Katherine Fairburne
Cultural Festival!
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 2:49:32 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","luck"]
[attr="class","postbody"]

"They sure do," more often than she'd like to admit, in fact. "but I don't think I can really complain." Giratina certainly wouldn't care if it heard that Katherine lost glasses in their realm. Not to mention, she has enough money to buy a new glass for every future drink she'll ever have.
[break][break]
"Oh," so Skyler wasn't trying to swindle a helpless woman earlier. Good to know.
[break][break]
At the mention of freeze booze, Katherine finally decides to taste-test the wine, savoring the flavor and aroma for several long-drawn moments. "Not bad."
[break][break]
But wine alone is not enough to sate her. "But I know how to make this better."
[break][break]
She searches for more with her eyes, a stand with anything that might draw her attention. Preferably anything that's not art-related. And soon enough, she finds a pastry stand. With a glass of wine in their hands and croissants in the other, the two of them might just feel as though they've landed in Kalos; thus, Katherine quickly moves to purchase two chocolate croissants. One for each.
[break][break]
She doesn't precisely tell Skyler where she's headed or to come with her, but instead, she returns with the pastries in separate, warm paper bags, offering one to the sailor.
[break][break]
"Here you go," she may have not asked for it, but she absolutely needed it. That much Katherine was sure of.
[break][break]

[break]
ROUND 1 PROMPTS[break]
open for interactions![break]
1) Buy a treat for a friend[break]
2) Make a comment about the art[break]
3) Notice how weirdly hot it's getting

[attr="class","accent"]
[attr="class","fas fa-moon"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]
@

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","swarmbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[newclass=".katherine"]--accent:#963030;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck"]margin:0px auto -10px; width:450px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:#2b2b2b; color:#ddd; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; border:1px solid #232323; text-transform:lowercase; letter-spacing:0.2px; font:12px 'Roboto'; position:relative; overflow:hidden; z-index:1;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody b"]font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; color:var(--accent); } .luck .postbody i { color:var(--accent); letter-spacing:0.5px; } .luck .postbody u { letter-spacing:1px; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; } .luck .postbody a { color:var(--accent); font:bold 13px/10px 'Poppins'!important; text-transform:lowercase!important; letter-spacing:-0.5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .lyrics"]color:#fff; position:absolute; top:20px; right:30px; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:0px 15px; border-radius:5px; transition:1s all; font:bold 10px 'Poppins'; color:#333; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics b"]color:var(--accent); font-size:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .lyrics a"]font:bold 12px 'Poppins'; color:#333!important; font-weight:700; letter-spacing:-1px; transition:1s all; text-transform:lowercase!important; } .luck .lyrics span {transition:1s all;} .luck:hover .lyrics span { color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:1px; transition:1s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .postbody"]padding:30px; border-radius:5px; margin:50px 30px 45px; position:relative; z-index:99; background:rgba(50,50,50,0.5);[/newclass]
[newclass=".luck .postbody img"] float: left; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; margin: 1px 31px 21px 1px; height:100px; width:100px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".luck .accent"]font-size:70px; color:#222; opacity:0.8; position:absolute; top:5px; left:15px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".swarmbottom"]background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:50px; width:450px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; border-top:none; position:relative; z-index:99;[/newclass]
[newclass=".swarmbottom .pkmnbar"] text-align:center; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img { margin-top:-15px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:1s all; } .swarmbottom .pkmnbar img:hover { transition:1s all; filter:none; [/newclass]

[newclass=".milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; top:2px; right:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); } .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all; color:#333!important; } .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]

[googlefont=Open+Sans:400,600|Poppins:500,600,700|Roboto|Roboto+Mono]
close tab

played by

lucina

She / Her
June 10
Ecruteak City, Johto
Ace / ?-romantic
Boba Cafe Barista
Elite
May you always know pain as temporary and laughter better.
awards
340 posts
part of
TAG WITH @xiura
Xiura Balfaltin
Cultural Festival!
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 4:04:15 GMT
Xiura Balfaltin Avatar
[attr="class","ig"]
[attr="class","ninety"]
[attr="class","joker"]
[attr="class","game"]

A SWEET TASTE OF CULTURE

[attr="class","kikan"]

"I think you have an eye for flowers as well as blades, Aurelie," Xiura said, still inwardly delighted she had officially made her first friend in Hoenn. "Such tall, elegant flowers would only lend to the piece's aesthetic, surely." She looked to for confirmation, before scanning the dazzling array of tropical flower arrangements for sale.

The vase had been such a pretty gift, and Xiura could already picture where she would place it in the café. Xiura felt compelled to examine more of the florist's wares to see if perhaps there might be a gift she could present in return. The wristlets of fresh flowers and seashells were beautiful, and while the blossoms might dry over time, the knotted patterns of twine wreathing the delicate shells were sure to last quite a long while.

Xiura picked up a bracelet of crimson hibiscus and pearlescent white shells, as well as one of white jasmine and mother-of-pearl beads. "May I purchase these, Miss Fiorelli?" She carefully pressed some coin into Elisabeth's hands and then turned to present the hibiscus bracelet to .

"While I have a much less eloquent presentation ready," Xiura said, "I beseech you to accept this token of friendship, and I hope that ours shall flourish just as beautifully as these blooms."

"If I may, mademoiselle?" Xiura asked with exaggerated grandeur, curtseying deeply before slipping the bracelet onto Aurelie's wrist. With a grin, she slid the jasmine bracelet onto her own arm, lifting her wrist to breathe in the flowers' sweet scent.

Open to interactions! | |

SUMMARY
- Selling 7 different types of fruity boba teas: mango, lychee, peach, pineapple, rose apple, strawberry, and winter melon!
- Froslass and Incineroar are managing the sales and boba tea-dispensing.

ROUND ONE PROMPTS
1) Buy a treat for a friend
2) Make a comment about the art
3) Notice how weirdly hot it's getting

ℳ𝒾𝓏𝑜.☽[newclass=.joker]width: 360px; height: 140px; padding: 20px; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .joker]background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); -moz-transition: 3s all; -webkit-transition: 3s all; -o-transition: 3s all; transition: 1s all;[/newclass][newclass=.game]text-align:center; line-height: 9px; margin-top:10px;opacity:0;font:bold 10px muli; letter-spacing: 2px; color: #ffffff; text-transform: uppercase; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-delay: .3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.game a]font:bold 10px muli; letter-spacing: 2px; font-style: italic; color: #ffffff;[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .game]margin-top:0px;opacity:1;transition-delay: .3s; -webkit-transition-duration:.3s;transition-duration:.3s;-moz-transition-duration:.5s;[/newclass][newclass=.ninety]width:400px;height:180px;background-image:url(https://i.imgur.com/RtMX5HV.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kikan]width: 65px; height: 65px; border: 1px solid #e3e3e3; transform: rotate(45deg); z-index: 2; margin-top: -27px; margin-bottom: -39px; filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);[/newclass][newclass=.ig:hover .kikan]filter: grayscale(0%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);-moz-filter: grayscale(0%); transition: 0.6s; transition-timing-function: linear;[/newclass][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Open+Sans]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,892 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Cultural Festival!
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 13:40:58 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Cultural Festival

Hanging out with the crew to ward off the existential despair of living in Hoenn.

sticking to Reiner wasn't exactly a new, as of yet unheard of phenomenon, but the fact that she was doing so around Doug and the rest of the kids just threw more oil into the fire in Doug's belly.

As soon as he could get her distracted with festival games, he and Reiner were planning a murder.

"We're all a bit crazy 'ere in Hoenn. That's why we still live here." Doug said dryly, though he wondered if perhaps he should visit sometime to check up on her.

The woman was usually very cheerful, but after being kidnapped by rocket who knew what might be going on with her head.

Reaching over to pat Eris, he hummed.

"I prefer the heat to the cold." He said, tilting his head back to look up at the sky. "Even this ungodly heat. It's a good excuse to go to da beach, don'cha think?"

Living in slateport, if the day was particularly hot, Doug and the rest of the slum kids could always just go to the beach or harbor and have fun.

But there was no easy way out of the cold when you were homeless.

"Specially since we're in Lilycove!" He said, standing on his tip toes and using his hand as a visor to try and look over the folk around them, grinning at the sight of the beach in the distance. "We can go there as soon as we've run outta games. What'cha all think?"

He turned his gaze towards and with a grin, chomping on his ice cream.

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,486 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Cultural Festival!
POSTED ON May 21, 2022 19:22:31 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Food always tasted better when ordered on someone else’s PokeDime. Hideo wouldn’t refuse using ’s (as if the boy had the choice there).

