym challenges too."

[break][break] "in terms of breadth and skill, we could mobilize our rangers. they specialize in natural disasters and being moved around, so that shouldn't be an issue."

[break][break] he glances towards .

[break][break] "posting them in front of the rifts, or even working with in dewford should be easy."

[break][break] rangers were often overlooked when it came to matters of war, but it wasn't as if they should be dismissed completely. after all, there was strength in numbers.

[break][break] but brings up and articuno, and ollie glances at his best friend. he'd brought it up at the last ranger meeting and been part of any debriefs that were mentioned to , but this would probably be the first time he'd have to speak about it. his attention flits over to too, who would've likely heard the news directly from .

[break][break] "razz can help," he adds helpfully instead. also thanks to the last ranger rising meeting, it was public knowledge that was one of them. "razz lived at sootopolis and was there when the invasion happened. i'm sure he and reshiram could help the civilians out."

[break][break] he nods with the rest of the new councilwoman's plan though, leaning back as he crosses his arms.

[break][break] "is it possible at all that they've already made sootopolis into a power spot?"

[break][break] in which case, was right. they'd already be set at a disadvantage before they even begin.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] + ollie is like use the RANGERS!!! to station them!!! there are a lot of them. he also suggests using razz with reshiram since knows the area too
[break]+ ollie is like :THINKTHONK: about the power spots

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-heartbeat"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@aqua-assembly

[attr="class","milkhcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".olllies"]--accent:#FFB24D;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 5px 21px 11px 1px; height:90px; width:90px; filter:grayscale(0%); transition:0.5s all; } .luck .postbody img:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:0px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody .ooc"] width:250px; margin:0px auto; font:10px 'Roboto Mono'; color:#fff; border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:5px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkhcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:0px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkhcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkhcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,835 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 7:27:18 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

It was a world record an actual altercation hadn’t broken out yet at this point, considering the choices that were laid out for everyone to pick over.

He caught ’s eye and shook his head in such a minute way the other would instantly recognize the gesture; because from the way things had been laid out so far, it looked like he would have to drop another card, and right in the middle of everything too!

(He idly wondered what the general reaction to this was going to be. Hopefully civil.)

“Should we go the way of putting ‘power spots’ around the region. Wouldn’t. Wouldn’t the same thing that happened to Galar, maybe possibly happen here, too?”

In his mind’s eye, he flashed back to a particular point in time when he thought things were going to be alright… but then drifted apart. People came and went from other people’s lives, after all.

“I don’t want to bring up the Copperajah in the room regarding securing power spots with Rocket running around, however—as Ollie here said, if you’re going to move forward with the idea of putting power spots up around the region, you can count on the Rangers for additional protection. We wouldn’t want to spread everyone too thin across as it is.”

He was aware of how things were done in Fortree considering there was a rift to another world found there and the Ranger Captain for that city had things under control along with the Fortree outpost, so there was that.

“And speaking of… Articuno,” he continued as he felt his throat suddenly go paper-dry.

Forcing himself to take a drink from the coffee he had with him, it would be… better to drop the news himself than risk someone else doing it on his behalf and getting mixed signals.

“I’ve been banished from Shoal Cave. Have been since Meteno. That was the last time I’d heard from them up here,” he went on, pointing to the back of his head.

“I think. I think that last attack from that. Kyurem, right. From Kyurem might’ve done something to them.”

That was one thing out.

Now for the rest.

His mouth went into a thin line as he continued with the rest of what he had to say.

“The powers that come with being part and parcel of the Iceborne Mirage haven’t been functioning as they fully should, either. I think encountering another being that also had dominion over the same power that they did may have, and be much more powerful than they were, did something to. To our connection.”

• shit isn’t as it seems with him (iykyk)
don’t count the Rangers out of this yet
• he then brings up a point about putting power spots around the region: would what happened to Galar happen here too, all things considered?
• and should they proceed with the power spot plan, put the Rangers to use for additional manpower
there goes the main landmine too, was hoping to save this for later however my hand was usurped!

@tags up there as mentioned

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 11:17:03 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-words"]
"Councilwoman, your plan, while we admit is hastily drawn up, relies too much on them meeting us in a fair fight. If this is something we'd pursue, I think we'd need Kyle to ensure can't escape. We could then systematically cut them off from all avenues of escape. With Rayquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre, I don't see a way that Rocket can beat us." [break][break]He sighs.[break][break] "But, we need to take into account that Rocket would have no issue salting the earth if they knew it'd cause us grief."
[Break][break]
He taps his fingers, thinking. 's words sink in, and unfortunately, so too does 's.
[Break][break]
"Concur with leaning on the Ranger's. This doesn't solve the issue I mentioned early though - we simply do not have the resources readily available to combat a powerhouse threat, should they appear. More importantly-"[break][break]

He lets a measure of irritation, and disbelief, enter his voice. [Break][break]

"-am I correct in hearing Head Ranger Anderson that you do not have access to your patron or your abilities? And it has been this way for months? Have you reported this prior to today?"

[break]
[break]

notes

¤ Addresses concerns about Freyas plan[break]¤ concurs with Ollie but points out that it doesnt address his primary issue[break]¤ Asks in disbelief about Lara confession
[break]

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
AN AQUA ASSEMBLY PT. 4
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2023 11:53:11 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelo"]
[attr="class","angelotag"]
[attr="class","angelomain"]Three against one? Somewhere out there, must feel incredibly flattered.

Angelo raises a hand to shoulder height, giving a relaxed wave.

If you need reconnaissance, then you’re looking towards the wrong end of the table.” An arch of his brow is directed her way, as if tossing a hint. “Me an’ Latios will keep watch over Sootopolis. We can sight share with one another. I can see what he does from the sky while I'm keeping tabs somewhere else and he can turn invisible, to boot. Rocket will be none the wiser. That way I can keep everyone up to date and make calls through comms. Just more practical for me to be the operation's eyes and free up or .

Not to mention the placement would allow him to keep tabs on everyone, and make use of the judgement call to go where he feels he's needed most. 

At the subject of dynamax, he flickers his gaze towards with a nod. 

Then if Team Rocket already has information on how to make power spots we can’t risk being left behind in developing it for ourselves. We need to get in there first, and utilise our advantage.” He glances towards , then the map of Hoenn. One he knows intimately well.

Pacifidlog. Mossdeep. Lilycove. And here in Ever Grande, too. If you weren’t already planning on it.” A finger traces between the named cities in the air, looping around them. Together they encircling one, lonely spit of island. “We should put our power spots there, and surround Sootopolis.

Angelo leans back in his chair, taking a swig of quickly cooling coffee.

If they already have one of their own then our dynamax numbers will trump theirs, with the benefit of having them stuck on a rock in the middle of the ocean. And if they don’t have it… Well, then it’ll just make retaking Sootopolis easier.

His finger taps against the ceramic of his mug as Angelo considers.

Chances are they'll turn their attention towards those cities eventually, anyway. Even if they have dynamax by then or not. At least with power spots being there and the heightened security, they'll be fortified.

suggests some tweaking to freya's rough draft. agreeing with the use of dynamax. suggests they place power spots near lilycove, pacifidlog, mossdeep (and ever grande, if not already) to trap sootopolis in.
[attr="class","angelopoke"]
[newclass=.angelo] font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; [/newclass][newclass=.angelomain] margin: 0 auto;width:330px;background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:45px;text-align:justify;font-size:11.5px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;[/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag a] color:#272727!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.angelotag] text-align: center; font-weight:bold; margin: 0 auto; background-color: #272727; height: 20px; width: 420px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo u] text-decoration: none; font-style: italic; color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; font-weight: bold; [/newclass][newclass=.angelo a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 13px Poppins!important; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelopoke] width:420px;background-color:#272727;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;padding-bottom:15px;margin: 0 auto;margin-top:-5px;[/newclass]