[attr="class","omgentop"]PAAA: LITTLEROOT MP FUND

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

SCHEDULED RUNNING PERIOD: OCTOBER-NOVEMBER
DONATE MP HERE

[player]https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_rjvu7befUL1yrg70yo1.mp3[/player]
[break]
🎼 Champion Steven Encounter Music | Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

MERIT POINT (MP) SYSTEM

AN ADAPTED VERSION OF THE MERIT POINT SYSTEM will be deployed and tested in this raid event.[break][break]

IN THE FUTURE, the faction with higher MP will control specific territories. However, in this event, MP is used to hit certain thresholds for particular outcomes. Although not available for this event, in the future, the total amount of Merit Points put into a faction's fund can be used to redeem rewards for everyone who has participated and/or donated.[break][break]

Below are ways to earn MP during PAAA. These values are subject to change; however, they have been calculated by Spiral and I considering a variety of factors (playstyles of players, possibilities of unfinished threads, etc.).

[attr="class","ynospace"]
  • 10 MP per IC post in a spin-off thread.
  • 10 MP for assisting another character and/or their Pokemon.
  • 10 MP for knocking out another character and/or their Pokemon.
  • 50 MP for getting your Pokemon knocked out.
  • 100 MP for completing a battle.
  • 50 MP for participation in a battle.
  • 150 MP for winning a battle.
  • 200 MP for tying a battle.
  • 300 MP for losing a battle.
  • 200 MP for pokemon death (does not stack with KO).

Furthermore, the MAXIMUM AMOUNT OF MP a character can contribute to their respective warfront is 1000 MP. This is to prevent lopsided contributions due to people's availability, roleplay styles, reflecting NPC contributions, and more.

FAQ / PVP HELP

BELOW, frequently asked questions and their answers have been provided. Click on the SPOILER tag to reveal the questions.[break][break]

WHY DO LOSSES PROVIDE MORE POINTS THAN WINS? HOW WERE THE NEEDED TOTALS DETERMINED?

One reason why losses provide more points to alleviate or balance particular tensions in roleplay OOCly and ICly such as ego and point gain. However, the values have been determined after consider the playstyles of participating players, their activity, and the number of League vs Rocket.[break][break]

Remember, there are other ways to gain points in your threads apart from the outcome of a battle. Furthermore, you can consider the invisible contributions of faction NPCs such as officers, rangers, and grunts fighting alongside your characters on the battlefield.

WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS IN BATTLE?

A Pokemon battle can be a traditional combat between two Pokemon and their trainers. However, you can consider the following to spice your combat up:

• varying the number of Pokemon out on the field (2v2, 3v1, etc.).
  • using the environment (using cover, throwing objects, causing obstructions).
  • every post does not need to have a pokemon battle element to it. consider pauses in battle for dialogue, reflection, etc.
  • consider varying the environment of battle (e.g. on a rooftop, in the sky, during a chase).
  • your characters may attempt to physically attack each other.
  • any weapon use must be okayed with your rp partner; however, remember, pokemon are always more effective than humanmade weapons.

WHAT CAN A WIN LOOK LIKE?

Apart from defeating your opponent's Pokemon, "winning" can encompass a variety of narrative beats. For example, securing or sabotaging an objective, stealing a prized possession, triumphing over another's philosophy/taking a higher moral ground, etc.

WHAT CAN A LOSS LOOK LIKE?

Losing can encompass a variety of narrative conclusions. Apart from all or some of your characters' Pokemon fainting, one can consider options such as retreat, being unable to escape, becoming too injured to carry on.

WHAT IF MY RP PARTNER DEFAULTS/GHOSTS/AFKS?

If your RP partner has defaulted on you, staff will judge the battle and its posts. Additional points to the player may be awarded depending on the circumstances. If your RP partner has defaulted on the second post, then a replacement will be looked for.

WHAT IF I DON'T WANT MY CHARACTER'S IDENTITY TO BE GIVEN AWAY?

"Wear a mask."

I'M HAVING AN ISSUE WITH MY RP PARTNER. WHAT DO I DO?

First, give them the benefit of the doubt and try to communicate with them. If communication does not work, message staff and we will try to mediate or deliberate on an issue or outcome.

RULES / GUIDELINES

GENERAL RULES

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES. A more comprehensive list of rules will be published in each event thread. These rules are also subject to change.[break][break]

• MP threads during PAAA must have a minimum of 5 POSTS to count as a COMPLETED BATTLE.
  • You are not confined to raid battling limitations for these threads (e.g. you can use more than one move per post, etc.).
  • After you finish a battle, you may participate in another spin-off thread with another character that is available.
  • More than two characters can be in one spin-off thread; however, characters must reach 5 posts each to be able to receive MP for a COMPLETED BATTLE.[break][break]

In these threads, WINS, LOSSES, or TIES can either be assigned per faction (e.g. League win; Rocket loss) or on an individual basis (e.g. in a thread involving four people, there are two winners, two losers, with varying faction allegiances).
  • For this event because Team Rocket is lower in number, they are allowed to participate in TWO MP THREADS at the same time. However, the involved players must sort the chronology/timeline of your first and second thread first.
  • A Pokemon death requires consent from the all involved players.
[break][break]

These rules are SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

[break][break][break][break]

PVP-CENTRIC GUIDELINES

THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES are focused on the player versus player aspect. These rules have been created to ensure the smoothest running of this event from my side and to keep into account, the enjoyment of all roleplayers and of the hobby itself.[break][break]

• Avoid godmodding, meaning taking control of another player's character or Pokemon during roleplay. This is sometimes called powerplaying. Examples and tips can be found here: FORUM ROLEPLAY: POWERPLAY.[break][break]

POWERPLAYING INVINCIBILITY can be committed in various ways: an unwillingness to get hit and an unwillingness to miss.
  • Unless plotted out beforehand, it ICly makes sense, or your character and their Pokemon have been outstrategized or outsmarted entirely, try to allow some GIVE AND TAKE in your battles. This means, battles should have highs and lows, hits and misses, for all involved. Characters and their Pokemon are not perfect.
  • I will NOT TOLERATE complaints revolving your IC-opponents' perceived levels of power, disparity of power, a player's experience in battle RP and more.[break][break]

Even if they are seasoned trainers ICly, possess legendary or mythical Pokemon, or are avatars, you can still create meaningful narratives in this event and your threads. You and your characters are not helpless.
  • If you find your ego being bruised or anxiety rising to a level you can not manage, there is no shame in FORFEITING or LEAVING THE EVENT.
  • Considering parameters set by particular past mediations and social contracts, I will NOT TOLERATE OOC drama/relationship complications/conflict disrupting the event.[break][break]

I will REMOVE PLAYERS who instigate or dwell on it OOCly. Inevitably, your characters will be in the same areas. You must let go and move on.
  • If you need assistance with battle RP, progressing conflict narratives in creative manners, etc., feel free to ASK FOR HELP! You can do this in Discord or through a private message to me, .
  • Mod deliberations are final.

MP TOTALS

MP TOTALS / OUTCOMES

WHEN YOUR FACTION'S MERIT POINTS HIT THE HALFWAY MARK to the threshold, please notify , or he will notify you. When this halfway mark is hit, REINFORCEMENTS will arrive for the faction. The League's halfway mark is 6000 while Team Rocket's halfway mark is 3000.[break][break]

LEAGUE MERIT POINTS: 19040/12480

ROCKET MERIT POINTS: 10500/6750

LEAGUE - 12480: dialga is freed; the energy source is discovered.

ROCKET - 6750: the energy source is discovered alongside a method of transportation there.

THE MP PHASE WILL END NOVEMBER 13TH, 11:59PM PST (TENTATIVE TO CHANGE).

TEMPLATE

TO CONTRIBUTE MP TO YOUR FACTION'S FUND, use the template below or simply post with the character contributing the MP.[break][break]

[blockquote][h1]DONATING[/h1]
[h2]THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS![/h2]

[quote][b]DONATING:[/b] ### WEP TO TEAM ROCKET/THE LEAGUE[/quote]
[/blockquote]
[break][break]

YOU DO NOT NEED TO specify the sources of your MP. Simply keep track of how much you have earned from MP threads.[break][break]

Please make a NEW POST with every contribution you make.

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
PAAA: LITTLEROOT MP FUND
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 19:20:30 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

DONATING

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS!

DONATING: 360 MP TO THE LEAGUE

BREAKDOWN I know it's not needed, it's mostly for me.

PRIAM vs ORION: 360 MP
50 MP for 5 IC posts in a spin-off thread.
10 MP for knocking out another character and/or their Pokemon.
100 MP for completing a battle.
50 MP for participation in a battle.
150 MP for winning a battle.
close tab

played by

Aero

conrad
he/him
december 18
vermillion city, kanto
anything goes
errand boy
grunt
lost in thoughts
ALL ALONE
843 height
843 height
Embrace the dark you call a home, Gaze upon an empty, white throne
awards
2,340 posts
priam conrad DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @priam
priam conrad
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2022 19:25:48 GMT
priam conrad Avatar

DONATING

DONATING: 550 MP TO TEAM ROCKET
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 0:14:17 GMT
jayden cross Avatar

DONATING

DONATING: 370 MP TO TEAM ROCKET (x)
close tab

played by

milky

jayden
he/him
december 25
ballonlea, galar
bisexual
wyndon ceo
admin
we'll never get free, lamb to the slaughter
awards
4,142 posts
jayden cross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @jayden
jayden cross
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 22:41:16 GMT
jayden cross Avatar

DONATING

DONATING: 400 MP TO TEAM ROCKET (x)

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2022 22:42:44 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

DONATING

DONATING: 400 WEP TO THE LEAGUE x
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
awards
3,414 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 22:00:20 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar

DONATING

DONATING: 460 MP TO THE LEAGUE

x - pending Captain's post
close tab

played by

Captain

He/Him
October 25
Canalave City
Bisexual
ANVIL General
Ex-Admin
awards
1,187 posts
part of
TAG WITH @felix
Felix Gallagher
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2022 22:33:53 GMT
Felix Gallagher Avatar

DONATING

DONATING: 360 MP TO TEAM ROCKET

THREAD
close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
awards
2,424 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 0:02:04 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

DONATING

DONATING: 400 MP TO THE LEAGUE
BREAKDOWN

vs (Tugging the Mask)
Total: 400 MP

IC Post x5: 50
Battle Start: 50
Battle Complete: 100
Battle Result - Tie: 200 (Light damage taken on both sides. Managed to calm down Chu-E, but unable to help him leave area)

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,047 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2022 2:40:40 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

DONATING

DONATING: 700 WEP TO THE LEAGUE
BREAKDOWN

thread: line of fire

+50 for IC posts (10*5)
+50 for battle participation
+100 for completing a battle
+200 for Pokémon death (Alex’s Kommo-o, this was plotted!)
+300 for lost battle!