[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","queentri2"]
[attr="class","queentag"]

Using Shiny nest and 7 colored words weighted training! 

[attr="class","queentextbox"]
[attr="class","queentext"]

The 2nd round ended and melody let out a sigh of relief, her precious rilaboom did as well as he could against the opponents who were trying to gang up on her. She pouted at em all but she could not be too mad at them, it was a competition after all so she should have expected so. But that only meant she stood out from the crowd...right? She didn't hang on it too long since she had to focus on the next part of the competition since it was moving pretty quick. They had to find 3 gold colored coins huh? Well that should be easy to find amongst the greenery of the Biome right? Easy peasy!  Melody and rilaboom went to go searching a canopy like section of the biome where there were a lot of bird pokemon who called it home here. She had the idea to maybe search the nests of these pokemon carefully so she looked over to rilaboom and began to plot her plan of actions. [break][break]

She was going to have to be quiet for once right? She looked at rilaboom and began to sweat...he didn't usually do quiet...but time to branch out huh?! The Pinkette began to climb up onto his back and patted him on his back when she was ready. Rilaboom nodded as he began to climb up a tree him and melody managed spot a nest from. "nice and easy rilaboom.." she added as the bright yellow light from the sunshine began to blind her a bit, she took one hand to give her some protection from the sun. This place was truly breath taking, so many colorful flowers...she wondered if she should have came and painted for fun. Once Rilaboom reached the top of the tree  she carefully climbed onto his shoulders as she saw the nest and began to carefully observed it. Making sure to not touch anything as most often the scent of humans would be enough to keep an aviary pokemon from returning from the nest...She saw something hidden amongst the eggs and decided she had no other option "Rila...you gotta grab that coin carefully..be careful not to disturb the white and green spotted colored eggs.." she exclaimed as rilaboom took out a stick from his hair and lightly tapped it on the tree as a vine came out from the tree and carefully moved the eggs, taking care to not harm anything.  [break][break]

Success! now they just had to keep looking...after some time after searching and finding a lot of strangely colored eggs, like purple, blue, yellow ones melody brought back what she found to the judge's area! How fun melody got to see so many pretty sights!

[attr="class","queencred"]Nano            

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass][newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/aiUy4sF.jpg"); filter: brightness(90%) [/newclass][newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass][newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass][newclass=.Melody] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass][newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass][newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass][newclass=.queentext b]color:#768ba3;[/newclass][newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass][newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass][newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass][newclass=a:link]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none;font-size:9px;[/newclass][newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Holtwood One SC][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Playfair Display]

vP8Bn224+10 +10 +10

··
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
BIOME BADGE GYM CHALLENGE - JUNGLE [BC]
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 6:31:01 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

The Bellossom was exhausted, but the Eva’s enthusiasm kept her spirits high. The active SUNNY DAY kept her well energized in addition to the Mega Drains. Despite this being a contest and not a battle, she was having quite a good time!

The battle ended about and suddenly as it started. The interruption signaled the start to the third and final round. The Bellossom scurried along the jungle’s forest floor and back to Eva’s side. She peered up at her trainer with big, dark eyes. Summer could see the admiration in the blonde’s gaze. Even before she knelt down to praise her for a job well-done.

Both turned their attention back to the judges as they explained how the third round worked. Summer narrowed her eyes curiously. A scavenger hunt, huh? They would have to be cunning to outpace the faster, more agile pokemon of the group. Of course, they had already proved they could hang with the best of them through the battle round. So much so, that awarded her trainer a special boon alongside two others.

Summer turned to watch a flower crown appear over Eva’s head. The grass-type could immediately smell the unique scent of the fairy. She watched Eva’s eyes grow wide as the world seemed to change before her, giving her a unique perspective on the Jungle Biome.

“Wow,” Eva’s eyes lit up, “Thank you!” her trainer beamed at Chryssa just before the third round started, “Alright Summer, let’s do it!” Summer nodded her head at her trainer’s proclamation. As Eva ran, the speed-boosted Summer ran with her, easily keeping up.

It wasn’t long before the dup found themselves fairly deep in the biome without a coin in sight. Summer stopped behind the blonde as she came to a halt, her brows noticeably pinched in thought.

Just then, Summer watched her trainer’s eyes light up in curiosity as she looked to the right, “This way!” she pointed towards what looked like nothing to the Bellossom. Regardless, she followed.

As they grew closer to the clearing, the music became apparent. The echo of drums and melodic songs of the jungle’s pokemon resonated through the air. It reminded the Bellossom of on of their opponents, and her pokemon. Was this a trap?

No, it wasn’t. When the duo entered the clearing, it was obviously that they had stumbled on some sort of party. A variety of pokemon moved in unison in the center of a large circle. The pokemon on the exterior of the circle sang and drummed while the other on the interior danced. Looking up towards the shaded understory, Summer could see that the dancing continued into the trees. Flying-types danced through the air, weaving their way through the understory with ease. It was quite the site to see!

Bellossom hopped forward, gently approaching one of the drummers, a Bulbasaur using its vines to beat several of them. She inquired about seeing coins. The fellow grass-type grinned mischievously, pointing towards the dancing.

In exchange for information, the duo would have to dance!

Eva, of course, was all about that idea. The Bellossom pulled her trainer towards the Understory Jive. It took them a minute to learn the moves, but the two fell in step with the others, laughing as she danced in an effort to gain the information from the Bulbasaur.

pySUuWGI+10+10+10

Weighted Training Boon: Peekachu
Boon of Chaos: Active!
Prompt Understory Hive -> Understory Jive

··
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 6:38:04 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

when people talk about the weight of the world i don't think they mean the weight of a snorlax, course i know its all metaphorical when people say it but...this thing was really heavy. i did what i could to try and lift it up but on top of being heavy the damn thing was so soft and malleable, like i was being crushed by a weighted blanket than an actual blob. maybe i was just that lucky to end up with a snorlax that was all flab and less muscle? i didn't even want to think about that stroke of luck as i lifted up the final layer keeping me trapped under here with the coin in my teeth and the light of the sun beaming through the dark and soft abyss i was in.

i won't lie though, snorlax's had some damn comfy fur.

as i worm my way through i'm greeted by the image of majima the monkey looking at me curiously while he holds up a coin in his hands before getting a big smile on his face. guess that means he managed to get one too...although why was he covered in bite marks? well it probably was because he did something dangerous like i did and paid the price for it, at least we were on a roll now with just two coins already in hand. this was going to be a cinch!

at least we thought it would be until we came across a nest full of these steel plated ants that were crawling around. we were just lucky enough to be hiding far away enough that we could still see them and they didn't notice us. how long it would last was another question especially with what i could see going on from our vantage point. "hey...isn't that a?"

sure enough one of them was hiding something in its jaws, a shiny something. another coin? perhaps. how we were going to get to it was a whole different story. i looked around at our surroundings, hoping that the jungle would provide something for us, instead all we had were a bunch of roots at our feet. from the looks of them they seemed to be simple roots that helped one feel better after eating one. me and majima both looked at one another, then at the roots, and then at the durant nest and then back to each other and nodded.

we both kenw that this might be the last time we had to do something crazy for this contest so it was worth going all out. so we tore up some of the roots of the trees, majima nibbling on one that wasn't too bitter for his tastes and the two of us raced out of our hiding hole, throwing roots into our mouths to keep our energy up as we charged ahead.

let's just say...there was a lot of pinching and crying.

durant nest and the i's have it
rGq8N6Pa+10 +10
+10 +10

···
close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,219 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2021 19:17:11 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","queenbody"]
[attr="class","queentri"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

Tropius bananas + the I's have it

One coin down! 2 more to go! "We got this rilaboom lets close out with a big bang!" I want to make sure he stays motivated because if he cant play his music constantly he'll begin to get bored and we cant have that now could we? Time to bust a move! We made our way to the to a different section of the jungle biome with rilaboom playing his drum set as we marched on together goofily. That's what makes me love rilaboom so much, he keeps me cheery and happy. I'm gonna give him so good head pats later for this, and maybe some....bananas? Oh! a tropius! And oh shit he has a coin hidden in the fruits of his neck. What a weird way to hide it! "Rilaboom can you ask him for the coin?" [break][break]

The two spoke for a bit in whatever kind of pokemon language...I wish I could understand them to see what was going on cause it seems like rilaboom was rather annoyed with the pokemon for whatever reason. Rilaboom then approached me saying a whole bunch of gibberish...but then he pulled out his drum set and began to danc- "does tropius want us to do a performance for him?" OHHHH I see now, he saw our performance earlier and wants an encore? Rilaboom began to looked excited so I guess I was right...oh well easy enough! Now what song to pick? I began to look through the music I keep on my phone, maybe a tropical pokemon would like a funky beat accompanied by some pretty good drumming? OH PERECT! THIS SONG!  I pressed play on my phone and put the speaker on full blast for tropius who began to already look extremely pleased as me and Rilaboom began our performance. I danced my heart out, I needed to put on one hell of a performance to get this coin so I gave it my all! It seemed to work as tropis lowered his extremely long neck and I was able to reach the pouch, he even gave us some of the fruit on his neck as an extra thank you! How lovely! "Ok rila! Let's go back and turn in what we found!" I exclaimed as I peeled the fruit and rilaboom mimicked my movement. I ended up deciding to give rilaboom both pieces of the fruit since he had been working so hard today, I'm so proud of him. 

