November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
I took the Sin out of Sinnoh. Want to help me put it back in Hoenn?
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
RED ROUTE CONCLUSION [DE]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2021 14:33:23 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar

Red Route

Two metal paths. One up, to safety, and the other downward, following the monster.
Lose something in the lake (two dozen)
Nobody turns back.

ANCIENT CISTERN

Beneath the hole is a thirty foot drop through the blackness, landing in a lake of viscous liquid. The depth is unknown, and nobody can touch the bottom, even at the edges of the cavern. 

and have lost the ability to swim.

Though impossible to tell in the dark, the lake shines with a thousand colors, a collection of thick liquids that refuse to mix fully. The cavern is silent, aside from the sound of your splashing, and the dripping of liquid from the ceiling, down through the rock and sand high above. 

Rising from the waters of the ancient cistern are low sandbanks. Some hug the sharp, sloping walls of the oval cavern, and others rise at random from the waters. In the center of the lake is a thin, wiry tree, with plump fruit hanging from the branches. 

The monster is nowhere to be seen, but everyone feels the pull of something moving below the surface of the water.

, , , , and will feel this tug more strongly, at about the strength of someone pulling on their arm. It is difficult to ignore, and will make swimming without assistance a challenge.

BOONS AND CONSEQUENCES

Below are the chosen consequences and boons from the signup, collapsed for brevity. When completed, they will be blacked out. Some of these will link directly to story events, and will be mentioned in the mod post (for example the inability to swim, or the monster's magnetism) others will be entirely up to you to fulfil (for example the bonds, or losing faith). 

Consequences

Boons

These rounds are expected to be faster than those in the main thread, and the posts can be shorter. 

Please continue to roll with each post. Bonuses and prompts from the main YMCA thread are no longer available. For this first round, these is only one hidden bonus to add to your roll. 

Deadline is Saturday 20th of November 8pm PT, but a mod post will come sooner if everyone posts before then. 

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 3:07:42 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Though Gavin is sensibly afraid, there is no consideration of retreat.

In Rocket, he is a leader. A protector. And he will not stand back as his friends, his family put themselves at risk. So for and , and even for despite their limited interaction, he remains.

Their group does not include only agents of Rocket, however, and his gaze flicks over and in turn. He recognizes them both: Locke by appearance alone, having encountered the unfortunate courier on two excursions, and Doug for his position as gym leader. Unlikely allies against the monster, but allies nevertheless. A group divided was certain to fail.

Gavin extends his left hand toward the solitary tree that rises from the lake, then clicks his tongue.

With a bright flash, Claydol would attempt to TELEPORT itself and its trainer to land beneath the tree.

Upon impacting the ground, Gavin staggers, sweaty hands losing grip on the gold figurine he'd been clutching. It vanishes below the water, into the abyssal deep.

evdCteXy +24

this is going on the assumption that the tree is sitting on a small amount of land?
if not they'd aim for the closest sand embankment
+24 for ?

close tab

played by

bunny

Dr. Kano
She/Her
Sinnoh
Pansexual
Scientist
Grunt
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
110 posts
Kano Iyona DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kano
Kano Iyona
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2021 4:27:25 GMT
Kano Iyona Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
when i knew the world wasn't meant for me,

[attr=class,lyric2]
you rescued me, you rescued me

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
i can offer nothing, still you won't let go

[attr=class,bulk]

The fall to what Kano can only describe as an abyss feels uneventful, yet despite not being a fortune teller Kano can easily feel the danger that awaits at the other side of the abyss. A loud splash can be heard all around her as she finds themselves landing upon a viscous liquid. That is where the enigma phenomenon is happening, no matter how she tries to swim - The liquid refuses to let her actually swim. She can feel her own body drowning gradually. Fear grasp within her mind, if she let this happen any further, she won't have any chance to get free, trapped under this vicious liquid. The fear makes her brain rush thousands of miles per minute, she flails her arm, making a splash of the liquid everywhere where some of the drops enter her mouth and reach to nearest person - - and attaches herself to them to make sure she stays afloat. [break][break]

The wound that pertains to her body feels getting worse as it has an open contact with a liquid, if she doesn't get out any time sooner - She would die from the blood loss. Her sole Voltorb is just floating around the body of water and trying to swim in FRUSTRATION. Suddenly, a stronger pull can be felt from deep within as if her losing the ability to swim is not enough. A Pokeball rolled out from her pocket and sinked right to the depth of the lake, Kano was surprised but when she realized it - It was the Pokeball where Hajime was residing before. She quickly safeguards all of her belongings - especially the Bill Figurine that she founds way earlier. "Sorry boy, but I need your assistance for the sake of my own life," Kano tells as she latches herself to him. [break][break]

