[attr="class","contestIMG"]

[attr="class","contestTitle"]TOUGH CONTEST
SHOW OFF YOUR PKMN!

[attr="class","contestLogo"]

[break]

[attr="class","contestAnnouncer"]
[attr="class","th th-quote-down"]

[attr="class","contestAnnouncerText"]
"Put on your coats, place your bets, grab your seats and hold on to your pinned-on kitty ears because the PKMN SMASH; Contest of TOUGH begins NOW!"

[break][break]

[BREAK][break]
STAGE & LOCATION
[BREAK]

Assembled from hard oak by Petalburg's own local volunteers the first PKMN SMASH Contest leaves behind the traditional venues of a Contest Hall in the likes of Slateport to bring you powerful pokémon performances in the untamed wilds, where only the strong survive!
[break][break]
This time around the windy Petalburg Woods will host four of the toughest little pocket monsters this side of the Sky Pillar!

[break][break]

[BREAK][BREAK]
MOVES & APPEAL
[BREAK]

Performing moves will yield APPEAL Points (to a limit of 10) to the performing pokémon and (if applicable) Jam Points will deduct APPEAL from all other competing pokémon. [BREAK][BREAK]

Any move (GEN VI) can be used in the presentation rounds. However, the Pokémon Smash Contest is a contest of TOUGHNESS and thus moves of other classifications will be penalized. GEN VI Attack Dex.

[break][break]

TOUGH MOVES: 0 APPEAL Penalty [break]
COOL MOVES: -1 APPEAL Penalty [break]
CLEVER MOVES: -2 APPEAL Penalty [break]
BEAUTIFUL MOVES: -3 APPEAL Penalty [break]
CUTE MOVES: -4 APPEAL Penalty [break][break]

Using a move already used in the contest will result in a replacement penalty.[break]

REPEATED MOVES: -5 APPEAL Penalty

[break][break]

[BREAK][BREAK]
PERFORMANCE ROUNDS
[BREAK]

PRELIMINARIES: Introduce your competing pokémon; interests, hobbies, likes and dislikes can showcase your pokémon's personality!

[break][break]

Round 1: Perform one move to gain appeal with the audience. [break]
(Highest Roll from Prelims chooses their presentation slot, [break]
2nd Highest Roll chooses from remaining slots, etc.)

[break][break]

Round 2: Perform one move to gain appeal with the audience. [break]
(Highest APPEAL from end of Round 1 performs first)

[break][break]

Round 3: Perform one move to gain appeal with the audience. [break]
(Lowest APPEAL from end of Round 2 performs first)

[break][break]

Winner: will be determined by highest APPEAL Points by the end of Round 3.
(If dice roll is required, Highest Roll wins.)

[break][break]

Remember to include a dice roll with every move performance. [break]
dice rolls will be used to determine a tie-breaker in the case of [break]
pokémon tying in APPEAL Points. (Highest roll wins the tie-breaker)

[BREAK][BREAK]

[BREAK][BREAK]
QUALIFICATIONS

[BREAK]

Natural Survivor: competing Pokémon must have been captured in the wild. (No starters, gacha or trades)

[BREAK][BREAK]

Untapped Potential: competing Pokémon must have at least one stage of evolution yet to be reached. (No final stage or single-stage pokémon)

[BREAK][BREAK]

[attr="class","contestPokemon"]
[attr="class","contestPKMNHeadBG"]

[attr="class","contestPKMNHead"]

[attr="class","contestAppeal"]
APPEAL

[attr="class","contestAppealIMG no"]

APPEAL

APPEAL

APPEAL

[break]

[attr="class","contestFoot"]

[newclass=.CUTE]--contestAccent:#d15392[/newclass]
[newclass=.COOL]--contestAccent:#ce6f54[/newclass]
[newclass=.BEAUTY]--contestAccent:#546fad[/newclass]
[newclass=.CLEVER]--contestAccent:#548e37[/newclass]
[newclass=.TOUGH]--contestAccent:#c1a73f[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
Just keep running. It's what you do best, isn't it?
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
PKMN SMASH: JANUARY-A (BC)
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 11:46:07 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
While the contest begins, they are all of them put on a pedestal; the spokesperson's microphone is abuzz with the contest's parameters, as well as their routine embellishments, until they surrender the audience to the contestants for a moment of introduction:

"Hello Petalburg! I'm Adrian Malcolm, and if you've heard of me before, then you know what I'm about! But say hello to the newest member of the entourage: Pancham!!"

