Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,938 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
greyson plotter.
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 19:13:52 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

greyson connors

intro + with my character greyson on the beginnings of a journey, it seems to be the ripe time to figure out some ways to ingrain him more into the region and its never-ending resource: it's people. i've never been good at these, so if you have any questions/comments/concerns, please just dm me.

about + greyson is your average twenty-something man that is just trying to find his place in the world. recommended to become apart of 'league' by his father, who served a minor role and enjoyed the benefits, he decides to give it the ol' college try. he has a deep appreciation for nature, to include a general fascination in the world around him. because of this, he teeters heavily on the edge of considering to apply for a position with the rangers. still, he's aloof, naïve and very indecisive and has yet to actually put effort into any single one direction. for now, he's actively pursuing any chunk of the world he can carve out for himself, whether that be aspirations to be a gym leader, elite four member, or just a guy who collects honey from his future vespiqueen/combee hive(s).

friends + oof. greyson needs friends. none of the friendships from his teenage years survived adulthood, with the inevitably of them leaving to live their own lives, while greyson had to be more of a homebody and 'hold the house down' so to speak. with his father working locally, and his mother in better health, he finally gets to go and do the things he has been missing all these years. which means he's lost, aimless and in desperate need of help and guidance. he sees the many pathways his life can take but reaching out and grasping one seems all the more difficult each time he tries. as for the type of person to vibe with him? really anyone. he's optimistic and will attempt to see the good in anyone. short of witnessing them purposefully harm someone or something, that is. because of this, he will likely try to fit into a specific mold in someone's life, careful of straying out of some deep rooted anxiety. overall, he's just probably not the best with people.

relationships + good luck. greyson is dense, kind of fidgety and an overthinker. a good guy at heart, but sabotages himself constantly.

rivals/enemies + greyson is competitive and more than eager to rise to a challenge. rivals are more likely than enemies, though with a bleeding heart and a twitching compulsion to always help, even if its just "hey man, you look lost, need some help?" it's a given that there are ways to get onto his bad side. overall, someone to push him to complete his goals or just to compare himself to (friendly-ey) would be great.

mentorship + someone who's well carved in their own path, whether that be in the league, rangers, aspiring champions or more are more than welcome. seeing others down a road he is considering traveling, and how they are/do would be insightful for greyson. because he has no clear path as of yet, all avenues can be explored.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
greyson plotter.
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 19:41:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

sup greyson! welcome to the site! lovely app and an even lovelier plotter. i adore how extensive it is.

fernando can be kind of hard to work with plotwise but if you’re looking for a mentor i think we could squeeze something out. because of fernando’s social circle they’re meeting would be coincidental but we can have repeated encounters be the tether for their relationship.

fernando is slateport’s gym leader and that can always be a ‘free space’ on plotting bingo to make an easy bridge. it would be a great way for him to be introduced to the culture of hoenn’s gym challenge and we can flex how we want them to proceed based off their interaction. fern can be both incredibly charming or a huge dick based off dialogue so i’m open to enemy or friend.

that being said, i think there are many characters that can help you plot much better than i can. if you need any help reaching out or getting something off the ground just let me know!
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
greyson plotter.
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 20:33:29 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Aha, I see you’re interested in the Rangers.

An idea I have, potentially when you’ve decided that your character would go down the path of joining the Rangers, is meeting one of the two Heads that run around the place constantly.

Lars here is basically one of the two Head Rangers, however he very much prefers being out in the field. Position is just a bonus to him, he prefers doing work and action to sitting in an office and dealing with a mountain of paperwork

(which, hilariously at the end of the day he always seems to get stuck with because he has everyone send in their reports and he has to go through them without end just to make sure shit stays where it is)

If you want suggestions for Ranger-like missions, there are quite a lot to look over: sparkling spawning / poke punch-drunk / blocks your path / I wanna be like you-oo-oo

Or if you want to do any other mission as long as it involves seeing the Rangers in action, I’m fine with joining you for whatever you want to do!

Should you have Discord, I’m reachable at Nejibana#0420 (much quicker to communicate with fellow members should you have a Discord) should you want to talk more about these ideas!
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,938 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
greyson plotter.
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 21:11:27 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

thanks for reaching out and for the warm welcome!

i can see what you mean with the difficulty. greyson, and myself, sees that fernando is a whale while greyson is still working his way out of the fish bowl. i can see greyson viewing the man as a titan in his industry, peaked at the summit of a mountain he's yet to even climb. greyson definitely intends on challenging the gym (though, maybe with a little more experience under his belt) and could use that experience as a means to both learn how to be a better trainer, but also help carve his path a little better. that, i think could easily play into some sort of on-going mentorship. it'd also allow greyson a chance to see how maybe the politics of hoenn are at work and dip his toe a bit.

whether friends or enemies would be interesting. greyson could see it as a david vs goliath. upper vs middle class. small picture vs big. but i think, the way greyson is right now, he is incredibly susceptible to his environment and it could definitely go either way.

i'd be more than happy to pick something up at/after a gym battle, or, a series of random coincidences. i'd love that, until greyson steps into the mans office or sees a billboard with his face on it, he'd think fern is just a regular joe and wouldn't treat him any differently. really play into his naivety.

eventually i'd like greyson to be someone to shake the hoenn region. a name that commands respect because he's earned it much like fern seems to be. in a way, greyson would look at fern's impossibly high summit and want to climb higher.

when it comes to joining the rangers, i feel he'll need significant guidance/examples of reasons why he would want/should join. i'd be on board with threading up into a mission involving rangers, and watching laurence in action. greyson is a bleeding heart and would be easily moved by rescue attempts, seeing the misfortunate, etc. he'd need to see how the rangers work, their politics, and everything else before he decides to commit to it.

i'm dipping my feet into the mission system now, but once that's over i can reach out and see about doing another? he's under the guidance of a league member now and could rp/ic a reason that he's being shifted around departments while he's still technically a cadet to gain his bearings and his purpose.

sorry, if i'm rambling. i'm definitely interested in doing something to define/solidify any interest he may have in the rangers.

and thank you for reaching out as well!

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
greyson plotter.
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 21:26:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

sounds like a plan! feel free to take your time with how you want to proceed. that being said, oocly, i would recommend getting your battle out of the way now while my queue is open. if you’re worried about his experience you can always have him come and lose and then revisit to show his growth. if you do that, i’ll have fernando show up in person for his second go around.

it sounds like greyson is very flexible and his limits are endless. i’m very excited to see what path he ends up taking, for better or worse.

and i’m a sucker for a rise to power. fern’s seen people come and go, personally putting a stake into some to make sure they rise. i think it’d be fun if greyson becomes one of those people with time.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
greyson plotter.
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 4:34:31 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah to greyson

welcome, greyson! your writing is gorgeous and how you've developed this character. i definitely want to help reach the highs of pkmn roleplay with your character and help cement him in the world further.

noah might be the best fit? i'd say so. i think the league right now needs some ambitious characters, and i can see greyson, with his past tempered by loss and rocket, forging his place here as the site narrative intensifies.

noah has moved from kanto to johto and then to hoenn because of rocket. consequently, he's lost a lot of people too. i can see them instantly having a connection, which can allow them to pursue either a friendly rivalry (or just friends tbh) and/or a mentorship relationship too despite noah's younger age. he's the current gym leader of verdanturf and it would be fine to have greyson not know who he is until much later.

we can have them meet on the go in a duo wild thread if you'd like, or we can even do this mission (x) with the idea that it's ranger sanctioned volunteer work. maybe they're just moving some baby pokemon from one area to another to rescue them from a fire/natural event/swarm of aggressive pokemon.

OR they could be training machop at noah's gym and he's requested help.

super sorry for the less than eloquent plotter post, but i hope this helps get some ideas going!

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,938 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
greyson plotter.
POSTED ON May 11, 2021 16:19:14 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

i was considering challenging the gym with more/stronger pokemon, but, i think there is more character development in losing first (after a good bout of course.) i think shattering the expectation that he'd win first try would be good for him. i think i'll sign up for the gym after all.

i'd love to judge his growth through intermitment battles with fern (after the 2nd gym challenge), too. nothing scheduled or anything, just the idea of fighting such a powerful figure and constantly doing better each time kinda thing.

but no rush or anything. greyson has time to see how it all grows.

hey, thank you so much! i'm happy you've taken an interest.

i like both ideas you've offered. mentorship / friendship and rivalry. i think any good friendship is built on a little level of competitiveness. age aside, the fact noah is an accomplished gym leader would be more than impressive to greyson. furthermore, it'd probably fire greyson up (and give him a little fomo feelings) to know someone younger than him has accomplished all that he has. i'd like to see how they develop in character.

i'd love to do either a dual-wild or a mission. adorable baby pokemon would fill up greyson's camera roll. i think eventually he'll come to noah for a gym challenge. test his growth. that is, if he ever figures out noah is a gym leader (short of noah telling him).

i'm available when you are!
close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,513 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
greyson plotter.
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 1:25:25 GMT
noah faber Avatar

noah to greyson

yesss! i'd love to explore that fomo tension too while noah is unaware. i'll start a thread for us soon! i think i may make the mission first— and after we clear that, we can head into a duo wild thread if you'd like. i'll make sure to tag you when i create the thread.

excited to see how it goes!!

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
greyson plotter.
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 1:45:07 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

hey there! i've been eyeing you and your character for a while and honestly still don't really know how to approach for a plot because am super, super awkward at first and the whole plotting thing has always been a challenge. head empty no thoughts until something clicks.

BUT that is why i'm here anyway!! because i am positive we can find something to click.

i play a lot of character-- too many, probably-- but that means there are a lot of options for character personality and stuff! let's start with stormy though, as she's easily my most developed character. and i actually see quite a bit of similarity between these two! stormy came to hoenn lost, aimless, without a direction or a goal other than she knew that she wasn't enough. she lost her parents when rocket took over kanto and she has fought tooth and nail to get to where she is now. she knew she had to be better, to do better, and to overcome all of her hardships. however, despite how hard she's worked and how far she's come, she still has a serious self-image issue. she's considered a hero and yet she doesn't really believe it herself.

it's been an uphill battle of convincing herself that she's doing her best, i guess is how i see it??

but outside of that, she is bold, more than a little arrogant, too stubborn for her own good, and she cares. she came to hoenn to save it, but it saved her! she works as a ranger, too, when she isn't caught up in elite 4 stuff. so if he's looking for someone to give him a good slap on the back to kick him into gear, i'm sure she's more than willing to do just that! shes genuinely really friendly and easy to get along with and knows how to have fun. she's a little rougher around the edges these days maybe because of all of the war and aliens and stuff- but that's old news now and they're onto chasing groudon i guess. hahaha.

i think stormy could fit any sort of niche that greyson might need. she could be a friend, a teacher, a rival! and if he's a green thumb, maybe he can teach her a thing or two. looking after plants isn't exactly her strong suit!

feel free to dm me if you'd like! i have plenty more to talk about if you're interested. i feel like i rambled the whole time and gave nothing of real substance lsdjfls. you can also check out my plotter here. it's not totally updated and i should really do that as i have a few characters that aren't on there -- oops! but its mostly done!

i'm super SUPER excited to hear back from you, your writing is so nice and i'd love love love to collaborate with you!!
close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
2,938 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
greyson plotter.
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 3:00:56 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar

hey back! i too was peeking a bit at yours. don't worry, it's okay. i'm equally bad at all aspects of plotting.

there is definitely a lot to stormy. elite four. moltres avatar (though i'm not sure what that means, really). ranger. war hero. titan of a name. i love her personality, and even more so the fact she still doesn't believe what others see in her. greyson's heart would break at hearing about her parents, with how much effort he's put into his own. i could easily see stormy as fitting all three of those things (friend, competition, mentor) with how much she has accomplished despite the odds.

much like the gym leaders, he'd look to her as a source of comparison. to test and see his own growth. and oh man i'd love to officially challenge her one day too on the path to champion!

i'm okay with threading for anything (though i don't want to run too many missions at one time). dual-wilds, social threads, etc. my schedule is open and i'm down to thread anytime. depending on their interaction we can see how we go from there?

thanks for reaching out, i'm equally excited!
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
greyson plotter.
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 3:24:05 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar

Yes! Absolutely, anything! I'm super flexible and willing to do just about anything at any pace you'd prefer. I'm the type to post 15 times a day or a couple times a month bc I'm absorbed in video games and sleeping all day. If you don't mind kickstarting something for us, I would be thrilled to just dive in and see what happens.

I'm so excited!

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
greyson plotter.
POSTED ON May 14, 2021 16:45:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar

sounds good. i’m down for both! could be just coincidental encounters that help build rapport and his reputation. while he doesn’t show it, the development and growth of trainers is a very important matter for fern as long as he can stomach their personality.

feel free to post in the gym thread located here under silph badge: pkmn-hoenn.boards.net/board/113/gyms

sorry that the thread is a bit outdated. i’ve been revamping it but kind of slow too.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,005 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
greyson plotter.
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 2:32:01 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
hello again! i really like the way you write and i'm excited to write more with you so i come with more plots...

&
i take it from reading her app that she'd be interested in working with avatars? if so, theo's currently recruiting for MAGMA, an initiative in rocket involving avatars (we can talk more about it in our pms), but i figure theo could reach out to recruit her in. i think this'll give her a chance to get first hand experience with working with avatars, as well as shoehorn her into the thick of rocket plots.

this'll give you a chance to plot with people like and and — who are all amazingly written characters! and their players are pretty nice sometimes, too.

--

&
i imagine this will be more chill in comparison to the above but would be still fun to write out! i was thinking the two of them could have been childhood friends as they both grew up in oldale. maybe even bffs pog? but danny left around 17/18 for university outside of hoenn and just returned, so maybe we can have them catch up after they grew apart?

let me know what you think!
close tab

played by

greyson

nat
she/her
twenty-six
july sixteenth
wyndon city
pansexual
biochemist
irrelevant
workaholic
23 height
23 height
awards
112 posts
part of
TAG WITH @natalie
natalie fairchild
greyson plotter.
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 3:00:21 GMT
natalie fairchild Avatar
hello! thanks for reaching out. your writing is incredibly clean and you can feel the tension! its really good.

that would be lovely. i've been loosely tracking the many threads you lot have been in and have come to truly appreciate all of your writing styles. natalie is one hundred percent down to do anything with avatars. she's itching to get her hands on one- dead or alive- and i would definitely like a more personal recruitment to solidify that idea with the 'bosses'. though she isn't interesting in rocket's usual dealings of violence and chaos, anything to further her research is a big bonus. i'll message you!

greyson is in desperate need for friends. i have something similar with and maybe they could have an old-friend friendship thing? greyson definitely is a little bit out of it, having left for his own adventure so many years behind others, so there would definitely be a lot to catch up on. i like it. let's see what we can do.
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights