6,008 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
[M][C/Desiree] Lightning-Fast Delivery
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 15:24:43 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Josh had been taking on egg deliveries throughout Hoenn; after becoming Champion, his media exposure had multiplied. If he wasn't well-known for travel and delivery reliability already, he certainly was now. Unlike previous deliveries, these eggs were secured particularly well, letting Josh bring any Pokémon he wanted. His very fastest cats were all out of their Poké Balls, with Aleph the Type: Null serving as the troupe's guard.

Seated upon Josh's Luxray was a Shiny Zeraora, holding the feline's reins just as skillfully as a human would. "Great you could make it, Desiree," the Champion waved toward his friend. "I know you've seen Raikiri, but I have a second after the tournament, too. Meet Zaborg," he gestured toward the white-furred electric-type. Though the two Zeraora were the same species, they couldn't be any more different; the one Josh was seated on looked more feral being on all fours, while the Shiny one looked much more regal, with great riding posture.

With Aslan the Shiny Pyroar carrying the cargo, Josh and his team were ready to make the trip from Rustboro to Fallarbor. But where was his sixth Pokémon? His RAINBOW FEATHER gleamed in the late morning sun, perhaps reflecting into Desiree's eyes by coincidence...

{PC: 1}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Raikou        Raging Bolt    Good
Aslan         Pyroar**       Good
Blitz         Luxray**       Good
Raikiri       Zeraora        Good
Zaborg        Zeraora**      Good
Swift         Raikou         Good
close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
✧ do i know what's real? ✧
awards
605 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Apr 19, 2024 20:48:21 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","pilotsb desiree"]
[attr="class","top"]
[attr="class","topimagecutie"]

[attr="class","subtextbox"]
[attr="class","lyrics"]
i’m afraid they’re gonna find you[break]
and there’s nothing that i can do

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

[attr="class","imgavatar"]

Typically, Desiree rested on the other side of the coin when it came to deliveries- she was fond of ordering food as she was her fashion and accessories, but doing the delivery was something seldom accomplished in the life of nepotism she had been granted to live. But doing what she believed to be such a simple task would be a breath of fresh air in comparison to all the other rotted, grotesque, otherworldly things that she had been tending to as of late. It was appealing to think that a simple egg delivery would steer her dear friend and herself away from the toxic chain that sought expansion.[break][break]

The fluttering wings of the Tropius led her downward from the clouds to the unmistakable. "You too," she said softly in response, glimmering crimson eyes dampened by the current state of the world- or at least, what she had been made to witness since the beginning of the year. Lowering a hand from the side of her palm tree creature, she closed her eyes and softly grinned in greeting. "And bonjour, little Zaborg! Oh, who's a wittle cutie? You are~!"[break][break]

Forgetting the joys in life would make life not worth living- but with everything that had happened, the descent of Kyurem, the almost other world that existed beneath its slit, the possessions of many.. it stung a bit, being one that had been left unafflicted other than the renowned nausea and sickness bestowed.[break][break]

"Shall we.." her voice started yet trailed off, gaze falling onto the light that shone from peculiarity, ".. is that new?" She pointed toward the rainbow feather, head in full tilt. It seemed they both had surprises tucked away inside their grasps- she figured using this as an excuse to talk about hers, which sat warm in a pokeball inside of her purse, would be the right way to go about getting questions answered.[break][break]

But the strange rainbow feather only provoked more questions she wished to ask.

[attr="class","oocnotes"]
[break][break]
♡ ooc notes / tldr

[attr="class","pbottom"]
[attr="class","pkmnteam"]

[attr="class","mcredits"][attr="class","fas fa-cookie-bite"]

[newclass=".desiree"]--accent: #fc779d!important; [/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #fc779d; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimagecutie"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#555; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,008 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2024 4:39:29 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The Tropius Desiree flew on made Josh realize he hadn't taken Zetalpa for a flight outside the Gym recently. Perhaps on a sunny day, he would be able to fly with the leaf-winged grass-type. While not quick in overcast weather, on summer days when there wasn't a cloud in the sky, they were some of the fastest grass Pokémon around. The Zeraora took the compliments in stride, sharply pulling back on Blitz's reins and causing the Luxray to rear dramatically.

"Hard to tell if he liked or disliked being called cute, but he doesn't look angry, at least," Josh mused. "That did look fun, though!" The Gym Leader did the same, Raikiri eager to rear and get his trainer's blood pumping as well. "Yeehaw!" he whooped as the angle forced him to slide to the back of the saddle.

As Desiree said she was ready to go, Josh scooted forward on his mount, leaving room for his Gym Leader friend. "I believe I owed you a seat on the thundercat's back, didn't I?" he half-teased. "...Unless your Tropius can keep up with some of the fastest Pokémon on land!"

{PC: 2}

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
605 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Apr 22, 2024 20:27:13 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

Tilting her head and rubbing her optics for a fleeting moment, she desperately tried to recall the promise of a thundercat ride but to no avail. Perhaps it was due to the effects of finding herself around the havoc of the toxic chain far too much as of late, or perhaps it was due to the gaze, the lull, of the spewing pyroclastic flow of the infamous volcano. "It'll be good for her to stretch her wings," she softly smiled, weaving her fingertips upon the side of the banana tree's neck, ".. she'll at least try- but she's got almost two decades of experience."[break][break]

Allowing the tree to try keeping up was a beautiful idea, free-flying behind, eyes peeled for anything that was to tamper with the innocent delivery. As she tapped the side of the saddle, it soon began to lower and leave just enough room for her to sulk off of its side and onto Josh's mount, maneuvering her belongings to rest upon her back. It would be nice to simply hold on, and as the two would be existing as a sole unit, it would give her all the more time to yap.[break][break]

"Speaking of thundercats," she said from behind, eyes wandering toward a slot in her bag retaining a capsule, ".. I met one with in the chasm.. but every time I release it from its ball, it's unruly. It was hurt down there, so I helped it- but I wanted to talk to you about it as it bears resemblance with the god I know is quite special to you."[break][break]

She did not know if it was or wasn't the god itself- those encounters were far out of her element, even after finding herself in the shadow of the dragon eater. When the two had encountered the injured beast, it seemed much more tame than the descent of Kyurem. But, then again,
she did not know if a single thing in the cosmos could compare. Not the thing she had seen, at least.[break][break]

"I just could not recall Raikou ever having such a long neck."

[break][break]
♡ ooc notes / tldr

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[newclass=".pilotsb"]--bg: #222; --accent: #fc779d; --url:url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f9/35/fe/f935fefd78075c4d09e8fb3f5568c068.jpg);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb"]width: 500px; margin: 0px auto; background-color: #222; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; position: relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb b"]font: 500 15px 'Poppins'; color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .topimagecutie"]height: 200px; background: var(--url); background-position:center; background-size: cover; filter: grayscale(1); mix-blend-mode:multiply; opacity:0.85;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .top"]background-color: #81697A; background: linear-gradient(to top left, #222, var(--accent)); mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .subtextbox"]position:absolute; margin:-60px auto; left:0; right:0; text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .lyrics"]font:13px/14px 'Montserrat'; letter-spacing:2px; color:#fff; padding-bottom:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .border"]height:2px; margin:10px auto; background-color:var(--accent); width:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .postbox"]font: 12px/15px 'Poppins'; letter-spacing:0.2px; text-transform: lowercase; color: #dddd; text-align: justify; padding: 30px 40px; border: 2px solid #2c2c2c; border-radius: 10px; margin: 40px 40px 0px 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .pbottom"]min-height: 20px; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; background-color: var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .imgavatar img"]float: left; height: 85px; width: 85px; margin: 1px 21px 11px 1px; border: solid 9px #272727; border-radius: 3px; box-shadow: -1px -1px 0px #232323, 1px -1px 0px #232323, -1px 1px 0px #232323, 1px 1px 0px #232323, 3px 3px 0px #303030, -3px 3px 0px #303030, 3px -3px 0px #303030, -3px -3px 0px #303030; filter: grayscale(1);[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes"]text-align:center; padding:15px 0px; color:#555; font:12px/14px 'Poppins';[/newclass]
[newclass=".pilotsb .oocnotes a"]color:var(--accent); font:600 16px/16px 'Poppins'; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .pkmnteam"] text-align:center; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam img { margin-top:-12px; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span { filter:grayscale(1); transition:0.5s all; } .pilotsb .pkmnteam span:hover { filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass]

[newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits"]position:absolute; text-transform:uppercase; right: 9px; bottom: 55px;[/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb .mcredits a"]font:bold 13px/13px 'Poppins'; text-decoration:none; transition:0.2s all; color:#38383885; [/newclass][newclass=".pilotsb:hover .mcredits a"]opacity:1; transition:0.2s all; color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,008 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 3:26:39 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
If there was a flying-type that could keep their cargo safe, it was Tropius. Their flight stability, even at speed, was astounding, making them great flying-type for beginning pilots to learn with. "Flying Pokémon are generally several times faster than comparable Pokémon on land." When it became apparent that Desiree would slide down from her Tropius and behind Josh, he saved the rest of his comments for after she made the seamless transition. Raikiri purred loudly after Desiree landed on his back, thrumming like a revving race car. "Raikiri must be really fired up today! Hold on tight!" Josh warned.

The Champion listened to Desiree as both of them got situated atop the Zeraora that looked ready to charge toward and through Meteor Falls at disgusting speed. "We... have similar stories. But once we get on the road, I'll tell you more." With a light tap to the Zeraora's sides, the Pokémon was off, his flexing back perhaps a bit rough on Desiree if she was used to only riding equine Pokémon. Once they had left Rustboro behind, Josh spoke up over the wind.

"I have one of those Pokémon, too. It's... from what I understand, another form of Raikou. It's why I wouldn't give mine a name. I just call mine Raikou. Tell you what. It's a long trip. When you need a break, let me know, and you can meet him." His, too, was most well-behaved in the Giant Chasm and Area Zero, as was his Gouging Fire and Walking Wake. Why they only behaved there was still a mystery. He didn't dare try to break them to the bridle; in his eyes, they were legendary Pokémon.

And only a willing, symbiotic god answered to the bridle.

{PC: 3}

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
605 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Apr 23, 2024 20:52:47 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

It had been quite some time since she had taken to the back of any creature other than those able to fly- while she was used to the excitement that came from swift creatures that took to dirt rather than air, the thrumming sent a few fickle waves of adrenaline coursing through her veins. Holding on tight, she listened the best she could as the two took off into the rural mounds.. and she certainly was glad that she did, as it seemed she was not the only one who had a story intertwined in their experience within the giant chasm.[break][break]

Riding, though not commanding, was a blessing that allowed her to clear the endless ticking of paranoid thoughts- alongside the curiosity that followed mythological beasts of both ancient and modern times. "So there's more than one? I would have never thought that alternate versions could replicate," she attempted to say over the wind, ".. ooh, I might.. want to take a break now if that's okay."[break][break]

All of the training she had forced herself to endure since that swampy day in October where all had been changed, truthfully, led her to have naturally increased stamina; while her muscles did not demand a break, other than heavier breathing, her curiosity brought upon a wish to see sooner rather than later. It was strange feeling so anxious to release a creature from its orb in fear that its unruliness would bring upon a world she wished not to live within. But then, a forgotten lightbulb dinged in the color of pink within her psyche.[break][break]

"I forgot to tell you congratulations," she said softly, ".. I can't say I'm surprised, I was so happy when I learned you passed the champion assessment."

[break][break]
♡ ooc notes / tldr

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,008 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2024 4:00:21 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
There was a certain freedom gained from racing across the land. When he needed it most, he would click the switch of a Poké Ball and saddle up the Pokémon within. He would let his anxiety, his fears, and his concerns blow away upon the hurricane-force winds that blew in his face when he was astride one of the many ultrafast Pokémon that roamed his Gym.

"It's... certainly intriguing," Josh replied as he tugged on Raikiri's reins gently, slowly easing up his leg pressure as to not make Desiree uncomfortable after going what may have been too fast for her to handle. "Alright then, we can relax for a bit." Undoing the cocoon holding them fast to the thundercat's back, Josh slid down from the Zeraora and would help Desiree down if need be.

"Thanks," he sighed, thinking about Kyle again and how the Champion had his life taken from him. While he knew the identity of the Top Champion's assassin, he swore himself to secrecy. It was only a matter of time before the League found out. "It means the world to me. In more ways than you think." Unhooking a latch keeping the Cherish Ball on his belt, a saddled Raging Bolt emerged from it, the electric dragon's long neck curving around to cuddle Josh. "This... is Raikou," he introduced the paradox. "I couldn't bear to give him a name of my own. For he was... once a Johtonian Raikou beaten within an inch of his life by those horrible paradox Pokémon. Scream Tail, I think they're called."

After telling part of his story, he pulled out the RAINBOW FEATHER from where it was pinned to his outfit, ashes falling from its quill...

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
605 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 2:38:36 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

"Hold onto that, yeah? Have pride in being a champion, you deserve that recognition, Josh," she said with a smile as she took his hand, guiding herself into the blades of grass that caught the sun. One day, she figured it would be fun to continue taking challenges like she had the first time they met- perhaps in the year following this one if the cosmos would be so generous to stop providing turmoil after turmoil. Yet, she considered herself to already be a champion; she had shed the weak chrysalis long ago in the depths of the swamp, and the outcome she wished for had nothing to do with taking on a title.[break][break]

Retaining qualities of those with those titles, taking up a sword of her own, seemed to be the most effective. Upon Josh's release of the similar Raging Bolt, she felt pain trickle behind her eyes as she backed up a few steps in worry- a habit from attempting to interact with the one that rested in a ball deep within the folds of her purse. Breathing softly, she hesitantly held out a hand to the creature as she listened, flinching to retract now and then.[break][break]

"By Scream Tails?" she asked curiously, ".. they're quite fearful in groups, I've dealt with one myself. I'm sorry, big guy."[break][break]

Even more fearful having known that so many had faced the wrath of her fairies due to their sheer hostility- she did not understand why she gave one a chance, a hopeful pluck into a world unknown to many of the paradox creatures. Scars painted over with tattoos seemed to be the price to pay for their loyalty. But, now, so many had poured their crimson into her palms all the same. If only they knew of the lives they forbade to take to mindless hostility.[break][break]

Her head tilted at the sight of the ashen yet luminous feather. "Are you burning up?" Her voice trailed out in the form of concern, unsure how to perceive the sight. She recalled the message she received of the retaining of Raikou, though in those moments, she misconstrued it as the keeping of one of the long-necked from the great chasm. A memo that she figured would be worthy of sending herself, though she forbade it simply due to having not quelled its instincts to bash and kill.[break][break]

Not yet, at least. She was hopeful just as she was with all the other strange creatures that had fallen into her bejeweled hands.

[break][break]
♡ ooc notes / tldr

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,008 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 28, 2024 22:12:09 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
The past Josh couldn't take a compliment; he was humble to a fault, afraid to step on the feet of anyone that tried to exalt his own deeds. Self-deprecation was still a struggle for Josh, though he had conquered it some. He had to if he wanted to be a true Champion. Someone Hoenn could reliably depend on.

There was something between the two that just clicked, as though the Raging Bolt really was the Raikou that Josh inadvertently named the paradox after. That long neck didn't slow the electric dragon down, either; as he would find out, Raikou was more than capable of keeping up with Swift. "Ran into all kinds of those so-called paradox Pokémon. Think I ran into most of the known ones. I've got one of every single one at my Gym if it's got the right body shape and size to wear a saddle. The one called Roaring Moon is one of my favorites." He loved the way Ao flew and fought: one of his most powerful aerial mounts. Even if Yosei wasn't still suffering from chronic laziness, the Salamence would have a hard time keeping up.

The Raging Bolt's response sounded like rumbles of distant thunder as ashes continued to fall from the RAINBOW FEATHER's quill. "And this is why I needed such a rural route. Not just this Hoennian Raikou you see before you." Holding the iridescent object in his hand, he drew four strokes with it, its ashes suspended in midair in the shape of a lightning bolt. In a loud thunderclap accompanied by a brilliant flash, the ashes took the form of a monochrome Beast.

"This Raikou, too. His name's Swift." The regal creature's shape was of the more familiar Johtonian legend, dagger-like fangs extending from the top of his mouth. "He was Kyle's last gift to me before his death at Mount Chimney."

{PC: 4}

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
605 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 21:22:43 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

The thought of having every kind of paradoxical that she had been made to witness inside of his gym led her smile to falter slightly; partially envious as his kind heart had granted so many the opportunity of redemption, of training, but partially brought back to the lulling to permanent sleep she had brought so many of them to endure. She once believed that it was the only chance at securing love in the world, securing her own life. And it was, at least, when the Roaring Moon had tried to push its fangs into her neck.[break][break]

Telling him of the red stains she had been forced to clean from her palms from the winged beast was something she wished never to whisper into his ear. Looking into the eyes of Josh's Raging Bolt, she tried to desperately forget- and it was quite the sensation, one that she had since been deprived of from the one she called her own. Maybe one day it would, truly, be her own.[break][break]

"Kyle's.. last gift to you," she said softly, pupils dilating in response to such a release, ".. and here I thought the gift bestowed was one now as.. ordinary, as the ones born from the rip in the earth."[break][break]

It made so much more sense, the letter that had been directed to her amongst the other personnel- but it was just as somber nevertheless. Especially with it bearing the resemblance of ash, a vision that she had known far too well. Watching the pyroclastic flow from the forest spanning beneath the volcano, in its shadow, was something else entirely.. amongst the nausea of being one that delved into the pain the toxic chain sought in its expansion.[break][break]

"Swift, hi," she said to the Raikou softly, eyes meeting the blades of grass hoisting the mythological, ".. I never had a chance to meet the Top Champion, I'm just.. really sorry for such a loss, Josh."[break][break]

She felt even worse, as among those who felt so much pain and heartache, she never bore the ties to truly feel the same- just parasocial, but seeing those she truly loved mourn struck needles. Especially as she knew no words of hers could truly bring comfort with such a bleak reality.. and the implications that came with his disappearance.

[break][break]
♡ ooc notes / tldr

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,008 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2024 23:28:13 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
It seemed Josh was fated to collect many of the paradoxical Pokémon, and Desiree had some... traumatic experiences with them. Experiences she would rather not share. Josh respected it; after all, he was trauma-dumping on her a bit more than he would have liked.

"It was... truly special," Josh slowly and softly answered Desiree. "Ever since I was a child, I've admired Raikou. He must have known he was going to die, and recognized that I was the best person to wield Raikou's power." Swift purred softly by his standards, though it still sounded like a distant rumble of thunder.

"He was the Great One's Avatar," Josh reminded her, thinking about the scope of the blow the League as a whole suffered in his absence. "but I've never met anyone in a position of power more down-to-earth than he was. It was a shame you never got to meet him."

The Gym Leader rest his hand on the crown of the ashen Pokémon. "But enough of that," he shook his head as he moved his hands to the side of the thundercloud adorning the electric-type's back. "How are you feeling now? Refreshed and ready to continue? Not gonna lie, Desiree... I'm tempted to let Aslan get way ahead of us, then see how fast the electric tiger can go."

