6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
PRECISION BADGE // HUNT FOR FOSSILS #1
POSTED ON Jun 18, 2021 15:34:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle comes up with a number of parts on his disposal. he supposed all of them belonged to a similar species, but with how most of the bones look, it's most likely that he got duplicates of some of them.

"i can form one whole dino, i think." he looks at the parts that he has collected. "one got damaged, but i guess i also got a replacement that looks kinda the same."

he lines up with everyone else that finished all three parts of the fossil.

• part 1 + duplicate get
  • part 2 + duplicate (damaged) get
  • part 3 get

@tags
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 11:04:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
At some point and definitely not because his writer is dumb and lost the bookmark Gavin gets distracted attempting to discern what sort of fossil the two pieces he's collected might belong to. One of them is still covered in damp and silt from being plucked from the water.

He's brushing away at the bones with a delicate touch when the call comes to line up and he realises, belated, that he's wasted a lot of time.

Oops.

He's the only one who didn't complete his, but he was doing this more for fun than anything else and doesn't seem disappointed.

"Missing, uh — the tail, maybe?"

It was hard to figure out what these belonged to but it's the back half of whatever-this-was.

(acquired: #1, #2)
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon cradily"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon aerodactyl"]
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 17:26:57 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
So only one person hadn't completed yet? That was pretty good odds, especially since he hadn't been expecting people to find pieces so darn quickly. But that could always be adjusted later. "Does anyone have an extra tail piece they wouldn't mind giving up for another competitor? Or perhaps trading it in for a tail piece? It's not required but kindness goes a long long way!" This might be the precision badge but that didn't mean he wouldn't grade on how the competitors treated each other too. There was more than one kind of precision after all.

, , , , , , ,

Any of you with a duplicate piece can either trade it in for one that another competitor needs or give away a piece that a competitor requires in order to move on to the next round. Otherwise the competitors left out can sit and have a nice refreshing charja cola and judge you all while doing the next round.
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 8:11:55 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
Well, no one had spoken up and he really couldn't blame them for it. After all it was a dog eat dog world out there and you had to do what you had to do. "You can just sit next to me and watch then Patrick, since you're out and all. But that's fine. I like the company." Pressing a button, podiums raised with equipment necessary to put the fossils back as they were meant to be. A podium for each competitor. Except for Gavin. But that was fine. "Take your places everyone!" It was time to begin.

, , , , , , ,

For your next task you will have to actually assemble your fossil! This round will be judged on both posting and your rolls. How you handle the materials given to you and how you go about assembling your fossil will be important. The more intact your fossil pieces from the earlier rounds are the better off you will be! This will be ONE ROUND ONLY with a roll at the end of everyone's posts. Get creative and get precise but remember to have fun.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 3:00:13 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar

[attr="class","pokkenger"]
"you mean put them together? um...alright i guess." he wasn't too sure what they were even supposed to be so putting them together might be a challenge. it didn't help that one of them was broken in half despite having both halves still within his safety. "ok so its like a puzzle right? so maybe..." kaz went about setting his pieces down flatly on the floor and began rearranging them into a sort of circle shape. like a sleeping omanyte or something perhaps? "it looks right but...huh..." it was a gamble but hopefully it would pay off.

FAghUFF2

part 1 fossil [1-35] collected!
part 2 fossil [36-65] collected!
part 3 fossil (two halves) [66-97] collected!

[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 4:01:26 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac looked over the assorted tools. Brushes, tiny picks, solvents and bonding agents. It was all laid out on a big tray in front of the un-fossilizer 3000.

He laid out the three pieces, as well as the tiny chips from the second piece. "Now I just need my notes," Zac said. He opened his bag and removed several academic textbooks showing proper up-to-date fossil reconstruction techniques. "Okay, now we just..." Zac mumbled to himself, following the instructions. He switched Greg's stick for a soft brush, and had Lulu look on helpfully as he put the fossil back together correctly.

Attachment sites were cleaned, dirt was removed, and bones were bonded. Zac was an old hand at archaeology, and when it came down to it paleontology wasn't much different. Mainly just older, and with more teeth.

"There!" He said, standing back from the fossil, which had been reassembled precisely as the instructions had advised.

0hNGimLE

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 6:40:28 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar
Ah? She had to complete the fossil... herself?

