samuel carter
BIOME BADGE GYM CHALLENGE - COASTAL [BC]
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 15:43:38 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon dragonair"]

Chaos.

Everything seemed to be absolute chaos.

Above it all, Sam and his dragonair. Her wing like ears had grown enough to help in a high altitude flight, a trait of her evolution that Sam had been eager to utilize. Though he thought he'd be utilizing it the first time in combat, he wasn't disappointed that it was a combat and contest mixture with which he first tried it out.

"There seems to be some progress there," he pointed out to his dragonair before smirking. "Let's give it a slam."

His plan? Espionage. So down they went, momentum helping them to slam into one of the sand castles to ruin it. As the sand and dust cleared, Sam was already instructing his dragonair to use his aqua tail with the biome's beautiful sandy shores to create a firm foundation for their sand castle.
WGhb3xp|
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 17:26:12 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
angelo & puck's

[attr=class,lyric2]
beach adventure 2021!

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]
BIOME BADGE GYM CHALLENGE - COASTAL

[attr=class,bulk]
[break]It seemed that most people had the same idea: sabotage. [break][break]

With little artistic talent and not having much experience building sandcastles (Alto Mare was lacking in the beach department), destroying the competition was Angelo’s best shot at scoring points. He couldn’t rely on the small mound of sand he’d scraped together with a foot that’s for sure, brow subtly pinched in unenthusiasm. Thankfully, ’s fabulous heart sunglasses cover the frown. [break][break]

Angelo and sand didn’t have the best relationship. [break][break]

Y'know, I think a moat would look cool. Keep the masses out. What d'you think?” Something devious overtakes Angelo's expression then as Puck’s wings glow with strength, the small bird flying towards some of the contestants before tilting on his side and digging one of his wingtips into the sand. With WING ATTACK, the gull traces a large, wide circle; simultaneously spraying some of the others with a wave of grit and carving an impressive moat for an otherwise pitiful castle. [break][break]

No harm in a bit of fowl play.

[break][break]

PVNSIo8Z
[break][break]

[attr=class,bottom-text]

@tags

[attr=class,punkihopecredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.punkihope .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accentborder, .punkihope .bulk i]border-color: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accenttext, .punkihope .bulk b, .punkihope .bottom-text span a]color: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.ibb.co/X2KXT6f/lance150.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1, .punkihope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #ffffff; opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1 div, .punkihope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.punkihope .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 19:03:39 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING @coastal contest

[attr="class","pokkenger"]

"and done! that outta keep them off our kingdom for a little while." angelo wasn't the only one with the same idea for a moat, thanks to the raging waters from his samurott the moat that they were building was finally full of salty seawater which left the main bulk of the sandcastle left for them to construct. "i'll hold down the fort kusanagi, think you can uh...find us something to decorate with?" the blonde asked as he finished molding some sand into he shape of a parapet.

his samurott went off to dig around the sands, scanning the white hot stretches looking to detect something hiding underneath. when he noticed the sight of various shells of different sizes and shapes he started to collect them, tucking them under his arm. when he came back he dumped them on across the moat and at kazimir's feet. "ah that's a good idea!" the trainer exclaimed as he took the shells and started to decorate his castle with them. he even took a shellder that his pokemon mistook for a larger shell and placed it on the highest tower he had already constructed where it would keep watch and act as the sort of centerpiece for their work. the little clam just stuck its tongue out at him and got comfortable in its new perch.

OaHe8flZ

[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 19:22:03 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

There had to be a way to incorporate more of the Biome in the sand castle. Which meant quick thinking.

"Dragonair, dragon dance, we've got to get ahead of these guys."

Hopefully the speed and attack would help them. As his dragonair prepared himself, Sam got to thinking. He then waved a hand for dragonair to come toward him, whispering things into his twitching wing like ears.

As they parted, dragonair went to collecting various rock and palm fronds for decoration, while Sam collected specific shells to line the castle walls like windows.
@ DEWFORD BIOME COASTAL CONTEST
CFM0bm41
[newclass=.sambam] [/newclass][newclass=.sambam b] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam i] color: #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: solid 1px #d49736; [/newclass][newclass=.sambam a] text-transform:uppercase!important;font:800 15px Poppins!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,757 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 5:13:29 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

After the appeals, Eva takes the opportunity to relax for a minute and soak up the sun. She leans back in her chair, kicks her bare feet up onto the table, Charja-Cola and watermelon in hand, and simply enjoys the view of all the contestants in their beachwear. Nice.

Eva munches a big bite of the juicy fruit while the contestants scatter to start building, defending, and attacking the sandcastles. Naturally, , the beefy blonde, and Kusanagi started things off with some impressive manipulation of the sand with the pokemon’s sharp cuts.

The sharp ring of the phone and ’s voice draws Eva’s attention around to the “judge” by her side. Leaning back a bit further, Eva can catch a glimpse of the trainer’s face on the phone in the Jynx’s hand, “Oh hey there Chryssa!” Eva offers the girl a smile and wave before stabilizing the chair in the sand again. Eva doesn’t move to release her pokemon just yet. Cursola makes a haunting appearance, spreading a HAZE across the field, “Nice,” she smile before taking a sip of the Charja-Cola.

uses the sheer size of his Wailmer to protect his castle. Smart! She respects someone who works smart, not hard. attempts to get around it with a Bullet Seed.

Eva finds herself more impressed by ’s usage of his Dragonair’s Aqua Tail to strengthen the sand around his castle to act as a natural barrier. follows a similar take on defense as Kazimir, having his Wingull create a moat with which to defend his castle.

Eva finished her slice of watermelon and dramatically slapped the rind against the table, “Alright, this is getting’ boring! Time to spice it up!” Eva stood up and jumped onto the table. The pokeball in hand cracked open and a small, pink blob formed on the sand. The annoying substrate clung to it as it turned around to face it’s trainer, “Alright, Shift, let’s get this party started,” she pointed towards the contestants building their castles, “Get ‘em all!” The Ditto crawled forward, fixing his eyes on ’s Wingull.. He Transforms into a carbon copy of the seagull and takes to the air.

For how small the pokemon is, the force it builds as it flaps its wings is astounding. A rush of wind starts to tear through the field as the HURRICANE builds stronger. Moats can’t protect from the violent winds of a Hurricane.

Shift transforms into WINGULL and uses
HURRICANE to try and blast everyone’s sand castles!

v2D0xs7s

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 14:15:04 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
It was lucky no one was paradoxically paying attention to them.

The King was crouched before a hole on the sand, speaking into the darkness moodily while dragging his finger through the sand.

Six? Really? A six? Unconvincing? THREATENING?!

Well, they weren't wrong there. The heck was doing here anyway, though?

"Unconvinging shmincing... bleh... Ugh. Are you quite done in there?" He said in a heavily fake british accent, tapping at his mask's chin. A chitter echoing up the hole in in response. "I don't know what chitter chitter means."

His cape suddenly flapped atop his head and torso as the wind picked up without warning, causing his arms to pinwheel wildly before he fell into the hole with a scream.

"Crap, CRAP! CATCH ME, CATCH MEEE!" It was a long fall down the hole, it seemed like.

THUD.

"Ya didn't catch me, ya git." Mumbled the youth against sand as forced himself up onto his knees, eyes widening behind his mask as he got a good look at his pokemon's handywork.

The golisopod sighed tiredly as she observed the sand pooling into her handywork, swinging her water sword atop her shoulder before turning towards her trainer, tilting a nonexistent brow.

Had he said anything?

"No." Snapped the youth moodily as he finished picking himself up, patting the sand off his suit and cape before pointing up. "But anyway... there's a lot going upstairs."

Keeping their heads literally down and not bringing any attention onto themselves was obviously the superior tactic to properly construct the castle, But...

... Whatever, don't over think it. Just have fun.

He turned his gaze to the pooling sand, before popping his neck twice and standing up.

"Our spectacle earlier was not enough. Clearly, we simply did not go big enough." He said, punching his palm as he turned towards his Golisopod.

Appealing to the species' unique nature of being a deep sea, meditating recluse that only came out when it needed to fuel up from prey threading its territory hadn't worked for the contest's head honcho before.

She tilted her head, wondering about that.

"There's nothing to wonder about. Mr. Ramsay wants to see what makes you unique- and sadly, your deep sea meditation flew under the radar." It wouldn't have been authentic to have her meditate in the middle of the beach, but doing so underwater and out of sight wasn't exactly a breathtaking appeal, even if it was exactly what a reclusive Golisopod would do.

"We can just wait on this for now- but we can't just stay out of sight and out of mind until its ready." He said, sweeping his arm wide. "We must destroy the competition's efforts! And to that end-!"

He pointed upwards.

"We'll come at them from the only place they cannot possibly defend." He said sinisterly, his shoulders beginning to quake as his pokemon awkwardly looked away, scratching at the back of her head as her trainer launched into practiced, evil laughter.

