Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Seeking a Job [Josh/C]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 6:04:13 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

For the ride to Mauville City, the royal opted to use a more beginner friendly ride since Dragapult wasn't a Pokemon she should be riding until the woman learned much on getting used to the speed of her dragon. Celeste the Galarian Rapidash rode through the city streets with Elise on the saddle and holding the reins while the royal's Zorua held onto the neck of the horse Pokemon. Elise did have a purpose of going to the city which was looking around for a job to do. Being a public figure of Galar was very nice and all, but she'd rather use her time here in Hoenn to learn some newer things.[break][break]

The first thing that the blonde saw was a building that definitely looked like it could be Josh's gym since he was the gym leader of this city. Getting off the Galarian Rapidash as Kuro hopped off to join her, Elise would wait a little bit for the man to greet her if he was busy at all doing some of his gym leader duties.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Seeking a Job [Josh/C]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2023 18:28:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Racing Grounds' main office had a stormy decor to it, the ceilings thundercloud gray, wlth all kinds of color and art to make one feel like they were inside a lightning storm. If Elise was familiar with Johtonian legends, she would have instantly recognized that it was a giant love letter to the legendary Beast of Thunder, Raikou. It was a Pokémon with unparalleled land speed. How did Josh know? He got to experience it firsthand. It was nothing short of paralyzing, and yet he still wanted to conquer it.

After a short wait in a mostly empty staging area, Shelly called for the princess. " ? The Leader will see you now, Take an immediate left, then an immediate right, then take the elevator to the top floor. You can't miss his office once you're there."

Provided Elise was able to follow the directions, she would find Josh's office, similarly colored to the main waiting room. On a large, wooden desk rest a computer monitor, a keyboard, a bottle of water, and a 12-inch Raikou plush toy with the most vicious-looking yet adorable face. "Great to see you, Princess Elise!" Josh greeted her, Saber, his Manectric, smiling at her from the corner behind him. "So I understand you're interested in either a security position or a Gym Trainer position at Mauville Racing Grounds, is that correct?"

{WC: 228}
{PC: 1}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Saber          Manectric       Good
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Seeking a Job [Josh/C]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2023 4:19:41 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Entering the Racing Grounds of Josh's gym having a stormy decor, the presence of Raikou's likeness which was the familiar legends of the legendary beast of thunder along with its other brethren making up the trio with their master, Ho-Oh. Her Zorua would be accompanying her inside the gym where the Galarian Rapidash would be left outside since she had told the horse that she'll be back a bit later. It didn't take a lot for her to be greeted by one of the staff who gave her the directions to Josh's office.[break][break]

Following the directions to reach the elevator to the top floor, she found herself seeing the office being in similar coloring to the waiting room. Hearing Josh greet her and asking her if she was interested in either a job in security or being a gym trainer, she responded with a smile. "Hello Josh, I did have an interest in either the security or a Gym Trainer job. I do understand security might be somewhat of a dangerous one judging by my station as royalty, but being able to keep you safer outweighs it."

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Seeking a Job [Josh/C]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2023 8:07:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh rubbed his hand over the Raikou plush's black crown as Elise inquired about the positions she was interested in. Royalty as a security guard was not what he was expecting. If it was romance she was seeking, then the princess was out of luck; Josh wasn't looking. He tapped at his keyboard for a bit, exploiting the vast resources his position as a Gym Leader gave him. "I pulled up your League file, and I noticed you do not possess a single Hoenn Gym Badge. Do you possess any Badges from other regions?"

Gym Badges were an important measure of Trainer prowess respected worldwide. One of a Gym Leader's responsibilities was to make sure they only handed out Badges to those who were truly worthy. One of Josh's speculations was that the number of Badges needed to take Hoenn's Champion Assessment being reduced from eight to six was that the League's Gym Challenge was too difficult, and her Elite Four may have started to get soft from getting so few challenges.

"A lack of Hoenn League Badges will not disqualify you from consideration. I do need to ask you, though: Why do you want this position, and why should I hire you?"

{WC: 203}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Seeking a Job [Josh/C]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 5:56:42 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

After seeing the man type on his keyboard and talking to her about her League file not having any gym badges of the Hoenn region, he would ask her if she had gotten badges from other regions. "You're correct that I don't have gym badges in this region and that I'll be attempting a gym challenge at some point. I did win a couple of badges up to Ecruteak's gym back at my home region of Johto before I came to Hoenn. It's not really much compared to the trainers that did all eight, but I hope it helps." [break][break]

The next question being asked by the gym leader was something like a regular job interview, so the royal would do her best to answer. "Well, I've been seeing my cousin having a job of his own other than being the crown prince and I thought I should get a job to get some work experience. As for the reason you should hire me, I do understand you are a high profile target and I'd have stronger Pokemon to command for your protection. Those Rockets that would be targeting you will not think to go after me."

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Seeking a Job [Josh/C]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2023 16:33:54 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh hummed as he continued clicking away, pulling up a copy of Elise's application. Everything she was saying was consistent with what was on her paperwork, and she did indeed have multiple Gym Badges. "Getting past Goldenrod and Ecruteak Gyms is a great qualifier," the Leader admitted. "Back when I was taking Johto's Gym Challenge, most people gave up on one of those two Gyms. Hoenn's Gyms hold their challengers to far higher standards, but I expect that experience to serve you well." Saber wandered to Elise's side of the desk and sat down next to her, the female perhaps able to feel mild static.

Josh smiled when he heard the girl did not mention compensation once, which was a good sign. It was a sign that she was motivated by the work, and not the pay. "Good. Very good. Next, can you describe an experience you've had in the last two years that would make you a good fit for these positions? It can be anything you feel would help you in your new position, were I to hire you." After all, a lack of job experience didn't mean she didn't have experience at all. Even something like an intense battle with a Gym Leader would qualify, or a situation where her bodyguard was overwhelmed and she had to protect herself.

{WC: 222}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Seeking a Job [Josh/C]
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2023 19:49:55 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Well, it was not hard to see why people would give up on those two other gyms than Azalea’s and Violet’s. Those gyms were a bit harder to get through since they were the toughest to beat and most other trainers had given up trying“ to beat the gym leader of her hometown. ”Both Goldenrod and Ecruteak’s gyms were the most difficult from what I’ve heard from other trainers, yes. With enough preparation, I was able to come out narrowly.“ She replied to the man with a little nod of agreement since there were few people who had Pokemon to deal with the gym leader’s best Pokemon while feeling the mild static coming from the Manectric taking its seat next to her.[break][break]

He would give her a question of giving an experience in the last two years that would be a good fit for the position she would be applying for. “I do remember having a close match with the Goldenrod City gym leader’s last Pokemon where my Fuecoco helped to finish the battle off after my Eevee fainted.” The woman recounted a bit of the very first time a battle really pushed the notion that gym battles were not going to make winning gym badges so easily like the former two.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Seeking a Job [Josh/C]
POSTED ON Mar 14, 2023 14:20:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh nodded as he listened to the young princess' story about a trying Gym battle. It seemed a lot of her experiences were on the Gym Citcuit, which scored a lot of points with the Leader. His eyebrows shifted when he heard that it was a Fuecoco that did the job against Goldenrod's traditionally Normal-type Gym. Perhaps there had been a change of leadership prior to Elise taking her challenge? Either way, he wouldn't question it. "That's good to hear! You sound like you have a lot of experience with Pokémon battles."

Clicking through several more prompts on his screen, it gave the Gym Leader the next question to ask of Elise. "Next, could you describe to me one of your moments of greatest personal success and one of your most difficult moments of personal failure?" Saber walked around the desk and wagged his tail next to the candidate.

{WC: 150}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Seeking a Job [Josh/C]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2023 22:45:42 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

From the man’s remark that she was actually experienced with Pokemon battles, she nodded to Josh and replied with a small smile. “My mother was the one to teach me how to Pokemon battle since she had an Umbreon for battles with her fans. She was one of the stronger Kimono Girls as I was told, her strength was admirable.” Now far off from Johto, she did hope to see her parents at some point when she returned back for a trip.[break][break]

The next question from Josh was describing one of her moments of greatest personal success and failure. “My greatest personal success is my Eevee being victorius against the Ecruteak City gym leader. For my greatest personal failure, it would be failing an algebra exam.” She replied to Josh, feeling that it could be ample to go on.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Seeking a Job [Josh/C]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 17:02:20 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Many of Josh's candidates could not come up with a shortfall, even if was as simple as not passing a class in high school. It didn't have to be a life-changing failure, merely a setback where one's expectations were not met. That she could mention a failure at all was a sign she was willing to improve, and a sign she had the work ethic to continue. "Thank you. Finally, I have a few questions pertaining to the positions you applied for."

Josh's prejudice, given her victory over Ecruteak's Gym Leader using an Eevee, was to make her a Gym Trainer. He still wanted to give the Galarian princess an option, though. "If I were to hire you, would you prefer to work as a Gym Trainer or as Gym security?" The two, even though they were related positions, required totally different skill sets.

{WC: 144}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Seeking a Job [Josh/C]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2023 22:30:56 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Hearing Josh say his thanks over her answer to his earlier question, he spoke of having a few questions over the positions she asked for. Both of those positions were at his gym though they had different skill sets to do. “I’ve dwelled on it a little, so if you were to hire me for your gym, I’d like to work as a gym trainer.” The female royal responded after realizing her capabilities as a trainer could work well with being a gym trainer.[break][break]

While it was going on, Kuro would hop onto her lap and make himself a little more comfortable to lay his head down for a small nap, the Zorua not wanting to stay up for something he thought of as boring and worth listening to.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Seeking a Job [Josh/C]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2023 8:19:10 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh nodded with a subtle smile. Given their past meetings, he knew from the beginning that the Gym Trainer role would fit Elise the best. His smile became less subtle as the young lady's Zorua hopped into her lap. What a cutie! At that point, he had made his decision. He needed to get a little more information about Elise's roster of Pokémon.

"I have just a few more questions of you, now that you have said you wish to be a Gym Trainer," the Gym Leader asked, taking a deep breath. "As a Gym Trainer, you will be expected to take battles from members seeking to prepare for challenges, as well as take official Gym Challenges. You will also be expected to be part of the field for Racing Challenges. What Pokémon do you have that you feel would be a good fit as a Gym Trainer at Mauville Racing Grounds?"

{WC: 154}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Seeking a Job [Josh/C]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 4:19:14 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

As Josh would talk a bit about what a Gym Trainer did in his gym, it appeared to be taking up battles from members that sought out challenges and taking official gym challenges. The other part of the job was being part of the field in racing chellenges where she was expected to do the same with any other gym challengers that decided to take up the racing course. [break][break]

A question came from the dark-haired man about her Pokemon roster where he asked which Pokemon she would feel was a good fit for a gym treainer to use at the Mauville Racing Grounds. “I have a lot on my arsenal, but I suppose my Absol will be my pick as a gym trainer for the gym’s racing grounds.” She answered his question after deciding on any of her Pokemon that were used as mounts.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,069 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Seeking a Job [Josh/C]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 14:56:01 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
An Absol was a great fit. They were smart and could listen to complex directions. Their body shape was perfect for a rider, and with their mixed quadrupedal features, weren't as rough of a ride as felines like Persian and Pyroar were. It seemed like Elise really did her homework and knew her stuff. It was her combination of openness, work ethic, and preparation that sealed the deal for her.

"I use an Absol pretty regularly for some of the courses out here," Josh related. "You have a great eye for recognizing how great of a species Absol are for battle and for racing." With that, he began typing up a written communication to send to Elise. "I'm going to send you an email with upcoming days I can take you through orientation, some self-paced learning, and hands-on training. You don't have to decide right now, but I do need a decision by Friday. Once you're out of training, I'll get you added to our personnel roster." He stood up and offered the princess a handshake. "Welcome to Mauville Racing Grounds, Elise."

{WC: 182}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,332 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Seeking a Job [Josh/C]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 15:46:08 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

With Josh saying that he had rode on an Absol before on the courses and praised her for having a great eye on recognizing they are a great species as battlers and for racing, she replied with a smile. “I have done some research into my other Pokemon’s capabilities as mounts after all.” Her Zorua woke up from his nap to find that the conversation betwen his trainer and the gym leader was just ending with her being hired.[break][break]

“Thank you, I will do my best to follow the orientation the hands-on training especially on the days you can train me for the job.” The Galarian royal gave her reply to Josh’s statement with a nod before reaching to shake his hand when he spoke of welcoming her to the Mauville Racing Grounds.

@tag [break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]