[attr="class","inactive"]

[attr="class","inactive"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge

THE ANTICIPATION HATTERENE WILL DYNAMAX AFTER TWO MOVES FROM YOUR PARTY.[break][break]
ENSURE THAT THE HATTERENE DOES NOT "SHUDDER" (ABILITY).[break]
ATTACK IT WITH AT LEAST 2 MOVES (OF A TYPE THAT WOULD BE SUPER-EFFECTIVE AGAINST HATTERENE) THAT WILL SWITCH IT OUT.

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_qcgk9qOteT1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player][break][break][break]

THE NINTH FLOOR IS CLEARED! the dojo student moves to the side, allowing you access to the wooden staircase that leads you to the tenth floor.[break][break]

NINTH FLOOR REWARDS:[break]
[break][break][break]

WHEN YOU ENTER THE TENTH FLOOR, a man awaits you with a hatterene. you're quite high up now. this room is incredibly vast, and its ceiling is incredibly high. at the end of the room, the staircase leads up to the roof of the tower, it seems.[break][break]

"THIS TOWER IS BUILT ON A PECULIAR POWER SOURCE," the man says. he speaks calmly, nary a spike or bow to his tone. "IT ALLOWS MY HATTERENE TO GROW TO AN INCREDIBLE SIZE."[break][break][break]

with a breath, the man opens his eyes. he explains the challenge, and allows you all to make the first move.[break][break][break]

CLEARING THIS FLOOR WILL REWARD YOU:[break]

[attr="class","raidInstr"]
instructions

• please refer to the event thread for more information.
  • read challenges carefully.
  • please include the moveset of your pokemon somewhere in your post.
  • as a reminder, the hatterene's anticipation will check your pokemon on turn one; furthermore, the hatterene will dynamax after two moves from your party.
  • you can only commit to ONE MOVE and you can only summon ONE POKEMON.
  • remember to BOLD USED POKEMON MOVES/ABILITIES/ITEMS.
  • you may want to coordinate with your other roleplayers about what the first move will be.
  • on this floor, there is no need to roll.
[break][break][break]

PLEASE POST IN MOD REQS AFTER EVERYONE HAS POSTED.
[break][break][break]

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
TOWER CHALLENGE: #5
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 18:19:18 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illiepost"]
[attr="class","illieicon"]
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]she's the first to step up for the challenge after switching out pokemon with the rotomi. somehow they need a specific sequence in order to slip past this challenge and there's no other choice but to fight hatterene with hatterene.

her own almost looks bored as she settles beside her. maybe it's simply not loud enough yet for her to care much...

"magic powder, please," she murmurs. the psychic/fairy type doesn't bother to wait for the added word, instead already ushering out a MAGIC POWDER onto the opposing hatterene. it succeeds in shifting the other into a pure psychic typing.

her head turns to look to the next in their makeshift order.

[attr="class","illietag"]
[attr="class","illiepoke"]

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie b] color:#E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illie i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illiepoke] width:300px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

devon
he/him
twenty-nine
june 12
rustboro
straight
advisor
ex-champion
406 height
406 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,830 posts
part of
TAG WITH @stone
ALEXANDER STONE
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 18:36:37 GMT
ALEXANDER STONE Avatar
[attr="class","devonpost"]back to the rotomi, alexander switches out for the next solution and this time help comes not from the head scientist but the elite four. stormy's espeon appears and the little shake of his head gives away his confusion.

"SKILL SWAP, please." 

through whatever psychic powers, espeon's MAGIC BOUNCE and the hatterene's ANTICIPATION are now swapped. alexander turns to the remaining two and allows them their turns.

[newclass=.devonpost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.devonpost b]color:#6c9975;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 18:43:37 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Francie goes for a swap while Alex and the espeon are at work. She grins before also borrowing one of Stormy's pokemon, tossing out a cute little alolan meowth and waving her hand toward the now OMG HUGE hatterene. Francie's a little taken aback by the size, having never seen anything like it, but that doesn't stop her from commanding their strategy.

"Parting shot!"

The meowth gives Francie a look before immediately beginning to sass at the hatterene, in an attempt to get it to switch out using parting shot.

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#DEA02C!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 18:47:49 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class","kheaderbig"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","league"]

Anticipation creeps down her spine, but the Hatterene's is replaced with MAGIC BOUNCE. Stormy watches Illeana and Alex take control of the situation, and by the type the enemy Dynamaxes it would give her and Francie the opening they needed.[break][break]

By changing the Hatterene to psychic type, the Pokemon is wide open for both Stormy and Francie to hit it hard with a farewell.[break][break]

She retrieves her Thievul from the rotomi.[break][break]

"Parting shot."[break][break]

From the Thievuls mouth is a bizarre dark type move. Hopefully it would be a success alongside Francie's.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]tldr: thievul used parting shot

[attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"] [attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheaderbig]width:350px;height:215px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,753 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 20:46:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.raidBG]--raidColor:#dc4b4b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","raidBG"]
[attr="class","raidHead"]
[attr="class","raidHeadBG"]

[attr="class","raidUsers"]

[attr="class","userPkmn"]
[attr="class","userHealth"]
[attr="class","userHP GREEN"]

[attr="class","userHP GREEN"]

[attr="class","userHP YELLOW"]

[attr="class","userHP YELLOW"]

[attr="class","raidPkmn"]

[attr="class","raidInfo"]
[attr="class","raidName"]11: URSHIFU

[attr="class","raidHealth"]
[attr="class","raidHP"]
[attr="class","GREEN"]

[attr="class","raidBarrier"]
[attr="class","activ"]

[attr="class","activ"]

[attr="class","activ"]

[attr="class","activ"]

[attr="class","activ"]

[attr="class","status NONE"]
[attr="class","th th-fire"]
BRN

[attr="class","raidText"]

[attr="class","gardenStats"]
challenge

REACH OR PASS THE A TOTAL OF 1000 WITH YOUR ROLLS.[break]
AVOID MATCHING THE ROLLED NUMBERS.

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_qceym8axUY1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break][break][break][break][break]

THE TENTH FLOOR IS CLEARED! the hatterene reverts back as the dojo student steps aside. a hatch opens at the end of the wooden staircase before you. a shaft of sun and a briny breeze billows from the opening.[break][break]

TENTH FLOOR REWARDS:[break]
[break][break][break]

ONCE YOU ASCEND THE STAIRS, you find yourselves looking upon an incredible vista of hoennian sea. the roof of the tower is a flat, square-shaped plane, like a ring for martial artists to duel upon. there are no rails or fences for safety; however, several medicham are stationed nearby— presumably, to catch anyone or any pokemon from falling into the sea.[break][break]

"CONGRATULATIONS ON MAKING IT THIS FAR!" the tower's master, or at least, one of them, is a grisly man. his bushy hair is a mane across his bearish shoulders. "NOW THIS IS YOUR FINAL TEST."[break][break][break]

he tosses a pokeball to the center of the battlefield. red light unsheathes a powerful looking pokemon in black and white fur. this urshifu is a pokemon you have never seen before, perhaps thanks to the galarian embargo. however, even then, those from galar may find this species to be elusive.[break][break][break]

"DEFEAT MY SINGLE-STRIKE URSHIFU." the man says. "SHOULD YOU MAKE ONE FALSE MOVE, HE WILL STRIKE YOU OFF THE TOWER." his solemn glance softens into a well-humored smile. "BUT OUR MEDICHAM WILL PSYCHICALLY SEIZE THEM BEFORE THEY FALL, OF COURSE." he gestures to his pokemon, "I WOULD HAVE CONSIDERED LETTING YOU ALL FACE MY RAPID-STRIKE URSHIFU, BUT SHE'S TUCKERED OUT WITH A NEW LITTER..."[break][break][break]

[break][break][break]

the urshifu assumes fighting posture and awaits the first move from your team's pokemon.[break][break][break]

CLEARING THIS FLOOR WILL REWARD YOU:[break]
??

[attr="class","raidInstr"]
instructions

• please refer to the event thread for more information.
  • read challenges carefully.
  • for this challenge, you have five lives. rolling one of the rolled numbers above means that your pokemon will be knocked out and struck off the tower by a single strike from this urshifu. if all five lives are expended, the fight ends. similarly, the fight ends when your roll totals add up to or surpass 1000.
  • if your pokemon is knocked out, you can sub in another pokemon from your team; furthermore, salac berries can be used in this round to replace your roll.
  • you must roll with any post you make, regardless of whether you are attacking, buffing, protecting, etc. you must collaboratively roleplay a fight against this urshifu (no mod posts).
  • you do not need to maintain a posting order. in other words, other characters can post between each other without cycling through every character on your team. however, everyone should contribute posts this final round.
[break][break][break]

PLEASE POST IN MOD REQS ONCE YOU HAVE MET THE OBJECTIVE OR HAVE BEEN STRUCK FIVE TIMES.
[break][break][break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 21:04:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Exiting the tower, reaching that final platform, Francie just grinned.