Em9EipE_ +24 [break][break]
? ? ? (+24)

[attr=class,bottom-text]

[attr=class,punkihopecredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.punkihope .accentbg]background: #6C909A;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accentborder, .punkihope .bulk i]border-color: #6C909A;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accenttext, .punkihope .bulk b, .punkihope .bottom-text span a]color: #6C909A;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope]width: 500px; background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/pjeGnzr.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1, .punkihope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1 div, .punkihope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #3e3e3e; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk i]border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #3e3e3e; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,720 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 1:34:32 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]The hole is deep and leads to some kind of murky lake. She's certain after taking a single glance. It's a long way down to hell, and she finds herself trying to hold onto 's hand for any semblance of comfort.
[break][break]
"I can't swim..." She whimpers. Knowing full well that she was still lingering on the verge of unconsciousness, she's pretty much useless and a burden to the rest of them. Yet, part of her wishes to stay, if not to be assured that and are safe, then to attempt to save her Klefki from his twisting fate.
[break][break]
If Doug and Locke are willing to go along with her stubbornness, she'd be somewhat comforted that she's not alone in this. With a gentle squeeze of Doug's hand, she takes a deep breath and a leap of faith. But neither her trust in friends nor an injured lung will stop her from screaming on the way down.
[break][break]
Panic seizes her instantaneously, lake liquid seeping into her wounds as something begins to drag her under the surface. It burns, she's sinking, she might just drown. The flailing does nothing for the broken ribs that press on her lungs, nor the cracked remains of the vial she'd taken earlier as it drifts into the depths.
[break][break]
In the middle of a bottomless lake, in the jaws of a beast. Disappearing right under, pressure placed upon her wound threatens to break her psyche, her cries ringing out as it crunches right through her thoughts.
[break][break]
I can't do this.
[break]
[break][break]
? (+24)[break]
_UOEvWfm
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"]in the house of the unholy

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,581 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 19:47:00 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Like the others, Chu-e takes the plunge and ends up in the putrid sludge below.

His Petilil clings tightly to his head as he's sucked under, given a baptism of grime and suck. He kicks up, tries to surface, only he can feel something pulling.

Frantic, he flails and kicks, gasps in surprise, sucks down the ooze. It slithers down his throat and it burns.

When Chu-e surfaces, his Petilil is missing and smoke rises from his mouth. It's not the intense flames like before but the residue of the berry makes itself known. The inside of his mouth and his throat is scorched and tastes like soot.

When grabs him, Chu-e can't protest because he finds he can't speak.

Reluctantly, and already mourning for Olive, Chu-e pushes towards the island to join . When he crawls to the surface, exhausted, he coughs out a puff of smoke- something black and charred and smoking flaking onto the ground.

Forcing himself to his feet, Chu-e waits by the shoreline, hoping to see that , , and . Plus maybe, if he's lucky, Olive the Petilil.

r3gY1nDP

?? + 24

i THINK i did all 3 of his in this? just lemme know if he swallowed the wrong sludge lol
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Nov 18, 2021 22:09:44 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
421 for @raid
Growing up in Vermilion, Locke’s school, city officials, and family alike all emphasized the importance of water safety. Swimming, of course, but also where to swim, when to swim, how to get help for drowning victims and even provide it should the need arise. But there was one lesson that his sailor grandfather, who’d spent more years among the waves than all his family combined, stressed to his grandchild time and time again.

Any sailor worth his salt fears the sea.

And fears the cold more.

Even for an experienced swimmer, a single reflexive gasp could spell death, and the locking of muscles could trap you just a few inches below the surface. By the time you’ve recovered from that there’s already water entering the lungs and panic clouding the senses. Suffocation and drowning would ultimately deal the killing blow, yes, but the cold is the snare that catches you first.

It was that same snare that nearly pulled Locke deeper into the murky depths, aided by the sickening tug of ink beneath skin. And it was his ocean-side upbringing that gave him the necessary know-how to pull against ink and instinct to break the surface. Though not without cost, as his Pokénav, one of sparse few remaining possessions from his old life and filled with precious photos and messages of the that time, sunk deeper into the bottomless depths unbeknownst to him. He surveyed the room for his companions between gulps of air, but found only .

had yet to resurface, and a dread colder than the freezing waters around them flowed through Locke at the realization.

