Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
A SERIES OF LETTERS [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 14:47:02 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar

Two identical letters are sent out to and

One month
07/XX/23

Hello,

I hope this letter finds you well. We've just started our postal service within Motosoke, and while comes across as the reliable type, there are no guarantees with this sort of thing.

Did your city receive news from the high king? He made an audience with our city's king and me two days prior, gifting us this prophecy I'd never heard of. Somehow, it makes me regret not investing more time into riddles as a kid. Maybe then I would be able to glean more from these sorts of ancient texts.

Beyond that, how is everything being handled? We're still in the beginnings of setting up our essentials, but fortunately, there looks to be enough to sustain us for a while. I hope the same can be said about [INSERT or 's city].

Lastly, how are you handling things? Here, the days are rough but the nights are worse. Can't help but feel homesick. If only we knew - maybe then, we would've at least been able to say proper goodbyes. Alas, this is how things are.

Sincerely,

Queen of Motosoke

PS,
[Attached is the prophecy she received from the high king]

close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,298 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
A SERIES OF LETTERS [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 17:35:45 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

ONE MONTH

07/XX/23

[break]

Miss Livy,[break][break]

Or is it Queen Livy now? Queen Penelope?[break][break]

I hope this letter finds you well. When arrived, everyone was so surprised. We made him stay the night so we could all write letters he could bring back with him.[break][break]

We did receive the prophecy here in Circhester. My brother is studying it to understand its meaning, but he hasn't reached any conclusions yet. I'll let you know as soon as we have more information. Let us know, too, if you learn more.[break][break]

As for everything else…[break][break]

Things are rough here, too. I spend a lot of my time on our defensive wall, watching the horizon. Patrol duty, too. If I sit still for too long, I get restless. My head is not the best of places these days, but your letter made me feel better.[break][break]

I know what you mean about proper goodbyes, though. But maybe we'll all find a way home soon. Don't lose hope, ma'am.[break][break]

Sincerely,[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
A SERIES OF LETTERS [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2023 22:48:23 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

ONE MONTH
07/XX/23

Councilwoman Penelope,

Or would Your Majesty be preferred? News of your and 's coronation has reached us, and while I'm unsure how the effects of that will pan out at least it guarantees you the labor and loyalty of the peasantry.

I'm thankful for 's work, and grateful that he and others like him will be braving the wastes to keep all our settlements connected. may have already informed you, I've begun my own research along with and in Circhester to try to create long range comms using the devices we have so far. Though, it still seems like a far off goal.

As for Hammerlocke, we've received a prophecy and had our own royalty crowned. currently, Rocket or League, we are working to fortify the city and crack the prophecy. Every wave of monsters is exhausting, but we hope our fighting will be enough to bring back the heroes to let us leave this dream-like purgatory.

I suppose I should include an update about myself. I'm regressing to my days as a soldier. Like you, my nights are rough. My head buzzes constantly, and I miss the routine Hoenn gave me and have begun to craft a new one for this place. I'm ashamed to say I'm regressing, my progress chipping away as I slip back into old habits. It is vital I keep working, or I fear I may not wake up one day.
Seeing the horse riders has given me hope. If I can't leave Galar, perhaps I'll be able to see my colleagues.

I miss your dry wit and your petty barbs. I fear I may have acted too rashly when we were separated and regret it.

Very Respectfully,

close tab

played by

Captain

Penny, the coveted
She/her
September 25
Petalburg
heterosexual
HBIC Director
Council
tear me to pieces
skin to bone
5'6" height
5'6" height
awards
2,709 posts
part of
TAG WITH @penelope
PENELOPE LIVY
A SERIES OF LETTERS [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2023 7:01:19 GMT
PENELOPE LIVY Avatar

I cannot explain how relieved I am to hear back from you. From the sounds of it, all of our cities have maintained a steady progression into solidifying our essentials. There's no telling how long we'll be stuck here, so best to play on the safe side with these things.

Since we last spoke, Motosoke has received a few changes.

[includes a brief summary of the ongoing activities. The details range from deep specifics on their Dynamax research to a succinct recount of the shifts of positions among their residents. ]

How are things with you still? I've been dealing with this royalty situation, and to be honest, I'm pretty done with it. I much prefer being a councilwoman. At least then I didn't have to attend so many public appearances. makes things easy at times, since the citizens naturally love him, which is great, but his likability can only go so far.

I just rather be spending my time with , or with , or , or anyone who us actually investing time into something that might ensure our escape. Like, today when I meant to spend the night at the observatory, making sense of this prophecy, i had to be dragged away for another "mandatory" summoning. No moment is ever mine anymore. And, if it is, it's spent working on what's here with or . I don't know anymore.

I hope your brother is doing alright as well. It's nice knowing at least some families were able to stick together in all of this.

Oh! I also heard is with you guys over there. Tell him hi for me.

Sincerely,
PENELOPE LIVY
Queen of Motosoke

P.S.
Just call me Penny.

I cannot explain how relieved I am to hear back from you. From the sounds of it, all of our cities have maintained a steady progression into solidifying our essentials. There's no telling how long we'll be stuck here, so best to play on the safe side with these things.

Since we last spoke, Motosoke has received a few changes.

[includes a brief summary of the ongoing activities. The details range from deep specifics on their Dynamax research to a succinct recount of the shifts of positions among their residents. ]

Now with that out of the way, I hope you do not mind me speaking a bit about myself. With things as they are, there's never really a moment where I'm allowed to be -- as you called it -- "my dry wit and petty barbs" self.

I hate this place and I'm growing to hate everyone here. Of course, there are those I like, but for the most part, people are just...settling into place? As if they'd already determined there was no way out. That this is it. I understand the necessity to sustain ourselves -- it's something I'm actively a part of planning -- but shouldn't we devote our time to getting out?? I talk to about this and he thinks I'm crazy. "Take a break," he tells me, "it can wait."

What do you think? Is it the same over there?

Honestly, Paxton, I can't help but miss you as well. I see now how much I've taken for granted all my life. If we're able to meet each other again, I'd like to. Maybe grab ourselves a drink, because I sure as hell need one. D

Sincerely,
PENELOPE LIVY
Queen of Motosoke

P.S.

Just call me Penny.
close tab

played by

gunsmile

"Lancer"
he / him
September 5
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
pansexual
paralegal / special agent
lieutenant
6'1" / 185 cm height
6'1" / 185 cm height
awards
1,298 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gunner
Gunner Graves
A SERIES OF LETTERS [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2023 15:06:30 GMT
Gunner Graves Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunner2"]
[attr="class","text"]

,[break][break]

Sorry it's taken me a while to reply. I have had to deal with some personal issues. Don't worry, my brother and I are doing fine. Everyone is safe here, still. I won't burden you with the story, unless you wish to hear it.[break][break]

In terms of recent developments, we've been working on building our stock of supplies and reinforcing the fortifications around the city. In fact, [insert description of recent activity in Circhester].[break][break]

I can only imagine how difficult it must be to rule a city. Are you alone, or was someone else crowned king or queen with you? Here, King and Queen have been working together — surprising, considering he is a Ranger and we found out she's with Team Rocket.[break][break]

Which brings me to wonder: do you have infighting between the League and Rocket in Motostoke? Here, we've mostly kept to ourselves. I don't know that I could ever work with them, after all they've done.[break][break]

Angelo is here with his wife . They've been amazing friends to Gideon and me. I'll definitely give them your regards, and send you theirs. Say hello to Ollie for me, too.[break][break]

Sincerely,[break]

[attr="class","ooc"]
[attr="class","tag"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.gunner2]--accent:#D8AD43;[/newclass]
[newclass=.gunner2]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h1"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 h2"]font:bold 14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .text b"]font:bold 12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .tag a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunner2 .credit a"]font:10px Poppins!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kimmy

pax
he/they
may 26
vermillion city, kanto
pansexual
intel and accountability officer
deputy director
then i'll become the monster, i will deal the blow
awards
1,482 posts
part of
TAG WITH @paxton
paxton concordas
A SERIES OF LETTERS [GG]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2023 23:26:31 GMT
paxton concordas Avatar

Penny,

As always, thank you for your updates. Any information we can share with each other will be invaluable in our survival. I make sure to pass on these updates to my own monarchy in order to ensure we stay alive long enough to meet again.

Hammerlocke is also advancing as well:

[includes a summary in the form of multiple bullet points addressing different events as well as the people helping contribute to these. A mention of morale as well as the continued break down in factional conflict in preference for survival, which he agrees with for now. Work on the radio tower as well as progress with the constellations is mentioned as well.]

I understand your frustration. I'm anxious to get back home too. This place isn't somewhere to settle. Being in this constant state of survival and alertness isn't normal, and regressing into too much of a routine is simply a coping mechanism. However, overworkign yourself will also only make it harder for us to get out. Eat your three meals and hydrate. As long as you do that, and get the 8 hours of sleep after, I don't think it matters what you do.

After all, queens can delegate, and you're rather skilled at that.

(:

I am hoping to settle the 'troops' here well enough before I feel comfortable leaving with one of the couriers. Hopefully, in a month or so? Don't quote me on that.

Maybe it'll be a surprise.

(:

P.S.

They used to call me Pax. You can as well if you'd like.

P.S.S.

Invite . He probably needs one just as badly as you do.

Respectfully,

I hope this letter finds you well. I have been writing to Penelope and I figured I would write to you as well. In case you haven't already heard from her, here's an updates on Hammerlocke for your records:

[includes a summary in the form of multiple bullet points addressing different events as well as the people helping contribute to these. A mention of morale as well as the continued break down in factional conflict in preference for survival, which he agrees with for now. Work on the radio tower as well as progress with the constellations is mentioned as well.]

In any case, I know we didn't have much time to get to know each other before we fell into Galar, but I hope you won't mind a more personal touch on these updates.

'The strongest steel is forged in the hottest fires' and all that.

I was rather close with the people I fought side by side wit hand I hope we can be too. If not, brothers in arms, at least good work colleagues.

Anyway, if there's anything you need, don't hesitated to ask.

P.S.

Penny asked me to call her that, and I've decided you can call me Pax as well.

Respectfully,

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
A SERIES OF LETTERS [GG]
POSTED ON Aug 30, 2023 1:57:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]COMMS COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
N/A

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: