TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Promenade of Roses [Mini-Event]
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2022 2:33:01 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar

ISN'T IT A LOVELY DAY?

BLACK ROSE - SYMBOL OF DEATH

Recipient: [break]
Post Summary: In which Mars and Oscar go for a nice stroll… while hunting down a Rocket defector. This thread really shows how things like death and having to kill have become rather normalised for people like them, given that they both know that this is a job they need to get done for Team Rocket. There’s no questioning it, no doubts, or second thoughts, and until the moment they find their mark, both of them act as if they were just enjoying a nice day outdoors.

This has been soooo fun to write. The juxtaposition between them acting as if they were just out for a picnic and their real intent is hilarious, and the way Hollow writes Oscar is always incredible. I’ve really enjoyed exploring the dynamic between Mars and Oscar, and I’m looking forward to their future threads together. ♡

Character redeeming reward?:

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 3:12:30 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar

AN ERRAND MOST FOWL

YELLOW ROSE

recipient: [break]
post summary: On the day of her first beer delivery to Howling at the Moon, Nomi helped the bar's proprietor, , shoo off a devious Pelipper that had roosted on top of the bar's main powerline. Zev, thankful for Nomi's efforts, rewarded the young woman with a speciality cocktail on the house. While they unloaded Nomi's craft beer together, Nomi expressed her appreciation for Howling at the Moon's cozy interior, and told Zev she hoped this would be the beginning of a friendship, as much as a business partnership, between the two of them.[break]
character redeeming reward?:
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,337 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 3:24:16 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar

THANK YOU FOR PLAY!

PEACH ROSE

post summary: Not much of a gamer, when Jack invited Nomi to try out the demo for a brand new virtual reality game at the Slateport Mall, Nomi wasn't entirely sure what to expect. As soon as she jumped into the first boss fight, however, she found herself getting swept up in the excitement of the epic battle! She loved the healing and protection abilities of her chosen RPG class (as well as the cute outfit of her in-game avatar), and though the fight felt incredibly realistic (and therefore scary, at times), she didn't back down. Jack, a more experienced gamer, did his part as well, and together, the two friends were able to complete the demo and defeat the boss. Afterwards, Nomi expressed to Jack how much she enjoyed playing the game, telling him that she now totally understood why video games were an interest of his, especially during down time at home when he wasn't traveling around for his blog. She can't wait to play again![break]
close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,314 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 5:07:54 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar

EVICTION NOTICE

RED ROSE PROMPT

post summary: Isaac knows his empathetic streak runs way, way deeper than he wishes it would sometimes. There's a reason why he has a policy of never look back at what he's done, for better or worse. Naturally, that means when he does look back, he finds himself stepping up to the plate for others harder than he ever expected to. Through sheer happenstance, Priscilla broke through that shell, and now Isaac's stuck trying to figure out what the heck it all means. One thing's clear, though; on at least some level he cares for her, and despite trying to keep her at an arm's length he's revealed some surprising tenderness while trying to ease her troubles. Is this affection platonic protectiveness, or perhaps something more? Only time may tell . . .[break]
"I swear. I've been causing you trouble since the moment we bumped into each other, huh? Well . . . here. Hope this makes up for it."[break]

JUST KEEP SWIMMING

PINK ROSE PROMPT

post summary: An ex-Rocket with a heart full of a remorse and an up and coming grunt who refuses to let his decency fully wither away. Is it any surprise these two's big hearts and cloudy pasts lead to them hitting it off? Specifically, Isaac is pretty sure Sawyer is one of the kindest guys he's ever met. Their appreciation for each others' empathy is matched only by their inability to reconcile said empathy with their own wrongdoings. Perhaps when the time comes, they'll be each others' best shoulders for a recokning with their pasts. Until then, Isaac's just glad to know such a caring, reliable guy. [break]
"You know me. I wouldn't just trust anyone around my team. But . . . shit, man. Even if you can't always see it, you're one of the most all-around decent people I've ever met. You'd better not lose that heart of yours, y'hear? It can be . . . really, really hard to get back."[break]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2022 15:50:17 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

A Single Flower Blooms

WHITE ROSE PROMPT

post summary: A very heart warming and also heart breaking thread. Eva helps Eris as she struggles with her identity and the kind of person she wants to become. Eva shares her hope for Eris's future and encourages her to become the persons he wants to be. Her past actions don't define her, it's what she chooses to do now that is important.[break]

close tab

played by

Wanderer

The Liberator
he/him/his
April 10
Lavaridge Town
Figuring it Out
Penitent
Renegade
Turned on my friends and brought them pain. I have no right to show I can change. But I gotta try!
awards
4,314 posts
Isaac Merlo DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @isaacmerlo
Isaac Merlo
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2022 0:31:19 GMT
Isaac Merlo Avatar

WHY DO YOU FIGHT?

BLACK ROSE PROMPT

post summary: The first three months of Isaac's tenure in Rocket were remarkably light on the bloodshed. Then he ended up staring a corpse dead in the eyes as it fell mere inches before him. This is the first meeting of two very different philosophies working under the same organization; a wayward youth who can't stomach the idea of taking the life of another, and a sociopathic killer who only holds back from relishing in bloodshed thanks to his own standards of professionalism. Yet, despite such staunchly opposed viewpoints, the two possess the same distaste for unnecessary bloodshed. Could Zev of all people end up showing Isaac the most nuanced opinion on life and death within Rocket's upper echelon?[break]
"You . . . you really gave me a lot to think about. And I still don't know how I feel about it all. But . . . you saved my life. I have to thank you for that, at least."[break]
close tab

played by

liekos

leo, leon
he/him
twenty-eight
september 30th
rustboro city, hoenn
demirom. bisex.
ceo, inventor
ace
save a little
love for me
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
6 ft 5 in (~196 cm) height
i wish i were better, i wish i had strength. i wish i had anything to prove i was brave.
awards
466 posts
part of
TAG WITH @leonidas
Leonidas Stone
POSTED ON Jul 20, 2022 20:21:41 GMT
Leonidas Stone Avatar

MEMORY LANE

BLUE ROSE PROMPT // X001 MOVE TUTOR

recipient: @brody [break]
post summary: after a long time away from hoenn, leo happened to encounter an old friend of his from high school, and after a brief (offscreen) catchup, they meet up for a proper outing. brody intends to bring leo somewhere that's old to the region, yet a new place and experience to leo, as he'd never been there before— but, uh...what's this about doing a bit of parkour to get there?[break]

NIGHT OUT

RED ROSE PROMPT // X003 POKEBALLS

post summary: no lengthy and quirky summary here, they're literally just on a blind date LMFAO[break]

REPARATIONS

PINK ROSE PROMPT // X001 ABILITY CAPSULE

post summary: set a little while after the events of the dawn of the darkest day, leo decided to host a bake sale in order to raise funds with the intent of donating them to accommodate for graves (and other related things) for those whose pokemon were lost in the incident. during setup, he happens to come across mielle as she starts offloading her own goods (the literal sweets related to the prompt, pog) while making some small talk.[break]

CULTURED

PURPLE ROSE PROMPT // X001 FORM CHANGE

post summary: after dropping by with the intent of visiting one of the people he sponsors, leo finds not the person in question, but rather the choreographer they were meant to work with. after a little bit of small talk about how the person in question was a no show (and after leo makes a note to ask them about it some other time), he and ayame start to talk about and indulge in the art of johtonian fan dancing.[break]

EYE SEE YOU, BINCH

PURPLE ROSE PROMPT // X001 LEVEL TUTOR

post summary: having met through a past volunteering program (something along the lines of developing new and/or improved tech to help with impaired vision), leo calls up ariadne to catch her up on some progress he and his team have made regarding the project and experiments, where he ends up dumping a bit more information than probably intended while explaining a potential device to her.[break]

RECONNECT

PURPLE ROSE PROMPT // X001 TYPE 2 EVO

post summary: a simple thread in which leo and eun meet again after meeting for a couple of events in other regions in the past. curious, leo tentatively asks eun about her speaking habits (or rather, the lack thereof) and tries to get her to open up with the hope of getting her to see that others will listen.[break]
close tab

played by

skyline

jack
he/him
twenty-six
august 12
Hulbury
bi
travel blogger
elite ranger
Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass.
awards
574 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jack
jack wainwright
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2022 1:35:03 GMT
jack wainwright Avatar

That One Pastoral Scene

Red Rose

post summary: Jack expresses his affection for Georgette after she helps him feel a sense of belonging and home while the two guard a gflock of Wooloo overnight. [break]

Thank You for Play!

White Rose

post summary: Jack and Nomi partner up to fight a Gyarados without any pokemon in a new VR game demo. While they play, Nomi shares her new beer creation and Jack expresses excitement and hope for her success in the Hoenn craft brew scene. [break]

An Exercise in Feudality

Peach Rose

post summary: Aurelie admires Jack's honedge (and abs) while Jack expresses his admiration of Aurelie's expert knowledge of the blade. [break]

Beach Clean Up

Yellow Rose

post summary: Jack and Beau's new friendship blossoms over the shared experience of cleaning up a massive amount of trash on the beach. [break]

To Duel With Dragons

Pink Rose

post summary: While helping the League Rangers train their dragon pokemon, Jack expresses admiration for Marshall's prowess with dragon pokemon and his achievements in the motocross pro circuit. [break]

Exploring the Falls

Blue Rose

recipient: @henrydiscoll[break]
post summary: Jack reveals that he is randomly exploring places because he feels so isolated alone in his apartment after moving to Hoenn. [break]

Howling at the Moon

Purple Rose

post summary: Jack experiences a luxurious cocktail made with whiskey from Lava Ridge Distillery, suggested and provided by Zev at his bar. [break]

Lost in the Storm

Black Rose

post summary: Jack and Xiura experience the tragedy of finding a renowned athlete and hiker dead after being stranded in the wilderness during a gruesome attack by a wild pokemon.[break]

All Roses Completed

Light of Ruin & Salac Berry

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,014 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2022 15:33:52 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar

HAMMERING OUT THE DETAILS

WHITE ROSE PROMPT

post summary: SHARE OR SHATTER HOPES: Aurelie shares her hopes for the long-term future of her small business, the Iron Lady Forge, to become a successful and adaptable business for hand-forging knives and tools for the general public.[break]
REWARD: 1X TYPE 2 EVO

CUTTING OUT THE ROT

PEACH ROSE PROMPT

post summary: SHARE PASSION: Aurelie and Zev both demonstrate their enthusiasm for the shared interest of creating well-made knives and using them for the good of Rocket.[break]
REWARD: 1X LEVEL TUTOR

BAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT

YELLOW ROSE PROMPT

post summary: MAKE FRIENDS OR STRENGTHEN BONDS: Aurelie offers to help a new customer and local boba tea shop owner bake some fruit tarts for a local bake sale and, in the process, makes a new friend.[break]
REWARD: 1X TM/TR

THE SCIENCE IS IRONCLAD

PINK ROSE PROMPT

post summary: SHOW APPRECIATION: While attending a lecture by Dr. Henry Driscoll, Aurelie shows appreciation and admiration for the learned professor's knowledge and understanding of Steel-type Pokemon and their physiology.[break]
REWARD: 1X ABILITY CAPSULE

AN EXERCISE IN FEUDALITY

BLUE ROSE PROMPT

post summary: SHARE A SECRET: Under the influence of some potent mead at the Ren-Faire, Aurelie tells a rambling story to a newly-met acquaintance about a past incident as a violently overprotective big sister that she's never shared with anyone before.[break]
REWARD: 1X MOVE TUTOR

ROSE GLASSES

PURPLE ROSE PROMPT

post summary: ENJOY FINER THINGS: Aurelie enjoys some delicious Kalosian cuisine with her old friend and long-time pen pal, a lovely and pleasant occasion that definitely meets her personal standards for fine food, drink, and company.[break]
REWARD: 1X FORM CHANGE

BLADES, SAND, AND TREASURE

BLACK ROSE PROMPT

post summary: SHARE OR WITNESS LOSS: Aurelie catches and kills a snake in the desert for its valuable skin. Watching it die fills her with discomfort and guilt, while her fellow Rocket member Ruby takes the experience far more in stride.[break]
REWARD: 1X TYPE 3 EVO
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 5:52:30 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]

SUNNY SIDE UP

RED ROSE

post summary:
jayden and reunite, long after the events of the star soiree. it's not a planned meeting, but jayden is grateful all the same. once again, he finds himself startled to know that someone missed him, and even moreso that he ends up comforting her. jayden is glad to have friends — and glad that luka is one of them.

YOUNG JAY

PINK ROSE

recipient: (and ) [break]
post summary:
challenging theo as part of the m.a.g.m.a iniative, the two engage in a battle with their two ultrabeast pokemon. as expected, theo is the winner — jayden compliments him at the end of the battle, as well as notes an appreciation for the power of .

THE MAINSTAGE

PURPLE ROSE

post summary:
enjoying the music of during splashfest, jayden spends time with his friends at main stage. in particular, he enjoys the lyrics of mint as he sings them outloud to him alongside the popstar idol.

HIBISCUS

BLUE ROSE

post summary:
jayden visits after a night if fitful sleep and headaches. he ends up revealing his recent nightmares about cinnebar, opening up a discussion with the resident apothecarist in a way that is - honestly - surprising.

FUCK MARRY KILL

WHITE ROSE

post summary:
mari spends a girl's night with her two new roommates — the wonderful and adorable . they teach her the meaning of flirting, which shatters her innocence. was it possible that her ex-fiance actually - gasp - flirted with her?? (read: probably not, but a girl can dream.) ( )

for my own records..

JAYDEN —
red rose
pink rose
purple rose
blue rose
peach rose

MARI
white rose

OLLIE —
yellow rose

7/8
close tab

played by

space

anna, annie
she/her
july 4
mauville city
bisexual
student
ex-head ranger
5'4 height
5'4 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,120 posts
part of
TAG WITH @annalise
annalise henderson
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 19:42:57 GMT
annalise henderson Avatar

FUCK MARRY KILL

RED ROSE PROMPT

post summary: AND THEY WERE ROOMMATES. two best friends express affection for each other with exchanged "i love you"s. [break]

OPPOSITE WORLDS

WHITE ROSE PROMPT

post summary: annalise realizes she's not that strong and not that good at being a ranger as she thought she was once her slowking gets overpowered isaac's dhelmise and faints. [break]

CRYSTALLINE

PEACH ROSE PROMPT

post summary: jayden and annalise bond over flowers and a mutual interest in crystablooms. [break]

BUY THE STARS

YELLOW ROSE PROMPT

post summary: during a mission, annalise reveals that elinor is one of her favorite rangers to work with. the feeling is mutual and their friendship strengthens. they declare each other besties. [break]

A LONG TIME COMING

PINK ROSE PROMPT

post summary: ollie reveals that he's actually blond. obviously annalise must hype up his amazing dyeing skills. [break]

SAMUEL L JACKSON'S SPIRIT ANIMALS, PLURAL

BLUE ROSE PROMPT

post summary: annalise and guillermo explore a sinkhole. what will they find??? a fuckload of snakes, probably.[break]

THE MAINSTAGE

PURPLE ROSE PROMPT

post summary: annalise is enjoying a tropical drink and good music with penelope.[break]

YOU'RE LYING, SUMMER CHILD

BLACK ROSE PROMPT

post summary: after her encounter with isaac, annalise is at her lowest. being a ranger is a huge part of her identity, so admitting she's not cut out to be one is a big loss for her.[break]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 20:23:38 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar

FRIENDSHIP?

PURPLE ROSE -symbol of regality and splendor

Post Summary: In which Mars and Rowan meet up at a fine dining restaurant in Ever Grande City to just have a nice meal and hang out, their encounter for once having nothing to do with business, Sea Mauville, or Team Rocket. Rowan invited Mars, and the intent is to get to know each other better, since there's not a lot of people in Team Rocket either of them gets along with beyond the "committing crimes together" level. Also, Rowan is paying because he's nice like that.

This thread is a really nice change of pace, and I really love seeing a friendship develop between Mars and Rowan. Banished is always a joy to write with and I'm enjoying this a whole lot! ♡

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2022 20:44:41 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar

SPARE TIME

YELLOW ROSE -symbol of friendship

Post Summary: In which Kat convinces Mars to cancel all his very important business appointments for the afternoon so they can go see someone who may be able to tell them more about Azelf's prophecies. Mars does so without hesitation because he wants answers, so imagine his surprise when he realizes that they're meeting up at a funfair, and not only that, to see a fortune teller. Of course, this turns out to just be a prank, and they both end up having a good time with it, asking silly questions that they don't really care for, and teasing each other.

I think this thread really speaks of the friendship developing between Mars and Kat, and honestly, it has been a blast to write. It's just so silly and fun, and I always enjoy seeing characters who are usually serious be put in goofy situations. Mars and Kat have a great dynamic, and I can't wait to see how things develop between them – especially given the potential for conflict that exists if Kat ever finds out that Mars is in Team Rocket. Dani is always such an amazing writing partner, I love every thread we have together! Thank you for writing with me!! ♡

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 0:12:41 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar

LA VIE EST UNE FLEUR

RED ROSE - symbol of love

Post Summary: In which Mars invites Barnaby to dinner at his place for the sake of celebrating his victory in the ♡Love Contest POG Bank hosted. Given that love had been the whole theme of the contest, it is a recurrent topic throughout the thread, with them discussing what love means to both of them. Not only that, but gestures of affection are noted from the very beginning, and it's made clear that these are not things Mars would just do for just anyone. The inner monologue of both characters speaks a lot of the nature of their relationship, and how it has developed and grown overtime – even if at this stage many of the feelings existing between them are ignored or denied.

Threading with Dove is always wonderful, this is honestly one of my favourite threads because it focuses so much on Barnaby and his achievements, a character who is very dear to my heart. I looove exploring the dynamic between Mars and Barnaby and seeing how things develop between them, especially since at this stage there's much they refuse to admit to. Like all our threads, I've enjoyed this one a whole lot, and it makes me really emotional ♡ ILY DOVE

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2022 0:49:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar

YET ANOTHER SLICE-OF-LIFE CAFE DATE ROLEPLAY THREAD

RED ROSE PROMPT

post summary: kyle gets proposed to bada BING bada BOOM [break]

WHICH WITCH

WHITE ROSE PROMPT

post summary: kyle feels hopeful in meeting up with sea!kyle to talk things through (very naive)[break]

DUMBFISH

PEACH ROSE PROMPT

post summary: kyle shares his passion of doing minimal work with his colleague and close friend (about to reach bff status for agreeing with him)[break]

PINKAN ISLAND ADVENTURE

YELLOW ROSE PROMPT

post summary: kyle meets a fellow alolan shirt enthusiast and becomes friends with him. (they bunk later together. no homo, purely platonic.)[break]

WORDLE

PINK ROSE PROMPT

post summary: kyle appreciates his friend's skill (works at IT) by asking them to do something for him (fix his computer)[break]

PORTAL 2 CO-OP

BLUE ROSE PROMPT

post summary: kyle gets in an adventure with a rich man but they don't almost die because they are smart people who know their limits[break]

DAWN OF THE DARKEST DAY

PURPLE ROSE PROMPT

post summary: kyle enjoys a day of going all out with his new bestfriend (greyson's comfey)[break]

CYBERCHASE CONUNDRUM

BLACK ROSE PROMPT

post summary: kyle explores a surprise warp portal to commemorate the mirage of a dead friend (super fun activity btw)[break]