6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Acid Trip [GYM][C/Desiree]
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2023 5:38:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Out of all the things Josh imagined becoming, Gym Leader was not one of them. Having tried to prep several people to become Gym Leaders themselves (here's looking at you, ), he made sure to secure an appointment as soon as he could. While he wasn't too keen on the drugs of questionable legality the Leader and her staff requested he ingest prior to the challenge, rules were rules. Plus, how different would it be from being lost in 's dream mist? That Gym Challenge was one of the most entertaining he had been to in the entire Minor League, and now it was Major League! Plus, even if it was only his dream, he got to meet Raikou! A real-seeming impostor that imitated Raikou closely enough, that was. Regardless of its authenticity, even seeing a Raikou look-alike was enough to bring happiness to Josh and his most loyal electric Pokémon.

The castle and garden were large enough to accommodate Raikiri, Josh's well-known Zeraora steed. As such, he maintained his preference to stay in the saddle even through registration, which may have intimidated poor Desiree's receptionist. Nonetheless, when the process was complete, he would follow their instructions to reach the Gym Leader, and when prompted, ingest the hallucogenic as part of his challenge.

{WC: 215}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
✧ do i know what's real? ✧
awards
613 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Oct 19, 2023 21:05:41 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","desikiss"]
[attr="class","body"]

The winding rose vines that accompanied the columns that stretched upward into the castle glistened as they were tended to by a variety of fairy and grass type pokemon, and as made his way into the makeshift lobby of an entrance, a mere Shiinotic peeked its mushroom cap from the back of the desk of greetings and looked down at the registration tablet that rested before him. Unlike most gyms that had staffing of ordinary humans, the Psychedelic Chateau was staffed entirely by Desiree's pokemon; the powers of automation, right? Though the mushroom pokemon was a bit confused with the gesture of his staying on the saddle of his pokemon, quirks were quirks, and once Josh had finished his sign-in and triggered the ding of conclusion all that was left was guiding him to the obstacle course that rested much deeper down the grand hallway.[break][break]

Had he not been on the back of the pokemon during the process, Shiinotic would have offered to hold his hand to accompany him to the course, but he seemed to have it handled! Provided that he had followed once the screen had said that everything was ready to go, marked by a grand archway with a sign adorned in blossoming flora spelling 'SLIDE' would be the entrance of the nontraditional gym challenge; it opened up into a sea of soft rose and violet foam blocks with a colossal course shooting to the other side of the chamber, empty canvases lining the walls and small hot air balloons with canons floating over the track. Desiree remained at the start of the course stroking the hair of her Galarian Rapidash, and once she heard the trills of the Shiinotic, she turned around with a smile.[break][break]

"Josh, hi~! ♡ I was so excited to see that you're my first challenger, isn't it crazy how the tides have turned since our race at yours? It's an honor, but it's gonna be quite a different experience than what you're used to, I'm sure~!" She giggled, looking down at the twin bowls on pedestals that bridged the gap between the two of them. "I'm assuming you want to take on the slide course with this friend of yours, such a precious little guy! I'll match the vibes with Amalthea here, then- but speed isn't going to be the main factor at play here, it's what lies in these cutesy little bowls ma mère got me for holiday last year." Inside each of them would rest a small pink pill in a bed of multicolored petals, which if inspected, hosted hundreds of little circular fragmentals of what looked to be dust.[break][break]

Picking up her bowl off of the pedestal and holding it in front of her, all that was left was going over what would soon unfold on the eccentric castle's second obstacle course. "So here's the rundown- in these pills are a dosage of Shiinotic spores and a mixture of a few other ingredients, which when ingested, will cause your mind to undergo a few temporary psychedelic changes- and resting behind the finish line all the way over there are a set of similar pills which counteract those changes, subsiding the hallucinogenic. We'll line up next to each other right where that ribbon is at the front after taking the pill, and when the timer counts down from three and tells us to go, we'll go! ♡ It might be a bit of a hard trip with all of the obstacles flinging at us the whole way, and all the decisions we will have to make in guiding our pokemon with the external afflicting our minds, but we've got this. And by all means, use as many moves that may assist you in fending off the obstacles that your pokemon can handle! ♡" She exclaimed, motioning towards the bowl that had awaited him.[break][break]