Pancham doesn't seem to be impressed, scoffing at its introduction, perhaps expecting something more aggrandizing; but it executes perfectly as it puts on a routine 'tough guy' act for the crowd.

"He's stubborn as they come, and a picky eater, but Pancham's tough as nails. I found him along Route 110 near Mauville, shortly after the Three Day War... He stood his own out there, while Ultra Beasts ransacked Hoenn's wildlands. Need I say more of Pancham's character?"

He let the question simmer in their minds before surrendering the captive audience, but he knew they were watching them now. Just look at their aloof, aggressive posturing; those tense brow lines and squared shoulders...

They were the essence of true grit, and their fiery fighting spirit is obvious in the glint of their eyes. They came to put on a damn good show, and the crowd was reciprocating that impression. But this was only their first taste...

q41hH8N|

Pancham is rarin' to go!
PANCHAM used "MOVE"!

Personal headcanon that Senon roped Adrian into this so he'd feel less like a schmuck...
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 11:57:21 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

There was a winter's chill among the gathered crowd of coordinators, pokéfans, Petalburg locals and volunteer carpenters. It was a smaller turnout that what a Slateport Contest Hall could offer at full capacity. There were still so many people in attendance the chairs were all filled and many stood around the perimeter.

Adults stood around with their morning coffee, aggressive steam rising into the chilly atmosphere. Children gathered in warmer clothing, most with their favorite Pokémon shirts, hats, jacket or coats.

Just like a crowd waiting to see a good pokémon battle they were excited and cheerful. Yet for a Coordination Contest the crowd was silent and observant, far less rambunctious than spectators at a battle.

From off stage he ascended the stairs with steeled nerves, ready to get out of the spotlight just as quickly as he'd gotten in it.

"Thank you for out this morning Petalburg!" The crowd was cold but warmed up, responsive in offering up cheers, whistles and applause.

"My name is Sénon ...and" Walking onto the stage with a prideful pace; a bulbasaur of healthy teal with deep green spots. He faced the crowd head on with a centered posture and tilted smiling head. "this is 'Babysaur'."

"Baby and I have trained together since September when I captured him. He lived on the Fiery Path to Mt. Chimney surrounded by Fire-type pokémon," With his free hand he made a fist for emphasis. "it's made him tough! Today, we'll prove it to you!"

Placing the microphone on the mic stand he gave his last words directly to the crowd without the mic; carrying his voice with volume and confidence. "Keep warm, and ENJOY THE SHOW!"

With his trainer descending the stairs the bulbasaur gave an additive "B u l ' B a!" to the crowd before trotting off after the ranger.

● tags: , ,
● notes:

gxVpvkUf

close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2021 10:15:42 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

With Razz's injuries still as bad as they were, but not wanting to disappoint the older ranger when he asked to participate, he needed another means to present himself. Getting himself an orange spiraled mask, and after making certain arrangements Razz felt like he might be ready for what was to come. [break][break]

"And next up we have Kingsman!" the announcer introduced as as masked Razz and Zarin took the stage. "Sadly it seems this contestant is unable to speak but, but in a contest of toughness I think we all know words aren't everything! But for convenience I will be acting as his translator as we do not discriminate." [break][break]