Taking a bite out of his new-purchased dango, Hideo turned to . “Yup! I got six badges now~ I’m sure I’ll get a shot at the Elite Four by the middle of the year!” Before the year he’d given himself to do it all? Maybe, maybe not. Not like he couldn’t just give himself more time; nothing actually tied him to the year-long time he’d written for his parents.

Because focusing on that was so much better than focusing on everything that had happened in the past couple months. From he stood to lose…from what he’d already lost…it was-

blink blink blink

Those thoughts disappeared as the lights on his Beheeyem’s hand blinked. The Pokemon didn’t even move its hands - its action probably wouldn’t be noticed unless someone had been looking right at its hand.

And I got plenty of strong Pokemon, so I’m sure you’ll see me up top in no time!

R1 Prompts:
Buy a treat for a friend
Make a comment about the art
Notice how weirdly hot it's getting

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
Life isn't a game of luck. If you want to win, work hard.
awards
424 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Cultural Festival!
POSTED ON May 22, 2022 1:51:46 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Aaron nodded in agreement. The beach sounded heavenly. And much quieter than this racket. Hideo loudly proclaimed about getting his sixth badge. Two more, and he can challenge the Elite Four. That will be fun to watch. Hopefully Hideo can challenge at least two of them before the end of the year. But he can imagine they were very busy as well. Giving the little guy small smile, Aaron couldn't help but give a remark. "And you'll be an inspiration to a lot of people. You might not see me, but I'll be wearing a cheerleader's outfit and cheering you on." Even with the dry delivery, he wasn't completely joking. He has done that before for his older brother. Because why not?

Beach after games...sounded like a plan to him. Hopefully Eris would like that too. His Magneton would love to play ball or something with anyone...it hadn't grown out of that. "Sounds good to me. Which game should we do first?"

close tab

played by

yams

temporary
he/him
may 3rd
pacifilog, hoenn
big homo
housewife
beast
you are my
church tonight
6'2" height
6'2" height
awards
2,704 posts
part of
TAG WITH @temp
Tempest Quinn
Cultural Festival!
POSTED ON May 29, 2022 2:54:06 GMT
Tempest Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","contestBG"]
[attr="class","SMART"]
[attr="class","contestRibbon"]
[attr="class","contestHead"]
[attr="class","contestIMG"]

[attr="class",""]

[attr="class","contestAnnouncer"]
[attr="class","th th-quote-down"]

[attr="class","contestAnnouncerText" style="margin-left:0;margin-top:0;"]

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/607035775124504589/971107593986666526/Deluge_Dirge_-_Splatoon_2_OST_128_kbps.mp3[/player][break][break]

[attr="class","contestAnnouncerText" style="margin-left:0;margin-top:0;"]
The Gym Leader and host of this event, is hobbling around on his crutches amongst the crowd. He will stop and chat with anyone who approaches. He mostly, however, seems to be taking the job of a guide and storyteller very seriously. Outside, in the very center plaza, a stage is cleared. Temp and a jovial looking man step onto it; mic feedback squeals, making Temp wince as he takes it.[break][break]

"Hi everyone! We're about to start a special show of the Kindlers from Lavaridge performing a Sun Dance! But first, I want to thank you all for coming! I also want to thank this kind man for allowing us to use the Lilycove Museum for this event!" He gave the man a pat on the back, unaware it was 's father. He looked very pleased with himself. "I hope everyone has a great time!"[break][break]

The two bustled off the stage and a group of Kindlers took their place. The seven of them were all dressed in vibrant reds and oranges. Flames danced as they started to move, lit torches being thrown and tossed with grace. Torkoal, Slugma, and Numel assisted with their own flames and puffs of smoke. It was enrapturing.[break][break]

And it seemed to work! A Sunny Day had successfully been summoned, the already sweltering sun seemed to beat down even hotter. It would be the perfect time to visit the stalls and get more acquainted with any offered cold drinks! Nothing at all unusual happening here!

[break][break][break][break]
RULES AND GOALS

[break][break]
The Cultural Festival is both a mega thread and a mini-event! It takes place over the course of one afternoon in early May, the same day as the Cultural Contest.[break][break]

There will be Five Rounds of the event, with a new Round posted roughly once a week. Each Round will have 3 optional Prompts to participate in. You can participate in the event without doing the Prompts- but if you complete all three of them each Round, you will get a small prize![break][break]

This is a drop-in, drop-out Event. You're not obligated to post and there is not sign-up! Just have a good time! The Prompts, while they have prizes attached to them, are also optional! You can post as much or as little as you like at any time![break][break]

You can not complete Prompts from a past Round if a new Round is posted.[break][break]

You can also only do ONE Prompt per post.[break][break]

If you complete all 15 Prompts with one character, you can also claim a Shell Badge from Gym Leader ![break][break]

ROUND TWO PROMPTS
[break][break]

Prize for Completing all 3 Prompts this round:[break]
1 Free Fire Move
[break][break]

1) Watch the Kindler's Dance[break][break]
2) Mention or Visit a stall, brand, or product made by another character[break][break]
3) Notice how it's starting to smell like ozone and the ground is g̵ l i͜ t͘ ̢c͞h ̶i ̧n ̶g̸

[break][break][break]
HAVE FUN!

[break]
ROUND TWO POST ON 06/15!
[break][break]
Contact Yams here or in the Discord server (or DMs) if you have any questions or concerns

[newclass=.CUTE]--contestAccent:#D66A9B[/newclass]
[newclass=.COOL]--contestAccent:#ce6f54[/newclass]
[newclass=.BEAUTY]--contestAccent:#546fad[/newclass]
[newclass=.CLEVER]--contestAccent:#548e37[/newclass]
[newclass=.TOUGH]--contestAccent:#c1a73f[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,486 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Cultural Festival!
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 16:58:31 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
I’m gonna hold you to that, you know~” Not that he cared much about having a cheerleader, but he idea of getting dressed up and dancing just for him got a snort from the boy. “Elga here’ll tell me if it looks good enough. Right, Elga?

Hideo’s Beheeyem drank through the Charja-Cola™, a drink one of Hideo’s favorite streamers ( ) liked to advertise. A small blink on one hand sent Hideo the message: sure.

I’ll let you guys choose the game,” Hideo said, devouring his dango with ease and celerity. “Though if it’s some kind of shooting game, you’ll be surprised how good I am at those! Got Andy to wonder if I was really blind.

Shame he hadn’t heard from in a while.

R1 Prompts:
Watch the Kindler's Dance
Product Placement
Notice the ozone smell and ground glitching

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
424 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Cultural Festival!
POSTED ON May 30, 2022 18:47:16 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Aaron shrugged. He was a man of his word. And admittedly, he looked good in a cheerleader's uniform. "I'll give him props if he transerred the image to your head." He also got a Charja-Cola. He didn't pay much attention to streamers, but had been mentioned in a few articles and what products he sponsered. Looking at a shooting game, he listened to Hideo mentioning one, and a certain Blackadder. "I don't care how good you are, we're here to have fun...here's a shooting game to try out." He was curious, but he more wanted a distraction. Last time he saw Andy, they found a dead body. And almost made Aaron divulge a close secret.

Aaron took the stand first, and tried it. He did get a high score, but still placed seventh. Not bad at all. But he really wanted to see how Hideo took care of business. Eris was likely to get a high score as well, seeing that she had carried a crossbow at times...it would be odd if she didn't know how to use it despite her age.

Current Prompts:

Product Placement Check

close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,058 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Cultural Festival!
POSTED ON May 31, 2022 21:06:28 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monlyrics"]Culture opens the sense of beauty.
[attr="class","monbody"]"Why, thank you!" Aurelie exclaimed, her face brightening with delight as she accepted the bracelet of twined seashells and hibiscus flowers from . "What a lovely gift, and such a pretty speech to go with it. Two gifts that go  together as perfectly as flowers and vases should be a promising start to any friendship!

"Although,"
she couldn't resist quipping as she carefully fastened the bracelet around her wrist, "now that I've put it on, I can't help feeling like a teenager about to go to a high school dance. Hopefully, that's still in the spirit of the cultural festival."

Nevertheless, she took a moment to admire the vibrant red tropical flowers now adorning her wrist and to enjoy the gentle clinking of the seashells as they clicked and chimed against each other. She nodded appreciatively to in salute to a fellow craftswoman, charmed by the ephemeral grace of her floral wares. Again, she hoped those flowers would manage to endure and withstand the ever-growing heat of the day—so different from her own durable creations of steel, iron, and wood.

When and the other festival host announced the special show of the Kindlers, Aurelie perked up immediately in anticipation. Looking toward the plaza, she could see people milling around the stage where the dancers were performing, blocking her own view except for a few tantalizing glimpses of a vivid plume of flame, a torch being tossed, or a swish of red and orange cloth. Overhead, the sun blazed even hotter and more brilliantly than ever, and she belatedly recognized the effects of SUNNY DAY being activated, no doubt further empowering the fiery spectacle. A bead of sweat trickled down her forehead toward her eye, and she flicked it away just before it dripped over her eyelid.

"In this heat, I imagine your boba tea stall will be wildly popular," she said to Xiura. "I only hope your Pokemon will be up to the demand! That is, assuming the lemonade stand doesn't steal all the customers first," she added laughingly, eyeing the beverages that Elisabeth and her gentleman friend were drinking.

"As for me, I'm going to go watch that fire dance," Aurelie declared, craning her head again toward the main plaza where the Kindlers were putting on their enthralling display. Her lips quirked into an amused grin as she turned to take a step toward the plaza where the stage was located, the seashells in her flower bracelet tinkling softly. "And even if I end up getting heatstroke for my efforts at trying to get a better view, I think it'll be worth it."

[attr="class","montag"] | Open for interaction
ROUND 2 PROMPTS
1) Watch the Kindlers dance
2) Mention or visit a stall, brand, or product made by another character
3) Notice how it's starting to smell like ozone and the ground is glitching

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.mon]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mon img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:11px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag]text-align:center;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag a]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
stare it down, the abyss. run away, run away from it.
awards
8,031 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
Cultural Festival!
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 5:10:50 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
As steps up to converse with , Gavin offers a curt nod of farewell and steps away from the FIORELLI FLORISTRY stall. The oppressive heat has turned his once-cold lemonade room temperature, and his nose wrinkles with distaste as he realizes it. Best finish the rest of it, now, before it got warm.

The screech of the microphone draws his eye, and his lip twitches as takes the stage.

Gavin starts to thread his way through the crowd to get a better look at the stage, grimacing as the Sunny Day further turns up the heat. Why couldn't this be a festival themed around ice?

ROUND 2 PROMPTS
1) Watch the Kindler's Dance
2) Mention or Visit a stall, brand, or product made by another character
3) Notice how it's starting to smell like ozone and the ground is g̵lit͘c͞hing̸
Open to interactions! He's in disguise, but fellow Rockets who know him are free to know who he is (perhaps he told them, etc).

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,486 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Cultural Festival!
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2022 23:00:05 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
"He isn't that great with images," Hideo said, following towards a shooting game. "I'd just trust him if he said you dress the part. I'm sure everyone else will get the image though~"

As he waited for his turn, his Beheeyem notified him of a dance being performed. He could recall mentioning a dance being performed by some "Kindlers", but unfortunately, his Beheeyem wasn't very good at giving him the details of their performance either.

Besides, it was soon his turn to play.

His shots were slow and steady; while he had sheer luck at the Vital Festival, this time he had a Telepathic Pokemon helping him out. His Beheeyem helped point out where the targets were, so Hideo actually knew where to aim. That crossbow practice with definitely helped, and this toy gun was light compared to that blunderbuss he'd gotten from the church basement.

All in all, he did pretty well, getting fourth place. "I've done better before," he mused, "but I'd say I did pretty well that time too!"

R1 Prompts:
Product Placement

close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
424 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Cultural Festival!
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2022 1:07:32 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Huh. That was interesting. And...well, let's not go there. After he was done, Aaron half paid attention to the Kindler Dance and Hideo's video game prowess. Though his attention did eventually stayed on . Yep, he can believe it when Andy had questioned if Hideo was really blind. The other boy ended up getting fourth. "Nice." Even if he had done better, Aaron thought just getting a high score on a vision based game was impressive for a blind guy. Far too many didn't have the guy's viewpoint though. Hideo worked hard to get where he was. The fact he was blind made it even more inspiring. Aaron watched more of the dance from where he was. It was interesting enough, but probably hard for the psychic Pokemon to describe to Hideo.

Current Prompts:

Watch the Kindler's Dance Check
Product Placement Check

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,486 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Cultural Festival!
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2022 23:03:54 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Hideo could only bask in his success for so long; he caught an odd scent, one that he couldn't recognize, yet could tell was off. "Anyone else smell that?" he asked, getting a confirmation from his Beheeyem.

Yet his Beheeyem informed him of something even more troubling: something weird was happening with the ground. Hideo wasn't too familiar with the concept of "glitching", so he couldn't really tell what was happening. It didn't feel like anything yet, and it wasn't making it hard for him to walk or anything.

"And Elga's saying the ground keeps looking weird?..." How else was he supposed to explain a concept he couldn't comprehend?

R2 Prompts:
Product Placement
close tab

played by

dreamflower

she/her
December 12
Anistar City, Kalos
Bisexual
Blacksmith, bladesmith
Associate
Art is risk
Tempered by wisdom
5'7"/170 cm height
5'7"/170 cm height
A keen mind cuts deeper than even the sharpest sword.
awards
1,058 posts
part of
TAG WITH @aurelie
Aurelie Lefevre
Cultural Festival!
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2022 18:11:26 GMT
Aurelie Lefevre Avatar
[attr="class","mon"]

[attr="class","monlyrics"]Culture opens the sense of beauty.
[attr="class","monbody"]Walking away from the floristry stall toward the center stage in the main plaza, Aurelie sidestepped carefully around a group of young teenagers playing a shooting video game together. The red-haired smith generally considered herself reasonably sure-footed and dexterous; a metalworker's forge was full of fire, pointy tools, and dangerous equipment that one learned quickly not to bump into or trip over, after all. Yet, as she tried to avoid the youths and thread her way through the crowd, she found herself stumbling and wobbling every few steps, as though she were on a swaying ship or had had too much to drink.

Neither of those things were true at the moment, though. Is it the heat? Aurelie wondered. Even in the shade, she was starting to feel light-headed. The very ground seemed to shimmer under her feet, like a desert mirage. She paused for a moment to lean against the side of an unused arcade machine and closed her eyes in hopes of regaining her bearings.

Then she heard speak up from a short distance away. "Anyone else smell that? And Elga's saying the ground keeps looking weird?..."

She did smell a sharp, metallic scent, Aurelie realized, like the smell of the air after a thunderstorm. And apparently someone else had noticed the ground being strange too. She was relieved to hear a little confirmation that she wasn't going crazy and seeing things that no one else did. Her first impulse was to thank the boy for speaking up, but she noticed the teenagers seemed absorbed in their own world; she wasn't sure they'd welcome interaction with a complete stranger like her.

Straightening up, she made her way over toward the Kindlers' dance more carefully this time, placing one foot tentatively in front to test if the ground was truly solid before putting any weight on it, which made for very slow progress. Aurelie shook her head in wonder. She'd been to festivals before, but nothing like this had ever happened there. Is this…normal for Hoenn? she wondered. Or is this festival just special somehow?

[attr="class","montag"]Open for interactions

ROUND 2 PROMPTS
1) Watch the Kindlers dance
2) Mention or visit a stall, brand, or product made by another character
3) Notice how it's starting to smell like ozone and the ground is glitching

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT

[newclass=.mon]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#862939;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mon img]height:100px;width:100px;padding:15px;border:1px solid #fff;border-radius:100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monlyrics]text-align:center;font-family:verdana;font-size:9px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#eee;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.monbody]width:340px;padding:40px;background:#222;font-size:11px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;color:#aaa;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag]text-align:center;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.montag a]font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:8px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:8px;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Jun

Ace
He/Him
July 17
Olivine City
Bisexual
Trainer
Civilian
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
424 posts
Aaron Toral DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @pokejun1
Aaron Toral
Cultural Festival!
POSTED ON Jun 12, 2022 2:24:27 GMT
Aaron Toral Avatar
Smell? Aaron sniffed around. "Sorry, all I smell is food and fire..." And nothing else. But then again, some of the senses might make up for the lack of another. Or at least try to. After all, Hideo was able to guess what he cooked in Andy's camp pretty well. It was the next sentence that put him on edge. Looking at the ground...yeah, that was not good. With a snap of his fingers, Magneton and Honedge was by his side and at the ready. "I think we need to be either cautious moving forward or just stay still...something is very off here..." The blonde took note of who he had with him. Skarmory, Scizor, Shuppet, Trevenant, and the two he had out. His weakest, combatively speaking, was his Shuppet. Still, he kept a close eye on , , and .

Current Prompts:

Watch the Kindler's Dance Check
Product Placement Check
Notice the ozone smell and ground glitching Check