{PC: 5}

close tab

played by

✧ des ✧

✧ desi | diamandis ✧
✧ she/her ✧
✧ twenty four ✧
✧ september 23 ✧
✧ lumiose, kalos ✧
✧ bisexual ✧
✧ teravolt edm artist ✧
✧ ace trainer ✧
awards
605 posts
part of
TAG WITH @desiree
DESIREE BLOOMS
POSTED ON May 2, 2024 19:56:53 GMT
DESIREE BLOOMS Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","lyrics"]

[attr="class","border"]

[attr="class","postbox"]

In a world full of coincidence just as it was full of hardship, Desiree could not fathom such a gift being bestowed through the knowledge that one would soon fall victim to the endless cycle of life and death. She listened to him softly, wishing that not only the deceased but the region that surrounded them could have been more fortunate- but wishes could only change so much, and their influence seemingly stopped at the departure of souls. It was quite unfortunate falling into the role of a watcher, a survivor, as it was fearing the ethereal presence that stood before her.[break][break]

"I wish I could have met him, so I could understand more," she said, eyes wandering from the ashen to its newfound retainer, ".. it's now up to you to carry on that legacy, Josh.. to be the down to earth you've once admired. And I know you, that should be more than enough."[break][break]

But with such an importance Kyle had, both in the infrastructure and the livelihood of so many that he had touched, she feared that none would be able to ascend to fill the void that was left. But Josh was right, enough of that- enough of all the fears, enough of all the paranoia that sulked through the veins of pink that ultimately wished for love and happiness of all. Forcing a smile, forcing all of it to be tucked away for the spiral she inevitably would experience when the eggs had been delivered, she took a deep breath and a swig of water.[break][break]

"All ready, let's do it," she responded, slipping a bottle back upon the saddle sacks of her beloved tree creature. "Help me up?"

[break][break]
♡ ooc notes / tldr

[attr="class","pbottom"]

[break][break]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
awards
6,008 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON May 4, 2024 4:25:20 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
Wishes were the lifeblood of dreams, of desires, and of drive. As important as it was to have them, the only being that could make wishes come true was in custody of the League. If Josh had three wishes right now, one of them would be spent on bringing Kyle back to life after being murdered at the Volatile's whims. The Top Champion did not deserve to be run into the ground from a flourish of PRECIPICE BLADES. Only Team Rocket's truly devoted did.

"Exactly. Did I tell you the story of when I first met Swift and rode on his back?" he asked Desiree. "It was at Mauville Gym. Kyle dropped by for my birthday the year before last. After our battle, I asked if we could go riding Entei together. He didn't approve of it, but he did approve of not just me riding Swift, but controlling him. It was a moment I'll never forget... experiencing a Raikou's Extreme Speed for myself."

In the moment, his peripheral vision was such a blur that he couldn't see anything to his sides when riding as fast as a lightning bolt. Only what was directly in front of him was visible. It was terrifying, yet he had never had more fun in his life. It was the one pang of disappointment about Swift when the Beast had been passed down to him. Many of his basic skills were missing. Perhaps they were tied to Kyle, and he would have to raise Raikou like he would one of his other Pokémon.

If only Josh were around to ask him. Only Kyle knew, and it was a secret the Top Champion took to his molten grave. It would be his puzzle to solve.

"Got it! Swift, can you sit down for a moment?" Josh asked. The ashen Beast, obedient to his rider's every command, crouched to make it easy for Desiree to sit upon the dark thundercloud. The cloudy cushion made for a natural saddle, and its outer tufts served the same purpose as reins. It was almost like the electric cat was designed to be the fastest land mount in the world. If she needed further assistance, Josh would help pull the young lady up into place behind him.

"Remember when you were on your Arcanine mid-Extreme Speed?" he asked one more question of Desiree, the Beast's massive purr reverberating through both riders. "Well, this is going to be even faster. And Swift can sustain it."

{PC: 6}

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights