8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 4:25:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Habits.

He gives no more and his refusal to budge goes double for revealing anything more personal.

But what he does give is eaten up voraciously. From standing a feet apart to holding hands and having her stand within the curve of his arm is both disarming and uncomfortable. The only solace is her reply holds the same edge that he does, laced in his own words, adapting to his own mindset.

Indeed.

But her secondary reply is anything but. He scoffs, challenging her with a mild scowl.

"I’m always right, when I want to be."

She kicks him and he remains vigilant.

Never give in. Never give up.

Even in the face of certain defeat.

And today, he will not be defeated.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 4:42:21 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
He refuses to budge, as she expects he would, and the exasperated sigh is not disguised. The alcohol in her system weighs her down and she is, perhaps, even more an open book. Her grip on his hand loosens as she stares at him and his flat-toned remarks. She catches his mild scowl and presents him with her own.[break][break]

"That's funny, because you don't seem too tenacious now. It's a shame, but I suppose it's as you said - not everyone can adjust."[break][break]

With a roll of her eyes, she pushes the arm around her waist, which felt more like a log than anything, away from her before stepping out of his circle. Instead, she reaches for the bottle, graciously pouring herself another drink. [break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 4:50:50 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Says the one that gave up.

There’s a firm enough smugness in his retort that even his scowl inverse into a petty smirk. Free from the confines of her request, Fernando keeps to himself, pulling out his phone to check the time and his lack of notifications before pocketing it again.

"But you've adapted well."

It's true but he mostly says it to kill the silence in the room.

"Hoenn needs you even if it won't be there for you."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 4:55:57 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"Unstoppable force versus immovable object, Fern."[break][break]

The silence in the room that drops as they stop talking doesn't bother her. In fact, she hardly notices as she glances into the swirl of her glass. The potency of its smell has long since stopped affecting her, the burn it leaves down the back of her throat numb. It leaves her chewing her lip absently as she glances at her company.[break][break]

She sucks in a breath at his admission, and she crosses her arm over her chest, holding the glass near to her lips.[break][break]

"It's lonely on top of the world, isn't it? But that's our burden to bear, I suppose. I'll be here even when Hoenn won't do the same for me."[break][break]

For a moment she muses over her response. It flows easily past her loose lips, said without hesitation. Another involuntary but truthful passage follows not long after.[break][break]

"I will be there for you too." [break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 5:03:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando blinks questionably but doesn’t refute her claim. It’s a baseless argument that’ll go nowhere.

Lonely?

He pauses to consider it. Had he ever been lonely? By definite, sure, but did he truly feel it?

He comes to a conclusion but doesn’t voice it aloud. Instead, he doubles his own mental fortitude and approaches her, slipping her glass out of her hand and into his own. Going back to the other room to grab his own proves too bothersome and finishes what she started.

Her words sit on him and he doesn’t have a response. He uses the time to reach for the bottle and pours them another shot, hesitating, before doubling up and leaving their glass a bit past half full. It’s too much for either one to chug but he doubts she’s going to outdrink him.

He sets the bottle down, taking a quick second sip before holding it out for her.

Good.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 5:10:35 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"Mhmm.."[break][break]

She purses her lips, musing her own use of the word 'lonely'. It was something she had felt frequently over the course of her life, and something that she sought to snuff out. She blinks and the glass between her fingers is removed and pressed instead to Fernando's lips. Her own part in surprise.. and perhaps something else as she watches the man's expression shift behind the lip of glass.[break][break]

Stormy takes what is offered, now refilled. She holds onto it, sipping once and slowly. Her breath fogs the glass momentarily before she pulls away.[break][break]

"Hmmm.." [break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 5:54:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“What?

Fernando looks up at her and debates going back to work. The silence doesn’t unnerve him anymore but it seems wasteful in excess. Even in a haze, his ethic is as stubborn as he is.

At the very least, don’t you have your Pokemon? Pokemon are our friends.

It’s cheekier than it needs to be but there’s two jokes hidden underneath the surface.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 6:04:41 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy snorts, shaking her head.[break][break]

"Mmm.. not my cup of tea, but I won't be one to judge-- out loud, anyway."[break][break]

She looks him up and down, nose wrinkling at the insinuation. [break][break]

She passes him the glass.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 6:15:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]They’re not on the same page. At least he doesn’t think they are. There’s no way she understands his own job, one said at her expense, but she still has the gall to laugh.

…?

Her own implication is obvious but it goes right over his head. Among the many things she could be referring to, Fernando’s mind is too on-brand to stray toward what everyone else would ‘get’.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 6:20:29 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
She can feel his eyes on her and she shifts her weight and tilts her cheek to stare at him indirectly. Her laughter subsides in response to his lack of reaction. He was such a fuckin' buzzkill.[break][break]

"Nevermind, seems you can't take the heat."[break][break]

He doesn't take the glass so she pulls it back to herself, savoring another slow sip. [break][break]

"They're Pokemon, Fern. In the end, I definitely prefer the company of a human being who can actually speak to me. Even if sometimes they stare at me like I have three heads."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 6:26:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“There are plenty of people.

This time he take the drink. It’s one thing to be offered. It’s another to take. And taking always tastes better.

You just expect too much from them. Not everyone can adapt to our life style. The burden of worry, the lack of time, it digs at them. Work around that and set your expectations accordingly.

This time he takes it by the gulp. Two gulps and he breaks for air and to stop the burn. He passes it back with one hand and wipes his mouth with the other.

That’s how I don’t get burned.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 6:38:19 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
He pulls the glass from her hand and she furrows her brow, mildly irritated. And yet she stays, even though she knows he grinds her gears on purpose.[break][break]

"Hmmm..."[break][break]

Two gulps and she witnesses the sting of the alcohols burn behind his eyes. He pauses for air and gives her back the glass. She squeezes the rim carefully, though her attention moves to the man's hand. Her vision is too unfocused and fuzzy around the edges for her to worry about concentrating on finer details.[break][break]

"Then how come I burned you?" [break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 0:41:15 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Not literally— it’s a metaphor, Bronwen.

It’s moments like these that reinforce how questionable he holds her. Undoubtedly, she’s grown, and in that regard he trusts her to do the ‘right’ thing. However, you can only slip up so many times before the judgement bleeds through. Incompetency is a cruel and insidious affliction.

He knows it well.

Do you know what that is? It’s when you compare two things symbolically.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 0:52:50 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy's face breaks into an amused smirk - she does her best to keep it under control and to give off the sense that she was composed. But Stormy was nothing if not honest in her expression, and that wouldn't change now.[break][break]

"You should really pull the stick out of your ass, Fern, you'd probably feel better."[break][break]

She peers at him over the lip of the glass as she takes a longer, more purposeful sip. Her attention is mildly sultry when combined with her lazy, amused smirk.[break][break]

"You wound me."[break][break]

And then she laughs. [break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 21:36:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]When it comes to politics and business, there is no one sharper. But even Fernando has several languages he’s not fluent in. The social cues of youth and pop culture make up one of them, evident in his misconstrued inference of having a ‘baby’s daddy’. This too makes up one of these situations and although he can read the room, the exact estrangement eludes him.

What is it?

His eyes narrow in to search for the truth within her own.

He sees nothing. Or maybe he just can’t see it.

What’s wrong?

In other words, what are you hiding?