"Our first target will of course be-!"

"You are a pain I must suffer through, Ramsay." Came the same voice as before blaring from th sound systems, sounding annoyed. "You wish to witness what makes her unique? There isn't enough blood between all of you to properly demonstrate, but we'll take the permission to slaughter all the same."

The sand rumbled. The only warning recieved before the sand under 's castle suddenly lurched upwards and the Golisopod came bursting out like a drill, sailing far past and into the sky, spinning counter to 's ditto's Hurricane.

The Dark Haze from 's Jynx swirled around her ascenting, spinning form as she reached her apex before being spread out into the sky as she spread her arms and stopped her spin short with a burst of water, her claws gleaming a baby blue before she swiped violently at the Ditto bird, unleashing frozen arcs towards it before beginning to tumble back towards the sand, resuming her spinning once again as jets of water released from the plates of her arms, her body drilling into the sand and disappearing back into its depths.

"Here's a little lesson on these deep sea anthropods. They spend the majority of their existences meditating within deep sea caverns. Even the weakest seaquake could spell demise to them should it go unnoticed in time- so they've developed extreme sensitiveness and hyper-awareness to even the gentlest of tremors and vibrations."

Spears of sand-filled ice tore through the landscape and attempted to shear 's moat to pieces as the Golisopod flew out once again, a water sword appearing over her claw and swiftly freezing before she reeled back and threw it at 's Dragonair like a frozen javelin.

"This of course means that traversing through the cover of sand while there's such quantitious amounts of prey threading about is as easy as breathing to them."

The Golisopod popped her neck twice as she lowered herself onto a crouch, narrowing her eyes at the competition.

"There's more to come, since I must apparently explain everything slowly and in detail. Now, Mr. Wynter- shall I explain to you what makes a Golisopod a Shogun, and a Samurott a mere ronin?"

With a swipe of her arm, another water sword materialized in hand, the Golisopod snorting at Kazimir's Samurott as she began to slowly make her way towards it.

i3HSs5qo
TAG:

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 14:30:03 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
[attr="class","sambam"]

There were so many shots fired! From the hurricane summoned by 's wingull -- was this payback for the confusion party? Felt like it... -- to the actual ice attack being sent to his dragonair by the giant water bug by .

They'd just began fixing things up with the wind, dragonair taking most of the damage from the attack by blocking the sand castle with her beautiful body, a safeguard for her castle, but then the ice.

But Sam had a plan.

"Slam to counter it!"

Maybe it'd counter the ice, or at least break it into shards of snow upon impact. The collision of energies caused Sam to wince, even more than the blinding sun.

See, slam had come from above the ice, since dragonair had drifted into the hurricane winds and used that to boost the momentum of his slam. After that, it was all timing. She hit the ice before it could hit the sand castle, driving it into the ground and shattering it into pieces. The ice and snow mixture scattered along the edges of their castle, creating an almost 'snowy' effect.

"...great job!"

Sam gave his dragonair's tail a high five of victory, but quickly moved his back to his dragonair's, keeping an eye out.

"Who knew a contest would be so aggressive?"
DEWFORD BIOME COASTAL CONTEST
fknpp7cN
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 15:13:07 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

A pity. And they were just catching on...

Fun with sand castles and rampant destruction of other people's property aside, the competitors had been finally remembering the magic rule of the Biome Contest before the heat of battle had taken over.

"Careful, Mr. Carter. You were doing so well-- try not to let John's mediocre impression of me distract you from what's important. John, please go back to your script, my dialogue doesn't suit you." Chryssa's tones sliced through the air. Oona turned uncertainly between  and , unsure which one of them Chryssa was dissing. 

"Let me ask the contestants something," Chryssa's laptop blared loudly over the howling winds of Hurricane. "If you were a judge in a Biome Contest, as I know some of you have been, what would you reward? Using your Pokemon's moves to battle over sandcastles, or actually using the environment around you to create something unique?" Sharp eyes, rendered grainy by the poor internet, narrowed. 

"...Anyway, check out Oona's hula. Ole!"

Sand whipped around her in a miniature twister as Jynx began to spin in place like a drill, lifting one bare purple foot to make a perfect Triple Axel. Frost formed, rimming her red dress and turning the dripping dreadlocks of her wet hair into yellow icicles. Cold radiated out from the point of contact on the ground, but fortunately (as anyone who'd had to sprinkle it on a slippery road or walkway knew) sand didn't freeze. 

Rotating faster, Oona launched herself into the air, spraying clumps of freezing-cold sand around herself in a 360 degree arc. Her hair flashed out  like a wreath of blonde swords, crowned stiff and sharp with frost.

Like a human (human?) weedwhacker, Oona lacerated the palm trees above, sending showers of fronds, bark, and green coconuts plummeting towards the ground. 's Hurricane caught up the storm of foliage, filling its winds with harmful (or useful, depending on your perspective) shreds of sharp-edged greenery and coconut shells.

"You know... statistically, they say coconuts kill 150 people per year," Chryssa said condescendingly from her place of safety, "I wonder if luck is on your side..."

zZwmBxtj

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 18:45:20 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Even if the Jynx couldn't quite tell, the target seemed clear to the youth lying down on the sand Several dozen feet within the Golisopod's cavern.

"Ywouch." He said dryly as he took off his helm, letting go of the switch to turn off the comms. "Leave it to her to make it sting."

She had a point, though. The Jungle Biome's second round might have seemed like little more than a destructive free for all, but there had been some use of the Biome at every point.

Talk about feeling spotlighted in the wrong way, though.

"What can I do?" He mumbled to himself, dragging his fingers through wet hair befor he steepled his fingers over his chest, staring up at the hole as the occasional coconut projectile flew by dangerously.

One of them eventually managed a low enough trajectory to smack onto the edge of the hole, tumbling inside and falling several meters down in a straight line.

It smashed like a boulder directly besides the young man's head, digging in deep with an echoing thud.

"Think I just peed a little." Cooly observed the nearly decapitated youth as he rolled onto his side, grasping the Coconut before pulling out an army knife.

Staring at the Golisopod's handy work did little to help. It would be premature to reveal it now...

Though now he wondered if it would even stick, once they did reveal it. Maybe they should just go for it now while there was still time.

The Golisopod swiped a coconut in half as it flew towards her, harrumphing moodily.

There would be no dueling at this rate. Not that it seemed like a good idea after one of the judges had gone out of her way to chastise it.

What to do, what to do...

Casually, the Golisopod held out her arm before extending a long blade of water, brutally stabbing several of the many Krabby gathering around and waiting for 's poor Wailord's demise.

Lifting her crab skewer in the air, she brought it towards her maw before chomping down, ripping through chitinous armor and slurping on the contents inside before ducking under a flying coconut.

What was her trainer doing anyway, she wondered as she began to wander back into the hole, munching on the Krabs.

"Awright, Angelo." Doug said to the coconut effigy of his brother as he pocketed back the knife, crossing his arms over his chest. "Any ideas?"

Silence.

"Yeah, I dunno why I picked you either, I should've gone with Zac." Groaned Doug as he gripped the bridge of his nose, before the sudden thud of something landing nearby brought his gaze up.

His Golisopod stared blankly at the youth and the scarred coconut, before trying to climb back up the hole.

"Wait!" Doug said as he jumped onto her back, climbing up until he could prop himself over her head to look her in the eye- upside down.

"We are getting slaughtered up there!" He said, to which the Golisopod simply tilted her head in confusion.

What, really!?

"Well, you saw what one of the judges said!"

She couldn't help but notice who that particular judge was. She crossed her arms over her chest, tilting a nonexistent eyebrow.

"Huh? What about her?" Doug said in confusion.

The Golisopod blew out air. Even human males were this predictable, huh?

Don't rush things just to try and impress her. She's clearly beyond that.

"Who's trying to impress her in particular?" The youth harrumphed, even while refusing to look the unimpressed anthropod in the eye. "We are in a contest, we have to impress everyone. Come on- we gottado something!"

The Golisopod rolled her eyes, moving to chew on another dead Krabby, to which the youth could only blink.

"... Where did you get that?"

Up there.

"Oh, right. Ki's fans." He said, scratching at his chin. "... Wait, I have an idea!"

Oh boy.

"Shush!" He said as he leapt off her back to pick up his helm, grinning at her wide.

"You know how to make sandpits, right?" He said, to which could only reply with a reluctant nod.

Sweeping his arm dramatically for no one in particular, the youth put back on his helm, nodding at her.

"Good. Flood it!"

The Golisopod sighed, before lifting her arm towards the cavernous walls.

It started small. Nothing but a darkened spot in the sand near the feast that would soon be Ji-hoon Ki's Wailord. The first one to notice it was yet another poor Krabby.

It carelessly stepped onto the sand...

