awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
THE SO-FISH-TICATED LADY [FISH]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2022 11:02:43 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Getting back into the groove, Derek fixes a different lure to his rod before casting out once more. Maybe the worried little Wishiwashi figurine would draw more attention...

05mU6W4r
CAUGHT A LARGE MANTINE

ATTEMPT #10 | FISHING
·
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 3:32:15 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Another hum, and her feet continue to kick idly.[break][break]
This time when she casts out her lackluster line, Luka tries to think about what kind of float she would like. A little Musharna, perhaps? A Sylveon? Clefairy? Hmm...[break][break]
The Gengar really fits quite perfectly. Maybe a cure lure like that really is the key to reeling in the perfect catch...

[break][break]

[break][break]
b2xAyD|Q
[break]
Caught: extra-small Milotic[break]extra-small Lanturn[break]average Gorebyss[break]average Wishiwashi[break]average Milotic[break]small Gyarados

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

·
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,155 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 6:06:10 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]
[attr="class","littlejay"]

is lucky that social interaction is not jayden's strongsuit. he does not notice the slight shifts in her expression that might allude to something untrue.

[break][break] when she says that she's fine, he believes it.

[break][break] perhaps that is his failing.

[break][break] "ah, i see." it must have been a trick of the light, then. it was a relief to jayden who never wanted to upset those he considered fond company, luka included.

[break][break] at her words, he shakes his head. "not a lot - but it was something of a hobby of my grandfather." he remembers the few times he met immanuel cross before his passing. a respectful man, but he had always seemed to look at jayden with something mixed with concern and upset. not that jayden had ever been able to figure it out.

[break][break] "i can get one for you - if you like. i know a good tackle designer." his head tilts. "i have an umbreon one as well." he reaches into his coat pocket, pulling out a small box, and then showing her the shiny umbreon charm.

[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
#FISHING

[break][break]

xoIJErFp

[break][break]

@whoeverelse
[break]

[break]
8.15 GYARADOS - 14 (small) (CROWN) [break]
8.16 LANTURN - 24 (small) [break]
8.17 GYARADOS - 18 (small) [break]
8.18 SHARPEDO - 25 (small) [break]
8.19 MILOTIC - 89 (extra large) [break]
8.20 MANTINE - 17 (small) [break]
8.21 SHARPEDO - 7 (extra small) (CROWN) [break]
8.22 MAGIKARP - 63 (average) [break]
8.23 WISHIWASHI - 60 (average) [break]
8.25 BARRASKEWDA - 57 (average) [break]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px;[/newclass]
·
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 6:15:26 GMT
mint frost Avatar

He might knock out. It's a little quiet on the boat, and the activity itself is relaxing. He snapped back err though, small doze interrupted by a tug on his line.

r3kWDAs5

- dynamax (92) remoraid
- small (14) milotic
- large (84) lanturn
- average (67) barraskewda
- average (28) goldeen
- average (31) barraskewda
- large (84) lanturn
- average (47) bruxish
- average (70) horsea
- small (16) magikarp

·
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
old habits die hard, i guess.
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2022 18:52:01 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Dammit.

Where were all the big fish when Derek needed them? Any other time they were trying to eat him or Jonesy, but now it seemed like the gym leader's Gyarados was scaring them away.

Well, one or two more casts. If nothing big bit by then, he'd return the beast to it's pokeball to see if his luck would change.

|3kDzaZJ
ATTEMPT #11
·
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 3:36:26 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Ehhh...really? That's so sweet! How much do they cost? I probably won't use it much either, but it'll be fun to have..."[break][break]

And typical of her, she oohs and aahs over the adorable Umbreon lure pulls out next. "Wait wait...that's soooo cute! Can I borrow it?"[break][break]

A flush. "I mean...sorry! T-that's kind of rude to ask, erm...I just thought, um! M-maybe it would help me pull up som better fish..."

[break][break]

[break][break]
t0qsHtWf
[break]
Caught: extra-small Milotic[break]extra-small Lanturn[break]average Gorebyss[break]average Wishiwashi[break]average Milotic[break]small Gyarados

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

·
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,155 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 4:24:23 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

"i can send you a list of their prices later," he said, but then tilts his head to the side. "but i wouldn't mind getting it for you as a gift either. after all - i didn't get an adequate gift for your birthday."

[break][break] as she oohs and ahs over his umbreon, heat crawls up his neck. it's nothing really; but it's a charm that he holds dear, so it's nice to know that someone else can appreciate it too.

[break][break] "of course," he says, turning it over in his hand before offering it to her. "it's not rude."

[break][break] at that moment, his pole shakes as another fish tugs at the line. the barraskewda that appears - he glances at it briefly before tossing it back into the sea.

[attr="class","ooc"]
#FISHING

[break][break]

6xP6dQaq

[break][break]

@whoeverelse
[break]

[break]
8.26 GOLDEEN - 54 (average) [break]

[newclass=".littlejay"]--accent:#955adf; } .littlejay { font:12px 'Roboto'; letter-spacing:.5px; border-radius:0px; padding:40px 50px 50px; border-radius:0px 0px 5px 5px; } .littlejay b { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 12px/10px 'Poppins'; } .littlejay i { color:var(--accent)!important; } .littlejay u { border-color:var(--accent)!important; letter-spacing:0.5px; } .littlejay .ooc { text-align:center;padding:20px 40px 20px 40px;border-top:1px solid #232323;margin-top:30px;margin-bottom:-45px; } .littlejay .ooc a { color:var(--accent)!important; font:bold 13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px;[/newclass]·
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2022 12:07:41 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
One more meant one more.

This was it. Fixing something extra tempting to the end of his line, Derek casts out. It takes some time for the weighted ends to sink into the water, but eventually it does, and the gym leader finds himself struggling with whatever was one the end of his line...

wzhwzASQ
ATTEMPT #12
·
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 1:12:15 GMT
mint frost Avatar

He sneezed once, twice, three times in a row. Mint sat up straight and scrambled for a napkin. Sniffling hard, he's on his feet as he yanked on the line one more time.

9eDzd0ft

- dynamax (92) remoraid
- small (14) milotic
- large (84) lanturn
- average (28) goldeen
- large (84) lanturn
- average (47) bruxish
- average (70) horsea
- small (16) magikarp
- average (50) magikarp

·
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 2:47:30 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
"Eh? You don't have to do that!" Luka protests, waving her hands. And don't be silly. You gave me your company...that's more than enough."[break][break]
For some reason, she feels rather relieved that has dozed off nearby.[break][break]
With fumbling fingers she affixes the lure to her line, poking the nose of the shiny Umbreon before releasing it back into the water. It bobs there merrily and she watches it until lets out a rapid series of kitten sneezes.[break][break]
"Oh gosh," she fusses, glancing over at him, "Are you okay?"

[break][break]

[break][break]
TRj2cEAM
[break]
Caught: extra-small Milotic[break]extra-small Lanturn[break]average Gorebyss[break]average Wishiwashi[break]average Milotic[break]small Gyarados[break]dynamax Horsea

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

·
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
awards
4,155 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 4:10:17 GMT
jayden cross Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","jaytop"]

he blinks at her, assessing for a minute. as if trying to decide whether or not to accept her protest. was it the kind of protest that was given in earnest, or the kind that gave when jayden had asked him how many of his bicep curls he had done last week.

[break][break] before he can make a determination, however, the boy himself alerts them. speak of the devil -

[break][break] "mint - "

[break][break] natural instinct would've had him stand up and tend to his friend. however, a fervent glance at depicts otherwise. "i have a zinc tablet if you would like it." they were rather good at preventing colds, he thought.

[break][break] as he waits for an answer, jayden tugs at his line and glances at his catch briefly before releasing it into the ocean.

[attr="class","ooc"]
#FISHING

[break][break]

EDBsJ7N2

[break][break]

@whoeverelse
[break]

[break]
8.26 GOLDEEN - 54 (average) [break]
8.27 REMORAID - 24 (small) [break]

[newclass=".jaytop"]width:438px;border-radius:0px;height:60px;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:center right;text-align:center;margin:0px -60px -50px 25px;padding-bottom:15px;border:solid 1px #232323; border-radius:5px; } .jaytop img { filter:grayscale(90%); padding-top:20px;[/newclass]
·
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 14:28:49 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
Returning to the boat and collecting his Gyarados into it's ball, Derek snags another plate of snacks to munch on before casting out once more.

BoaQq|mH
ATTEMPT #13
·
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 19:18:00 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Using the cute lure really had helped! Luka gapes at the enormous horsea she pulls from the water, practically the size of herself! This catch lingers by the side of the boat even when she removes the hook, splashing around near her idling Milotic.[break][break]
She casts the line again and glances over at and , ready to lend a hand should either of them need it. But without an instant cure for the sniffles, all she can really do right now is sip at her margarita and offer moral support.

[break][break]

[break][break]
sfC3qK0Z
[break]
Caught: extra-small Milotic[break]extra-small Lanturn[break]average Gorebyss[break]average Wishiwashi[break]average Milotic[break]small Gyarados[break]dynamax Horsea

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

·
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,677 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2022 19:23:41 GMT
mint frost Avatar

He stumbled towards the napkins after reeling in a particularly fussy magikarp. Soft green eyes look at , nodding wordless as he hid his nose. Pulling a handful of napkins woth his other hand he nodded again at before looking back quicklt at and pulling further away. "I- I don'wan'he to hear how gwoss dis gonna be...so jsut keep being loud!!" he explained in a low voice to the pair, nearly in tears as he blew his nose loudly and wetly into crumpled up napkins.

VGOQojjP

- dynamax (92) remoraid
- small (14) milotic
- large (84) lanturn
- average (28) goldeen
- large (84) lanturn
- average (47) bruxish
- average (70) horsea
- small (16) magikarp
- average (50) magikarp
- small (15) wishiwashi

·
close tab

played by

noble

hoffman
he/him
twenty-eight
october 20th
blackthorn city, johto
heterosexual
ranger
ex-gym leader
missing no.
5'11" height
5'11" height
awards
1,361 posts
part of
TAG WITH @derek
DEREK HOFFMAN
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2022 1:04:16 GMT
DEREK HOFFMAN Avatar
He was close to giving up on the whole thing. But for some reason his competitive nature got the better of him. Or maybe it was an addiction. Either way, Derek fixed something different to the end of his line and cast out, hoping something big would take hold and give him a proper challenge...

dkeCl9eD
ATTEMPT #14
·