Michiko stood, feeling very silly as others around her enthusiastically got to work assembling their three or four pieces. Her mind worked frantically. Was she missing something obvious? It seemed like everyone else had a good idea for how to fix the broken fossils, but Michi couldn’t even fix the holes in her drywall without calling half the region in to help.

But asking for help wasn’t a bad thing! In fact, it was her greatest strength!

“Ooh, Zac, can I borrow this... fossil book?” Michi asked, catching one of the assembly manuals had been referencing as one sailed past her. She bowed, grateful for the assist, and then approached timidly where the blonde man sat. “Ah, excuse me!” She said, book clutched to her chest. “Maybe Patrick, if it is okay, you can help me? I am not so much an expert,” she confessed, cheeks turning a little pink. 

Counting on the know-how of the manual and a knowledgable-looking stranger to steer her in the right direction, Michiko carefully superglued her chipped fossil back into one piece, then worked at assembling the rest. Her Dreepy hung onto the second piece with its tail, bridging the gap between Part One and Part Two to keep them in place while Michi waited for the cement to set.

“I think... it is backwards? No, I think it is right...” She mused uncertainly, standing back to walk around the fossil and examine her handiwork. 

It was done! She gave a sigh of relief, then laughed. “Ah, I did my best...” She patted the dust off her skirts. “I feel like I am doing handicrafts! It is very fun. Thank you!”

_1c4cDGV
FOSSIL ASSEMBLED!
PIECE ONE (7) PIECE TWO (30+10) PIECE THREE (74, Chipped)

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,851 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 13:44:06 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"If you would just hold still..."

finds Gavin in the process of trying to gently extract a stone from between his Aerodactyl's curved talons. Whether the prehistoric flier is ticklish or just fussy is difficult to tell; it shimmies about in spite of his efforts, screeching, but the stone comes free as the woman approaches.

Gavin glances up, expression curious and not unfriendly.

"Hm? Oh — sure, if the gym leader OK's it."

He glances over to , questioning.

Should he be allowed to assist, he'd do so eagerly, hands-off so as not to make it unfair but providing tips from his years of restoring fossils in his basement laboratory.

Had to post again b/c Michi is a CUTIE I love her, I would die for her
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 15:49:49 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he takes the equipment for assembling the fossils back, taking them out from the toolbox to look at each of them separately. they seemed the normal hardware store variety, or at least looks like it for a layman's point of view.

kyle has built a lot of models before, most of them mechas of sort, so he's confident that he'd have some sort of advantage when it comes to experience.

laying out all the pieces before him, he tries to recognize which parts are what. he dusts everything carefully to make sure no particle gets in the way of the process. the spare are taken to the side, which he'll probably only use if he accidentally destroys something. surely, connecting one bone to another was easy, he tells himself.

he takes a small wad of sticky note strips and marks which pattern goes where, planning each step to take before going all in. he's using some sort of special glue to stick it all together after all, and there will be no remakes once it's put together.

"well, here goes."

preparations get him through it for the most part. slowly, but surely, he makes it and completes the project. he takes a glance at his pokemon as he finished, grinning at them when he's done with the painstakingly meticulous challenge.

l|Bj_5VM

@tags
close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Aug 11, 2021 23:05:23 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
He smiles a bit, clapping. "No one ever said you had to do it by yourself! It's about being precise and sometimes precision takes two sets of eyes, so since Patrick didn't finish his it's fine for him to go ahead and help Mrs. Maeda!" After all there were no rules to this sort of competition. And they were only waiting on a couple other people to finish now he thought.

, , , , , , ,

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 2:52:22 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
O fuk I thought I replied to this already. I remember I looked for gifs but I guess I never actually posted it.

So anyway, when given his instructions, Chu-e very carefully took his fossils over to the table. One of them was kind of waterlogged, one kind of crumbly, and the other was really hard. It was still good to be careful, though, since unlike a lot of other people he only had one piece of each.

Leaving his Carbink and Sylveon to guard the fossils and make sure they didn't fall off the table, Chu-e went to go looking for a few tools he could use for this whole thing.

See, Chu-e didn't know too much about fossils. Maybe if he was smart he would have asked beforehand, since he knew the man loved stuff like this. Yet, he did at least know they were easy to break. After coming back, Chu-e found himself with a little drill, a small hammer and chisel, and a brush to dust anything off.

