6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Bumbling Romp [DW/Elise]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2023 21:28:24 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
As part of the preparation for his Champion Assessment, and as the Raikou of his dreams pushed him to do, Josh started rerunning Gyms he had not yet completed the battle challenges of. The difference between official challenges and these battles would he would impose, or have the Gym Leader impose, a significant handicap upon him. His first would be with Fortree's Gym Leader, , whom he never formally battled.

He had another battle to fight, too, and that was with one of his greatest fears had asked him to overcome as part of his development as an Elite Ranger. On the outskirts of Mauville Bay heading into the thick rainforests of the patrol route he frequented when he was a much lower rank, he trembled while holding King Zing's Poké Ball in his hand. With skin tingling, Josh clicked its switch, the energetic, saddled, giant wasp flying out of the Ball with loudly buzzing wings that prompted the Gym Leader to cover his ears. The impatient bug-type swerved about before landing next to Josh, blinking his red compound eyes, and pointing one of his foreleg stings toward his saddle.

Understanding a bit more about his Pokémon now, Josh knew King Zing wasn't one to tolerate hesitation. This time, though, he put in earplugs before sitting on the stinging insect's back, holding her reins in an idle position and waiting for him to take off. Not willing to tolerate his impatience any longer, the Beedrill raised his abdomen high into the air, causing Josh to slide forward in the saddle and brace himself against the back of his mount's head. King Zing plunged his rear stinger into the ground like he was delivering a finishing blow, planted his rear legs into the ground, then started vibrating his wings harshly. "AAAAAAHHHHH!!" Josh cried as the yellow Pokémon's throbbing exoskeleton rattled him.

{WC: 313}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
King Zing     Beedrill       Good
Sidewnider    Dragapult      Good
Saber         Manectric      Good
Blitz         Luxray**       Good
Raiden        Zebstrika      Good
Blinky        Jolteon        Good
close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Bumbling Romp [DW/Elise]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2023 20:08:00 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","gunstest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Through having some advice over riding a Dragapult to the thick rainforest as Samael would fly at a speed she needed to get accustomed to, the woman held onto the dragon and felt him come to a stop near the path that appeared to be a little route. "Maybe next time, you can slow down a bit, but I will manage..." She would hop off the large dragon and heard the Dragapult whine a little. Sending out her Jolteon who was not the size of a regular one and was more of the size of a Rapidash that was rideable, Raiden would wait for the royal to get on him.[break][break]

Getting on her Jolteon, the trio would take in the route into the rainforest until the loud cry of a familiar sounding voice who was struggling with something. "Isn't that Josh...? We should find him." Elise told both Raiden and Samael as the ghostly dragon would pass through the trees in an effort to try to find where the man was. The bigger Jolteon would run through the rainforest where Elise would, if there was a sign of Josh being there, find the presence of the familiar man that gave her some advice over different ride Pokemon.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest3"]--accent:#d143d8;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Bumbling Romp [DW/Elise]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2023 14:48:59 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The sound of bug-type wings buzzing loudly would have drowned out the scream the closer Elise got, only becoming clearly audible once the terrible noise ceased. With it, Josh could finally relax. How in the world did do something this crazy? Though his sense of touch throughout his body was dulled, his entire lower body was worst off, feeling like a constant static was running through it from the power with which King Zing's wings had just churned. Josh removed his earplugs and clicked them against the giant wasp's exoskeleton, signaling him to stay grounded. It was one of the few things the saddled bug-type respected. While he was temperamental about being controlled, he did want to ensure his trainer remained safe.

"Sorry you had to see that, Princess Elise," Josh apologized to his friend in their chance encounter. "King Zing here is one of my newest Pokémon, and I'm trying to get a feel for how we'll work together as mount and rider. As it turns out, there are... a lot of problems with attempting to ride on a Beedrill, as fast as they are."

He was, however, impressed with the Jolteon. It reminded him in every way of Blinky, whom he was glad he brought with him. "Been to some Space-Time Distortions, I see?"

{WC: 218}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Bumbling Romp [DW/Elise]
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2023 5:09:34 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Finding the dark-haired man on the back of a large Beedrill where the insect had landed, her Jolteon stopped to let the royal talk with Josh. "I see... I would hope King Zing takes it easy on you and I had to ride my Dragapult here since I'm still trying to get used to riding on something that goes so fast." The woman replied just as her Dragapult returned with a reappearance next to her side since he didn't have to try to find the gym leader. She did recall visiting a space-time distortion with her Jolteon when Josh had asked her if she had come across one after being impressed by the size of her electric Pokemon.[break][break]

"I did recently came across one of those space-time distortions. Aside from that, I've been trying to take a small page from riding Kamuy last time and applying it to riding on my Jolteon. Raiden loves to be fast too and Samael tries to be a little gentle on rides." She smiled with her reply coming with a little nod to show that she did understand a bit from what Josh had told her last time about his ride Pokemon.

[break][break]

NOTES

- None.

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".gunstest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".gunstest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bumbling Romp [DW/Elise]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 3:14:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LEAVANNY APPEARED!
[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CHLOROPHYLL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]RAZOR LEAF
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FELL STINGER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STRING SHOT
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FLAMIGO APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SCRAPPY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FEINT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]COPYCAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROOST

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Bumbling Romp [DW/Elise]
POSTED ON Jan 25, 2023 21:26:18 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Typical royal. Jolteon and Dragapult were typically beginner unfriendly due to their extreme speeds, and yet here she was, seeing a saddle-wearing Jolteon just like Blinky. King Zing's wings were fluttering at just below the threshold of human hearing, the wary wasp's eyes blinking as his head tilted one way, then another. "That's exactly why I tried to warn you about how beginner unfriendly they are. They don't really ever go slow."

As the Beedrill's outward hostility increased, Josh became increasingly inclined to recall him, the tipping point being a sudden increase in his wingbeat rate that he knew would be the prelude to a takeoff. He got the Beedrill back in his Poké Ball, but the damage had already been done; his ears were ringing, unable to hear a word she said about Samael and Raiden. He was planning on doing some bonding with the poison-type, but could not with anyone else, let alone a VIP like Elise, present. He instead sent out his own Jolteon, Blinky, to join Raiden. The socialite tried to make small talk with Raiden while Josh climbed aboard. Hopefully his ears would stop tinging soon so he could actually hear what the girl was saying!

ooc: skipping

{WC: 201}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Bumbling Romp [DW/Elise]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 3:21:29 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

They were more difficult to handle than a beginner should, so she knew that by the speed which both of her Pokemon went with riding them. Raiden looked over to the buzzing King Zing and how the other human was trying to handle a poison type that wasn't very caring to be a gentle ride. "You're right, I can learn a little more on riding on my Galarian Rapidash than with my Jolteon and Dragapult. She's not here now, but I'll show her to you next time. Celeste's a little more gentle." [break][break]

While the older gym leader returned his Beedrill back into its Pokeball, her Jolteon noticed the other one being sent out to join up with Raiden as the male electric Pokemon greeted the other with a spark of electricity. She had been busy making small talk about her own Pokemon that she did notice there were two wild Pokemon there though Elise wasn't too keen on them as the two wild Pokemon would go out of their sight in the distance.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Skipping!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bumbling Romp [DW/Elise]
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2023 6:12:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SKIPLOOM APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] INFILTRATOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEMENTO
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BOUNCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SYNTHESIS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STUN SPORE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD CHESPIN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OVERGROW
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]VINE WHIP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BITE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PIN MISSILE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Bumbling Romp [DW/Elise]
POSTED ON Feb 23, 2023 17:07:34 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Galarian Rapidash were among some of the most beginner friendly Pokémon one could learn with. Sure, they were still blistering fast if pushed to their top speed, but their equine shape afforded them some of the most stable running strokes imaginable. Tell that to Josh, who rode almost exclusively apex predators. The Mauville Leader was a maniac in his own unique way.

"You will," Josh reassured her. "Because they're psychic-type Pokémon, they can keep you mentally harnessed to their backs so you don't fall off. Janus, my Espeon, can do that, too. Of course, he has more of a reason to. Teleporting is... a very different kind of wild ride. I'm not sure how much I like it, but t sure is convenient."

Josh's eyes shifted toward the Jolteon. "You said Raiden's his name? he asked. "My Zebstrika also has that name! Great minds really do think alike, don't they?" His smile seemed contagious as Blinky also made small talk with Raiden, talking about the upcoming racing season.

{WC: 170}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Bumbling Romp [DW/Elise]
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2023 0:11:01 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Well, this was a relief to know that she didn’t haave to worry getting some problems in riding her Galarian Rapidash since Galarian Rapidash were psychic types and can keep her mentally harnesed on their backs, so she wouldn’t fall off. “That’s reassuring, I didn’t know much that psychic types have their powers to hold people in when riding.” Her response came with a small nod before he told her that his Espeon did the same when he rode on Janus. [break][break]

As Josh asked about her Jolteon’s name and he would also tell her his Zebstrika was named the same, she replied with a little laugh. “I really love names in the native Johtonian language, it’s a piece of home that reminds me of my mother.” Raiden listened to Blinky make small talk about the upcoming race with the Jolteon nodding and talking that he could see it for himself though he didn’t really pay much attention to the two Pokemon that could be near the jungle’s trees.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Skipping!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bumbling Romp [DW/Elise]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 3:12:46 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD JOLTIK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] COMPOUND EYES
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SUCKER PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STRING SHOT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ABSORB

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD FARFETCH'D APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] KEEN EYE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIRROR MOVE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY ATTACK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLASH

[attr="class","wildtag"]

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Bumbling Romp [DW/Elise]
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2023 19:45:36 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"It's why psychic Pokémon are so beginner-friendly," Josh added. There were other benefits, too, such as the ability to teleport, but that was a much more advanced concept. It could also be dangerous for inexperienced riders; there were all kinds of horror stories of trainers being stranded in the astral realm: the plane Pokémon travel through when they teleport. "It's a shame that there are so few psychic-type Pokémon that are both big enough and strong enough for it. Xatu, Espeon, and Rapidash are the only three I can think of." There was at least one Paldean species he was missing, too.

Indeed, Raiden was a traditional Johtonian name. "As it does my father. I don't know how many more years he has in him, sadly. You see, I never knew my true parents." And he didn't want to, either; supposedly, their lives were riddled with bad decisions. They only had him for a few days before they turned him over to his current family. "It's not the most common Johtonian name for electric Pokémon, but it's up there." The Gym Leader kept a firm hand on Blinky's reins to keep her from chasing a wild Farfetch'd that eyed the two trainers warily.

{WC: 207}
{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
Bumbling Romp [DW/Elise]
POSTED ON Mar 31, 2023 21:22:48 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Psychic type Pokemon were very much a safer ride for beginners, so as Josh spoke of it being a shame that there were few Psychic Pokemon who were big and strong enough like Xatu, Espeon, and Rapidash, she nodded with her reply. “I know Xatu and Espeon do make excellent rides as well, so I understand that other Psychic type Pokemon aren’t made for riding like those three.”[break][break]

When Josh talked about not knowing about his true parents, the woman looks a little concerned. “I will not press more if you are uncomfortable, but it must be a little sore subject for you. On a lighter note, I miss my hometown’s tea and wish I could taste it again.” Her reply came just as a little Joltik had come by to look at the duo of humans until Samael would attack the small electric Pokemon with Dragon Darts, the two small Dreepy launched towards the Joltik and made it squeak in pain.[break][break]

The woman tossed an empty Pokeball to catch the smaller bug as its cuter appearance would make it a good companion to have on the road.

[break][break]

NOTES

- Catching Joltik!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,988 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bumbling Romp [DW/Elise]
POSTED ON Apr 1, 2023 20:00:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SEWADDLE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OVERCOAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TACKLE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STRING SHOT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STICKY WEB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENDURE

[attr="class","wildtag"]

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BUTTERFREE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] COMPOUND EYES
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PSYBEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]STUN SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]POISON POWDER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SLEEP POWDER

[attr="class","wildtag"]

CAUGHT THE JOLTIK!

close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,107 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Bumbling Romp [DW/Elise]
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2023 3:02:15 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh laughed at Elise's reciprocation. "Good luck finding an Espeon big enough to ride, though. Even the Alphas you see in Space-Time Distortions are just big enough for your average adult to get on. I should show you Janus, my Espeon, sometime. He's a racing Pokémon at my Gym."

Josh returned Elise's concerned look with a nod of understanding. "It's okay. I don't want to meet them." The topic changed to tea. "My dad tried to get me to drink tea, but all the ones he had me taste had too light of a flavor for me. That and I need my electrolytes to maintain high performance."

As Elise made the Joltik capture, Josh changed the subject. "So outside of training Pokémon, do you have any other hobbies? I frequent this place in Mauville called Round One. It's one of the biggest arcade chains in Hoenn, and has almost every rhythm game under the sun."

{WC: 157}
{PC: 6}