6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
Round Three: Josh vs. Elise [VCT]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 7:05:52 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
With Josh so close to the title of Champion, a battle tournament would be a great way to get the Master of Faster prepared for his title match with KYLE LOPEZ. His regulars would be watching from the lounge on the second floor of Mauville Gym, following the action and watching feature matches their Leader was involved in.

The sheer efficiency that the tournament's healing machines operated at was a marvel of the event: they worked faster than ones at most Pokémon Centers, making sure the Pokémon were all in top shape for each round. This was going to be a long day: battle after battle. With them being only one Pokémon per side, at the very least they would be quick. As Josh was sipping on a bottle of water, an announcement blared over the venue's loudspeakers:

"Attention all Vital City Tournament participants. Pairings are up for round three. Pairings are up for round three."

Pulling up the list on his phone, he scrolled down to his name and found his opponent and his assigned arena number. That opponent was .

Josh took his place on his assigned side of the battleground. Next to him was Raikiri, the Zeraora he was known for. It seemed he wasn't fooling around; he was in it to win the whole tournament. "I was hoping we would see each other in the tournament, Elise, but not this early on." the Gym Leader waved. "We got a feature match, too. Everyone at Mauville Gym's watching. No pressure!"

Planning to use a Z-Move!

{WC: 256}
{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥♥

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
darling, so share with me
or pain if that's what it is
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2024 15:30:53 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","elisetest3"]
[attr="class","body"]

Having two gym badges in her ownership, she was a bit more confident that her battling could improve a little more if she goes at it. Her smartphone tells her the pairing that she would up against as she sees the name, , on the list. The Mauville Gym Leader himself was a friend of hers, so she was happy to battle him outside of racing at the Mauville gym. Putting away her smartphone into her bag and going to the battleground, the dark-haired gym leader was there at the side of the battleground itself.[break][break]

Elise knew that he had far more battling experience than she would’ve, but it wouldn’t stop her from having fun with a friend here. “Hello Josh, I was not expecting that we would face each other early too.” The royal ambassador spoke with a smile when he tells her that Mauville gym was watching their match and she’d take her opposite side of the battleground. “Let’s give them a feature match worth watching, my partner Pokemon and I won’t hold back.”

[break][break]

NOTES

- Using Terastalization - Gimmick[break]
- Health: 3/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3"]--accent:#D0BDF0;font:12px Poppins;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 a"]font:12px Poppins;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit a"]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 6:36:53 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Elise seemed as enthusiastic as Josh was about their match being streamed for all of Hoenn to watch. He was sure his folks JAMIE DEVLIN and JIM DEVLIN were watching from the apartment back in Mauville, too. "Let's not keep them waiting any more. You might know who you're up against already. It... won't be easy for you. I'm planning on making a deep run in the tournament."

Josh's banter over, the Gym Leader click his Poké Ball's switch, a quadrupedal Zeraora emerging from within. His PLASMA PAWS glowed like lightning as he lunged toward the floating phantom. While there was no physical body for him to grapple, there was a soul gem to strike. Paws outstretched like a sprinting predator, they would sting if they made direct contact at such a high speed.

VWXOMmdo

{WC: 134}
{PC: 1}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
i long to stay where the light dwells to guard against the cold that i know so well
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 21:25:57 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

With Josh being the better battler, the royal ambassador gives the dark-haired gym leader a nod as he tells her she might know which Pokemon she would be up against. “You’ve brought your Zeraora, right? Raikiri will be the very first mythical Pokemon that my Pokemon will be battling against, but even if it won’t be easy, we’ll have to try.” Raikiri was a much faster Pokemon than all of her Pokemon combined, but she’ll make their match an entertaining one for the Mauville denizens to see too.[break][break]

Her hand takes out the Moon Ball from her belt and pressed the button to send out her Mismagius, a Pokemon that she considered her childhood friend, confidant, and a loyal partner. When Elise had been subjected to bullying and ostracization from the other children, Mana had been there for her and understood her pain. [break][break]

As Raikiri struck with Plasma Paws, the thunder cat’s high speed made dodging not possible for the floating spectral witch. Mana gets knocked back by the electric type cat’s attack and hisses from the soul gem being hit. Uttering an incantation when the phantasmal witch floats up slightly in the air, she fires a Shadow Ball at Raikiri with the darkened sphere of energy trying to hit the Zeraora head-on.[break][break]

den5_aGT

[break][break]

NOTES

- Using Terastalization - Gimmick (+15 to rolls that are an even number)[break]
- Health: 3/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
[newclass=".elisetest3 b"]color:var(--accent);font:bold 14px Roboto;letter-spacing:.1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h1"]font:16px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 h2"]font:14px Poppins;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".elisetest3 .credit"]width:100px;background-color:#232323;font-size:10px;margin-top:7px;padding:3px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 2, 2024 22:30:58 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Raikiri was far too nimble for such a slow attack to connect; by the time the SHADOW BALL had been released, the Zeraora was already underneath Mana, the space around her soul gem crackling with electricity. "Care to try again?" the Gym Leader and coworker taunted, feeling like he was in a good spot. If he wanted to make the top cut, or at least advance to Day Two, every battle was important. He couldn't afford more than a couple losses if he wanted to keep himself in contention.

Taking advantage of his position underneath the ghost-type, Raikiri flexed all four of his legs, BOUNCING high into the air. Were Mana not able to fade out of the way in time, she might find herself going too fast to clearly see. Perhaps even traveling at speeds that would make her sick.

pLIp68qh

{WC: 141}
{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2024 15:44:19 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The ghost type Pokemon clicks her tongue in frustration when she couldn’t hit the Zeraora. Raikiri’s speed was no slouch in being much faster than she was, but the Mismagius wanted to take a win for her mistress. Josh began to taunt her with asking if the ambassador wanted to try again and there was a flash of memory over the pain she had to go through in childhood with the taunting from the other children being the worst.[break][break]

“You just want to kick me while I am down, do you?” The princess’ neutral demeanor turns to a frown as her Mismagius tries to hit the bouncing Zeraora with a Psychic blast. Mana’s body glows blue as she concentrates psychic energy in trying to hit the faster Zeraora himself.[break][break]

2KryyGcY

[break][break]

NOTES

- Health: 2/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2024 5:15:03 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Mana's PSYCHIC attack pushed Raikiri off course just enough for her to evade the leaping strike. This left the Zeraora at gravity's mercy -- and the phantom's, using the telekinetic energy to make the Zeraora painfully land on his side. Ouch! Though he was quick to stand, the feline's gallop looked more like the fastest limp in the world, having a tendency to move left with every stride.

With the soul gem ever elusive, Josh had little choice. Rather than striking it directly. he commanded the thundercat to hurl a volley of ELECTRO BALLS at the ghost, each one detonating shortly after being thrown. While they at first looked haphazard, he was trying to lead the Mismagius to the arena's center!

GCVNUjDz

{WC: 120}
{PC: 4}

Raikiri       Zeraora        ♥♥

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 15:55:55 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

A hit on the Zeraora meant that the royal and her Mismagius had one smaller hope to keep fighting the gym leader and his fast thunder cat. The next move that Josh’s Zeraora did was a slew of Electro Balls being thrown at the ghost. Mana gets hit by one of the Electro Balls as the electricity courses through the spectral body though she dodges more of the cat’s Electro Balls too.[break][break]

With a frown on her W shaped mouth, the Mismagius closes her eyes and opens them with glowing red eyees to send a Psychic blast hurling towards the fast Zeraora. If she had to, the ghost would do everything to ensure that the faster thunder cat would be the one she’ll beat![break][break]

jTKMLg66

[break][break]

NOTES

- Health: 2/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 17:21:27 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
With the speed the Zeraora was used to moving at, his reaction time was seemingly supernatural. At the first red glint of Mana's eyes, Raikiri zoomed to the corner of the battle court. may have been able to see what was coming, given her position at Mauville Gym. If there was anyone that could defend against the move telegraphed by Josh's glistening Z-GLOVE, it was her.

Encircled in lightning bolts, Raikiri rammed toward Mana with speed so ferocious that it looked like a teleport to the untrained eye. Passing his own sound waves, the threat of the HYPERSONIC PLASMA CHARGE would be threefold: the force of his charging claws, the line of lightning that followed, and the sonic boom after.

CrzIFhZN+50

Z-Move used this turn!

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2024 20:19:05 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

Elise knows that the Z-move from the Zeraora would be coming and as soon as the Z-Crystal from Josh’s Z-Glove glowed to activate the Zeraora’s Z-move. Her Mismagius had to prepare to defend against the move itself since there would be absolute hell to get through this fight. Watching the Zeraora charge towards her in a speed that was like a bullet train, she uses Psychic to attempt to defend herself against the speeding cat.[break][break]

Following the Psychic, Mana feels Raikiri’s strike with Hypersonic Plasma Charge as the lightning courses through the ghost’s body. “It’s time. We’re on our last stand too.” The Galarian princess calmly spoke before tapping onto her Tera Orb around her belt to Terastalize her Mismagius into the Fairy Tera Type.[break][break]

Mana moves to the side and the red eyes of the Fairy Tera crowned Mismagius glow purple as another Shadow Ball forms in front of her and Mana would launch it at the Zeraora![break][break]

cxWodbjr + 15

[break][break]

NOTES

- Health: 1/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 0:02:13 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The two Pokémon had thrown their full power at one another: Raikiri's supersonic attack clashed against Mana's Terastal body. It took every bit of his Z-Power to shatter the Fairy-type's protective crystal. Both appeared to be reeling and on their last legs, the speedster too exhausted to run anywhere near fast enough to take the match with a Quick Attack.

Reduced to a single ELECTRO BALL, but a large one, Raikiri reared, kicking his front paws into the charged sphere. The two energy projectiles zoomed toward one another, both within the blast radius the colliding attacks would create. It was just a matter of which one had the endurance to survive the longest in their vastly weakened state...!

OGVulALK

{PC: 6}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 15:10:01 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

The Electro Balls stop from the thunder cat to the Zeraora only sending in one Electro Ball. In this final round, everything would go to the victor and Elise had to surpass Josh if she wanted to prove her worth in the Hoenn league. Surpassing her boss and the Mauville gym leader himself meant that she had improved on her battling skills from the last time in the conflict at Route 105’s island. That Rocket lady who injured her would be wrong now.[break][break]

Elise was stronger than she was then.[break][break]

In meeting with the Zeraora’s electric attack, the floating witch ghost’s chest jewels glow bright red as Mana sends a fiery Mystical Fire and attempts to make the match for those watching in Mauville an even exciting one in the finale. Blue flames release themselves from the fiery ring to head straight towards the battered thunder cat![break][break]

dRxMZW3X + 15

[break][break]

NOTES

- Health: 1/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,129 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 15:50:16 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Raikiri was simply too exhausted to move after the MYSTICAL FIRE washed over him. As fast as the thundercat was, there was no dodging attacks as fast as the mind could conceive. The buzzer would cut the match short right as Mana's blue fire formed.

The electric-type saved by time being called, the match would go to a judge decision. After a lengthy review, the officials gave the match to Josh. Withdrawing his exhausted Pokémon, the Gym Leader walked up to his coworker and extended his hand. "You're... formidable," Josh sighed, already starting to feel the burn of close matches. He wouldn't even get a break; once all the scores were entered, he would have to go straight to his next match. "As expected of a fellow Gym Leader. You'll make it far in his tournament. Good luck to you!"

{PC: 7}

close tab

played by

LunarMona

Elly, El
she/her
December 24
Hammerlocke, Galar
Bisexual
Galarian Ambassador
Ranger Cadet
5'7" / 170 cm height
5'7" / 170 cm height
awards
2,370 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elise
Elise Calcifet
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2024 16:24:24 GMT
Elise Calcifet Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","body"]

While the Mystical Fire washes over the exhausted Zeraora, the referee stops them since the match winner was decided through time-out. She doesn’t think that the last move didn’t net them the win and that their last stand was in vain. Sure enough, she could hear the name of her boss in the referee’s call too when time had saved the thunder cat from being defeated.[break][break]

“The winner is Josh Devlin from Mauville City!”[break][break]

Elise closes her eyes for a small moment, the feeling of hopelessness started to wash over her. When she opens her eyes and returns her tired Mismagius inside her Moon Ball, the female royal takes Josh’s hand. “You were very good too. Now I’ve seen Raikiri in battle when he’s not racing.” A smile came on the ambassador’s face when she’s glad to have the match with him. “Thank you, Josh. I wish you good luck too on whoever you’re paired up with in other matches and I’ll watch you too.”[break][break]

After giving Josh his handshake, the ambassador goes to meet up with her next opponent in the tournament at the other arena and her Mismagius follows.

@tag [break][break]

NOTES

- Health: 0/3

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
MADE BY GUNSMILE

[googlefont=Poppins]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,032 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2024 3:20:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]VCT COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: