< nostalgia > [cool contest]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 25, 2023 21:21:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[googlefont=Roboto Condensed]
[attr="class","howicontst2"] As people began to fill the seats within the contest hall, it seemed difficult to hear anything through what seemed like a cacophony of voices. Some people talked and laughed, and one could only wonder how they could hear each other over all the noise. After what seemed like forever, the lights turned off. The loud voices lowered into a hushed whisper as people readied themselves for a spectacle that only the Contest Hall could provide. For a moment, silence. Then--

BANG! BANG! BOOM!

Pyrotechnics took the site by storm as confetti rained down from above as six contestants proudly stood upon the stage, silhouetted by the dark as the spotlight hit the center of the stage. In the center of the light stood a Amped Form Toxtricity as it began to wow the crowd with its talents on the guitar. Some of the younger members of the audience seemed absolutely thrilled by the sight. The older members of the audience were charmed by the sight of a pokemon playing an instrument. Right as the song hit its end, a puff of smoke shot out to the left of the Toxtricity. Upon clearing, the audience caught sight of whom they could only assume was the judge. Which was a safe assumption, at the very least. Jethro kept his right arm propped up to which his Abra clung to. They needed an entrance to kick off the contest, and what better than a guitar solo paired with a surprise teleport at the very end? (There were better ways, but Jethro couldn't help but want to see his little Abra involved in the contest, too.) He placed his free arm around the Toxtricity's shoulders and flashed a broad smile at the crowd, who in turn erupted into cheers.

"Hey hey now, settle down, would'ya?" he joked. "Welcome to the start of Hoenn's tour of the world! We're kicking things off with a taste of Kanto this time around. I'll be your judge tonight, name's Jethro. This big guy here killing it on the guitar is Hendrix. And this little guy is my boy Crowley. I'm hopin' we all get to know each other quite nicely!"

But enough about him. The stage lights soon came on to illuminate the stage so the crowd could see just what the contest had in store for them. Jethro took the liberty to step away from center stage and begin his formal greetings to the contestants, passing by them with a firm handshake and offering them all the luck he could muster. Thankfully he was good enough with names that he recognized them from their entry forms. A touch of near-eidetic memory allowed him the ability to memorize everything they had written down. But he opted to approach each with his own sort of introduction before he allowed the contestants a chance to introduce themselves to the crowd.

His first introduction fell on . While plenty of folks cheered her on, Jethro was left to simply see what she had in store. It seemed she had a knack for taking on contests and to plenty, had become a contest favorite. Why wouldn't she be? She was quite cute, and people had a love for pink. And with the twinge in her voice, he could hear the faintest Kalosian accent. Goddamn, people loved the Kalosians so he could see why she was a hit just from that alone. But his attention soon fell on her Illumina Eevee. Perhaps she wished to approach the crowd with a flashy entry? Exciting! He couldn't wait to see what Miss Luka had in store with her performance.

As he followed suit, the judge approached and flashed a smile at them. The crowd grew a little quiet, and Jethro immediately worried that they underestimated the trainer due to their cane usage. But there was a sense of intrigue in the way they seemed to happily chatter, much to his relief. He could breathe easy knowing none of the crowd wanted to make a big deal out of it. They already loved the trainer's Nidoking, as the creature itself looked intimidating and strong. Perhaps they'd have to submit it into a tough contest in the future too! But given the way the crowd didn't seem to recognize El, Jethro could only assume they were new to the contest scene. He could only wish them some extra luck with their performance. The luck wasn't an attempt to show them patronage, but rather a genuine gesture, he was certain they'd do spectacularly.

His next approach came to , a far too familiar face to contest goers. As the crowd erupted into an excited cacophony once more, Jethro could only turn around, bewildered with the display. Seemed Mint was yet another crowd favorite! While he'd done the Contest Hall tour prior to debuting his first contest, Jethro didn't see any ribbons for Mint or any of his pokemon. Perhaps he was one of the folks that they deemed to be the charismatic entry. Jethro could respect it. As Mint spoke, he caught the faintest hint of a Sinnohan accent. He couldn't help but beam a little wider, as it seemed he was in the company of someone from home. The Flareon he chose to partner himself with seemed quite sleek, as though it were well-groomed to be performance ready. As much as he wanted to pet the dog-like pokemon, he didn't quite feel like getting scorched.

As he approached , Jethro could only look up at his Charizard in surprise. He didn't realize how big the fire-type was up close! Though in the midst of his surprise with the height of the Charizard, he missed how some folks whispered among themselves, using words like 'strong' and 'hero.' Navy must've impressed some of the members in the crowd, given how Jethro hadn't recalled seeing the name in past performances. He was another that the blonde made sure to wish extra luck to. But if he was a so-called hero as some of the people had whispered, maybe he wouldn't need luck. Maybe luck was already on his side.

Soon his attention went to . Something about the man seemed absolutely chuffed to be there. He carried himself in a rather lax fashion, that much evident from his body language. And as he spoke, Jethro managed to catch the faintest hint of an Alolan accent. Ah, it explained the lax nature. Alolans were pretty chill yet friendly folks. It pleased him to see some folks from outside of Hoenn. He was yet another one who didn't elicit much of a response from the crowd, but Jethro certainly didn't count the young man out. Surely he'd surprise the crowd with his Raichu. The electric mouse seemed pumped to get out there and show everyone just what it was capable of.

Finally, Jethro approached and the crowd seemed to go wild. He was certainly a face they all knew, and Jethro didn't seem surprised one bit. Wasn't the man a gym leader? There had been rumors of moving Greyson to the elite four, but those were merely that -- rumors. Still, the crowd and Jethro both seemed surprised to see such a prolific man enter a contest. But he wouldn't complain one bit. He was happy to have him along for the ride! His Blastoise seemed rugged and battle-hardened, but that tough appearance managed to translate into something cool.

He was admittedly pleased with just what the contestants had to offer and couldn't wait to see them in action.

"Now you've seen all of these folks, but let's hear what they've got to say as they introduce not only themselves, but their poke-partners, too! Let's make some noise!"

[newclass=.howicontst2]width:300px;padding:50px;background-color:#191919;font:13px Calibri;color:#CCC;text-align:justify;[/newclass][newclass=.howicontst2 b]color:#867ABA;[/newclass][newclass=.howicontst3]padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:15px;font:30px Roboto Condensed;color:#867ABA;font-weight:bold;word-spacing:13px;[/newclass]

please make sure to post your introductory post by jun 01 @ 11:59 pm est time!
close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON May 26, 2023 5:23:18 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar

[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

Navy doesn’t know whether he’s a hero or not. He hears them whisper. Sol has that effect on people. It always ties back to that damn movie, Red and Blue. Movies supersede reality. Everyone wanted to be as cool as the main character of that movie.[break][break]
When the time comes for his introduction, the gym leader looks back to Sol. The red dragon returns his gaze. They nod at one another. Grief has bound them. This is a test to see if they’re truly capable of working together as a team, or if it’s only his brother binding them together.[break][break]
Sol opens his mouth. Smoke pours out. Thick, enough to cover most of the stage. It obscures the stage from view, sans a few feet in the front. The smoke settles. A smokescreen covers the stage, setting his entrance.[break][break]
Music starts to play from the speakers. An initial thrumming current of electrifying energy surges with the rumble of the bass. It builds towards a line of violins. Building in urgency with every note.[break][break]
A gout of fire bursts through the smoke. Out of it walks PKMN TRAINER NAVY. One hand in his pocket, looking cool as a cucumber. He walks out of the smoke like it’s the pitch at Ever Grande City. He surveys the crowd like this is the moment’s dreamed of for years – the day he fights Lopez for the top champion spot.[break][break]
Pulling out a pokeball – classic red and white, of course, Sol flies free like a streak of crimson light. After the gout of flame in the smoke, Navy quickly called him back for the grand entrance. The Charizard’s roar rolls across the crowd, wings spread wide. He looks the part of a Champ’s Pokemon, he’ll give the big guy that.[break][break]
What’s up, Verdanturf?” The trainer asks, not raising his voice. He projects an image of a cool, composed warrior. [break][break]
Sign back there says Michael Navidson, but you know what I say?! I think that name sucks. All the best trainers’ve got color names. You can call me Navy. Dewford’s new gym leader. Hoenn’s next Top Champion. How do I know that? Well…”[break][break]
He thumbs back at the Charizard.[break][break]
Sol here used to belong to my baby brother. Sol and Gabe were gonna take on all challengers. Take Lopez’s spot. Well, he’s gone now, and what kind of big brother doesn’t make good on promises to his kid brother!? Sol n’ me are gonna take on the League! Take on the world! Just like the trainers you all know and love!”[break][break]
He bumps his fist in the air as the smoke dies down. Sol sends up one last gout of flames.[break][break]
That’s just the kinda guy I am! Now c’mon, everyone!” He grins, turning back to his fellow contestants. “Let’s give these people one hell of a show.

[break][break]

+ Fourth paragraph has a music link.

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON May 27, 2023 5:06:50 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
When El and their pokemon came onto the stage, it'd be with a Teleport thanks to their alakazam and service pokemon, Bibidi; partly to avoid the fuss of having to actually get up onto the stage, and partly because what better way to make a simple-but-flashy appearance?

As part of the theme, El would be dressed up a bit differently from usual. Namely, they'd be seen wearing a simplified version of an armor set from an early Monster Hunter game. In a way, the set wouldn't look out of place on an older-fashioned Ranger - and they thought that dressing up like a Hunter would be pretty cool!

At their side was Behemoth - although, one would be forgiven if they mistook him for a nidorino, rather than a nidoking. Namely for the poison-type's rather runty size, as well as the fact that he appeared equally comfortable in a quadrupedal stance, in addition to the normal bipedal stance. Despite his size though, he had plenty of spirit - rearing up onto his hind legs and giving a toss of his head with an eager snort!

But as it came time for El to introduce themself... They'd take in a deep breath, before giving a big wave with their free hand! "Hello everyone!" They called - doing their best to put on a confident but friendly smile. All in all, they gave the airs of someone modest, but looking to have a good time. "My name is El - and I'm a rookie Ranger from Lavaridge, typically working out of Fortree!"

Gesturing to Behemoth though, El continued speaking - adding "And this here is Behemoth! He might look small, but don't be fooled - my nidoking here's got plenty of spirit packed in there, and he's no slouch in the strength department. He's my go-to when I need some muscle out on the field - and he's unafraid to put every ounce of it to good use!"

As if to confirm El's words, Behemoth would let out a hearty bellow; his instincts from his Rivalry demanding that he not let other pokemon - like 's Sol - show him up anytime soon! To punctuate this, he'd bring his fists together - the violet sparks of a Dragon Hammer lighting up from the impact!

El couldn't help but laugh at this display - reaching over to pat their buddy on the shoulder. "We're ready to do our best, to put on a good show!"
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 2:54:37 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716039518305779782/1112207749447696415/kirby_nightmare_in_dreamland_-_vs_dedede.mp3[/player]
[break]
warning: may be loud to headphone users
[break][break]

It's a cool contest- and Mint was if nothing, a chameleon. He'd play the part he needed to get what he wanted. So even if his brand is cute and fresh, Mint Frost gears up behind the scenes, calm and collected, and ready to play it up for the crowd. He busies himself taking a couple of photos in the green room, dropping down to snuggle with his Flareon. "Let me adjust your collar and..." he trailed off, perking up as it came his turn to speak. Right, right. He had his introduction memorized. Short and sweet. [break][break]

[break][break]

He walks onto stage and takes his position under low lights. Music plays as he gives a small bow before reaching into his sleeve and pulling out a small pokeball. "Good seeing everybody again- and if it's your first time meeting me, then the pleasure's all mine!" As the drums kick in, he tosses the pokeball straight up, his other arm folding behind his back as he catches it in one hand. But his hand eye coordination isn't what the crowd is focused on. [break][break]

Calm smile breaks into a sharp grin as he looks up at his Flareon. The chords begin to play their melody and he continues over it, "Verdanturf Town, I'm Mint and this pretty girl is Arrabiata!" Meanwhile, the fire type, released midair has forced her body into a spin, curling up and breathing flames around herself until she's nothing but a living fire ball crashing down onto the stage. Mint doesn't move away, using large colorful sleeves to cover his hair and face. If embers lick fore proof costuming, he's none the wiser. [break][break]

Flames spark outwards and into the air as his Flareon, Arrabiata lands sharply on her feet, letting out howl as Mint continued their introduction, cheesy as it was. "Hope you're ready to get the blood pumping with our COOL, adrenaline packed performance!" The Flareon poses, as if looking down on something, before pushing back around her trainer, while Mint pops his arms behind his head, still grinning despite the slight sheen of sweat proximity to heat had given him. "Trust and believe, knows a thing two about cool. Just let me prove it to you." The lights go from dim to bright, no longer soft to enhance the flames of the Flareon. He lingers a moment to post with her before winking at the audience as he takes his spot with the other contestants.

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc @cool contest | contest DRIP

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty"]--accent:#94effa; --accent2:#f0ffc5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/5e/7f/ldKG2L2u_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON May 28, 2023 17:43:42 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]

[break]
as the crowd dies down a single figure moves to center stage. no bigger than your average man in height, the blastoise's presence more than makes up for his lackluster size. the turtle's shell, through more combat than he could remember, was pockmarked with scars and indents. here, beneath the spotlight, they stood as a stark contrast to the natural wooden hue of his shell.
[break][break]
once the water-type was in position he opens his snubbed maw and roars, a guttural roar of challenge and pride. on cue the lights shut-off, descending the stadium in a dome of night.
[break][break]
voices of descent, of concern, and even excitement, echo throughout. regardless of their intent, they all as one fall silent at the crackle of electricity. a zap cannon forms at the end of blastoise's barrels, illuminating a small area around the creature.
[break][break]
there, smiling and silhouetted by glowing orbs of electricity, greyson stands.
[break][break]
"my partner and i thank you all for your warm welcomes," he begins, eyes surveying the crowd with measured control. "we hope you enjoy what we have in store for you tonight. my name is greyson connors, and this is my blastoise aiono — let's begin an electrifying event!"
[break][break]
at greyson's words the blastoise releases the charged bolts of electricity, each one of them arcing in a spider-web towards the ceiling. [break][break]when the light show ends mere seconds after it began, and the lights turn back-on, greyson and his pokemon are no where to be seen.

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

[break]

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2023 3:08:46 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]
He is well and truly flying by the seat of his pants.[break][break]

And being up on stage in front of a crowd of people isn't exactly his strong suit. Having all of this attention on him makes his heart stammer nervously - it's not exactly like a gym match where he can just focus on the battle itself to tune out the onlookers. But going with the flow of things is in his nature, isn't it? Surely he can figure out. Plus there's a first time for everything![break][break]

His own entrance feels minimal in comparison to some of the others he's competing against. So Lam decides he's just going to depend on beginner's luck. Jupiter seems more than ready to light up the darkened stage, though. Energy crackles around them in short bursts of electric glow before the lights finally come back up. The raichu's cheek pouches remain a glowing citrine.[break][break]

"Yoooo, how goes Verdanturf?" A crooked grin props at an opposite angle as his slouched posture as he gives the crowd a two-fingered salute. Greeting them just as casually as he might any other person he crosses paths with. It's not a flashy sorta cool - which maybe that's the point, or whatever, but how's the saying go? Cool as a cucumber? Something to that effect.[break][break]

"I'm Lam - just your everyday trainer - but this ball of energy here is Jupiter!" At mention of his name, the raichu leaps up onto Lam's shoulders. Then launches himself higher, lightning bolt-pronged tail flaring with light as it slashes in front of him. "He's where the real show is at, if you couldn't tell!"[break][break]

The electric mouse trills his agreement, as if punctuating the matter. A lighthearted laugh follows as Lam tilts his head in Jupiter's direction, "See? Ya heard him! Looking forward to giving you a good show!" The lights cut again and more electricity pulses around the raichu in one last big burst of light before they retreat to stand with the others.

[attr="class","ooc"]

@jethro
[break]

NOTES

- cool contest! cool contest![break]
- i'll edit in our correct sprite later, i'm speepy[break]
- we got no idea what we're doing!

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Jun 3, 2023 9:22:57 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
In a departure from her usual brand, the music that announces Luka and her contestant isn't something soft and ethereal, but a punchy 8-bit tune that anyone with ears should be able to recognize.[break][break]

Sure, they're leaning rather bluntly into the nostalgia factor, but that's all part of the fun! And after a few beats of introduction to get the crowd excited, Luka and her Eevee burst onstage. The spotlight that shines on them seems to burst from the Eevee himself, and just for a little extra flair, a confetti cannon goes off behind them to shower the audience with a burst of paper stars.[break][break]

They're going for fun and flashy this time around. An Eevee by itself isn't necessarily the coolest choice for a contest like this, but as always Luka has a little trick up her sleeve. Though the Illumina phenomenon is no longer new, the sight of such a Pokemon is still a rarity in Hoenn and immediately catches the eye.[break][break]

Amaretto's fur sparkles brilliantly under the spotlight. His tail in particular seems almost opalescent, with different hues noticable as it swishes from side to side. Orange, blue, green, purple— as though a prism of light is trapped within each folicle. The Eevee races towards the front of the stage in a multicolored blur, a dazzling display of color and energy in one explosive ball.[break][break]

"Helloooo Verdanturf!" Luka shouts, coming up from behind while her Eevee continues to preen in front of her. She can recognize a few fans in the audience, those who have come to see some her previous contest performances. The sight brings extra wattage to her smile, and the cheers received when she waves at them warms her heart.[break][break]

"Thank you so much for having us! I'm Luka, and this is Amaretto! I hope you're looking forward to what he has in store for you!"[break][break]

She grins again as Amaretto yips his agreement, makes an attempt to chase his own glittering tail, and finally springs up to sit on Luka's shoulder.[break][break]

"Do you ever wonder how the choices you make affect you? That if you could go back, you might make different decisions? I think the coolest thing about Eevee is their limitless potential— just like all of us! And like us, everything depends on the choices they make. I hope tonight can provide moments of excitement and reflection for everyone, so that we can not only enjoy the moment, but be thankful for everything that brought us here today!"

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 5, 2023 23:37:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","howicontst2"] As made his introduction, Jethro couldn't help but give an enthusiastic clap. He already had his foot in the door with his placement as a gym leader. Why couldn't he possibly become the next top champion? Jethro looked forward to see just where Navy would go following this contest. For now, he had the opportunity to relax and simply show the trust he and his team had managed to form. Hopefully his Charizard was ready for a different kind of battling.

It wasn't long until took their turn in the spotlight with their Nidoking. The dragon hammer punctuation was a very nice touch. It seemed the poison type came ready to steal the show! Even the rivalry displayed by Behemoth caused a chill to run down Jethro's spine. Electrifying! Despite this being their first contest, Jethro was more than excited to see what tricks the two had up their sleeves!

Naturally his eyes went to immediately after, charmed by the way the young man had opted to dress for the occasion too. If he could have, he would have added on some bonus points for the teal haired trainer. Even Arrabiata was dressed for the occasion! It was obvious Mint knew how to walk the walk and talk the talk when it came to contests, but that meant that he'd prove to be dangerous for those who had no previous experience -- he knew what he was doing.

made his introduction nothing short of impressive, and even disappeared with the work of zap cannon's temporary light set as a distraction. It had been quite the entrance to remember, and earned a more than impressed sound from the crowd. While they had been happily cheering for their favorite contestants, it seemed Greyson's introduction had been enough to get the crowd roaring.

It wasn't long until the introductions went from electrifying to mellow. He could appreciate the soft-spoken and nervous nature of as he took the stage. Jethro flashed an encouraging smile from his seat and let the green haired man take his time. Thankfully it seemed his Raichu was quick to take the attention off of its trainer and onto itself. With a pair like that, he was certain that the two could work in sync to offer quite the impressive performance.

Before he could wrap up the introductions, 's arrival had been enough to make the crowd go wild once again. She was a gem in the contest community, and several fans made sure to emphasize that fact. After the Illumina Eevee bursted forward, even Jethro had to stand to his feet in surprise towards the lights that it produced as the spotlight reflected off of it. He'd reviewed the previous cool contest and saw some points where both Mint and Luka had faltered, so naturally this time around, he had hope for the two returnees, but he didn't want to count out the new arrivals to the contest hall.

To conclude the introductions, there was a little cover of one of Melody Miro's songs played by his Toxtricity in an attempt to keep the hype going in the crowd.

"Before we begin, I must say all of you and your partner pokemon look stunning up there!" he offered. "But we want you to look even better now, cooler, if you will. Show us something cool with your pokemon, and don't be afraid to be creative with their moves! After all, your potential is only limited by your imagination. Time to let the real show BEGIN!"

With that, the lights came down again, only offering a solo spotlight for the team who chose to go first.

"Now you've seen all of these folks, but let's hear what they've got to say as they introduce not only themselves, but their poke-partners, too! Let's make some noise!"

[newclass=.howicontst2]width:300px;padding:50px;background-color:#191919;font:13px Calibri;color:#CCC;text-align:justify;[/newclass][newclass=.howicontst2 b]color:#867ABA;[/newclass][newclass=.howicontst3]padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:15px;font:30px Roboto Condensed;color:#867ABA;font-weight:bold;word-spacing:13px;[/newclass]

please make sure to post your introductory post by jun 12 @ 11:59 pm est time!

close tab

played by

Tsukistar

Elliot
They/Them
April 12th
Lavaridge Town
Pansexual
Ranger-Coordinator
Cadet
5'9" / 175 cm height
5'9" / 175 cm height
Would you like an adventure now, or would you like to have your tea first?
awards
573 posts
part of
TAG WITH @el
El Sunderland
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2023 9:39:27 GMT
El Sunderland Avatar
It was time for the performances - and El couldn't help but feel their heart hammer in their chest. They had to make a good impression here, if they wanted a chance at winning, after all.

It was a good thing that Behemoth wasn't exactly a subtle pokemon then, wasn't it?

"Just like we practiced, Behemoth." The ranger murmured to the Nidoking - grinning both excitedly, and nervously. Taking a deep breath, they'd gesture out towards the crowd, calling "Show them how you Focus Energy!"

And oh, was Behemoth ready to show it. Dropping down to all fours like a Nidorino, he'd charge forth to the front of the stage with surprising agility - his footsteps stamping against the ground. Once he was front and center before the audience, he'd take in a similarly deep breath, reared up onto his hind legs, and tossed his head back as he let it all loose in a single massive roar! He smacked his fists against his chest as he called out with all of his might - pumping himself up in the process!

Certainly, Behemoth was playing it up a little - but he found it a bit fun, to be honest. And it appealed to that instinctual part of him, to put on a bigger display than the rival males here - to prove himself against them!
ldKnp|sG + 10 (Gen 1 'mon)
close tab

played by

kimmy

peppermint, micha
he/they
january 19
hearthome city, sinnoh
homiesexual
ig baddie
rocket beast
you gon' be
addicted to my eyes
5'6" height
5'6" height
✨ I'm addicted to shining and glowing
awards
2,668 posts
mint frost DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @mint
mint frost
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2023 23:34:02 GMT
mint frost Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","minty"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","colorbar"]

[attr="class","bg"]

[attr="class","main"]

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/716039518305779782/1116504746262532136/Pokemon_Anime_Sound_Collection_-_Who_is_Stronger_Epic_Battle.mp3[/player]
[break]
warning: may be loud to headphone users
[break][break]

Mint soaks up the praise, grinning and waving when the master of ceremonies. He watches and claps for the Toxitricity's performance before waiting his turn to be ushered away. As they wait for the first contestants to go up, Mint is quick to pat his knees for his partner to come close and gently inspects her teeth. "Look' good, we can have a treat after ok?" he said as she stared up pleading for a little snack. He fluffs her up before going over to speak with the crew for the adjustments to the stage on his next performance. [break][break]

[break][break]

When the previous contestant is done, the lights turn off completely. There's soft rumblings in the crowd as a dry fog, resembling Arrabiata's SMOG but not quite to avoid poisoning the crowd. The music blasts, blaring out high pitched trumpets, and setting the tone as something flashes brightly. The shape of teeth, sharp and silhouetted by fire deep red and orange cuts through the fog as Arrabiatta jumps through. Fast and determined. Flames lick her mouth and her jaws clamp shut in a resound clack. [break][break]

"Where there's smoke, there's fire right?!" Arrabiatta lands on her feet, center stage. From behind as the flames in her muzzle and neck smolder Mint makes his appearance in the hole she pushed through the fog. Lights turn to match the music and the performance, pulsing with hues of red orange and yellow as they circle the Flareon. Arrabiata shakes the embers off her pelt. [break][break]

"And this fire's so hot, she makes steam look cool." The puns are snappy, quick and practiced. Violins trill raising the tension of the scene playing out. Arrabiata howls, powering up. She begins to super heat, the air around her trembles and shakes. The fire type pulses once, pulling back. Flames come to life, first at her nose as she runs back to circle around Mint. "Nobody can hold a candle to her." he added, as the little Flareon circled him, enveloping her trainer in a vortex of fire for a moment. The pair disappear amongst the flames before she shoots upwards and falls down with FLARE BLITZ. She slammed her back legs first, sending a streak of flames that dispersed the fire tornado left behind her. Her front paws follow pulsing a wave of flames upwards, as she tried to exert influence to keep it from burning the audience. There's a sheen of sweat despite the heavy make up on Mint but his costume is perfectly fine and his hair still perfectly styled. He's grinning as his Flareon's pelt is singed, smoldering in various spots. [break][break]

Despite the shaking, he calls out a "Well done!" to which she responds back wit ha sharp bark, despite working through the pain of her own fires. [break][break]

siKajVs0 + 10 ( 151 poke) + 5 ( starter )

[break][break]
[attr="class","ooc"]
tagged ▸ ooc @cool contest | contest DRIP

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","pkmnbar"]

[attr="class","icon"]

[newclass=".minty"]width:500px; margin:0px auto; border:20px solid #141414; background:#141414; border-radius:50px 50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty"]--accent:#94effa; --accent2:#f0ffc5;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bg"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/bvgZ1Rv/image.png);[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .top"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/h7pSrwb/image.png); height:375px; border-radius:30px 30px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .colorbar"]background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom right; background-color:var(--accent); height:30px; margin-top:-90px; position:absolute; width:500px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main"]font:11px/15px 'Roboto'; color:#fff; text-align:justify; padding:20px 70px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .main b"]color:var(--accent); font:bold 12px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc"]margin-top:10px; padding:10px 30px; border-top:1px solid var(--accent); font:10px 'Roboto Mono';[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .ooc b"]font:13px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase; font-style:italic; font-weight:600!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .bottom"]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/QPjr1Rg/image.png); height:128px; border-radius:0px 0px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar"]position:absolute; margin-left:125px; margin-top:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img"]filter:grayscale(1); margin-left:-3px; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .pkmnbar img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".minty .icon"]background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/5e/7f/ldKG2L2u_o.png); background-size:cover; height:110px; width:110px; border-radius:100px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px; position:absolute; filter:grayscale(10%) sepia(10%);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]

close tab

played by

Teddie

Navy
He/Him
October 13th
Slateport
Heterosexual
E4; Gym Leader
Sheriff
I'd go through hell
to hold your hand
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
5'10" / 177.8 cm height
In the warrior's code, there's no surrender. Though his body says stop, his spirit cries, "NEVER!"
awards
3,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @teddie
Michael Navidson
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2023 20:19:39 GMT
Michael Navidson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","arties"]

It’s gonna take a bona fide miracle to beat ’s performance. There’s a saying on the pitch. It ain’t over ‘til the last Pokemon’s out. Sol and Navy share a nod. It’s now or never.[break][break]

No time like the present to step up to the plate. The crowd, which has been thoroughly worked up by the past two contestants, turn their attention back to him. A cover of ’s new song has gotten him all pumped up. New music doesn’t usually do it for him, but that heartfelt performance their host’s Toxtricity gave has him fired up.[break][break]

Fun fact, folks. Everyone’s so fixated on Sol being a fire type that they always forget somethin’: he’s a flier. You should see this guy up in the air. C’mon, Sol.” Trainer mounts Pokemon. Sol, standing on the center of the stage, takes a steadying breath. His short legs carry him into a run that shakes the floor beneath his feet. Reaching the edge of the stage, he takes a leap.[break][break]

It looks as if he will fall face first into the judge’s table. The great teal wings spread out. His prodigious muscles lift him. Each flap of his wings sends a gust out across the crowd, kicking up dust and dispersing the errant smoke from earlier performances. At the edge of the gathering, unlit torches have been placed along the wall at Navy’s request.[break][break]

We’ve got some fires to light!” Sol doesn’t say anything. He’s too busy assessing the best place to start. Finally, he settles on the leftmost one. They’ll do a half circle before the grand finale. After a few passes over the crowd, rising and falling with casual easy, he shoots like a rocket towards the first torch.[break][break]

A flick of his tail makes the kindling light. That’s down. Two, three, four soon follow. Just one more to go. He has something special planned for this one. Navy grabs the torch before the tail can light it, bringing it back with him as he steadies above the center mass of the crowd.[break][break]

It’s a long way to the top, Sol! Let’s get there!” He tosses the torch above him, letting it climb a few scarce feet on its own. Sol follows. His claws swipe up in a vicious air slash, urging it higher and higher into the air. Again and again, with torrents of air forming around his claws and under his wingbeats, he forces the torch up.[break][break]

Finally, Sol unleashes a gout of flames. The torch catches on fire. It falls right into Navy’s waiting arms. Turning their attention back down, trainer and Pokemon let out rebel yells as they dive. It’s reckless, like watching someone ride a rollercoaster without the guard rails down. Navy’s smiling like a madman the whole time. Sol pulls up just in time, rounding to the stage again.[break][break]

Adding a bit of last-minute drama, Navy jumps. The crowd gasps. He breaks his fall with a roll. The torch is still in his hand. Jumping up, he gives a bow to the crowd before swaying the torch back around to another pair of contestants: and his Blastoise. He’s never met this guy before. He knows him by reputations. Just for today, they’re rivals. When two guys show up to a contest like this with a Charizard and a Blastoise, there’s nothing else you could call them.[break][break]

C’mon, Connors! Show us what you’ve got!” Hoenn’s newest gym leader says to its newest Elite 4 as the former steps back in line with the other contestants.
YG|NP3Ds+15

[break][break]

+ Air Slash used.

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.arties]font:11px roboto;--accent:#9efffe;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.arties]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.arties .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

lou

lam
he/him
twenty-six
may 7th
hau’oli city, alola
rooksexual (demi)
lilycove gym leader
gym leader
dinner in bed, and korean food, say ‘i love you’ just a little bit too soon.
awards
1,512 posts
lam logan DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lou
lam logan
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 3:34:25 GMT
lam logan Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","lam"]
[attr="class","body"]

[attr="class","sideinfo"]
[attr="class","charimage"]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","text"]

Lam was more than happy to let Jupiter take front and center. As they’d made their introductions and exited for the first round of performances, the raichu preened and trilled—pleased with himself despite his trainer’s mellower introduction. He couldn’t say he had a super dope or immersive show to put on—compared to the likes of the contestants before them, he probably gonna be given a run for his money. But the challenge was what made it fun, right?[break][break]

If this didn’t turn out to be the sorta vibe he fit with, then at least they’d given it a shot![break][break]

The lights dimmed down low as they took the stage again, the beat of the music dropped to a steady thump. As they moved, Jupiter picked up speed in time with the climb of the bass. The raichu darted around the stage kicking off bursts of electricity in bright pulses until he was a blur of crackling golden light.[break][break]

“Jupiter’s always been a bit flashy when it comes to taking the stage, dontcha think? But he really knows how to light up a joint!” No one should really ask Lam to ad lib. Ever.[break][break]

Crackling tendrils of electricity chase the rodent as he continues to dart about, and though the lights slowly start to rise, it wasn’t without the realization that Jupiter was tracing a particular shape with his movements, and before long the electricity combined with the speed he picked up running and jumping and hurtling down from the scaffolding form the charged up shape of a star as the music climbs back up in anticipation of a drop.[break][break]

“Show ‘em whatcha got, Jupe!”[break][break]

It was at that exact moment that the raichu dropped down in the center of the shape he’d more or less drawn, both front paws glowing as he THUNDER PUNCHED the air in a flurry of swipes akin to setting off a sparkler show.[break][break]

Rrid2cMq

[attr="class","ooc"]

@jethro
[break]

NOTES

- cool contest! cool contest![break]
- we still got no idea what we're doing![break]
- +15 bonus (og 151 + starter) = 22 total

[attr="class","credit"]MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=.lam]--accent:#9eb591;[/newclass]
[newclass=.lam]font:12px Poppins;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h1"]font:bold 16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam h2"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .sideinfo"]width:150px;padding:20px 0px;float:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .text"]padding:20px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .charimage img"]border:8px solid var(--accent);border-radius:50%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .ooc a"]font:bold 15px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn div"]background-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .pkmn img"]margin:5px -10px -10px -10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit"]font:10px Poppins;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".lam .credit a"]font:10px Poppins;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

fish

sleeping beauty
she/her
July 15
lumiose city, kalos
bisexual
public relations
rising star
she looks like, if you bit her, honey and milk would flow from her
awards
2,003 posts
luka chêne DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @luka
luka chêne
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2023 8:18:06 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]
Ever since her first near-win in a cool contest, Luka has been determined to take home the ribbon.[break][break]

The cute and beauty categories are both right up her alley, and somehow Helios had brought them home a tough ribbon. It's the latter two: clever and cool, that evade her. But this time, things will be different![break][break]

Amaretto grooms himself carefully backstage, almost obsessively making sure none of his sparkling tufts of fur are out of place. Luka giggles and pets his head, though is careful not to muss up all of his hard work. Even though they've already made a fairly solid first impression, it won't do to make any mistakes in the first real round of the contest.[break][break]

Their performance this time is quick and decisive. It incorporates a certain amount of flashiness, certainly— the unusual composition of Amaretto's body almost guarauntees that. But when Luka and her Eevee reemerge onstage their entrance is simple. There's no fanfare or fancy lighting this time around— they're relying solely on raw talent.[break][break]

"Learning and growing means pushing yourself to your limits more often than not. And I often feel like the people of Hoenn are the best at this kind of thing! Your strength and courage, the ability to adapt and change...it's what makes this region so stalwart and cool. And Amaretto and I want to achieve the same thing! Tonight, we're going to take the simplest of moves for you, and turn them into something amazing!"[break][break]

Amaretto stamps a paw against the ground and crouches low. He looks as though he's getting ready to pounce. For a moment his back legs tense, and then he leaps forwards so fast that for a moment, his body completely disappears.[break][break]

His quick attack ricochets across the stage, forming a star-shaped pattern only made visible by the streaks of multicolored light that reflect off his illuminated fur. Occasionally the imprint of his body can be made out, but it becomes apparent that these are nothing but afterimages left in his wake.[break][break]

One by one, Amaretto bursts through them, and they vanish. With one last flash of speed, so fast that a sound almost like thunder bursts from him, he zooms back to centerstage and comes to a sudden halt, fur on edge but a look of wild excitement on his face.[break][break]

nhxT8HN8 +15 (starter and 151 roll total is 81!)

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

Snubis

Grey / Connors
He / Him
Twenty-Six
October Thirty-one
Oldale Town
Heterosexual
Bee Enthusiast
Elite Four
1061 height
1061 height
awards
3,040 posts
part of
TAG WITH @greyson
Greyson Connors
POSTED ON Jun 16, 2023 3:39:56 GMT
Greyson Connors Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","char-wrap"]
[attr="class","char-main"]
[attr="class","char-words"]their appeal round is similar to their entrance — a stage consumed in the pitch black of night. music plays, soft and rhythmic, drums a subtle undertone to the beat of a heart.
[break][break]
an explosive burst sounds, inciting shouts of alarm, laughter, and clapping. these only heighten as the source of this noise — blastoise's cannons — reveal their grand design. a hydro pump splashes against the ceiling to rain down onto the stage. those near its edge would be covered in mist.
[break][break]
as the tempo rises, coming to pulsed crescendos, zap cannons spark along with them. in these brief moments of life, two figures are seen fighting. their movements are clearly rehearsed, but the silence of their actions, and the the environment to which they fight beneath, attempt to create a compelling story.
[break][break]
greyson and his blastoise strike, twist, turn, and dance; the turtle a surprisingly nimble pokemon, despite his shell. they attack and defend, the entire performance silent with the exception of displaced water and the crackle of electricity. it's far from perfect, however, their actions not nearly as convincing as a professionals, and at least twice greyson nearly slips on the floor. no doubt it brings his score down.
[break][break]
when it's over the blastoise stands over greyson, triumphent, maw twisted in a roar that never comes.
[break][break]
a final flash of zap cannon is more thunderous than the rest combined, before an all-consuming silence takes over.
[break][break]
as it ends, spotlights flash on, and the two - pokemon and trainer - bow, satisfied.

[break]

[attr="class","char-notes"]

notes

@contest[break]
[break]GxSMwTwT+15

[attr="class","char-pkmn"]

[newclass=.char-wrap] margin: 0 auto; width: 420px; background-color: #272727; box-shadow: 2px 2px 0px #333333,-2px 2px 0px #333333,2px -2px 0px #333333,-2px -2px 0px #333333; border: solid 1px #232323; border-radius:3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap b] color: #2a879e; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap i] color: #cecece; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-wrap u] font: 800 12px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; text-decoration: none; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-main] padding: 25px; font: 12.5px Poppins; text-align: justify; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-pkmn] margin-top: -25px; margin-bottom: 15px; display: flex; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-words] padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.char-notes] background: #2b2b2b; border: 1px #232323 solid; border-radius: 3px; padding: 5px 20px 15px 20px; margin: 10px 7px 0px 8px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes h1] text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 0px; letter-spacing: 2px; font: 600 14px Poppins; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
[newclass=.char-notes a] font: 13px Quattrocento Sans!important; letter-spacing: .5px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #d4a53c; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 17, 2023 19:50:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","howicontst2"] The moment that took the stage with their Nidoking, the crowd went silent to see just what the newcomer could perform for the crowd. The moment it let out its mighty roar, the crowd took to their feet and began to cheer like a pack of wild animals, as if motivated on by the creature's display of might. One could clearly hear a child in the front row pleading for their parents to get them a Nidoking just like Behemoth. Even Jethro seemed to be utterly speechless by the show of coolness that the pokemon had so clearly displayed. The cheering almost overpowered the applause meter. The contest judge himself even joined in on the cheers to show how utterly impressed he was with the pokemon.

It was a shame that the crowd didn't seem as frenzied by 's display with his display with Arrabiatta's smog. As it cleared into the crowd, some patrons found themselves coughing and hacking about from the way the smog infiltrated their lungs. Jethro pulled his shirt up over to cover his mouth and nose, but his eyes still stung from the infiltration of smoke. The security of the contest immediately turned on fans to vent out the smoke. Despite the hiccup, there were still a crowd of folks absolutely dazzled by Arrabiatta's display, almost like it wanted to try and smoke out the competition. Most of the crowd gave an awkward clap, but the few that saw the true genius in it gave a thorough round of applause.

21/200

And while gave a larger than life performance with Sol, the Charizard only seemed to wow the younger members of the audience. Perhaps the adults in the crowd thought the move was dangerous with Navy mounting his Charizard. While it was obvious that he was an experienced flier to some degree, the fire alarmed them more. It seemed the crowd was too worried that a slip up could happen that could cause the building to really catch fire. Perhaps Mint's performance left them on their toes, in fear of what could happen. Jethro himself still found the display to be rather impressive, but he was only there to represent the crowd's collective applause.

offered a charming performance of his own, and soon enough, the crowd was left dazzled by the display. Though not that the green haired man planned on it, some of the sparks flew out and hit some of the unsuspecting audience members. Thankfully the contest hall had a few medics on standby for such an incident. Fortunately they didn't seem too injured, just simply surprised by the backlash of the thunder punch. The crowd murmured among itself in concern and worry -- it was unfortunate that even though it had been but an accident, Jethro had to dock some points from the performance.

"Let's take a brief intermission so everyone can calm down. Are you and Jupiter ok, too?"

His concern came in a fashion that recognized that neither the trainer nor pokemon had been at fault. Accidents did happen, after all.

21/200

After the intermission concluded and the crowd had calmed down, it was 's turn to take the stage. Despite the simplicity of Amaretto's move, the crowd felt absolutely starstruck by its star-shaped pattern that it managed to form. Maybe the crowd just needed a moment to relax and unwind, as they really took to Luka's performance. Jethro gave his own applause and a pleased smile.

Perhaps it was the fact Greyson unfortunately slipped a couple times in his performance, but the crowd still seemed impressed by the performance. Though Jethro admired the way the two managed to blend electricity and water into a battle dance formation, he had to halve the result that the crowd's applause meter offered. It wasn't anything personal, it was just a focus in the rules that each display could only offer one move at a time. Despite this, the elite four member showed a certain je ne sais quoi that felt very performance-oriented. Perhaps he had the makings of an excellent contest performer.

With everyone's first round out of the way, Jethro grabbed the microphone and spoke up to let the trainers on stage know that they could move onto the next round at their leisure. The scoreboard above the judge's table flashed their current scores to let them know their standing.

"You've all done well enough as of now, but please keep dazzling us! The crowd is insatiable tonight!"

please make sure to post your introductory post by jun 24 @ 11:59 pm est time! don't forget that an additional cool move this round will allot you an additional +10 that will stack onto the +10 for an original 151 pokemon and +5 for those who are part of the starter branch listed in contest signup post!