With a 'thank you' sign from Razz to the announcer before Kingsman begins to introduce himself and his elekid with his hands rather than his voice. Because god knows that he did not have the nerve to talk to such a crowd without Salem here, but even then that would be stretching it. His last contest didn't involve talking so why did he have to do it here? "Hello everyone I am the Kingsman, and with me is my Elekid Zarin!" the announcer begins to translate to the crowd. [break][break]

"I have found this Elekid a mere two weeks after the war in Mauville, while his parents most likely a victim to it, Zarin has shown time and time again since I've had them that they're not one to go down easily." With this the small electric pokemon huff with a cross of his arms to look as tough as he could to fit the theme. Razz himself feeling like his arms were gonna die, but he still preferred this to the alternative. "Today he'll be more than happy to show you all how tough both the wild, and Rangering as made him"[break][break]

With that Zarin raises one arm as if a promise which seemed to get a few applause at least. With that said the 'mute' bows as he makes to exit to the side of the stage with his pokemon, this was going to be rough. [break][break]

5Xj51Dnh

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#3E7E96;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2021 19:55:55 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-st]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
petalburg woods: contest

[attr=class,lyric1]
if you could only see the beast

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Stormy had originally been carrying the Houndour when she'd graced the stage. But the moment the puppy Pokemon had spotted Adrian's Pancham, he had wrestled his way out of her arms to hop down at her ankles. He stares down the little teddy-bear, and while Adrian gives his speech, followed by Senon and Razz, Houndour is lifting his lips to show off how pearly white and tough his fangs are.[break][break]

When it comes down to Stormy's turn, all eyes are focused on her, albeit maybe a little bit less interested given they'd just listen to three other introductions beforehand.[break][break]

Regardles, Stormy sweeps her hair over her shoulder and gestures to her own companion, a confident smile on her face.[break][break]

"And finally, let us introduce Stormy Silph, one of Hoenn's Elite Four! What's tougher than that, right?"[break][break]
The joke falls flat, but Stormy picks up anyway.[break][break]

"Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome. I'd like to introduce you to my partner for this evening, Achilles the Houdour. He's an ankle-biter, so I thought it was fitting. I found him on the outskirts of Slateport, facing off against a Bisharp. He was a territorial little fighter, and he really showed the Bisharp who the dominant one was. I'm sure he'll make his mark out here too, on stage!"[break][break]

Stormy winks at the puppy before bowing and gesturing for Achilles to follow her off-stage.[break]

40BXUi3Y
[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

, &

[attr=class,punkianger-stcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentbg"]background: #030303;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .accentborder"]border-color: #030303;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 7:13:57 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Oh god they were first, why were they first?[break][break]

That's what's in his head as they're called up and his stomach is filled with beautifly. He looks down to his Elekid who gives a thumbs up of being ready as the two come up on stage. He signs a thank you to the crowd as the applauded the masked performer. Razz looks to Zarin before he begins to twirl his arm to begin the routine. [break][break]

With that Zarin begins to swing his arms left, right, left, right over and over as the electric pokemon charged up as Razz doubled checked the rubber padding he had under his suit. "Look at that folks! The way the elekid turns his arms to gather electricity, what will the duo do next!?" With that said Razz whistled to signal he was ready. "Oh my whats this?"[break][break]

She ask before Zarin turns to his trainer before charging, hopping up to preform an electrified HAMMER ARM at his trainer. The attack so strong that it did knock Razz back sending the ranger sliding back from the power of it. "Wow what a show of force!" exclaims the announcer as the ranger shakes it off, some sparks could still be seen discharging off the suit before the masked performer and his Elekid give a bow before moving off the stage. [break][break]

Appeal: ❤❤❤❤❤❤ [break]
M16PkJ|m

[break][break]

[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2021 11:01:48 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
While Razz Kingsman is able to make a strong first act, Adrian plots his next move, sizing up the competition: Elekid, a Houndour, and Senon's Bulbasaur. Houndour and Elekid gave him cause for worry, but 'Babysaur' didn't really register as much of a contender. "Alright Pancham," he takes the stage. "Let's show them your CRUNCH!"

