TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
dream data: devlin
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 3:50:59 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
some time ago, she’d stalked the night with hypno in search of particularly valuable dreams. one such dream had belonged to gym leader – though his zeraora had made it rather difficult to get away with.[break][break]

now that the machine was complete, it was time to dive in and see just how much the dream had truly been worth.[break][break]

a porygon prepared their journey, pulling dream data from a small but growing collection. lulu stared with tired eyes at a small hologram over a glowing keypad.[break][break]

”you’re familiar with josh devlin?”[break][break]

on the other side of the doorway, penrose levitated, thoroughly disappointed about being left outside. where was the giant robot?[break][break]

[attr="class","ooc"] [break]

[attr="class","milkcredit"] [attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:10px; line-height:17px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,841 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 7:37:27 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
The giant robot was at Howard's belt, masquerading as a bigger threat than it truly was. When the time was right, it would be used.

"Josh Devlin?" He raised an eyebrow at her. The question was redundant, given that Josh was one of the League's premiere trainers and a current Gym Leader. Even more so, given his tackling of the Pokémon League. Howard hadn't seen the Master of Faster in a hot minute but their journeys were great quests.

They had plumbed the depths of ruins, rescued civilians from doom, fought Dynamaxed Pokémon together, witnessed death together. They had chatted about baseball, racing, and what team would win the upcoming game. Heck, the Gym Leader had helped teach him to ride.

That Gytm Leader had also thoroughly thrashed his team at the Island Cave. The admin had never been so humiliated. That was the island that held Regice. If he had just had it then, he could've...

No use crying over it.

"Yeah, a bit. I heard you finished your newest pet project." Howard's eyebrow furrowed. "Tell me it's easier to operate than the RKS Simulation. I never got the hang of that one."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,410 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 23:02:32 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
"mhm. we'll be in his dream today."[break][break]

as she finished loading it up, she shrugged, ”i don’t know exactly how the rks system works, either, to be honest. seems to do what it wants to, or maybe what someone else wants it to, that we don't know about.” the drk triad, she suspected. she’d tried to find some rhyme or reason as to why simulations activated over others, or how to queue them up again at will, but to no avail.[break][break]

”the dream machine uses some of the same technology, with a few other ingredients.” which only made things more confusing really, but the important part was that it worked, right? her eyes drifted to the tera crystals slotted in the machine’s steel body. ”the tera crystals are powerful. i really do wish we knew more about them.”[break][break]

one more keystroke, and the lights in the room dimmed. the gurneys were kept off to the side of the room. the interdream zone mist meant they could stand, remaining awake through the whole experience – a phenomenon she found unsettling.[break][break]

”ready?”[break][break]

at his go-ahead, mist would begin to pour into the room.[break][break]

[newclass=".lulu"]--accent:#7C6678; position:relative; z-index:1; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:10px; line-height:17px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; letter-spacing:0.2px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote img"] margin:1px 15px 2px 1px; border-radius:10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu blockquote b, .lulu blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) } .lulu blockquote b { font-size:14px!important } .lulu blockquote u { font-style:italic; color:var(--accent); text-decoration:underline dotted; border-bottom:none; letter-spacing:1px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".lulu .milkcredit"]font-size:15px; position:absolute; z-index:99; right:95px; bottom:5px; border-radius:100px; color:var(--accent); opacity:0.6; } .lulu .milkcredit a { transition:0.5s all } .lulu .milkcredit a:hover { transition:0.5s all; color:var(--accent)!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
The future will tempt you, the present will indulge you, but the past will shackle you.
awards
1,841 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 7, 2024 8:04:51 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Tera Crystals were involved? Wonderful.

Truthfully, he didn't really understand why Lulu put so much stock in their glimmering facets. Tera Crystals were dangerous, reliable, and prone to manifesting things that loved to murder them both. He hadn't forgotten about the Scream Tail that he and Lulu had prodded, way back when.

"You make it sound like this machine is the recipe from a cookbook." Ingredients were used to make tasty cakes that Howard stole from the break room. Ingredients were used to brew the coffee that Lulu inhaled by the metric ton. Ingredients were used whenever was working in the mess hall.

Whatever. Hopefully this thing didn't kill them. Howard sighed and flung up a hand. "Turn it on, I guess."

Hopefully the dream version of didn't manifest insane magic powers. If he did, Howard was going down into Area Zero and smashing every Tera Crystal into dust. As mist filed the room, Howard immediately turned antsy as he gave Lulu a worried glance.

"Is this Interdream Mist? How'd you manage that? Do you bottle it up in a jar?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,410 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON May 9, 2024 2:31:35 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
she patted the metal side the of the machine. ”it’s been cooking for a while.” and she had pride for finishing it, and that it worked, despite her inner conflictions on the whole matter.[break][break]

it was the same pride she’d had assembling gadgets as a child, that she’d presented to as a distraction from homework. with their strained relationship, she’d yet to share her latest invention with her brother – but perhaps soon.[break][break]

turn it on, he ‘guessed.’ she gave him a look, as though to say, well no one’s forcing you, but she held her tongue.[break][break]

feeling a brief wave of mad scientific power at her success, she jabbed the final key, and mist began to fill the room.[break][break]

”gas-tight canister – but whatever’s handy, really. you can bottle all types of dream mist. i'm surprised it hasn’t been weaponized yet – at least to my knowledge.”[break][break]

as the room sparkled thick with pink mist, penrose’s relentless knocking on the other side of the door faded. the mist began to fade too, at least to their eyes, into the colors of shared dream.[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,111 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 9, 2024 3:06:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Orange and white flames billowed from the Great One's mouth, spreading as soon as they reached the ceiling of 's private battle chamber. They rained upon Bladestorm the Skarmory's DYNERGY BARRIER, the very air from within it burning white. As the SACRED FIRE shattered the barrier, Josh's Pokémon did not faint; it disappeared from sight completely. "You too, Bladestorm?!" Josh cried, Ho-oh having similarly erased his Absol from existence earlier in the battle.

He clutched the Raikou stuffie in his hands tightly, a RAINBOW FEATHER's quill pinched between its white mane and gray crown.

"Are you ready for your judgment?" boomed the Great One's voice.

"I--I am," Josh stuttered, doing his best to remain brave in the face of one of the most powerful gods in the Pokémon pantheon.

{PC: 1}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Saber           Manectric         Critical
Aslan           Pyroar**          KO
Bladestorm      Skarmory          KO
Nitro           Gogoat**          KO
Twilight        Absol             KO
Resheph         Dragonair         KO
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,841 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 14, 2024 7:59:40 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
Dream mist would be weaponized one day. It was an inevitability for humanity to eventually plumb the depths of their knowledge in an attempt to turn everything ever studied into an engine of war. That was the burden of man, to watch as everything became a tool for which to instill misery in others.

It was a tale as old as time, and it was a tale that Howard had read many, many times. Nobody knew that fact as well as he did.

"This feels really weird, Lulu..." Howard's voice rang out from the mist. "Shit."

Howard's eye opened to the pinnacle of Victory Road and the sight of a man waging a war against a god. Its utterances shook Howard's bones. This was no manmade construct like the Regice he possessed. This was a deity of the land and world.

A god.

"Can he see us, Lulu?" Howard's voice was a low whisper as his senses adjusted. "Lulu?"

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,410 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 1:43:50 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lulu"]
[attr="class","top"]
surely it was only a god that could wipe life from existence at will, into less than dust, gone as though it were never there at all.[break][break]

judgment.[break][break]

”not sure. maybe,” she replied to howard, at ease despite the harrowing display of power before them. ”but he does seem preoccupied at the moment.”[break][break]

she watched closely, noticing something particularly beautiful in josh’s possession.[break][break]

”he has its feather.”[break][break]

it was known that legendary pokemon occasionally bestowed a sacred object to those they had their eye on. perhaps the league had hidden ho-oh’s second avatar from them.[break][break]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,111 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 3:54:45 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The LIFE DEW that followed the SACRED FIRE refreshed the badly-hurt Manectric not physically, but mentally and emotionally. Seeing the electric, fire, and water attacks come from the Great One gave new meaning to the legend of the Burned Tower as he understood it. The THUNDER was the spark that stoked rebirth symbolized by SACRED FIRE, the LIFE DEW to follow washing the newly-born body clean of remaining impurities.

With Saber and Ho-oh both invigorated, it was time for Josh to put all his chips in the middle. If he couldn't overcome Ho-oh even with this last stand, it was clear he was not worthy to be called a Champion.

"O Great One, pass judgment upon thy loyal servant," he said to the god with confidence.

Josh raised his Z-GLOVE, its Z-ENERGY and the riding-style pose from its bearer prompted the glow of Saber's QUICKINIUM-Z. Unlike almost every other time where Josh called his Z-Move out, he did not perform such a callout.

A wreath of lightning enveloped the great blue-and-yellow wolf as he broke the sound barrier in a crash with Ho-oh. Lightning, thunder, and physical force zoomed toward the patron deity of Johto too fast to follow. It was poetic that the move he planned to use as a trump card in chasing Raikou down was his last stand against their very creator.

The Z-MOVE: HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE.

{PC: 2}

NAME            SPECIES           STATUS
Saber           Manectric         Critical
Aslan           Pyroar**          KO
Bladestorm      Skarmory          KO
Nitro           Gogoat**          KO
Twilight        Absol             KO
Resheph         Dragonair         KO
close tab

played by

Magnetic

Admin Fox
He/Him
May 9th
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Rocket Admin
awards
1,841 posts
part of
TAG WITH @magnetic
howard slayte
POSTED ON May 16, 2024 5:49:23 GMT
howard slayte Avatar
An archaeologist and collector of curiosities, it didn't take Howard long to recognize the feather in Josh's possession.

"He does. What a gorgeous specimen. I wonder if he'd let me buy it off him." Such gifts were priceless to humanity. They were not meant to be owned or held by mortal hands. They burned fragile fingers and splintered them into scraps of bone. "Hell, he'd probably trade it for something Raikou-adjacent."

As time passed, the admin's opinion of Mauville's Gym Leader had soured. He had done little to stop Howard from plundering the New Mauville Power Spot of precious ore, and his defeat at Josh's hands at the Island Cave wormed into his heart. Why had Howard been so weak back then, and Josh so strong?

If he had Regice back then...

"So loyal that he left his home region behind, when it needed him most." A smoke would have been nice, but he didn't have a box on him. As he watched, his voice softened. "But he always had heart. Nobody can doubt that."

Josh's Z-Move shot across the battlefield like a lightning bolt, causing Howard to jump behind Lulu as a barrier.

"Holy..." He peeked out from behind the scientist. "Good shot!"

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights