part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
HNN - VOLUME 5 ISSUE 5
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 6:29:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","hnnpage"]
[attr="class","hnntitle"]HOENN NEWS NETWORK
[attr="class","hnnsub"]THE LATEST NEWS BROUGHT TO YOU LOUD & CLEAR FROM YOUR TRUSTED BROADCASTER, TV MAUVILLE!
[attr="class","hnnissuenum"]
[attr="class","hnnball"]
[attr="class","hnnissuemar"]VOLUME 05 ISSUE 05 / AUGUST 2021 EDITION
[attr="class","hnncolorbg"]
[attr="class","hnnpicbg"]
[attr="class","hnntext"]

SOOTOPOLIS CITY UNDER ROCKET RULE

WRITTEN BY CAM GILLIAN
SOOTOPOLIS CITY — Team Rocket now occupies Sootopolis City. Known for its peculiar location within sea locked crater and being home to the Cave of Origins, this historic city is the first municipality under Rocket rule after Slateport City three years ago.

The takeover occurred the same night as Mt. Chimney’s averted eruption. With League forces divided across the region, officers and rangers arrived late to Sootopolis, where a coup had already been staged to oust the mayor.

In the middle of the conflict, witnesses have spoken about odd shifts in land, where Sootopolis’ tiered neighborhoods lifted and hovered in mid-air before reverting back to normal. Witnesses have reported the vigilante, Crimsen, () being struck down by a masked Rocket (), while A.Q.U.A. Initiative and Elite Four member, , fended off several Rockets and their threats singlehandedly. Special commendations have also been given to for successfully evacuating citizens during the chaos.

Other evacuated citizens have noted the appearance of the legendary Kyogre breaking through the Cave of Origin and summoning a large water spout. Within this spout, the old Sootopolis Gym, The Abbiati Temple (otherwise known as the Silver Spire), was submerged. There, it has been reported that famous seafarer, , was eaten whole by the Kyogre before the leviathan left the city.

Similarly, other notable Hoennians have been noted as missing. After A.Q.U.A. Initiative member and Champion destroyed the Silver Spire with Councilman , the Pokkenger has noted the disappearance of , personal bodyguard to the Commissioner. Furthermore, Sootopolis’ gym leader, has been reported as kidnapped by the League.

In order to interface with Sootopolis City, the League has appointed , a Sootopolis native, to a council seat. The League hopes that despite the city’s affiliation with Team Rocket, peace can still be maintained for those still living in the area.

For now, the League advises against travel to and from the city. Although Team Rocket has not barred entry, they have restricted access to a large tree that had been abruptly “warped” in where the Silver Spire once was. Many have noted its similarities with the white bark tree in Littleroot two years ago, leading many to wonder what will happen next.

MT. CHIMNEY CRISIS AVERTED

WRITTEN BY RITA TEVIN
MT. CHIMNEY - During the night, the League mobilized the A.Q.U.A. Initiative after reports of a rampaging Groudon on Mt. Chimney. Although several members were later redirected toward Sootopolis City’s Team Rocket occupation, Elite Four member , , and were accompanied by scientists, , and to gauge the scene. Furthermore, League rangers were deployed alongside a whole host of volunteers willing to risk their lives in order to calm the legendary Pokemon.

The Groudon’s rampage (depicted left; photo credit: ) was seemingly caused by a red orb filled with primal energy. In consequence, the land titan’s temper was deemed responsible for Mt. Chimney’s volcanic activity. Coupled with a false sun created by Groudon’s excess power, the volcano’s eruption was imminent.

However, thanks to the heroic efforts of the trainers there, Mt. Chimney’s eruption did not affect Hoenn’s soil. Testimonies suggest that another force at work. In an odd phenomena, the past had apparently bled into the present. Stretches of what seemed to be an ancient Hoenn appeared across and above the volcano. With swift action, the trainers managed to have the volcano erupt into an ancient Hoenn’s sky.

In the process, the red orb was destroyed. However, witnesses report that the Groudon was able to relax after its destruction. Before the League could assess Groudon any further, a Regidrago emerged from the volcano’s depths, forcing the titan into a battle deep into the mountain. Several trainers (, , ), featuring what appears to be Groudon avatar-like abilities, similar to the ones the deceased once possessed, helped close the volcano off temporarily.

In the aftermath, the odd temporal distortions have been reverted. The League is currently investigating the phenomena, while entrusting the monitoring of primal energy to and of Rose Industries. “Primal nodes” have been developed by the two, octagonal-shaped devices reminiscent of land mines, with built-in solar panels.

After testing, these nodes have been designed to detect ambient radiation levels of an area. Should a spike of primal energy be detected, collected data can then be converted into a 3D holomap of the area in order to discover where the primal energy is coming from. Currently, is constructing this detection system with the assistance of and @jess, two trainers who were present during the Groudon rampage.

Lastly, has been elevated to the position of Hoenn’s Elite Four after the disaster. Considering the vacancy left by ’s abdication, the League is currently seeking ways to fill their empty positions so that they are better prepared for any other threat.[break][break]

BENOIT LEAVES THE LEAGUE CITING SOFTNESS

WRITTEN BY VALERIE KINSEY
EVER GRANDE CITY — In an unprecedented address via livestream, Elite Four member has resigned and parted ways from the League. During his online broadcast, the man cited his frustrations with the government and their handling of Team Rocket.

He says, “at the end of the day, the problem is that the organization is fundamentally too soft.” Nevertheless, the Kalosian man told his viewers that Benoit Armaments will continue to assist Hoenn, with his cousin Antoine Benoit, taking over as representative.

Witnesses report that in the weeks leading up to this announcement that Benoit and Commissioner seemed to be having difficulties in their professional relationship.

Nevertheless, it appears as if Benoit is still committed to challenging Team Rocket. At the end of his whiskey-filled stream, the man left his viewers with a promise: “Before I go, I just want to say that this does not mean I'm throwing in the towel. Oh no, I'm going to continue fighting.”[break][break]

PAID ADVERTISEMENTS

if you'd like to contribute an article for a mini-volume, please dm with your idea or your writing. if approved, your character will earn a small monetary reward of 20 PD! thanks to noodles for this idea!

LEAVE US A COMMENT

[div align="center"][div style="width:350px;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;"][div style="background-color:#1f1f1f;font-family:tahoma;font-size:7.5pt;text-align:justify;padding:40px;"][table style="width:100%;"][tbody][tr][td style="vertical-align:top;width:70px;"][img style="max-width:100%;border:#cccccc solid 1px;padding:5px;height:55px;width:55px;" src="http://placehold.it/55x55"][/td][td style="vertical-align:top;"][div style="font-family:courier new;font-size:8pt;font-weight:bold;"]USERNAME // [/div]Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque efficitur lacus quis lacus tempor, sit amet rutrum purus rhoncus.[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/div][/div][/div]

[googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Abel][googlefont=Source+Code+Pro]
close tab

played by

Ditz

Ian, Dicker
Male
Thirty
June 9th
Goldenrod City
Hetrosexual
---
Ex-Underboss
People are a resource
awards
1,374 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kill
Killian Decker
HNN - VOLUME 5 ISSUE 5
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 8:25:35 GMT
Killian Decker Avatar
PSYLOCKED //
The League can't even keep its people safe. I was at Sootopolis, the League destroyed a regional monument for no reason. Meanwhile, Rocket was trying to keep everyone safe and get them out of the way of Kyogre's wrath.

More and more I'm losing faith in the people in charge.

Maybe Rocket has the right idea....
close tab

played by

bunny

Tara
She/Her
August 10
Slateport City
Homosexual
Policewoman
Cadet
10 height
10 height
Please spare me from anything feminine
awards
77 posts
part of
TAG WITH @tara
Tara Arnnelia
HNN - VOLUME 5 ISSUE 5
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 9:09:55 GMT
Tara Arnnelia Avatar
REDLIGHT//
D-did that Vic guy seriously take a selfie in front of a rampaging groudon!? No, that must be an edit. There is no way there is a person that dumb to do that

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,792 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
HNN - VOLUME 5 ISSUE 5
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 9:58:50 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
star.filled.crater //
WHAT?!

They elected who to the Council?!
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
HNN - VOLUME 5 ISSUE 5
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 12:01:17 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
SKYOGRE-CONSPIRACY-1 //
i heard got out by breaking through one of kyogres teeth - with her bare fist.
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
HNN - VOLUME 5 ISSUE 5
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 12:02:28 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
SKYOGRE-CONSPIRACY-2 //
i heard someone say that someone said that kyogre said that tasted like she had been marinated in tequila
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
HNN - VOLUME 5 ISSUE 5
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 12:03:37 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
SKYOGRE-CONSPIRACY-3 //
i heard is still in there...
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
HNN - VOLUME 5 ISSUE 5
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 12:17:06 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
SKYOGRE-CONSPIRACY-5 //
/kyogre OTP!!!!! UwU

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
HNN - VOLUME 5 ISSUE 5
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 12:21:40 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
FISH FAN //
actually I’ll think you’ll find that all the evidence points to being a magikarp avatar….

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
HNN - VOLUME 5 ISSUE 5
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 12:31:15 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
CONFUSED-READER //
who tf is and why did she think flipping off a leviathan was a good idea?? Confirms Hoennians have 1 brain cell. That they share.

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
HNN - VOLUME 5 ISSUE 5
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 13:22:00 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
SOMEONE-PLS-STOP-ME//
why does have the same name as ’s dhelmise? get your own name, lady.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
HNN - VOLUME 5 ISSUE 5
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 14:25:15 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
V.WEXLER //
glad to hear every1 made it safely out of mt. chimney!🌋 things got a bit crazy up there!
[break]I hope groudon and regidrago are okay tho!! poor groudon really was having a hard time, he deserves a nice nap😔

close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
HNN - VOLUME 5 ISSUE 5
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2021 20:31:03 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
Delibirdy_Boy //
to help you stay in contact with loved ones in and out of the city, delibird deliveries will continue to deliver to sootopolis throughout rocket's occupation. ✉
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,804 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
HNN - VOLUME 5 ISSUE 5
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2021 3:46:56 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
@gmh_OFFICIAL //
Our hearts go out to those displaced by the Sootopolis invasion. We at GMH know the value of a stable home, so we would like to extend a hand to those in need. Come tour Infinity Luxury Villas here in sunny Mauville, the latest in affordable housing in Hoenn's fastest growing city! Sign now and live three months rent free! Let's rise above this hardship to a brighter future, together.
#Infinity #Luxury #Villas #Dagoodlife #LivinglikeArceus #applicationfeesstillapply