And against all odds, it gave away under its feeble weight in response.

The darkened sand spot began to spread wide around the Krabby, the dry and coarse sand turning out to be not so coarse, and much more of a dense, thick slush.

Without warning, it collapsed inwards like a sinkhole.

There was a significant lack of support underneath after the Golisopod had drilled through and let the content empty out into the sea to be replaced by salt water, after all.

Several Krabbys cried out in a mass panic as the sinkhole grew and dragged the unprepared crustaceans under towards the center where, the thick slush much like quicksand, dragging them towards-

A gleaming, boxy castle of crystal, standing upon bedrock at the bottom of the quicksand, a Golisopod standing in front of it with her watery sword planted firmly in front of herself.

No, wait, that was not crystal-

It was frozen sand, cut and chiseled by a swordmaster's watery blade. The shape was relatively rough, but the idea was clear- large chunks of sand had been frozen over before being cut into basic forms. The ice was essentially serving as a mold, allowing them to create large shapes without them collapsing from their own weight.

And the Golisopod's natural instinct to create its own Deep Sea caverns had allowed it to drill into the ice and create a hollow inside without it coming down. What said there was a hollow inside? Probably the masked man waving mockingly through an opening on the boxy castle.

As the Krabbys continued to sink towards the castle, the Golisopod swiped at them with her sword stabbing one after another for yet another crustacean skewer.

As she finished delighting herself on their meat, the then tore into their chitinous armor, throwing it over her shoulder at the youth, who gripped them and pulled out his knife.

"'Tis customary for a Golisopod to adorn their territory with the carcasses of their prey. A little warning goes-"

A coconut came flying out nowhere, getting split by the Golisopod on reflex. Its two halves flew off into the sandpit as its contents splashed the 'king' squarely across the helmeted face.

"... A long way."

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 18:45:24 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING @coastal contest

the wind begins to pick up and soon sand starts rolling around on the beach and a bit of it gets into kazimir's eyes and mouth as a small flagpole he was trying to make disintegrated by the breeze. as kaz stood up in shock trying to get the sand out of his orifices he wasn't looking where he was going and stumbled backwards into his moat flailing as he did. "gah! kusanagi! help! the kingdom's under attack! gak!" kaz cries out as he tries to get onto his hands and knees in the water, spiting out sea water and sand.

the samurott looked around drawing his blades again when he felt something rumble under his feet and suddenly make its way to their castle. in an instant their hardwork was destroyed as a golispod suddenly burst from the ground and go after some of the other contestants. both pokemon and trainer stood there agape at the ruin of their hard work, work that was just destroyed in an instant.

the water samurai glared at the golispod as it joined a cluster of a battle between the other contestants and ignoring them like they were nothing but a trubbish on the side of the street. he gripped his swords and started to move forward when he felt a hand on his shoulder as kazimir stood up and leaned against his pokemon. "hold up kusanagi. i wanna make them pay too, but we gotta make a show outta it. its a contest after all. why not make a spectacle?" his voice is has a calm anger about it before he turns towards the sea and walks toward it leading his pokemon to it as they started to sprint and jump into the waters and dive underneath.

holding onto the back of his samurott the two of them made a u turn towards the battle on the beach and as they shot up towars the surface the current started to travel with them and create a large wave that made its way towards the shore. a rather large wave. as it formed the duo of trainer and pokemon suddenly appeared on top of the wave with kazimir and kusanagi surfing on top of it with kaz holding both of his pokemon's blades and point one of them at the crowd of , , as the wave starts to come crashing down towards them. "TA THE LOCKER WITH ALL YA'LL! TIDAL REVENGE STRAAAAAAASH!"

GC5FZnzg

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 19:01:13 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Still whipping his helmet clean from Angelo's life blood, the youth turned his gaze up to the sky as the vengeful war cry of one filled the air, his eyes popping wide open as he saw the massive wave rising over to cast a shadow over the sand.

Even in the sinkhole, he could hear the waves coming. Not ideal. Not ideal at all.

"Kira, it is time to protect the kingdom!" The masked youth declared as he began pushing at his pokemon's back, pointing up. "Cutting saltwater is your specialty!"

Well, yes, that's what the pokedex claimed, but that was a lot of water- Ah, he wasn't listening. With a sigh, the pokemon quickly created a ramp of ice before swiftly skating her way up, coming to stand at the edge of the sink hole as the massive wave approached.

She breathed in deeply. All right.

