6,119 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
From Student to Teacher [S][C/Elise]
POSTED ON Jun 9, 2023 7:15:25 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
A full-speed run on Raikiri had never felt more liberating.

The Zeraora's bottom half wreathed in electricity, the claws at the end of his rear legs passed in front of his front legs at the peak of each of his powerful strides. It was a fast and violent gallop that was one of the greatest thrills any land Pokémon had to offer for those who could handle it. being a guest rider did not change Raikiri's demeanor one bit, unleashing every bit of his speed upon the Gym Leader and close co-worker.

At the surreal speed the duo traveled, it did not take long for them to arrive at Josh's old Racing Grounds. "QUICK ATTACK, Raikiri!" the Leader commanded, also flicking the Zeraora's reins. With a blistering fast leap, the electric cat soared over the fence surrounding his former Minor League Gym, derelict and overgrown with natural vegetation. Images trailed behind the Pokémon and riders for the few seconds the speed burst lasted, perhaps making Elise dizzy if she wasn't used to it.

Once they landed, Josh gradually slowed Raikiri. He, and possibly Elise, could feel the cat's rapid heartbeat as they approached an old maintenance building on the property's north side. The Gym Leader dismounted his Zeraora and opened a metallic door that made a grating creak as it swiveled on its hinges. "Below here is my special sanctuary. You're the only one of my Gym employees that's ever been down here." He led the royal down to the lower level, opening a second creaky, metal door. Beyond it was a large glow-in-the-dark, white, blue, and yellow decal of the legendary Pokémon Raikou. If the Pokémon was real, it would surely be the last thing the two would ever see, looking like it was going to maul those who gazed upon it.

{WC: 308}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
Blitz         Luxray         Good
Crash         Boltund        Good
Raiden        Zebstrika      Good
Blinky        Jolteon        Good

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 2:36:14 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Josh’s Zeraora, Raikiri, was a newer experience and probably not for beginners to ride. Still, the speed from the thunder cat on being a guest rider to Josh’s fastest mythical Pokemon would make for a good way to learn how to handle a Pokemon with much higher speed than her Absol. As the gym leader gave the command for Raikiri to use Quick Attack, the speed of the thunder cat increased into a rush of having to hold on for dear life lest that she fell off.[break][break]

The place that they were going to was the old racing grounds where Josh spoke last about his secret base being there. With Raikiri jumping over the fence in the same speed. she felt the dizzying feeling of the thunder cat’s gallop before the feline slows down. Hearing the rapid heartbeat of the thunder cat when she dismounts along with the gym leader, the vertigo still remained a bit when she tries to get herself together in balance.[break][break]

“Give me a minute to regain my footing because of the vertigo.” Her voice comes out as a little shaky and dazed while he spoke of showing off his special sanctuary since she was one of the only gym employees to come there. The vertigo would slowly dwindle for her to straighten herself a bit and follow Josh when he leads her inside the metallic door down to the lower level where there was a large glowing decal of Raikou beyond the metal door. “I’m not very surprised that you’ve also put a lot of dedication into making your secret base a love letter to Raikou. It does look very impressive.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,119 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 9:01:33 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Vertigo. That was what Josh had experienced sitting in Raikou's thundercloud saddle that day. It was a feeling that took a supernatural amount of speed to induce in the Gym Leader. "Take your time," Josh assured the royal. "I know you're not used to going quite that fast. Hell, even I'm not used to Raikiri fully yet. A sprint that fast is hard even on me." Once the two regained their senses sufficiently, Josh waited for Elise to slide off the Zeraora before doing so himself. He swung the door open and flicked a light switch on.

The second metallic door creaked open, revealing the Gym Leader's personal sanctuary. It would have looked quite familiar to Elise. The display case of racing trophies had a few more than before, including the Bronze Plaque commemorating his third-place finish at the big race at Fortree City. The ride-on Raikou was still staring directly at them as they entered, and the four-panel dance game setup was still on their right. The biggest difference was the presence of a table and three chairs near the giant, lavish plush. To him, it served as a fourth chair surrounding the table, though he would not be able to reach the table from where he sat. It would be like sitting on a bar stool surrounding a normal dining table.

He didn't care, though; this was one of the few places he could safely lose himself in his childhood fantasy. The grown man got on the toy Raikou's thundercloud and leaned into it as though he were riding the real thing. He lightly pulsed the reins and sounded a command in a quiet, yet cry-like, voice: "Faster, Raikou! Faster!" Though the Beast did not move, he closed his eyes and imagined the wind flying around him like it did that day the Top Champion gave him a birthday present he would never forget.

After a few minutes, he shook his head, releasing Blitz, his Luxray, and Blinky, his Jolteon. "You two mind recharging the batteries here? I'm sure they're low on power by now." With a nod, the two went to opposite corners of the Secret Base, flipped open battery covers that camouflaged with the floor, and began discharging electricity around them.

{WC: 375}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 4:29:38 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

As Josh responds that she could take her time to recover from being in the saddle of a very fast Pokemon like Raikiri, she had some time to make sure the vertigo wasn’t too much before entering the secret base with the Mauville gym leader after sliding off the Zeraora. She would see the sight of the secret sanctuary with most of the secret base’s items still being in their places the last time she had seen it during the Flagventures’ Campaign. [break][break]

She watches the man get onto the back of the ride-on Raikou while she felt the same sense of enjoyment he did when he got on its back though Josh released his electric Pokemon to recharge his ride with their electric moves. “I do remember riding on it once in the campaign. It was a fun one even if I can be myself out of the eyes of the royal court.” The female Galarian speaks with a small chuckle.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,119 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 7:45:43 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It did not come to Josh's surprise that Elise was one of those who found his Secret Base last spring. With the two having known each other through Mauville Gym, finding his old Gym's location would have been a breeze. He even pretend-squeezed the feline's sides, imagining going for an Extreme Speed run on the Johto legendary's back. The memories of him rushing across eastern Hoenn at death-defying land speeds came flooding into his mind. He had to be careful, though; he couldn't let those kinds of desires cloud his judgment again. He still wanted to serve on AQUA despite the dangers. If it got out of hand again, the League wouldn't be giving him a second chance. Plus, he had to prove he could stand on his own without the help of a legendary Pokémon.

After being lost in his daydream for a couple minutes, Josh set the reins down and casually sat on the Raikou plush's back, as though the Beast were still. "I've been on the real thing before. This is one of the few ways I have to appreciate that memory. It's unlike anything you can imagine. It must be what other people feel when they ride at full speed with me."

Josh shook his head. "But that's not why you're here. I got your text the other day. You said you're thinking about leaving Mauville to open your own Gym, right?"

{WC: 237}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2023 1:11:26 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Giving her boss a nod when he talks about being able to the real thing in comparison to the plush, she does hope to get to ride on either of the three legendary beasts someday. “It’s fortunate that you’ve gotten to experience riding on what Raikou’s speed feels like. I can only wish that I could ride onto either of the three legendary beasts, purely for an experience beyond compare.” Though she hoped to learn much on what she could on Pokemon riding for a little while before moving to an intermediate ride.[break][break]

But, that was not the thing they did come to meet at his secret base. Josh would speak to her about the text she gave him and that she thought of leaving Mauville to open up a gym of her own at some point in time. “Yes, I’ve given it some thought over setting up one in Fallarbor Town though it would be a long while. Unfortunately, I have to mend Galarian-Hoennian relations since it is a very urgent matter my elder cousin entrusted to me as well as the issues popping up with the aftermath of the Darkest Day.” Her response to the Mauville gym leader came with her tone becoming worried since this was the stress Remiel had to deal with when he left his post to pursue being an archaeologist.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,119 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2023 4:36:06 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"The best way to describe what being on Raikou's back is like is Raikiri but faster," Josh replied. "I've been on Suicune's back, too. Back when I was ruining my life chasing Raikou with the...earnestness I once did, for lack of a better word, every road led to him. , sorry. He was the one that got me started in the Gym program in the first place. Raikou's Extreme Speed is nothing short of paralyzing, even if you're used to really high speed. Raikiri's Quick Attack is fast, but Raikou is in a league of its own." He sighed, the memory so distant. At least every so often, if he wanted to relive the experience of a Beast ride, he could get ahold of the Top Champion and do some work together that necessitated the high speed. He wanted to experience what riding Entei was like, as well, but the fire-type seemed a bit reserved to let guests aboard the last time he asked.

"Honestly, you want my best recommendation?" the Mauville Leader asked, letting her thoughts sink in. "I'd recommend applying for 's Minor League program first. Gym Leaders in Hoenn have a lot of other responsibilities beyond taking challengers. They're the heads of Law Enforcement for their cities. My experience as a spare wheel, floating between Ranger and Officer work, was part of the reason I got selected for my position." How long ago had he tussled with and ? It had been almost a year now.

"You're effectively one of the generals of Hoenn's army, answering only to the Elite Four, Council, and of course, the Commissioner herself. You will be required to participate in most military operations, like Dewford. Remember that?" Losing the Seal Stone was a devastating blow, and would leave the League at a serious disadvantage. He wondered how much Rocket activity there was at The Border, having seen the Yellow Seal there himself. The Seal of Hatred. With the seal merely leaking, its mist conjured an incredibly hateful version of himself, willing to fight him to the death. It was for that reason he had put off his return trip there.

"Don't even remind me. Hoenn had its own Darkest Day. Thankfully, I dodged the draft for it by one day. Did you hear how many Pokémon were killed by...that thing that day?" He gave a physical description of Necrozma to the best of his ability. "Hundreds, if not thousands. The human toll was huge, too." A single LIGHT THAT BURNS THE SKY ended countless lives that day. He was fortunate to not be among them. "Anyway, that's enough. We can't do anything about it now. Applying for the Minor League program will give you the Pokémon-related responsibilities of a Gym Leader without the political and military baggage that comes with it. You'll have less challenger volume, as well. It's a great way to get your feet wet before you commit to the position. I was a graduate from the Minor League program when stepped down as Mauville's Gym Leader."

{WC: 513}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 4:35:40 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

As Josh described riding on Raikou being on his Zeraora, but a lot more faster than the yellow thundercat, she imagines that riding on the legendary beast himself would need a lot more control to stay on higher speeds. “I see, it’s very informative over how fast Raikou can be.” She replied a bit as riding on Raikiri for the first time being the passenger to Josh’s driver had made her dizzy through the ride over to his secret base.[break][break]

Towards her wanting to be a gym leader in the future, the Mauville gym leader recommended that she should apply for the Minor League program ran by the Commissioner of Hoenn and that gym leaders were expected to be law enforcement officers serving in military operations like the one at Dewford. “Yes, I remember the operation at Dewford. As for your suggestion on applying to the Minor League program, I will think it’s a more fitting solution.” [break][break]

Over the mention of having to deal with the Darkest Day aftermath in Galar’s immigrants. the death toll was very great that it would make her more concerned for the people back home. Remiel told her that she should try to mend relations since the Galarian diplomats back at their country would be dealing with the aftermath themselves. “I do think having a smaller challenger volume will be less of a problem for the important job I have to do and yes, it will definitely be a nice way to get my feet wet before I commit.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,119 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 9, 2023 7:23:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Even Minor League candidates were heavily screened. While Elise would have no issue passing background checks, she needed the Pokémon battling skills to pass the practical exam. "If you're serious about applying for the Minor League, on one of your days off, I want to put you through the gauntlet. If you want to be a Gym Leader, my level of combat prowess is close to, if not at, the floor the League is willing to tolerate." He was trying to save her the pain of being put on probation for battle performance issues. Each Gym was supposed to weed out a certain percentage of challengers from the Gym Challenge, and for its first few months on the circuit, Josh's Gym was not maintaining those standards. Since then, Mauville had a reputation for being a trying Gym, many challengers saving it for last.

Josh nodded at her acknowledgment of the one-day battle. "If you join the Major League, you will be obligated to battle in most operations, with the Elite Four as your commanding officers. They won't tolerate insubordination of any kind." He internally shook a fist at , one of his direct superiors. He couldn't stand taking orders from him, and he knew insubordination would lead to more than just a loss of his Gym Leader position. He was the Volatile, and Josh's Sygna Suit left him weak to Ground-type attacks. One Ground-type hit from Matias' Patron and he would be mere paste on the ground.

"You'll also have to come up with a theme and a set of challenges for your Gym, and they can't closely overlap with any other Gym's challenge," Josh continued. "Do you have any ideas what you want to do? If not, we can brainstorm."

{WC: 292}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 20:41:05 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Listening to the dark-haired gym leader when he talks about her being serious about joining the Minor League, he wanted to put her through the gauntlet when she had one of her days off. “I don’t mind being put through the gauntlet when I get my days off from the ambassador’s office. It’ll be good for practice.” A reply came from her when he talks about gym leaders in the Major League having to partake in battle operations with the Elite Four being the commanding officers. The Elite Four as the commanders wouldn’t tolerate insubordination of any kind.[break][break]

She nods a little to his words when Josh speaks about gyms having a theme and a set of challenges where they wouldn’t have overlap with the other existing gyms on Hoenn before he asked if she had ideas and that they could brainstorm if she hasn’t come up with any. “Ah well… I was thinking of a ghost type gym like the one back in Ecruteak, but I’d want it to be somewhat different, so there’s no overlap with the Ecruteak City gym.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,119 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 7:22:37 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh nodded at Elise's resolve. "It sounds like you're serious about it. Pick a day both of us have off, and you and I should have a battle that day. We'll find your shortcomings, and I'll do what I can to help you work on them." She had access to the Gym's internal scheduling document, so it would be very easy to cross-reference their upcoming days off and pick one that suited them both.

He listened to the royal's suggestion for a Gym's type and smiled at her selection. "You don't need to worry about overlapping with a Johtonian Gym. It's overlap with Hoenn's Gyms that's the League's concern with every new Leader. Hoenn doesn't have a Ghost-type Gym, so you're good on that front. Now, what about your... special challenge? The one that sets your Gym apart from the others?" While she didn't strictly have to have one per League regulations, Josh found it was a great way to attract challengers. After all, most of his own challengers preferred to race him instead of battle him, despite the low challenger success rate!

His eyes shifted toward the Luxray, who was about to finish recharging the Secret Base's large batteries. "You want on the Raikou?" Josh asked, looking like he was about to hang the soft-looking reins up.

{WC: 218}
{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2023 1:09:44 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The gym leader could tell that she was really serious with wanting to become a gym leader at some point. “I’ll pick a day when we can be both off of duties to battle with one another. I’d love to hear any feedback you’d give me on our match and what I can improve on.” She nods to her friend since her battling skills needed to be polished. Her losses at the Big Battle of Dewford Town showed that her opponents appeared to be stronger than her especially the person in the cyber tech suit.[break][break]

When he talks about not having to worry about overlapping with a Johtonian gym since Hoenn didn’t really have a Ghost type one, the only concern he had was the overlap with any of the present gyms in the Hoenn region for a new Gym Leader since each gym was different.[break][break]

He does ask about her special challenge since every non-traditional challenge was also different from one another. “I’m very inspired by a certain game with all those items in dungeons and that the plot is saving a princess from an evil sorcerer, but…I’m still trying to come up with something that fits the Ghost typing.” Giving her reply to the gym leader, maybe she’d have to try something fitting like some other puzzle.[break][break]

After a moment of talking to her friend about her plans for her own minor league gym, Josh asks if she wants to ride on the Raikou. “I will be honored to ride on your ride on Raikou.” The young woman gives Josh a smile when he was about to put up the reins for her to take as she gets on the plush to hold the reins.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,119 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 18:08:41 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Looking forward to it," Josh replied with a big smile on his face. "I had to step up my battle skills a lot when I took over Mauville Gym. I'm curious to see how you battle. I'm sure we can learn a lot from one another." Aside from wild Pokémon, Josh had never seen Elise battle before. He knew she liked ghost-types, which made her remark about making her Gym Ghost-type come as no surprise.

He perked up more when Elise mentioned the inspiration for her special challenge. "So a lot like Rosmontis' Gym on the other side of town, but an indoor version of it," he speculated. "That sounds like a ton of fun! During the off-season I would do remote beta testing for an indie game studio that made those types of adventure games. Of course, I can't do that anymore, now that I run Mauville Gym full time."

Josh got down from the plush Raikou to give a Elise a turn in the thundercloud seat. To him, she looked like a natural rider, a knight in shining armor, on the facsimile of the legendary creature. "You've learned a lot from me. One day, I hope to take you on the back of the real thing. Just like Kyle did for me."

{WC: 215}
{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,358 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2023 23:05:19 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

In comparison, she did see Josh battle before when she worked as his gym trainer over his traditional challenges though they were not as used much as his non-traditional challenges. “I would love for you to give feedback over our battle. Aside from the big battle at Dewford, I wasn’t able to get anything due to it being a big conflict and I was trying my best.” The royal replied to Josh with a nod since she had a lot to learn from her few losses from her battles there.[break][break]

With Josh saying that he couldn’t wait to see how her challenge was different than the one held in Rosmontis’ minor league gym, there would be a time to prove that hers could be a challenge worth trying. “I’m sure that the advice you’ll give during the non-trad will be useful. I hope it will be not as overlapping as Rosmontis’ non-traditional challenge.” As he talks about hoping that one day, he’ll take her on the back of the real Raikou just like Kyle did for him, she keeps holding the reins of the ride on Raikou while feeling the plush move. “And I know you will, Josh. Even though the real Raikou is not here anymore, I would love to ride on him all the same.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,119 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 7:09:42 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Elise's work ethic seemed to mirror his own, which was one of the biggest reasons Josh had hired her in the first place. And now, she was following in his footsteps. While it meant he would see the royal less due to reduced hours, it would give him a challenge to look forward to once the place opened. "Taking inspiration from another successful Gym isn't a bad thing, as long as you can put your own twist on it. Don't take on any more appointments than you can handle. Trust me on this one; taking on too many appointments at once was my biggest mistake as a Gym Leader. You'll have to turn people away, especially when you open your doors, and that's okay."

Josh's smile grew as he watched Elise manipulate the Raikou's reins. She truly was a natural rider, wasn't she? How much was her training at Mauville Racing Grounds and how much of it was innate talent was, of course, difficult to tell; most hires had to have some experience being astride a Pokémon to get in the door at all. "I'll see if I can get you a meeting with sometime. If you're good friends with him, I'm sure he'll let you on his Raikou, especially if you give him my name."

After some more idle chatter, and perhaps a Step Step Revolution match or three, it was getting late. If they stayed any later, they would be caught in the middle of Route 111's wilds in the dead of night. "Should probably head back to Mauville soon," the Gym Leader suggested. "Oh, and that PTO request you put in. Are you able to rescind your request for the Friday of that week? I have too many people already approved off for that Friday. If you remove that day from your request, I should be able to approve the rest of it."

{WC: 318}
{PC: 8}