Adrian holds up a bamboo shoot in demonstration, roughly a foot long, dangling it before the Pancham. As he crams it into the cub's mouth, it CRUNCHES, MASHES and GRINDS, dismantling the fibrous material with apparent ease.

"Ouch!" It sure looks like it'd hurt.

Pancham's biting power itself proved tough to watch as Adrian now reached for a bucket of pork bones, tossing them at Pancham. When caught in its clamped jaws, the bone would snap with an audible crack, violently scattering splinters of bone. As the bones grew larger, the splinters were more like shrapnel, and the sound of bone snapping was enough to make one want to turn away...

"Great work, Pancham," he praises his little monster, only for it to ignore his attention and direct a threat at the other contestants; Pancham would leer at the other contenders, a low growl rumbling in its throat as it stalked off the stage before posturing aggressively on the sidelines.

MDOAvzdt

Appeal:
Jam: ❤❤❤❤

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2021 4:08:12 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Taking the stage third Baby retained his air of friendless despite the looks he got from the one called "Pancham".

From from crowd Sénon borrowed a cyclists helmet and reaching inside his coat he pulled free a ditto that loved his body heat; old Gan. Grabbing into a chunk of the ditto's flesh it shapeshifted into a body-sized riot shield; a largely translucent ditto face stretched across the front of it. Slamming his fist against the front of the shield the audience could hear the sound of reinforced plastics in a carbon frame.

If they didn't know chemistry of manufacturing they knew the sound of something hard hitting something harder.

Knocking the shield was Baby's cue to get in position at the opposite end of the stage.

"Our third team looks ready, lets see what they've got!"

For a moment pokémon and trainer stared each other down. At only twenty-three inches tall Baby was smaller than most of his species and certainly smaller than his trainer at 6'4". What he lacked in height he lucked in mass being 11kg when most Bulbasaur barely made it to 7.

The stare down went on until the smiling face of Baby faded into a determined glare and the relaxed expression of Sénon tilted into a smirk. The crowd just as silent as the duo on stage. At the first showing of his master's teeth baby dashed the stage leaping from the midway point to smash into the Ranger pushing him back some feet with TAKE DOWN

"A splendid smash! Looks like nobody puts this baby in a corner!"

Swinging the shield upwards Baby was flung back to his starting point where he dashed again at his trainer, his speed increased. The redhead further planting his feet and rushing forward with the shield he tried to smash into the Bulbasaur rather than take the blow.

True to Baby's form and power Sénon's attempt to provide an equal force failed as the collision occured with enough force to knock him off his feet and off the stage while Baby arced himself into a backflip to land smoothly onstage, visibly shaking off the recoil damage from two hits.

The crowd gave gasps and applaud as Sénon returned to the stage to show himself unharmed but the riot shield dented from the impacts. He and Baby both took a bow before leaving the stage for the final presentation of round one.

● tags:
● appeal notes: Babysaur used TAKE DOWN

❤❤❤❤❤❤

1HDl9vBC
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 1:58:49 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
Apparently their first appearances had been sub-par at best. But that was more than okay, because being center stage had never been Stormy's real spotlight, and she was more than happy to watch the rest of the performers set precedent for her. And good God did they ever make her shake in her boots.[break][break]

Of course, Achilles was not too chuffed about all of it, more than prepared to show up and dominate. It was a little bit strange though, to be performing in a contest rather than a show of strength and skill on a battlefield. [break][break]

Soon enough, however, Senon and his adorable Bulbasaur step down from the stage and make way for her. Stormy has adjusted the brown leather spiked collar two sizes too big on the Houndour, though he fusses back stage while she's attempting to make him more presentable. Apparently scabs and scuffs were in, and perfectly brushed and clipped paws were out.[break][break]

Stormy dips her head to Senon as he walks past.[break][break]

"Achilles, I think it's time we steal the show, yeah?"[break][break]

They both jog onto the stage with waving hands and tails, but Achilles performs a thief, effectively stealing the Bulbasaur's move from earlier in the performance. The Pokemon's mimicry of a take down stylized with dark-type energy and guts really throws the audience for a loop.[break][break]

That, and in the process he had managed to somehow steal something from backstage that didn't belong to him. It prompts a scowl on Stormy's face, but she bows nonetheless and ushers him off-stage to make way for round two.[break]

VUbtedQ8[break]
[break][break]

[break]

notes: used thief

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

, &

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a, .punkianger-st .bulk b, .punkianger-stcredit a"]color: #dea02c;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/TgDV53Y/stormy-post3.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #2E2E2E;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(222,160,44,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #dea02c; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-st .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-stcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 2:37:27 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","contestBG"]
[attr="class","TOUGH"]
[attr="class","contestRibbon"]
[attr="class","contestHead"]

SHOW OFF YOUR PKMN!

[break]

"After a great opening round the four contestant pokémon have shown us their character and potential!
[break][break]

Zarin & Babysaur opened with strong moves HAMMER ARM and TAKE DOWN putting them at 6 points each with our crowd!
[break][break]

Achilles' subtle and skilled use of THIEF only net the Houndour a single point but the games not over yet!
[break][break]

After the lingering impression of Pancham's CRUNCH the judges have re-scored to knock Achilles the Houndour, Zarin the Elekid and Baby the Bulbasaur down four points each giving us our final totals for ROUND ONE!
[break][break]

Based on the Appeal Points to end Round 1 as well as a high/low dice roll to break any ties the order of round 2 has been determined!"

[break][break]

[break]

1st Performance: ( "Babysaur")
[break][break]
2nd Performance: ( "Zarin")
[break][break]
3rd Performance: ( Pancham)
[break][break]
4th Performance: ( "Achilles")
[break][break]

APPEAL

[attr="class","contestAppealIMG yes"]

APPEAL

APPEAL

APPEAL

[break]

[attr="class","contestFoot"]

[newclass=.CUTE]--contestAccent:#d15392[/newclass]
[newclass=.COOL]--contestAccent:#ce6f54[/newclass]
[newclass=.BEAUTY]--contestAccent:#546fad[/newclass]
[newclass=.CLEVER]--contestAccent:#548e37[/newclass]
[newclass=.TOUGH]--contestAccent:#c1a73f[/newclass]
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 19:56:48 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Back on stage to set off Round two Sénon and Baby began their use of tactics. Without having specifically trained to ready themselves for this particular contest of TOUGH, the two had to work with what they had. Knowing enough about performance to hedge his bets the Ranger sent the Bulbasaur onstage without him.

Baby greeted the crowd as warmly as ever, a band-aid covering a small gash on his head from the previous performance.

Not that he seemed to mind it at all.

After a small amount of whistles and cheers from the crowd at his entry he suddenly posed defensive against the crowd, the bulb on his back trembling more and more violently until suddenly...

The crowd became agasp as Baby directed the flow of the flower petals over and throughout the crowd with PETAL DANCE. Some in the crowd even going as far as to pluck the the fragments from the air. The MC articulating what the crowd seemed to be thinking in their distracted state.

"What looked to be a crude and dangerous eruption turned out to be a fancy flourish of flashing flower fragments! How beautiful!"

With a "B u l b a ' S A U R !", that roughly equated to an enthusiastic, "thank you for your time" Baby exited the stage while the crowd was still a gasp.

"The crowd is in awe from such a visually pleasing performance! But will an attempt at such an elegant maneuver help Baby's score any in a Contest of TOUGH?!"

● tags:
● appeal notes: Babysaur used PETAL DANCE

❤❤❤❤❤❤ -❤❤❤
Beauty Move Penalty

8vopbhv1
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
awards
3,205 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 20:49:56 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

Okay so they did alright, though it seems like the others were more interested in possibly jamming each other. Did Zarin even know any jamming moves? Since when did this all become so complicated? [break][break]

Deciding against it and just trying to go with something flashy might be their best way to go. Once more he double checks the padding on his suit as he has the electric pokemon attempt to shock it and feeling nothing. "Alright now for round two! Our mute electric specialist Kingsman and Zarin!" The announcer introduces as they walk onto the stage. Razz forever grateful for the mask because he doesn't think he could do this otherwise. With a whistle he signals for Zarin to prepare himself. [break][break]

The elekid begins to spin his arms charging them up for attack before attacking his trainer with a flurry of THUNDER PUNCHES. The pads help him absorb punch after punch as the ranger moves left, right, back all to show off that not only could Zarin attack with power but with speed. With his arms tapping each other to signal the final blow rather than attack his trainer this time the final blow hit the floor as the excess elecritity was sent flying into the air from his spot. [break][break]

"What an amazing show! It was impressive power but as cool as that was will it show just how tough this Elekid is to the judges!?"[break][break]

Wait.... Thunder Punch counted as cool? Well there was still applause at least.

[break][break]
Appeal: ❤❤❤❤ [break]
Notes: -❤ for Cool [break]
fjch915V

[break][break]

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 21:02:39 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
you've made of me

[attr=class,bulk]
So stealing the show had been a real bust. The lack of applause for their performance was evidence of that, and behind stage she heard whispers of Achilles being 'too cute' for such a 'tough show'. [break][break]

So she rolled up her sleeves and gave both her and the Houndour a pep talk. They had scored better, barely, than the Pancham, and so they take the stage third instead of last. [break][break]

And they come in hot, hot, hot. [break][break]

With a cloud of smoke, poisonous in effect, Stormy appears through the smog with a gas mask on. Her husky breathing is noisy, but the Houndour bounces through the purple fog to skid to a halt. It gives him an appropriate ominous background, and Stormy prays that it might be the difference between bombing round two.[break][break]

They exit stage left.[break]

Hj1uFOY1[break]
❤❤❤❤
[break][break]

[break]

notes: used smog

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

, &

punki

close tab

played by

Fonz

Masculine
October 19
Slateport City
Bisexual
N/A
N/A
Daylight
In bad dreams
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
2,406 posts
part of
TAG WITH @fonz
Adrian Malcolm
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 9:54:28 GMT
Adrian Malcolm Avatar
BACK STAGE

Adrian dotes over his Pancham which seems too tense with focus to be bothered with his pampering and pruning, trying to keep the pokemon looking presentable. It was like doing one of his more fancy gigs, except the pokemon was the star, not Adrian. It honestly made him wonder how Pancham was feeling right now... Did he even want to win? Did he care about that, or being tough? A trainer needed to be conscious of their pokemon's desires, but Adrian had overlooked this fundamental skill when applying for this contest.

"Listen, Pancham..." Adrian closes the door to their makeup room behind him, drowning out the crowd's uproar as takes the stage and dazzles the crowd. He closes in on Pancham, which is sitting atop a high chair at a mirror. The pokemon still hasn't lost its edge.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to." Pancham is caught off guard, but Adrian quickly elaborates as they don't have the time. "You've got a choice in this. I'm not trying to pressure you to win..." It honestly hadn't mattered to Adrian, but between his obvious professionalism and seeming enthusiasm, perhaps Pancham had gotten the wrong impression.

Pancham seemed at a loss for words.

"But I think you can win. I just... want it to be what you want, Pancham. This is for you."

Thankfully they were still in the privacy of their contestant room, as Pancham began to well up. As he consoled his creature, Adrian could hear returning alongside Elekid from the stage. That left and her Houndour before Adrian and Pancham would be called, if not sooner.

"Say the words and we can leave right now."

Outside the crowd is in an uproar, and even from here they can detect the audible chanting: Among those utterances was a call for Pancham. Even if it wasn't Pancham's decision, this feeling, this sensation was almost power in its own right. And Pancham craved it. Swiping at its brow, it did its best to shake off its waterworks before pumping its fists to work itself up. "Alright then, champ."

Let's go steal the show.

They are immediately met with a riled up crowd as they walk out from back stage. Some are doubtlessly boos from the supporters of their competition, but that only makes the crowd's overriding clamor a sweeter salve.

Crowd favoritism was a helluva thing.

Adrian can't help but take the stage with a bit of a swagger to his step, and Pancham follows suit, show boating and pumping iron as it too makes its way to center stage. They're finally able to sneak in a few words when the crowd's bellowing begins to dull, though it never fully subsides.

"Alright folks," he begins as Pancham punches a flurry of strikes into the air. Adrian takes notice of the faint sparkle in the air and the scent of petals not unlike Rover's. Senon's Bulbasaur doubtlessly bloomed, filling the whole arena. There was even a hint of smoke or some haze, like a smog, though he's less certain of its origins. "You've seen what some of these pokemon can do. But you haven't even witnessed Pancham's untapped potential!" Adrian gestures to the Pancham, and the room falls silent. Even Pancham is a bit taken aback, as this routine isn't entirely rehearsed.

"Show 'em you're a SUPERPOWER!"

There was a wink to give Pancham the cue, and nothing else. Adrian let the microphone he was using fall away from his mouth before muting it, allowing Pancham to dictate its own performance.

And for its first act, it exercised its great power: The very air around it hummed as it flexed its aura, harnessing the pseudo-spiritual energy fundamental to advanced martial arts. "PAAAAAAAAAAA-!"

Blowing with the force of a mild gust and growing, Pancham's force began roiling off its body and disrupting the vicinity. This rising might began not only to impress the crowd, but cause mild alarm as the air began to howl while ripping at their loose hair and possessions. But before they could flee, Pancham directed its attention skyward, towards the waning evening light...

"-AAAAAAAAANCHAM!"

With a roar like a hurricane Pancham punched at the air with a single decisive strike, causing a shock wave to ripple through the air, cleaving the sky in twain for all to see...

They were all of them flabbergasted, and Adrian was hard of hearing on one side. It was tough to believe any creature, even a pokemon, could muster the strength to manage such reality-defying feats...

Haters would say it's special effects.

Pancham took the moment to bask in its glory, to revel in the moment before they retreated back stage to await the final round. But between the two of them, Adrian felt they had this one in the bag.

But the crowd loved an upset, cheered loudest for an underdog, and the contest was far from decided...

1WSh|ldV

Pancham used SUPERPOWER!
Appeal: ❤❤❤❤❤❤
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 16:44:45 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","contestBG"]
[attr="class","TOUGH"]
[attr="class","contestRibbon"]
[attr="class","contestHead"]

SHOW OFF YOUR PKMN!

[break]

"and that ladies and gentlemen, was round two!
[break][break]
Once again Zarin and Baby find themselves as two peas in the same pod; both using such impressive and skilled moves outside the TOUGH category!
[break][break]
Zarin's skillful THUNDER PUNCH really shocked the crowd and Baby's PETAL DANCE dazzled them out of their own words. But cool and beautiful moves don't have the same punch in a contest of TOUGH so some appeal points have been docked!
[break][break]
Giving us a much stronger round two Achilles delivers a potent SMOG setting the crowd straight the he is not to be under estimated! That is one TOUGH pup!
[break][break]
Closing out round two is one for the record books a flashy display of SUPERPOWER from Pancham and the crowd just ate it up. With one round left it seems to be the crowd has found their favorite!
[break][break]
Based on the Appeal Points to end round two as well as a high/low dice roll to break any ties the performance order has been determined!"

[break]

1st Performance: ( "Achilles")
[break][break]

2nd Performance: ( "Zarin")
[break][break]

3rd Performance: ( "Babysaur")
[break][break]

4th Performance: ( Pancham)
[break][break]