"You guys, we made it!"

She quickly and excitedly gave them all good job claps that died as she saw the bear of a man and his bear, and heard the challenge. Damn, this wasn't going to be easy. She winced and frowned, but took a pokeball at her belt and furrowed her brows in determination.

"We've got this, guys!"

Despite the tension, despite the issues, they were working together and showing they were a force to be reckoned with. At least, that's what it looked like to Miss Myrtle anyway.

"Lincoln! Let's go!"

Her first pokemon she released was her midday lycanroc, who gave a bark of attention when released.

"Accelerock!"

9_ec5Gyu

[newclass=.witness] font-size: 13px; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness b] font: bold 13px roboto; color:#DEA02C!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.witness h2] margin-top: 10px; text-align:center; margin-bottom: -10px;[/newclass] [newclass=.witness img] margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 21:12:09 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Holy shit, they made it.

Stormy huffs, winded as she charges up the stairs to the final floor. Theres a man with a bear even bigger than he is, and she knows even before he explains that this will be a hard final battle.

And yet, she's never felt more confident.

Francie takes the lead with one of her Lycanroc and Stormy joins the fray with her Donphan.

"Bulldoze!"

FlBwDN67

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 21:15:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Stormy's connection has Francie letting out an eager laugh. They managed two decent hits thus far, and it has Francie grinning with confidence.

Hopefully it's not short lived.

"Rock tomb, slow it down!"

With a glow of his fur, the lycanroc summons pieces of stone from the very ring itself to trap the urshifu within.

[break][break]S9DZp2|G

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 21:21:56 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]The bulldoze connects, pushing the bear back just slightly. It allows the bear to miss his attack, giving them all an opening.

And by god they they take it.

"Keep it up, rapid spin!"

Like a beyblade from hell, Donphan races to clash.

0X4qwjEq

Salacing·
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 21:25:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]shit, they really made it this far? it's already chaos and she's just now diving into the mix. naturally, she's quick to swap her hatterene for a more familiar face... after all, who is illeana reyes without a ninetales?

"help them out! inferno!"

flames are quick to leave the off-colored fox's mouth, swirling and spreading until it's all fire around their opponent.

iIDuV|vF

[newclass=.illiepost] width:350px; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:justify; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; padding-left:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illieicon] height:100px; width: 100px; float:left; padding-right:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illietag] width:300px; text-transform:lowercase; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:right; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 21:30:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]Stormy's near miss had Francie sweating, but she pulled it out. Good ol' Stormy, basically carrying them through the thing with all the switches and swaps in that rotomi.

"Rock slide!"

Using the rocks from his previous rock tomb, the lycanroc manages to avoid being hit, hopefully, by collapsing the rocks atop the beast.

[break][break]uTsXQSFI

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 21:35:45 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]is any progress being made? she's not sure. what she does know, however, is that they need to keep chipping away. hit it until it breaks, in the wise words of oikawa tooru!

and hit it she does. "fire blast!"

adding more fire to already existing fire sounds like a solid plan, right? oh well. the ninetales is quick to let loose another set of flames from her mouth, adding to the already blazing inferno.

QZD6uzi2

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 21:44:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","witness"]With each hit Francie can feel her blood temperature rising. She's excited, and far too greedy for more. It urges her to strike once more. Their combinations are practically flawless thus far.

"Accelerock again!"

[break][break]VkpmXdRq

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,109 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2020 21:50:43 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illie b"]
[attr="class","illie i"]the grin she flashes in francie's direction is excited, almost too much so. they're doing well so far and any lingering tension fades into hella good teamwork. who knew three girls could possibly conquer a tower?

"feint attack!"

flammae rushes forward with every intention of hitting their opponent where it hurts. and while she'd normally be worried about possible dodging, this isn't exactly a full battle and feint attack's power lies in the concept that it always lands its strikes.

ZOmB|Cfo