TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
BIOME BADGE GYM CHALLENGE - COASTAL [BC]
POSTED ON Jun 14, 2021 4:50:02 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

BIOME BADGE GYM CHALLENGE - COASTAL

Dewford Town - 32°58'59.99" N 129°04'60.00" E

WELCOME

"It's a bright, sunny day, and perfect weather for a Biome Contest!" Zac said, handing out chilled cans of Charja-Cola from his Rotom fridge. He had classic, Kyle Krush, and Passho Plus+. He gave a caffeine-free Dr. Pika, but had no Zapsi on hand for Kazimir. "Everyone has sunscreen? Hats? Suitable swimwear? Yep? Well in that case it's time to get started!" 

CONTESTANTS

with Wailord
with Dragonair
with Wingull
with Remoraid
with Golisopod
with Samurott
with Dratini
with Greninja

SCORING

All contestants who post an appeal will progress to round two.

Contestants will be awarded appeal points for fulfilling the contest's central objective (showing your mastery of the coastal biome), as well as for appealing to the judges' personal tastes and preferences.

Points scored in round 1 will carry over to round 2, and contestants who have scored enough points by the end of round two will progress to the third and final round.

JUDGES

There was no table this time. Instead, the four judges were all seated in beach chairs and holding clipboards. The Dewford coast stretched far to the North and South. Nearby were grass-speckled sand dunes, shallows with clear waters and lapping waves, exposed tide pools, and rocky outcrops thick with Binacles. 

"Four judges again this time!" Zac said, smiling broadly at the contestants. He wore an Alolan shirt with a Toucannon print, and pink, heart shaped sunglasses. The crinkling of his eyes as he smiled was clearly visible. "Me, , and . Now as always I'm easy to please. Just show and tell me how your Pokemon uses the biome, and what makes them unique. Hit those and I'll be a happy man."

The next judge was Chryssa, and as Zac passed the spotlight to her it became clear that something was wrong. Those who knew the slight, teenage girl would recognize that the large, buxom, purple skinned judge hardly bore a resemblance to Chryssa at all. "Oh! And Chryssa will be attending via, uh, computers!" Zac said. At his words, Chryssa's Jynx pulled out a laptop and opened it to reveal a shaky, low quality video feed of Chryssa. "Chryssa, our last contest winner, had to return to-- Eterna City, was it?-- for medical reasons, but I'm happy to say she'll still be joining and judging over video conference. Say hello, Chryssa!"

There was a screech of terrible video whining interference, which dissolved into an echoing mic test noise. "Huh. I don't think that's supposed to happen," Zac said. He prodded a few buttons on the laptop as expertly as possible, and the video minimized to display a background that somehow exactly matched the section of Jynx's chest that the screen was covering. Almost as if Chryssa had predicted this exact situation. "Uh, hold on, I'll get this back up in a sec."

There was a default text chime, and Zac pulled out his flip phone. "I just got a text from Chryssa. It says to tell you all that the coastal biome is TEEMING with life, and that you should by fighting for survival if you take this contest seriously. Then there are some of those 'emojis' of knives."

Zac moved on to the next judge. Another familiar face to those who had been to Zac's contests in the past. "Returning for another round of harsh judgment and unrealistic expectations: Oscar Clayton! This time around Oscar is looking forward to some beachside shenanigans." To emphasize the sentiment, Zac pulled out a Poliwag beach ball and tossed it to the contestants. It bounced a few times, before exploding in a shower of fireworks and confetti. "Surprise!" Zac shouted. He resumed his introduction for Oscar, still laughing at his hilarious prank. "The zanier your adventure, the more pleased he'll be. After all, it's not a beach day without a hefty dose of whimsy."

In keeping with the pattern, the last judge was another prior champion. 
"Returning to judge another exciting Biome Contest, Eva is anxious to see what you all have to offer. Although she may be the Queen of the Jungle, the coast feels like home." Zac said, nodding in agreement. "She loves the danger and mystery the ocean has to offer. Mastering the elements takes true skill, knowledge, and patience. The contrast between land and sea can offer a unique advantage to those with the creativity to think outside of the box. Thrill her and you will be sure to catch her eye." Zac grinned at the assembled contestants and gave them a knowing wink. You couldn't see it through his tinted sunglasses, but you could tell. "And I'm sure plenty of you are excited to catch the eye of the fine doctor here. But it'll take more than an exploding beach ball to fulfil Eva's expectation!"

The judges' preferences are shown in green. Including those elements in your appeal may earn you bonus appeal points.

POSTING

The goal for the 1st round is to introduce your Pokemon. Please explain in character why your picked that Pokemon for the coastal biome. Show how they are suited to life at the beach, and showcase their unique skills and traits.

You can appeal in any way you want: Sand dune sledding, finding a really cool shell, running a triathlon, or even drinking a gallon of sea water!
Moves are useful in showcasing your usage of the biome, but are not mandatory for this round.

Please take creative liberties with the surroundings!

The 1st round will end Monday June 21st at Midnight Tokyo Time.

Any contestants who have not posted an appeal by then will not progress. If all appeals have been made before then, the judges may post early.

You do not need to roll for this round.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jun 15, 2021 0:04:05 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING @coastal contest

[attr="class","pokkenger"]

the roar of the waves was a natural sound of the beach, a piece of ambience that everyone was quite familiar with in their lives, however those who were used to such sounds might hear the waves sounding a bit more harsher than they normally are. a shadow crept over the line of judges as the waves began to grow larger, each one a bit taller than the last and reaching levels of high tide one might not find at this time of day. it wasn't until they were followed up by an even larger wave that one might categorize as near tsunami level that they would hear a different kind of sound.

"COWABUNGAAAAAAA"

from one side of the wave as it folded over itself shot out kazimir sporting a garyados styled swimming briefs with kantonese writing translating to "conqueror" as he rode atop of a walrus looking creature sporting armor and a glorious mustache that flapped in the wind as water droplets ran right over it. the two of them surfed their way alongside the wave as if they were masters of it when really it was the samurott's own power guiding the wave but they had to keep the illusion of nature's majesty up. with a large watermelon tucked underneath kazimir's arms as his other arm was stretched out to gently touch the surface of the water next to them creating a small disturbance in the wave as they slowly rose to the top with increasing speed until the samurott breached the top of the wave and let out a howl of excitement before diving back into the sea. kazimir however jumped off the back of his partner as they made air and tossed the watermelon above him as he twirled in the air, the water that managed to christen his skin giving him an almost glistening coat as his body moved.

"HOT STAR SUMMMEEEEEEER..."

"TROPICAL SHOOOOOOOOOT!"

as the watermelon fell in front of him he broke from his twirl to deliver a kick to it, the muscles from his thighs down to his toes tensing as they put every ounce of force they could muster and send the green fruit flying towards the judges as he tucked himself into a cannonball and splashed down into the water. before the flying watermelon could even reach the sands of the beach a shadow in the water began to grow as the samurott could detect the watermelon flying above its head and it jumped out of the water to greet it. one might assume that it was going to act as a sort of goalie for the trainer's fruity shot but instead it grabbed the armor along its arms and drew them off of its body as their shapes changed into the form of razor shells as it displayed its mastery over the blade and cut down the watermelon into several pieces that managed to break apart and fly past the water seal.

however while momentum was disrupted it did not stop the freshly cut slices of watermelon to land in the laps of the judges with the sweet juices of them splashing everywhere. as the samurott landed on the sands it let out a huff and silently sheathed its blades back onto its arms as kazimir slowly rose out of the water and made his way over to his partner drenched in sea water. "how was that?! kusanagi here's part of the samurott line, back in sinnoh they were known as the "samurai of the sea" and clearly you can see why! slicing through the waters they can slice up the competition at any given moment making them pretty deadly and excellent at watermelon smash-i mean dicing right?"

[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 13:13:16 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar

BEACH EPISODE OVA

[player]https://vgmsite.com/soundtracks/super-danganronpa-2-original-soundtrack/gomederu/1-18%20Welcome%20DANGAN%20IsLand%21%21%20%5BOP%20Version%5D.mp3[/player]

music blares from a nearby wireless speaker that indicates the start of his entrance. kyle seemingly is intoxicated once again, his energy matching the beat of the song. caffeine was still the source, but this time, it's from the newly released kyle krush flavor of charja-cola™.

matching the atmosphere venue, kyle wears beachwear with a mightyena motif and the same sunglasses he got from the previous contest. on one hand was a bottle of soda of the iconic brand that came from zac's rotom-frost. on the other was a pokemon that is held in the same manner as a gun.

"kyle and his remoraid are here to brighten up this place!"

the avatar of the rainbow pokemon starts things up by making a rainbow overhead. he points his remoraid up, pulls the trigger that is the pelvic fin, and soaks up the sky with a burst of water.

droplets come down eventually, but not before the refracting light to make a rainbow up the sky that arcs over kyle and his pokemon. dew clings onto him and other nearby spectators, though that's not where kyle's appeal ends.

"we're making this the perfect ova with a beach filler episode! everyone is participating! no one's getting a way out! give it for the sniper of the seas-- remoraid"

he turns away from the judges and into the sea. his hold of his remoraid shifts akin to the act of squirting water, and with a squeeze, he fires off the fish into the water, where he chases after it.

with his sandals submerging into water, kyle would eventually find himself elevating above the surface with sheets of ice forming from the remoraid's ice beam. the platform continues to rise: big enough just to elevate himself, and small enough not to exhaust his pokemon's juice.

"i'm a champion for the people. i'm sorry, but i have to do this."

from underneath the water, what was called 'sniper of the seas' by the pokedex entry starts sniping people one after the other. octazooka stains (with easy-to-wash water-based ink) shirts (if they're wearing something) of and to force them to remove their tops, following it up with soak for and 's jynx.

kyle takes a bow from his platform. music ends, and so does his time for the appeal. he places his hand by the shore, where his remoraid swims up to him. he grabs his pokemon and the similar hold from earlier happens once more.

he points them at the spectators and starts to run and shoot.

it's not a good beach episode if the only ones suffering are the main characters of the show. every other person gets soaked as kyle runs and guns them down.

he thinks he's got how the gym leader runs the show. the only thing they need to watch out for was anyone dying, and he's pretty sure no one's going to die from a water gun.

@tags
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jun 19, 2021 17:23:19 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
They chose the tide pool to make their stand. Their appeal was rather simple, but hopefully it would be enough to get into the next round. The beachside tidepool began to ripple, the effects of dratini's rain dance starting up.

Sam had climbed up the side of a moderately sized waterfall that bled down into the tidepools below. For the moment, dratini didn't seem to be anywhere in sight, although, as Sam walked into the center of the top of the waterfall, a glowing could be see from the base of the waterfall where it hit the tide pools. The rocks that formed said tide pools weren't as jagged as the rocks near the top of the waterfall, having smoothed out from the constant flow of water.

"My name is Sam Cater," he began slowly. The overcast giving his stoic tone more of a haunted feel. Along his tattoos he had traced, bioluminescent algae to serve as a moderate flare. "As some of you already know I'm the new caretaker at Mt. Pyre. I believe it's incredibly important to celebrate life, as well as death."

Bending down, Sam ran his fingers through the water, which interrupted the waterfall's flow enough to give small glimpses and blips between the falls at the dratini that was within, glowing and writhing, wiggling and it almost seemed like she was dancing.

"Dratini were legends and myths once upon a time. The regions were so riddled with war that they became reclusive and submerged themselves, making homes in the depths of the sea. For those that came to the surface, the preferred finding solace in the waterfalls, using the cover of the waterfall as a way to hide them while they grew."

To prove the legends of dratini shedding their skin as they grew, namely within the basin of a waterfall, the dratini's shed skin flowed through the water, glowing small beautiful colors as it did so. Though as the glow disappeared, Sam ran his hand through the waterfall again to show that the dratini was gone from the waterfall.

"It's known back home in Kanto as the mirage pokémon, because so few have seen them in the wild. And when they had, it was rumored they were either intoxicated or experiencing a hallucination."

Shadows twisted in the tidepools. Haunting and eerie, but then suddenly glowing bright white. Sam leapt from the moderate height of the waterfall and landed in the deepest point of the tide pool. His splash and the rain fading away were timed perfectly. Sam gripped the body of his dragonair as they both surfaced, water cascading down as Sam stood upon his dragonair holding a cooler in his hands that he'd retrieved while submerged, hidden earlier before his appeal.

As Sam was taken over to the judges, he set the cooler down and popped it open, revealing a variety not only of drinks, but of small ice creams and other frozen desserts to help cool them all down. His dragonair gave a while and curled around him, resting comfortably.

"Another known fact, is that as a dratini grows and constantly sheds its skin, it gets bigger and bigger. That paired with an increased strength and bond will often cause the pokémon to evolve... I simply hadn't expected it to happen today, and while we were demonstrating his uniqueness as a dratini."
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Jun 20, 2021 15:56:16 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,punkihope]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-divider]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,image]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
angelo & puck's

[attr=class,lyric2]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
beach adventure 2021!

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbg]

[attr=class,bulk]
[break]A silhouette of a man walks closer from down the opposite end of the beach.[break][break]

Not early, almost late and completely unprepared. There’s no beach appropriate wear in sight, for one. The only thing he seems to have brought with him is a small bird that soars high, its own shadow drifting in front of hellishly hot sunrays. [break][break]

Thankfully, Angelo’s good at winging it. [break][break]

And as they grow closer, it becomes clear that the one tiny ‘w’ shape in the sky isn’t alone… It’s brought friends. Dozens of them. All with hunger in their eyes.[break][break]

The swarm descends upon the innocent beachgoers in a symphony of high-pitched screeches. [break][break]

[break][break]

Clones made from DOUBLE TEAM create chaos as they swoosh over civilian’s heads, lured by their picnics and interesting objects. Hidden amongst them, using the screeching storm of white feathers as his cover, Puck the Wingull brings his THIEF game to the party with a sneaky, snapping beak. [break][break]

Snatching this and that from his unsuspecting victims indiscriminately.[break][break]

After carnage has been sowed, in which at least three children are crying somewhere in the distance over ruined sandcastles and popped beachballs, as well as some beach stalls and plenty of snacks having been obliterated, the clones converge; sailing up into the sky before descending around their trainer in an explosion of smoke and sand as they disappear in a poof. [break][break]

[break][break]

Emerging from the cloud, dust blowing away with the help of Puck’s WING ATTACK, Angelo Vestri joins the contest with an unrepentant grin. One that foretells a sheer lack of embarrassment for his entrance. [break][break]

You’d think they couldn’t carry much when you compare them to Pelipper’s big ol’ beak but you’d be surprised. Where they store it all though... Well, I guess I’ll leave that to you guy’s imagination. Can't tell you all their secrets just yet.” [break][break]

While he’d entered the storm of Wingull clad in his regular old attire, the courier now stands anew with coastal vibes thanks to Puck’s stolen gifts. [break][break]

Sandals, an open Alolan shirt with an Alolan Raichu theme print that showed off tanned abs, a Comfey themed Lei (or an actual Comfey, they may never know) around his neck and a shiny Voltorb beachball – which he kicks over in the judge’s direction, badly.[break][break]

Thankfully, Angelo didn’t need to acquire spare swimwear, he’s at least come with a pair of and Articuno trunks. They’re a refreshing frost blue, with a print of the avatar’s face on one leg and his mythical avian on the other. Official, too.[break][break]

Y'know, there's a reason these little assholes are everywhere.” He lifts the pair of pink, heart sunglasses snatched from right off ’s face up onto the top of his head, grinning. Puck lands on his shoulder and squawks noisily. Angelo doesn’t flinch, already accustomed to the noise or just half-deaf. “Doesn't matter if they're at a crowded beach or hanging outside your local McMime's; they're adaptable and tenacious as hell. Great, huh?” [break][break]

He takes a bite out of the slice of watermelon Puck had stolen from ’s Jynx with an intentional ‘mmm’ while looking straight into her camera. “Oh, hey Chrys. Enjoying Sinnoh? Heard it’s realy cold there... That's a bummer.”[break][break]

It’s probably not quite the magical girl transformation that secretly longs for when thinking of his bird buddy but boy, is Angelo now beach body ready thanks to Puck the Wingull’s helpful thieving ways!
[break][break]

[attr=class,bottom-text]

@tags

[attr=class,punkihopecredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.punkihope .accentbg]background: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accentborder, .punkihope .bulk i]border-color: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .accenttext, .punkihope .bulk b, .punkihope .bottom-text span a]color: #a1b6d7;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope]width: 500px; background: #242424; border: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.05); margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .absolute-holder]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.ibb.co/X2KXT6f/lance150.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1, .punkihope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #ffffff; opacity:0.8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1 div, .punkihope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #171717; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .image-divider div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=.punkihope .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #171717; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.punkihopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 15:15:39 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar

Chu-e had gladly taken 's offered Dr. Pika, since Charja-Cola getting just on his skin would probably kill him, and then had slipped away in preparation of his appeal. In the spirit of not being here to harass the contest herself, Chu-e was taking it upon himself to continue her legacy of just being a nuisance to everyone around him. He couldn't do that by being BORING and LAME.

Sadly, he misses many of the previous appeals. has no sooner finished his when a commotion starts from down the beach- a life guard blowing her whistle and urging the public that is closest to the shore away. In the distance, a purple shape, larger than most of the sailboats, speeds for the beach. White arcs of water spread like wings as the shape draws closer.

The Wailord crashes into the beach, sand and dirt flying everywhere as she carves a path through the sand, the ground trembling as she slowly comes to a stop- just inches from where the judges were seated for dramatic effect. A Water Spout comes with her, shooting high into the air before raining down onto the chaos she had caused.

A moment, then the Wailord closed her massive eyes and opened her mouth, fish breath hot and rancid in the judges faces, colossal pink tongue lolling out as the large fish pretended to be dead. For added effect, a viscous, Toxic, purple good leaked from her mouth, staining the sand lavender.

A beached whale.

The effect was instant. Where Angelo had summoned one Wingull with Double Team friends, REAL ones start to caw in the distance, drawn by the promise of rot, many circling above the Wailord while others landed in hoards on any available surface to wait; on tops of surf shop signs, beach umbrellas, 's head. No space was safe.

They would come from sky but also sea, a froth of bubbles rippling up and sand shifting as scuttling claws waited in the surf, almost apprehensive. A veritable hoard of Krabby and other crustaceans waiting in the wings, claws snapping, for the inevitable demise of the poor, sad, beached Wailord.

Thankfully for Mini, that would never come, because Chu-e had the power of pokeballs on his side and would be able to call her back before anything too serious happened to his pokemon.

A mad cackling started from the head of said Wailord, Chu-e rising to the top, dressed in this slutty little number, cat ears and everything. Any scars were covered up with waterproof makeup for the sake of consistency. From the gleam of his pale skin, it was clear he would end up sunburned as fuck by the time this whole event was over. Worth it.

"Why bother working within the biome when I have the power to change it?"

Another haughty anime girl laugh as he kicked a small rope ladder off the top of his pokemon, held in place by Arceus-knew-what, before he took the time to try and shimmy down. It was kind of sad to watch and took much too long, edging into awkward.

"Anyway!" Turning with a flare, he pat his pokemon on the side, skirting around the poison sand his pokemon was spreading. It reeked like garbage and death.

"Beached whales are a sad but natural part of life. They're often caused when a whale is sick or stressed, which leads the pokemon to basically committing suicide. It's not a fully understood process on exactly why they choose this over other options. However,"

With a wide sweep of his arms, Chu-e motions around him- to the waiting pokemon looking for a feast.

"Without human intervention, many other pokemon do benefit from this process! The noxious scent of rotting flesh draws in natural scavengers like Wingull and Krabby. In turn, those Krabby and Wingull draw in other larger pokemon to feast on them. But it's not just pokemon! Many of the flora in the surrounding area will also flourish from the added nutrients from the decay."

"I now declare this whole area the Beached Whale Biome! Fuck your beach and the rules!"

One last spluttering cough from Mini, who would Soak anyone still close enough with stinking water.
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,062 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 15:40:12 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","matias"]out at sea (not that far out), matias sits on an epoxy surfboard, chilling and enjoying the view as the currents push and pull. from that far out, he's allowed the sight of the other contestents making their entrances. he can't really hear them, though, but it's not like it matters. his entrance has long been decided.

"ready, buddies?"

dragonair snakes beneath the board, pirouetting in a TWISTER as she waits for her mark. poliwag hops up, stands on its two little feet, and waddles to the front of the board. matias starts paddling.

it doesn't take long for a wave to form behind them, and from the looks of it, it's going to be a big one. he paddles quicker, arms swinging, splashing through water, before the back of the board tips up. he pushes off the board, driving his knees forward before rising to his feet. he finds his balance, riding the wave with ease.

dragonair follows from underneath but soon blurs with AGILITY. she speeds on ahead, jolts of yellow dancing across her scales. when she's far enough from matias and close enough to the judge, she bursts out of the water and releases a THUNDER WAVE in the air. electricity dances across each drop of water, illuminating in a brilliant display of lights. she sinks back in, approaching the shore.

poliwag's just vibing.

soon, matias flows ashore and hops straight into a casual walk the moment the board reaches the sand. he makes sure to scoop poliwag into his arms before making his way over to the judges; dragonair slithers close behind, MARVEL SCALES glistening under the sun.

"judges."

he flashes them a smile, charming, as his eyes linger on one in particular. it's only then that he realizes he doesn't have an introduction prepared, at least not one as flashy as the others. so he gestures towards the dude with the other dragonair.

"uh, what he said."

[attr="class","noodles"]@hello
[newclass=.matias] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .matias b { color: #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #d5ad40; font-size: 13px; } .matias a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .matias .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .matias .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .matias .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .matias .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,877 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 21:06:46 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

COASTAL BIOME CONTEST

Screw your swimsuits, get some scuba gear you scrubs.

The reverberating sound of a whale's cry echoed deeply through the depths that spread several meters beyond the coast, thrumming through a nearby floating youth's chest, prompting a smile to spread over his lips.

"Seems like they all're havin' good fun." He said while grinning, spinning a chess piece in his hand for absolutely no reason. "Time to crash."

Gripping the chess piece tightly, he suddenly caught the head of the King with the nail of his thumb- before popping it open with a flick, revealing a button.

"Arriving early pays in dividends."

"Foolishness, All of you. Foolishness."

A grandiose, mechanical voice echoed throughout the beachside as several loudspeakers hidden under the sand came to life. The sea seemed to come alive as the voice rose, the waves crashing against the coast violently as it chastised them all.

"You dare thread upon her coast? You are all just prey waiting to be gnawed down to the bone." It boomed.

Several dozen feet down within the Ocean's depths, a sea cavern carved upon the bedfloor beneath the sands of the beach was to be found. Deep within the cavern, a single arthropod sat seiza style, breathing in deeply the salty water around herself.

"Wannabe Samurai tread her beach, Filthy ink stains her white sands, baby dragons vandalize her pools, opportunistic flying rats steal from her people, dirty carcasses ruin her scenic view, and worse yet! Half-assed, lukewarm greetings have been given to her worst enemy!"

Cracks emerged along the rocky formations of the coast as the beach began to tremble, droplets of sand quaking rapidly as volatile cans of Charja-cola popped open in pressurized bursts.

"You all need to be taught a lesson- in presentation!"

The water at the coast exploded upwards into a massive geyser, a pillar of ice rising skyward and refracting the gleaming light of the summer sun.

A silhouetted figure stood upon it, water dripping down its form as it slid off a flapping cape as if it were waterproof.

"Mufuhuhahahahahahahahaha!"

The masked showman laughed, its distorted voice thundering across the coast as it dramatically lifted a hand to its mask, shoulders quaking as it simmered down to chuckles.

"You have no class, no style, no aesthetics. Not just that- You are unwelcome. You are all nothing but prey trespassing on the Queen of the Coast's domain!"

The trembling of the earth grew more severe- wingulls along the coast took flight and krabbys dispersed in fright as a furious roar tore through the beach. Something wanted them all gone.

Starting with that whale.

The sand underneath the beached titan lurched upwards without warning, before an explosive vortex shattered the earth asunder. Grind down bedrock and torrenting salt water rose into the sky like a roaring geyser as a massive water drill launched the living balloon high into the sky, rising towards the clouds before suddenly exploding outwards, revealing the white plated figure of the Queen of the Coast.

Spinning through the sky, the Queen gazed down upon the worms daring to soil her beach...

Her gaze snapped sharply onto the judges. One in particular.

"But the worst of them all... is you, !"

Reeling back her claw, the water droplets around her suddenly converged around her arm before launching her forth in a blur of motion, the Queen crashing back down onto the beach with an explosion of sand, whipping up a massive dustcloud before immediately dispersing it with a lazy swipe of her other arm.

Revealing two massive, frozen gashes along the beach, entrapping one lovable, redheaded Gym Leader between them as she glared him (up) down. Even the sea water behind the judges had been frozen, creating large sculptures of crashing waves that reached all the way to the pillar upon which the masked, caped showman stood.

"You might not remember her. But she remembers you quite well." The voice went on ominously.

The lower half of Charja-cola fell off a second later, its innards frozen as well.

"She is the Queen of the Coast! A peerless Golisopod that has eliminated all nearby predators and claimed this entire beachside for her own! An Apex predator, through and through! Peacefully meditating several hundred meters down within the deep sea caverns she carved herself, she will nonetheless come out of seclusion to tear to pieces all prey foolish enough to sully her territory!"

He dragged his finger over his neck.

"That is to say... All of you. Mufu... huhu... Huhahahahaha!" He said, throwing his head back to laugh before leaping off his pillar, landing upon one of the many frozen waves and ice skating all the way to the beachside, coming to lean against his Golisopod as he stared at the judges.

"My rival has seen fit to be absent, clearly fleeing in terror..." He said, helmeted head turning towards a certain Laptop screen slightly before turning back to Zac. "So these middling servings will have to do."

His body suit was actually a diving suit, upon closer inspection.

"I am the King of the Dark Hives, and I am here for my crown, Gym Leader Ramsay."

Papermache and a gym badge gem would do.
close tab

played by

King

he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,211 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 8:05:01 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","razzboxbl"]

Join me for the day, he said. [break]
It'll be fun, he said. [break][break]

Yet fun was far from what he would describe these things. Razz didn't want badges, and didn't care for competitions like this, however somehow got him to agree to join him. It wasn't like it was his first time with these, but he still didn't like them. Especially with being watched which head thankfully for him he had his handy handy mask to hide behind. It was more to feel less nervous though rather than actually hide his identity. Especially since one of the others wasn't helping the whole 'hiding behind a mask' shtick. [break][break]

Finally it was his turn and he had no clue what to do, though he does lean over to , "Just so you know, you're my least favorite person... of all time," he comments before he looks to his Greninja who was also confused by all the performances. He was told this was a gym thing was there not meant to be fighting? He doesn't understand the performances. [break][break]

"Ummm.... hi I'm Razz Kingsman," he greets with the enthusiasm of someone who was attending a court mandated AA meeting, "And this is Royal uhhh...." he pauses as if unsure on what his Greninja could do. "He can swim?" he questions and while Royal gives him a baffled 'really?' looked, Razz points to a fallen surf board and then picks up on his clue. From beside them Salem just face palms with how bad they were at this. [break][break]

After his hint, Royal uses his large tongue to grab the abandon surfboard before going out to the sea and goes along the waves to ride them. Though he knows just how dangerous the waters can be, especially with the birds and crustacean pokemon the beached whale had summoned. So while riding the waves the ninja pokemon made sure to avoid.[break][break]

[break]

Eventually Royal makes it back to shore and looks to his trainer as if expecting him to come up with something else as it didn't seem like much. But again Razz had no clue how this worked, "Ummm he can also build?" again both his pokemon give him a deadpanned look, but it wasn't like Royal had any better ideas so he just sits himself in the ground and pulls the sand on him for a terrible makeshift castle. Tada! [break][break]

[break]

"Uhhh yeah that's all we got..." were they done now?

[break][break]

+ @biom Contest[break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.razzboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#d85641;[/newclass]

[newclass=.razzboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl i]color:#fff;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#db4253;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-top:6px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.razzboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 3:12:10 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Round 1 - Judging

JUDGING

"What a round of appeals!" Zac shouted, coughing from the Toxic fumes of 's Wailord. He pulled on a new shirt. This one had a picture of a surfing on it. "Let's check out those results, yeah?" Zac asked, looking around for another pair of sunglasses. Failing to find some, he turned to the contestants to give the results of the first round. 

with Samurott
  ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

ZAC: Great entrance mate! We can always count on you to bring the energy levels right up. I would have loved to see some more biome usage though. The most we really got was some swimming and jumping.

CHRYSSA: Excellent swordsmanship, Mr. Wynter. I can hardly focus on my feedback, my Jynx is slurping so loudly on that watermelon you sent flying our way. I wish you’d provided us with some sashimi instead if you were going to show off your knife skills-- I prefer to keep Oona on an all-fish diet. For her skin.

OSCAR: Your entrance was almost perfect, but now I'm covered in sticky water melon for the next six hours. So thanks for that.

EVA: “Wow! You never cease to amaze me, Kazimir! You and Kusanagi really demonstrated your strength surfin’ in here like that! Plus, I got a snack out of it!” Eva eats the watermelon “Loved the Razor Shell demonstration” Eva gives them a thumbs up with her free hand.

with Remoraid
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

OSCAR: "Talk about beach-side shenanigans! Beautiful entrance. I'm not even mad about the ink, it actually makes my shirt look better."

ZAC: "My shirt! Nice try mate, but you can't get me shirtless that easily. I brought a backup! You really showed off the ballistic nature of your Pokemon, but I wanted some more biome usage. Hitting the biome with your Pokemon is different to using the biome to hit the people and Pokemon nearby. The Coast is a tool, not a target." 

EVA: “Using the rainbow and dew to make a beautiful entrance really showed some mastery and including the crowd in your appeal really made them feel like part of the action. I could tell they loved it!” Eva’s already in a bikini and jean short and now soaking wet. Nice.

CHRYSSA: "Ha! Ha! Ha! I would be shaking in my waterproof boots had I not cleverly devised a survival strategy in advance ahead of your naive attempt on my dryness-- from behind this invulnerable computer screen, I cannot be-" *sound dissolves into crackling as the soaked laptop begins to die.*

with Dragonair
  ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

ZAC: "Gorgeous appeal mate! You've got quite a flair for dramatic reveals, and I loved the tight focus of your documentary style. Bringing a pseudo-legendary was a great move, and I loved the incorporation of tales and legends into the appeal.

Evolving during the appeal is always a risky move, but you related it back to what makes Dratini unique. Just be aware that you'll need to spotlight the unique features of Dragonair in the next few rounds, and specifically show how it's different to Dratini." 

EVA: “That was absolutely beautiful, Sam! Unfortunately it failed to thrill me. But your knowledge on these unique creatures made up for it in the end! Nice work!”

CHRYSSA: "You have quite a flare for intriguing visuals-- I appreciate you keeping your appeal in a single place, it makes camerawork much easier for Jynx. Legends, life and death, and an element of risk. I have a feeling I’ll be paying you a visit soon, Mr. Carter… if I ever return. Ha. Ha. Ha."

OSCAR: "Very informative. I dunno how you managed perfect timing with that evolution, like the amount of pre-planning that required must have been insane. Kudos."

with Wingull
  ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

CHRYSSA: "There we are! That’s the beach predator I’ve been waiting for. Your new getup is littered with Biome, Angelo, please change as soon as possible. As for Sinnoh, only the weak would shudder at the prospect of temperate weather and free health care."

OSCAR: "I am horrified and delighted. Nothing says beach day like the cries of tormented children, well done."

EVA: “Haha! What a bunch of lil rascals! I love it! I would have preferred to see some more mastery of the elements, but they certainly got creative!!”

ZAC: "First my shirt and now my sunglasses? I didn't bring another pair and now I'm going to be squinting all day! Or is that just from the brilliance of your appeal? You used your Pokemon's understanding and mastery of the biome to clothe yourself in parts of the biome. It was a smooth, masterful appeal, and so good it should be illegull."

with Wailord
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

ZAC: "Every so often we have someone who displays an understanding beyond just the biome of the day. Ki, as usual you have nailed it. You know the Coastal biome, and you know how biomes as a whole change, evolve, and interact with each other. Stunning appeal, and delightfully graphic. I'm giving you an extra heart for Best Biome Usage." 

EVA: “That was - uh - enlightening, Chu-e,” True but not something she wanted to see right now, “Regardless, it was a creative way to demonstrate a natural symbiosis and how the land and sea can be tied together.”

CHRYSSA: "Teeming. Just teeming, Mr. Ki. Imagine bringing a microcosm of life and death itself into a contest! That much decaying flesh would certainly cause a new ecosystem to come to life, at least for a time. Inspired. Also, you can thank Oona for plastic-wrapping the laptop for why that last Soak didn’t catch me."

OSCAR: "This is terrible, take my stars and go fuck yourself."

with Dragonair
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

EVA: “Huh, I didn’t know you could surf! Nice entrance! You and Dragonair showed mastery of the elements and the thrill of the sport but . . . c’mon . . . you could have said something better”

ZAC: "You really started way out there, didn't you? Some might say it was out in the Marine biome, even. Word of warning, don't mix up Marine and Coastal. It's an easy mistake, and a few people made it this round, but I hope you'll be more careful next time." 

CHRYSSA: "A confident entrance, Mr. Silph, but I’m afraid you’ll have to do as the Jynx do to enrapture this one’s heart. I’m talking about speaking, of course. As Jynx do. Your Dragonair is beautiful, but what makes it masterful? I find myself still waiting for the other shoe to drop."

OSCAR: "You sure showed up. Hopefully next round we'll see which Dragonair is superior."

with Golisopod
  ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

ZAC: "As with Matias, you started outside of the Coastal biome. I liked the entrance up through the sand, but I didn't see much of what made your Pokemon unique! I heard a lot of what made it 'the strongest Golisopod in the world', but maybe you should save that for a Tough contest. Show me biome usage and unique features." 

CHRYSSA: "My, my. A rather targeted performance, John. Beautifully scripted dialogue, and you were unique in utilizing what was under the biome. I find it… how shall I say it… unconvincing, however. Showmanship is only so good as far as it’s backed up by meaningful action."

OSCAR: "Is he threatening us? Is he participating? Whatever, that was sweet I'll give it credit."

EVA: Eva was on the edge of her seat, watching his thrilling entry, “You really got me going with that one!” Her hands clapped happily, “You hit every mark, excellent work!”

with Greninja
  ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 

CHRYSSA: "Adorable as always, Razz, though I believe the surfboard prop was meant for the trainers. Does Greninja really need the board to show his prowess in the sea? You don’t have to be surfing with him, but do at least amuse us with your awkward voiceover while the surfing and building montage plays."

OSCAR: "That sand castle reeled me in. This is clearly a very talented Greninja and I would like to see what else he can do."

EVA: “That was great,” she encouraged, feeling the heavy awkwardness from all the way back here, “It was rather . . . basic but I did appreciate seeing Royal’s mastery of the water and agility!” Eva always felt terrible saying such things.

ZAC: "That was a great start mate! I know public speaking isn't your forte, so feel free to sign like you did last time if that's easier. As the competition goes on I'd love to see a bit more of what makes your Greninja unique. Maybe more of his lithe movement, stealth, and attacking. Should be lots of chances in the next round."  

ROUND 2 - SANDCASTLES

"It's time for a scrap!" Zac said, looking like he'd already been on the receiving end of one. "For this next round contestant and Pokemon will have to work together in a battle of skill, tactics, and sand. A sandcastle building competition!"

The goal this round is to showcase biome usage, and your Pokemon's unique traits through combat! Contestants are tasked with building a delightful sandcastle, while their Pokemon defend the castle and attack the constructions of others. 

• Points carry over from Round 1
  • All contestants that reach 10 appeal points qualify for Round 3
  • Roll with your post
  • Rolling higher than the person before you awards you 1 point, but rolling lower will award them 1 point instead.
  • Ties award 1 point each
  • The first and last posts this round get 1 point automatically, as they are performing uncontested.
  • Judges will also be posting in this round. Points scored against a judge are doubled

POSTING

The 2nd round will end Saturday 3rd of July at 11:59pm Tokyo time.

At the end of the round, the judges will award special boons that provide a mechanical advantage for the final round based on outstanding biome performance.

Please use the roll command for every post this round.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 3:33:51 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING @coastal contest

"kusanagi! let's show these guys that they don't want to mess with us and our castle!" kazimir said as he wore a bucket over his head as a hard helmet as he took a small toy spade and began to dig a large ring around a pretty big diameter around where he and his samurott stood. with bulging biceps glistening in the sunlight from sweat bits of sand started to stick to him as he dug as quickly as his muscles could allow him. "make sure you give them a show too kusanagi, those judges are watching our every move." he commanded, giving a wink to the judges table.

the samurott let out a chuff as he stood to his full height on his hindlegs and gripped the blades on his arms and drew them, sliding them across each other to create a grating sound before sticking them into the ground in a cross in front of him. suddenly the swords were moved across the sand, kicking some up as the samurai cut through the falling sand and began to move in the opposite direction that kazimir was digging with powerful steps and wide slashes as if it was doing a dance with its swords. with each stroke the blades seemed to dig into the sand deeper and deeper, an observant eye would notice that it was helping building the ring that its trainer was building.

as they made a complete lap and were going to meet with one another the dance ended with the samurott bringing both of his blades down in an overhead swing down on kazimir's head. however kaz never broke his grin as he brought his little toy spade up to catch both blades as they tried to strike him down only to fail as kaz pushed against them and brought himself to stand toe to toe with his pokemon, both of them glaring at one another before shooting a glare at the competition to warn the. come at them, and they'll get diced.

gVptQUx_

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 2:52:56 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Ring ring!
An automatic ringtone played from the Judges' Table. Surprisingly, Chryssa's Jynx was the one who answered the phone, flipping her pink-and-blonde streaked hair over her shoulder as she cradled the receiver to her... ear?

<Oolooloo?>

"Yes, Oona, it's me-- Chryssa. Get the thing I gave you."

Jynx pulled out a fake driver's license and a set of car keys.

"No, not that! The other thing. The Biome thing." Chryssa's voice cut sharply through the speakers as if she could see Oona's mistake. Actually, considering the video feed streaming from the laptop on the table, she could. "Will you hurry up? I want to stop Kazimir from making his sand castle!"

Jynx plunged a hand into the folds of her red dress, withdrawing something round and roughly Jynx-palm-sized. She tossed it forward hastily. For a moment it appeared a Pokemon was throwing a Pokeball, but as the round thing sailed through the air, it landed in the sands with a puff and a wobble. It was bleached-white and porous, blending right in with the other shells and corals littering the beach.

"Turn on the speaker, please."

Oona held the phone away from her at arms' length as Chryssa's bossy, arrogant tones played. "Your most virulent, sinister Haze please, Blaire."

The top of the round pod cracked and floated off its vessel like a ceramic lid, issuing a wave of salty white miasma. The black flesh inside rose into the air, enveloped by a swell of ocean mist that formed reaching branches and tendrils across the beach.

Like early morning fog over the sea, the HAZE skated in a thin sheet across the sands, filling 's moat to the brim with pale, reaching smoke. It continued to cascade and overflow past the lip of the tiny trench, seething out towards nearby competitors as well.

Those who interacted with it would find themselves growing weak and lethargic, for the mists were also laced with Cursola's STRENGTH SAP.

tRNzrqe4

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 4:27:40 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
TAGGING @coastal contest

"huh?"

as the white mist rolled over kazimir's hands as he started to pad out the foundation on which to build his castle he looked around to see where the source was coming from. it didn't take long to see the sight of a ghostly corsola waving about spewing the haze from its body. "well well well it looks like we have some trespassers on our land. kusanagi! show them what we do to people who dare to try and sully our kingdom!" the blonde roared out as he aimed a spade at the corsola.

his samurott let out a howl to signal his attack, one that would start once the haze reached the tip of the water. suddenly the tides pulled back and slowly the water began to rise taking up the mist with it as the samurott took his stance and a large wave suddenly sprung up behind him and climbed over him and kazimir in an arch that would keep them dry as the waters crashed down in front of their moat, wiping away some of the haze that was sapping the strength of their foes and looked like it could very well sweep them off their feet instead and take them for a surfing adventure into the sea.

Kc4QDQbA

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 16:05:01 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Since Mini was, well, very large and unable to move on land, Chu-e had just plopped himself down in the shade she was creating. A very small, sad, pathetic sandcastle to be sure- he was no artist. At least this close to the surf the sand was nice and wet to stick together without being too sludgy that it would just fall apart,

He stuck a stray leaf on the top of a lopsided tower.

Mini's best defense against roving fog and other would-be intruders was built in. She was just so fucking big it was hard to get past her to even get to the sand castle.

r7CwKX|L
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 4:08:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the strategy for this round was simple: go for full offense and leave his thing undefended for the most part. he'll just rebuild it if need be, and besides, it's going to take much more effort to build one than just go gung ho.

"go pew pew pew!" he tells the remoraid in his hand.

he takes aim at the wailord with the remoraid held firmly in his hands like a magnum. it's a big enough target anyways that it's going to be difficult to miss, and warming up should be part of the beach routine.

his remoraid opens its mouth as it throws puny little bullet seeds at the large wall.

aGicYtjk

@tags