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass][newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/aiUy4sF.jpg"); filter: brightness(90%) [/newclass][newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass][newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass][newclass=.Melody] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass][newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass][newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass][newclass=.queentext b]color:#768ba3;[/newclass][newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass][newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass][newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass][newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass][newclass=a:link]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none;font-size:9px;[/newclass][newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]

HJuoXlYC +10 to all

··
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2021 3:35:34 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

kazimir and majima sauntered over to the judges table with big grins on their faces and a bit of swagger in their step as the blonde trainer slammed the coins onto the table and placed both of his hands on it and faced the judges with an almost feral grin to his face as he beamed with pride. they had managed to overcome the last challenges of this contest with little problem, and yes the fractured bones of kazimir weren't all that bad...when he was hiding it.

so when the judges asked their questions kazimir kept that grin on his face and let out a little chuckle as he puffed out his chest. "oh i think we used the biome to its fullest. majima here practically knew it like the back of his hand, swinging from vines like it was some kind of playground, using the trees as nothing more than springboards for him, plus hiding up in that canopy and bushes? pretty simple yet effective strategy if i do say so myself."

he then let out a small sigh as he looked back at the contest stage, "as for what we learned well, the jungle's a pretty harsh place even for those that live in it. ya gotta share it with all kinds of creatures and not a lot of them are really neighborly if ya know what i mean, durants especially. heck some of them don't even mean to be rude, they just take up a lot of space and need all the food they can get." he felt the bones in his body shiver as he said that, the image of the snorlax falling on top of him will forever be burned into their memory.

finally he turned back and gave the judges a wink, "and did i have fun? hell yeah i did. you folks let me know when you're holding another contest cause i definitely want to compete again." along with his answer majima gave his own with a show of charades with some shadow boxing and jumping up and down like he was swinging from imaginary vines, all too eager to try this again.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2021 20:11:07 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

Eva couldn’t believe she was dancing in a drum circle with a bunch of jungle pokemon! Who knew this contest was going to be so much fun! If all contests were like this, she may just give up medicine all together and become a coordinator!

Just kidding.

The music seemed to be growing to a climax. MANKEY and PRIMEAPE in the jungle’s Understory screamed and vigorously shook the trees. Leaves and colorful flowers fell like confetti from above, bathing the green field in a splash of color. Eva found herself grinning down at the Bellossom as they moved with the other dancers. Summer found Eva’s gaze and smiled back, she knew what the doctor was thinking.

The grass-type took a moment’s pause. A soft pink, sparkling SWEET SCENT drifted from her flowers and towards the center of the field. The pokemon took command of the leaves and flowers falling from the sky. The LEAF STORM was gentle, an aesthetic attack rather than one with malicious intent. Her control over the foliage sent it swirling into a vortex, shaping it into a sphere while the Sweet Scent poured into its tumbling form, giving it even more brilliant color that sparkled against the rays of the bright sun that poked through the canopy.

As the drums resonated through the forest, the thrum in the air growing stronger and stronger, the Leaf Storm grew and grew until the music climaxed and the sphere exploded in the air. The colorful rain of leaves, flowers, and sparkling sweet scent slowly drifted down onto the clearing. Eva’ own hair was dusted with a pink shimmer. The pokemon seemed to relish in the Sweet Scent, enthusiastically belting out their appreciation for the aesthetics.

A LIEPARD slowly approached the duo, a shiny, metallic coin clutched in it mouth. Eva knelt down and held out her hand to take the coin from the pokemon, “Wow! Thanks!” her smile brightened as she held up against the rays of sun, “One down!” she grinned down at the Bellossom.

The Bulbasaur from earlier engaged the Bellossom in some light conversation, using his vines to describe whatever it was he was telling the Bellossom. Eventually, Eva’s pokemon thanked the fellow grass-type and enthusiastically motioned for Eva to follow her deeper into the jungle. Eva quickly thanks the Bulbasaur with a pat on the head and hurried after the quick Bellossom.

Eventually the familiar sound of water became apparent and Summer led her to the bank of a gently moving river. The Bellossom pointed excitedly to the river and then down the water’s flow. It was clear they needed to follow the river, “Alright, we need a raft!” Eva said with confidence, hitting a balled up fist into an open hand, “Think you can make one?” it was a stretch, but maybe Summer could pull enough leaves and branches together to give them something to at least hang on to while they floated down the gentle rapids.

Eva’s confidence in her gave the pokemon the vigor to summon another LEAF STORM. She gathered all the leaves and branches she could, forcing them into a tightly packed rectangle and setting them down lightly on top of the water, “Great work, Summer! Let’s see if it holds!” she picked up the Bellossom and set her on her shoulder, “Hang on tight!” Eva crawled into the makeshift raft. It sunk beneath her weight, submerging the doctor’s back end but it floated enough for Eva to hang on to while they floated down the river.

The gentle rapids quickly turned turbulent, throwing the duo around while the roar of a waterfall grew closer and closer, “Uuuuhhh I think it’s time to get out!” Eva clenched the flotation device tightly, attempting to steer around the rocks that were beginning to crop up. Summer held on to the doctor’s neck tightly, shaking her head and pointing towards the sudden drop off, “WE GOTTA GO OVER IT?!” there was a mixture of fear and excitement in the doctor’s voice. Did she trust the Bulbasaur enough to tumble off a waterfall?

Yep.

Over they went, Eva let go of the raft which dispersed as the Bellossom released its hold over the foliage. Eva tucked the pokemon close to her chest and assumed the canon-ball position as they kerplunked[ into the deep pool at the waterfall’s base. Eva emerging with a deep breath behind the thundering waterfall in a small cave, the Bellossom still held tightly in one arm. She moved them to the rocku bank, putting Summer onto dry land before pulling herself up. Th doctor was laughing wildly, “Woo! What a contest!” she smiled, brushing her matted blonde hair out of her face.

Summer was already pointing eagerly towards the entrance to a small cave. It seemed they were supposed to go that way. Eva pushed herself to her feet and followed the pokemon.

u71PzxN_+10+10+10

Weighted Training Boon: No Time for Pictures
Prompt: Behind the Waterfall
Boon of Chaos: Active! Changing her rolls to 93, (switching 37 to 73 then +10) 83, and 14 - finding 2 more coins
tl;dr: Eva and Summer find one coin! They make a raft to travel down the river and over the waterfall at the directions of the Bulbasaur. They pop up behind the waterfall and start venturing into the small cave.

··
close tab

played by

Pilo

Melly
she/her
July 9
Lilycove
Straight
Idol
Elite 4
Navy
Dating
5'6 height
5'6 height
hoenn
awards
3,219 posts
Melody Miro DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @melody
Melody Miro
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 2:31:41 GMT
Melody Miro Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","queenbody"]
[attr="class","queentri"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

[attr="class","Melody"]

Melody had managed to gather three actual coins after some rather interesting adventures with her rilaboom. In fact the pair grew a bit closer in terms of their friendship huh? Melody was glad, even if she didn't win today she had least saw the value in participating. She presented a coin to each judge as she figured that's why they even decided to make it THREE coins and was then presented with three questions. A mini post contest interview huh? Well bring it on! [break][break]

She was first presented with the first question, Do you think you used the biome to its fullest?  She paused for a few seconds before gathering her thoughts. "During the first half of my performance I dont truely believe I did use it enough. It was a bit silly of me to not have you all see that it was rilaboom's control over the vines in the area that was moving me around. I should have showcased it front and center. However I hope during round two you guys managed to see how I was using me and Rilaboom's music to turn the leaves around us into a weapon with our magical razor leaf attack." she said with a small smile on her face as her rilaboom let out a cheer and she petted him on the head![break][break]

She was then presented with the next question, what did she learn from the contest? "Hmmm, it's a rather good question." she said at first as she placed both of her hands together as she interlocked the knuckles in each hand with one another "I would say I learned to be more flexible and faster with rilaboom. We both had to react really quickly with so many opponents who tried to take us on during round 2 but im relieved we managed to keep our cool!" she said as a small sweat drop appeared on her forehead as she was being mentally hard on herself not being a better trainer and commanding her Rilaboom more artfully. [break][break]

Last question was her favorite! Did she have fun? "Duh! Of course I had fun! No I didnt just have fun, I had an absolute BLAST!" she exclaimed as she raised her interlocked hands. "I think I can speak for both myself and Rilaboom that regardless whether we win or lose we will DEF be participating again! This was such a lovely idea for a contest!" she said as  she hugged her Rilaboom tightly and awaited patiently for the results of the contest.

close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 4:06:41 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

it didn’t take the two long to find their way to the back of the dark, damp cavern. It wasn’t too deep of a cave. A the end of their journey, two beams of white light radiated down from the broken ceiling above. Sitting on a small stone alter were two shining coins, “Wow, two for one!” Eva grinned, picking up the last two coins and putting them with the other, “Guess it’s time to head back now!” she scooped up the Bellossom and rushed out of the cave.

Eva knew their treasure hunt took quite a long time. She wasn’t surprised to see majority of the contestants back before her and Summer. Regardless, the blonde walked up to the three judges, a satisfied grin spread ear to ear. The two were soaked to the bone and the flowers that once dotted the doctor’s hair were now either missing or painfully out of place on her head.

“Here ya go! Three coins!” she handed them in one at a time, giving the Bellossom in her arms a little squeeze at the end to emphasize her delight. Summer returned the squeeze with an excited shrill, smiling in delight at a job well done.