“Doki-Doki! Down!” Their Audino answered with an affirmative, dutifully diving after his trainer into the darkness again.

They were ready for the cold now, but the pitch-black water obscured Locke’s vision. That was fine. They didn’t need to see Eris, only the thin trail of bubbles leading deeper and deeper below. The unnatural ripple effect of her flailing told them she wasn’t far, and soon enough they were wrapping their arms around the young girl and holding her close as Doki-Doki caught up.

As soon as their Audino had a grip on them, Locke gestured upwards with their head. Doki-Doki nodded, puffing out his fur and making himself more buoyant as he attempted to Surf upwards. Their ascent was slowed, however, by the now-unignorable pull of two marked individuals. Too slow, for how long Eris had already gone without air.

Fear and despair overwhelmed Locke again, who couldn’t even save one girl.

tl;dr
Locke manages to survive the initial fall, but lose their Pokenav in the proccess.
They only see .
He dives beneath the surface with Doki-Doki to try and save .
Doki-Doki uses Surf to try and tug Locke and Eris up, but the pull of their combined tattoos slow the trio down.
GbZ4h_yV
Permanent (+15)
??? (+24)
Develop a phobia
You are pulled strongly towards the monster
Lose faith in yourself
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2021 20:26:59 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

YMCA

Into the abyss.

"Don't let go."

It is all that can be offered. She has chosen to see this through to the end. Now, they fall.

His body crashes into the water with a splash, hand clamped around ' hand.

There's an unnatural calm in him that refuses to bend to the murky, unnatural waters that surround him.

Despite seemingly being magnetized to his palm, his gun slips off his grasp in the crash and sinks deep into the dark depths below.

That was fine. It had been useless before anyway.

You've already failed when it mattered. How much worse can things go?

Something unseen seizes him- Eris and as well. It pulls at them from down under, threatening to drown them.

He kicks against it furiously, but even his own strength is not quite enough for the combined force the pull exerts upon them all.

Locke has the right idea, however.

His Audino is summoned, and joins them in on their efforts- but even then, it proves insufficient.

He follows with a pokeball of his own, releasing his Blissey back onto the field.

Horrible circumstances await her, suddenly dropped into a crisis scenerio without warning. Her instincts to preserve life prove strong however- her eyes flash as she sees the Audino's impressive swimming form, and despite their differing anatomy, the Blissey soon joins in, copying her perfectly.

Through synchronized swimming, the two somehow managed to generate a surging current from underneath the water- and it propels the trio and themselves upwards against the pull of the monster, disturbing the deathly still surface of the shimmering lake with a massive wave.

It rose high before crashing back down, dumping them all upon one of few banks of sand.

He coughed roughly upon the sands on landing, wheezing for breath as he forced himself on his knees.

"Still... Still alive, you two?" He rasped out roughly as he forced himself onto his feet, glancing back at his companions.

His Blissey Was the first to respond, groaning as she propped herself back up... and began to shrink.

Her little shoulder-pad like wings seemed to sink back into her flesh as she became a Chansey once more, blinking at herself for a moment in surprise.

For his part, he clicked his tongue.

Just their luck.

KmgU0T_0+24

Consequences:
Lose faith in yourself (+30)
You are pulled strongly towards the monster (+50)
Have a Pokemon devolve (+30)

Form an attachment to someone/something, then break that attachment (+30)

TAG: @
close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 3:01:57 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar

Red Route

SYMPATHY IN ACTION

The waters shimmer. Subtle. Slick.

Something stirs the depths, drawing it out with the rising tide. The combined SURF sends ripples through the underground chamber, not so much a knock at the monster’s door as it is a wrecking ball. The three– , , and – lay washed up on an ash-gray sandbar, exhausted, the weight of their markings seething beneath their skin.

There is no safety. There is no respite. There is only action and reaction, ebb and flow, danger and danger and danger and death.

It spreads like ink with a thousand eyes–the sticky, nerve-ending fingers of an enormous hand. The frayed, fanlike digits detach themselves from the liquid and wrap around , drawn to the filthy ink on his body. They engulf his head in strings of tar, trapping air, trapping breath.

will suffocate in 1 turn.
feels the movement in her throat, an echo of flexing fingers. The viscous drops she swallowed seem to flutter as if they, too, are somehow connected to the monster below. She will find her windpipe partially obstructed by this putrid ooze, as will , whose still-burning throat seems to deeply aggravate the inky fluid. The acrid smoke in his lungs mingles uneasily with the liquid.

Washed up on the same sandbar as Doug and Eris, is curiously spared by the monstrous, consuming hand. The Tome in their hands shudders as if gasping for air, flipping itself open to a PAGE.

SIX DEMONS

Inside the Beast dwells Six Demons, which must be bound and broken…

The signatures of long-dead scribes decorate these pages in a bloodstained contract, signed by men and women consigned to certain doom. Six, by six, by six. One name to bind each Demon. Six bonds to be broken.

Sympathy in Action.

And ACTION is required.

To progress, each character must form a CONNECTION to one of the Six Demons. This may be conscious or unconscious on the part of the character. You are in the right place at the right time. The world has put you here for a reason. This is the will of Arceus. This is the will of GOD.
SACRIFICE IS INEVITABLE

Sand the color of charred bone shifts begins to stir beneath the feet of and , ugly with age. It sucks at their feet and ankles, binding them to the sandbar in heavy cuffs of cold, crumbling dust. There is no time. There never is.

You have never been alone down here.

Only the tree stands unaffected. It rises from the mire with the sureness of solitude, its pungent, flammable berries dangling perfectly within reach of ’s fingers. Beside him on the shore, and are rocked by jostling figures that form from the wet gravel, cretinous, raptorial. They attack with claws of bone and ash, bodies of the entombed returning to haunt those who disturbed the sacred Crypts.

Somewhere in the wrath of sand, a tiny red shovel bobs.

and are BOUND. They must free themselves or one another before taking action.

is about to SUFFOCATE. His airflow will need to be restored, or he will die next turn.

and are CONSTRICTED. They will find it difficult to breathe.

, and are UNDER ATTACK. Sand constructs threaten to destroy them. If not stopped, they may be overcome next turn.

must discover the secret to Uneven Sympathy.
RED ROUTE
These rounds are expected to be faster than those in the main thread, and the posts can be shorter. 

Please continue to roll with each post. Bonuses and prompts from the main YMCA thread are no longer available. For this middle round, these is only one hidden bonus to add to your roll. 

Deadline is Wednesday 8th of December 8pm PT, but a mod post will come sooner if everyone posts before then.

The next round will be the FINAL ROUND of RED ROUTE.

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,581 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2021 15:51:33 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Fire burns him from the inside out once again, smoke filling his nose and lungs as much as the writhing liquid.

Chu-e wants to scream but only a gargling escapes. He grips at his throat.

The monsters rise and Chu-e is drowning and burning, eyes clenched tight.

But Chu-e's will is made of iron. His anger consumed him earlier to the point that, once, it seemed to burn out. While it might have been reduced down to ashes that does not mean that embers do not remain. It stokes back and Chu-e is furious. Furious for himself, for , for , for , for , and mostly for . His rage burns hotter than the fires in his throat.

The Wrathful knows no turning back.

Monsters bear down on him as he chokes for breath, his pokemon all gone, but Chu-e still fights. Black tentacles jut from his back, his fingers, thin as threads. They whip at the monsters and lash out at everything that comes close. Enemy, ally, it doesn't matter intention.

Chu-e is angry and everyone will know it.

Chu-e has chosen the Wrathful

gSQl|hAd
close tab

played by

bunny

Dr. Kano
She/Her
Sinnoh
Pansexual
Scientist
Grunt
22 height
22 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
110 posts
Kano Iyona DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kano
Kano Iyona
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2021 8:33:22 GMT
Kano Iyona Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
when i knew the world wasn't meant for me,

[attr=class,lyric2]
you rescued me, you rescued me

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
i can offer nothing, still you won't let go

[attr=class,bulk]

The pain that arose from within, obstructed the pipe to breathe hindering one of the basic necessities for humans to survive. Yet, no fear nor despair presents in the eyes of the doctor - It has way past being fearful. Not once or twice, the doctor performs a makeshift defibrillator with her own hand to force herself to exhale and inhale at the smallest time frame, a procedure that she can't keep doing repeatedly as it will only bruise her chest more and possibly damage her rib cages. Yet, even with that danger looms around her - Another danger arrives as the sand tries to swallow her. [break][break]

The intellectual doctor has reduced to a frightful mess, her eyes turn lizardlike as if there is something is possessing her. Her own pokemon takes a step back feeling fear from their own trainer, a new kind of fear from the usual fear that Kano instills in them. Brain started to turn white, clouding herself from making a sound judgment. A hiss comes out from her mouth as she sprung to action and pummel the sand construct. [break][break]

The frightful Python graces their presence. [break][break]

zTV_vLDH[break]
Kano has chosen the Frightful Python

[attr=class,bottom-text]

@tag

[attr=class,punkihopecredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.punkihope .accentbg]background: #6C909A;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accentborder, .punkihope .bulk i]border-color: #6C909A;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accenttext, .punkihope .bulk b, .punkihope .bottom-text span a]color: #6C909A;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope]width: 500px; background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/pjeGnzr.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1, .punkihope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1 div, .punkihope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #3e3e3e; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk i]border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #3e3e3e; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

PookaPrince

Locke
He/They
September 20th
Vermillion City, Kanto
Homosexual
Postman
Civillian
Single
295 height
295 height
wage war on gravity
awards
1,080 posts
part of
TAG WITH @locke
Locke Jamison
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2021 17:35:02 GMT
Locke Jamison Avatar
[attr="class","charactername"]
445 for @raid
”M-Mostly, I think…” Locke coughed. They looked down at where they still held in their arms, and the bright pink egg lying beside them both. Shit. That’s one less healer. And right when things were getting really bad. Well, one thing at time. ”Hey, Eris, ya breathin’?” They wanted to check on her now, before some other disaster fell on the group.

Except it didn’t so much fall as rise to meet them.

Quicker than any human could react, was fighting for air against a black, inky hand. “Doug!” They cried as they scrambled to stand and reach the younger boy, only to be dragged back to the sandy bank just as quickly. The ground pulled at their feet, once again trying to swallow them whole.

Locke wrapped their arms around Eris again, desperately trying to push her above the hungry sands. Shi-Shi was quick to meet them, grabbing the girl by her hood and tugging her up and out to safety while her own trainer remained, half-buried and sinking.

And that’s when they saw the book, open and calling.

sym·pa·thy
/ˈsimpəTHē/

1. feelings of pity and sorrow
for someone else's misfortune.

Locke cares. He cares so much it’s a wonder he can get through most days without tearing himself apart for somebody else. And he knows a thing or two about caring more for others than they’ll ever care for you. Even now, while being buried alive, he feels some pity for the beast, trapped alone in this dark and terrible cage for who knows how long.

The beast does not care for him. It does not care for anything.

2. understanding between people;
common feeling.

There are things in this world Locke will never understand, as much as he would like to. Try as he might, he cannot understand the beast. He has never heard the call to hunt, has never felt bones snap and bodies break and known that it was him that did that.

The beast understands him. It understands prey.

3. the state or fact of responding in a way
similar or corresponding to an action elsewhere.

”Enter Beast,” Locke started, pausing to pull themselves against the flow of the earth in vain, then continued shakily, ”Shadow of humanity, Evil among evils.” As they spoke, the thread of Loony-Loony’s Destiny Bond still connected to the beast glowed, then multiplied. One, two, three, four, five, six threads in total appeared and circled around the room, one-by-one connecting the monster to the six remaining people in the group.

The vessels gather, the ritual begins, and somehow, here, far beneath the sky and earth,

Nótos howls.

tl;dr
Locke pushes Eris out of the sand with the help of his Absol, but remains stuck in the sand.
They start speaking the ritual words while their Drifloon uses Destiny Bond to connect everyone in the room to the beast
They form a connection with the South Wind
Et6Ct0Il
Permanent (+15)
??? (+36)
Have a Pokémon devolve (Audino)
Form an attachment to something/someone... (South Wind)
You discover the secret of Uneven Sympathy
1x You can prevent one major injury to yourself or another player (1x left)
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]font-style:italic;color:#A490FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2021 18:04:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin impacts the sand, staggering on uneven footing when it shifts beneath his feet. He's relieved to see and nearby, though that relief is short-lived when he also sees bony assailants clambering up the shore.

He's too far away, too slow, unless—

Lugia has dominion over the winds, said to rise from her deep ocean slumber to quell HURRICANES, or to cause them with a flap of her wings. His patron, though shadowed, gifts her avatar an echo of such blessing — miasma spreads in defiance of stagnant air, billowing around Gavin and marking him as Rocket's underboss, the Harbinger, an evil wind that knows no mercy.

He doesn't care if and take notice.

