WINTER MASQUERADE [Holiday Event]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 4:45:52 GMT
luka chêne Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","siege"]
[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","main"]

The bell chimes— and just like Cinderella, the spell is broken.[break][break]

Whatever magic had been casted upon the pair of them seems to fade, or perhaps the champagne has simply lessened it's hold on her. As though waking from a daydream Luka slowly blinks up at her dance partner, and her hand pulls away from his as she takes a step back.[break][break]

Despite how close they'd just been, the distance between them suddenly seems vaster than ever. But for a fleeting moment, she'd felt that familiar warmth and happiness, the sweet far thing that flutters in her chest and makes itself a home there. It fades fast, like snuffing out a candle— radiant things are never meant to last long.[break][break]

"I—"[break][break]

There are so many things she wants to say to him. Questions to ask, apologies to demand. But to do so would be to tear down the façade that they've built up between them, and despite everything she's been through Luka's still not strong enough to do that.[break][break]

"I should go."[break][break]

If she were to turn and flee now, would he follow after her? If she left her shoe behind on the grand staircase, would her Prince search high and lo to find her again?[break][break]

Her hands fill their sudden emptiness by grasping at her skirts, and she issues a clumsy curtsey before turning to make a quick egress, trying- and failing- to quell the frantic fluttering of her heart.

[break][break]

[break]
- bruh[break]
- filling prompt 6- gtfo[break]
- dress & mask

[attr="class","bottom"]

[attr="class","name"]luka chêne

[attr="class","subtxt"]I don't know anything with certainty,[break]
But the sight of the stars makes me dream

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]
milky

[newclass=.siege] width:450px; margin:0px auto; background:#222; position:relative; color:#000; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege] --accent:#ffd5da; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege:hover .top] border-left:450px solid var(--accent); height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .top] border-left:0px solid #222; height:10px; transition:1s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .main] font:11px 'roboto'; margin:20px 30px 30px 30px; text-align:justify; color:#bbb; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); padding:25px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom] background:var(--accent); min-height:135px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .avatar] width:90px; float:left; margin:20px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name b] color:rgba(224,0,0,0.4) [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .name] font:48px 'Poppins'; line-height:50px; letter-spacing:-3px; padding-top:10px; text-align:center;[/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .subtxt] background:rgba(0,0,0,0.3); padding:2px 0px; font:bold 8px 'roboto'; color:#fff; margin-left:100px; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; padding-right:10px; letter-spacing:3px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn] margin-left:140px; margin-top:-10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img] margin-left:-10px; filter:grayscale(100%); transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .bottom .pkmn img:hover] filter:none; transition:0.5s all; [/newclass] [newclass=.siege .credit] font:bold 11px poppins; text-transform:uppercase; position:absolute; transform:rotate(90deg); right:-40px; top:20px; background:var(--accent); padding:0px 10px; color:rgba(0,0,0,0.7);[/newclass]

[googlefont=Roboto|Roboto+Mono|Montserrat|Robot+Mono|Poppins]

close tab

played by

oslo

the crown prince
masculine
twenty-seven
may 20
hammerlocke, galar
heterosexual
archaeologist
aqua/ex-admin
born under a bad sign with a blue moon in my eyes
awards
4,533 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oslo
Remiel Calcifet
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 5:36:32 GMT
Remiel Calcifet Avatar
A weight has been lifted from his shoulders. But, with it, any hope of being by her side again seems to evaporate as well. How cruel, then, that fate should give them this final taste of sweetness in the moonlight before ripping it away again. Though he knew he only had himself to blame.

Nevertheless, the urge to reach out and grab her hand before she leaves is strong. The royal prince wants to continue explaining himself, and promise that he'd only kept the truth from her as an act of love. He hadn't wanted to hurt her, after all, but it seemed he'd done far worse anyway. The fact that guilt and desperation played into revealing that last nail in the coffin, however, made him too ashamed to act.

So Remiel simply stands there, watching her walk out of his life once more as his eyes seem to grow a duller shade of cobalt blue. A whispered 'I'm sorry' is all that escapes his lips.

WINTER MASQUERADE
INSECTARIUM

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

toppa

Supernova Shredder
He/Him
march 21
mauville city
heterosexual
music artist
Trainer
an anxious object
single
6’3” height
6’3” height
I’d rather watch your star explode
awards
1,561 posts
Callan Young DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @toppa
Callan Young
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 7:03:50 GMT
Callan Young Avatar
As the night draws to a close and the conversation between Elinor and Thalia continues, Callan waves a hand and asks for the waiters to assist with cleaning up their plates. "Shall we continue this outside?" He asks the other two. Regardless, he would head out of the insectarium, to have a smoke if the other two continue to speak within.

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

noodles

matias
he/him
thirty-two
november 14th
saffron
straight...unless?
elite four
champion
a life
to live for.
1321 height
1321 height
i'll try to find you in mountains made of ash and clouds of smoke.
awards
8,125 posts
MATIAS SILPH DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @matias
MATIAS SILPH
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2023 10:37:08 GMT
MATIAS SILPH Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","sixeyes"]
[attr="class","top"]

"ready."[break][break]

the night, much to his surprise, has been fun. he wonders who to give props to — maybe ? he considers it.[break][break]

paparazzi distract him but he's been trained well enough to handle them, much like she does. he smiles, leaving behind a few parting words as well.[break][break]

"my favorite part was being able to spend time with our head professor here."[break][break]

he turns to kiss 's cheek, then leaves.

[attr="class","ooc"][break]

[attr="class","pkspr pkmn-groudon"]

[newclass=".sixeyes"]--accent:#5d464e; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote"]width:350px; margin:0px auto; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; border-radius:0px 0px 10px 10px; border-top:none; padding:30px 50px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes blockquote b, .sixeyes blockquote i"]color:var(--accent) [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .top"]background-color:var(--accent); padding:10px; height:15px; background-image:url(https://image.ibb.co/dMFuMc/flower.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom right; width:430px; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #232323; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc"]border-top:1px solid #222; padding-top:15px; text-align:center; margin-top:15px; [/newclass]

[newclass=".sixeyes .ooc a"]font:bold 15px 'Poppins';[/newclass]

close tab

played by

myriascope

rosie
she / her
October 14
Vermilion City, Kanto
unknown
demolition expert
Civilian
But I still believe, someday this lie will set me free
awards
4,777 posts
Eris Halla DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eris
Eris Halla
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 0:43:39 GMT
Eris Halla Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Roboto+Mono:300|Open+Sans:400,400i,700,700i|Playfair+Display:400i]
[attr=class,erishope]
[attr=class,absolute-holderis]
[attr=class,image-divideris]
[attr=class,accentbgeris]

[attr=class,imageris]
[attr=class,lyric1]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
out of the ruins,

[attr=class,lyric2]
[attr=class,accentborder accenttext]
flowers will grow

[attr=class,overlay]

[attr=class,charname accenttext]
[attr=class,accentbgeris]
i can offer nothing, still you won't let go

[attr=class,bulk]
There's no sight of or even into the late hours of night, and that can mean only one thing - They must've had a great time together! No teary or abrupt texts dot her phone so she assumes that they're still busy talking to one another. And if that's the case, then she needs to get herself home on her own.[break][break]

Thankfully, it won't quite be a walk in the dark. As the insectarium begins to clear, a small flash of pink flickers into view, mischief written all over its face as it nibbles on a macaron.[break][break]

"Didn't we have an agreement?"[break][break]

The pixie rolls her eyes, then quickly slaps her crumb-speckled hands on both the girl and her Luxray. And before anyone realises they were ever there, they vanish with the faint moonlight.

[break][break]
[break]
outfit[break]
☆ heading back!

[attr=class,bottom-text]

tagged @ open!

[attr=class,erishopecredit]
template by punki

[newclass=.erishope .accentbgeris]background: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .accentborder, .erishope .bulk i]border-color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .accenttext, .erishope .bulk b, .erishope .bottom-text span a]color: #a2ceb8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope]width: 500px; background: #474747; border: 1px solid #333333; margin: auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .absolute-holderis]width: 500px; height: 272px; position: absolute; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris]position: absolute; width: 100%; top: 0; height: 180px; background: url('https://i.imgur.com/hQYfbeK.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .imageris .overlay]height: inherit; background: linear-gradient(to right,rgba(60,60,60,0.2),rgba(70,70,70,0.8));[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1, .erishope .lyric2]position: absolute; right: 43px; bottom: 29px; padding-top: 4px; padding-left: 4px; height: 20px; background: #474747;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1 div, .erishope .lyric2 div]border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: 300; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; word-spacing: -4px; line-height: 12px; padding: 5px 7px; margin-right: -4px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .lyric1]bottom: 66px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris]position: absolute; width: 450px; height: 1px; top: 180px; padding: 15px 25px; background: #3e3e3e; border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.07);[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .image-divideris div]height: inherit; opacity: 0.3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname]position: absolute; bottom: 15px; left: 50px; font-family: 'Playfair Display'; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing: 2px; line-height: 14px; text-transform: lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .charname div]display: inline-block; opacity: 0.5; width: 50px; height: 1px; position: relative; vertical-align: middle; margin-right: 10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk]margin-top: 272px; margin-left: 40px; width: 420px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 18px; color: #999999; text-align: justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk i]border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bulk i b]font-weight: 400;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text]height: 50px; background: #3e3e3e; margin: -1px; margin-top: 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: rgba(255,255,255,0.5); font-size: 10px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 50px; padding: 0 40px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text img]padding:10px; margin-left:-20px;padding-right:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text > span]float: right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishope .bottom-text a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: center; font-family: 'Roboto Mono'; font-size: 10px; line-height: 25px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.erishopecredit a]font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2023 2:45:03 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar

RotomTV Recap: 5.1

"Wow! What a night! What a masquerade!" exclaims a masked announcer on behalf of 's media network, the proclamation underscored by the bright flash of Rotoms behind her. "Thanks to everyone who made it such a fantastic event! Will we see you all here next year?!"

OOC EXPLANATION

This thread serves as an OOC mid-round recap of events that have occurred so far in the mega-thread, stylized ICly as recaps of footage shown on RotomTV.

The goal of these posts is to make it less overwhelming for those joining in to follow events as they happen. Due to this, the nature of the recaps will be in a brief, TLDR format, and included on an as-needed basis.

PREVIOUS RECAPS

Review previous recaps from the event's start.
[attr="class","ynospace"]

ROUND 5.1 RECAP

📷 Complete Footage 📷

Below is a list of complete masquerade actions to-date for round five.

PROMPT TRACKER

PROMPT STATUS: 6/6 COMPLETE![break][break]
❄️ CONGRATULATIONS! Everyone who participates in this round will be eligible for prompt rewards! ❄️

PROMPT 1 - LAST DANCE
1) @rosie
2)

PROMPT 2 - SWEET DESSERTS
1)
2)
3)

PROMPT 3 - UNMASK!
1)

PROMPT 4 - SLEIGH RIDE
1)

PROMPT 5 - PARTING WORDS
1)
2)

PROMPT 6 - EXIT, STAGE RIGHT!
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

ROUND FIVE:[break]CLOSED

ROUND FIVE CLOSED:[break][break]FEB 10, 2022 @ 11:59PM PST[break][break]
🎁 REWARDS WILL BE REVEALED WITH THE FINALE POST! THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE WINTER MASQUERADE! 🎁

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Scarlet

Lisa Bortiforte
She/Her
August 30
Camphrier Town, Kalos
Bi/Heteroromantic
Bioterrorist
Underboss
Unattached
Black Widow
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
5'9" / 175.26 cm height
Bury me in the roses and rot; I'll come back thorned.
awards
4,400 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elisabeth
Elisabeth Fiorelli
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2023 1:28:04 GMT
Elisabeth Fiorelli Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]WINTER MASQUERADE: FINALE!

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

HOLIDAY EVENT
OPEN MEGATHREAD
COMPLETED FEBRUARY 10th, 11:59PM PST

THE FINALE

Masks fall and footsteps find their way through winding corridors and down descending staircases. All eventually return to the Rotom-dazzled carpet that had let them enter here at the start of December.[break][break]

Spirits are high, or at least, alcohol has buoyed enough to appear that way, with rich laughter characterizing many departing pairs. It's a sound that follows them as they leave in Eeveelution-driven sleighs, sleek cars, or even hand-in-hand walking along the snow-laden sidewalk.[break][break]

And yet, there are those who leave only to face the bitter cold of another lonely winter night, the masquerade's festivities already an all-too-distant memory in the dark of midnight.[break][break]

But a picture remembers a thousand words. As does Rotom-caught film.[break][break]

First things first, though: don't forget your last gift bag!

FINAL ROUND REWARDS

REWARDS UNLOCKED!

As you leave the museum, you receive a final gift bag of assorted items: a SALAC BERRY, and a PREMIUM GACHAPON TICKET.
[break][break]

[break][break]
[img src="https://raw.githubusercontent.com/msikma/pokesprite/master/items/berry/salac.png" title="1X SALAC BERRY" style="border:none;box-shadow:none;float:none;"]
[img src="https://i.ibb.co/1R3pxDv/premiumgacha-2020-04-29-07-52-14-UTC.png" title="1X PREMIUM GACHAPON TICKET" style="border:none;box-shadow:none;float:none;"]

WINNERS OF ROUND FIVE REWARDS:[break]
[break][break]

ROTOMTV'S BONUS COVERAGE

STARS OF THE NIGHT!

The following individuals stood out as the stars of the masquerade for various reasons, and received additional rewards for their trouble.[break][break]

❄️ THE EARLY BIRD:[break]The first to arrive at the event: ![break](PRIZE: LEVEL TUTOR)[break][break]
❄️ FIRST DANCE:[break]The first pair to dance: and ![break](PRIZE: MOVE TUTOR)[break][break]
❄️ FASHIONABLY LATE:[break]The last person to arrive at the masquerade: ![break](PRIZE: TM/TR)[break][break]
❄️ DRESSED TO IMPRESS:[break]Most-discussed masks of the night: and , for matching as their Avatar patrons![break](PRIZE: LEVEL TUTOR)[break][break]
❄️ MISTLETOE KISS:[break]First mistletoe kiss of the night: and ![break](PRIZE: TM/TR)[break][break]
❄️ SHOWSTOPPING MOMENT:[break]Most dramatic event of the night: the and fight, complete with tossing champagne![break](PRIZE: EGG TUTOR)[break][break]
❄️ BIGGEST SECURITY THREAT:[break]Most successful breach of the museum's security: , for disabling cameras with his Rotom![break](PRIZE: TM/TR)[break][break]
❄️ TERASTAL EXHIBIT WINNER:[break]Won the most Terastal Exhibit battles: ![break](PRIZE: MOVE TUTOR)[break][break]
❄️ LAST DANCE:[break] Last dance of the evening: and @rosie![break](PRIZE: LEVEL TUTOR)[break][break]
❄️ FINAL EXIT:[break] Last attendee to leave the event: ![break](PRIZE: MOVE TUTOR)[break][break]
❄️ MOST MYSTERIOUS ATTENDEES:[break]A tie between the golden-eyed assistant of one , most recently seen in the company of , and the suited gentleman 'Louis' who arrived with ! and may claim this reward![break](PRIZE: TM/TR)[break][break]
❄️ LIFE OF THE PARTY:[break]Those who posted every round of the event: , , , , , , , , , , , , , @rosie, , and ![break](PRIZE: EGG TUTOR)[break][break]

❄️ CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR PRIZES! (SEE AWARD DETAILS FOR YOUR SPECIFIC REWARD) ❄️[break]

MASQUERADE ARCHIVE

ROUND POSTS

For posterity (or for easier tracking of your rewards!), the mod posts of the masquerade have all been assembled for your ease of use in this closing post. See the links below![break][break]
  • ROUND ONE: Introductions & Arrivals (X)
  • ROUND TWO: Refreshments & Dancing (X)
  • ROUND THREE: Unveiling of Exhibitions (X)
  • ROUND FOUR: Dining in the Insectarium (X)
  • ROUND FIVE: Final Dances & Farewells (X)

ONE LAST GOODBYE

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PARTICIPATING!

THE WINTER MASQUERADE IS OFFICIALLY OVER![break][break]
🎁 Thank you to everyone who made this event such a success! Special shoutout to Spiral and to Gunsmile for helping me with recaps when I was overwhelmed, to Dove for letting me use her setting for the event, and to Shiv for fielding my many DMs. It was such a blast reading everyone's posts and spin-off threads, and I'm glad you all had as much fun participating as I did running the thread! In a lot of ways this was my little holiday gift to Hoenn this year -- thanks for making this place such a fun forum to roleplay! XOXO, Scarlet. 🎁

[newclass=.ynospace li] padding: 5px;[/newclass]