Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Training Dragons [Mission/Josh]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 18:56:09 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Being able to see the city that was well preserved in history through being sunken in water really was an exciting part to travel there. Since the league had been asking some trainers to help train dragon Pokemon on a mission, she took it to give some time to spend with her Noibat. Koko herself wanted to be held by the blonde and felt the hands of the human trainer wrap around her, so that the small dragon type nestled in her trainer's embrace.[break][break]

They would both wait for the entrance of the gym leader who she had met the other day, the Noibat watched the clouds move across the sky. Yellow eyes blinking and watching out for the other trainer who was to accompany them in the city since Elise would wait by the Pokemon Center. The trainer did have some experience with handling dragon types back home where her father left the older ones to take care of his daughter in their home.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2023 19:23:55 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Ugh, why Sootopolis of all places? There were a large number of unruly dragon Pokémon in League custody, Elites like Josh saddled with the responsibility of making them easier for newcomers to handle. They were among the most powerful yet the most fickle of Pokémon. Why the the League have to keep them all there, as well as their facility meant to help trainers open the door to the hardened hearts of many dragon Pokémon? All it took was one bad run-in with Team Rocket, who had the city overrun, and all those powerful Pokémon could end up in the syndicate's hands.

Plus, Josh was a Gym Leader, one of the League's paragons of battle. He would be such a juicy target. He had enough work to handle his unruly dragons and possibly other dragons at the facility. He would be starting with his own, of course. "Morning, Princess Elise," Josh called out toward the young lady, who had already arrived at the mountaintop facility away from the rest of the town. "I don't get why they assigned us to do this here, though," he muttered, releasing his entire saddle-wearing dragon squad.

They were all fickle but trustworthy, and some of them still had instinct the Mauville Leader would have preferred to train out. Verte in particular looked ready to go, the Flygon's wings churning at high speed, filling the surrounding air with a pleasant but loud hum. "We've got a lot of work ahead of us. Let's fly."

{WC: 253}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Verte         Flygon         Good
Tiamat        Dragonite      Good
Sidewinder    Dragapult      Good
Yosei         Salamence      Good
Kokusho       Hydreigon      Good
Alphamax      Garchomp       Good
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 20:12:34 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Noticing the young man call out to her with a morning greeting and muttered something of the league assigning them to do the mission in this place. The Noibat would look up at the man in wonder while the subject changed to them having some work to do with the release of his dragon Pokemon in saddles. "Good morning, we do have some work to do with training dragon types. To be very truthful, I have learned some riding experience with dragons, so I shouldn't have a problem with riding on your Flygon." The royal replied and looked up at the large insect dragon making a humming sound with his wings.[break][break]

"I'm willing to learn a bit more on riding them since I think they are very interesting as mounts to use." She added with a small nod before getting on the saddle of the large insect dragon. Her Noibat would fly up next to the woman with a chitter over getting to meet another dragon, so she would follow if the Flygon would take off.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2023 23:37:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh didn't have an issue with training the League's dragons for them, or even getting his Gym Pokémon up to League standards. After all, to be approved for Ranger use, they did need to meet a minimum standard demonstrtaing their obedience. Several of Josh's dragons did not meet that standard, and Verte was one of them. "If you're going to break Verte in, might as well get this out of the way with Tiamat, too. These dragons have similar issues and I don't get why." The intelligence of dragon Pokémon was part of what led to them having big mood swings that some of the Leader's most ferocious dragons were.

Verte and Tiamat had less an issue with obedience and more an issue with not wanting to hold back their power. It may have become quickly apparent to Elise once she was secured in Verte's cocoon saddle. His warm-up turned into a bit more than what most Flygon needed, planting his feet in the ground and vibrating his wings in anticipation of taking off soon. It wouldn't be as bad once the duo were in the air, but while they were on land, the force behind the insect-like wingbeats reverberating through the ground and reflecting back onto his own body. It could have been anywhere from a strong tickle to a throbbing sensation, depending on how sensitive she was to it.

Tiamat didn't behave too much better after Josh harnessed himself into her cocoon; she looked like she wanted to enter EXTREME SPEED from a standstill, which would have handily knocked her trainer unconscious. Was she, perhaps, trying to practice discharging HURRICANEs instead? That was the only other thing he could think of that pushed a Dragonite's wings to hum. On Josh's signal, both of them took to the air with great agility.

{WC: 305}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 19:58:01 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

She heard that dragons might be a little hard to raise due to becoming unruly when they evolved and felt the vibration coming from the Flygon's wings which made her feel like it was a strong tickle than the reaction being a throbbing sensation. Koko's ears rung a bit with the reverb coming from Verte's wings though the bat Pokemon still hung a bit next to the duo of her trainer riding on the large dragon. "What kind of issue does Tiamat have?" The woman began to ask though she wasn't an instant expert on dragons as much as her cousin was.[break][break]

Both dragons would take off to the air with good speed as the small bat dragon tried to keep up with the larger dragons in the air. The Noibat would have no problem in matching the speed of the flying dragons and tried to follow after the flying ground type.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 5:59:04 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"It's less of an issue with the Pokémon herself and more with me as a rider," Josh answered, "because she doesn't know how to hold back." It was a trait the Dragonite was quite proud of. She gave her all no matter what she was doing, even in situations where her all wasn't warranted. While the humming of Verte's wings wasn't horribly loud, and certainly not enough to necessitate earplugs like with a giant bug Pokémon, he did have to raise his voice to communicate with Elise... for now.

That didn't last long, though, as Verte did not want to be outdone by Elise's Noibat. His BUG BUZZing wings roared like a revving engine whose corresponding gas pedal was to the floor, doing what he could to stay ahead of the smaller dragon as they circled the white peaks of Sootopolis.

The competitive Tiamat, also not wanting to be outdone by Josh's Flygon, let out a roar that Elise may have been able to hear even over Verte's buzzing. Though it was uncommanded, Josh knew what was coming. He leaned as low as he comfortably could in his dragon's saddle, tightly clutched her reins, and prepared to feel like he was being flung out of a slingshot. The low, loud hum of Tiamat's wings vibrating wracked her rider's ears, the duo surrounded in the purple dragon energy of EXTREME SPEED.

{WC: 232}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 16, 2023 20:23:30 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

As Josh said it was less of a problem with herself than with him as a rider, he spoke of the Dragonite not knowing how to hold back. "I hope she's going to be careful with you if she doesn't know how to hold back in her speed." The woman had to raise her voice in her reply to the man as the noise from Verte's wings hummed and held on to the ground type catching up to the Dragonite. Watching the pale peaks of Sootopolis in view of Verte circling around and following after the large female.[break][break]

Feeling the strong tickle come from the wings of the Flygon humming, the royal held the reins of the Flygon and heard the roar of the Dragonite who had wanted to compete with the fellow dragon type and began to speed up with a move. Her Noibat would slow down to let the Flygon catch up if Koko had to, the smaller dragon felt bad that she was outdoing a much larger dragon than she was.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2023 17:21:00 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Might be a bit late for that!" Josh cried, Tiamat's wings disappearing from sight as he lurched back in the cocoon from the explosive burst of speed that created a sonic boom above the north seas between Sootopolis and Mossdeep. As fast as the Flygon was, there simply was no keeping up with Tiamat in the air. Mastema, his Togekiss, could give the Dragonite a run for her money, but the sacred dragon was simply the fastest of the four common ride Pokémon capable of using the move, making her incredibly valuable in aerial races with long straightaways.

Not only was Josh's vision greatly impaired from the blur of the high speed flight, but being cocooned up intensified the Dragonite's vibration from her wings beating fast enough to maintain the blistering pace of EXTREME SPEED. It was numbing, and reminded him of his ride on the Raikou-familiar's back. In his temporary paralysis, he wondered if the real thing would be identical to the experience the Top Champion gave him that day.

He started to regain feeling in his limbs after the EXTREME SPEED wore off on the way back from Mossdeep. The hum surrounding the duo disappeared, her wings now flapping about as fast as a small bird's as she returned to a more normal, but still swift, speed. Once they were above Sootopolis again, he wheeled his Dragonite to the back of the volcanic city, trying to avoid attention as much as he could. If Rocket found out who was atop Tiamat, he could wind up in heaps of trouble, as he was almost assuredly in Rocket's scope by now.

Landing back at the training facility, Josh sat astride his Dragonite for a couple minutes before dismounting onto legs that were still tingling some. Josh's Dragapult, Salamence, Garchomp, and Hydreigon were still ready and raring to go. He awaited Elise's return for her choice on the next round of flight.

{WC: 489}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 16:02:24 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

While the female Dragonite was going through a fast speed in flight thanks to using a move that let her fly faster, the woman felt the greater vibration coming off Verte's wings as he would reach the view of the volcanic back of the city beside Tiamat and the smaller bat dragon having to catch up to the Flygon even if the Noibat heard the singing coming from her fellow dragon's wings through her ears. Once Elise had directed the larger dragon towards where the distant figures of Josh, Tiamat, and his other dragons become nearby, she would hop off Verte once he landed near the female Dragonite.[break][break]

Koko plopped in her trainer's arms once she had caught up to the Flygon as she chittered a bit about wanting to rest. "You really tried to keep up, but you're tired already? You can rest a bit." The royal speaks down to her Noibat and strokes her head before looking up at Josh with a smile and asked about her next ride. "Riding on Verte gave me a really strong tickle and I didn't mind that! I did see you have a Dragapult, so would it be okay if I choose that as my next ride?"

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 17:50:50 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was still catching his breath on a nearby bench at the dragon training facility, He had learned how to keep his cool when doing barrel rolls, inversions, and other acrobatic maneuvers after extensive training with , the face-melting speed Tiamat could display was a whole different matter. "That doesn't surprise me! They fly more like bugs than dragons, and when he tries, his wings can roar quite loud."

After taking a few minutes to catch his breath, Josh was ready for the next two. "Right, you said you wanted to learn flying on Sidewinder's back, did you?" It was a while ago, but the request jostled his memory. "I know you said you wanted to raise one at one point. This would be a great way for your to learn! Now I have to warn you," he continued as he got himself seated on and harnessed up to his Garchomp's back, "though he's as beginner friendly as can be, riding Dragapult is really hard because of how fast they can fly. They have the highest sustained speed out of any dragon Pokémon. Also once we're ready to take off, I won't be able to hear you even if we fly next to one another. Alphamax's little engines on the sides of his head get really loud, and I have to have earplugs in to try to curb the noise." With that, he got ready for takeoff, not giving the command for the Garchomp to spool up his engines until Elise was secured in the ghost-type's cocoon saddle.

{WC: 259}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 6:00:35 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Listening to the man say that it didn't surprise him that Verte flew like a bug than a dragon and when the Flygon flew, his wings can roar very loud, she nodded to his remark and stroked her Noibat's head. With the man giving her a bit of information on Sidewinder and remembering before that she wanted to ride on the Dragapult, the woman responded with a firm nod. "I'll keep it in mind when riding, so my Noibat will have to ride along with me for a while." [break][break]

As Josh added that once she was ready to take off, he won't be able to talk to her due to Alphamax's engines getting loud that he had to wear, the woman told her Noibat to hold onto her and got on the Dragapult with her response to the man being that she understood how loud the sound of roaring engines could be. "I'll be able to talk once we're not in flight." Elise would get ready to have Sidewinder take off if he was ready to.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2023 22:31:26 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Sidewinder's takeoff was effortless and seamless, as was expected for a Ghost-type. By virtue of being one of the only ghost-type ride Pokémon capable of free movement, Dragapult had a unique niche on his squad. The dragon was silent and fast, as Elise would find out from floating skyward and rapidly accelerating. Hopefully she was strong enough to resist its takeoff force and control Sidewinder's nearly limitless aerial agility!

Alphamax started running across the training facility's length, Josh spurring his dragon to higher and higher speeds to get enough lift under his wing-fins for takeoff. These runs may have been the most rough and tumble ride he had to regularly endure, with exception of perhaps Kokusho's unpredictable bucking frenzies. Too many takeoff and landing cycles in rapid succession would make the Master of Faster sore, which is why he had to limit how much he rode the Garchomp.

The takeoff was routine, Josh and Alphamax handily clearing the rear fence as his mount circled Sootopolis' inner ring to gain the altitude needed to soar past the island's bounds entirely. The Gym Leader exhaled as his mount's thrust dropped to a setting more appropriate for a high speed cruise through the sky. It was rough getting in the air and landing, but Garchomp was a buttery smooth flight in the air. "Alright, let's chase Sidewinder down!" Depending on how fast Elise wanted to push the dragon, he might have a hard time with that...

{WC: 244}
{PC: 5}

Resheph       Dragonair      Good
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 2:34:05 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Holding onto the Dragapult while Sidewinder had passed over the inner ring of Sootopolis City, the woman expected that the other dragon Josh was riding would be catching up to them soon. She was getting a little used to riding on such a Pokemon that rode on very fast speed, so she told Sidewinder to bring up the pace in which he flew across the sky. The sense of freedom that she felt on riding a Pokemon brought up a few memories of getting to ride on the Rapidash as a child in some festivals her mother took her to.[break][break]

Sidewinder's speed had gotten a little more faster as the wind could be felt rushing forward towards her. Her heart was pounding a bit from the adrenaline rush though the Dragapult probably wasn't about to lose to his fellow dragon type being one of the faster dragons out in the Pokemon world.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 3:37:55 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
There was little that got the blood pumping more powerfully than flying on a dragon Pokémon. Though each flying dragon had a unique feel to it, Alphamax's bio-engines shaking his entire frame versus Sidewinder's smooth yet swift flight, they both offered the same feeling of freedom. That was indeed the joy of riding a dragon Pokémon, and it made him proud to be an honorary Blackthorn Dragoon. Or at least he thought he still was; he wondered if his membership had been terminated after having been away from Hoenn for so long. Whoops! He should have made a quick trip to Blackthorn when he was on vacation in Johto...

Alphamax's competitive nature led him to pour on the speed when Sidewinder had done the same at Elise's command, his already loud engines roaring to a deafening volume catching the attention of several Rocket patrols. As much fun as he was having, he couldn't let himself get identified in such hostile airspace. Hoping the royal would get the cue, Josh descended to the training facility he had taken off from, lining up for a tricky landing with very limited space to slow once the Garchomp touched down.

{WC: 198}
{PC: 6}

Resheph       Dragonair      Good
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,351 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2023 5:36:10 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Through the faster speed of Sidewinder flying through the air, she could see the large dragon notice that his fellow dragon type descended onto the training facility that they had taken off of. Since she had gotten the cue to get back to the area they took off from, the royal gave the command to Sidewinder for the two of them to go back to where Josh and his Garchomp were going. She liked having to learn how to ride on the not-beginner friendly Dragapult though this probably did draw some attention from potential unsavory people who were in the area.[break][break]

With the descent back to the training facility that the other man lifted off from, she would be doing a landing of her own while the roaring of the Garchomp's engines were in earshot and that she could wait for the gym leader to make his landing there on a safer spot. Well, she could hope that they wouldn't be followed by whatever other presence had been out there in the skies.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]