awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2020 10:20:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]There’s no point in reasoning with her. Not at this stage where they’re both too tapered off to concede their point. Rather than bicker any further, Fernando allows himself to settle into silence, granting her the last word if only to kill the conversation.

They stand outside the restaurant and he reaches for the door, holding it open for her, ushering her inside. “Smells like fake Kantonese food,” he mutters, leaving the night’s downward chill behind as the door closes behind them.

After you.” He designates her to lead because he’s unfamiliar with the interior and where to pick up. From a glance, it’s obvious enough with a front counter stationed right in front of the kitchen. Looking for the nearest cash register is the usual clue but why think when he has someone who ‘should’ be familiar with the place?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2020 18:50:46 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
She is promptly ushered inside, and the warmth from the kitchen carries with it the smell of 'fake Kantonese food', which Fernando comments on unabashed.[break][break]

"It smells like a full stomach. But I concede, I'll let you choose the restaurant next time. Ooooor, better yet, home cooked!"[break][break]

Stormy wastes no more time in approaching the counter, flagging down one of the workers. Their food is already packaged and waiting, and it appears that no one else has any orders, given the lack of receipts hung up waiting to be fulfilled. She removes her hand from his arm to tuck them into her pockets, searching for her loose card. She never tucks it back into her purse - that would be smart.[break][break]

"Do you cook?"[break][break]

The woman steals her attention and Stormy thanks her loudly and anxiously, passing Fernando one of the bags before taking hold of the second.[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #865B2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 4:11:04 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The mention of home cooking is enough to force a grimace out of him. Fernando, while hardly inept in a kitchen, is far from a model cook. He assumes the same of Stormy and imagines neither of their cooking skills will satisfy his far from critical palate. A job such as this should be left to the professionals; unless necessary, pursuing such a task is out of question.

An observant eye recognizes the lack of business which dampens his expectations further. Maybe home cooking wouldn’t have been such a bad idea. Regardless, Fernando stands by his principles. “Not unless I have to,” he answers while accepting the other bag. He reaches out to take the other one as well. “People who cook for a living should be making much tastier food than I can.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 4:21:43 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
He grimaces and she does a double-take.[break][break]

"Got a problem with home-cooking? I make a mean microwave meal."[break][break]

She laughs.[break][break]

When he reaches out for the second bag she hesitates, reluctantly handing it over.[break][break]

"Do you not want me to help--- nah, I get it. Probably a good idea you take them."[break][break]

The woman chews the inside of her cheek, fully realizing how fine a line she was walking as it was coming out in public while barely walking in a straight line. Not that she couldn't, just that it now required more than one brain cell - and we know she had very few.[break][break]

"Do you mean the restaurant? You're really roasting them today, Fern. Not that I mind, I'm glad it's not me on your hit list this time."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-st .bulk i, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Vwz18s7/stormypost1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 20:09:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Offering to take both bags was his own small gesture of kindness. Considering he’s the most sober of the pair, it only makes sense for him to hold that responsibility, but he doesn’t necessarily expect her to pick up on that as well. It causes him to stare back at her questioningly, eyebrow raised in a slant at her next question.

Bronwen, what are you talking about?

Miscommunication between them is as frequent as their arguments and this time neither are on the same page.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 20:17:33 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
And she studies his face as his eyebrow curves quizzically, as he stares at her in confusion, questions her.[break][break]

There are no walls between them, or at the very least, her own have crumbled away with the leniency of alcohol on her breath.[break][break]

"I mean normally you seem to look at me as if I'm the dirt on the bottom of your shoe. You don't like me - or if you do, you have a hard time showing it. I'm just glad it isn't me you're scowling at right now, that's all."[break][break]

She trails off at the end of her statement, a peculiar burning in her ears at having spoken so unabashedly. She clears her throat awkwardly, glancing away from him for fear he may return to scowling.[break][break]

"I don't want you to look at me like that."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 20:50:37 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“You read too much into it.

Fernando turns away to leave, opening the door with the tip of his foot, and shuffling with his back against the door to work around having both his hands tied. “And I’m not scowling at anyone.

The wind batters him from the sudden vacuum of an open door and Fernando leaves the door open with the heel of his foot, waiting. “If you act stupid, I treat you like you’re stupid. If you’re smart, I treat you as such. Nothing more, nothing less.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 20:59:07 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
He holds the door open and she hesitates a moment before slipping past him. She's holding his tea, concentrating hard on not spilling it.[break][break]

"You do scowl. A lot. Sometimes I worry you might get stuck that way."[break][break]

When she's safely on the other side of the door, she touches his elbow and takes the door from him to allow him to step away without getting smacked.[break][break]

"Do you think I'm stupid?"[break][break]

She'll let the door go when he's out of its way, and she slips her hand in the bend of his elbow again as they head back to his place.[break][break]

"I don't want you to think I'm stupid."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 21:07:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“It is stuck like that. I’m not scowling. That’s my natural face.

It’s a bold face lie but at this point Fernando has given up protesting otherwise. The amount of comments he gets about his expression has gone beyond management. At this point, it’s much easier to play along, admitting to everyone’s played out joke, if only to dismiss the point with a shrug of his shoulder. The faster he defaults the less he hears about it, leaving more time for actual conversation.

She taps his elbow and he releases the door, letting it swing shut as they embark back into the Lilycove night. Alone between the wavering streetlights, he’s prompted with a question, and he answers immediately, on instinct. “Yes. A lot of the things you do are stupid.

Without missing a beat, they continue.

Then don’t act stupid.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 21:29:07 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
"It isn't stuck like that.."[break][break]

But she doesn't press the issue further, she merely said it because it had come easily to the forefront of her thought. [break][break]

Their steps click against the sidewalk in tandem, and the flat answer he provides encourages her to avert her gaze for a moment.[break][break]

"Surely not a lot.."[break][break]

She laughs awkwardly, glancing up at him. [break][break]

"No promises."[break][break]

But his words do mean something, despite her attempts to brush it off and pretend otherwise. She meant it when she said she didn't want him to look at her and scowl, or look at her and think that she was stupid.[break][break]

She looked up to him as a source of strength.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 21:53:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“It’s around par with everyone else.

There’s no shame or shying away from the truth. Not when there’s a chance she’ll heed his words and work on self improvement. It’s unlikely, as is the case with Hoenn in general, but having one less idiot bumbling around would spell good for the League. Especially since he considers Stormy as one of his closest allies.

That’s fine. Just don’t act surprised.

Her joke hits a sore spot so Fernando doesn’t play along with it. Instead, he carries on without care. Everyone else may not care about the issues that surface from short-sight decisions but he’s never been a follower. Lead by example, and so he does as they make it back to the ground floor of his apartment complex.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 22:03:18 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy chuckles, her exhale warm as she tucks her chin. She shakes her head softly, though there is a small smile on her face.[break][break]

"You surprise me every day."[break][break]

She squeezes his arm and follows him into the front door of the apartment complex. [break][break]

"Come on, Fern... quit dragging your feet and let's get upstairs."[break][break]

She smiles up at him.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 23:28:27 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]How comfortable she’s become around him is unnerving. Not that he minds, but he doesn’t play it up in the same manner. No one really acts as friendly around him as she does. It reminds him of their childhood but he cans the sentiment as cruel memories. They’re grown now.

He’s grown up.

Yeah, yeah.

As per usual, he doesn’t give her the time of day, setting the bags down inside the entrance of his apartment in order to take off his shoes. He places both of them on a shoe rack before heading to the living room and leaving the bags there.

Are they missing any silverware?

He leaves it up to Stormy to investigate as he heads to the kitchen. He anticipates failure on their end but should they pack their food accordingly, it’ll save him a trip to wash his hands.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 23:35:26 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Where he is unnerved, Stormy is relaxed, comfortable, of course. She doesn't see it, the strangeness between them. Perhaps she doesn't want to.[break][break]

He breaches the front door and sets the bags down. When he kicks off his shoes, she spends time kneeling by the food to sift through the items. Eventually, she ops to juggle them both and bring them to the living area to set on the coffee table.[break][break]

"They have plastic ones in here, if those work for you."[break][break]

She pulls them out to set aside, before gingerly setting out separate containers of food.[break][break]

"Do you want plates? Or just eat out of the containers?"[break][break]

Stormy tucks her hair behind her ear, a lazy smile on her face.[break][break]

"Do you have anything else to drink? I'll find us something to watch, if you want."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,732 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
decadence [c]
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2020 23:45:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“That’s fine.

The faucet starts to run just in time for Fernando to wash his hands and dry them against a hanging dish towel. With clean hands, he reaches for his belt, tapping two particular Pokeballs and letting out his Kecleon and Smeargle. They stand there idle until he reaches into one of the cabinets for several plates.

I got them but feel free to eat from the containers.

The plates are for his Pokemon, given full reign over anything that doesn’t fit his tastes. He hands both of them several plates and they trot over to Stormy to sit at the table, eager for a shared meal. Meanwhile, Fernando opens his fridge, tucking several water bottles into the crook of his arm.

Just water and liquor.

That’s a lie but he can’t be assed to serve anything else.

He sets it by the table before going back to his study to fetch her ‘gift’.