She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
Adversus Futurum Audacter
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2024 9:01:08 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[player]https://file.garden/Zdzpsbwq23DtYBNk/Area%20Zero%20Pok%C3%A9mon%20Scarlet%20%26%20Violet%20Extended%20Soundtrack%20OST.mp3[/player]

[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The war tent hums with activity as grunts rush in and out, reports filled with data and calculations are studied and compared, intern scientists collating conflicting results to find what was true about this new world the organization sought to conquer. The topology of the outermost regions of the Great Chasm had been mapped out to some degree, though exact data was somewhat difficult with how much fighting was going on between them, the League, and apparently some third faction that had set up camp? Xenon heard some reports that it was the DRK Triad, but she wouldn't believe anything until at least a week had passed.
[break][break]
At the deepest point within the tent a large table was set up in front of a large white screen, behind the table was a projector hooked up to a small disposable laptop. The primitiveness of the setup irked Xenon, but she could recognize the need to quickly pack up and destroy records should their camp come under attack. She had done much the same to a few League research bases in the past few days.
[break][break]
She was heading the push into Area Zero herself for a number of reasons, the foremost being of course that this new region most closely aligned with her research into Paradox Pokemon. But there were a few other things that caught her attention about the place, things that itched at her brain and needed to be scratched. Hence why she had called such a hasty meeting of Rockets top minds, as well as any other higher ups who might want to sit in and contribute to discussion on their push into the Great Chasm. There was even a special little seat set up for Mr. Declan Walsh if he should choose to show his face here, she had heard there were a few sightings of the shadowy Head of Rocket on the battlefield, whether it be covering escapes with the darkness or ordering in squads of Genesect to carpet bomb the League into a fine mist.
[break][break]
"Alright gang, let's get the boring stuff out of the way first. I'm sure my reputation precedes me at this point, but for those who don't know we'll do this little song and dance. My name is Xenon Civitas Antheil, I work as a scientist for Rocket specializing in Paradox Pokemon, more specifically the subsection of futuristic Paradoxes I have dubbed as Ultramodern Paradox Pokemon. Or just Ultramodern Paradoxes for short. I dabble in research into the Interdream Mist and Tera Crystals due to their association with Paradoxes, but I'm sure some here have much more familiarity with the subject than I. Anyone else like to introduce themselves or otherwise talk about their work within Rocket?" She stands in front of the projector screen with hands folded over her lap, steely eyes keenly observing everyone else who decided to come to the meeting.
[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.xenon]--accent:#a0a4a9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.xenon]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 4:34:11 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","becketttheobg"]

[attr="class","becketttheotxt"]

[attr="class","becketttheoicon"]
the push into area zero is a common goal shared across the entire organization, having trickled down from the very top of the hierarchy that sits their rocket boss.

when the call for introductions is made, , sat in one of the chairs like a diligent participant, speaks up.

"theo beckett, underboss."

in the rare instance where they might know who their underboss is, they do now.
[attr="class","underbossbecktag"]

[attr="class","becketttheopkmn"]

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt a]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote b]color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-value]border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs .progress]background: #aaa;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart]text-align:center; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 5:37:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
xenon civitas antheil.[break][break]

it was a name — that of an interesting woman she’d explored the area with only days prior. the enthusiastic one. the pioneer. the potential danger to society.[break][break]

among those xenon had gathered, lulu slipped into the back row to watch the meeting unfold. she was curious, somewhat amused at the excitement of a younger colleague, but also still trying to gauge just how deeply concerned she should be. most of it didn’t show on her face.[break][break]

when it seemed appropriate, she spoke, ”my name is lulu flint. i was once a head scientist for our organization.” she paused, taking curious note of the lack of familiarity in faces that had arrived in her months of absence.[break][break]

”since the leaking of the interdream zone began, much of my research has been focused on dreams and the mist.” she was not alone in her interest. hoenn’s dream-related phenomena had drawn other unorthodox scientists, too. still, she suspected that with the successful completion of the dream machine, and the addition of and the company abcon, team rocket had pulled far ahead of others in their research.[break][break]

”i’m curious about the secrets that still surround the tera crystal and paradox pokémon, as they are all undoubtedly related.”[break][break]

she was quick and to the point, more eager to know the thoughts of others, especially those she had not seen before.[break][break]

”looking forward to hearing from you all.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]adversus futurum audactor[break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Shiv

he/him
forty-two
saffron city
Hoenn TR Boss
Rocket Boss
6'4" height
6'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
87 posts
declan walsh DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @declan
declan walsh
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 7:12:13 GMT
declan walsh Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

like a spout of octillery ink, the rocket emerges from the webbing of shadow in the tent's corner. the deepest black drips off his hair and neck before gliding into the shape of his cape.[break][break]

he offers acknowledgement to those present. stiff and solemn nods.[break][break]

"do not mind me." walsh says. "pretend i am not even here."[break][break]

like a pale gargoyle, he stands in silence.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon darkrai"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#8c7ab4; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minimal .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2024 23:34:09 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The admin looked dreadful as he lumbered into the tent, weary and tired. It looked as if he had just lost a fight with a mountain. Sand, dust, and gravel caked his hair and shoulders. In his hand was a curled up map of a small section of Area Zero that he had personally charted.

"Sorry for the wait. I just had a mountain thrown at me. Good day, Lulu. Xenon." Howard bowed his head as he noticed the dark specter in the corner. "Boss Walsh. Underboss Beckett."

God, he hated this woman. Most of the time, she yelled at him. The rest of the time, she judged him. Past and future were branches that extended from the present, but the future was more uncontrollable of the two. The past was set in stone, an ironclad wall that could only accumulate more events set in stone.

The future? It was unreliable. Finnicky. Explosive.

At least she wasn't as derisive as before. Hopefully he could get through this meeting with minimal headache and then get some rest. Until then, introductions. It was a formality. He suspected that Walsh and Theo knew everything about every individual in this tent, from their credit card number to what they had for lunch a month ago.

Still, formalities were a shield. A paper one, but a shield nonetheless.

"Admin Fox. Geologist. Archaeologist." Howard raised his head and peered at Xenon's technobabble setup. He had no clue how it worked, but he kept his confusion hidden. "What's on the list?"

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2024 13:42:32 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

So this is the one that @cillian had mentioned to him. Amor pushed himself into the tent to find a few people that he recognized there, along with the big boss himself. A quirk of his brow formed, but he said nothing, and instead listened to introduce themselves, then one after the other the rest introduced themselves. He figured it was his turn.

"Head Scientist Amor Rose, I specialize in the various types of energy found in Hoenn, Primal, Infinity, and now I am expanding that to Tera, and Dynergy. Along with their effects on various phenomenon, and my other focused research is Avatars, and their associated legendaries." He expressed, and he took the seat next to the person he was most familiar with in this setting. Of course he knew of the others, but he wasn't going to be presumptuous, and sit next to an Underboss, and he didn't think he, and were at the 'sitting next to each other' stage in their relationship.

Some part of him still felt like she would just drive a knife into his thigh. So Howard was the safest bet, he gave his fellow Nebula operative a pleasant smile, and he remained silent so as to not interrupt their host.

, , , ,
close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2024 20:29:19 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[player]https://file.garden/Zdzpsbwq23DtYBNk/Area%20Zero%20Pok%C3%A9mon%20Scarlet%20%26%20Violet%20Extended%20Soundtrack%20OST.mp3[/player]

[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say Xenon was rather ecstatic about the crew she had gathered for this impromptu meeting of minds, some much much more interesting than others. Lulu Flint and Amor Rose were very nice additions, being able to present her findings to the people she considered her peers was a nice feather in her cap. Theo Beckett was also a good point in her favor, she was looking to take up position as one of the Head Scientists after all, she wanted to look good for one of the people who made big decisions like that.
[break][break]
But the truly unexpected surprise was Declan Walsh, that man she dueled so many times within the simulated sea inside the RKS System. Only once had she been able to beat him with the assistance of another, but she felt like she knew the man better than most after so many battles with that digital simulacrum of him at the fall of Fuschia City. Having his attention right now pushed this meeting up to maximum importance now, she'd have to be on her best behavior lest she find her wax wings melting and falling from her meteoric rise within Rocket.
[break][break]
Oh and Howard was here too.
[break][break]
"Well then, I suppose we should get right to it before the League figures out all the big shots are here. Last thing I need is some psychotic like catching wind of all of us in one spot and committing a few dozen war crimes in our direction." The mood is definitely tense with the big boss here and watching, but her tongue is as smooth as silk as she throws out a joke and moves to the side of the projector screen.
[break][break]
"Thank you for the map Admin Slayte, feel free to hand it to a grunt and we'll start disseminating the info to our cartography unit. We still don't know just how big this area is, but we'll get to that in a second." Xenon picks up a small remote in her right hand and points to the projector, clicking a button and moving to the first slide displaying an overhead view of the Giant Chasm.
[break][break]
"So first things first, lets set the scene. As you all know, we just got done with an extended fistfight with two Legendary Pokemon at the same time. These kinds of things are bound to alter the land irrevocably, no surprises there, but the last thing I think anyone expected to find was a whole ecosystem buried under the snow for us to find. Now I'm sure we all understand just how impossible it is for an entire functioning ecosystem filled with trees and waterfalls and wide sprawling plains to be directly under the Icelands, especially without anyone noticing until right now. So lets throw out a few theories huh? It's important for us to understand our environment before we can properly exploit it, anyone have any ideas just how the hell this place exists?" She smiles as she looks out to everyone around, even letting her gaze settle on Boss Walsh for a moment to see if he might have any ideas.
[break][break]
"I'll start, my pet theory I've been mulling over is that the Unbound Hoopa had swiped this entire ecosystem from somewhere else in the world, smoothly inserting it into the big hole it and Kyurem made and throwing all the dirt and ice that was here before into the ocean. But that's a devil's proof we should only defer to if we don't have any other ideas, the Legendary Pokemon are strong but if they're that strong then it opens up a very scary can of Orthworms that I don't think anyone wants to confront."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.xenon]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 7:28:58 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
unmistakable shadows gathered in the corner of her eye and she looked – not at , but past him, in every corner where it might be lurking.[break][break]

only a moment later, her attention was pulled away. she nodded at a worn down-looking , but not in agreeance. it wasn’t that good of a day. it had been bizarrely terrifying, as had the whole week, in a way she couldn’t fully describe for some reason.[break][break]

she glanced at on his way in but said nothing. to be fair, she’d said nothing to anyone directly since she’d arrived.[break][break]

as xenon pointed out that so many of their big wigs sat under one roof in a warzone, she crossed her arms and looked at the toes of her boots, kicking something on the ground lightly.[break][break]

”last thing any of us needs, really,” she muttered under her breath.[break][break]

with a sigh, then, she blinked wearily back up at the projected slide, and listened to the woman’s pet theory, her eyes pinched with focus.[break][break]

”interesting theory.” the hoopa was certainly up to something.[break][break]

she held back a moment, and then thought, fuck it. ”i’m sure i sound like a broken record at this point, but perhaps the environment could have also manifested from the interdream zone – like the paradox pokemon. the tera crystal is especially abundant here.”[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]adversus futurum audactor[break][break]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2024 9:47:53 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

without much delay, the meeting begins.

"from what i can recall, it was hoopa that tore the snowfield apart with its rings, so antheil's theory has legs. though, i would argue that the ecosystem was pulled from another universe entirely. perhaps, another timeline."

beyond the fact that the GIANT CHASM and AREA ZERO are littered in TERA CRYSTALS, the presence of PARADOX POKEMON, both past and future, seem to support his argument.

"the interdream zone would also support that theory," he nods in agreement with .

then, after a pause, he speaks again, addressing the rest of the room.

"on the topic of hoopa, it would be wise for us to prepare for our next encounter with it. to do so, we should heed its words, bring together water, fire and earth."

he looks up from his journal, having written it down shortly after the incident.

"any ideas?"

[newclass=.becketttheobg]background:url('https://i.imgur.com/2BdJS3Z.png');width: 715px; height: 436px; clip-path: polygon(0 0, 680px 0, 680px 105px, 100% 105px, 100% 100%, 0 100%); position:absolute; margin-top:-30px; margin-left:-30px; pointer-events: none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt]margin:-40px 105px -40px 135px; position: relative; z-index: 2; padding: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt b]font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins';color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt i]font-style:italic; border-bottom:1px solid #474747; color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoicon] margin: 2px 18px 7px 1px; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; overflow: hidden; float: left; background-color: #303030; background-size: contain;[/newclass]
[newclass=.underbossbecktag]text-align:center;border-top:#555 solid 1px;padding-top:10px;margin-top:20px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt blockquote]border:1px solid #aaa; background:transparent; margin: 0px; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheotxt .vdice-box]background: transparent; border: 1px solid #aaa; border-radius:3px; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheodice]font:800 20px Poppins; line-height:80px; text-align:center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postruinnote]border-width: 6px 6px 6px 6px;border-style:solid;border-radius:10%;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/IxR9pR1.png') 6 6 6 6 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;background:#aaa;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheotxt .audiojs]background: transparent; color:#aaa; border:1px solid #aaa; margin-bottom:-12px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheopkmn]width:365px; display:flex; justify-content:center; align-items:center; margin-bottom: 20px; margin-left:145px;margin-top: -20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(100%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheopkmn img:hover]opacity:0.8;filter: grayscale(0%); transition-timing-function: ease-in-out; transition-duration: 0.5s;[/newclass]

[newclass=.becketttheoart img]height:100px; width: 363px; object-fit:cover; border:1px solid #aaa; border-radius:5px; position:relative; z-index:1; filter:grayscale(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartdrk]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#303030; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-104px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=.becketttheoartlght]height:100px; width: 363px; border-radius:5px; background:#aaa; margin-left:1px; margin-top:-100px; position:relative; z-index:2; mix-blend-mode: darken;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2024 4:41:24 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Xenon points at Lulu casually as she speaks, a grunt in the corner opposite of Walsh starts transcribing her words and theories word for word. "It's a good theory, no shame in pointing out the obvious when no one else has. The Interdream has been making some big encroachments on our reality, it's good that we have such talented researchers looking into it now with more on the way. Adding onto that, my theory has always been that the Interdreams is directly pulling from the past and future when it brings us those Paradox Pokemon, so maybe the Chasm is similar."
[break][break]
And then Theo Beckett brings up an even better addendum. "That's a very good line of thought Underboss Beckett. It might be worth studying the Infinity Energy that saturates the area, could be markedly different from our own in some way. Study study study, we've got the resources to pursue lots of lines of thinking, lets throw our weight at this project, I see a lot of potential in this frontier."
[break][break]
On the topic of Hoopa indeed. "This one is probably an area where I'm ill suited to speak. I can probably assume its referring to legendary beasts of some sort, one of the various trios that populate the world. But if you wanted me to hazard a guess as to which one, I'm afraid I couldn't give an answer." Her eyes dart towards Howard as she finishes up, raising an eyebrow curiously. "Though I do know one fossil obsessed bore who might know all about these kinds of things. I'm sure he would have a very good idea what fire earth and water might be referring to."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,382 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2024 17:00:50 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
her own theory was similar to that of xenon and – that the interdream zone acted as a liminal space, through which things from other universes and places in time were passing.[break][break]

however, at ’pointing out the obvious,’ her eyes averted, feeling a little degraded by it. xenon had previously sped off in that chasm without so much as a goodbye, after inviting the former head scientist to walk in her footsteps.[break][break]

lulu's desire to remain there waned, but she stayed anyways, listening as she’d planned to. rocket’s knowledge was no longer handed to her these days. sometimes, she had to go digging for it.[break][break]

her amber gaze slid over to find the fossil-obsessed bore she could only assume to be .[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]adversus futurum audactor[break][break]

close tab

played by

Solo

Seraphim
He, Him
June 25th
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Heterosexual
Billionaire, Playboy
Head Scientist
"I can't take the pressure....I'm gone beyond repair...."
awards
1,875 posts
Amor Rose DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @solo
Amor Rose
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2024 19:16:20 GMT
Amor Rose Avatar

Amor for his part was getting tired of all the legends giving them vague prophecies with zero actual hint on what to do....Why couldn't they just say what they wanted them do? It would have made life so much easier for the lot of them.

"Was there anything more to the Prophecy?" He asked , it was a surprisingly short one, and he'd want to know more if there was more. Still for the moment there was little to contribute lest he just rehash what the others said. At all of their gazes turning to he just flashed his companion a smile. While he didn't think Howard was a bore like the rest, he didn't necessarily appreciate this unknown grunts rudeness to the admin. Though he'd let it slide if for no other reason than he figured it wasn't worth dealing with at the moment.

"Do we know if this is the same Hoopa that was bound to someone from the League?" Amor only knew about this due to Adontis. His Pikachu had apparently gotten into a scuffle with the little genie at some function he attended a long time ago, though he struggled to remember who it belonged to. Perhaps a quick search of the League records from his newly acquired hacker might provide some insight.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,334 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 5:10:59 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar

his eyebrow raises in tandem with the pointing of 's finger, his gaze shifting over to for moments before falling back on the ultramodernist. his expression, as always, betrays little.

"it would be wise to show a bit more respect to those with longer tenure, antheil. you may then discover the value of collaboration along with the deep pool of knowledge and experience at your disposal."

he pauses to help the words sink in.

"as valuable as your expertise and vigor are, you still operate under a hierarchy; all of us do; so do remember to check with head scientist rose on what resources can be spared."

without missing a beat, he turns to to address their question.

"it seemed to imply that the only way to contend with it is to bring the three elements together. how exactly, i'm unsure. it may be safe to assume that the elements would help contain it, and then perhaps control it."

a nod follows.

"it is the same hoopa."

after a beat, he continues, pivoting to a project he has sponsored since its conception: 's PROJECT INIFINITY.

"with so many legendaries in play, even here in area zero, beast frost's initiative with project infinity may prove to be the difference. we will continue to track, learn, contain, and conquer. that is how we will get ahead."

close tab

played by

Magnetic

The Galarian
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 8:08:48 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
"That's me. The bore."

Xenon's mockery is met with a genial tone as the admin flicked through some ledgers and reports. There's no need to defend his honor in front of so much of upper command. Each time the scientist spoke, she slandered herself. Instead of biting back with his own words, Howard lets speak for his subordinate. When he chastises Xenon, all the admin does is raise an eyebrow at her.

There is no need to interrupt your opponent when she is making a mistake.

"I do." The admin nods at Theo and Amor in gratitude. Bonds build through cooperation often paid dividends over bonds formed from derision. "I have a guess, though not from my travels. I've been taking some time to read up on the various knickknacks we've been collecting in the RKS Simulation."

Howard reading anything from the RKS Simulation was a big surprise, given he didn't even know how the simulated world worked.

"There's a bottle in there made from Arceus's plates. That is likely the key. I have a question, though. I leave this up to the veterans."

He gestures at Lulu, Theo, and Amor. For a man on the verge of collapsing from overwork, his eye was very alert. It gleamed with the same light that it got whenever a new shipment of bones arrived at Sootopolis.

"Can we trust Hoopa's word?" He crossed his arms. "Why would it tell us anything that would further our cause, and not its own? Is there any chance that this could be a trick?"

close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2024 9:38:00 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Xenon's attention slides back to Theo. A thorough reprimanding, though one she didn't take all too seriously judging by her facial expression. "Jeez, you act like I just called the guy a worthless Slugma. It's just a friendly joke between colleagues who have nearly died together, that's all. But fine fine, serious work mode." She waves off any further complaints and turns the meeting back to its intended purpose, discussing the discoveries of Area Zero.
[break][break]
And Howard proves just why she had called attention to him in the first place, actually bringing focus to a little piece of the RKS System even she hadn't paid that much attention to. Those strange little Curios and knickknacks she had found herself picking up from time to time. A replica of the Violet Book, some scarlet orb connected to Groudon, so on and so forth. She knew they were important in some way, but she just didn't have enough of the puzzle to really put it together, so she had set it aside for the time. But now it seemed as though Howard of all people had managed to shine a light on things that she never considered.
[break][break]
"Admin Slayte brings up a very good point. Trusting the word of a literal trickster djinni might be a bit short sighted on our part, it could be feeding us red herrings to waste our time. Or worse, actively screw us over." She lets the meeting linger on that point for a minute before clearing her throat and moving to the next slide.
[break][break]
"In any case, there's a lot more ground to cover here. Area Zero and the Giant Chasm exist, we still don't really know how they exist, a mystery to be investigated certainly. But I think it's my job to point out the obvious now where nobody else has, the metaphorical Copperajah in the room. The name, Area Zero." The slide clicks over, half of the screen is various photos of Area Zero taken by grunts and herself. But the other half is... also various photos of Area Zero.
[break][break]
"To give a brief breakdown of what I'm talking about, we need to talk about Paldea's geography. Paldea is divided into four provinces, each with three Areas, except for the South Province which has six. But at the very center of Paldea is of course the Great Crater of Paldea, and at its deepest depths are what is colloquially known as Area Zero. Now I'm not going to bore you with the details of how I got these pictures of Paldea's Area Zero, it was a lot of money, but what's important is that based on what limited observations I could make of Paldea's versus our own Area Zero... the two are almost identical in nature." Xenon lets that sink in for the room for a moment, her eyes gliding over everyone's reactions as she drops this information for everyone.
[break][break]
"And again, I can't confirm whether or not they're completely identical. To the best of my knowledge, Paldea's Area Zero has been completely sealed off for years, and we don't have any kind of official presence in Paldea. At least not enough to try and infiltrate one of their most closely guarded national secrets. But to the best of my understanding, the only difference between ours and theirs is that ours seems to run under all of Hoenn through the Terastal cavern network spread throughout the region. Oh and the Paradox Pokemon that have utterly infested ours of course, but that's again a later slide."

[attr="class","ooc"]
[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]