"I was inspired by the Ultra Deep Sea to make such a challenge like this one, to help trainers prepare against the effects ethereal things may have against the human subconscious- and don't worry, these spores are completely safe to take in small quantities~! ♡ If you can successfully overcome the hallucinations provided by the spores, be the first to cross the finish line, or both, I'll be sure to award you with the Psychedelic Badge of the Minor League. So with that being said, bottoms up? ♡" Desiree said excitedly, plucking the pill from the bowl and swallowing it. If Josh were to follow in motion, the barren walls of the castle would begin to transform into a psychedelic wonderland, all of the empty canvases swirling with bright colors and outpouring into the shifting, colorful course below them. The sensation would be a bit less intense than that of the whirring core of the Ultra Deep Sea, but would still be fruitful; vision would become a bit blurred and trippy, and with that, a tingling of warmth across the skin.[break][break]

Pulling herself up onto the Rapidash, Amalthea would neigh in delight as they advanced to where the obstacle course would begin, an arch lined with pink roses and hanging gardenia bushes. Upon the horse of the fairies was a variety of silver and crystalline jewelry, which appeared to now fluctuate and let out echoing chimes with her movement.

[break][break]

NOTES

- the first roll and prompt will begin in my next post!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".desikiss"]--accent:#ff9ebe;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 23, 2023 5:01:48 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The castle was grand - perhaps more grand than 's castle Gym in Mauville. If it were not for the Shiinotic's guidance, Josh may have become lost in the great building's myriad of hallways. The signage slowly got better as he went deeper in, the SLIDE course marked by floral arrangements that were stunning to look at. Was this what his own challengers experienced when they beheld Mauville Racing Grounds? This was impressive, especially for the limited budget a Minor League Gym Leader had to work with. He remembered when he was a Minor Leaguer that he only had three courses to work with instead of the staggering twenty-four he had now.

The course was equally as impressive, reminding Josh of the ORDEAL course back at his home. "I never thought I would call you Gym Leader Desiree in my entire life," Josh replied. "I've been to a number of Gyms before. Every one of them is different, and that's what makes Hoenn's circuit so much fun! Even after I take the title of Champion the spring after next, I'll continue to challenge the Gyms I like the concepts of. And yours is intriguing."

Desiree seemed all too interested in Raikiri. "I do!" he chirped. "This is Raikiri, the fastest land Pokémon I've got. He can even outrun Beanbean. One of these days when our schedules align, I should take you for a ride on him. It's so much fun." He frowned a little when he heard that speed was not the focus of the slide course.

His eyes opened wide when the Gym Leader said Josh was to be subject to a strong halucogen as part of his challenge. One of the Gym Leader's strengths was his immense focus, very much needed to ride at the blistering speeds he was known for. "I'm a little familiar with the ethereal; I have a Dragapult I've ridden into the ethereal plane before. It and the Ultra Sea aren't that far off from one another."

Accepting the offered concoction, it was bottoms up. And the acid trip to come would be more intense than anything he had experienced in his life, Ultra Sea or no.

{WC: 363}
{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
613 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 1:13:21 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The kind words of Josh resonated within her in the form of a warm sensation, and he seemed quite determined to become a champion of the region within them. "I'll be honest, I didn't think I would either! ♡ I'm seeing this as a bit of a trial period, testing the waters before inquiring to enter the major leagues with my concept," Desiree smiled, hugging the side of Amalthea while trying ever so desperately to focus on the wavering vision of her challenger and his companion, ".. that would be quite fun, tres magnifique~! ♡ This course, these shroomie pills.. will test the reliance you two have on one another, as most gyms do. I have no doubts that the two of you will be able to achieve that together- but if it gets too much, please let me know." Clapping her hands together, one of the fairies that lined the entrance to the course, a Shiinotic, approached with two twin bottles of water ripe for the taking. Though she did find trouble in grabbing it due to the kaleidoscope in her vision, it eventually met her grasp; hydration would be crucial, and now was the time to indulge. [break][break]

"That might give you a vantage here, then~" She responded with a softness in her voice, trying to envision just what the ethereal plane looked like within her already occupied mind. If it indeed was similar to the Ultra Deep Sea and he once navigated it successfully, this bubbly track should be a piece of cake for him, or so she assumed. Once Josh had joined Desiree side by side at the starting point, activated by a button in her pocket would begin a countdown from ten on a screen adorned in vines and petals, echoing within her mind due to the psychedelic concoction. After the volume hit its apex, a puff of pink smoke would rain from the ceiling at the cutesy calling of go. Trying to hold onto the reins of the saddle tight, looking down to see her hands replicating into multiple, it was time to blast off into the track! She flicked the reins, prompting the fairy unicorn to gallop forward.[break][break]

And with that, the course would soon come to life, activating all of its quirks. "Good luck~!" She giggled, the lights fluctuating in her vision.

[attr="class","rbynote"]

OBSTACLE ONE | ♡¸.•'[break][break]

The 'slide' track's first obstacle consists of a sharp turn to the right, and following this, a sharp turn to the left. Hovering above this section is a hot-air balloon shooting large plastic balls, like soft boulders tumbling down, and has slightly raised platforms- if stepped on, these platforms will launch challengers backward or at the walls. The walls are lined with bouncy inflatable tubes.[break][break]

Please react to taking on the prompt in your post and roll once at the end of your post! You may begin to use one move of your pokemon's per post to fend off obstacles of your choice starting now, which will net you an advantage roll in the post after your upcoming post. I will be sending you a visual reference of the zones of the track imminently. DM me if you have any questions, and don't forget the effects of the mushroom spore pill!

[newclass=.rbynote]border-width: 9px 9px 9px 9px;border-style:solid;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/UUqNs3l.png') 9 9 9 9 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;background:#aaa;background-clip: padding-box;[/newclass]

[break][break]

NOTES

- amalthea stats below!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".desikiss b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".desikiss .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2023 3:56:18 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh saw Desiree stumble a bit in grabbing the water bottle her Shiinotic offered her. With a sigh, he guided Raikiri in a straight line, walking toward the fairy-type's left with his left hand while holding his right out to grab the bottle and remain hydrated. As he got closer, though, the narcotic began to take effect, making him see an inversion of his environment's true colors. The bright pinks of the Leader's hair turned to jungle greens, her skin tone changed from a light tan color to a deep, Megalopolan blue that made Josh panic for a moment. The bright-colored walls turned dark as night.

The Gym Leader's hand missed the water bottle, unable to see it and its translucent, clear liquid in his new environment. He reined Raikiri around to make another pass, missing again as his surroundings wavered like a mirage. It was only on the third pass that he secured it and took a drink out of it, spilling some of its contents onto the Zeraora's fur.

As the two Leaders lined up next to one another, Josh was glad Raikiri seemed to be more cognizant than he was; with the inverted color and cross-eyed vision, he couldn't even see the countdown on the screen. All he did was brace himself, relying on his Zeraora to spring forward and pass the Rapidash from the word go.

That did not happen; even the electric cat was confused by Josh's delirium. Not reacting immediately when the countdown ended, the mystical feline trailed Desiree and her Rapidash by such a wide margin that the challenger nearly lost her in the smoke.

duU_b3C4

{WC: 266}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
613 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Nov 6, 2023 5:07:22 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Flicking the reins of the saddle that rested upon the back of Amalthea, Desiree knew even within her psychedelic influence on her psyche that she could not hold back when it came to the competition; in her vision upon the glimmering sprouts of roses shifted visuals of crowns, those of which she wanted to pluck off one by one and place on her head. A voice accompanied them repeating the word 'win' over and over, as if she had her very own mental crowd rooting for her. And by all means, did she wish to, as she had not been able to shoot past the finish line of Josh's gym when she had attended those months ago.[break][break]

Amalthea was determined to use her swift hooves and her sharp protrusion within her flowing locks to her advantage, one way or another. Running upon the track and taking the first turn, the balls that rolled down the subtle slope were providing only the smallest of gaps, which she figured would require a swift reaction to pass them. With a graceful attempt to keep her trainer upon her back, she jumped at an angle, using a MEGAHORN (➕ advantage on roll in the following post for desiree!) attack on one of the plush boulder balls to send it flying into the skies. But there were many more, and with that, the small platforms on the ground triggered them to fly even faster due to bumping them upward into the air.[break][break]

jzhRY6UV
[break]

🌸 Even with both of the Gym Leader's experience in being exposed to the Ultra Deep Sea and its hallucinogenic core, both and seemingly had a hard time adjusting to the initial switch of the psyche granted by the mushroom spore pill. Though Desiree and the G!Rapidash of hers, Amalthea, left Josh and Raikiri in the dust with their sprint at the beginning of the obstacle course, and their launching of a big boulder ball into the pit below with MEGAHORN, once they landed one of the spring platforms on the floor launched them back to the start of the subtle incline.[break][break]

Though this put Desiree further behind Josh and the Zeraora, she would prove to not be the only one afflicted by such eccentric obstacles. Once Josh began his stride on the back of the electric type, he would soon be able to figure out that the green squares on the floor would cause a backward launch if stepped upon. Triggering a chain reaction once the feline's paw came in contact with it, they would bounce toward the wall and collide with a bouncy protrusion, bouncing them back to the start right beside Desiree.[break][break]

Both of them were right back where they started, and the balls being fired from the hot air balloon would not bestow mercy upon them. It was time for both of them to take to the first obstacle once more![break][break]

[attr="class","rbynote"]

OBSTACLE ONE: TAKE TWO | ♡¸.•'[break][break]

Desiree and Josh are still on obstacle one. The 'slide' track's first obstacle consists of a sharp turn to the right, and following this, a sharp turn to the left. Hovering above this section is a hot-air balloon shooting large plastic balls, like soft boulders tumbling down, and has slightly raised platforms- if stepped on, these platforms will launch challengers backward or at the walls. The walls are lined with bouncy inflatable tubes protruding.[break][break]

Please react to taking on the prompt in your post and roll once at the end of your post! You may use one move of your pokemon's per post to fend off obstacles of your choice, which will net you an advantage roll in the post after your upcoming post. DM me if you have any questions, and don't forget the effects of the mushroom spore pill!

[newclass=.rbynote]border-width: 9px 9px 9px 9px;border-style:solid;border-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/UUqNs3l.png') 9 9 9 9 repeat repeat;padding:6px 8px;color:#232323;text-align:justify;font:11px Calibri;letter-spacing:1px; margin-top:20px;background:#aaa;background-clip: padding-box;[/newclass]

[break][break]

NOTES

- amalthea stats below!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2023 3:12:09 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Raikiri charged off the line like a living lightning bolt. His speed was difficult to control when his rider was at full mental capacity. Under the influence of 's cocktail, controlling that speed would prove to be almost impossible. When the duo started to catch up, what was the Gym Leader and her Galarian Rapidash appeared as Raikou to him, beckoning him to chase the prize he desired more than anything else. "It's Raikou! Look, Raikiri, it's Raikou! After it!" Josh called out with slurred speech. The Zeraora, of course, knew that was not the case. Whether the Johto Beast of his dreams or what would give his loyal trainer Desiree's badge, his goal was to carry Josh to victory.

Josh flinched as Raikiri stepped on a green panel on the floor, the impaired rider hearing and seeing crashing lightning. The Beast was alongside him once more; it seemed even the Leader on duty was having trouble navigating her own course. "Pounce it, Raikiri!" Josh cried, pointing at the rival Pokémon. With a daring leap, the Zeraora would attempt to leap and BOUNCE over the green panels on the second go-around.

ssrVAHbD

{WC: 192}
{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
613 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2023 5:58:27 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Desiree held on as tight as she could to the reins and the sides of the unicorn pokemon, so much so that the muscles and her legs and arms felt as if they were melding to Amalthea's sides. It was surely due to the psychedelic pill, but it was almost like their bodies had evaporated and turned into a brilliant light; though even through such a brilliant spectacle, that warm feeling, and the strike of the horn of the Rapidash, they triggered one of the traps on the floor. The two tumbled through the skies, her instinct to hold on tight barely keeping her on the back of the horse, all the way back to the beginning.[break][break]

But Amalthea was far from giving up, shaking off the disorientation and continuing into the track once more. Josh's calls from behind sounded muffled, ringing within her ears- just where was this imagery of the legendary god of electricity? Did they have a surprise visitor? Flicking the reins and wondering if she'd soon be given a glimpse, the flashing kaleidoscope of the course presented blooming flora and dewdrops to her, the sounds of them hitting the floor being quite mesmerizing. She wanted to drink from them as if they were calling out to her. As the boulders of plush balls triggered the green panels, the fairy-type pokemon attempted to use AGILITY to squeeze through the gaps just enough to make it through.[break][break]

e|uBF681
[break]

🌸 Taking an obstacle for a second spin always proved more beneficial than the first, being that one was able to learn the secrets of what to expect. Within his psychedelic daze of the hallucinogenic, picturing Desiree and her Rapidash as Raikou, and Raikiri's bounce led them to make strides; the two were able to catch up and then some, seamlessly flinging over the green fling panels with ease. Coincidentally enough, with just enough force they could push all of the balls rolling toward them into the out-of-bounds pit too, sprinting up the coarse, around the bend, all the way to the next obstacle.[break][break]

As for and Amalthea, the wish to drink from the glimmering dewdrops of the flowers in her mind was able to keep her on. The fairy unicorn's empowerment with her agility brought her the ability to rapidly navigate the balls through the openings they provided in the middle of each other. Though they were a few breaths behind Josh and his Zeraora, they too were able to make it through the first obstacle to the floral meadows that awaited them. The two were neck and neck, side by side, able to face what awaited them together though on opposing competitive sides.

[attr="class","rbynote"]

OBSTACLE TWO | ♡¸.•'[break][break]

The 'slide' track's second obstacle, following the bend to lead to a straightaway in the course, opens up much more than before. It is a single platform coated entirely in pink and red rose petals, and if closely inspected by the challenging pokemon, has a set of nine holes making divots in the floral arrangement. Though this platform is raised on both sides, making a U shape that pokemon can attempt to take to avoid the holes, the sides are lined with extremely slippery ice. If the holes in the flat part of the path are stepped on, big inflatable hearts shall shoot out, flinging challengers toward the ice or the start of the second obstacle.[break][break]

Please react to taking on the prompt in your post and roll twice* at the end of your post! You may use one move of your pokemon's per post to fend off obstacles of your choice, which will net you an advantage roll in the post after your upcoming post. DM me if you have any questions, and don't forget the effects of the mushroom spore pill! *: you have advantage due to the use of 'bounce', though your roll does not net you advantage due to being lower than 76. desiree gets double advantage next post due to the use of 'agility' and a roll of 81.

[break][break]

NOTES

- amalthea stats below!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
·
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2023 7:35:49 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Wait, did they actually pass Raikou? They were in first place, in front of the god of speed? Wes Raikiri really the Beast's equal after all? That was what swirled through the Mauville Leader's mind, high on 's Spore concoction as he crossed the line to the next segment of the wild course that never would have passed Federation safety standards.

The Gym Leader's impaired senses caused him to completely miss the giant divots; from his perspective, the floral arrangement was a giant red and purple field that stretched all the way to the horizon. "Floor it, Raikiri! QUICK ATTACK!" The illusion of an endless flatlands marring Josh's judgment, he rode forward with reckless abandon as his electric steed became a blur. It felt like riding a living lightning bolt. Perhaps the feline's sharp claws would lend him traction on the slick ground...

2jQ|ERIg ||

{WC: 143}
{PC: 5}

·
close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
613 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2023 22:44:19 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Navigating with great speed through the divots in the soft boulder balls, Desiree's heartbeat intensified as they got so close to getting bonked, ultimately enhanced by the mushroom spores. While she had expected such to unfold, actually doing it for the first time was quite the ethereal experience; it was as if she could hear the dew dropping and echoing from the spinning, swirling colors of flowers that had manifested in her sight. Gripping onto the saddle with a wish to not fling off, especially at such agile speeds of the fairy unicorn pokemon, the speed kicked by Amalthea's hooves waned when the course opened up.[break][break]

Josh was visible just in front of her in her hazy, blossoming vision, which prompted her mind to crave speeding past him- even with so much going on in there. She wished to give him a challenge, just as he did her all those months ago! "Watch the holes, Amalthea~! ♡" She commanded the Rapidash with a hint of a giggle, the soft mane tickling the skin cloaking her tired muscles. Channeling pink energies through its horn and releasing them, the pokemon attempted to lift some of the clumps of petals with PSYCHIC to reveal the indentations of the course further. Though taking the side of the course was indeed tempting, after their previous exhibition of speed Amalthea did not wish to slip on the melting, dripping ice. And Desiree was all on board to take to the fields of flowers, as they sounded as if they were singing, calling her to prance upon them.

2h34W5w3
[break]

🌸 Perhaps the pace of the gym was moving much faster than Desiree originally anticipated in her drafting of the challenge, or perhaps it was just luck in the form of determination, trust effervescent in the endeavors of both of the Gym Leader's pokemon. Taking to the course head on with a dazzling QUICK ATTACK of Raikiri, the electric type and found themselves able to sprint through with ease, especially due to the gripping of sharp claws. Having ignored the indentations in the field of petals, they almost made it all the way through without triggering one of the inflatable hearts; but at the last indent in the ground one triggered, rapidly inflating and launching them. However, due to the speed, it launched them to the third obstacle with nothing but a shock at best![break][break]

Following Josh's successful attempt at taking the second section of the course, and Amalthea took to it with grace, called upon by the hallucinations of the petals singing encouraging words. Having lifted clumps with PSYCHIC, the petals began to wither and turn into pink dust, showcasing the divots in the ground much more visibly than before. Due to this, the two galloped with graceful hops and strides to the next obstacle in a flawless, elegant nature. This led them to once again be neck and neck with Josh, right beside each other to both competitively take to obstacle three at the same time![break][break]

[attr="class","rbynote"]

OBSTACLE THREE | ♡¸.•'[break][break]

The 'slide' track's third obstacle following the field of flowers and inflatable hearts starts with a jump over an open piece of the ground, and despite its smaller nature due to being designed to have been taken on foot, may present as much larger due to the effects of the mushroom spore pill. After making this jump, the course forks into two identical paths, almost like riding on the ridges of a donut; they are sloped to raise upward from the center, increasing the chances of falling into the foam pit in the center. On both of these paths rests a variety of activated pink balloon columns, moving back and forth; if not taken wisely, these may bump trainers to the start of the obstacle or off the course into the foam pit![break][break]

Please react to taking on the prompt in your post and roll twice* at the end of your post! You may use one move of your pokemon's per post to fend off obstacles of your choice, which will net you an advantage roll in the post after your upcoming post. DM me if you have any questions, and don't forget the effects of the mushroom spore pill! *: you have received advantage due to your use of quick attack. desiree gets double advantage next post due to the use of 'psychic' and a roll of 100.

[break][break]

NOTES

- amalthea stats below!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
··
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2023 7:40:17 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh and his mythical feline mount danced across the colorful course with the speed of a lightning strike, the rider having to close his eyes at times. Though he was not photosensitive, the rapidly-shifting colors were painful to perceive, made far worse by the high he was on from Desiree's mushroom soup! Even through his high, he could feel himself being hurled skyward, Raikiri's cocoon the only thing keeping the young male aboard his Pokémon.

The two just barely landed on their feet, past a second inflatable that would have been a major setback had they landed on the wrong side of it. What the catapulting obstacle did do, though, was sap the challenger and his Zeraora of a lot of speed. They had been sapped of so much speed that and her Rapidash had caught up to them. It was a tight race, and they were running out of checkpoints to make a move!

Perceiving the narrow path to be much wider than it actually was, the Master of Faster flicked Raikiri's reins to the right. Thinking he had more room than he did, the Gym Leader recklessly commanded AGILITY from the big cat. The resulting burst of extreme speed pushed Josh's facial skin toward the back of his head, tan and cream skin turning white as it stretched over his bones.

JMw64Nnu ||

{WC: 225}
{PC: 6}

·
close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
613 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2023 9:42:52 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The singing of the surrounding flowers in her mind withered away at the psychic uplift of Amalthea, and with that, the next obstacle was imminent. In Desiree's vision appeared the gap in the course she knew the two would need to jump over; though, it seemed to be stretching endlessly in the direction of the finish line, colors bleeding out from the top like crayons fueled with a hairdryer. Holding onto the sides of the fairy unicorn with all the force in the world, the two shot through the skies to bridge the gap, the wind making goosebumps rise on her skin. Everything was a kaleidoscope blur in the heart of the track, and the reverberation of hoove on stone sent ringing through her ears and trembles up her spine.[break][break]

But the instinctual flick of the reins brought the fairy type to run faster, competitiveness in its eyes as it witnessed the exhibition of speed from the challenger and his mythical pokemon. Wishing to keep up with Josh, Amalthea used AGILITY to take on the path opposite of the fellow Gym Leader, trotting and galloping with determination. Noticing the balloons, it gracefully attempted to waver around the columns as if she was running through a corridor of a castle at top speeds. Occasionally, the fluttering hair of both the pinkette and her companion would rub up against the balloons, bringing the ringing of her ears to turn into a sound synonymous with nails on a chalkboard. But she held on with all her might, an overwhelming pressure to exhibit the same and more of what she had showcased in Mauville's Gym, facing off against the same face.

yC8ceaCs
[break]

🌸 The initial jump of the third obstacle was child's play for both of the challengers' pokemon, as the two were able to shoot across it with all the ease in the world. That was a benefit for taking the track on saddleback rather than on foot, no doubt. But the real fun came from both of their efforts of using AGILITY to take on the narrow pathways simultaneously; and the master of faster, , and Raikiri, were able to pull through with all the ease in the world. Though the choice was quite reckless, brought on by the mushroom spores, the Mauville Gym Leader and the electric type were capable of shooting across with so much speed that not even a single balloon column could get close to pushing them off course![break][break]

As for and Amalthea, their enhancement of agile movement was unlucky in the fact that the Rapidash's activation was a second too early, right when most of the columns were in the center of the path. Though the collision was not enough to send the pinkette or the unicorn flying into the foam pit, or push them off course, hitting so many bouncy balloons caused them to fall behind Josh. With a considerable gap between them, Josh and Raikiri were now ahead of Desiree and Amalthea by about five paces, able to take on the fourth obstacle just before they were!

[attr="class","rbynote"]

OBSTACLE FOUR | ♡¸.•'[break][break]

The 'slide' track's fourth obstacle consists of a single, fairly large platform leading upward with a significant incline. This platform is made almost entirely of slippy ice, accompanied by arrays of sparkling gemstones deep within of all types. A nightmare to try to run upward, though indeed possible, the quirk of this obstacle resides in either the motivation to take it slow and slip upward, or stepping on the ever so familiar green square panels scattered about. Like in a previous obstacle, if stepped on these platforms will shoot outward in a random direction; either toward the start of obstacle four or if lucky, the last obstacle. And to make things worse, at the end are fans pushing melted ice downward to further this obstacle's difficult nature.[break][break]

Please react to taking on the prompt in your post and roll three times* at the end of your post! You may use one move of your pokemon's per post to fend off obstacles of your choice, which will net you an advantage roll in the post after your upcoming post. DM me if you have any questions, and don't forget the effects of the mushroom spore pill! *: you have received double advantage due to your use of agility and a roll of 95. desiree gets advantage due to the use of agility, but does not get an additional advantage due to rolling a 44.

[break][break]

NOTES

- amalthea stats below!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
··
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2023 4:17:46 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
When Josh had passed and Amalthea, he was completely unaware he had done so; he believed one of the sparkling gemstones on the slope to be the Galarian Rapidash that was actually behind him! Furthermore, the young racer's wavering perception was getting worse as the race went on. His competitive instincts compelled him to command his mount in ways that were not only unintuitive, but very unlike him. Where the sober Raikiri saw an icy slope, the impaired challenger saw an icy cliff, the gemstones jutting outward the only safe places to land. Acting on the false surroundings before him, Josh raised the cat's reins to head-level before loosing a sharp pulse with a vigorous flick of his wrists.

The Zeraora was obedient. Rather than run straight up the icy surface, the electric-type BOUNCED from gemstone to gemstone, Josh not knowing how small they were. It would take incredible precision from the thundercat to make it all the way up the slope he thought was a climbing wall. One mistimed jump was all it would take for them to land when an ice block passed over a gem and send them back to the start of the slope!

Zam3mjdO || ||

{WC: 199}
{PC: 7}

··
close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
613 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2023 22:08:07 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Accompanied by the visions of gemstones fluttering amidst the ice sheet that spanned before her eyes, Desiree could see within the blur that Josh was ahead of her by quite a few paces; it was as if she could feel the competitive pounding in her chest accompanied by her heartbeat, for he was showing her up again! But all was fair, considering he was indeed the master of faster. Once they had advanced from the third obstacle, Desiree held on tight to the sides of the fairy unicorn as it attempted to release a DAZZLING GLEAM, a wish to illuminate the fractals of gems to guide their path. Though they were behind the fellow Gym Leader, the gaze of the Rapidash focused on the path that they took, taking into account the familiar launch pads that had shown themselves at the very beginning.[break][break]

The chill that had kicked up from the ice sheet brought goosebumps to Desiree's skin, which felt so cold, just like the depths of the swamp she had been pulled into on the night of the blood moon. And it had not helped that the crystals embedded in the ice began to shift, looking like the tentacles of the Nihilego that had grappled her and caused her to submerge- but she was familiar with the course, she had it built with her own guidance step by step! It could not be possible, she kept telling herself that with each fairy hop the psychic type had made over the ice. Arceus forbid they were to slip, however, as it would only heighten the anxieties that blossomed with the wretched, artificial sight of her recent past that truly did not exist.

BpDvt8|w
[break]
* for some reason my rolls changed when i edited, i think because i initially forgot to get rid of the quote from my previous post when starting this one! the original rolls were 30 and 33, so i'm using those instead of those displayed above.

🌸 There was strength in taking on the obstacle first, as with each passing moment, more and more of the ice began to melt and trickle down; it created a slippery downward slope, but that seemingly had no effect on and Raikiri! Hopping from gemstone to gemstone with ease, the mythical pokemon had been able to use BOUNCE to its ultimate vantage- it was so precise, not even a slip would occur, perfection exhibited with their emergence to the final obstacle![break][break]

As for and Amalthea, they had not been as lucky. As the ice began to melt, the hooves of the fairy unicorn were brought to slip; not even their use of DAZZLING GLEAM to illuminate the gemstones, giving a hint as to where they should step could help. Faltering, the Rapidash would slip and begin to fall toward the start of the course, right onto one of the green launch platforms. When activated, it launched them upward all the way to the top of the ice sheet. Luck may have been on their side in that regard, but the slip and fling would only enhance their anxieties and shake them up a bit, able to take the final obstacle just behind Josh but accompanied by a bit of a struggle.

[attr="class","rbynote"]

OBSTACLE FIVE: FINAL | ♡¸.•'[break][break]

The 'slide' track's fifth and final obstacle consists of a single, large expanse of a gap between the final checkpoint platform and the finish line! Within this gap are a series of floating blocks, held up by psychic energies granted to them; the source would be none other than a Hatterene across the finish line, sitting right next to the bowl of sobering pills. The only way to clear this obstacle, and the rest of the course, will be to jump from block to block- and though the fairy type's mental strength is indeed strong, the levitating blocks do move around quite a bit, unstable. If successful in jumping across, the ribbon at the end of the finish line is ripe for the cutting! But if luck is not on the side of the challengers, they will inevitably fall into the foam pit below, soon to be levitated to the beginning of the final obstacle by a similar psychic grasp.[break][break]

Please react to taking on the prompt in your post and roll three times* at the end of your post! You may use one move of your pokemon's per post to fend off or assist in obstacles of your choice, which will net you an advantage roll in the post after your upcoming post if rng is not on your side (will be for flavor if passing the final obstacle!). DM me if you have any questions, and don't forget the effects of the mushroom spore pill! *: you have received double advantage due to your use of bounce and a roll of 100. desiree gets advantage due to the use of dazzling gleam, but gets disadvantage due to her roll of 33, forcing her to take the middle roll of three.

[break][break]

NOTES

- amalthea stats below!

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
·
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,114 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2023 5:02:31 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The mythical feline's moves were fast and precise. Perhaps a bit too fast and precise for them both; the leaps back and forth whipped Josh about in his cocoon. As his mind wandered to 's antics with her Venusaur, ones she wouldn't stop texting him about, the psychedelic concoction's effects intensified. He looked back to get a feel for where he was in the race, and could not see nor her Rapidash. Did that mean they were really far ahead?

When Josh turned his head to face forward, he screamed at what he saw: rather than the feline's back, his impaired vision perceived the bulb at the end of a Venusaur's vine. Its loop built as the Zeraora swerved and clawed his way up the sheer cliff, seeing the giant gap. Even with his super speed, Raikiri wasn't clearing it in a single bound.

There was nothing stopping him from clearing it in two.

As Josh's warped perception caused him to see and feel like be was being hurled downward, a massive maelstrom of electricity erupted around the thundercat's legs. Too enslaved by the fear of being torn to shreds by virtue of not being in his Sygna Suit as the vine was about to lash, he didn't notice Raikiri drawing power from his Z-GLOVE. At the same time the mythical Pokémon leaped across the void in a Z-MOVE: HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE, the sonic explosion from the ultra-high speed coincided with the hallucination of the Vine Whip cracking with him on it. He let out a loud scream of pure fright as Raikiri sailed toward one of the floating platforms near the middle of the gap, grabbing onto the yellow fur with every bit of strength he had.

UKCWlgAI || ||

{WC: 290}
{PC: 8}

··