shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]THE WILDS: THE BORDER

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

ONGOING EVENT
EXPLORATION

MT. PYRE[break]✥ THE BORDER

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1035423510278979624/1055281670649032755/bambooba.mp3[/player][break]
Northern Province - Area 2 (Riding) - Pokémon Scarlet & Violet
[break]

THE BORDER IS A MOUNTAINOUS PURGATORY OF MUTED SEPIA SMOKE. By floating islands, translucent bridges soar through the realm toward the heavens. Tall stone spires jut out from the spiritual mist. In the sky, the wisps of spirits can be seen heading toward their final destination before the afterlife...[break][break]

Curiously, there are four broken seals embedded in four mountains. Though Adrian Malcolm and YVELTAL may have seen their location upon their unceremonious entry, the spirit realm has shifted since their last visit, rendering each broken seal far apart from each other.

PROMPTS

LIST OF PROMPTS

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 01 examine the broken seal to the north, found against the base of a mountain.
  • 08 experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred.
  • 14 engage in battle with the vengeful and vestigial spirit of moltres or victini.
  • 28 encounter one of the vestigial spirits of wo-chien, ting-lu, chi-yu, or chien-pao near a broken seal. it will not use its signature move, ruination, however, it will be incredibly aggressive before being warded off. you will not recognize what these pokemon are.
  • 29 encounter shadowy copies of yourselves or your pokemon that mimic movement, form, and more.
  • 30 feel a throbbing temptation to pass through the border to the afterlife.
  • 🗺️ utilize a z-move and/or sygna suit in an advantageous way.
  • 🗺️ both spell tags must be used/worn/placed on a pokemon to lure or attract an antagonist (e.g. a spirit); they may also be purified in a manner of your choice to help ward off, distract, or deter a spirit.
  • 🗺️ SPECIAL HUNT: those who are completing their third expedition in the border will now be able to encounter and catch a MARSHADOW each. you must be able to defeat or prove to the marshadow that you are worthy of training them, but this will be no easy task. they quickly learn you and your pokemon's movements, able to mimic their movements by analyzing or hiding in their shadows.[break][break]

although will not be able to encounter a marshadow of her own until the completion of her third expedition, she may still participate (e.g. can be possessed by one, can assist in the battle, etc.).

EXPEDITION TREASURES

AT THE END OF EACH EXPEDITION THREAD, all characters must ROLL for their final post. The HIGHEST FOUR ROLLS will be counted for what TREASURES are retrieved from the location. These treasures will be returned to each faction for future use...

[attr="class","pcContainer"]
[attr="class","greenBg"]

[attr="class","boxContainer"]
[attr="class","boxName"]YOUR HAUL

[attr="class","pcTable"]
[attr="class","pcFlip"]

[attr="class","slot material"]

RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break][break]

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • Your character can only be in ONE EXPEDITION THREAD at a time.
  • You may participate with all of your characters; however, be aware of your ability to post.
  • If a thread partner has not posted in awhile, please skip them in this event. Momentum is important for engagement.
  • Since these threads may feature combat, please be reasonable with your battling. Discuss with your group if you'd like one move per post, how many Pokemon are allowed to be brought, etc.
  • Try to keep posts short for clarity and speed.
  • Please be trusting and open to communicating with all of your thread partners.
  • Please INCLUDE WHICH PROMPTS you are using in your expedition thread.
  • Please have at least FIVE POSTS PER CHARACTER in your expedition thread.

IN YOUR FINAL POSTS, PLEASE ROLL.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcContainer]margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 25px; width: 325px; height: 150px; background: #2b2b2b; overflow: hidden; border-radius:5px; border:solid 2px #232323;[/newclass]
[newclass=.greenBg]position: relative; margin-left: -70%; width: 70%; height: 120%; background: #9DD404; transform: skewX(-30deg); border-right: 82px solid #96CD04; z-index: 0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxContainer]position: relative; margin: 0; margin-top: -150px; padding: 0; padding-left: 5px; width: 300px; margin-right: 350px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.boxName]background: #fefaff; width: 170px; border-radius: 50px; margin: 0 auto 5px 69px; padding-top: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; font-family: Roboto; text-align: center; font-weight: bold; font-size: 16px; color: #000;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable]overflow-x: hidden; overflow-y: scroll; direction: rtl; scrollbar-color: #7db302 #87c200; scrollbar-width: thin;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 7px; background-color: #87c200;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcTable::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background-color: #7db302;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pcFlip]width: 310px; height: 300px; display: flex; flex-wrap: wrap; margin-right: -20px; direction: ltr;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot]background: #fefaff; border-radius: 25%; margin: 10px; width: 40px; height: 40px; text-align: center; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.slot img]position: absolute; top: 0; bottom: 0; left: 0; right: 0; margin: auto;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
THE BORDER: KMMPE
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 5:33:10 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

thanks to the incredible efforts of , they have most of the nearby landmarks mapped out, making it easy for them to navigate toward the NORTH. there, they approach the base of the mountain, coming across a familiar BROKEN SEAL as they have done before.[break][break]

curiously, matias' shadow has yet to return.[break][break]

"glad you could join us this time."[break][break]

he bumps his shoulder against 's as they walk.[break][break]

"i trust you to keep us out of trouble."

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-mr-mime"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .sixeyes blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 5:45:37 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 The Mechanical Kingdom was strange, but The Border was straight spooky. The unsettling chill in the air penetrated through the Professor’s Sygna Suit and a shiver ran up her spine. The small hand gripping ’s tightened, “Sorry,” she smiled apologetically, giving her friend’s hand another small squeeze for reassurance. It must be difficult returning somewhere you died.

“Hmph, I don’t know how much help I’ll be,” her gaze shifted towards the map, “Seems like you guys already have this place pretty well mapped out,” She was probably more of a liability at this point. Eva’s hand slipped out of Penny’s as a few quick steps drew her closer to the BROKEN SEAL of the ruin. Her fingertips traced the strange markings on the cracked stone.

[attr="class","milkcredit"]MILKY
[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 6:28:14 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

This was the second time she'd been forced to visit the very place that fought to claim her spirit. There, deep behind the waterfall, The Borders had become her early grave.
[break][break]
"I'll be fine," she murmured back to Eva, voice soft enough to be kept between their ears alone. Like her trauma was a secret worth protecting. Still, despite her words, the tight squeeze she gave was welcomed with a bittersweet smile.
[break][break]
"Thanks to ."
[break][break]
An appreciative nod was offered the champion's way -- without him and sygna suit, they might've been stuck roaming around these isolated isles for weeks on end. Which would've just served to eat away time better spent venturing further into the unlimited abnormalities that awaited them inside.
[break][break]
"Weird, right," she called out to , who'd moved toward the broken seal they had found hidden beneath the mountain's side. It looked similar to the others, symbols highlighted in a bright flash of color. "We found one of the jade pebbles in one of those."
[break][break]
Tinges of ENVY still stung her tongue from that expedition.
[break][break]
"Do you have any idea what the inscription means?"
[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-ditto"]

[attr="class","credit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 6:36:50 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he gives a salute to when she acknowledges him, and in turn, lets him see the state of which his boys and are being violated behind their backs.

while gets her hand held by , kyle figures that might be lonely after it. he decides to hold his hand too in case he gets sad.

"someone with another suit is always good to have around," kyle mentions as he fumbles with his phone on his other hand as they travel. "people without it apparently get stressed from the environment, like physically. hmm, i guess you can liken the conditions to the distortions? anyways, someone has to carry people around if they overexert themselves."

it hasn't happened yet, but given the personalities of the matias, melody and penelope, it's possible. on hindsight, eva would probably be in a similar boat, but at least she has a suit to protect her.

that was his own observation given how he handles being able to stay around longer than the other three. part of it was how he was able to complete a map, albeit poorly, while other expedition groups had to constantly go back.

"oh, can you take over mapping the place after this, eva?" he asks. "i kind of want to see what the other rifts are about, if you don't mind that is, hehe."

they may have different reasons on why they wanted invited . and 's was for companionship, while 's was for her opinion on the beads. kyle just wanted someone else reliable to continue his little project.

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,226 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2023 19:38:46 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Melodypog3"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-title"]
MORE HUMAN[break]THAN HUMAN

[attr="class","Melodypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-subtitle"]
If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

[attr="class","Melodypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-icon"]

"Yeah..but i've noticed that this place shifts a little bit every time we come back." she says when he mentions the sygnasuits as her gargancl walks alongside them, moving a bit slower than the rest of the group. [break][break]

"Hopefully my sygnasuit is done soon, I put in the order for it since I found a crystabloom recently. Thinking of syncing it with my primarina." [break][break]

They continued to walk towards the seal and melody brought along the spell tags they had found previously. She didn't really know what they did for sure but decided to plant one onto her Gargancl, if any spirits came towards it he could just purify them or if it repelled them then he could purify them anyways with his salt. She nodded to herself as the pokemon groaned and tried to fiddle with it himself. "Leave it alone!" she told him as she overhears mention the inscription. "Maybe a spirit here can decode it for us? There are humans and pokemon who can talk...maybe we just need a friendly one.."

[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Melodypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Melodypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Melodypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Melodypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Melodypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#ffa8cc;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Melodypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Melodypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Melodypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Melodypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Melodypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#ffa8cc!important; }.Melodypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Melodypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Melodypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Melodypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Melodypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Melodypog3-post b { color:#ffa8cc;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Melodypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Melodypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Melodypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#ffa8cc;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#ffa8cc!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 4:06:53 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

matias appreciates 's company and more so the fact that they're holding hands. it makes him feel less left out and more included. with his other hand free, he debates taking 's but decides against it, perhaps worried that she might yell at him again.[break][break]

the spell tag on 's garganacl does more than intended but for now, he focuses on the BROKEN SEAL, remaining alert just in case anything comes out at them like the first time.[break][break]

if only had been more perceptive back then. less of a martyr trying to prove herself. less aloof and distracted. then maybe they would've been able to stop from sacrificing herself like an idiot.[break][break]

slowly, but surely, GRUDGES form. his hand slips out of 's.[break][break]

"there's nothing here."[break][break]

01 examine the broken seal to the north, found against the base of a mountain.[break][break]

08 experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred.

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-mr-mime"]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .sixeyes blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 8:41:27 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Like water being poured into a glass, Penelope felt the tingling sensation of GRUDGE fill her body, leaving her tongue sour and her lips taut. Had it not been for Matias' selfish actions, maybe their previous expedition would've gone more smoothly; maybe, instead of waking up in cold sweats and stinging tears, she would still be able to sleep at night without issue.
[break][break]

"Maybe."
[break][break]

Voice growing cold, she offered the broken seal one last long look. It glowered back at her, inscription blazed in a dingy gold, and for as long as she stared at its intricate curvatures, the grudge festered further into the system.
[break][break]

"You're right," she echoed back  's sentiment.
[break][break]

"Let's see if we--"
[break][break]

When she turned to move in the next direction, in the corner of her eye Penelope caught a flicker of molten red. Like dancing lights fluttering beneath the sun's golden glow, they frolicked eagerly in circles, drawing her attention before moving forward, further into the spirals of sepia-coated sand.

"Did you all see that," she asked aloud, though her legs didn't dare wait long enough for a response to find its way back to her. Quickening her step, Penelope's burning red ponytail pounced in the air as she followed the trickle of lights down the path of the mountainscape. Fingers idly traced the outline of her belt, searching ever-so-long to find the exact shape of two particular pokeballs: one belonging to her newly added Charizard, and the other belonging to her Pelipper, which took flight overhead.
[break][break]

Occasionally, she'd peek a glance over her shoulder, ensuring the others were at least following her, but to say her attention wasn't completely enraptured by the dangling piece of information would be a lie.
[break][break]

"Why are these so familiar..."
[break][break]

The flicker, this sense of longing, the mixture of golden yellow and a valorant red -- it all called upon a name she hadn't thought of in more than a week.
[break][break]

Moltres.
[break][break]

But, before she could confirm these thoughts, the small splashes of red and yellow twisted back toward her, their flames now enriched by a sudden vigor she hadn't seen up until then. It reminded of a similar incident, back behind that waterfall. Only those spirits were tied to another lost soul.
[break][break]

"wha--"
[break][break]

Flames burst at the seams, sputtering out a brazen attack directly aimed at the councilwoman. She just barely managed to duck in time to dodge its path.
[break][break]

"Pelipper, quick, Water Pulse!"

[break][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-Pelipper"]

14 engage in battle with the vengeful and vestigial spirit of moltres or victini.

[newclass=".minimal"]--accent:#D4A53C; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; text-transform:lowercase; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal blockquote b, .minimal blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .minimal blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .minimal blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".minimal .credit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .minimal .credit a { transition:0.5s all } .minimal .credit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2023 17:24:48 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Ah, so that’s what they needed her for – another suit. Not her brains, not her companionship. A lesser person would have enacted on the ENVY she felt when she heard they went galivanting through The Border without her, but she did wind up with her own adventure through the mechanical world – one she was curious to visit again. The Border was intriguing, they all were, “Oh? Uh, sure,” she’s too polite to say no.

After taking a mental picture of the inscriptions for later deliberation, Eva stands and takes a step back to view the shattered seal as one whole piece, “I can’t read the inscriptions, they appear to be quite old but the shattered stone appears fresh,” sharp edges untouched by the caress of time, “Hopefully we can find one willing,” she lifts her gaze to smile at , approving of the idea. She briefly wonders if they ever discovered what shattered the seal.

“See what?” Eva’s quick to follow Penny as she dashes off after the crimson lights, “Wait up!” The Professor nimbly hoped across the rocky terrain, also occasionally stealing a glance back at the remainder of the party. A flash of light releases Eva’s rusty Gallade. The dual-type falls in stride beside her. The familiar tingleof infinity energy tickles across her skin, activating the SYGNA SUIT and bonding with the Gallade.

A flash of fire spurts towards their fearless leader. Penelope manages to duck in time but Eva was blind to it before the councilwoman’s dodge, “Whoa!” heat flashes across her skin but the Gallade’s PROTECT keeps her from getting burned.

She feels an urgency to keep moving. Down the path they go, following what seem to be angry spirits spitting fire at them every now and then. Blade unleashes the occasional PSYCHO CUT which only seems to amuse the spirits. As they descend, the air grows thick with moisture, the unmistakable roar of a waterfall can be heard rumbling in the distance.

[newclass=".eva"]--accent:#298A08; position:relative; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:40px 70px; [/newclass] [newclass=".eva blockquote b, .eva blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass] [newclass=".eva .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:470px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #298A08; [/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:25px; right:41px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass] [newclass=.eva .milkcredit a]font-weight:bold; color:var(--accent)!important;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,226 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 5:46:52 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","Melodypog3"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-big-img"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-1"]
[attr="class","Melodypog3-title"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-tagged"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-subtitle"]
If it’s war that you want then you got it. If it’s pain well I brought what you need.

[attr="class","Melodypog3-pkmn"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-post"]

[attr="class","Melodypog3-icon"]

Moltres?![break][break]

"Gargancl!" She calls out as her little salt monster raises his hands into the air crafting a ball of salt and then launches it at the spirit as it cries out in pain. The salt cure proving effective against the evil moltres variant. [break][break]

"Everything here just fucking attacks us! WHY!" she complains as she starts to manifest a GRUDGE against these spirits. [break][break]

Did it show up cause of the spell tag? Well with all of them here they could easily take on moltres..but..maybe they should secure it? She was unsure, but what she knew for sure was that she'd need to ensure the group's safety. However it wouldn't matter as suddenly Moltres makes a B-line for the waterfall. Huh? where was it going? "It's getting away! I'm going after it" she says as her GRUDGE on the spirit propelled her forward. [break][break]

She rushes towards the waterfall and sees a...strange spirit there. One she wouldn't recognize.

[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot-1"]

notes about this post

[attr="class","Melodypog3-bot"]

[googlefont=Poppins:700,800][googlefont=Hind:400,700][googlefont=VT323:400]
[newclass=.Melodypog3]background-color:#2b2b2b;padding:25px;border:solid 3px #363636;border-radius:10px;width:500px;margin:25px auto;background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right;}.Melodypog3-big-img { height:0px;mix-blend-mode:lighten; }.Melodypog3-big-img img { height:250px;width:325px;margin:-25px 0px 0px 200px;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px; }.Melodypog3-1 { position:relative;min-height:400px;border-radius:5px;padding:34px; }.Melodypog3-title { font:800 40px Poppins;line-height:35px;text-transform:uppercase;color:#ffa8cc;width:165px;overflow:hidden;white-space:nowrap;letter-spacing:-.35px; }.Melodypog3-title div { position:absolute;margin-top:-70px;overflow:hidden;margin-left:165px;color:#2b2b2b;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #eeeeee; }.Melodypog3-title div span { display:block;margin-left:-165px; }.Melodypog3-tagged { background-color:#272727;padding:0px 9px;height:28px;border:solid 1px #232323;overflow:hidden;border-radius:5px;margin:15px 285px 17px 0px;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;text-transform:uppercase;text-align:center;letter-spacing:.35px; }.Melodypog3-tagged a { font:800 10px Poppins!important;line-height:28px!important;text-decoration:none;color:#999999!important;display:block;transition:.3s all; }.Melodypog3-tagged a:hover { color:#ffa8cc!important; }.Melodypog3-subtitle { padding-right:285px;font:bold 10px Hind;line-height:10px;text-align:justify;color:#606060;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.5px; }.Melodypog3-pkmn { margin:30px 0px 25px 0px;display:grid;grid-template-columns:auto auto auto auto auto auto;gap:10px;width:100%; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div { border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#272727;height:60px;border-radius:5px;display:flex;flex-direction:column;align-items:center;justify-content:center;cursor:pointer; }.Melodypog3-pkmn div img { display:block;transition:.3s all;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(75%); }.Melodypog3-pkmn div:hover img { filter:grayscale(0%) contrast(100%); }.Melodypog3-post { color:#dbdbdb;font:12px Hind;line-height:19px;letter-spacing:.25px;text-align:justify; }.Melodypog3-post i { color:#72b4ff; }.Melodypog3-post b { color:#ffa8cc;font:700 12px Poppins;line-height:17px; }.Melodypog3-icon { float:left; padding:14px;border:solid 1px #232323;background-color:#303030;height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:5px;margin:0px 25px 5px 0px; }.Melodypog3-icon img { height:80px;width:80px;border-radius:3px;}.Melodypog3-bot { height:109px;width:109px;padding:0px 0px 26px 26px;background-color:#2b2b2b;border-radius:0px 10px 0px 10px;margin:-110px 0px -25px -25px;display:flex;justify-content:center;align-items:center;color:#dbdbdb;font-size:45px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 { margin-top:30px;font:12px Hind;line-height:16px;color:#dbdbdb;height:75px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 h1 { margin:0px;border:solid 1px #232323;border-radius:5px;background-color:#272727;font:800 10px Poppins;line-height:10px;padding:9px;color:#ffa8cc;text-transform:uppercase;letter-spacing:.35px;max-width:fit-content;margin-bottom:10px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div { height:49px;overflow:auto;text-align:justify;padding-right:15px;color:#a3a3a3;text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #2b2b2b; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar { background:transparent!important;border:none!important;width:8px; }.Melodypog3-bot-1 div::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { background-color:#ffa8cc!important;border:solid 1px #232323!important;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2023 19:24:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
moltres.

the previous avatar of groudon wasn't the only friend he has lost in recent times. the memories of the only person the fiery avian reminds him of fills him with the grudge.

chasing after everyone else was distraction enough to keep his mind off of the matter, but the moment they reach their destination would be the moment that the feeling starts to be overwhelming. he knows it's not his style, but kyle finds himself wallowing in self-pity.

"would you guys prefer to take the champion title?" he suddenly asks.

he doesn't look at either and , both of whom are potential candidates to take his spot. they both were horrible replacements for some reason or another, but they do possess something he doesn't.

initiative.

he should've died during the slateport invasion, the encounter with the rocket boss on verdanturf, the blackout of slateport, the hunt that claimed moltres' avatar... survivor's guilt takes over the grudge he holds over himself. instead, he lives, while those with actual dreams, goals and passion continue to keep him resenting himself.

kyle catches his shift in disposition, but can't help but not find fault in it. it's an honest feeling, and it always weighed heavy in the heart despite not showing it, as he had shown to before.

a pokemon is released to help in the meantime. an instruction is muttered, and the song of war is sung.

HOWL OF THE WOLF PACK:
the user howls loudly to raise the spirit of itself and allies. this raises their ATTACK and SPECIAL ATTACK. this effect will be stronger on pokemon that SUBMIT to the user as their ALPHA.

ORDERS OF THE ALPHA:
the user can specific a single target. allies that have SUBMITTED to the user can only attack that target. that target takes increased damage from ally pokemon.

the temptation grows heavy. the issued firearm for officers of slateport pd is taken from its holster, and contemplation starts. kyle looks at his shadow pokemon— romanticized as those that faced death in the eye and survived. similarities are drawn as he asks himself a question.

would it also cross the border if it could?

08 experience immense grudgefulness, fear, envy, or hatred.

30 feel a throbbing temptation to pass through the border to the afterlife.

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,708 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 1:05:32 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minimal"]
[attr="class","top"]

Eva followed after Penelope first, then Melody, then Kyle and Matias -- until the entire group had found themselves chasing the ominous spirits back to the unmistakable sounds of crashing water.
[break] [break]
The waterfall.
[break] [break]
Dread twisted Penelope's heart, drawing out a breath from her squeezed lungs. This was where her spirit nearly carried forward. Where the idea of eternal rest had almost vanquish all thoughts of anxiety or stress.
[break] [break]
"This is it," she murmured, speaking more toward than the others, as they would've already been able to recognize it without her reminding. Gravel crumble beneath her tromping steps, documenting each inch gained toward the endless dark pit that laid in front of them. The teeth of the cavern's entrance wetted with excitement.
[break] [break]
Had it not been for the sound of her own heart pounding loudly into her ears, the councilwoman might've caught whiff of the guilt had been admitting to just a few steps behind, but alas, when brought back to one's own resting place, it'd take more than a whimper to shatter her tightened attention.
[break] [break]
Her Charizard and Pelipper clung close to her sides. Their nerves were just as heighten as their trainer's, especially given the fact that these malicious wisps had all but disappeared at the HOWL of 's mightyena, fading off from sight. Penelope figured they'd just gone to hide within the cave, but even with that solution in mind, her lips were taut from the stress pulsating throughout her entire body.
[break] [break]
It wasn't until her hand naturally reached for 's or 's did Penelope notice just how much she'd been shaking.
[break] [break]
When the group had finally entered, there wasn't much to be seen. The seal was tucked away, far from the entrance of the cavern, emptied of any jade beads or pokemon. There were no Victini wisps to be distracted by, nor pokemon near their immediate area. Just the sound of dripping water, crackling gravel, and the occasional echo of their own voices.
[break] [break]
"Where do you guys think it went?"
[break] [break]
The more the councilwoman trawled through the emptied pocket of rock and trailing water, the more the unease had drained from her face, leaving behind the muddled expression of frustration boiling into weakened desperation. There was no way they had just disappeared out of sight. They had to be there with them, hidden behind the rock, or dangling from the ceiling.
[break] [break]
Moltres -- was it there with them?
[break] [break]
Or, maybe, the flicker of hope had drawn her mad enough to consider a reality where it'd appear before them, in the same way she'd thought it would during her visit to Mt chimney with . How foolish.
[break] [break]
"Fuck."

With a heavy thud, Penelope struck her foot down onto the ground.
[break] [break]
"Sorry-- I guess it's gone," She muttered ruefully, "We can go back. There's nothing here for us."
[break] [break]
But, before she could turn back toward the path in which they came, the gruff roar of her charizard broke the silence, and fire plumed out from his opened jaws. There, inches from her face, she could feel the warmth of his FLAMETHROWER pushing back into a similar incoming spiral of flames. It cusped her cheeks like a pair of rough hands.
[break] [break]
Behind the flash of burning glory, two large wings flapped, their ends coated in a sheen of iridescent reds.
[break] [break]
Widened eyes stared back at the phoenix redoient of the League's history. Honestly, when Penelope originally reached out to those weeks ago, she hadn't known what to expect. But when placed fact-to-face with a legendary beast, what else is there to do than stare?

[break] [break]
Fortunately, her Pokémon made their decisions for her, because while Penelope remained still the malevolent spirit did not. It immediately moved to cast forth another array of attacks.
[break] [break]
"It's attacking us...?!"
[break] [break]
With a trilling cry, the bird sent forth a HEAT WAVE toward the group, clear in it's intentions to incinerate them. During the time in which Penelope's Pelipper aimed to combat against the heat with another series of elongated WATER PULSES, Charizard kept to it's trainer's defenses, forcing her onto his back before taking immediate flight. [break] [break]
[break] [break]
"Why is it attacking us??" From her position above, she called out at the others, voice cracking faster than any whip. She stared back down at and . "Weren't you two close with it's previous patron?? Why would it...?"
[break][break]

TLDR;
- Penelope gets to the waterfall, followed by Eva, then melody, then THE boys [break]
- Penelope is scward and tries to hold eva or melody's hand. She's shaking a lot. [break]
- Inside, there are no spirits to be seen. Penny tries to call it off, saying they can go back [break]
- POG? there WAS something inside and it's MOLTRES!!!!! AND IT ATTACKAS!! :o [break]
- MOLTRES uses HEAT WAVE onto the party. [break]
- Pelipper fights against the heat wave w water pulse, Charizard takes flight with Penny ontop [break]
- Penny is questioning why it would attack them, when they have kyle and matias, two of 's old friends [break]

close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
awards
8,058 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 4:10:34 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"the fuck?"[break][break]

in all honesty, had it been anyone but holding the position of champion, matias would've said yes. but out of the three swords of justice, he knows kyle is the most fitting for the position simply because of everything he has been through. how he has fought for hoenn, fought for others, and survived.[break][break]

the roar of moltres' HEAT WAVE fades into the background as a pokeball flashes open. his heatran's FLASH FIRE draws the attack in, defending the rest of the party from being incinerated.[break][break]

the drawn firearm is noticed. he takes a step towards before throwing a punch across his jaw.[break][break]

"snap the fuck out of it, kyle!"[break][break]

moltres' HURRICANE whips through them. still, he stands his ground, repeating the same words he had done during their first expedition.[break][break]

"we need you!"

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-heatran"]

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 6:40:19 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar
[attr="class","eva"]
[attr="class","top"]
 Eva sticks close to and as they approached the area where the wisps disappeared, “Here?” she repeats, her lips drawing into a tight line as she examines the rather intimidating abyss. Worry for Penelope wouldn’t do them much good, so Eva finds an inner peace, a CALM fueled by the need for stability and a clear head. It protects her from the invasive emotions impressing themselves upon the party. Her SYGNA SUIT sparkles alongside the sheen surrounding the Gallade.

Emerald hues critically peer through the darkness but are blinded by the sudden flash of fire. The ethereal Moltres emerged with a vengeance, spewing flames combated by the powerful Charizard. Eva is too distracted by the presence of Moltres to realize Kyle had drawn out his pistol and Matias had clocked him in the face. The situation was getting out of control.

The powerful winds of a HURRICANE ripped around them, and with her SYGNA SUIT on, Eva’s powers were suppressed, “That’s not Moltres,” Eva responds to . The lifeless gaze, the dulled colors, the tattered wings – it was the birds spirit. Blade increased EVASIVENESS helps the dual-type slide out of the way of the spirits next HEAT WAVE.

“Springtide Storm!” Eva’s hand pushes towards the Moltres, a motion mirrored by the Gallade. A vicious rush of fae energy combats the pokemon’s HURRICANE and pushes the Moltres back towards the abyss.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,453 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jan 15, 2023 8:17:23 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
pain brings warmth to his face. blood rushes at the point of impact, of which the slight smirk above the bruise only makes the feeling of hurt more pronounced.

"you'd be surprised how much that doesn't hold." a hand caresses his jaw. punching him wasn't exactly helpful. "because let's be honest, if someone else was ho-oh's avatar, they'd be much more helpful than i was."

he's too conservative. too passive. skills in pokemon don't translate well in a world were rules were meant to be broken. nothing makes sense, and ultimately boils into luck or fate, two abstact ideas that kyle does not usually believe in.

"but you're right. i'm not sure why i'm saying all of these, but assault surprisingly didn't cure me of it. wow, i know." he pauses. "you get me, right? this isn't the first time this happened. there's no getting rid of these thoughts until these spirits are quelled, or something like that."

that's how they got rid of it the last time.

he turns to when she asks a question, supplementing 's answer. "maybe because you shouldn't trust logic to work in these kinds of places too. i think that kinda helps explaining it."

still, kyle doesn't move. heat wave barely hurts him thanks to the efforts of and , but it's clear there's no shred of self-preservation from the champion.

"let's just get this over with." kyle takes off his jacket, which eventually turns the systems of the sygna suit off, and ties its sleeves across his waist. "taunt," he tells his mightyena.

a howl from the shadow pokemon calls the other spirits from hiding. the last time they were here, spirits have hounded kyle to take them back with the presence of ho-oh's influence in him. once his avatar powers return, so does the spirit's attraction to him.

"if you want me to snap out of it, i guess you can take care of these once and for all," he tells as he stretches casually.

30 feel a throbbing temptation to pass through the border to the afterlife.