The doctor blinked, looking at Zac with a bit of surprise when he asked the first question. She didn’t know there was going to be a Q & A session! Did they use the biome to it’s fullest? Eva averted her gaze to look around the immediate area. Slowly nodding her head she turned back to the judges, “I think we did are best! As you can see, Summer here is adapted to life on the jungle floor. She’s small and quick, but not meant for climbing and swinging like some of our fellow contestants. I think she demonstrated how she can handle herself on her turf and keep the tide in her favor but attracting and keeping her opponents in the confines of her element. She didn’t use the whole biome, but that’s not the point, right? The jungle is so diverse with many small niches, that you have to find your place and thrive there or else it will be a very dangerous place for you,” Eva was satisfied with her answer and Zac asked the next question.

“Well, hmmm, what did we learn…” she repeated, tapping her chin while looking down at the Bellossom. It took the doctor a minute to gather her thoughts, “Well, I for one learned how much fun contests can be! This was actually my first one ever. Believe it or not, I was quite nervous, aint that right, Summer?” The Bellossom nodded in response, “I think we both learned that stepping outside of our comfort zone can be challenging and rewarding. By observing my fellow contestants I was able to learn a lot about their pokemon too and how diverse this biome can be. I think we also had the opportunity to teach others that size and power aren’t everything. Knowing your strengths and utilizing them is important,” that wasn’t the best answer, but it was really all she could come up with at the time. Eva frowned, ready for the last one.

“Oh heck ya!” she said enthusiastically, “We got to experience an all-out battle royale, venture through the jungle, dance in a drum circle, ride some rapids, and jump off a waterfall! If all contests are like this, you can count us in!” Bellossom shrilled in agreement.

“Thanks a lot, y’all,” she smiled pleasantly at the judges and her fellow contestants. Eva brushed a wet piece of blonde hair off of her cheek, “This was a great event! Wouldn’t have been without all of your participation,” her gratitude was extended to her opponents as well, “We look forward to the next one!” she smiled happily, giving them a small curtsey before trotting off to join the other participants as they awaited the judges’ deliberations.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 15, 2021 4:15:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","tcbg"]

[attr="class","tcpic"]

[attr="class","tclyr"] ❝ i see your true colors
[attr="class","tclyrb"] ❝ i see your true colors

[attr="class","tcsub"] AND THAT'S WHY I LOVE YOU

[attr="class","notes"] rotten berries, 1st POV

[attr="class","tctag"] @biomecontest

[attr="class","tctext"] The final stage of the competition; a treasure hunt. There was a sense of excitement that welled inside my bones, the other stages of the competition personally didn’t entice me. However exploring the marvelous and expansive wilderness? That made things even more thrilling. Looking over towards Cypress, I gave the serperior a wide grin “Time to find those coins, Cy.” He also looked thrilled to take part in the search. Seeing how other contestants were once again quick to find them I knew it wasn’t going to be good to just stand around. Briefly glimpsing around I watched where other contestants went and decided to go the opposite direction. Treading carefully to not trip over the large mossy roots eventually we came across a small creak.
[break][break]
I easily crossed it thanks to the rocks that peaked out from the soft stirring waters. Spotting out some muddy footsteps, I figured that one of the contestants had a little fall during their search - it would be best to traverse further to look for coins. Nodding at Cypress who also supported the idea of going further - it wasn’t very long till we had stumbled upon a peaceful clearing. The lush meadows were filled with berry plants, my lips curled into a pleased smile. Crouching down to get a closer look at the berries most of them were nice and plump emitting a sweet aroma. There were some rotten berries that had fallen off, lying on the ground near the plants. Rowan didn’t mind to much, the smell wasn’t horrible and it was a given that some had to rot.
[break][break]
This looks promising, don’t you think?” Cypress responded with a swift nod, the serperior was quick to look around for any hidden away coins. I remained hopeful that there were some nearby, from looks of things no other contestant had came this way.
[break][break]
K_ZhYMDm

[break]
After scavenging around for a few minutes, a small sparkly object caught his attention. Upon closer examination it was one of the coins that he needed to find, “Alright! Just two more to go” Pocketing the coin Rowan looked towards Cypress, who was still busy trying to find some coins. “Don’t think there’s we’ll be finding anymore lets move on Cypress.” Rowan signaled with a wave of his hand, trying to determine where the two should venture next.
[break][break]
He figured that the best option would to continue north, and if there was nothing to be found he could always turn back. Standing back on his two feet Rowan advanced north, Cypress quickly following after him. Along the way he heard a subtle noise within the shrubbery Rowan quickly turned his head, witnessing a herd of deerling and sawbuck prancing through the tall grasses quickly vanishing right after Rowan had spotted them. The blooming pink buds reminding Rowan that spring was nearing, a whack from Cypress’s tail alerted Rowan to keep moving and to stop admiring the beautiflyas it gently sapped up some nectar from the nearby flowers.Eventually Rowan stumbled upon ancient ruins, his mouth agape once he laid eyes on them. “woow..” he uttered, completely captivated by the beauty of the ruins.
He entered them since he was curious what would be inside and figured it wouldn’t hurt checking if there had been any coins within them.
[break][break]
Before he went in to deep a sudden group of Zubat flew from the ruins, flying frantically and crying out loudly as they bounced off ancient walls. Rowan clasped his hands against his ears to protect them from the zubats high frequency cries, the group fluttered about before quickly flying in the opposite direction of Rowan. A small relieved sigh escaped him but he couldn’t help but wonder if he was the one that had made the zubat panic.. Putting the thought aside, Rowan continued his search in finding two coins.
[break]

Ancient Ruins, 3 pokemon spotted.
+10

[break]
Cypress approached Rowan with a shiny coin held in his mouth, with a bright smile he took it from Cypress. “Thanks buddy, that just leaves one more..” While he did want to explore more of the ruins, he couldn’t help but feel that time wasn’t on his side and that he should hurry and look for the final coin. “Let’s get out of here” Upon exiting the ruins, the faint smell of honey carried by a gentle breeze from the wind reached Rowan. He was enticed by the smell, but had other manners to handle - Rowan figured that he should start heading back to where the judges are. Hoping that he’ll find another coin on the way if he’s lucky.
[break][break]
Along the way back, Rowan smells the fresh scent of blooming flowers - inhaling a deep breath to appreciate in the relaxing scent of lavender plants. Thanks to the smell it managed to calm down some of his anxiety. The pair eventually find a beautiful mossy creek in their path. Stretching out his arms, Rowan figured that this could be another place where they can find their last coin. The stream gave off a lovely aroma, the crisp aroma of cold spring waterLets look around” He began to look around for anything sparkly, happy to be in such a location that emitted pure natural odors.
[break][break]

Unluckily there was no coin to be spotted, and Rowan moved on heading back where the judges had been waiting, feeling a little hopeless that he had failed the scavenger hunt - but the competition still had been good fun, he was glad that he had chosen to participate.

[newclass=.tcbg] padding:20px;background-color:#fff;border:1px solid #eee; [/newclass]

[newclass=.tclyr] font:24px times new roman;background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4, #C4C3C4);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent;text-align:left;font-style:italic;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.tclyrb] background:-webkit-linear-gradient(360deg, #24344b, #7597c5, #f7c3da, #ffbd8b, #ffe9ad);-webkit-background-clip: text;-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; transparent; font:24px times new roman;text-align:left;font-style:italic;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute; [/newclass]

[newclass=.tcsub] font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:right;padding:5px;background-color:#fff;margin-top:-15px;margin-right:-3px;float:right;[/newclass]

[newclass=.tcword] width:220px;background-color:transparent;position:absolute;-webkit-transition: ease 1s;font:14px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;font-weight:bold;text-transform:lowercase;margin-top:20px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.tctag] width:220px;background-color:transparent;opacity: 0; -webkit-transition: ease 1s;position:absolute;font:12px unna;color:#c0c0c0;text-align:center;margin-top:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctag a] font:14px unna;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=.tctext] width:100%;background-color:#fff;text-align:justify;line-height:11px;font:10px verdana;color:#999;margin-top:10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.tctext b] font:10px verdana;color:#74c365;font-weight:bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=.tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%); [/newclass]

[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcpic] -webkit-filter: grayscale(0%);transition: 1s ease-in-out;moz-filter: grayscale(0%);moz-transition: 1s ease-in-out; [/newclass]

[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyr] opacity:0 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tcword] opacity:0 [/newclass]

[newclass=.tcbg:hover .tclyrb] opacity:1 [/newclass] [newclass=.tcbg:hover .tctag] opacity:1 [/newclass]

[Googlefont=Unna]

·········
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 6:49:01 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Thankfully he didn’t have to search any further—despite two of the three tokens he was supposed to bring back having this rank, overripe, sickly sweet odor that made his insides clench.

Shit, maybe he should try disinfecting them first before handing them over? Hell, even his Tsareena was looking at most of the stuff she’d found with barely-disguised disgust. It was mostly the scent that was getting to her too.

“Let’s go, let’s get this back as soon as possible,” he said hurriedly, and the Tsareena didn’t need telling twice.

They were cutting it incredibly close (he had no idea how many other competitors were still searching or had already turned their coins in) but the moment he’d arrived back where the judges had congregated, well, he was cutting it close.

Knowing he wasn’t going to win the entire thing either way (there were way too many showboaters, what chance in hell did he have competing against them—especially ) his mind blanked when he realized there was a question and answer portion.

What was this, an actual beauty contest with all the human ladies parading around in who knew what they were wearing? Well…

He racked his thoughts for a few moments before finally plucking up the courage to answer. Screw it if he didn’t make it, he was here for the experience.

“To be honest, during Tsareena’s introduction—I’m not sure, but I did luck out with Caelia finding those Bounsweet and Steenee to inspire, show the world. Also, I’m not sure if raining leaves down on everyone else as a distraction tactic was ultimately wise,” he admitted, scratching the back of his head. “But she did what she had to.”

Okay, second question:

“As for what I learned—it’s to watch where you’re going! I believe there’s a Vileplume colony where I found two of these coins,” he continued, quickly placing two of the three coins on the judge’s table. “So sorry about the smell, but that’s where they turned up,” he added with an embarrassed noise.

“Also—learning to trust your instincts to search where your Pokémon lead you. Most of the time they know what’s right, even if we don’t pay attention and go against their wishes. This is especially true for the Tsareena line, they normally don’t like being bossed around, so I just let her do her thing, mostly. I only guide when absolutely needed.”

After letting the silence settle, well that third question he was tempted to answer in the most ironic way possible. However, this was his last chance to actually try, so…

“Me, personally? Yeah. As for her? Well, she would want to get cleaned up as soon as possible, so… please excuse us if she starts doing—“

Right then and there the Tsareena began releasing a combination of Sweet Scent and Aromatic Mist in an attempt to get rid of the pungent odor that hung around herself.

“Sorry.”

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 16:02:40 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

"Oho, so he's found the ancient temple..."

On the screen, @rowan was taking his first, uneasy steps into the crumbling ruins.

Unbeknownst to the contestants, Zac's trusty Minior cameramen had been keeping tabs on their progress throughout the final round. Like the ultimate reality show, the judges watched as Rowan and his Serperior fended off a swarm of Zubat and left the ruins again, one coin in hand.

It made for great entertainment. 

Chryssa lounged in her folding chair, giant head supported by two Zorua standing one on top of the other on the back of her seat. Ryssa had transformed back from the Liepard she'd been pretending to be during the second round, and she and Chy-T were now free to provide neck support at will while the girl enjoyed the live footage. 

She laughed heartily as she watched and Tsareena gagging in the grove of rotten berries, perilously close to what the camera showed was a Vileplume nest. She snapped her fingers in time with and her Rillaboom's sick banana-snatching beats as they sang their jungle song. She winced in anticipation as and Infernape bit down on the roots they'd ripped from the forest floor, then charged into the Durant nest-- and emerged victorious, holding not one, not two, but three coins for their efforts. 

When it came to , the girl leaned in to watch with fascination as the camera focused on the brutal scene he'd stumbled upon, baby Zangoose fur clumped in the Golbat's jaws. The empty nest. She could practically hear the cool, somber nature documentary narrator. Life and death-- the vicious, natural cycle of the jungle.

Here, as it was in real life, things weren't always fair. 

"I'll admit it, Zac," she said casually, "This is very fun. Your height is unsettling, but your knack for entertainment is exemplary." 

Case in point was . Chryssa had plotted that Comfey's signature twist on perspective would actually undermine Zac's plans. However the so-called Gym Leader had expected the challengers to solve his little riddles, Chryssa intended her Chosen One to defy it.

But she hadn't. Eva had taken the unique perspective and made it hers. If Senon had given them an ecology lesson, Eva had given them a sociology one. Chryssa had never put any thought into Pokemon culture before-- she assumed most people hadn't.

Speaking to the natives, joining their rituals... In the end, watching the so-called doctor and her Bellossom dance with the wild Pokemon felt like a rare sight neither taught in school nor often caught on camera.

"Exemplary," she echoed herself, then flicked a paper clip at Zac. "You could consider learning from this. If you keep treating  Pokemon like animals in the wild, they'll always act like them."

Chryssa threw a handful of jungle nuts and berries into her mouth like popcorn, which she crunched with great relish. She offered the bag to , then glanced over at .

Her eyes narrowed, then she smiled.

"It's time to pick a winner. Cast your votes."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 19:24:04 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug muttered some thanks as he absentmindedly grabbed the bag, his eyes focused on the screen.

Slouched back over his folding chair with his feet at the table, his usually volatile Scyther snoring while half of her body was draped over his lap, the youth cut a thoroughly lazy, uninvested silhouette, the narrowing of his eyes and the forward tilt of his head the only suggestions as to how seriously he was taking the task at hand.

And then Kaz got crushed by a fat Snorlax, cracking the youth wide open.

"Ya did make'em sign the waiver, right?" He said to between guffaws as he palmed a handful of fruit into his maw, the horror written over 's face as the blob descended upon him drawing a smile to the bugcatcher's lips.

He had to agree with . Er, mostly. Zac knew what he was doing- But his height was totally endearing too.

There were a few highlights, though what these were might differ for each judge.

Doug tilted his head curiously as somehow managed to gather together enough raw materials from the jungle and his own pokemon to improvise a healing salve.

"That's pretty cool." He said, nodding. "Almost makes up for the fact he didn't even use my boon, the ingrate. Almost."

Totally seriously mad about it. No, really. Really.

The never before seen on film cultural exchange between and the Jungle's locals was enough to make him lean forward and almost disturb his sleeping Scyther, a wide grin stretching over his lips as he stared. A party? In the Jungle? With only pokemon? Making their own music and engaging in their own rituals together with pokemon of entirely different species?

"I've seen somethin' like that before..." He said, grinning as he remembered an old outing with . "Kinda? Some Oranguru had a bunch o' pokemon steal pokeballs from trainers, make a battlefield for it and also play music during battle with trainers."

He hadn't gotten to witness anything anywhere near as extensive nor complex as what was shown in Eva's footage, however.

The rest came and went for the youth.

He got some laughs out of and Tsareena's encounter with a nearby Vileplum colony's feeding grounds, and nodded appreciatively as and Rilaboom carefully handled the defenseless eggs in order to reach one of their coins.

He even sighed when the time ran out before @rowan managed to find a last coin. Very unfortunate for the youth; he had been doing so well by finding those ruins.

"Right." He said, clapping his hands before casually shoving Kama off his lap, the Scyther releasing an undignified yelp as it slid off. "I'll shoot first, then. Here's how I rank 'em-"

TAG: @

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 2:29:30 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

BIOME BADGE GYM CHALLENGE - JUNGLE

ROUND 3 - RESULTS

HIGHLIGHTS

Zac, Chryssa and Doug returned from viewing the highlights, and took their spots at the judging table for the final announcement. 
    "I'm really proud of you," Zac said, to the assembled contestants. "Each of you has shown great aptitude for using the environment, and put on a wonderful performance."     

WINNER

CONGRATULATIONS!

"Every contest needs a winner, and today we are crowning the winner of the Jungle Biome Contest!",
Zac said, his smile as warm as the jungle sun as he gestured over to the doctor. 
    "You showed us complete mastery of the forest floor, utilizing every aspect imaginable. These contests are a place for your Pokemon to shine, and display their innate capabilities on home turf, and I couldn't have asked for more."
    Zac pulled up some of the footage, showing a series of clips of Eva's time in the contest. A Sunny Day boosted Summer running through the undergrowth. Dancing in a drum circle and receiving the coin from a Liepard. Navigating the wild river on the makeshift raft.

"You knew your niche, you stuck to it, and when you had to deviate, you made sure you were in control. Making a living raft out of vines controlled by Bellossom was an inspired way to stretch Summer's influence into an unfamiliar zone, and real proof that the jungle is her domain. You two bloody nailed it every step of the way." 
    Amidst the cheering, Zac walked over and placed a crown on Eva's head. The crown was set with a Biome Badge, which could be easily removed if preferred. "There's no doubt in my mind as to who here is the monarch of the jungle."         

Eva has been awarded the Biome Badge! 
She also receives the Jungle Crown! 
It gives a +100 Cred bonus to any conversations about who is King or Queen of the jungle! 

She is invited to help judge the next biome contest!

has generously provided a tray of delicious, biome themed baked goods as an additional prize! There are jungle jam drops, coconut macaroons, river mud brownies, and cookies shaped like colorful, poisonous frogs

BADGES

"I would also like to highlight the exceptional biome usage by two contestants in particular."

" . As expected from such a seasoned ranger, your usage of the biome was exemplary. In your quest for the coins you searched through every cave crack, under every rock, and through every pile of guano." Zac said, flashing a grin at the fellow redhead. "And as it should be, those who do the dirty work get rewarded." 
    "Your answers touched on why we use native biomes, and it was spot on. Dose was perfect for the biome, he made it his own, and he certainly put on an outstanding showing." Zac nodded in respect at Dose, before looking over at the second Croagunk that Senon had brought. "Nothing happens in a vacuum, and you made wonderful usage of your opponents through every round of the competition. Dose is half fighting type after all, and you brought that aspect of him to the forefront again and again. Congratulations!"

Zac awarded the Biome Badge!

" . It was a bold move of you to bring such a versatile Pokemon to the contest, but you made it work. What I was looking for was that precise, controlled fire usage, and you really crushed it every time." Zac nodded to himself. "That second round opener, with Amazon Pendulum," he closed his eyes, reminiscing. "The way that Majima spun around the tree using his flame wheel was just..." He pointed up at the nearby tree, which still bore the scorched 'tire' marks of the display "For me that singular moment was the highlight of the competition. It felt practiced. It felt natural. It was the perfect fusion of your Pokemon's unique abilities and dynamic biome usage. Anyone looking for a shining example of how to use the environment should look no further. Congratulations, mate!" 

Zac awarded  the Biome Badge!

THANK YOU

A big thanks to everyone who participated in the Biome Contest - Jungle! It was amazing to see such spectacular creativity and stellar writing. 

@rowan

And a big thanks to the guest judges and , who helped the contest run smoothly, as well as adding their own flair to the proceedings. 

Anyone with a Biome Badge is eligible for a spot on the judging table in future contests, so contact me on Discord if you are interested!

Keep an eye out for the next Biome Contest - Cave

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2021 3:30:59 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]
[break][break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
[break][break] @rowan