Starting with the soft fossil, Chu-e worried he would damage it if he just bashed it with a hammer. So, instead, he used the small drill to gently scrape away layers of dirt before brushing them off. It was tedious. Next was the hard one. The drill wasn't doing much to the hard outer layer, so he gently knocked it with the chisel and hammer to loosen those layers off. Only when he was done did he repeat the process as for the first fossil, drilling off the rock and dusting it off. This one took longer than the first since the stone was less yielding.

The waterlogged fossil was the last and also the hardest. It wasn't as hard or as soft as the other two, but the problem was where the rock was wet it would turn into kind of sludge when broken down too finely. Chu-e had to have his pokemon guard again as he went to go find some soft cloths he could wipe down his tools and the fossil with as he worked. By the time he was done, he had muddy sludge all over himself, the table, and his pokemon. At least he had three fossils. (Not that he was a good judge.)

Pleased, he tried to push them together to make one solid creature.

real life footage of chu-e doing his fossil

8R6s2|Ua
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 15:57:58 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Huh, now it was time to put the—wait a second.

Were they going to be recreating some of the abominations fossils like how the Galarians did? He had to bite back a smirk for the briefest of seconds, because holy fucking shit were they all mad people for doing this?

Taking a look at what he’d amassed so far, he then pondered about how to best get this cobbled together. None of the pieces he had matched… oh, shit.

What if they were going to run these through a ‘resurrection machine’ like how they did it in other regions? What… what amalgamation would they create?!

Checking the middle section of the one he had, he then turned it slightly to the left, to the right, trying to figure out where the tapering section was. Since the human ribcage was the closest shit he had for reference, he had to turn the middle section every which way, trying to figure out where the larger end ‘flared’ out…

Eventually, he found it.

Setting it down in the position he wanted, he then reached for the bottom part, easily distinguishable by the folded fossilized ‘legs’ that he’d noticed.

And now for the… head.

He wondered if this creature was going to survive when inevitably run through the ‘resurrection machine’ or something like that. Gently, ever so gently—

He aligned the top piece with the opposite side of the middle.

It looked… passable enough?

VTYTDL93

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 18:56:21 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar

It had seemed like it had been ages since they started this whole thing, with one of the competitors mysteriously disappearing during the whole thing. Perhaps he had gone home to Arceus within the depths of the gym. Oh well, more bones for excavating Glitch supposed. It was just how these things went. The podiums that fossils had been assembled upon glowed brightly.

"Congrats everyone! You have assembled your fossils! Luckily these poor fools will not be going through the reviver because honestly they're not even real fossils. They're made from plaster."

Stepping down from his position Glitch wheeled a cart in front of the competitors. On the cart contained the badges which he was going to give out and goodie bags for everyone. Including cookies and some candies shaped like bones and fossils. It was cute and he was sure that plenty of people would love to have a snack after all of that hard work.

"All of you did great in your own way and I'm so happy to have had all of you compete. There were some technical difficulties this time around but that's why we make adjustments and move on! I hope all of you had fun."

But he couldn't delay the inevitable any longer really.

"The first person to receive the gym badge and a place on the score board is... Ji-Hoon Ki! Your deft skill at putting together the fossil and making sure that everything was in order couldn't be ignored. You worked through your struggles at the beginning and managed to put together what would probably be a survivable Pokemon!" Chu-e's fossil podium changed from a white light to gold upon the announcement of his name.

"But as you know! I award multiple gym badges for suffering through all of this nonsense! The second person to get the badge from the fossil finder's event is... Lars Anderson! I really liked your use of tape through the fossil attachment process to map it all out. It was quick thinking and a great way to make sure that you could get it together without ruining your fossil!" He liked when people thought ahead really.

"The third person and final person to get a full badge from me is... Michiko Maeda! Congrats on being able to ask for help. Precision isn't just about what you see yourself, but also what you can learn from the eyes of others!" The other two players podiums lit up in gold as well, just as Chu-e's did. Clapping for the competitors Glitch was actually pleased with what had managed to happen. "But, please make sure that you check your goodie bags on the way out! You never know what sort of surprises will be in there!"

After all, in the bottom of the goodie bags, were half of his gym badge for those that hadn't managed to pull out a win.
, , , , , , ,

WINNERS OF THE FULL BADGE:
-
ANYONE WHO DID NOT WIN THE GYM BADGE IN THIS ROUND HAS RECEIVED HALF OF THE PRECISION BADGE. UPON CHALLENGING GLITCH AGAIN IN A NON-TRADITIONAL OR TRADITIONAL BATTLE WILL NET YOU THE OTHER HALF.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 5:35:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
[break][break]