TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
Promenade of Roses [Mini-Event]
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2022 20:29:15 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

WTF, MAN

BLACK ROSE PROMPT

recipient: [break]
post summary: Ruminating on death and how close it has encroached within their friends’ circle (the Follies), Arashi thinks back on how many times he’d come so close to being claimed too early by the reaper’s scythe—only to be saved by his sheer dumb luck.

The two, who are now the Follies’ oldest (and most responsible Arashi, responsible?) members, now want to look into the cause of death that had killed their friend way too soon—and won’t be afraid to resort to physicality should shit hit the fan.[break]
character redeeming reward?:
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 17:25:28 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar

HIDDEN POWER

PEACH ROSE - SYMBOL OF enthusiasm & mutual passions

Recipient: [break]
Post Summary: In which Mars and Adrian go to Meteor Falls during a distortion after it becomes an entry in the Unown Report, with the goal of seeing if the Unown react in any particular way to the location. In this post, all of their Unown are released at the same time, forming a swarm of 49.

I think this post (as well as the thread in general) is really relevant to Mars and Adrian’s relation, because their mutual interest in Unown is something that has united them since they met. Originally, Mars’ interest in them was mostly for the sake of understanding the Unown Report, while Adrian cared more about collecting all forms, but Mars has come to develop a certain respect for the collector mentality and has decided to also try to keep a full collection! While he may not say it, Mars is really thankful to have someone like Adrian sharing this interest of his, especially because his bond with the Unown Report can often lead to a desperation to understand it.

I also want to say that OOCly it’s been really great to share this with Fonz. We both care a lot about Unown and the report, and I’d like to think that it’s something that has brought us together. He has been such a supportive friend through all of this and I looove writing with him, so I really look forward to seeing how this thread further develops ♡

Character redeeming reward?:

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 18:35:56 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

EVICTION NOTICE

RED ROSE PROMPT

post summary: Priscilla receives tender treatment from . She tries to show him, who she now considers a friend, some manner of friendly affection, but only succeeds in giving him a smile [break]

WHERE THERE'S THUNDER

WHITE ROSE PROMPT

recipient:
[break]
post summary: Elinor listens to Josh speaking about his own dreams. And she proclaims that she hopes, no, KNOWS that his dream will come true one day.
[break]character redeeming reward?:

BUY THE STARS

PEACH ROSE PROMPT

post summary: Elinor shares in Annalise's excitement at spending yet more time with her 'bestie' She proclaims this, perhaps a bit too easily and enthusiastically [break]

QUICK ACT COOL

YELLOW ROSE PROMPT

post summary: Johanna starts to consider Ruby a friend. Perhaps it will be a one-sided friendship, perhaps not. But Johanna's inner monologue acknowledges that it might be the latter.[break]

RASPBERRY GUM

BLUE ROSE PROMPT

post summary: Elinor shares with Callan the secret of her emotional struggle with becoming her own person, while breaking the chains of her controlling parents. [break]

PARTY HARD, OR NOT?

PURPLE ROSE PROMPT

post summary: Elinor is enjoying a nice birthday party, parting in all the finger-food delicacies and talking about very important topics with everyone's beloved E4 representative Matias. [break]

A FLOWER FOR CHARITY

PINK ROSE PROMPT

post summary: Shows her appreciation for Elisabeth's floral work of artistry and proclaims that she could not make any improvements to it. [break]

PROVE THYSELF

BLACK ROSE PROMPT

post summary: Elinor with the memories of all the Pokémon lost at Sootopolis, she tries to tastefully begin a conversation about the disaster at Sootopolis with Penelope, the journalist who covered the event for HBS. [break]
close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
283 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2022 20:28:01 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

a reunion — of sorts.

BLUE ROSE PROMPT

post summary: One secret after another revealing itself—Arashi finds out that the person he considered his mother isn’t who he thought it would be.

That the only thing he had in common was mostly with his deceased father (rest his wild soul), and now another secret revealed: he’s not who he thought he was after all this time.

(He always thought why he looked different from his younger siblings, and guess what, that comes to light in this entire thread.)

Enter his actual mother into the picture. So of course he doesn’t know how to fully comprehend this information and is pretty much in a state of disbelief.[break]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 23:39:45 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

WTF, MAN

BLACK ROSE PROMPT

post summary: Doug and Arashi meet after the news of 's death break out. [break]
Desensitized to death, a tired, jaded Doug arrives at the morgue to look upon his friend one last time.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 19:41:33 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

CHASING VISIONS

BLUE ROSE PROMPT

post summary: Doug assists Eris in her research of the terrifying, unknown 'Darkest Day', attempting to find historical records that might be related to it. He assist mostly via emotional support and emergency ice cream, but he reads a book or two as well. [break]
He's honestly just happy Eris is doing something other than nearly getting herself killed, really. Finding out cool secrets in the meanwhile is just a bonus.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 19:52:52 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

BATTLE LITANY

RED ROSE PROMPT

post summary: Best girl Cait is Doug's mom for 29 posts straight. Doug could only love this woman more if he didn't hate himself. [break]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,224 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 20:12:00 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

EGGIES

YELLOW ROSE PROMPT

post summary: Gwyar meets a brilliant young lady while picking up his Aegislash' egg from the special daycare. They both express an interest in the recent phenomenon of Pokerus found in some freshly born pokemon, and Gwyar arranges for a possible second meeting in the future, so that Shizue may research the virus at her leisure.

Far as Gwyar, a guy with no friends living in a tiny apartment in a city ruled by a Gang of thugs, is concerned, that's a new friend right there.

Pity she's also a member of said group of thugs. Whoops.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 20:35:20 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

A NEW HOME

RED ROSE PROMPT

post summary: They talk about their future together and what it has in store as they purchase their new home as a couple <3 [break]
close tab

played by

Ceej

Memo
He/him
August 26
Spikemuth, Galar Region
Homosexual
Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
it gets lonely in this gangster's paradise
awards
1,175 posts
part of
TAG WITH @memo
Guillermo Marceliño
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 16:37:39 GMT
Guillermo Marceliño Avatar

LEAVE THE LIGHT ON

RED ROSE PROMPT

post summary: In which a noble hero rushes to the rescue of his prince in distress and realizes he's really in it, now, huh? [break]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Jun 13, 2022 4:46:57 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar

WHERE THE WILD THYME BLOWS

WHITE ROSE - SYMBOL OF HOPE & INNOCENCE

Recipient: [break]
Post Summary: In which Mars and Elisabeth speak of power and powerlessness, and how to obtain the former. Mars gives Elisabeth advice based on his own experiences, and tells her about the difficult road ahead. A lot is revealed regarding the hopes and ambitions of both characters, and Mars actually says he believes Elisabeth to be capable of much – which is a rarity considering he isn't usually one to believe in people.

This is one of my favourite threads because of how deeply introspective it is for both characters. Mars is not someone who easily sympathises with people, much less someone who opens up to just anyone and speaks of himself, but he sees a lot of himself in Elisabeth, and that led to him sharing things about his past and about the reasons behind his ambitions that he really hasn’t told anyone in Hoenn before.

I really enjoy their dynamic, and Scarlet is such a joy to write with. She always indulges me in my silly poetic tangents and our threads are soooo fun to write ♡ Love you, Scarlet. Thank you for being my friend and rping with me.

Character redeeming reward?:

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2022 0:00:27 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

SPARKS (PAST)

YELLOW ROSE PROMPT

post summary: Two idiot rookie Rangers get paired up together and realize that a lot of mistakes are going to be made.

Basically: when Lars had only gotten transferred back to Hoenn from Alto Mare, has to go through the Ranger training all over again because his Alto Marean training ain’t going to count here, and gets paired up with a fellow troublemaker. They legit don’t know what the hell they’re doing.

Mistakes were definitely made, it’s so crazy they become friends over this.[break]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2022 21:44:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

leave the light on

RED ROSE PROMPT

post summary: This is around the point where someone realizes that he may be in more than deep like with the other, but there is something holding him back from fully admitting this to his unicorn knight.

Time to find that key, Memo.[break]
close tab

played by

milky

ollie, oliver
he/him
august 5
pallet town, kanto
bi (complicated)
evergrande
head ranger
everyone's a sucker for a taste of glory
awards
2,321 posts
part of
TAG WITH @ollie
ollie morales
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2022 15:00:48 GMT
ollie morales Avatar
[nospaces]

SPARK ANOTHER ONE

YELLOW ROSE

post summary:
ollie and lars go on yet another adventure together, as part of the second commitment act. from an unlikely friendship that bloomed between the two during their initial training session as new cadets, ollie and lars have a fun back and forth that i absolutely love writing. ollie's cheerful personality and lars hilarious snark is a great combination, and ven is a great thread partner.

[break][break] in this thread ollie shows up with one of lars' stolen alto mare ranger outfits (which is a reference to their first thread together) and the two go investigate shoal cave in search of some spheals in need of help. the two bond over heated pocket warmers and icky slugs.

close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,662 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2022 4:31:37 GMT
mint frost Avatar

sticky situation

BLACK ROSE PROMPT

post summary: gavin witnesses mint being a baby back bitch and cacio eats a man [break]

sticky situation

PURPLE ROSE PROMPT

post summary: felix mint and jayden gonna be bad and indulge. im tlaking pizza, juice, pouches popcorn & more [break]