he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,667 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Apr 9, 2024 18:42:13 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[attr="class","snailhouse"]
[attr="class","Chromeleft"]
[attr="class","Chromeleftoverlay"]
[attr="class","NOSTALGIA"]
[attr="class","Chromeright"]
[attr="class","Chromeoverlay"]
[attr="class","puppycat"]

[attr="class","lemonsoda"]

[attr="class","puppycat"]A smol responsibility
[attr="class","monody"]
Forever Responsible For Your Rose
The Little Prince nodded along as the Explorer shared their "Rose".

"
That was the ship you were near when I found you, right?" the Little Prince asked. "It did look pretty nice! I don't need something like that to travel across the stars, but it'd be nice to fly around in a house."

"
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one to have something like a rose! Even if what you got isn't exactly a rose." A spaceship certainly did more than a rose could, and needed more care than a rose. "I've seen other ships before. Some bigger, some smaller, some grander, some simpler. But what's important is that that ship is yours. Just like how this rose is mine."

The Little Prince looked over at his rose.

"
And it's the time we spend on our rose that makes it so important. The time we spend caring for it, looking at it, being with it. It's the time we waste on it that makes it different from everything else just like it."

Perhaps the rose would not last long - but it was something important to him. Even if that time ended with nothing, the time he spent was important.

"
And we're forever responsible for our rose."

The Little Prince looked back to the Explorer, who'd asked him a peculiar question.

"
Oh, you're looking for a planet? There's lots of planets out there that I've been to! Was there a certain kind of planet you were looking for?"

Prompt

Answer the question

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/65OzR4E.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
1,087 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2024 0:14:37 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]"Not a rose, perhaps, but a flower..."[break][break]

Manjushage. A white flower from the heavens, said to bring enlightenment. Whatever she was doing out here, surely she'd find it... as long as she kept on her journey, that is. Gettin' attached to any one place, that was a recipe for disaster. [break][break]

"And not a specific planet, either."[break][break]

She corrects the little prince. [break][break]

There's an innocence in his words. She can't really hold that against him. We all were innocent once, til we were poisoned by knowledge. Often, that being the awareness that others could hurt you... [break][break]

But he hadn't learnt it out here, where there was nobody. So isolated, he maintained that cheery outlook, greeting a stranger as a friend the way she may have herself once upon a time, way back when, long before she can remember. [break][break]

"Just lookin' for a vacant planet. A place to move. People back home, they're not content with just a rose. Ran out of room a long, long time ago. Soon they'll run out of water and air, too. But the kids... they still need a place to grow up."[break][break]

The little prince reminded her of them. Talking without reservation, knowing what was valuable, what wasn't. [break][break]

Adults like her, they'd long learned that the only way to protect their 'rose' was to stomp on other's before they did the same. Some of them even realized that if they looked over yonder, they could get their hands on more than one. [break][break]

They'd forgotten what mattered in a race to the bottom. [break][break]

+ [break]
+ Answer the question.

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,667 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Apr 16, 2024 22:24:59 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Plot Hook Ahoy
[attr="class","monody"]
The Next Destination?
The cosmos was a grand thing indeed - but perhaps the Explorer's host could shed light on prospective planets.

"
Oh, I could think of one you might like!"

Fortunately for the Explorer, he could help them there.

"
I remember this one world I visited that looked really nice! It had water and all that other stuff people need to live! And it's big enough for a lotta people to live on! There was a guy there, but he said he was waiting until his time came, so I don't think he's gonna stop you from visiting there or anything."

The Little Prince spoke with enthusiasm, with no heed to the implication of those words.

"
It should be a great place for kids to grow up on! I'm sure everyone there can find a rose just like mine. Or like yours."

What that "rose" could be would vary from person to person - but whatever it was, would be important to them.

The Explorer would soon receive a notification from their Spaceship; enough time had passed for it to fully charge; they were free to leave if they wanted.

Even if it'd only felt like they were here for less than an hour.

"Anything else you wanna know? I'm glad to help any other way I can!"

Prompt

Return to your Spaceship
Optional: Ask any other questions you may have before you go.

