awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
owli's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 0:39:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

Peeping back in here for a follow up; might want to explore some minor 'treasure hunting' and chasing after Kyogre later. Seeing as Skyler is one of the most reputable sailors from a League POV that might be a fun way for them to interact. It wouldn't be anything major and would mostly be SoL stuff while they're 'hunting' but could be a moment for them to bond and form a more formal relationship.

Might be nice to play off their dynamic since Fernando is mostly a methodological who doesn't believe in 'gut feelings' or superstitions without further proof. I feel like sailing would be the one exception where he could be proved wrong, making him want to learn about it from an expert but not understanding any of it at the end of the day.

Also I need to find him more people to drink with so there's that.

I might be shifting Fernando in a more researcher / compiling researcher characters soon so maybe we can hit something off with Alecto? I don't have anything super concrete now but I have a few prompts which may or may not be fun? Sometimes they end up really boring for the people I'm threading w/ and if that's the case just lmk!

1. Fernando is on and off looking for books about Legendary Pokemon. He comes to Hoothoot's Reading Nook and requests something more 'grounded', aka implying their selection is all fake shit or not good enough to be considered real research material.

2. Alecto's research isn't necessarily rejected by the Science Department of the League but she's no longer receiving grants or money for further research. Most of this comes from the Council's budget which Fernando handles. The reason why would be a brief review of her research that's just covered in [citation needed] or requiring actual proof, etc. Depending on what she's reporting, whether she be coincidentally correct, he may seek her out as well. He's recently been to the distortion world (I think) in the Adventor event and was told ended up being sucked in during Mauville.
close tab

played by

tofu

pokken rider, hendie
he, him, his
september 16th
freezington
xo xo
vigilante
lieutenant
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
196 posts
part of
TAG WITH @hendrix
hendrix emmerson
owli's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 7:12:37 GMT
hendrix emmerson Avatar
&
hey, i just wanted to bring back up a potential plot between hendrix & alecto like we previously talked about before.

hendrix being a bit of an extrovert will probably bug alecto constantly to learn about the occult since rocket's pretty interested in it.
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
owli's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 10:41:40 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

I see you're looking for a Rival. How about a treasure hunter who's covered in dust and excitement?
Zac's been exploring ruins in the desert, but has recently heard of some sunken ruins near Pacifidlog Town that need exploring. News like that tends to spread fast, and with treasure and glory on the line I could see us coming into conflict in a race to the ruins.

Besides, Odium is eager for a rematch.
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
owli's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 14:30:39 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
@sophiaharford &

Dark academia aesthetic is so good - and Sophia is such a mood; I love her and want Skyler to meet her asap
I think no one has ever actually talked to Skyler about her superstitions, so it'll be a pretty good opportunity to explore that, all the while giving Sophia good data for her research (though I don't see them frequenting the same places; maybe they meet up at a bar?). I'm really curious to see how these two vibe.

Feel free to hmu on discord owli#8145 !!

&

I'm up for another meeting between these two! Skyler has also changed due to the war, though the change is subtle. She's just a bit rougher around the edges. She probably saw Mcflurry in the Lilycove Warfront, so she'll ask after Mac's well-being if they ever cross paths. Hopefully she won't have to fish Mcflurry out of the ocean again.

&

SoL is my bread and butter.

I've wanted these two to meet again for some time. Ever since the war I have a feeling that Skyler has earned (much to her displeasure) some renown as a sailor/ship captain. She frequently uses her newly acquired ship when she's contracted either by the League or by scientific organizations to go on underwater expeditions (and it would be kind of funny to see Fernando react to the Sotally Tober's name). Of course, for anything other than an expedition her speedboat would do.

Searching for Kyogre / looking for Megalopolan technology would be interesting prompts.

I like it that they're so different - Skyler sees little value in official, League-sanctioned pokémon battles, for example. She's impulsive, more instinctive than methodological, reckless to a point. And yet. She's also a workaholic, takes her job very seriously despite her usually light-hearted disposition, and is utterly confident in her abilities when it comes to her skill set (mostly sailing/diving/treasure hunting). So they do have something in common. Well, that and Skyler's always up for a drink at the end of the day. Or two. Or - many more.

I hope Fernando likes tequila.

If you want to talk plots feel free to hmu on discord!

&

Unfortunately my muse for Alecto has been rather low, so any plots discussed here might take a while to happen. Nevertheless, Alecto would feel kind of leery about any person in a place of authority. I can foresee a bad start between these two; Alecto can be a judgemental asshole at times and will definitely shove Fernando into the 'close-minded idiots' box.  If they spend some more time together, and especially if Fernando starts inquiring about interesting subjects, her opinion might turn around, somewhat begrudgingly. She's the kind of person who enjoys a good discussion about any of her subjects of interest - even if she dislikes the person she's discussing them with. I honestly have no idea how their relationship would go from there. After all, you don't have to like a person to enjoy working or discussing lore/theories with them. 

1. I really like the first prompt and it would be a great opportunity to have them meet each other. Making fun of her small bookshop? Dear sir, you're about to get on her bad side. 

2. Alecto's research isn't taken very seriously, usually because it's a bit out there. The actual research behind it is well-fundamented, but the subjects tend to alienate most self-respecting scientists. She's used to it by now, and mostly self-publishes her findings or keeps them to herself for... reasons. 

&

AJHGFVAFHHBDB I'M SORRY THIS SLIPPED MY MIND! I definitely want these two to meet; it would be good for Alecto to meet people very different from herself, especially if it gets her to actually interact with other human beings (even if she's so annoyed she could chuck a book at Hendrix). Unfortunately my muse for Alecto has been low, so it might take some time for this plot to happen. HOWEVER

feel free to hmu if you wanna talk plots. I'm sorry for being a distracted pea. T^T 
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
owli's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 19:43:12 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
Lars and

OKAY

We need to hang out

Like, off-work and shit

Be shitheads and drink

Thankfully, unlike Alexei Lars doesn’t mind boats, and will totally laugh at the name of her new cruiser. ‘Sotally Tober’? He’d definitely ask her if she was drunk when she named the vessel!

Also—

Lars isn’t afraid of ghosts, but if you bring up Kyogre around him he’s going to laser in and be like ‘wtf you saw that shit?! Where?!’ because he’s from Sootopolis and the mythos there about Kyogre are so many and varied…
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
owli's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 6:33:27 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
i only just now realized that plotter replies give letters SO HERE I AM returning the favor!

&

i do really want to explore more of their relationship and dynamic in terms of skyler being an encouraging figure in her life and challenging her to face her fears (of the water, in this case). but i'm sure there is a lot more they can talk about, whether it be other insecurities or stresses. they can talk about boys and their favourite tv microwave dinners, etc, etc. they're definitely best friend material, i think, even if stormy can be a bit of a firecracker.
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
owli's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2021 7:31:49 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
&

i think skyler is actually going to be a very, very important part of emma's path to becoming less of a feral, wild animal and more of a calm, cool and collected house cat. she still has claws and serious resting bitch face, but she's less prone to all-out-attack. gavin has helped her relax a little bit in her own skin, and when she met skyler and the woman wasn't immediately scared, intimidated, or whatever.. it sort of hit her that people really can just be normal.

and i think deep down what she really wants is to truly believe she's normal. skyler is like a window into that world and let me tell you.. she is looking.
close tab

played by

hawk

disaster lesbian
she/her
twenty-three
december 13th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
sailor
shiphand
em forma de enxurrada ela volta depois, arrasta nós dois
awards
19 posts
Thais Flores DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @thais
Thais Flores
owli's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 2:50:46 GMT
Thais Flores Avatar
and

we chatted briefly through discord, so here I am! after taking a look at skyler, i think it'd be totally hype to have them interact. especially since they have a lot of overlap in their personalities and likes— thais is also a sailor, though she's more of a shiphand who does the lilycove/slateport route; she's also a bit superstitious, having grown up in a small religious community in Pacifidlog; and, lastly, she also loves to barhop. hehe

i think their biggest difference (i'm speculating here ofc) is that thais is less ambitious and perhaps a bit more impulsive/immature than skyler, which could lead to some interesting situations. thais also has a big weakness called "pretty girls", so i'm sure she's gonna lay on the charm thick. anyway, perhaps thais could do some odd jobs for skyler on her boat or work as a shiphand? just some ideas. lmk!
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
owli's plotter
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 10:30:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
And then you went ahead and got the water shard? LOL.

Sounds good for me. I'm also here for my Lucky Letters so don't mind me. I'm good for it whenever but I'll be slow. If you have any fun prompts or thread premises feel free to post it here or DM me.

TRAILS OF THE TITAN

The Three Day War may be over but the remnants of its legacy still burn bright in the mind of those affected. With Groudon present and accounted for, all eyes turn to the other Legendary Beast: Kyogre. , terrified of the repercussions of leaving it unchecked, extends his efforts in hounding the Pokemon in a bid to stay ahead of the game. Leaving the safety of solid ground, he enlists the help of several experts, including a renown sailor and naval hero .