She waited as the wave came crashing towards her, clearing her mind of doubt and fear with the practiced ease of a long time meditator.

And swung her sword down with both arms, intent on cleaving the way down the middle, so that two newborn flows may surge past and leave their castle untouched.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 19:40:03 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING @coastal contest

as the duo came down onto the beach the sight of 's golispod coming up at them was a sight that brought a smile to both pokemon and trainer. "brave one right there! but! KABUTO'S REVENGE!" the samurott shot forward from its perch on the water and met the water bug's blade with its own, only this one was located on its helmet as it started to glow and elongate into a sharper shape to meet the blade. a technique that the pokemon liked to keep under wraps, a sacred sword that it kept hidden from the world until this very moment. now this golispod will feel its full might!

ucYH6cwI

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 19:41:38 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
angelo & puck's

[attr=class,lyric2]
beach adventure 2021!

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]
[break]Heads roll. [break][break]

Having expertly avoided the Ditto-Hurricane by ducking behind a certain Wailord, as was to be expected of a man used to handling such weather conditions, Angelo returns back into the fray at just the right wrong time.[break][break]

At his feet lands a severed coconut head. It turns over in the sand from the momentum, dramatically revealing a familiar visage staring back at him. Angelo looks back at it for a good five seconds, processing. [break][break]

Turns out his honorary brother was a surprisingly good artist (he’d captured his likeness well; Angelo might have been flattered in any other circumstance) but that didn’t stop the fact that had apparently gone absolutely quackers. [break][break]

Angelo was so absorbed in staring into his soulless coconut eye that he’d almost forgotten that his ‘sandcastle and moat’ had been blown away, only pulled back into reality by the screams and shouts of his fellow competitors like he’d been in the middle of a war flashback. [break][break]

Life returns to his momentarily glazed over expression. He should probably attempt to rebuild…

[break][break]

IRJPaWML
[break][break]

[attr=class,bottom-text]

@tags

[attr=class,punkihopecredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.punkihope .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accentborder, .punkihope .bulk i]border-color: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accenttext, .punkihope .bulk b, .punkihope .bottom-text span a]color: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.ibb.co/X2KXT6f/lance150.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1, .punkihope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #ffffff; opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1 div, .punkihope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.punkihope .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 22:13:40 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Razz is just going to give Zac a confused look, "There was never a last time? This is a first for us" he questions, but decides to let it go for now as the next part of the contest was announced as he had no clue what to do. The makeshift castle Greninja pulled off could barely be called that. Though he is thrown off about the battling part of of things. "Yeah lets not do that," he comments to Royal though the frog seems to complain, he was there for battle! Show he was king frog! Though Razz gives a look and he throws his arms up in a FINE gestures before pouting. [break][break]

Though the first thing Razz does while the chaos around them unfolds is go to his phone. He needs a 'How to build a Sandcastle' Tutorial because he's never made one before. Though he does have some artistic skill as he has made plenty of custom pokeballs. So who knows how different this would be. Thankfully far enough away from most here so hopefully no surprise attacks?[break][break]

"Might be best to start with a moat, think you can do something about that?" Razz questions as Royal gives a salute before calling on his WATER SHURIKEN, and making them spin within the sand creating just the hole they needed to create themselves a small hole around them. As the waves grew, and some water attacks took the stage from the other competitors attacks. Now to think of a structure shape. [break][break]

g3l|DgO0

[break][break]

+ @biom Contest[break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,810 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 0:46:47 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Well this was all well and exciting; but as Oscar quietly watched the Sand Castle battle royal, he couldn't help but feel as if something were missing. The stakes, they were too low. If these folks were gonna be tested, they needed to be pushed to their limits. That is why Oscar chose to finally snap his fingers, summoning forth his hidden ace in the hole.

The beach shook, a purple fin emerging from the sand as something massive rose. As the creature stood upright, land would tumble seamlessly off its incredibly sharp scales. Soon it would appear as clear as the sun that ceaselessly beat down upon the world: Mustakrakish the garchomp had arrived.

The cruel dragon made a low rumbling sound in his throat, and if no one knew any better it would almost seem as if he were laughing. He barely moved as sand began to kick up around him, rising and spreading throughout the contest area. It would be a small gust at first, nothing more than an annoyance. However the wind only rose more and more, and as the wind picked up--so did the sand.

In the blink of an eye, the entire beach would be covered in a raging Sandstorm. If the contestants didn't act quickly, their castles would be smothered in sand, or even worse rise to join their brethren within the storm.

HlJLsnSw