4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
taking a break
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 23:01:00 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
so, i have tried really hard not to have to do this, and i wish i could have caught up on all my threads first, but i think it's just necessary for me right now.

school has been exhausting, and now that i'm on the other end of it, i feel very depressed kind of out of the blue. additionally, my confidence in my writing here has been been deteriorating, and i don't feel i quite fit in as much as i did at one time maybe. i don't really know how to describe why or how in an open setting, but i do love all of you.

i will be around to make occasional posts in order to hopefully maintain lulu's canon positions, and to hopefully keep up with my ships / like-ships, but all other posts will likely be very scarce. i'm sorry to all of my thread partners and friends. i will be back, i promise. i think i just need a few weeks.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,887 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
taking a break
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 23:07:23 GMT
shiv Avatar
sometimes you just need a break after an intense event/period/etc.! i don't think you're not fitting in- but that may just be a self-perceived side effect of having been so busy and not being around as much. no worries!

take your time to rest so you avoid the burnout! both for school and for creative hobbies. \o/ see you around!
close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
head scientist
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,725 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
taking a break
POSTED ON May 14, 2022 23:45:53 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar
you may be right! it also may be that the member count is expanding all the time and i do a pretty poor job at keeping up with meeting new people. could be many things. a lot of it is likely just me.

after admitting all this, i honestly feel pretty awkward, so if i'm scarce on disc too that's why. ty all for understanding! <3
close tab

played by

Azul

Mars | Tuesday
He/Him
August 4th
Canalave City, Sinnoh
Bi / Demiro
POG Bank CEO
Underboss
Veni. Videre. Vincam.
awards
4,525 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mars
Martín del Mar
taking a break
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 5:10:20 GMT
Martín del Mar Avatar
I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well :( Do what's best for you, Mad ♡ Your mental health always comes first, and sometimes a break is really helpful. Hoenn will always be here, no need to push yourself!

Sending all the good vibes ♡
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
taking a break
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 8:53:09 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
take a good break, mad! you deserve it after busting your butt!

and i just want to reassure that you're not the only one who gets those feelings of not fitting in and waning confidence in writing. i know i get them. i think it's one of those things most of us creatives experience (even if we don't talk about them!)

but you're an amazing writer and i know a lot of people here think you're awesome/love writing with you.

be kind to yourself. take some time to rest. we're not going anywhere! <3
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
taking a break
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 12:52:05 GMT
skyler dross Avatar
i feel like we've all been there, at least once, when it comes to writing. it's an unfortunate side effect of having something creative as a hobbie (no matter how much you love it, burn out is a thing). take the time to rest and maybe give yourself the opportunity to do other things you like in the meanwhile.

we'll all be here whenever you come back :) speaking for myself, i can say that you're one of my favorite people to rp with (even if it takes me a while to reply whoops) and it genuinely always makes me excited whenever i get a post from you - and, like myself, loads of other people here feel the same way.

take care of yourself, mad! <3

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times