Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,312 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Orange Leaves [Josh/M][Johto]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2023 14:59:10 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

She had the opportunity to have Josh come with her on a vacation to Johto though her father, Prince Richard Calcifet, was already in Hammerlocke on a long meeting with Queen Edelynn II, his older sister and the female royal’s aunt. Her mother should still be in Ecruteak City, taking care of her younger sister in their home. Nevertheless, their first stop would be Goldenrod City which was Josh’s hometown and the site of how Rocket had used its radio tower to start the failed take over of the region.[break][break]

The royal ambassador had gotten her baggage from the airport’s baggage claim room after their airplane lands near Goldenrod’s airport. “I hope you were able to get someone else to be the head of your security team after…what happened with Nathan.” She spoke to the Mauville gym leader with a look of concern "And Sir Osmond has expressed his concern that he wouldn’t be there to protect me, but I told him I would be going on vacation with you. He is a personal guard sent by my father though Sir Osmond is from the Galarian Royal Guard that Father had picked him to have him protect me after the attack on the Mauville gym. Plus...I know Sir Osmond well since we were children.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- Mission: Vacation Time

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,015 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Sept 18, 2023 5:29:41 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh's baggage was taking a bit of extra time, leaving them waiting at the baggage claim a little longer than they would have liked. "Not yet," Josh frowned, thinking about his meeting with Nathan's soul at the Border. "It's hard to find someone to work such a high profile position in a region as war-torn as Hoenn. I just hope... no more people have to throw themselves in front of me." Josh offered to give Elise a hug. "I'm just glad you're safe is all. That could have been you, but it wasn't." For the danger that put the royal in, Josh wanted the Mad Dog behind bars. Maybe even dead.

At last, Josh's baggage had left the plane and onto the conveyor. Retrieving it, he headed toward the bus station on the lower level. "The first thing I want to do is see my family. Did I tell you that the last time Rocket tried to invade Johto, they captured my mom and dad? I fought Rocket tooth and nail to get them back." It was a harrowing story that made Josh a good fit for a Gym Leader: he had a personal motivation to mete punishment for those loyal to Rocket.

Once the two had left the bus station, Josh sent out his Manectric, Zebstrika, and Luxray, loading the first two with his luggage before taking a seat on the black and yellow cat. "It's a bit of a ride to get to my old apartment, but it's not clear across town. You bring a Pokémon to ride?" Josh asked.

{WC: 264}
{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Saber           Manectric         Good
Blitz           Luxray**          Good
Raiden          Zabstrika         Good
Raikiri         Zeraora           Good
Fire Eyes       Salazzle          Good
Resheph         Dragonair         Good

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,312 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 18:47:54 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Unlike the many Royal Guards that were protecting the Queen of Galar and her family, the Mauville gym leader says that it was hard to find someone else to act as his security in a war-torn region like Hoenn. “Being taken hostage frightened me, but…I’m now prepared to fend for myself now.” A nod came from the female royal when she almost lost her life because of Dorian wanting to avenge a little girl where she found out that girl was Eris.[break][break]

When Josh talks about his mom and dad being captured by Team Rocket in the failed Johto invasion, she remembered the attack on Ecruteak City too. “I don’t think you didn’t and I’m glad you got your parents back. I was born and raised in my mother’s hometown of Ecruteak City, so when it was attacked in the failed invasion, my grandparents prevented the Rockets from cutting off our escape to Galar. Once their injuries were treated, my family and I fled to Hammerlocke and…we heard later that our family friends died in the attack.” The entire attack created a traumatic memory that made her feel terrible for the two legendary beasts giving their lives to protect Johto. Before it happened a week prior, she enjoyed a Rage Candy Bar with her childhood friend’s grandmother.[break][break]

Sending out her shiny Umbreon as the gym leader asks if she had a Pokemon to ride on for the trip to his apartment from the bus station, Elise gives him a nod. “I do have a ride. I didn't bring my Absol here, so my shiny Umbreon will have to do.” Mounting on the shiny Umbreon after she loads her luggage for him to carry, the blue ringed dark type waits for the group of electric types to go before he’ll trot behind.

[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,015 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 26, 2023 5:48:40 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Of course being held hostage was frightening, Captain Obvious. While there were many in Hoenn that were qualified, funding was the bigger issue; finding a team competent enough to fill the job while not going significantly overbudget proved to be a major hurdle. "And you have me in part to thank for that," Josh tooted his own horn. "You've come a long way since I first met you at Pyre."

So the royal was originally from Ecruteak? No wonder she was so invested in Mauville Gym. Could it have been Josh's fixation with Raikou? "I am so sorry for your loss. It seems both of us suffered greatly at the hands of Team Rocket. As much as I'd love to carpet-bomb them into oblivion, I just... can't. There are people there not by choice. Look at how many people the League's gotten out from under Rocket of late. It's amazing that people are getting the message and waking up."

Josh whistled at the giant's presence, its blue rings brightly glowing and visible even in natural light. "Your Umbreon's impressive. Next time I get the chance, I should see if I can get Kamuy transferred here." Nodding, Josh led the way to his family's apartment, the fast electric-types a little disappointed Goldenrod's speed limit was so low. The ride to the residence was relaxing and uneventful.

A knock on the door was answered by a warm welcome from a retired couple that appeared to be in their late sixties. "Dad!" Josh slid off his Manectric to give his father a big hug. "Wow, you've lost a lot of weight!" The two made small talk about goings-on, including the man's recovery from a terrible virus, before the Gym Leader waved Elise inside to take a seat in the family room. The PFL's opening week was on television, and Goldenrod appeared to be losing badly.

{WC: 312}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,312 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2023 15:01:50 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

She did come a long way from their first meeting in Mt. Pyre and had gotten a large family of Pokemon to care for through her travels in Hoenn. “I have you to thank for giving me a little bit of confidence to work as your gym trainer.” A nod comes to her boss when she rides on her shiny Umbreon across the streets of the city. Remembering that she used to come to the department store as a child, the worry of not being a good battler in the midst of coming out with losses from the big battle of Dewford makes her take it to improve on her own skill.[break][break]

Hearing him whistle at how big her shiny Umbreon was and talking about her Pokemon’s impressive size, she gives him a nod to the gym leader thinking that he should have Kamuy transferred here. “I was safe at Hammerlocke at least. The news from Johto when I had seen it on television looked like it was a terrible situation for those who weren’t getting out.” When the apartment comes into view thorugh their ride there, the ambassador dismounts from her shiny Umbreon and carries her luggage with Josh inviting her inside the apartment to see his parents, elderly and welcoming, when the gym leaders give both of them hugs.[break][break]

A game plays on the television where Goldenrod appeared to be losing its match as the gym leader waves for the female royal to take a seat in the family room. She took her seat inside the family room while she thought of Josh talking about the top champion, Kyle Lopez, with her last time. “I was thinking…about Kyle Lopez being the Top Champion of Hoenn and how he defends the people and puts them before himself…” The royal ambassador starts before her voice becomes solemn. “As a princess who is a candidate to become Galar’s next queen, I want to be someone who my people can look up to, but…I’m not a good leader if Prime Minister Calcifet has said that I abandoned Galar and its people when they needed me most.”

[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,015 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2023 6:53:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Not only a Gym Trainer, but a Gym Leader in your own right," Josh added. "Elise, you should be proud of yourself." At the mention of her son mentoring a new Gym Leader, his mother walked over to give her son a big hug.

"I'm so proud of you. You've made so many of your dreams come true." All but one, and it was one he had no control over whether it would be fulfilled. As long as he was on good terms with the Top Champion, though, a ride on the Johto Beast's back was just a phone call or text away, provided it was done with reasonable frequency. Kyle was quite a busy man, after all!

Josh took a seat next to Elise, his father pinching the bottom of his ear seconds later. "Can you knock that off, please?" The old man turned his head away from the Master of Faster, a big grin on his face. There was little more he enjoyed than pushing his son's buttons every time he came to visit.

While his recollection of the Galar Memory was foggy, Josh vaguely remembered the level of destruction Necrozma and Eternatus weaved upon Galar. If that was what happened abroad... he didn't want to think about how many people lost their lives. "You can't blame yourself for that. Yes, you had a duty to protect your region, but there was no way you could singlehandedly protect Galar from a disaster of that magnitude. While it's not exactly the same, I know where you're coming from. I want to blame myself for things that aren't my fault if it will make people around me happy--"

"And that's one of your problems, Josh," his dad turned back toward him. "Stop over reacting and focus on what you can do, not what you can't do. Take a step back and listen to what other people are trying to tell you. You'll find more people will be happy if you're just honest with them. Don't do what you think will make people happy. Do what's right. You can't make everyone happy, and you'll make more people unhappy if you try."

As the game went to a commercial break, Josh's mother arranged small folding tables in front of the sofa before briefly heading back to the kitchen. She returned with several plates of mini-ham sandwiches. "Figured I'd fix your favorite holiday meal for the occasion. Dig in. You too, Elise."

{WC: 409}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,312 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2023 13:17:37 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

In the middle of watching a game with Josh and his family, the Mauville gym leader tells her that she shouldn’t blame herself for a disaster that caused the lives of both people and Pokemon to die out, but he goes into some self-loathing. His dad lifts Josh’s spirits up that he shouldn’t also blame himself for what happened and do everything that the gym leader could do. That was one of those words of wisdom that she’d follow in a heartbeat. [break][break]

When Josh’s mother gives a meal of mini-ham sandwiches on plates during the commercial break, Elise thanks the older female Devlin and takes a sandwich from her own plate to eat.[break][break]

Her smartphone rings as she gives an apologetic look to Josh and his parents. “I’m sorry, let me take this call.” She gets up from her seat on the soft chair and takes her mother’s call. In doing so, her mother delivers a piece of terrible news that the royal ambassador never wanted to hear. [break][break]

“You have 3-4 months to live...?” Elise tries to fight back tears before she replies back to her mother’s own response. “I…I understand. I love you very much and I'll miss you when you are gone.”[break][break]

Hanging up the call, she gets back to her chair while the royal ambassador looks over to both Josh and his parents in concern. “I got the call from my mother that she has been diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer and she has been told that she has 3-4 months to live.”

[break][break]

NOTES

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,015 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2023 5:03:56 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"But don't the Scriptures say you should always put others before yourself?" Josh's self-loathing continued, trying to find excuses to express his own internal inadequacies with himself.

"That's not what the Scriptures mean," the Gym Leader's elder continued. "Yes, you should take care of those around you, but not at the expense of your own health. You have to take care of yourself, too. If you don't take care of yourself first, you won't be able to take care of those around you. Josh, forget what you were taught in school. All they did was brainwash you. Had I known how they would teach you, we would have had you go to Goldenrod East, just like we did."

While religious schools were protective, they did not have to abide by standards that public schools did. Perhaps the triggered self-loathing was unintentional. Perhaps it was by design, attempting to the next generation in a way that they could be usurped when they came of age. Abused for the good of the generation that raised them.

The conversation would be interrupted by some awful news from Elise. Josh gasped, then frantically chewed the rest of the mini-ham sandwich as she made the delivery. "Elise, I am so sorry. No one deserves to have to go through that. If you need me to support you, I'm here for you."

{WC: 226}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,312 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2024 0:07:28 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

Elise was still a little shaken by her mother’s illness. Her father and little sister had probably already known that there was nothing that the doctors could do about something that sounded really bleak for her mother’s health. “Thank you, Josh. I know she is stronger as a mother, so I am hoping my father and I can get her some hospice care.” She gives Josh a weaker smile and takes another bite of her sandwich. One of her Pokemon wriggles free out of the Dusk Ball when the shiny Applin senses the sadness coming from the ambassador and Rhea plops herself onto the dark magenta haired young woman’s lap.[break][break]

“I appreciate it, Rhea.” The ambassador spoke down to the small green Applin when she feels the small dragon-type Pokemon cuddle with her. To both of Josh’s parents, Elise bows her head in apology since she may have made the family gathering to watch the game a bit morose. “And I’m sorry, Mr. and Mrs. Devlin. I know it’s a hard time I’m going through, but I did not mean to dampen the mood for a good sports game to watch.”

TAGS [break]
NOTES – notes here.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".elise"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,015 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2024 6:33:05 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
That could have been Josh with his dad. It was a minor miracle that the eldest of the Devlins had recovered from that horrible virus. During an ad break, Jamie remarked on how cute Rhea was while Jim stood up to take his plate to the kitchen sink. "We're... used to it," Jamie replied with a somber nod. "When Josh was a teenager, three of my sisters died within a six-month period. He couldn't even go to all their funerals because of his school's limit on bereavement days."

"Stop, Mom," Josh protested. "That's not going to make Elise's feelings any better."

Not long after, Jim returned with a deck of standard playing cards and a small whiteboard while the others were still finishing their food. "How much of a card player are you, Elise?" Josh's father asked. "Up for a game of Hearts? It's family tradition every time there's a gathering. We can't play it with just the three of us, because you need four people to play."

"You can't trust him, Elise," Josh teased. "His dad was a card shark, you know."

{WC: 183}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,312 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2024 1:46:05 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

While the ambassador takes a little bit of the ham sandwich and gives it to the shiny Applin, Rhea takes it. Elise gives a little smile with how adorable the Applin was eating the bit of food that Mrs. Devlin made for their meal. “Oh, I am also sorry for your losses. I’m sure your sisters would be watching your son above the clouds.” As Josh had told his mom to stop since it didn’t help with how Elise felt, she understood grief from another person when she sees it.[break][break]

His dad comes back with a deck of cards and he asks the ambassador if she was a good card game player and played a game of Hearts before. “I played card games before, but not a game of Hearts.” She responds to Mr. Devlin though she doesn’t know much of that game. “Would you be willing to give me an explanation of the rules on Hearts?”

TAGS [break]
NOTES – notes here.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".elise u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elise .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,015 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Mar 7, 2024 2:04:32 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"If you played any trick-based game like Spades, Bridge, or Euchre, it's simple to understand," Josh started to explain before his dad cut him off.

"Hearts are worth one point each, the Queen of Spades is worth thirteen points, and you don't want points. Once someone gets to 100 points, the game ends and lowest score wins."

"The only exception to that rule is if you get them all, everyone else gets 26 points instead." It was rare for Josh to be able to pull such a feat off; he had multiple obvious tells for when he was trying.

After the first eight hands of the game, Mrs. Devlin breathed a deep sigh. "Josh, I've got something else I want to tell you. We... we're moving to Mauville Hills in December. There's a lovely retirement home there we're going to be closing on in a month or two, and we should finish the moving process before Christmas."

The Gym Leader's heart sank. "Do you know how dangerous Hoenn is? I've only been there for a year, and we've already had an apocalypse, two major domestic terror attacks... Why would you want to move there, when you can live peacefully in Johto? The Great One has kept you safe for the past six years since Team Rocket's occupation of Kanto." His voice slowly started to rise out of concern for the old-but-not-elderly couple's well-being. "That isn't the first apocalypse we've had to survive since the Kanto invasion, either. You don't want to. Trust me."

"But we do. Because we love you. We want to be with you. We're so proud of what you've done there. You said you've always dreamed of being a Pokémon racer. And now, look at you. You're known all around the world for having some of the fastest Pokémon in the world. I still remember when we got you Saber when you were ten years old. Josh, you should be proud of what you've done."

"Plus, going for a trail ride at your Gym sounds like fun--" Mr. Devlin added before his son rudely cut him off.

"You're sixty-two years old!" Josh raised his voice perhaps a little too far. He went on and on about health concerns, just like he once had with Elise when she first started working at the Mauville Leader's Gym. She had adapted to high speeds easily enough. But she was young. These two were getting up there in years. If they suffered a fall, it wouldn't be pretty...

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,312 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 1:12:55 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elise"]
[attr="class","body"]

Josh’s explanation of the card game was helpful and she hadn’t known that it was a game played by his family. Both of her father and mother were more rigid, traditional parents, but her aunt was even more so. She listened to both Josh and his dad telling her the rules of Hearts in which the objective to win was to get the lowest score than the other players. [break][break]

“Thank you for explaining. I think I get the picture now.” She remembered playing the usual card games that Remy liked to play with her and as the bombshell hit for both of his parents, Elise gets a little concerned for them. “Mr. and Mrs. Devlin, are you sure that you want to move to such a dangerous place?” [break][break]

Given that her mother was ill now, Elise did want to have them move in with her, so that she can spend all of her time with her own mother, her father, and her little sister.

TAGS [break]
NOTES – notes here.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,015 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2024 3:09:38 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As Josh dealt the cards for the next hand, he doubted the gravity of Elise's words were sinking into his family's heads. The words were delivering their intended message, warning of the dangers of Hoenn. Even so, the bond between father, mother, and son was too strong to keep them separated.

"We know that it's dangerous," Jamie continued. "But we couldn't bear to go on without you. If something were to happen... we want the Great One to deliver us to Heaven all at once. All of us or none of us."

"You're a fine young man," Jim added. "And we won't have to deal with the cold anymore. This sixty-two year old hip can't take the Johtonian cold. You keep racing as hard as you do, you might up with a hip like mine."

Josh picked up and quickly sorted his cards before passing three cards to his father - including a low Heart so he wouldn't try to take them all. "That's not funny."

{PC: 7}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights