Saffron City
Bi
administrative assistant
Officer
dead flowers
pressed against my lips
156 cm // 5'1" height
156 cm // 5'1" height
oceans of angels, oceans of stars, down by the sea is where you drown your scars
awards
992 posts
part of
TAG WITH @2baki
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki
PP2: ARIADOS
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 5:07:21 GMT
Hyakkaryōran Tsubaki Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","petalbasetsu4"]
[attr="class","star1tsu4"]
[attr="class","circleoutline1tsu4"]

[attr="class","starimgtsu4"]

[attr="class","star2tsu4"]"Is... it hot out, or is it just me?"[break][break]

She brushes her hair out of her face, wiping the sweat off her forehead. No matter. Unseasonably warm weather is all. Just power through it like always. No need to get so bent out of shape. People are gonna look at you weird if you start complaining. And... so what if they did, anyway?[break][break]

"Midori, you feel it too, don't'cha?"[break][break]

The floating teacup at the girl's side nods, putting her hands in the air happily, cheering silently. Tsubaki can't help but smile.[break][break]

"You're always hot. 80 C. Perfect temp for matcha. What... what am I talkin' about...?"[break][break]

She stumbles, coat caught on something. She struggles slightly, looking behind her at spider webs attached to her. Must've walked through it while she was distracted. [break][break]

"Hey, now! Look up. Look's like we've got company!"[break][break]

Drawn to the snag in her web, a giant spider looms overhead on a street sign. The teacup at her side sizzles with a ferocious sound, exploding with a shower of green tea as the arachnid bursts forth. [break][break]

Shrinking from the heat, she retreats, hissing. The remnants of a burnt toxic chain lay on the ground, scorched off by the impressive heat of the matcha. [break][break]

Baki crouches down, looking at it up close. There's a design she recognizes in the pink loops, something she glimpsed attached to nihilego months ago... a pattern that's strangely nostalgic, but she can't place it... [break][break]

"... Midori... glad you've got my back. Thing almost infected me this time."[break][break]

She wasn't gonna end up crazy like those people under the swamp... at least, that's what she keeps telling herself. [break][break]

+ Have your character ensnared by a spider web.[break]
+ Defend against Ariados.[break]
+ If your character has participated in at least 3 Poison Patrols, they might feel slightly unwell during this patrol.

[attr="class","star3tsu4"]
[attr="class","petalpoketsu4"]
[attr="class","rouxcredittsu4"]

[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d5bed2;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalbasetsu4]max-width: 450px; height: auto;border: 1px solid #1a1a1a; border-radius: 10px; overflow: hidden; background: #252525;
[/newclass]
[newclass=.star1tsu4]border-radius: 10px 10px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 220px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; justify-content: center; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4]width: 100px; height: 100px; position: relative; border-radius: 100%; object-fit: cover;[/newclass]
[newclass=.starimgtsu4 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4]width: 350px; padding: 20px; font-size: 13px; text-align: justify; color: #eee; margin: 20px 0px 20px 0px; border-radius: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4]text-align: center; margin: 0 auto; [/newclass]
[newclass=.petalpoketsu4 img]margin-top:0px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.circleoutline1tsu4]border-radius: 100%; width: 120px; height: 120px; background: var(--accent); opacity: 0.3; position: absolute; [/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 b]font-weight: bold; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star2tsu4 i]text-decoration:italic; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.star3tsu4] border-radius: 0px 0px 0px 0; max-width: 460px; height: 50px; background: url(https://i.imgur.com/ZtFj789.png), rgb(160, 132, 155, 0.65); background-blend-mode: luminosity; background-attachment: fixed; background-size: contain; display: flex; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rouxcredittsu4]align:right; color:#AB4646; font-size:10px; text-align:right; padding:10px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Flood

X
She/Her
March 6th
Nimbasa City
Asexual
Ultramodernist
Executive
5'7 height
5'7 height
Look to the future, see in it everything you've ever wanted. Now find the strength to grab it.
awards
514 posts
part of
TAG WITH @flood
Xenon Antheil
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 6:54:08 GMT
Xenon Antheil Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","xenon"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

"Log Echo 5698. It would be a wise investment for Rocket to put some more money into hazardous material suits as well as SCBAs for wider distribution among our member base. I believe I have been severely poisoned after a number of these excursions and my body is in a great deal of pain." Xenon pauses as she curls the fingers of her right hand, staring curiously at the very dead flesh on her fingertips and frowning. "Log Echo 5699. Universal antitoxins should also be a consideration for production. Rhodium, burn the chaff away."
[break][break]
The iron dragon roars as its triplet heads blow out three gouts of flame into the maze of webs clogging up the cycling road of Route 110, melting several bicycles caught up in the chaos. Those probably belonged to someone, but also Xenon did not particularly care as she tried to get feeling back into her fingertips by smacking her hand against her hip a few times. What mattered very much to her in this moment was killing as many Ariados as she could lay eyes on in as little time as possible so she could get to a Rocket base and do some antivenom research on the samples in her blood.
[break][break]
Is it an antivenom or an antipoison? She hadn't been bit by anything. Well, something to think about later.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.xenon]--accent:#a0a4a9;[/newclass]
[newclass=.xenon]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".xenon .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
✧ do i know what's real? ✧
awards
607 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2024 19:55:18 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","desimuah"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

The thought of Ariados quivering, sulking upon bodies confined in toxic silk brought her stomach to churn. Yet, thoughts were delicately spun within webs to be brought into reality— why was it that the world had to be so terrible, caught within the hands of Arachne’s web with no choice but to bear witness to the toxins and chains from the pits? Was it a curse, or simply vengeance channeled through things that were much too unstable to begin with?[break][break]

It was of the nightmares of the world, seeing the shaped husks of webbing release their cries within the overbearing fragrance of pecha. Desiree felt unwell as she watched The True Dragoness, her beloved Salamence that believed itself to be a Flapple fly overhead looking for more to free. With all the precautions that she had taken from afar and within the shadows, she felt there was no way the squelching bubbles could have taken root in her, too. Perhaps it was the hope that led her to believe her delusions, or perhaps a complex that nothing of the sort could happen to her again.[break][break]

“So awful, so cruel,” she spoke to herself, her stomach giving into such nausea, “.. free them, my big apple. For they need to feel love rather than the evil chains. They spin, they hurt them— they can’t hurt anymore, they shouldn’t. Lick the flames, free them..”[break][break]

She stumbled as the wings of the dragon turned downward, sending puffs of wind spiraling through the trees. A FLAMETHROWER poured out of its maw, dancing against the crackling strands. It had been pushed out with an intent to cut rather than engulf, despite how appealing the thought was in its ancient mind. [break][break]

Hopefully, her mind wouldn’t become engulfed like the webs after their victims had been pronounced freed.[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

NOTES

have a pokemon know & use the move, FLAMETHROWER.[break]
if your character has participated in AT LEAST 3 POISON PATROLS, they may feel slightly unwell during this patrol.[break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
[newclass=.desimuah]--accent:#fc799f;[/newclass]
[newclass=.desimuah]font:12px Roboto;letter-spacing:.25px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desimuah b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desimuah a"]color:var(--accent);font:12px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desimuah i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desimuah u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desimuah h1"]font:800 18px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".desimuah h2"]font:800 16px Montserrat;color:var(--accent);letter-spacing:.5px[/newclass]
[newclass=".desimuah .text b"]font:bold 12px Montserrat;letter-spacing:.1px;line-height:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desimuah .ooc b"]font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desimuah .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tsukistar

They/Them
May 14th
Ecruteak City
Pansexual
Phantom Thief
Grunt
5'11" / 180.3cm height
5'11" / 180.3cm height
Fox tails hidden under wedding dresses
awards
575 posts
part of
TAG WITH @makotokurumi
Makoto Kurumi
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 4:10:07 GMT
Makoto Kurumi Avatar
Nebula was here, and ready to make the most of these strange occurrences, it seemed.

From above, a disguised Makoto sat atop Haguru alongside Onji - the duo using the floating Klinklang as a vantage point. They could already spot the others - , , and - all hard at work trying to contain this outbreak... Though, their own position would be one of support - their bird's eye view helping prevent any potential ambushes. "Let's give another Heal Bell."

Onji, using his psychic abilities, would convey the command down to Tsukiko - who was going all-out down below. Frost covered the webs that she danced about, the occasional Ariados frozen under her Blizzards. But as soon as the order was given, she turned her attentions to her allies instead. And with a echoing chime, her Heal Bell would stave off any poisons that may have afflicted her allies!

... Although, that being said... Makoto certainly wished that the Heal Bell would do something about the nausea that kept roiling in their gut...
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,667 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 4:36:08 GMT
mint frost Avatar
Mint ran through, his Flareon sticking close as she launched herself at different spiders with FIRE FANG, sending the spiders swinging. He felt a little guilty, his own Spinarak tucked safely at home. "Arrabiata, burn them all to a crisp we gotta- whoa!" Mint nearly goes limp, catching himself on a wall before he fell over.

Hiss Rotom took a glance at him before purposefully moving to take footage of the spiders ass they livestreamed. Hiss Flareon moved back, barking in worry. Mint closed his eyes before shaking hiss head. The wave of unsteadiness fading quickly but there was a strange throbbing in his head. "Ugh...it's fine- I think- hhahha!" he said getting up and fanning himself. "Focus on keeping those Ariados away form me! I'll handle letting out the people trapped!" he ordered as he ran over to help.

😈 if your character has participated in AT LEAST 3 POISON PATROLS, they may feel slightly unwell during this patrol.
close tab

played by

Nimbus

he/him/his
thirty-two
January 25th
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Doctor
Grunt
6'1 height
6'1 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
57 posts
part of
TAG WITH @nimbus
Laurence Whateley
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 4:44:56 GMT
Laurence Whateley Avatar
If there was something he hated, it was rumors. Whispers and gossip tended to muddy any clarity, any origin of what the start of the problem was, and when it came to Rocket, not only did it sweep over them like the plague, but it stayed, rotting the thoughts of any good workers...doctors mainly.

It started with a family of four...The father had been assaulted by one of the Ariados who happened to be nesting nearby, catching him surprised whenever one of its strong stinger-like legs got him from behind. That is natural, Pokémon naturally attacked, they were Pokémon. What else could they do? Laurence was quick to dismiss stories like this, they'd been overhyped and fantasized over the most natural of things...But what had kept him listening was the effects after being diagnosed as entirely fine. Supposedly, he'd gone entirely ghost-faced, his features had slowly lost their touch, and his eyes had gone a startling purple, his hair turning a stark white. Now that was odd. And to make the story much more elusive, he'd changed in terms of personality, once a supposed calm fisherman turned violent, uncontrollable, and all under the span of mere days...Doctors had coined it as trauma, but civilians had dubbed it much darker. Yet, there was no definitive answer for it.

At least, that was where Laurence had been in terms of his thoughts on it.

So, then why exactly had he gone to the scene himself? Laurence overlooked the road, its various white hollow cocoons standing half as tall as he tried to find what could have been at least something that could have helped in giving him a sort of proof of this whole thing. But, no matter how many times he’d have his Crobat carefully aim an Air Slash at one of the cocoons that littered the roads, he’d find that there was no one occupied it unless it was the unlucky newborn Spinarak that would see its first and last light of day, no others who happened to have suffered a similar fate to the man from the rumor.

“Nothing can be too easy I guess…”

He’d remind himself if it were then he’d easily have a lead on things, and that would have meant that this could have been entirely solved, but clearly, Rocket had little intel on it…And so in a way, it’d fall to him to go and find a way to get into the research of it all, even if he had little hope he’d get too far into it.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,346 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Mar 19, 2024 7:48:23 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","beck theobeck"]
[attr="class","inner"]
[attr="class","body"]

the grotesque TOXIC CHAINS are paid special attention to. he wonders how they work exactly and how best they can deal with them, but his wondering does not venture far before ARIADOS come their way.[break][break]

kept safe under the cover of gyarados' FLAMETHROWER, he watches flames pour over them, sweat dripping down his face.[break][break]

have a pokemon know & use the move, FLAMETHROWER.

[attr="class","milkycredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".theobeck"] --accent:#716075!important [/newclass]
[newclass=".beck"] --accent: #716075 } .beck b { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .beck a { color: var(--accent); font: bold 12px/12px 'Poppins'; } .beck { width: 400px; margin: 0px auto; position:relative; } .beck .inner { background-color: #272727; border-radius:4px 4px 0px 0px; font-family: roboto; color: #eee; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: .5px; text-align: justify; padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px; background: #272727; } .beck .body { border-radius: 5px; padding: 40px; border: 1px solid var(--accent); background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .beck .bottom { background: var(--accent); min-height:25px; width:400px; margin:0px auto; text-align:center; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; } .beck .bottom img { margin-top:-10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".beck .milkycredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right: 12px; bottom: 88px; border-radius:100px; color:#ddd; opacity:0.6; } .beck .milkycredit a { transition:0.5s all } .beck .milkycredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights