he/him/his
january 19th
pyrite town, orre
asexual
assassin
associate
6’7” height
6’7” height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
114 posts
ryker hayes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ryker
ryker hayes
Two birds of a feather [DW/C]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2023 19:42:32 GMT
ryker hayes Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg7"]

[attr="class","header"]RATHER BE THE HUNTER THAN THE PREY

[attr="class","setting"]

There was nothing more freeing than soaring through the air, feeling the wind rush through his hair and the sun on his face. Though he couldn't speak for Apollo, he was sure they had an agreement. Apollo always seemed to enjoy spreading his wings, something he didn't often get a chance to do unless they were away from the base for non-business reasons.
[break][break]
Currently, he was off to add more Pokémon to his collection, as he didn't have many at the moment. That's why he wanted to add more Pokémon to his collection, hoping to fill out his team and have Pokémon on standby that he could switch out with his current team when needed.
[break][break]
Since he was planning on catching Pokémon, he decided to kill two birds with one stone and pick a route that would allow him to fly on Apollo. That's why he chose to give Route 123 another try. It was probably one of the few routes where he could ride his Charizard, as most of the other routes didn't have enough space.
[break][break]
Looking down over Route 123, he tried to spot anything. "See anything?" he asked Apollo. Apollo shook his head, which didn't surprise the man. Well, he supposed it wouldn't be that easy.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + yes I realize Charizard don’t take after birds but they are flying types

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#CC4E4E; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/J0sGZyBY/IMG-1715.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 4:42:13 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
After all he had been through at Dewford, Josh deserved a vacation.

He couldn't take too long of one, or he would fall behind on his community service and Gym paperwork. 3000 hours was still working 8 hours a day for a year and a half. Even with his Gym's reduced hours, it felt like he had been working seven days a week to free himself from the shackles of indentured servitude at the hands of the title he wanted more than any other. Well, there was one title he wanted more than Champion, but there was no clear path to the one he wanted more. He had learned from that incident that his unhealthy obsession had gotten him nowhere, and may have even made Raikou look unfavorably upon him.

Today was not a day to dwell on the past, though. Today, he would let loose with his Pokémon and get lost in the adrenaline rush of high speed flight. Wrapped in a cocoon saddle strapped to Ares, a Charizard that was large but not giant, Josh ordered swift maneuvers through his dragon's reins. The Pokémon's tail flame turned orange to purple, sacred dragonfire accelerating him at an acute angle toward in a speedy DRAGON DANCE, though it was obvious that it was not on a collision course.

{WC: 221}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Ares          Charizard      Good
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

the crimson dragon
he/him/his
january 19th
pyrite town, orre
asexual
assassin
associate
6’7” height
6’7” height
awards
114 posts
ryker hayes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ryker
ryker hayes
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2023 13:55:00 GMT
ryker hayes Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

He had been scanning the area for a wild Pokémon when he noticed that Apollo was fixated on something else. Frowning, he looked in the direction Apollo was looking but didn't see anything at first. It took a few moments for him to see what Apollo's keen eyes had picked up - a man on top of a Charizard, heading straight towards them.
[break][break]
As he continued to watch, he noticed the man and Charizard approaching rapidly. However, even he could tell that it wouldn't result in a collision. Anyone flying that fast would surely know what they were doing. At least, that's what he told himself as he and Apollo hovered in one spot, waiting for the man to approach.
[break][break]
"Nice day to fly," he said when the other male had gotten close enough for him to speak without yelling. The younger male had dark hair and dark eyes. Although he had never met him before, a voice in the back of his mind told him he should know the guy. But he couldn't figure out why. Was he someone famous?
[break][break]
Deciding it didn't matter, he mentally shook himself. He might have snapped back to reality because he heard Apollo greeting the other Charizard, causing him to give his Pokémon an unreadable look. Apollo usually didn't waste any time in conversing with another person's Pokémon.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + ooc notes

[newclass=.blbqimg7]position:relative; --accent:#CC4E4E; --bgimg:url(https://i.postimg.cc/J0sGZyBY/IMG-1715.jpg);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg7 .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 5:29:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As Josh was soaring, he caught sight of beneath him. Reining his dragon back, he kept pace with the other rider and his Charizard once they were in earshot. "It is!" Josh called out as the wetlands flew past them both, a swarm of Yanma ducking for cover in the presence of the fire-types. "Not too hot, not too cold. What brings you out here, if I may ask?" the Gym Leader asked.

Ares inhaled and belched a cone of flames skyward in an attempt to impress Ryker's Charizard, the attack harmlessly dissolving into the sky around them. Josh wasn't in his Ranger uniform, nor his racing outfit. Other than a helmet and transparent visor to protect his eyes, he was wearing ordinary yellow clothes that rippled in the wind.

{WC: 131}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2023 18:39:42 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOLBAT APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INFILTRATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]VENOSHOCK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CONFUSE RAY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEAN LOOK
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PANGORO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SCRAPPY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CIRCLE THROW
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENTRAINMENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PARTING SHOT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]NIGHT SLASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

the crimson dragon
he/him/his
january 19th
pyrite town, orre
asexual
assassin
associate
6’7” height
6’7” height
awards
114 posts
ryker hayes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ryker
ryker hayes
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2023 21:13:19 GMT
ryker hayes Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

As he mentioned the temperature, he nodded in agreement. It was days like this that he enjoyed letting loose and soaring through the air on his back, days where the air wasn't too stifling from the heat or too frigid from the cold. Though even if that had been the case, he would probably think it was a nice day to fly. Then again, he was pretty used to weather being unpredictable, having come from a desert climate.
[break][break]
"I came out here to spend more time with Apollo," he said, indicating the Charizard as if it wasn't obvious he was referring to him. "I had also been meaning to add more Pokémon to my team, so I decided to take care of both at the same time. It's like..." he trailed off, frowning before continuing. "Like however that saying goes."
[break][break]
To be honest, he had never understood sayings like that. He hadn't been trained in any of that. Sometimes he felt his Pokémon understood human interaction more than he did. And he was even more sure of that when he felt Apollo react to the other Charizard's display. Before Apollo could see it as some kind of challenge to see who could be the most impressive, he stroked the dual type to calm him.
[break][break]
Before he could say anything, Apollo turned sharply and sent an Air Slash towards the ground. He noticed the two Pokémon just as the Pangoro was hit with the attack, causing it to be driven back a bit. Before the bear Pokémon could attack, he threw a Pokéball towards it.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + catch attempt on Pangoro

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2023 5:39:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The cool air against the warm Charizard's body was refreshing. As much as he wanted to go for a dive and pull up at the last moment, Josh couldn't do that with the fire-type dragon; even getting too close to the wetland could cause mist to fly in Ares' face. Mist that would be irritating at best, toxic at worst for the Charizard to handle. "There's a pretty wide variety of Pokémon out here; just gotta keep your eyes sharp and don't be afraid to look down."

Just chuckled upon hearing Ryker's Charizard's name. "Heh, my Charizard has an A-name, too. His name is Ares, and mine is Josh. You might know be better as Gym Leader Devlin of Mauville, but I prefer going by my first name." His skin tingled as his mount suddenly belched a cone of FLAMETHROWER at an oncoming Golbat, who clumsily flew out of the way. "That's a great reason to come out here. I'm just out here to blow off some steam after some rough days at work. Would be more than happy to keep you company if you think you can handle Apollo perhaps... taking you on a bit of a rollercoaster ride."

{WC: 201}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2023 2:15:36 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NIDOQUEEN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SHEER FORCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CRUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLUDGE WAVE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLATTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DOUBLE KICK

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TOGEPI APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SERENE GRACE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POUND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WISH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE EDGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GROWL

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE PANGORO!
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

the crimson dragon
he/him/his
january 19th
pyrite town, orre
asexual
assassin
associate
6’7” height
6’7” height
awards
114 posts
ryker hayes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ryker
ryker hayes
POSTED ON Oct 12, 2023 23:04:47 GMT
ryker hayes Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

Afraid? That had to do with one of those emotions, right? Fear, if he remembered correctly. He couldn’t say he really understood it, but he couldn't just go around saying stuff like that. It always got him strange looks.
[break][break]
“I fear nothing,” he told him as he let his gaze scan the terrain below them. His sharp gaze caught sight of a Nidoqueen and a Togepi, neither of which held interest for him. Sure, he was sure they were great Pokémon in their own right, but neither of those Pokémon were a fit for him.
[break][break]
As he mentioned the name of his own Charizard, he looked up. "Funnily enough, I have a Gallade named Ares. And my other two Pokémon are a Mabostiff named Fenris and an Ariados who I haven’t gotten around to naming yet. I’m sure I’ll think of something though."
[break][break]
As he mentioned his own reason for being out here, he nodded. "It’s good to take a break from time to time," he agreed before continuing.
[break][break]
"While I’m made of some pretty tough stuff and don’t mind speed, Apollo doesn’t know any moves that boost his speed. Even without them, he’s pretty fast though. I hope that’s okay."[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + skipping

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 14, 2023 3:21:02 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
While Josh wasn't completely fearless, his courage was strong and contagious, having inspired many on the Gym circuit to take up arms against Rocket. The Gym Leader's gaze, likewise, shifted to the Nidoqueen and Togepi below, equally disinterested. "We really do think alike, don't we?" Josh smiled. "I almost named one of my other Pokémon Fenris." Perhaps he would use that name for a Pokémon he caught today.

With mention of Apollo being a fast Charizard, Josh egged Ryker on to see what he could do with the pseudo-dragon. "Alright, Ares, let's go! DRAGON DANCE!" With a roar, Ares' tail turned from its normal yellow-orange to a royal, holy purple, leaving dragonfire calligraphy in the sky as the Gym Leader wheeled his dragon about at high speeds. The turns he made would let Apollo keep up if Ryker wished it so. Josh let out a whoop as he let the flying Pokémon fling his gut every which way, even performing a full vertical loop at the end.

{WC: 170}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2023 3:18:28 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SALANDIT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CORROSION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCRATCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]EMBER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAGON RAGE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAME BURST

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TENTACOOL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LIQUID OOZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BARRIER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HYDRO PUMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ACID ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POISON STING

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

the crimson dragon
he/him/his
january 19th
pyrite town, orre
asexual
assassin
associate
6’7” height
6’7” height
awards
114 posts
ryker hayes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ryker
ryker hayes
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2023 5:18:03 GMT
ryker hayes Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

As he mentioned thinking alike, he nodded. Thinking alike when it came to names wasn't that uncommon of an occurrence. He decided not to go into all that though. There just wasn't much point in getting into all that. Though considering he wasn't the most verbose of people, he didn't see much point in carrying on a long conversation about name preferences.
[break][break]
"Fenris is a good name that any Pokémon would feel proud to have," he told the younger male. And he wasn't just saying that because he had a Pokémon named Fenris either. He had just liked that name. Though he felt he had read of that name somewhere and he had just felt the name was just right for a Mabosstiff.
[break][break]
As the gym leader took off, he urged Apollo to take off after him. Of course, since Ares had a speed-based move in his move set, he was faster, but Apollo wasn't shabby himself. Charizard had been trained for years to be quick, even without the use of a speed-based move.
[break][break]
He was in the midst of going through the turns Josh had on Ares when he noticed movement from below him. Letting his gaze dart down, he saw a Salandit. The dual type saw them as well and sent fire at them, which Apollo sliced through the fire blast with Air Slash.
[break][break]
After the attack hit, Ryker tossed a Pokéball towards the Salandit before she could try for another attack. He did all of this while barely slowing down.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + catch attempt on Salandit

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
5,986 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 5:12:09 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Yeehaw!!" Josh shouted as Ares tilted his large wings, the fire-type pulling out of a dive. The sharp reversal of g-forces flung the Gym Leader's gut downward, even Ares letting out a blissful roar. Usually the dragon was all serious business. Perhaps being able to fly on a clear day, with no chance of rain, allowed him to appreciate just how much fun it was letting the adrenaline flow.

After a few more swift turns, the Charizard's purple flame turned back to its orange and red color. With its reversion, the dragon slowed to Apollo's pace just as Ryker had hit his target. "Mabosstiff is a Pokémon I've thought about adding to my Gym team," the Leader related as they soared past another small peninsula around Lake Pyre.

skips!

{WC: 129}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,289 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2023 23:48:34 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MANDIBUZZ APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BIG PECKS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]LEER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIRROR MOVE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WHIRLWIND

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD UMBREON APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INNER FOCUS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]COPYCAT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]QUICK ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAIL WHIP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PURSUIT

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
CAUGHT THE SALANDIT!
close tab

played by

lumity/jayfeather

the crimson dragon
he/him/his
january 19th
pyrite town, orre
asexual
assassin
associate
6’7” height
6’7” height
awards
114 posts
ryker hayes DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ryker
ryker hayes
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2023 18:31:34 GMT
ryker hayes Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","setting"]

The younger male appeared to be enjoying himself. Was it joy that he was feeling? That's why he made that sound. "Enjoying yourself aren't you?" he asked, taking a random guess. Hopefully, he was right. If not, he would just say that he wasn't good at reading people. No need to let him know that he couldn't feel emotions.
[break][break]
When the gym leader mentioned the possibility of adding a Mabosstiff to his party, he nodded. "You should. They're pretty useful Pokémon to have," he told the gym leader, noticing that Apollo seemed focused on something in his peripheral vision. He looked down at the dual type and followed his gaze, seeing him looking at a Pokémon.
[break][break]
"An Umbreon," he pondered. "It might be a good Pokémon to have around."
[break][break]
He used Flame Thrower against the Umbreon before following up with Air Slash before she could counterattack. Thinking that she had endured enough, Ryker threw a Pokéball.[break]

[attr="class","oocnotes"] + catch attempt on Umbreon

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights