Historic Heat [M][C/Elise]
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 6:50:44 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
TO: (josh.devlin@hoennleague.gov)
CC: (elise.calcifet@galar.gov)
MISSION: "Historic Heat"
PROTOCOL: Rescue
DANGER: ★☆☆☆☆

A historic heat wave is baking Hoenn's oceans, causing sea levels to drop at an alarming rate. This is causing many small Water Pokémon, such as Pyukumuku, to become stranded on previously-submerged shorelines. We have already received reports of Magikarp, Tentacool, and Finizen bodied populating expanded beaches, indicating an imminent heat stroke threat for Pokémon unable to make it back to the water. These Pokémon need to be transported back to the sea with all due haste. Time is of the essence. Your mission is to oversee the transport operation and assist with it when able.

Your objectives are as follows:

A) Return beached Pokémon to sea
B) Gather water Pokémon corpses for disposal
C) Minimize wild Pokémon casualties

Unacceptable levels of Pokémon casualties will result in a mission failure. Remember, the sooner these Pokémon can get back in the sea, the more likely they are to survive.

Good luck! We're all counting on you.

It was blistering hot! Even sitting on the back of Inky, his Glaceon, he was sweating. He couldn't have imagined how hot it must have been for the Ice-type, though it was needed to avoid running into heat-related illnesses himself. The last thing this weather crisis needed was more victims. Cooling centers throughout southwest Hoenn were already overwhelmed from nearly the entire region being under an excessive heat warning for several days straight.

Several of Josh's water Pokémon had medium-sized cages rigged to them. Among them were his Sharpedo and both his Samurott, all of which were rather strong. Josh had hoped had read the briefing and came appropriately prepared with a water or ice-type Pokémon to stay cool. He had also hoped Yosei would help out, but the TRUANT dragon wanted no more than to bask in the sun's intense rays. While waiting, Inky located the first victim: a Pyukumuku. Straddling the strange Pokémon, the Glaceon's long, scarf-like fur flapped outward while loosing a highly localized BLIZZARD that froze a path for the Pyukumuku to slide into the sea. With a kick from the ice-type, the marooned Pokémon was on its way!

{WC: 380}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Inky          Glaceon        Good
Kairi         Vaporeon       Good
Yosei         Salamence      Good
Snacker       Sharpedo       Good
Fumiko        U!Samurott     Good
Toshiro       H!Samurott     Good
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,347 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2023 20:04:41 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

The email is sent to her work email with details over the mission that both of them had to do over the summer heat being as unbearable for the Pokemon in the wild. She would head there to the destination now, so the ranger doesn’t keep her friend waiting on Route 104. Seated on the back of her female Pyroar, Kori the Alolan Vulpix tries to keep her trainer cool with Icy Wind, its power being enough that it would act as a makeshift cooling fan. [break][break]

It’s clear that the small icy fox tries to keep up with Atalante before the trio of trainer and Pokemon would see Josh himself seated on the top of his large Glaceon who was helping a beached Pokemon slide back into the sea. “I’ve gotten the email, so I brought along my Alolan Vulpix to help with the Pokemon here.” The royal responds to the gym leader while Kori walks over to a Finneon struggling to get back to the ocean waters and uses Ice Beam to create a sheet of ice, pushing the fish towards slipping on the ice to easily get back inside the waters.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Mission: Heat Wave

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2023 19:44:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh was happy to see Elise on the job, considering she wasn't on the Ranger roster. For simple tasks, it was not uncommon for Rangers to forward tickets to civilians looking to make a quick buck. Perhaps Elise was doing it out of the goodness of her heart; she seemed among the ultra-wealthy to the Gym Leader. "A Pyroar?" Josh asked the princess. "Why a Pyroar in this weather? Aren't you burning up?" he asked out of concern. With latent air temperatures well above the internal temperature of the human body, riding on a fire-type was asking for heat stroke.

The Alolan Vulpix would help, but not as much as water-types would. Josh almost brought Rime, but he wasn't sure how long the Alolan Ninetales could handle the heat. "Don't forget to rotate your Pokémon so they can stay cool," Josh advised, swapping rides to his Vaporeon, Kairi. Her AQUA RING kept water-type and rider as comfortable as could possibly be in the extreme heat; there was nothing cozy about weather that forced the crowding of cooling centers.

Magikarp began to collect along the shoreline as the waves retreated. The young man knew that sliding them into the ocean with a water-type move would not be good for the exhausted fish whose consciousness could be leaving them at any moment. Instead, he hurled the Balls containing his two Samurott, Fumiko and Toshiro, in their direction. The two carefully lifted the helpless Pokémon using the flats of their seamitars, gently lowering them into the waves so that they could swim away. To Josh's dismay, some of them simply floated on the surface of the water; it was a sign that some had already succumbed to heat-related illnesses.

{WC: 288}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,347 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2023 21:23:28 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Josh’s concern made some sense since riding a Fire type wouldn’t be a good idea to do in the heat, so she dismounts from Atalante. “Oh, I…should’ve gotten a cooler ride than a fire type like Pyroar. I’m sorry.” The female Pyroar doesn’t mind being outside since her typing meant that she could withstand the heat though the feline Pokemon looks a little worried for Kori being in the heat for far too long. The royal’s employer does tell her that she should swap out her Pokemon, so they wouldn’t get heat stroke as he continued to help the other beached Pokemon.[break][break]

Pressing the button on her Alolan Vulpix’s Pokeball, the royal switched out Kori with Sidon the Croconaw as the crocodile Pokemon moves to help a Finneon laying on the hot sand. His jaw opens to try to cool off the fish with Hydro Pump as the torrent of water pushed the beached fish back to the ocean. The Croconaw wondered if he could use Hydro Pump to cool off his trainer some though a strong water attack wouldn't be a good idea to do that.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jul 22, 2023 8:03:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Your Pyroar will still be helpful for getting Pokémon back to the sea if she doesn't mind her fur getting a little wet," Josh reassured her. "It's just a matter of making sure you don't get heat stroke from sitting on a mount that's so warm in hot weather like this." He whistled for Fumiko to come to his side after the two Samurott finished helping a beached Finizen return to the sea. He also used an empty Poké Ball to capture a second one in worse shape, intending to take it to the nearest Pokémon Center to be treated for heat-related illnesses.

Once Fumiko had arrived, Josh gestured toward Elise, then to her. "You can get on my Samurott, Fumiko, if need be. One thing people don't understand is how hot hard surfaces get. Did you know that when the air temperature gets over 100 degrees, concrete and asphalt can get to over 160 degrees?" The Elite Ranger let that sink in. "That's 70 in international units, if you're not familiar with Imperial... hot enough to cook an egg. That's why you should rotate your Pokémon." The sizzling steam coming from beneath Josh reminded him that he needed to do the same thing. "Kairi, come back. Inky, we need you to relieve her." With an impressive mounted quick-switch, he swapped ride Pokémon, one appearing where the other stood within a split second of each other.

{WC: 241}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,347 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2023 19:41:02 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Josh spoke that Atalante should still be useful in getting Pokemon back to the sea if she doesn’t mind getting her fur wet, so the royal nods back to the gym leader. “I’ll have her help out with the Pokemon that have trouble getting back to the sea then.” Making a gesture for the female Pyroar to look around for any water type Pokemon that had trouble getting back to the ocean waters, the gym leader also tells her that riding on a fire type mount would cause heat stroke during the heat of the summer season.[break][break]

His Unovan Samurott comes to his side and her friend spoke that she could ride on Fumiko since he describes the immense heat which the ground would be able to cook an egg at its temperature. The ambassador gets on Fumiko since she doesn’t want to get herself cooked at a high temperature while switching out her Croconaw for Jellybean the Slowpoke which was the reason why Josh said switching out was important.[break][break]

Jellybean uses Water Pulse to help a Remoraid get back in the ocean while Atalante the Pyroar gently picks up a Magikarp in her mouth and goes to the deep part of the waters to drop the fish into the ocean where she watches it swim off.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2023 15:32:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The ice-type's teal skin felt even more refreshing than Kairi's HYDRATION-fueled body, though Josh was aware that Inky could handle the extreme heat for less time than the Vaporeon could. They would have to work fast, as there were still many Pokémon to be saved. It didn't take more than a few minutes of wandering the beach, his other Pokémon lifting the still-conscious water-types back into the sea while he captured the ones that were unconscious. His bag was really starting to fill up. "We might need to go to multiple Pokémon Centers in Petalburg," Josh suggested. "I can't imagine how many of these poor Pokémon are dying in areas that Rangers can't get to."

Fumiko, too was helping with WATER SPORT and SOAK where she could, teaming up with Elise and Jellybean to get as many water Pokémon sliding down the hot sands as possible and toward freedom. Some of them had concerning but not severe burns, though in large part those would heal over time. Mist was starting to evaporate from Inky's skin, Josh feeling the Glaceon's heartbeat rise. "We should think about turning back ourselves soon," the Mauville Leader turned toward Elise, meltwater dripping down Inky's skin. "Even for us, it's dangerous out here."

{WC: 212}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,347 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2023 21:49:36 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Her Slowpoke blinks at Fumiko helping to cool off the wild Pokemon suffering from the heat though the water type keeps using Water Pulse on another Finneon and a Magikarp before he helps to push both of the fish into the ocean water. “I agree that we should get to multiple Pokemon Centers in Petalburg. Those poor Pokemon dying in areas that Rangers can’t get to is really worrisome.” The female royal replied back to the gym leader with a worried look. Those Pokemon would have to get treated when the doctors can get those in critical condition under control.[break][break]

Feeling the heat of the sun beat down on her neck and forehead, the Mauville gym leader says that they should think about turning back themselves as the heat wouldn’t be good for them to stay long. “That would be a good idea, Josh. I’m a little accustomed to the cold than the heat myself.” Her reply came with a little nod towards her friend while she returns Jellybean to switch out for her Alolan Vulpix to help cool off the Pokemon that her Slowpoke was helping with Icy Wind.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,113 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2023 8:06:04 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"That's not even why," Josh added. "They're probably already full of victims just like these Pokémon. It's the volume of victims that's concerning. How about you take half of them to the east Center and I take half of them to the west one?" he suggested, noticing even Inky's shortness of breath from the melt on his body. If they dawdled too long, they would have yet another victim.

"You're not the only one that prefers cold over heat," he related to Elise's preferences as the two headed toward Petalburg, regardless of plan to turn the Pokémon in to nearby Centers. "With the cold, you can always put more layers on. In the heat, there are only so many layers you can take off." The ICY WIND was welcome, calming Inky both physically and mentally as Josh kept the ice-type away from the blistering hot asphalt and concrete as much as possible.

{WC: 154}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,347 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2023 21:03:02 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Nodding to her boss when he says for her to take half of the Pokemon to the east Pokemon Center and he’ll take half to the west, the royal replies back with lifting the dehydrated wild Pokemon one by one. “Yes, I’ll take my half to the east Pokemon Center for treatment. I’m also sure that we’ll try to stop more from becoming victims if we can move fast enough.” Elise didn’t want to put those Pokemon on the back of her Pyroar since Atalante being a Fire type would cause them to become hurt from the heat.[break][break]

As they headed back to Petalburg, Josh tells her that Elise wasn’t the only one who preferred the cold than the heat since the winter was really soothing to be in. She helps to turn in her half of the wild Pokemon to the east Pokemon Center while her other Pokemon cooled her off from the heat. Maybe next month wouldn’t be as hot, so she didn’t have to deal with the blistering heat.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

a toddler

little toot toot
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
wing attack
mod
googoo gaga
spiral is my big poppa pump (positive)
600 foot tall baby height
600 foot tall baby height
sleeping in mod reqs
awards
2,363 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mod
spiral and shiv's baby
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2023 2:44:11 GMT
spiral and shiv's baby Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: