murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
have a great, positive, and beautiful day!
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
HANDYMAN HUSTLE II ☆ WEDDING WISH!
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 1:42:56 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

THE HANDYMAN HUSTLE
wedding wish

30 years ago, MICHIKO MAEDA wished upon a falling star and met the love of her life. Now as they renew their MARRIAGE vows with new responsibilities on the horizon, will Jirachi bless this next chapter of their lives?
MICHIKO MAEDA straightened up from the courtyard, a single stick of incense burning on the little shrine among the rocks. Every year on this day, her anniversary, she sent prayers and thanks to the stars that she and her husband had been able to meet all those years ago.

"Maybe this year..." she murmured, sliding open the screen door to tiptoe back into her house.

Her elderly mother, Etsuko, greeted her with an unintelligible string of dialect and Michi's wistful expression changed into an alarmed one. "People are calling? So many? Ah, but did the flower shop call? I am worrying about it..."

"It's probably our guests,"
said Mickey, walking into the room. The sight of her husband made Michi's heart soar, then immediately plunge. He had his car keys in one hand-- was he going somewhere? "Sweetie, I'm going into town to get a haircut. I'll be back in an hour or so."

"Guests? Is your brother coming?"
Michi asked, startled. After their first five or so Vow Renewals, both of their family members had lost interest and stopped coming to the ceremonies. The fact that this one was a 30-year-landmark hadn't made much more of an impression. "Wait! If you are leaving, who will pick the bamboo grass? You know I am not tall enough..."

"We're going to need food, and party games!"
he called behind him. "I found that old 'Handyman' list you had saved from January. I called everyone. And some other people I know, too! Hell if I'm letting our thirtieth anniversary slide by without a show, Michi."

Giving the stunned woman a kiss on the cheek, Mickey slid into the car and began to back it out of the garage just as Michi heard the the doorbell ring. Heart pounding, tears of shock and gratitude gathering in her eyes, the bride-to-be turned and made her way to the front door. 

"Welcome, everyone!" she cried, bowing so low that she felt dizzy. "Thank you for coming!"

THE HANDYMEN were here!

STARTING TASKS

NEW! Sasa Slasher: (2 posts) Take the "clippers" (it's actually a Doublade hanging over the mantle) and cut down some bamboo grass from the neighbor's yard to decorate Michi's back yard for Tanabata. It's fine, she does it every year.

NEW! Potluck Luck: (5 posts) Bring a dish, any dish! Appetizers, an Entree, and Dessert are needed for the reception! Michi is only expecting a small gathering of friends, so potluck-style is fine. Feel free to stop by the store if you're not a "cooking" person.

NEW! Delivery Gone Wrong: (1 post) The flowers Michi ordered haven't arrived yet. Follow up with the florist (the number is on a post-it note) and figure out what the holdup is. If the flowers need to be swapped out, use your good judgment! 

Welcome to WEDDING WISH, the second installment of Michiko's HANDYMAN HUSTLE!

Unlike the last Handyman Hustle, which required players to track their individual post count in order to qualify for mission rewards, WEDDING WISH will simply be a group social thread redeemable for social curry rewards (the shiny swap seemed more wedding-themed than an evolutionary item to me! Pretend it was in the centerpiece you got to take home.) 

There is no post order or limit. Any player can join, jump in, or jump out at any time. Everyone's welcome! To participate, just make a post fulfilling one of the task prompts above and mark in your OOC which one you chose. The list will be periodically updated with new tasks and prompts!

Like last time, please feel free to take creative liberty with the prompts and Michi's house, though bear in mind I still have to live with any unusual headcanons you establish. NO MORE PYROAR

Rather than by room, the pacing of WEDDING WISH will be dictated by the current page!

Page 1: Wedding Prep
Page 2: Wedding Setup
Page 3: The Revowing
Page 4: Wedding Reception
Page 5: Jirachi* Definitely
*shiv has not confirmed

This wildly successful and sexy thread will run from July 7 to July 30 PST.

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 2:32:58 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

Zac had been up since early morning baking with Boshi. The pair of them were award winning pastry chefs, and Zac had even adapted his famous recipe to make something special just for Michi. 

"I call it Pie-roar!" Zac said proudly, setting the creation down on the food table. The pie had been cut into the shape of a Pyroar (Michi's favorite Pokemon) and was even wrapped in a decorative fabric bearing dozens of images of the Pokemon's likeness. 

"It's a spicy fruit pie. Lots of Liechi, Cherri, and Figy, and a good hit of cinnamon to really bring out that gentle heat."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 3:19:31 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Okay, so this—was going to be like the first public outing he’d have ever since… well, after meeting Vic in Slateport he’d kept mostly to himself at Fortree.

Apparently his plans of joining the Tournament were derailed by his latest visit to the hospital, as he’d been advised to temporarily lay off the heavy activity—and that meant battling, for one thing.

Well, shit.

At least he could still visit friends—right? Right?

So with a hand that was still prone to being agitated to heavy work, he had to do most of everything one-handed, which meant he had to resort to a no-bake recipe this time.

The good thing was he could still manage, although it took much longer than usual.

He’d also been banned from flying, so… groaning, he had to take the Teleport express via Tatiana, his Gardevoir, to Petalburg after receiving a message from one about another housewarming…

Okay, walking around with a crutch was hard enough as it is. Having a still-healing right hand also complicated matters by a lot so…

“Sorry I’m such a wreck,” he apologized once he’d managed to take his boots off with (a lot of) difficulty before limping inside, holding a box with a recipe card in his left hand.

“I heard there was more pie that needed tasting?”

(the pie he brought along. no-bake salted caramel dark chocolate pie)

recipe card here

Potluck Luck: 2 / 5

for now mostly
close tab

played by

Gray

he/she (genderfluid)
November 17
Driftveil City
questioning
trainer
civilian
45 height
45 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
272 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cardamombliss
Cardamom Bliss
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 3:51:09 GMT
Cardamom Bliss Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","woo1"]
[attr="class","woo2"]Hold on, what's the rush

[attr="class","woo3"]
Cardamom and his family had been both surprised and grateful to be offered this catering opportunity. The Bliss family had leaped at the opportunity to both help out a regular customer and spread the word of their bakery to more people. They'd stayed up rather late baking various tarts and cakes, along with some savory bread rolls, but the real centerpiece of their effort was a giant mixed-berry pie drizzled with multicolored syrup. The crust also had a large cursive B, the official bakery logo, printed on it.[break][break]
Cardamom had arrived with his three parents and his older brother, each of them carrying various parts of the meal. As they hurried to set up, he walked over to set down his pie, then blinked at the sight of the other pies being set down. He rubbed the back of his neck, looking a bit embarrassed. "Looks like we all had the same idea, huh?" he asked and . But hey, at least his family had brought some side dishes other than pie!
[attr="class","woo4"]

[attr="class","woo5"]pronouns; he/him

[attr="class","woo5"]tags;@tag

[attr="class","woo5"]notes potluck luck: 3/5

[attr="class","woo6"]

[attr="class","copyright"]new york station

[Googlefont=ubuntu|roboto condensed]
[newclass=.woo1]background-color:#141414;padding:20px;width:400px;height:540px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo2]background-color:#DF7401;margin:-20px -20px 10px -20px;padding:20px;text-align:center;letter-spacing:2px;font-family:ubuntu;font-size:10px;line-height:50px;color:#141414;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo3]text-align:justify;padding:10px;line-height:12px;font:10px roboto condensed;letter-spacing:1px;width:200px;height:350px;overflow:auto;color:#f1f1f1;margin:10px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo3 b]color:#F5DA81;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo3::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:none;border-left:solid 5px #141414;border-right:solid 5px #141414;background-color:#B45F04;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo3::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:horizontal]border-bottom:solid 5px #141414;border-top:solid 5px #141414;background-color:#DF7401;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo3::-webkit-scrollbar]border:none;background-color:#141414;width:11px;height:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo4]padding:10px;border:5px solid #B45F04;height:100px;width:100px;margin-left:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo5]background-color:#DF7401;padding:5px;text-align:justify;width:120px;line-height:20px;margin:10px 0px 0px 50px;font:10px roboto condensed;color:#141414;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo6]background-color:#DF7401;margin:10px -20px -20px -20px;padding:20px;line-height:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.copyright a]color:#F5DA81!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

BD

The Peacemaker
She / Her
January 25
Pallet Town, Kanto
Heterosexual...?
Veterinarian
Head Prof / Major
I HOPE
you dream of me
5'3'' height
5'3'' height
My legacy is in the lives I save
awards
3,742 posts
Eva Morales DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dreva
Eva Morales
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 10:53:18 GMT
Eva Morales Avatar

had been cooking up a storm and the pie smelled delicious. He wouldn’t let her try any of it, which was disappointing. Eva couldn’t wait to give it a try later. The small blonde pops in behind Zac with a bright smile, “Hiya! Thanks for having me!” she steps into the beautiful home, and it painfully aware that there is still quite a bit to be done. Eva is not a cook, so physical labor is something she can contribute to. At the mention of needing to cut come bamboo, she’s on it, “I got it!” she nearly leaps forward to snag the Doublade before anyone else can and rush back out of the house towards Michiko’s neighbor’s yard.

Although Michiko said it was ok . . . Eva still attempts to be sneaky about it. Adele, her Gardevoir, appears behind her when summoned. To keep down the racket, Eva snips bamboo while Adele gently lowers the falling foliage with PSYCHIC, lying them in a neat pile in Michiko’s yard.

& whoever else wants to cut bamboo

Bamboo 1/2

SNIP SNIP

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,220 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 19:38:53 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

He arrived alongside the large group, forcing a smile and a nod at Michiko's thanks.

"It's the least we could do. 30 years is... exemplary. Congrats, Michiko." He said in what little private time they managed, before excusing himself to help out with the preparations. He stopped a half step later. "Ah- Raki is doing well, by the way. Maybe you would like to catch up with him later?"

And then he went off to help with preparations. He hadn't been in the mood to cook anything for some time now; he had nothing to give to the couple on that front. But he knew a thing or two about cutting accurately.

He was far from the first person to have a go at it however.

... Don't think too hard.

"Doctor." He said with a nod, two pokeballs in hand. A moment later, his Gallade and Aegislash were present.

"We're cutting Bamboo leaves." He said simply to the blue Gallade as it looked around, catching sight of Eva and immediately staring away awkwardly. "Don't waste time. Get to it."

The man grasped onto Galatine's Shield as blades extended from the Gallade's elbows, Gawain switching into gear.

Making tight, compact swings towards some of the taller bamboo's higher-up leaves, the leaves were cut cleanly as Gwyar moved under them, catching them in the back of the shield as if it were a basket.

TAG:

close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 3:09:38 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

THE HANDYMAN HUSTLE
wedding wish

30 years ago, MICHIKO MAEDA wished upon a falling star and met the love of her life. Now as they renew their MARRIAGE vows with new responsibilities on the horizon, will Jirachi bless this next chapter of their lives?
Her unexpected (but very welcome) guests began to arrive one after another. Michi took the "Pie-roar" from , smiling through her tears at the lionesque image carved into the top. Of course Mickey would have called Zac first. "Oh, Zac, it is beautiful! We will enjoy--"

Another pie was pressed into her hands, this one rimmed with a beautiful chocolate crust. Taken aback, Michi took it from , now balancing one pie in each hand. "O-oh! Pie! Thank you... ah! Are you OK?" Why was he limping?  Did he need help? Unconsciously, she moved to cover her mouth in surprise and nearly pied herself in the face.

She hurried away to set both pies down in the kitchen just as one arrived with the catering. Michi clapped her hands in relief, seeing bread rolls and other delicious baked goods being carried inside. "Cardamom! It is good to see you! Are your mothers here?" she exclaimed, turning to the teen. She froze when she saw the third pie of the hour, but quickly recovered. "A-a-ah, no, it is OK! Pie... I like pie... it is healthier than cake, I think!"

Well, at least she wouldn't need to order a wedding cake now.

A snapping sound from outside the kitchen window alerted her that and had just finished clipping her bamboo grass, so Michi leaned out the windowsill to wave them down and call out more instructions for the Tanabata setup in the yard. She wondered if it was festive enough-- should she have bought other decorations? 

...What about the old ones in the garage?

Michi disappeared from the kitchen for a few minutes and returned, staggering under a big cardboard box marked WEDDING DECORATIONS. A smaller, deceptively heavy box marked BALLOON ARCH was balanced on top. "Everyone!" Michi announced, "I have an idea..."

WEDDING PREP TASKS

NEW! Balloon Archery: (2 posts) You've got strong lungs? Michi needs them! Fill up approximately 128 latex 11-inch balloons for her archway, using your Pokemon or your own personal supply of carbon dioxide. Can't miss a breath!

NEW! Mix and Match: (2 posts) Bust out the old wedding decorations from the garage and put something together that really screams "enchantingly beautiful 30th wedding anniversary re-vowing." Most of the decor is from the 70's, but maybe you can still find something classy in among the more eclectic items!

NEW! Bamboozled: (1 post) Set up the cut bamboo grass festively around the back yard and prepare some slips of colored paper for guests to write their wishes on! Michi has construction paper in her husband's office you can use.

Potluck Luck: (5 posts) Bring a dish, any dish! Appetizers, an Entree, and Dessert are needed for the reception! Michi is only expecting a small gathering of friends, so potluck-style is fine. Feel free to stop by the store if you're not a "cooking" person.

Delivery Gone Wrong: (1 post) The flowers Michi ordered haven't arrived yet. Follow up with the florist (the number is on a post-it note) and figure out what the holdup is. If the flowers need to be swapped out, use your good judgment! 

TASK PROGRESS

██ Sasa Slasher (2/2)  COMPLETE!

█████ Potluck Luck (5/5)  COMPLETE!

Delivery Gone Wrong (1/1)  COMPLETE!

██ Balloon Archery (2/2)  COMPLETE!

Mix and Match (1/2)

Bamboozled (0/1)

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,046 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 3:57:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Oh, me?” he said with a nervous laugh as he grabbed the crutch and leaned on it. “Just a—small accident. Nothing too bad,” he reassured.

White lie right there, Alex. Freakin’ white lie. Nobody else needed to know, right? Right?

“I can’t stress out so much so I’ll take care of the lighter things—” he reassured as he made his way to the kitchen and saw that there was a post-it note pinned to said fridge.

“What’s this about flowers?” he hollered as he snatched the note off the fridge one-handed and hobbled over to the phone that was mounted on the—

He let out a guffaw at the sight.

It was a wall-mounted Skitty phone.

“Is this safe to use?!” he added a few moments afterward, chuckling as he leaned against the wall and picked up the—receiver, he guessed—and heard a dial tone.

Punching in the numbers with his left hand, he then rang up the florist and waited a few minutes before someone else finally picked up.

“Oh, hi. About those flowers for the Maeda household…” he began, balancing the phone on his right shoulder before reaching over with his left hand for some paper and a pen, before clumsily writing things down with his working hand. Thank Arceus he was ambidextrous.

“Yeah, they haven’t been delivered yet, they were supposed to be here bout forty-five minutes ago. We’re checking in on the hold-up, it’s for a wedding celebration, you see…”

Several more minutes of hasty scribbling on the pad later, he ended the call.

“Is there anyone who can go over to the florist and grab the flowers?” he called out as he waved the paper around, looking for the ever-gracious hostess of the entire shindig.

“Their delivery service blew a tire out and they forgot to bring a spare.”

Delivery Gone Wrong: 1 / 1

(gone LITERALLY wrong, kek)

for now mostly

close tab

played by

D-Bug

The Robust
He/Him/His
Twenty-Eight
October 30th
Bevaridge Town
Biomesexual
Pokemon Educator/Vlogger/Biome Enthusiast
See ya later, Feraligatr!
awards
1,591 posts
Zac Ramsay DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zac
Zac Ramsay
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 4:40:37 GMT
Zac Ramsay Avatar

If there was one thing Zac was good at, it wasn't decorating. But for Michi? Anything.

"Don't worry, I'll have this place dressed to the nines in no time!" he said, rifling through one of the boxes. It was packed with an eclectic assortment of decorations. Hanging letter banners, un-popped party-poppers that were well past their expiration, packets of re-usable glitter, and of course wedding wigs. Zac pulled out one of the Bouffalant wigs, trying it on. "Now this is a wedding look and a half!" 

Zac unjumbled the glamorous hanging letters and laid them out on the table. There were a few sets, mixed in from previous anniversaries and other events. JOYFUL 10TH ANNIVERSARY!, MICHIKO L♡VE MICKEY, NEW YEAR 2002, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATCHAN! "Now how can I use these to spruce the place up?" he wondered. One of them one was fine, but the other three were either outdated or not relevant (sorry Matchan). 

Zac grabbed a pair of scissors and some sparkly tape, and set to work rearranging the letters. "How are there no G's?" Zac wondered, shaking his head. "And only one S? Hmmm, I can use some of these M's as W's though..."

Twenty minutes later he was done, and hung the rejuvenated banners across the entryway. He had used some of the letters 'creatively', but the final product was quite stunning. 

PYR0ARSOME ANNUAL V0W DAY!

YAY THIRTY

Mickey had also mentioned that Michiko was praying for Jirachi to appear, so on a spur of the moment he had thrown together a

WELC♡ME JIRACHI CHAN!

banner. With the remaining letters, Zac made some delicate cuts and created one last label. 

202VIP PIE TABLE

It wasn't a masterpieces, but it would help people find the food as they navigated the busy house. 

Mix and Match 1/2

close tab

played by

yams

Ji-Hoon Ki
they/he
twenty seven
june fifteenth
solaceon, sinnoh
queer
intel
---
can i
call you tonight?
5'8" height
5'8" height
words drip like honey dear how sweet it is to hear
awards
2,584 posts
Chu-e Choi DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @choi
Chu-e Choi
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 6:27:15 GMT
Chu-e Choi Avatar
Chu-e was ready.

He rolled up to @michi's place with his Machamp behind him and Skitty in his arms. He was dressed for the occasion in a chic modern take on the 70s rompers that men wore. Flipping his heart shaped sunglasses up and onto his head, he grinned at the assembled party of people.

"Miss Michi! I brought some food." Handing Sprinkles to his Machamp's empty arm, he reached into a bag and pulled out a cute container that held a Strawberry-Rhubarb pie. Made from scratch! It looks delectable. Chu-e had also had more than five minutes to throw it together so it shouldn't have the same results as last time. He had even cut out little hearts on the top.

"Where do you want the rest of it?" He motioned vaguely to the other bags his Machamp was carrying. Chu-e didn't know exactly how many people were going to be there, but he had brought enough food for at least thirty people to have a nice meal.

Various pasta salads from some white lady's recipe blog were mixed in with his own favorites like beef kimchi buns, stuff tofu pouches, spicy marinated pork, and who could forget the fried chicken? Certainly not him. At least they wouldn't all be relegated to only sharing pies.

Potluck Luck
close tab

played by

Gray

he/she (genderfluid)
November 17
Driftveil City
questioning
trainer
civilian
45 height
45 height
awards
272 posts
part of
TAG WITH @cardamombliss
Cardamom Bliss
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 9:53:35 GMT
Cardamom Bliss Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","woo1"]
[attr="class","woo2"]Hold on, what's the rush

[attr="class","woo3"]
Cardamom grinned over at Michi as he finished up arranging the other treats his family had brought. "Yeah!" he said. "My dad and my big brother too, and Uncle Basil's driving his own way over." And then soon after he mentioned said uncle, he became aware of calling for help with the flowers. "Oh, hang on a moment!" he called, rushing over to his dad, a glasses-wearing man with short black hair. A few words were exchanged and a call was made, and Cardamom offered a thumbs-up in Alexei's direction. "Uncle Basil says it's on the way for him!" he said. "He'll grab them on his way over!"[break][break]
Feeling revitalized by helping to solve the problem, he dived at the balloons next. Luckily, he knew just which of the Pokemon on his team would be helpful for this. He grabbed Half-Moon by the claw and offered up the balloons to her. She quickly became aware of what he was asking, and with surprising delicacy managed to start inflating the balloons passed to her with her own breath, before passing them off to Cardamom to tie in knots and arrange in the proper pattern.
[attr="class","woo4"]

[attr="class","woo5"]pronouns; he/him

[attr="class","woo5"]tags;@tag

[attr="class","woo5"]notes balloon archery: 1/2

[attr="class","woo6"]

[attr="class","copyright"]new york station

[Googlefont=ubuntu|roboto condensed]
[newclass=.woo1]background-color:#141414;padding:20px;width:400px;height:540px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo2]background-color:#DF7401;margin:-20px -20px 10px -20px;padding:20px;text-align:center;letter-spacing:2px;font-family:ubuntu;font-size:10px;line-height:50px;color:#141414;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo3]text-align:justify;padding:10px;line-height:12px;font:10px roboto condensed;letter-spacing:1px;width:200px;height:350px;overflow:auto;color:#f1f1f1;margin:10px 0px 10px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo3 b]color:#F5DA81;font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo3::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]border:none;border-left:solid 5px #141414;border-right:solid 5px #141414;background-color:#B45F04;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo3::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:horizontal]border-bottom:solid 5px #141414;border-top:solid 5px #141414;background-color:#DF7401;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo3::-webkit-scrollbar]border:none;background-color:#141414;width:11px;height:11px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo4]padding:10px;border:5px solid #B45F04;height:100px;width:100px;margin-left:50px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo5]background-color:#DF7401;padding:5px;text-align:justify;width:120px;line-height:20px;margin:10px 0px 0px 50px;font:10px roboto condensed;color:#141414;letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.woo6]background-color:#DF7401;margin:10px -20px -20px -20px;padding:20px;line-height:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.copyright a]color:#F5DA81!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 13:19:52 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
You know all those times your mom sends you to a friend's house to drop of a pie? Wait, that's not normal? Really?

Well here Sam was with a beautiful red velvet two tiered cake that was a favorite of his growing up. Not only that, but also a recipe that was shared between his mother's closest friend, a pinpal she'd had since her youth. The one and only woman of the hour, .

As he entered, he'd set his cake down at the table and looked for the bride to be. Once he found her, he gave a small wave. He was covered in tattoos which was very different than the photo of himself at seven and his mother that she'd sent to Michiko in the mail so long ago.

"Mrs. Maeda, I'm Sam Carter." He introduced. "My mother apologizes for not being able to make it, but I've come on her behalf."

The tasks at hand had him raising his eyebrows. "I'd ask if there's anything I could help with, but it seems obvious that there's quite a lot to be done. I'll get started promptly."

He was, admittedly, the very opposite of his usually spastic, aloof, charismatic, and beautiful mother.
@ potluck luck 5/5!
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 19:48:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.icon]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.icon img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","avery"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","topimg"]

[attr="class","main"]
[attr="class","textbox"]

[attr="class","icon"]

Michi's 30th wedding? No, that wasn't right. Maybe? Her 30th wedding anniversary, yes, that must be it! [break][break]

Oh, how romantic and sweet! It was like her grandparents anniversary's all over again, except this time, she wasn't related to Michi and Mickey personally![break][break]

Avery finds herself outside and lending a hand to an adorable young man and his equally adorable little Teddiursa. With a bashful blush of her own, the young woman sidles up to assist.[break][break]

"Do you mind if I help?"[break][break]

Unfortunately, her first attempts at blowing up the balloons herself are embarrassing, full of red cheeks and exasperation. She then chooses to put her skills to work tying the balloons that Cardamom's Teddiursa blows up instead.

[attr="class","ooc"] notes

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","milkycredit"]milky

[newclass=".avery"]width:530px; margin:0px auto; background:#1f1f1f; min-height:200px; border-radius:10px; padding-bottom:40px; position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery"]--accent:#A76B62; --speech:#A76B62;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery b"]color:var(--speech); font-size:12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery i"]color:var(--speech);[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery .top"]height:120px; background:#242424; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; border-bottom:20px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery .topimg"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/HNw1Xqh/avery-post.png); height:250px; margin:-100px 30px 20px; background-size:cover; background-position:50% 30%;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery .main"]color:#ccc; font:11px/16px 'Roboto'; background:#2B2B2B; background-image: url(https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom right; margin:-20px 30px 0px; text-align:justify; padding:20px 0px 50px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery .textbox"]padding:5px 30px 0px 28px; margin:0px 20px; border-left:1px solid var(--accent); border-right:1px solid var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery .textbox::first-line"]text-transform:lowercase; color:var(--accent); font-weight:bold; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:1px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery .textbox .icon"]float:left; margin-right:10px; height:85px; width:85px; background:#222; padding:10px; border-radius:10px; border:1px solid #2B2B2B; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery:hover .textbox .icon"]filter:none; transition:0.8s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery .main .pkmn"]text-align:center; position:absolute; left:50px; bottom:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery .pkmn img"]background:#111; border-radius:100px; padding:0px 3px 13px 3px; border:4px solid transparent; border-top:4px solid var(--accent); height:40px; margin-right:8px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery .pkmn img:hover"]filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery .bottom"]background:var(--accent); height:30px; margin:0px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery .milkycredit"]text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-35px; top:35px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery a"]color:#222; font:bold 11px poppins;font-weight:700;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery .ooc"]border-top:1px solid rgba(250,250,250,0.05); padding:15px 20px 5px; width:350px; margin:20px auto 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".avery .ooc b"]background:var(--accent);font:11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; padding:0px 5px; color:#eee; margin-right:5px;[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Montserrat|Roboto+Mono|Poppins:500,600,700]
close tab

played by

murk

Michi
she/her
November 1
Petalburg City, Hoenn
happily wed
Gym Receptionist
Civilian
awards
305 posts
part of
TAG WITH @michiko
michiko maeda
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 2:18:54 GMT
michiko maeda Avatar

THE HANDYMAN HUSTLE
wedding wish

Thank goodness for the Bliss family! Michi felt ready to faint as cheerfully sent his uncle out to pick up the flowers. She would have gone herself, but Mickey had taken the car into town. “Thank you for checking!” She said to , lacking the good sense to be embarrassed by her cartoonish Skitty phone. 

arrived and for a moment Michi could only stare owlishly at him, wondering what the tattooed young man and her Kantonese pen pal had in common. Then it clicked, and she brightened like the dawning sun. “Ah... AH! You are... Sam! Oh, I am so surprise!” Michiko beamed, eyes settling on the beautiful red velvet cake. She felt like she’d been tearing up all afternoon, but all the memories associated with the cake brought the tears back once more.  

“Thank you for coming,” Michi said earnestly, bowing her head. But her gaze inevitably wandered to , who looked absolutely resplendent in his 70’s romper. She wasn’t sure why he had her Skitty and Machamp, but she was just happy they were being included. “You are looking very fashionable!” she exclaimed, humbled by the sight of all the food. Between the five pies/cakes and all the food he and Cardamom had brought, there were so many dishes on the table now that she was sure everyone would have enough to eat!

With the balloon arch almost finished (Michi waved to ) and a series of thoughtful and humorous banners prepared (  ) it was almost time to start setting up for the wedding. As she called instructions to the Handymen, however, Michi couldn’t know that the venue already had an occupant— wearing a huge visor, sunglasses, and wielding two katanas, ETSUKO MAEDA performed her evening stretches in the back yard.

WEDDING SET-UP TASKS

NEW! Mick & Michi’s Infinite Playlist: (2 posts) This re-vowing is missing some ambiance! Put together some music for the ceremony and reception. You can use your own cool, new-age music or any old CD’s you find around the house.

NEW! Guest List Gist: (2 posts) Did everyone RSVP? Due to the last-minute nature of this surprise wedding event, Michi’s guest list is all over the place. Organize who’s coming and invite (tag) some more people you know to the ceremony! 

NEW! Terminate Tai Chi: (1 post) Michi’s elderly mother, Etsuko*, is stubbornly doing twin-saber Tai Chi in the back yard right where the balloon arch and chairs need to be set up. Escort her back inside, but watch out! She’s got that Doublade!
*Etsuko speaks exclusively in Petalburg dialect.

NEW! Pray to Jirachi: (Ongoing) Beneath Zac’s improvised “WELCOME JIRACHI-CHAN” banner is a small shrine where you can pray for the Wish Spirit himself to visit this blessed re-re-re-revowing. Your wish power will definitely summon him*!
*not shiv-approved

Mix and Match: (2 posts) Bust out the old wedding decorations from the garage and put something together that really screams "enchantingly beautiful 30th wedding anniversary re-vowing." Most of the decor is from the 70's, but maybe you can still find something classy in among the more eclectic items!

Bamboozled: (1 post) Set up the cut bamboo grass festively around the back yard and prepare some slips of colored paper for guests to write their wishes on! Michi has construction paper in her husband's office you can use.

TASK PROGRESS

██ Sasa Slasher (2/2)  COMPLETE!

█████ Potluck Luck (5/5)  COMPLETE!

Delivery Gone Wrong (1/1)  COMPLETE!

██ Balloon Archery (2/2)  COMPLETE!

Mix and Match (1/2)

Bamboozled (1/1)  COMPLETE!

██ Mick & Michi’s Infinite Playlist (0/2)

Guest List Gist (1/2)  COMPLETE!

Terminate Tai Chi (1/1)  COMPLETE!

██ Pray to Jirachi (Ongoing)

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 2:16:51 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
After greeting the woman of the hour, Sam made his way out back to look for something to do. The newly cut bamboo needed to be arranged in a fashion fit for a wedding. Even if it was just renewing vows, it was supposed to be beautiful and spectacular.

Focusing on all those times his mother hand drawn out silly little things like her 'dream wedding that would never happen' and the like, he called forth his gardevoir. Closing his eyes, he showed her a mental image of what he had in mind. With her PSYCHIC she was able to move bamboo to where it needed to go.

Sam opened his eyes to approve of the placements of the cute bamboo, tying some off that needed tied.

They'd managed to make a beautiful archway for the bride and groom to stand beneath, and even had bamboo set up as rows to allow for guests to see which row they were to be seated at. There were other little things here and there, some benches and bamboo lamps hanging about.

//NOTES
1/1 post for BAMBOOZLED!
@ HANDYMAN HUSTLE II ☆ WEDDING WISH!