March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
Round Two: Shalin vs. Elise [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 6:00:02 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
With her wounds mostly healed, Shalin felt comfortable signing up for the Vital City Tournament, if only to improve her combat skills. The war had made her realize how inadequate they were. She much preferred Ranger work, though as a Captain, she couldn't exactly pick her tasks.

The sheer efficiency that the tournament's healing machines operated at was a marvel of the event: they worked faster than ones at most Pokémon Centers, making sure the Pokémon were all in top shape for each round. This was going to be a long day: battle after battle. With them being only one Pokémon per side, at the very least they would be quick. As Shalin was sipping on a bottle of water, an announcement blared over the venue's loudspeakers:

"Attention all Vital City Tournament participants. Pairings are up for round two. Pairings are up for round two."

Pulling up the list on her phone, she scrolled down to her name and found her opponent and her assigned arena number. That opponent was .

Shalin took her place on her assigned side of the battleground. "Hey, long time, Elise!" the Captain waved. "Didn't expect to run into you out here!"

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

{WC: 200}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Queen Zing    Beedrill       ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 15:16:19 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Elise had been hurt during the big conflict at Route 105’s island near Dewford Town two months ago, so she had contemplated staying on the side and take up a supportive role for next time. She did want to improve on her combat if she would have no choice but to fight, so the Vital City Tournament was a good way to get some training. Around her belt was a single Moon Ball containing her most trusted partner, a Mismagius and one that she trusted fully as a childhood friend, confidante, and her ace Pokemon.[break][break]

Taking out her smartphone, the list came up with pairings for each of the competitors. On her match up, the royal ambassador is matched up with who she hadn’t seen for a while. By now, she had known Shalin had moved up in the ranks of the Pokemon Rangers as the Ranger Captain of Rustboro City. Going towards the assigned battleground and past the healing machines, she sees the green-haired woman speak to her with a wave.[break][break]

“Hello Shalin, it is good to see you again even if it has been a while since we spoke.” The royal ambassador gives a small wave of greeting back to Shalin. “I heard of the tournament, so I thought I should hone my battling along with my partner Pokemon.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- Using Terastalization - Gimmick[break]
- Health: 3/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 21:55:07 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
"It has!" Shalin smiled, excited to see the royal again. "Been so busy with my duties in Rustboro that I haven't had a lot of time to see you, unfortunately. Had to find an Elite of Rustboro willing to cover me just to come out here. Now, let's go!"

Clicking the release switch on her Poké Ball, out from it came a Shiny Beedrill that looked a bit strange to Shalin not seeing her with her saddle on. She had become so used to riding her Pokémon that they looked so different without their gear on. After waving the flat of one of her foreleg stings to say hello to the Galarian, the insect churned up a TAILWIND with her loud wings, drowning out the noise of the small gallery watching. Keeping her distance from the phantom, she pointed both her foreleg stings toward the Mismagius, her TWINEEDLE's speed augmented by the harsh wind in Elise's face.

Planning to use Mega Evolution!

0LdJv|G8

{WC: 158}
{PC: 2}

Queen Zing    Beedrill       ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 21:04:01 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

She knows that Shalin had been busy with her new position as Ranger Captain of Rustboro City, so the ambassador replies with a little nod. “I hope your newer position has made you happier. Though I am still a ranger cadet, my position as royal Galarian ambassador still takes up a lot of my time as well.” There were times that the appointments had piled up when she thought she would take some time off to relax at home. “I’m prepared, let’s go, Shalin.”[break][break]

When Shalin sends out her gigantic Beedrill, Elise keeps her composure in spite of her intense fear of bigger bug type Pokemon. She has to think of her father’s Centiskorch out at the estate in Rustboro City where her parents and little sister were asked of the female royal to move to Hoenn a few months ago. Taking out her Mismagius’ Moon Ball, her finger presses the button to send out the floating purple ghostly witch as Mana floats up in the air.[break][break]

The Tailwind blows past the long waist-length dark magenta hair of the female Galarian royal as the Mismagius gets hit by the giant shiny Beedrill’s Twineedle. With a cry of pain from the stinger hitting her ‘robe’, Mana floats a little away from being close to the giant Beedrill and releases a sphere of darkened energy towards Queen Zing with Shadow Ball trying to hit the shiny female Beedrill. [break][break]

ZQC4OF1L

[break][break]

NOTES

- Using Terastalization - Gimmick[break]
- Health: 3/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2024 5:30:53 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The reaction from Elise was unexpected; she had remembered the royal had a fear of giant bugs. It was too bad; she loved her Yanmega and Beedrill, and she would never be able to use them around her if she wanted to make friends with the fine lady across from her. There would be no banter between them. All they could rely on was what they could see and smell; the churning wings made hearing anything else but the deafening drone impossible.

Though the Beedrill was agile, she was much less so than other insects. Through her foresight and crafty positioning, Mana had led her SHADOW BALL into the bug-type perfectly. With a nod and a serious look that was unlike her, Shalin raised her right hand's index and middle fingers to the KEY STONE on her MEGA CIRCLET. Both the green wasp and Shalin's headpiece glowed purple-pink with the light of MEGA EVOLUTION.

Boasting five stings instead of three, as well as a much more menacing gaze, her wings hummed all the louder. Both their ears might be ringing after the match. She pointed all five barbs downward, aiming to deliver five painful jabs with her FELL STINGERS. Even one of those would leave the phantom with a burning sensation if they connected with her soul gem. All five? She didn't want to think about the kind of damage her berserk partner could cause...

Mega Evolution - Round 1 of 2

0wEqoNKU +20

{WC: 235}
{PC: 3}

Queen Zing    Beedrill       ♥♥

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 16:08:09 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

A smile came on the Mismagius’ mouth when her Shadow Ball lands perfectly onto the female shiny Beedrill though she sees the Mega Evolution happen to Queen Zing through Shalin’s Mega Circlet. Elise knew that if Shalin was using her gimmick here in their match, she’ll have to go with teratalizing her ghost type Pokemon. Tapping onto the Tera Orb around her belt, the ambassador Terastalizes her Mismagius into the Fairy Tera Type. Queen Zing was part poison type, but this was in good fun than to win at the tourney at any case.[break][break]

Mana lets the Fell Stinger sting at her body as she cries from the stinger piercing her. The phantom witch shoots a Mystical Fire back at the giant shiny Beedrill as the blue flames would make their way toward the flying Mega Evolved shiny Beedrill. [break][break]

sAiFDb6O + 15

[break][break]

NOTES

- Using Terastalization - Gimmick (+15 to rolls that are an even number)[break]
- Health: 2/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 20:03:10 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The Mega Evolved insect fearlessly charged toward Mana and her MYSTICAL FIRE with reckless abandon. The foe's Terastal body only drew the Beedrill to greater anger, acting nothing like the sweet insect she was prior to her Mega Evolution. That empathy had been converted into raw grit. The fires burned hot and bright, but she did not care. Shalin did, wincing in worry for her partner.

Once she was clear of the flames, Queen Zing zipped toward Mana, her blue eyes flashing rapidly. With terrifying speed and agility, she threw a flurry of pointed POISON JABS at the phantom's new body.

Mega Evolution - Round 2 of 2

RoBVxwh0 +20

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 16:10:38 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Mana prepares for the next attack in the second round from the giant shiny mega evolved Beedrill as the stingers from the Beedrill turn into poisonous needles. The Poison Jab from the Beedrill’s needle-like stingers makes the ghost wail from the poison burning through her body. Floating to the left side of the giant shiny Beedrill, Mana’s eyes glow red and makes her incantation of a spell she prepared to throw at Queen Zing.[break][break]

In a moment, the Mismagius’ incantation becomes a powerful blast of Psychic that attempts to strike Queen Zing. Pink sparkles rain down from the fairy tera crowned ghost when her mouth goes into a little confident smirk, she’ll get that win for her mistress if she could! [break][break]

2d0Ie|fb + 15

[break][break]

NOTES

- Health: 1/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 21:22:41 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
Mega Evolution gave Queen Zing a surge of strength, but it also wore her out coming off the Infinity Energy high. Where one form of energy expired, another materialized, this time on Mana, her Terastal body empowering her to withstand the venom.

Queen Zing's head thumped, finding it difficult to aim a precise attack after the PSYCHIC blast narrowly grazed her. All she could do was spray TWINEEDLE in all forward directions and pray.

1jxN82eQ

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 5:50:17 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

While the pink crystal terastalization protects the Mismagius from the venom from the giant shiny Beedrill’s last attack, the mega evolution’s energy had run out on Queen Zing which would give the ghost some time to think on which move to use for this round. On the Vital Gear, the score was 2-1 which meant that Elise needed to mount a little comeback to get back on the lead. She did have fun in battling it out with the ranger captain of Rustboro City nonetheless![break][break]

A white glow came onto the chest jewels of the Mismagius’ robe as it’ll send a barrage of rocks launched from Power Gem towards the gigantic shiny Beedrill. The Twineedle ends up missing the floating ghost as she moves out of the way of the needles being shot out. [break][break]

QjnQLhvr + 15

[break][break]

NOTES

- Health: 1/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,475 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:11:34 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
The POWER GEM cut some of the barrage of venomous needles, but not all of them. Queen Zing's blue eyes flickered as the gemstone cut into her at the same time the buzzer went off. This match would come down to a judge decision. "Wow, Elise, you're good! This was so close. Far as I'm concerned, this is a tie!"

Ties could not happen; there had to be a winner and loser of every match. The girl took a seat on a nearby bench, awaiting the judges' ruling. When she was declared the winner, she opened her arms wide to embrace Elise if she allowed it. "Amazing match. Want to get lunch together after the sixth round? I'd love to reconnect."

TnWJvupc

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 19:27:12 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The judges’ decision came to declare Shalin as the winner through a time-out. Elise doesn’t hold it against the other woman that Shalin and Queen Zing did their best together. Returning her tired Mismagius inside her Moon Ball, the royal ambassador embraced Shalin back. “You did great too, Shalin. I was sure that I would be a little close to winning at that second.” Facing her fear with Queen Zing in the middle of the battlefield would make the ambassador feel a little better though the memories of her childhood fear still remain.[break][break]

“I would be delighted to, Shalin. We haven’t spoken to each other much, so I am curious to see how you will do in the sixth round of your match-up.” Elise replies back to the green-haired woman with a smile. She might have to cheer Shalin on in the crowd somewhere or watch one of those matches on stream too.

@tag [break][break]

NOTES

- Health: 0/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 3:20:14 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: