TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Birds of a Feather [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2022 13:12:50 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

The mountain rises surrounded by water, as if what was left standing after an ancient flooding. Or, is it perhaps because it’s not meant to be easily accessed? Because what dwells in its heights is meant to stay at such a place? What came first: the isolation of Mt. Pyre or the graveyard it became?
[break][break]
Mars has asked himself these questions time and again, but whatever the answer may be, the truth is that its spectral inhabitants also roam down in the route beneath and that people climb up to its eerie peak on a regular basis. He himself does so every other week, and in his case, it has nothing to do with mourning, even if two of his own pokémon are buried at such a place…
[break][break]
”You’re not scared of ghosts, are you?” It’s an honest question, but spoken somewhat teasingly when looking at the man by his side – a just so slightly playful smirk tugging at his lips and everything. Usually, Mars would enjoy the peaceful solitude provided by these afternooon hikes up the mountain, but his freetime is ever too limited and after everything that happened when visiting the atelier at Ever Grande City, some time to talk alone with seemed needed.
[break][break]
A simple invitation to join him on one of his usual searches for Unown had been sent with a text message, although admittedly he hadn’t specified the location and time until the last moment…
[break][break]
Two birds, one stone?
[break][break]
And speaking of birds…
[break][break]
Mars’ own dark-feathered Braviary soars above them, casting a large shadow while azure flames flicker over its piercing gaze.

[attr="class","textwttag"]

[attr="class","textwtnotes"]

notes

[break]

Psychic / Ghost ♡

[attr="class","textwtpokes"][break]

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1, h2, h3] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes a] font: 10px Montserrat; color: #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtw] padding: 40px; background: #272727;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt span] display: inline-block; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes img] margin-top: -10px; padding-bottom: 5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Birds of a Feather [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2022 3:46:33 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
How could Barnaby pass up another outing with ? After the events at Fleur Tea Atelier, where yet another UNOWN had shown itself accompanied by shady characters, it came as no surprise that the ROCKET admin continued in his diligent hunt to complete the report.

And so they found themselves atop an ominous mountain, infamous for it's spiritual presence.

"A little." Barnaby admitted as Mars brought up the topic of ghosts, shrugging lightly. "Aren't we all, though?"

The idea of an afterlife was a nebulous, worrying thing, made ever more complicated by the presence of Ghost-type Pokémon. Were they true ghosts? If so, why didn't human spirits haunt places like Mt. Pyre as well?

Perhaps they did... they could simply be more reclusive than their Pokémon counterparts, Barnaby mused to himself.

"Admittedly, I don't really have much experience with ghosts. I have my Froslass, and..." A Poké Ball was recovered from his pocket and tossed in front of them. "This guy."

A spectral TYPHLOSION appeared in a burst of light, it's eerie violet-flamed collar casting a haunting glow around it. "My Quilava evolved into this in one of the recent distortions. Typhlosion, but not."

Barnaby glanced skyward, observing Mars' own odd Pokemon. "My Rufflet did the same. You saw Étienne at the atelier already. I have others as well."

[psychic/ghost]
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
Birds of a Feather [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 5:35:06 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MEDITITE APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TELEPATHY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BIDE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DETECT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HIGH JUMP KICK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENDURE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break][break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SPIRITOMB APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INFILTRATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HYPNOSIS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHADOW SNEAK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CURSE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Birds of a Feather [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2022 21:05:44 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”Aren't we all, though?”

[break]
Until recently, Mars would have disagreed, he would have laughed about it and claimed that the living are far more worthy of their fear than the dead, but all too well he remembers the way Natalia’s voice had beckoned him when meeting the Lake Guardians had almost broken his mind, and the thought of it sends a shiver down his spine.
[break][break]
”Aw, trésor, if you’re afraid, you can hold my hand.” While the words sound almost teasing, he holds out a hand all the same, with it offering a slight smile that is nothing but honest.
[break][break]
The offer remains even when his attention turns to Barnaby’s Typhlosion, amber eyes watching the spectral flames around the fire type’s neck. ”Typhlosion too, huh? Others among my pokémon have also changed… Do you go into those distortions often, Barnaby?”
[break][break]
Concern. That which exists for more than a few reasons, among them being what had occurred when he had ran into in one of those rifts. Mars would mention it, but it’s then that Boreas lets out a screech as if a battle cry, MYSTICAL FIRE soon engulfing a Spiritomb nearby. The ghost retaliates with SPITE, but the Braviary is nothing but fearless and relentless with his attacks. In fact, he only stops once Mars throws a Luxury Ball.

notes

[break]

Catching SPIRITOMB ♡

[newclass=.textwt] width: 400px; margin: 0 auto; font-family: roboto; color: #aaa; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align:justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt b] color: #60a697; font-size: 11.5px; font-family: trebuchet ms; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt a] text-decoration: none; font-size: 11px; font-weight: lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt h1] font-size: 13px; font-weight: lighter; color: #60a697; letter-spacing: .5px; line-height: 0px; font-family: monospace; text-transform: uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwt u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #60a697; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag] text-align: right; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-top: 20px; font: 10px monospace; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwttag a] font: 11px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; color: #60a697!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes] text-align: justify; padding: 20px 40px 10px 40px; font: 10px monospace; letter-spacing: .3px; border-top: solid 1.5px #323232; [/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtnotes h1] font: 14px Montserrat; font-weight: 800!important; font-style: italic; letter-spacing: 0px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #60a697; text-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #1e1e1e; padding-bottom: 5px; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.textwtpokes] text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; background: #60a697; padding: 5px; width: 390px; margin-left: -40px; margin-bottom: -40px; margin-top: 10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
i fell for your magic. i tasted your skin. and though this is tragic, at least i found the end.
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Birds of a Feather [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 21, 2022 2:23:17 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
When had holding 's hand become so easy? It almost felt natural, at this point, that their fingers be intertwined. So, Barnaby gladly took the offered hand, enjoying the warmth the small touch afforded him.

"How kind of you, Martín." He replied in a similar tone, rolling his eyes with a smirk on his lips.

"Mmm... my Stantler and Decidueye changed as well. Who knows how many more type of Pokémon are affected by the distortions?" Barnaby figured there had to be research going in relation to the phenomena. Surely it was only a matter of time before the public was given more information. Meanwhile...

"... I do, actually. For work." He paused before adding, "My journalist work. I was accidentally caught in the first distortion and they've asked me to cover them ever since. I've gotten some great footage so far, actually."

These had been dangerous endeavors, however. And yet he found himself drawn to the chaotic energy more and more. The mystery intrigued him.

"What about you?" He asked, squeezing Mars' hand.
SKIPPING

[psychic/ghost]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Birds of a Feather [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 1:08:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SIGILYPH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] WONDER SKIN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIRACLE EYE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GRAVITY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAILWIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SYNCHRONOISE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD PALOSSAND APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SHORE UP
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SAND ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ABSORB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEGA DRAIN

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
CAUGHT THE SPIRITOMB!

close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Birds of a Feather [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2022 3:43:46 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

”Oh, my Stantler changed too, and my Samurott… I also ran into one of the pokémon that attacked everyone when we went into the Tree of Life. I think it’s some kind of Scyther.” It’s calmly and without trouble that Mars retells the tales of some of his own experiences within the time-space distortions, his hand holding that of with natural ease. Perhaps it’s because of it that he feels so calm, for there’s something undeniably soothing about it.
[break][break]
Is it silly to think as much? Perhaps, and so, Mars doesn’t dwell on the matter, just how he stops himself from thinking of the fact that it probably shouldn’t feel so comfortable and right to hold the hand of someone who is supposed to be no more than a friend to him. He simply listens, giving a gentle squeeze.
[break][break]
”Sounds like they’re giving you interesting work.” He chuckles with the comment, noticing how up ahead, the terrain shifts unnaturally. Sand gathers, and Mars whistles to call the Braviary’s attention to it. ”Do you go alone or with a cameraman? Distortions can get really dangerous.” That much he knows well. Better than most people, maybe.
[break][break]
Aura-enhanced ESPER WINGS cut through the air, hitting the spot ahead. The Palossand reveals itself due to the strike, and it attempts to retaliate with a SAND ATTACK. Boreas isn’t having it, of course, screeching menacingly as powerful winds begin to blow.
[break][break]
”Boreas, I think that’s quite enough, no?” Mars smirks, throwing a Luxury Ball before returning his attention to Barnaby. ”I’ve been into a few, actually… Probably more than what I should have.”

notes

[break]

Catching PALOSSAND ♡

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Birds of a Feather [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2022 0:46:18 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
"The same Pokémon in the Tree of Life and in one of these distortions?" He left the rhetorical question hanging for a moment, pondering the significance and probable correlation between the two locations.

"Do you go alone or with a cameraman?"

He thought of Tomás, so happy-go-lucky with the kind of infectious personality that anyone could fall for; a bright light in the darkness. Then, another thought, of the cameraman felled by a rampaging Pokémon - his loved ones aching the loss, his wife screaming in disbelief, his children crying out for their father.

"Alone." Barnaby replied, looking out toward the fading sunset. "It's easier that way. I just film it vlog-style, with a camera strapped to my chest." Not a cinematic masterpiece by any means, but good enough for an eager public wishing to dispel some of the terrifying mystery behind the distortions.

He watched as the sun began slipping below the horizon; already faint stars were appearing in the sky. Before it became too dark, Barnaby noticed a silhouette descending from above and moving closer to where they stood. When it came within range he nodded for Fantôme to attack. "Infernal Parade."

The TYPHLOSION went off to do as it was told, leaving Barnaby to turn back to and his BRAVIARY. It took a particularly aggressive approach in it's assault - overkill, honestly. "Quite ferocious, your Boreas. A wild beauty." He appreciated the bird's sleek black feathering, his crown of vibrant blue energy.

"... What reason do you have to go into the distortions?" It came out almost like an accusation. Barnaby's voice was pleasant as always, of course, but there was the thinnest undertone of worry there. As Mars had said, these were dangerous places.
catching SIGILYPH

[psychic/ghost]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Birds of a Feather [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 1:34:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD JELLICENT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CURSED BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RECOVER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER GUN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]NIGHT SHADE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WATER PULSE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MISMAGIUS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]GROWL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWER GEM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ASTONISH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PHANTOM FORCE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
BOTH OF YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Birds of a Feather [DW]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2022 19:34:04 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

Alone.
[break][break]
”It would be hypocritical of me to tell you not to go in there alone, wouldn’t it?” Mars sighs, smiling faintly, for even if he can be a great hypocrite when it comes to certain things, this time it’s too obvious even to him. Still, obvious as his hypocrisy may be, it doesn’t wash away the concern he feels when knowing that walks into such dangerous situations with no one to back him up in case of anything. He doesn’t let go of his hand, squeezing gently. ”Just… Be careful, alright?”
[break][break]
It doesn’t need to be said, but he says it anyway, sighing once more as he watches the Braviary of dark plumage. Just as Barnaby comments on the bird’s ferocity, a Mismagius appears by way of PHANTOM FORCE, and this too is something Boreas doesn’t seem to approve of. Despite having been caught by surprise at first, soon enough, the ghost is in the grasp of the Braviary’s merciless talons, MYSTICAL FIRE burning bright and hot thanks to SHEER FORCE.
[break][break]
Another Luxury Ball is thrown before he answers Barnaby’s question.
[break][break]
”The report.” Of course it’s the report. What other reason could he have? Opening a portal between dimensions had linked him to the Unown Report in ways he can’t even put to words, and the distortions are rifts in space-time. Mars is not a man who believes in coincidences, there has to be a connection…

D I M E N S I O N[break][break]
T E M P O R A L

As per usual, thoughts of the sort bring Unown report entries to mind, but are pokémon like his strange Braviary from another world or from another time?
[break][break]
”My Unown too. Training them. I had speculated that the veil between dimensions is thinner during distortions, so it might be easier to open portals.”
[break][break]
His tone is quiet as they walk, for it’s clear that this is something he’s only speaking of because he trusts Barnaby.

notes

[break]

Catching MISMAGIUS ♡

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Birds of a Feather [DW]
POSTED ON May 1, 2022 21:09:12 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Despite the gravity of their situation - with both of them risking life and limb venturing into the distortions - Barnaby couldn't help but smile back at Mars' question.

"Yes, absolutely. You'd be the biggest hypocrite, in fact." It came out playful, but of course there was a sliver of truth there. Their lives were inherently dangerous, anyway, but Mars' especially seemed to attract perilous situations. Unfortunately, there was no way to avoid the inevitable.

"Just… Be careful, alright?”

"Always. I have too much to live for to be careless." Another squeeze of the admin's hand, hoping he'd catch on. You're stuck with me. "That goes both ways, though, hm?"

Their conversation naturally pauses as more Pokémon wander into their vicinity. As Boreas began his assault on a MISMAGIUS, Barnaby noticed a JELLICENT floating idly along the path ahead. His eyebrows scrunching in confusion, he looked around for signs of water - shouldn't this overgrown jellyfish be swimming in a pond or something? Whatever the case, Fantôme wouldn't be a good match against this particular Pokémon. So, Barnaby released another of his that had been influenced by the distortion's energy.

Guerrier appeared and immediately rushed forward toward his target, auburn leaves bristling as he prepared to attack with Razor Leaf. The fight was brief, with the Hisuian DECIDUEYE having received minor damage from the wild Pokémon's Water Pulse. It was felled soon after, though.

Once the JELLICENT was caught, Barnaby again returned his full attention to . He listened, gravely quiet, as the other man spoke of the Unown Report and training his growing hoard of unassumingly powerful Pokémon.

"How goes your training? Have you been able to open another portal?"

He'd let Mars answer before moving onto another question that had been on his mind. "Why do you think the distortions are happening now? What's causing them?"
catching JELLICENT

[psychic/ghost]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Birds of a Feather [DW]
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 5:15:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOLETT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] KLUTZ
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HAMMER ARM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]NIGHT SHADE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DYNAMIC PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHADOW PUNCH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD UNOWN-? APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEVITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HIDDEN POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
Birds of a Feather [DW]
POSTED ON May 2, 2022 19:48:28 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","textwt"]
[attr="class","textwtw"]

A simple squeeze of his hand expresses a sentiment much deeper than what is put to words, and reading between the lines, Mars reciprocates the gesture. There had once been times when he had doubted that there was anything of true value left for him in this world, but what he experienced during his encounter with the Lake Trio and later with Barnaby himself had quickly worked to dispel those doubts, as well as everything that had happened when he and were sent to a different dimension. Because of all of that, his own response comes calmly, yet with no hesitation. ”I know.”
[break][break]
When a Jellicent appears, Barnaby calls out a Decidueye that doesn’t really look much like the Decidueyes he knows from his visits to Alola, and it reminds Mars that the journalist had mentioned said bird also changing in the distortions. Odd. As far as he can tell, the pokémon that do change within them are from a variety of places instead of one singular region. Are these forms from a variety of places too?
[break][break]
”Hmm… Not exactly. I think that to open a portal you probably need to have a specific destination in mind. I tried opening one to Ultra Space, but that went rather poorly.” And by ’rather poorly’ he means that something attacked them from within the small rift they created – something too powerful to be some regular pokémon. Still, Mars doesn’t go into detail, nor does he mention the involvement of Hoenn’s champion.
[break][break]
”What’s causing the distortions?” The question is repeated, and he does have an answer in mind, but before he can voice it, Mars finds himself pausing.... There’s that feeling, that of being watched; one he has experienced one too many times before, but that in this place, in this sort of situation, at this very moment, reminds him of…
[break][break]
A screech pierces through the air, interrupting his thoughts, and when looking up, Mars sees Boreas staring at a spot right behind them. The Braviary spreads its wings, concentrating aura energy, and the admin’s eyes widen, holding Barnaby close and teleporting them only a couple of metres away – out of harm’s way.
[break][break]
The powerful ESPER WING attack seems to mostly startle the Unown-? and if it had been capable of being more expressive, it would have probably quickly gone from disinterested to annoyed. ”Boreas! Be careful!”
[break][break]
HIDDEN POWER is avoided just in time, and it is with a HURRICANE that the Braviary of dark plumage retaliates, strong winds rising in Mt. Pyre.
[break][break]
Mars takes the Unown’s CONFUSION as a chance to throw a Luxury Ball, and it’s only when the pokémon disappears into the sphere that he allows himself a deep exhale.
[break][break]
”An Unown-? …”
[break][break]
Naturally, without him even asking them to or pushing them forward, all the Unown Report entries made by Unown of such kind quickly come to mind:

PALKIA[break][break]
THUNDURUS[break][break]
DIALGA[break][break]
ZACIAN[break][break]
WYRDEER[break][break]
MAGEARNA[break][break]
YVELTAL[break][break]
ENAMORUS[break][break]
ZAMAZENTA[break][break]
LUNALA[break][break]
NECROZMA

notes

[break]

Catching UNOWN-? ♡

close tab

played by

Dove

Admin Bee
He / Him
April 12
Lumiose City, Kalos
Pansexual
Broadcast Journalist
Admin
if you're lonely
come be lonely with me
6'0" / 183 cm height
6'0" / 183 cm height
awards
2,202 posts
part of
TAG WITH @barnaby
BARNABY FINCH
Birds of a Feather [DW]
POSTED ON May 10, 2022 17:56:10 GMT
BARNABY FINCH Avatar
Martín! Ultra Space?” A statement spoken in disbelief and followed by an exasperated sigh. Barnaby was almost glad to hear it was an unsuccessful endeavor because what would Mars have done if he had opened a portal? Just stoll on into Ultra Space? A dimension known to house lethal giants that had already attacked Hoenn on at least one occasion? Barnaby nearly balked at the thought.

Their conversation shifted to talk of the space-time distortions, but the topic was short-lived as something caught Boreas’ eye. The huge raptor immediately went on the offensive… unfortunately with little regard for the humans in the vicinity. Before the present danger could truly sink in, Barnaby felt Mars’ arm pull around his waist - then, nothing.

The only thing that registered was a momentary feeling of weightlessness, similar to when he Teleported with his RALTS, before their feet found purchase on land once again. God, would Barnaby ever get used to such a thing? Or the fact that was the one teleporting around using this superhuman power? He felt himself lean into the admin without meaning to, unaccustomed to the sudden sensation.

The pair had traveled a considerable distance away from the ensuing battle between the BRAVIARY and… wait, could it be… ?

An UNOWN. And not one of Mars’ considerable horde. Barnaby watched the impressive display as the two Psychic-types faced off, almost missing the GOLETT that had snuck up behind Fantôme. Luckily, Guerrier had his back and attacked the wild Pokemon with a volley of Razor Leafs. It was felled quickly and soon secured within a Poke Ball.

Merde... another one for your collection, then.” He said, still pressed against Mars’ side.
catching GOLETT

[psychic/ghost]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Birds of a Feather [DW]
POSTED ON May 12, 2022 3:56:24 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD MEDITITE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] PURE POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIND READER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MEDITATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DETECT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BIDE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LITWICK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INFILTRATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]CURSE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]NIGHT SHADE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLAME BURST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MINIMIZE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]