thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
identity [c]
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2021 20:21:55 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
It's not long after his return from Route 113 that Gavin calls Rocket's upper echelon to a debrief in one of the board rooms. From a window to the ocean above, Lugia watches, its red eyes a spotlight in the water's gloom. Its avatar, still new to his power and adjusting to its intensity, exhales miasma with his slow, steady breaths. In the aftermath of disaster, he is frighteningly calm. He has been bracing himself for this eventuality for a long time.

"As most of you know, I led an operation in Route 113, just east of Fallarbor." He can picture it vividly still, the explosion of verdant energy around bleached bark, startling against ashen landscape. "Our mission was to secure the tree that had grown there, believed to be of Xerneas in origin; and we succeeded." His lip quirks, proud. "But it wasn't without consequence."

He pictures, too, the fragile body of on rain-soaked soil, regret stirring in the pit of his stomach. He had stayed in the medical bay until she seemed stable.

He blinks, slow. "Yveltal appeared shortly into our efforts." Above, Lugia lets out a rippling, frustrated sound. "To protect myself, the tree, and our agents, Lugia and I were forced to act. There was no intention to harm others present so long as they didn't interfere with our mission, but we all know the League often assaults what it doesn't understand." His lip curls with contempt as he thinks of @chloe. "As I was forced to show my hand, I expect Lugia's existence and allegiance will be widely known to the League within short order."

He has stayed hidden from them for years, but he does not seem afraid of this new development. If anything, he seems angry, a muted rage radiating from his stoic figure.

"I intend to withdraw any illusion of cooperation with the League. If they're going to hunt for me, let them." His teeth flash, sharp. "As Rocket's elite, you're all deserving of that knowledge."

At Eris' bedside, he'd prepared a skeletal report on the events under the tree; his Porygon-Z stirs to life in the center of the table as it's uploaded.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
identity [c]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 1:48:13 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

Even if the Underboss had not called the meeting, Dorian Westcliff would've found himself making a trip to the med bay. When he heard that little Eris was injured in the line of duty, he had to make his way over. The fact that a child had gotten herself hurt was unacceptable to him. How could they let her end up partaking in such a dangerous operation? Why wasn't he there to protect her? These questions haunted the Mad Dog.

Dorian listened to the Underboss, taking in every word he had to say. Now that he was a known Avatar, things would be much harder for him. But the moment Yveltal was brought up, Dorian's eyebrow perked up. The God of Death was siding with the League? Why? Wouldn't Rocket have made a better fit for the Reaper, considering how much death they'd already racked up under Silas, and would've no doubt racked up once they were in control?

"First of all, let me just extend my generosity to you, sir. If you're ever in Rustboro, and need a place to lay low, or just get a drink, my humble little club is always open to you.", he would tell the Underboss.

"Now, you said that Yveltal intervened, attacked us? When did the League secure Yveltal? According to what we know about the A.Q.U.A. Initiative, therefore the Avatars sponsored by the League, an Avatar for Yveltal isn't one of them. You think this is a recent alliance? Or you think that Yveltal's Avatar has been holding out on the League?", Dorian inquired, getting his pressing concerns out of the way.

tags:
notes: tl;dr

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
identity [c]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 3:48:58 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin dips his head in acceptance of the generosity, then shakes it as continues.

"Yveltal didn't just attack Rocket. It attacked everyone." Had there been enough time, he'd have liked to take pictures of the destroyed Route 113 for S.P.E.C.T.R.A. "It was after the tree, presumably. While Lugia attempted to hold it off, some fool girl ordered her Pokémon to attack it in spite of us showing no sign of aggression toward anything but Yveltal."

In comparison to Yveltal's devastating blows, the Drampa's attack had been like the bite of a flea. But it was the principal of it, that someone would dare attack his patron without reason, that infuriated the underboss.

"That is what I meant about the League. I'm afraid I know little of Yveltal's motives."
close tab

played by

castaway

the wolf
she/her
thirty
october 30
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual demi-romantic
rocket beast
beast
Are you strong enough to stand protecting both your heart and mine?
awards
1,571 posts
Emma Wolfe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @wolfe
Emma Wolfe
identity [c]
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 1:06:41 GMT
Emma Wolfe Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-em]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
rocket headquarters

[attr=class,lyric1]
never be more than a wolf

[attr=class,lyric2]
at your door

[attr=class,bulk]
It isn't the people in the room that makes her skin crawl, but the watchful, malevolent gaze of the God that lingered above. Even here she could feel its intensity, the spill of its red glow able to see them, to study them. She remains silent during Gavin's report, studying the man quietly while he admits their successes and their faults. [break][break]

She knew of the little girl that lay in critical condition in the infirmary, and of the lengths Gavin had gone to ensure her recovery. It sat heavy in her chest, and it once again brought to the surface just how fucked up all of this was. [break][break]

"It seems as though the League is not as all-powerful as they believe they are. I assume they are just as horrified by what happened as we are."[break][break]

[break]

notes: ....

[attr=class,punkianger-emcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-em .accentbg"]background: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .accentborder"]border-color: #313131;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a, .punkianger-em .bulk b, .punkianger-em .bulk i, .punkianger-emcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/CKsGxpR/emma1.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #313131; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-em .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-emcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-emcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
identity [c]
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 14:34:22 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"As they should be," Gavin insists, lip curling. "Doesn't give them an excuse to attack the one with the best chance at stopping the damn thing."

There's a certain arrogance to him with his newfound power, not unwarranted after his display on Route 113. Yet for all his strengths, he'd have perished with the rest of them if the tree hadn't worked its magic against Yveltal's devastating blow. It was humbling in the worst way.

The sharpness in his gaze softens as it shifts to his partner — fiancée, now, he supposed. The thought tickles him still.

"The League's power was concentrated elsewhere, so I've heard. Choi's excursion wasn't nearly as fruitful as ours." Now, he doesn't seem proud. There's an undercurrent of concern in the furrow of his brow. "Silph and Ramsay were there."

Two Avatars of the Tapu, both affiliated under the League.
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,579 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
identity [c]
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 14:54:42 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e had been mostly quiet; he was still tired both physically and mentally after his own excursion. He was listening, don't doubt that, but mostly his attention had been on reading over the report that had just shown them. Something like a headache had been blooming in the very base of his skull since having come in here- which was distracting.

"Some stories say Yveltal and Xerneas are rivals. Some brothers. Some lovers. Some all three." If the tree was connected to Xerneas, it wasn't a far reach that Yveltal would be interested, at least. But, they still couldn't guess why. His voice was a little flat, without his normal pep, as he focused more on reading than conversation.

At the mention of his own excersion, he glances up at fully focus, lips curling into a scowl.

"My mission was a shitshow from start to finish. Bombs going off, people going crazy, more bombs going off, demigods fighting..." He sighs and shakes his head, looking back at his tablet and scrolling through the report once again. He would have questions, but for later.

"I, for one, will be more than happy to see you go apeshit, Gav."
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
identity [c]
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 15:09:40 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
is uncharacteristically quiet, but Gavin expects it after what he'd been through. They found crystals inside me. If he pictures the other, he pictures the broken glass smile.

He turns his attention to his counterpart to see a different image, of Choi tired and irritable but without that haunted look.

"We'll take measures in hopes it doesn't happen like that again." The reason for the first explosion remained a mystery, and Gavin hated that. He believed Chu-e when he said he hadn't set them off, but he also believed Katherine if only because of Silph's proximity to the blast. In the footage they'd caught, the two had been closer than he'd liked.

"I still intend to be cautious," he amends, "but consider my resources at your disposal should you need them." His gaze flicks upward, to the underwater portal from where his patron watches. Red eyes blink back, slow. "Our resources."
close tab

played by

Psi

Sharp
He/Him
Twenty-Six
November 17th
Lavaridge
Bisexual
Head I.E Engineer
Head Scientist
Ah.
awards
291 posts
Miles Sharp DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @miles
Miles Sharp
identity [c]
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 18:07:29 GMT
Miles Sharp Avatar
Miles was the most recent addition to the table of elites and the pressure of what could be seen as the closest thing this planet had to a corrupted god surfing the waves directly above them helped his nerves none. Not including the additional stress, the assortment of elites added to the situation.

had called the meeting to discuss the successes and failures of his latest mission, one that according to the report he'd been scrolling through silently had gone fairly well if not for the injuries of a particular young grunt who currently lied in the ICU. Miles made a note to deliver an assortment of treats to the little later, despite knowing little about her otherwise.

Following his intense read-through of the report via his own tablet he'd finally comment after following 's eager response to the avatar's future moves.

"Perhaps it's not my place to say Gavin, as I'm out of my vein, but if you plan to reveal your allegiance to the world I have an assortment of information that may help swing more of the public to our side. Your accomplishments for the region alone are more than noteworthy, and in my recent venture to Fortree, I acquired some information that while useless to our Infinity Energy ventures still holds value to the region as a whole." If there was ever a time to speak on the little gained from that operation it was now.

"I believe the research we gathered from the secret base guild can be used to build an assortment of homes and shelters for those displaced by the battles Hoenn has suffered through. Particularly in the areas surrounding Slateport. If you were to reveal say an initiative to use that information to help rebuild and create alongside your official separation from the league you'd A maintain your status in the region and add credence to Rocket. Needless to say, you'd have my full support." He'd turn a hand to the man, "Again this is only a suggestion from one outside his realm of expertise." He's careful not to step on toes of which there are many.
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,843 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
identity [c]
POSTED ON May 3, 2021 6:31:15 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's attention shifts to the newest of their elite, , cool gaze lingering as he speaks. The underboss interjects, "By all means: you were invited, so you've got as much say as anyone else in this room."

He may have been green, but his skill and intellect must have appealed to Walsh if he'd been promoted so soon into his tenure.

A soft huff of almost-laughter escapes his lips at the praise. "No more than any other who fought in the war, but I see your point." Cavalli, as the League knew him, had built a positive reputation among the League, however minor his accomplishments might seem when weighed against their own elite.

"An altruistic goal," he muses as he considers Sharp's pitch. The displaced citizens of the League were no doubt resentful of their government for failing to provide, and if Rocket could step in where they had failed... "I can see the potential benefits for Rocket. If we can get Walsh's approval, I'm not above exploiting my alias before it's burned. Forward your research to me, when you can, and I'll take a look."
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,347 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
identity [c]
POSTED ON May 5, 2021 2:57:08 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
She watched from a corner, still having a tendency to keep far from her brother on the submarine during meetings so that their similarities better ran under the radar. She’d already heard this news, but his anger did not get old. Only having known Rocket’s for less than a year, she’d never seen this—whatever this was. How much of his rage was from Yveltal and the League? How much of what was coming through his eyes was actually lingering from Galar? How much of that person she'd known in Galar even still lingered in him at all?

Her stomach knotted as the attention shifted to that of her own mission. People going crazy.

She still couldn’t place why she’d done it. After much research following the incident, and with all of the strange things that had been going on with her memories, research had been done investigating symptoms of PTSD. She’d never known much about it. Lulu had now self-diagnosed herself, and had wrapped up her shooting spree to the result of a violent flashback.

It was all her fault. She was, as had put it, crazy.

Mad scientist, right? Yeah. Maybe that was it. And on top of it, the mission had been a total botch. By not securing the energy source, she’d failed not only Rocket, but more specifically, .

She swallowed, thoroughly hurt by everything at once but not showing it. If anything, she blinked a little less, in a dissociative daze. It was hearing her colleague  ’s words which brought her again to the present. Fucking bleeding heart. Her eyes shifted between him and her brother, gauging his reaction.

Lulu had nothing to say, because she was only here for appearances. And, it would seem that she’d forgotten that, because she was not doing a very good job at looking surprised.

close tab

played by

Tagger

Mad Dog of Rocket
he/him/his
May 8
Pyrite Town, Orre
Heterosexual
Night Club Owner
Executive
Marionette Accardo
Taken
6'00" height
6'00" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
688 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dorian
dorian westcliff
identity [c]
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 2:52:23 GMT
dorian westcliff Avatar

"Interesting.", Dorian remarked. "Still, even if it's not affiliated with the League, I think it should should still be counted as an enemy. If Yveltal won't side with us willingly, then it must be destroyed, or subjugated!", Dorian replied to Gavin. All Pokemon existed for the glory of Rocket, and the so-called gods of life and death were no exception.

"You know anything about the Avatar, by any chance? If they're not League affiliated, then there's a chance for them to join us. As for convincing Yveltal to aid us, I don't think that should be much of a problem.", Dorian continued, a sinister grin manifesting on his face. It was clear that the gears in the Mad Dog's head were turning. If there was anything the man appreciated, it was wanton violence. And he assumed that Yveltal would be on board with mass death, even if it had to wait for Rocket to position itself just right.

But until then, there was plenty of opportunity for bloody battles with the League.

tags:
notes: tl;dr