As the miasma swirls at his feet, Gavin reaches to pluck a handful of berries from the tree. Just in case. He breathes the purple-black mist that rolls over the sand like morning fog and with a burst of sudden speed, charges toward his allies.

"Get away from them!"

It is only 's lashing tentacles that stop him from going directly to his friend's side; he stops a safe distance away and snarls to what was once his Sylveon, now an irate Eevee who thankfully still possesses the ability to COPYCAT friend and foe alike.

"Help them!" He jabs a hand toward and their Drifloon.

A DESTINY BOND is formed, linking fates.

Niamh the Lucario lashes out at their foes, attempting to drive them back. Where she has claws, Gavin only has a flash of steel in the gloom. A death-grip is held on the knife, and Gavin lashes out at any foe that dares get close.

3glgUlcb +36

Gavin links himself to the HURRICANE as he demonstrates Shadow Lugia's dominion over the wind with the spread of his shadow miasma. He is not being subtle about it in the slightest, everyone can see.
He grabs some of the berries before charging toward Chu-e and Kano, only stopping when Necrozma tentacles lash out.
Lucario fights back against their attackers with her claws, Gavin with a knife b/c we're goin' down swingin'.
É̶͓Ȩ̷͈̀V̴̜̀E̷̟̖̾̚E̷̬͔̿̆ uses COPYCAT -> DESTINY BOND.
+36 for ?

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,720 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2021 18:24:18 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","adrie-cover"]
[attr="class","adrie-ban"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric1"]To the monster you became
[attr="class","adrie-b"]
[attr="class","adrie-c"]
[attr="class","adrie-lyric2"]I'll be your CONTRADICTION
[attr="class","top-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-content1"]
[attr="class","adrie-content2"]
[attr="class","adrie-img"]
[attr="class","adrie-img2"]
[attr="class","inner-finally"]She's alive, but with how much her lungs hurt and how much her scrapes burn, she kind of wishes she were dead. Though she's a little too tired to speak, she's sure her ragged breathing is more than enough of an answer to their questions.
[break][break]
At least, until the ground begins to grab at them once more. She can't scream but if she had the energy to, she'd sure be cussing the sand out by now. Damn the swear jars and all.
[break][break]
She's hungry to survive, fuelled by an anger that can't quite be quelled. For hurting the people around her, for making her bleed and suffer, for placing everyone into a maze of peril, something stirs deep within. Her fingers claw at whatever solid rock there may be, a cry muffled as she bites down onto her tongue. With every fibres of her being aiming for survival, she tears a path for herself, dragging herself from the sand and hauling herself out of danger.
[break][break]
But she can't stop there, not when the monster continues to bear down upon them.
[break][break]
Burn it all to ashes - A house of the holy, desecrated by rampant flames. Her Delphox and Turtonator bellow with the belly of a beast, fire pouring over and Incinerating the inky hand. Even the unevolved Klefki emerges in their time of need, Imprisoning the approaching ink and sand to the best of his abilities. In the mean time, Eris grabs at Locke's hand, digging her heels in, pulling with her full weight and screeching to the skies above.
[break][break]
If hell wishes to drag them under, if the heavens won't listen to their prayers, then she will bare her teeth and spare not. To burn away their twisted fate and swallow the lies that lay before them, the dormant Dragon finally stirs.
[break][break]
[break]
You can prevent one major injury to yourself or another player (, )[break]
Your egg hatches quickly[break]
Formed a connection with the Dragon[break]
2aRpMzkW
[attr="class","bottome-acc"]
[attr="class","adrie-note"]in the house of the unholy

KAY OF PIXEL PERFECT
[break][break]
[newclass=".adrie-cover"]background:#2B2B2B;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:450px;padding:10px;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-ban"]position:relative;z-index:0;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/rd13hMM.jpg);-webkit-clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);clip-path:polygon(50% 0%,100% 0,100% 75%,0 100%,0 0);width:450px;height:200px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric1"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:12px;text-shadow:1px 1px 0 #555,-1px -1px 0 #555,1px -1px 0 #555,-1px 1px 0 #555,3px 3px 5px #555;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2"]font-size:10px;color:#fff;letter-spacing:4px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;text-align:right;padding-top:6px;margin-left:125px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-lyric2 b"]font-size:11px;color:#f41111;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-b"]width:0;height:276px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:-50px;transform:skew(-20deg);transition:width 1s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-b"]width:600px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-c"]width:590px;height:200px;transform:skew(20deg);margin-left:-78px;background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3), rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3)), url(https://i.imgur.com/LkangdN.jpg);background-position:114px 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content1"]background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/vQW3tEE.png);padding-top:40px;margin-top:-50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2"]font-size:10px;line-height:14px;color:#a9a9a9;padding:40px;background:rgba(255,255,255,0);text-align:justify;font-family:arial;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-content2 b"]color:#b76e79;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-bg"]background:#f1f1f1;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:150px;margin-top:10px;height:400px;background-attachment:fixed;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-heads"]font-size:10px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:1px;background:#f9f9f9;color:#444;font-weight:900;border:solid 1px #2B2B2B;width:115px;margin-top:20px;font-size:9px;margin-left:5px;padding:10px 0px 10px 20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-icon"]transition:0.2s all;opacity:0;position:absolute;margin-top:16px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note"]font-size:8px;text-align:center;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;padding-top:18px;color:#fff;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-note a"]font-size:8px;font-family:roboto;letter-spacing:3px;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-solid"]background:#ca3f46;height:20px;margin-top:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".bottome-acc"]background:#581717;background-attachment:fixed;height:50px;margin-top:-25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img img"]margin-top:-80px;position:relative;position:absolute;margin-left:-30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-cover:hover .adrie-note"]transition:0.6s all;opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".top-acc"]-webkit-clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 55%,100% 100%,0% 100%);clip-path:polygon(0 90%,100% 50%,100% 100%,0% 100%);background:#581717;height:100px;margin-top:-100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".adrie-img2 img"]shape-outside:circle(50%)!important;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".inner-finally"]padding:20px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2021 18:45:34 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

YMCA

Into the abyss.

The relief brought by the sand does not last long, because while he's many things, lucky has never been one of them.

He's convinced he's one of the few people who could manage the otherwise impossible task of drowning on land, but manage it he is, slick tendrils of black ooze enwrapping his head like bandages, sealing all holes shut.

He thinks he hears someone shout his name- but he can hardly pay attention, panicked as he is, his hands clawing at the tendrils in desperation.

His Blissey-turned Chansey released a cry of distress, rushing to his side- but fingerless nubs for hands proved useless for the task.

Guttural growls rumbled in his chest as his fingers ripped and tore into the tendrils to no avail. They seemed endless, insurmountable, and the longer he flailed uselessly against them, the more hopeless things became.

Something told him he would not wake up again if he lost consciousness this time.

He was going to die. For real.

After so many struggles, so many close calls and so many promises, the hand of God would be the one to choke the lief out of him.

Would they be disappointed? Surely. He was letting them all down. He had let down.

Would she care...?

Disappointed? That's just silly. Care? Who would even have time to care?

They are all trapped with the monster as well- None of them will live to even know.

The uneven dunes of sand around him flattened suddenly as an invisible weight fell upon them, a cloud of dust spreading outwards along the water as his growls became louder.

Tense, veined Hands shrouded in a neon pink glow clamped furiously around black tendrils, a sizzling sound and a putrid smell filling the air as the young Captain slowly, forcefully pried them off, bits of skin and flesh slowly ripping away along with God's dark hand.

"Grghk... Hckgh...! Get- off!" He choked out in agony as he tore away it forcefully, pumping the black veins full of cancer, bubbling tumors emerging along their dark surface before. "Off... ME!"

With a disgusting rip, the young man tore the veins off his face and he snapped back to his feet in a desperate scramble, breathing deep and hard as the air finally returned to his lungs.

His Chansey's babble filled his ear as she rushed to his side, but he paid it no mind, only focusing on his breathing.

Oxygen! Thank G-!!!

A scream ripped out of his throat, his torso lurching forward as he hunched over and cradled his face, blood pouring onto the sand as his open wounds bubbled and sizzled.

His fingers clawed at his injuries as he continued to scream and shout, his Chansey quickly snapping her arms around him and attempting chime and sing his pain away, to no avail.

The injuries left in the wake of the creature burned.

He collapsed back onto his knees on the sand, his fists banging onto the dunes as he cried.

This thing had caused him so much distress and pain, taken his friend- it had had even killed him already.

For the first time in his life, something other than Rocket was igniting a genuine hatred in the youth's chest.

Before this thing killed any more of his friends, he... he...!

"I'll kill you, I'll kill you, I'll kill you...!" He hissed under his breath psychotically as tears mixed with blood, squeezing in pain at the sand. "Ah... Ah...!"

His hand suddenly reached out, wrapping around his Chansey before he slowly began forcing himself back to his feet, the egg like mon doing her best to assist him in his efforts while crying empathic tears down her own cheeks.

There was a deep enmity burning inside the kind pokemon, her loyalty to her trainer rising above her own gentle kindness.

Her dark eyes reached out for the creature hiding in the shadows, her jaw tensing. She would not let it get away with this... Not it, not anyone...!

A red gleam in her eyes proceeded the string of fate that suddenly stretched between her and the beast, connecting their fates to one another.

Somehow, he could see that string clearly, his eyes following it all the way to his enemy. His chest was filled with a rage that not his alone.

The last Demon had found its place.

The neon glowing dandruf slowly rising from the youth became an onrushing torrent.

cxoXzK6P+36

TL;DR:
-Lol drama
-Doug Angrey
-Chansey angrey
-Chansey used Copycat. Chansey used Destiny Bond.
-Doug has Hyoi Gattai with the Onrushing Demon.
?(+36)

Consequences:
Lose faith in yourself (+30)
You are pulled strongly towards the monster (+50)
Have a Pokemon devolve (+30)

Form an attachment to someone/something, then break that attachment (+30)

TAG: @

close tab

played by

D-Bug

Father Bill
he/him
November 24
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Daddy
Councilman
She's with Arceus now
78 height
78 height
awards
287 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bill
Bill Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2021 2:58:12 GMT
Bill Anderson Avatar

Red Route

BONDS WITH THE BEAST

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/908656483682623559/923052627112099870/YMCA_Conclusion.mp3[/player]

The Howl fills the cavern, ricocheting off the walls, as if the Six are surrounded by a pack of umbral wolves.

Threads,  like low-slung ropes of bloody saliva, drip from the hearts of all assembled, connecting them to the Beast.

is bound to the South Wind - He can sense and control the flow of air, and can fly short distances.

is bound to the Wrathful - His rage burns like a magnesium flare, blinding to look at and burning to anything nearby. He will continue to burn underwater.

is bound to the Frightful Python - She has complete muscular control, and can constrict others with crushing force. She can also swallow large objects.

is bound to the Hurricane - His actions are supernaturally fast, and with knife in hand he is a whirlwind of dark steel.

is bound to the Dragon - She can shape fire, changing its direction, color, and intensity.

is bound to the Onrushing - He can pursue any target relentlessly, building up speed and closing in on his mark with great speed. Doug can share this power with someone else while he is making physical contact with them.
saves , laying a blanket of shifting flames that burns away the ink. Were it not for her new powers, Doug would have been scorched by this act of kindness.

The Radiant Klefki emerges, Imprisoning the inky mass around Doug's face, allowing him to extract it from his throat.

and are Free.

has saved from a gruesome fate.
's Eevee copycats the Destiny Bond, and six more strings flow between them, connecting Gavin, Eevee, and Lucario all to and his Drifblim.

(The Hurricane) and (The South Wind) are linked, as are their Pokemon, and their Destinies.
In a maelstrom of dark steel, searing light, and crushing lengths of reptilian muscle, , , and tear through the rising sand constructs.

The islands below them shift and rock as the Giant Palossand they have all been standing on rises from the murk. Its mouth yawns wide, a portal to an early grave. It moves like a sand dune, surging and spreading, as the wave of gray, powdered bone and priestly ashes comes crashing down onto and .

Unless destroyed or avoided, the Giant Palossand will crush and .
As the air grows scorched and turbulent with their new powers, the Beast returns, a vast inky cloud, glistening with the oil-slick rainbow of the lake water. Its ancient eyes shift to its newest targets.

Gunk and ichor from hundreds of years of sacrifice fill the air as the space around and is torn open. Psychic fangs gnash at them and tarry claws grasp at their limbs, pulling and tearing, drawing the pair towards the water.

and are being grabbed and bitten by the beast. They must free themselves or one another before taking action.
BREAK THE BEAST

The bonds with the demons have been forged, and with them, the Six feel the manifold pulse of the creature in the water below.

Their fates, and their bodies, are linked with the creature.
Any damage inflicted on , , , , , and will be inflicted upon the creature.

To break the beast, you must break the demons.

To break the demons, you must break yourselves. Or each other.

This is the only way.
RED ROUTE
Your strange abilities will only last until the end of this round.

You can post as many times as you need this round. There is no posting order. Roll with each post where you are injured.

The round will end in ten days: December 31st at 8pm PT.

This is the FINAL ROUND of RED ROUTE.