MADE BY MIZO
[newclass=.minisnailhouse a]font: 7pt roboto; color: #666666;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse]width: 500px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleft]width: 79px; height: 200px; float: left; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/mH1oth5.png'); -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeleftoverlay]width: 79px; height: 30px; padding-top: 170px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeleftoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeright]width: 420px; height: 200px; float: right; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/65OzR4E.png'); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Chromeoverlay]width: 420px; height: 80px; padding-top: 120px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .Chromeoverlay]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.45); transition-duration: 0.8s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.puppycat]width: 200px; font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; text-align: right; letter-spacing: 1px; float: left; margin: 0px 0px 5px 0px; opacity: 0; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.lemonsoda]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color:#f5f5f5; float: left; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .lemonsoda]width: 200px; transition: all 0.5s linear; [/newclass][newclass=.NOSTALGIA]width: 0px; height: 1px; background-color: #f1f1f1; float: left; z-index: 2px; position: relative; transition: all 0.5s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .NOSTALGIA]width: 280px; transition-duration: 0.5s; transition-timing-function: ease-out;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse a]font-size: 5pt; font-family: roboto; text-transform: uppercase; color: #ffffff; font-weight: normal;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .puppycat]opacity: 1; transition: 0.7s; transition-delay: .5s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][newclass=.Stayingforawhile]width: 50px; height: 50px; border: 4px solid #ffffff; transform: rotate(45deg); position: relative; margin-bottom: -28px;[/newclass][newclass=.monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(100%); transition: all 0.8s linear;[/newclass][newclass=.snailhouse:hover .monody]-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%); /* Safari 6.0 - 9.0 */filter: grayscale(0%);[/newclass][googlefont=Open+Sans]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
1,087 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2024 1:04:34 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]She tilts her head, intrigued by the little prince's words. [break][break]

A glance at her Poketch, and her ship indicates it's ready to go -- but she's not quite done here yet. [break][break]

This planet, it belongs to the little prince. Not that it'd be useful for her purposes anyway, but she's lookin' for a place to lay claim to. But if someone's waiting on this other planet, could it belong to them? Even going there puts it on her radar, and if there's water, and resources... unlike this dump, no way her bosses won't take notice.[break][break]

"This guy waitin'... know his name, by chance? Anything about him? What else did he say?"[break][break]

Going in blind ain't gonna be ideal, but something tells her the little prince is a bit too easygoing to have much info. He's content to live and let live, unlike everyone else in this crowded galaxy.[break][break]

Still, that's a bit rude to assume-- that he's too simple to know certain things-- so she asks all the same. [break][break]

+ [break]
+ Asks questions before she leaves

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,667 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 23:11:27 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]On the commute
[attr="class","monody"]
Words of Encouragement
The Little Prince shook his head as the Explorer asked their final question. "Dunno what his name was. I tried asking, but he said it didn't matter, so he didn't give it. Just told me that he was gonna stay there 'til the end of time or something. Didn't even want me visiting his world - only let me look at it."

It would seem that the Explorer may find some resistance at the planet they were told of - but only some.

With that, the Explorer made their exit. The Little Prince waved to them one more time - perhaps the last time.

"
It was nice talking to you! I hope we can one day meet again!"

Or perhaps not. There was an infinite number of stars to explore - perhaps an innumerable number of Little Princes, on their little planets with their little roses.

But it's the time the Explorer spent with this Little Prince that made them different.

———

It would seem that the Little Prince didn't specify how far the planet was; even with their spaceship fully-charged, at maximum speed, it would take some time for them to reach it. Not much to do now but wait it out, unless something came to them.

Which it did.

A notification from the Explorer's Spaceship - they'd received a message from their Commander. A pre-recorded message - a proper call was out of the question at this speed and distance. It was a miracle the message even reached them at all.

"
I pray this message finds you well, Explorer. It can be lonely in the depths of space, and it's driven many to madness. Your duty is important to us, both as a people and as a civilization."

"
I was asked to relay this message to you."

There would be a brief moment before the message began. It was from someone the Explorer knew, and whether it was a mere voice message or a video message, they had some encouraging words for them.

Prompt

Write out the encouraging message you received. It can be from anyone your character knows, whether human or Pokemon. If it's a PC (or a major site NPC), ask their player for permission first; they have permission to post in this thread with the message if you so wish.

React to the message.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Teddie

Michael Navidson
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,957 posts
Navy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Navy
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON May 18, 2024 0:38:38 GMT
Navy Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Navypog4"]
[attr="class","Navypog4-big-img"]

[attr="class","Navypog4-1"]
[attr="class","Navypog4-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Navypog4-tagged"]

[attr="class","Navypog4-subtitle"]
THERE IS A FIRE IN ME[BREAK]
A FIRE THAT BURNS

[attr="class","Navypog4-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Navypog4-post"]

[attr="class","Navypog4-icon"]

The video screen cracks to life. In the background lies hell. Soldiers rush forward all around a blue-haired man, firing at some distant foe. Whether they’re other humans or aliens is unimportant. The man of the hour smokes a cigar, gray eyes focused directly on the camera.[break][break]
Yo, Baki.” The warrior smiles. “You took that whole growing up thing serious, huh? Decided you’re headin’ off to go where no woman’s gone before. Shit…I miss you…” The thought of being absent from here brings about profound sadness, quickly replaced by annoyance when a man explodes into a blood sausage just off frame. The blood on his cheek annoys him, as if he’s thinking why didn’t you have the decency to die somewhere else?[break][break]
Anyway. You’ve got this. Known it since the moment you were born. It’s tough, growing up, going out and trying new things, but you’ll make friends too. Maybe you’ll have to beat them black and blue first, but they’ll be your friends in the end.”[break][break]
I love you, kiddo. I know I don’t say it a whole lot. You know it goes. Manly bravado. Can’t show too much emotion. I’ll be rootin’ for ya back here, fighting the good fight. Mankind’s enemy ain’t gonna get an inch while I’m here.”[break][break]
Someone shouts off-screen that he is needed. Sighing, he stands up and pulls out a short tube. What one might mistake for a futuristic pringles can ignites into a blue laser sword reminiscent of the behemoth blade.[break][break]
Duty calls. See ya, kid.”[break][break]
The message ends as Navy tightens his hand into a choking gesture, crushing some foe’s windpipe.

[attr="class","Navypog4-bot-1"]

notes about this post

Notes go here
[attr="class","Navypog4-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Navypog4]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Navypog4-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Navypog4-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Navypog4-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Navypog4-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#458ad8;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Navypog4-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Navypog4-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Navypog4-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Navypog4-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Navypog4-tagged a:hover { color:#d84545!important; }.Navypog4-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Navypog4-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Navypog4-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Navypog4-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Navypog4-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Navypog4-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Navypog4-post i { color:#458ad8; }.Navypog4-post b { color:#458ad8;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Navypog4-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Navypog4-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Navypog4-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Navypog4-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Navypog4-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#458ad8;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Navypog4-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Navypog4-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Navypog4-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#d84545!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
1,087 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON May 20, 2024 2:45:30 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]We will," she says to the little prince, confidently. [break][break]

Whether that's true, it's all a matter of cosmic perspective. A big bang necessitates a big crunch, doesn't it? Or maybe everything'll just burn out and fade away. That'd be fine, too.[break][break]

She bids him adieu. She's sure he doesn't know what that means. They don't speak french in space, or he'd be le petit prince, wouldn't he? [break][break]

With that, she's back in her ship. She drums her hands on the controls impatiently as a relayed message interrupts her, annoyed. About to put on a long binge of a show she meant to get to, but never had the chance to sit and just watch, she silently scowls at the screen. Seeing the man on the other end, though, she softens slightly. [break][break]

A brief pause, and she responds to 's message with word he'll never hear.[break][break]

"I know."[break][break]

A few moments of contemplation later, thinking of home, and she runs to the lavatory to run cold water to apply to her face. She stares at herself in the mirror, avoiding the question both her and her reflection both know the answer to--[break][break]

You got a place back home and all, don't you? So why're you out here, anyway? Runnin' from somethin'?[break][break]

She sighs, not deigning to say it aloud. They both know, her and the girl in the mirror. [break][break]

She returns to her Captain's chair and fiddles with the controls, looking in the direction the little prince directed her toward. [break][break]

"'End of time', huh? But... not the end of space. Too bad for him."[break][break]

She punches the throttle.[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Reacts to the message

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,667 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON May 23, 2024 0:17:08 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Flying Into Your DMs
[attr="class","monody"]
Not your internal monologue
On a far-off world, in a conflict far, far away, beyond what the Explorer had any purview of, came the message, sent to them by a soldier who they knew dearly. Longing words that dearly missed time which couldn't be taken back, ones that encouraged the Explorer to stay strong in their ordeal. Even if all the emotions couldn't be spoken, they could be felt.

The words seemed to have an effect on the Explorer, who needed a moment to take them all in.

But once they had that time?

Forward they went.

———

The Explorer's Starship would stop once it reached the planet the Little Prince spoke of. And that world was a sight to behold:

A pristine, perfect world. The temperature was just right, there was enough water to support life (which they would find if they scanned the planet), there was a breathable atmosphere, and their scans would reveal plenty of resources on the planet. And there was more than enough space for their civilization to settle upon.

By all means, a Goldilocks Planet. Just right.

Just for one minor detail: one of the planet's moons began to rotate, before its revolution reversed, steadily making its way towards the Explorer's Spaceship.

The Explorer would hear a voice in their head - undoubtedly from the object hurtling towards them.

WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Prompt

Do as you wish.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
1,087 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON May 27, 2024 21:49:53 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]The sight of the moon moving straight at her fills her with dread. She tries to swallow to no avail, her breath caught in her throat, grasping the controls tight. But she doesn't turn away, doesn't move her ship. [break][break]

Instead, she flicks a switch on the dash and speaks. [break][break]

"I'm... looking for a new home."[break][break]

She struggles to let out her voice. The power in whatever that thing is, coming at her, it nearly cows her. But she's not turned away so easily.[break][break]

"This one's yours, yeah? It's real pretty. Don't suppose you'd know of any similar places, do ya?"[break][break]

She knows the answer to that. At least, she thinks she does. What's she know about some moon-sized angry thing floating around space, anyway? Least she can do is answer honestly, simply, kindly but firmly. Whatever the reaction, that's out of her hands.[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Reacts

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,667 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON May 31, 2024 23:50:22 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]It's not a space station either
[attr="class","monody"]
That's No Moon!
The Explorer was paralyzed by fear - but not so much that they could not speak. They spoke through their ship, to try and communicate with the celestial body fast approaching their spaceship.

In the vacuum of space, no sound could pass, no voices could be heard.

And yet, the moon's approach slowed, until it came to a stop a short distance away.

They had been heard.

THIS WORLD WAS ONCE MY HOME, AND NOW IT SERVES AS A GRAVE FOR ALL I HAVE LOST.

Closer observation of the moon would reveal it was no moon - it was a ship, far grander in scale than the Explorer's…and showing its age, several parts in clear disrepair.

And should the Explorer attempt to scan for life, they would find none aboard this construct; what they spoke to, and what was speaking to them, was not a living creature

THERE IS NOTHING LIKE IT WITHIN THE COSMOS. YOU WOULD FIND NOTHING LIKE IT, AND I WOULD NOT HAVE YOU DESPOIL IT.

Prompt

Do as you wish.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
1,087 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2024 2:06:26 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]Tsubaki clicks her tongue in sheer surprise.[break][break]

"Don't intend to despoil anything. Don't worry."[break][break]

She stares in disbelief at the thing. It's a ship of some kind, but it reacts to her speech like a living creature. AI wasn't this advanced, she thought. Or at least, she thought. Maybe there really were more advanced computers out in the deepest regions of space - like this one, the one she was in. [break][break]

She takes a moment to think of what to do.[break][break]

"That's unfortunate. I'm looking for a new home. I don't wanna take other's homes, though. That'd make me just as bad as those pirates everyone hates. I'm not here to claim this place or anything, if that's what you think, so just cool your circuits. "[break][break]

She thinks back to the fight she had just getting out this far, the way they ate up everything they came across and didn't value anything. Then, to the one-pale blue dot her people called home... maybe they weren't so different after all.[break][break]

She showed anyone this place, that dot down there would grow a whiter shade of pale not long after. Not the good kind, either. The kind that was uglier, more metallic. More polluted.[break][break]

"You said it's a grave? What'd you lose, exactly?"[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Does as she wishes

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,667 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2024 18:17:52 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

[attr="class","puppycat"]Do you Remember?
[attr="class","monody"]
That's a Memory
The nature of the thing before the Explorer may be a mystery, but there was no denying it was intelligent - at least intelligent enough to hold a conversation.

THERE HAVE BEEN MANY THAT HAVE COME HERE. SOME MERELY TO SPEAK, BUT OTHERS SOUGHT TO CLAIM OR MERELY TAKE.

Yet the Explorer made it clear they were only aiming for the former at the moment. They were nothing like the pirates they'd encountered earlier.

There wouldn't be an immediate response to the Explorer's question; evidently, the construct before them needed time to think of a response.

EVERYTHING.

The construct turned, facing towards the planet.

THERE HAD ONCE BEEN A THRIVING CIVILIZATION ON OUR WORLD. WE HAD CLAIMED EVERY SPECK LAND AS OUR OWN. WE HAD NO DESIRE TO SPREAD THROUGH THE STARS. WE WERE CONTENT WITH WHAT WE HAD. THE FURTHEST WE WENT WAS LAUNCHING ME AS A GUARDIAN FOR ANY INTERGALACTIC THREATS.

BUT A SICKNESS SPREAD THROUGH THE LAND. THE ENTIRETY OF THE POPULATION WAS AFFECTED…AND THEY WERE UNABLE TO FIND A CURE IN TIME.

One need only look with their own eyes to see that there was nary a trace of civilization on the world; it had all been reclaimed by nature. The only sign there had even been one was the construct the Explorer was speaking with.

ALL THAT REMAINS IS ME, AND THE MEMORY I CARRY. AND THE WORLD THAT WAS LEFT BEHIND.

Just as the construct finished its words, the Explorer's ship received a message from their command: they wanted an update on the Explorer's mission.

But what would their answer be?

Prompt

Do as you wish.

Choose how to answer the message.

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
1,087 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2024 2:48:53 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]Tsubaki frowns.[break][break]

This world chose to content itself with what it had. No place to run, when the end arrived, it collapsed in on itself. She closes her eyes, shaking the thought of that doomed world from her mind.[break][break]

It was the very thing command was trying to prevent.[break][break]

"I'm sorry. You must get very bored out here alone."[break][break]

But it doesn't look like it wants any friends.[break][break]

She hesitates, opening command's message. With a sigh, she minimizes the tab. Command can wait. [break][break]

"I'm looking for a new home. My people want to expand, to avoid that same fate..."[break][break]

She trails off.[break][break]

Memories of a world she's never been, places she's never seen, events that have never happened flash before her eyes. A girl who had everything taken from her, desperate for a new home. Taking, taking, taking, because she was never given anything. It was only when she had asked for one thing, once, at her lowest moment, that a man had offered her a home.[break][break]

She cherished that more than anything.[break][break]

"But I ain't taking anything without permission. I ain't that kinda gal."[break][break]

"You know a place we can stay?"
[break][break]

+ [break]
+ Does as she wishes - asks the orb, delays her response to command

[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,667 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2024 23:49:47 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
[player]https://file.garden/Ze-SbFmahEcRvg_Y/HeartToHeart.mp3[/player]

[attr="class","puppycat"]Do you accept?
[attr="class","monody"]
That's an offer
I WAS NEVER PROGRAMMED TO FEEL BOREDOM. I HARDLY FEEL ANYTHING, SAVE FOR THE DESIRE TO PROTECT WHAT REMAINS, AND TO KEEP THIS WORLD SAFE FROM THOSE THAT WOULD DESPOIL IT.

The Explorer made their plea, knowing that their own civilization may one day face the same threat this one had.

THAT…SEEMS TO BE A REASONABLE DESIRE. I WOULD NOT WANT THE SAME FATE TO BEFALL ANOTHER SPECIES.

The first bit of sympathy offered by the construct. There was a brief pause before the construct spoke again.

I DO HAVE SEVERAL STAR CHARTS IN MY POSSESSION. EVEN IF WE NEVER SOUGHT TO EXPLORE THE COSMOS, THERE WERE STILL THOSE WHO OBSERVED IT FROM AFAR. THEY EVEN DISCOVERED WORLDS THAT COULD PERHAPS SUPPORT LIFE.

There was no assurance that those worlds would be as perfect as this one; they may lack the climate to support life, or they may not have the resources their civilization needed.

But they'd be something. And the Explorer could only put off answering their command for so long.

I ASK ONLY THIS: NEVER SPEAK OF ME OR THIS WORLD TO ANY OTHERS. AND NEVER COME HERE AGAIN.

PROMISE ME THIS, AND I WILL TRANSMIT THE STAR CHARTS TO YOU.

All it would take was that promise - and accepting they may never have the same golden opportunity as they did now.

Prompt

Do you accept?

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

Nagato

Baki
She/Her
December 21
Saffron City
Bi
Gym Leader
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
awards
1,087 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
MIND OVER MATTER [GYM]
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2024 4:17:52 GMT
[nospaces]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]"That's a promise."[break][break]

She'd shake this giant planetoid's hand if she could, but her word would have to do. She glances down at her screen, and accepts the message from her superiors. [break][break]

"Ship, tell them I just came across some star charts. I'll send them in a moment."[break][break]

The pioneer of the planets bleeps affirmatively, and Tsubaki opens comms with the planetoid right in front of her again.[break][break]

"I won't tell a soul about you. Like the Easter Buneary, or Santa's Deliberd. [break][break]

I do have one question, though... "
[break][break]

She hesitates. It's awkward, but she feels like she needs to ask.[break][break]

"How do you deal with... not being able to save them?"[break][break]

Whatever she means by that, she isn't quite sure herself. Whatever compels her question is a fleeting glimmer from a world unknown, where flames and blood cover the streets, and a girl wanders the ruins alone. She cries til there aren't tears left, and collapses in a pile of ash and rubble. [break][break]

But the girl here has never experienced that. She grasps her head, the room spinning. [break][break]

+ [break]
+ Accepts

[/newclass]
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing