he/him
May 24
Sootopolis City
Uninterested
Ranger
Slateport Ranger Captain
5'10 height
5'10 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,220 posts
part of
TAG WITH @razz
Razz Kingsman
Under the Bay || Secret Base
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2023 10:29:59 GMT
Razz Kingsman Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","omgen"]
[attr="class","omgentop"]
Razz's Secret Base

[attr="class","omgenmid"]

Welcome Rookie!

Part of being a Ranger is working with the land and it's pokemon, and at times these will lead you to discover the beauty that is nature. Having come from Sootopolis Razz is very familiar with swimming and for fun has explored the seascape under the harbor to discover a fun place. So for his Base left on the dock is a simple wooden boat in a space rented out and a boat with a Flag with the Ranger's logo on it. Should you venture on the boat you'll notice a sign left there reading: [break][break]

"you want my flag, you can have it I left everything I gathered together in one place. Now you'll just have to find it!."

Underneath the first sign is a single arrow that goes down below the harbor. Clearly you'll need dive down if you want to find it. Down near the sea floor of the harbor you'll find one of many caves and the way to find the way to the base is to follow the Ranger symbols carved near each entrance. You'll find yourself close only when you see the glow of the illumina Milotic guarding the base. [break][break]

There you'll find your treasure. [break][break]

The Base

Polly the Illumina Milotic

[break]
ILLUMINA // Spotlight | Water Pulse | Life Dew | Flip Turn | Scald | Ice Beam

Polly the Milotic is there secretly to help light up the caves you travel, she will not stop you from trying to discover the 'secret' base but she will stop you from trying to disrupt any wild pokemon there.
[break]

Decorations

Razz is much for decoration, rather he let nature do it as the cave sparkles from it's reflective rocks and the many pokemon who gather there to rest. As you come into the pocket you'll notice a table with a flag on it along with a sign that congratulates you for finding the place. And to not disrupt the nature there. Or else....[break][break]

There is also a container there willed with Flags attached to some lollipops as a reward in a verity of different flavors.
[break]

Traps

The only real trap is the maze it takes to even try to get to the cave. As if you don't come prepared to deal with the water, and the darkness of the caves. Finding it's location is not the easiest. [break][break]

And not all lollipop flavors are created equal

[newclass=".omgentop"]background-color:#577aa5;background:linear-gradient(to bottom right,#577aa5,#577aa5);font:800 35px Poppins;font-weight:800!important;line-height:30px;text-align:left;padding:45px;letter-spacing:-2px;margin-bottom:7px;border-radius:3px; } .omgenroster img { filter:grayscale(50%); border-radius:10px; transition:0.5s all; border:7px solid #222;} .omgenroster img:hover {filter:grayscale(0%) saturate(130%); transition:0.5s all;}.omgenroster td { text-align:left; [/newclass]
[newclass=.omgenmid b]color:#577aa5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.omgenmid i]color:#577aa5;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.omgenmid h2]background-color:#577aa5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.omgenmid h1]background-color:#577aa5;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kost

Dragon-hooded girl
she/her
August 10
Fallarbor Town, Hoenn
Asexual
Minor Gym Leader
Ace (Civilian)
5'11" (180 cm) height
5'11" (180 cm) height
I wanna become a Pokémon!
awards
1,682 posts
part of
TAG WITH @andreavaneau
Andrea Vaneau
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2023 15:43:21 GMT
Andrea Vaneau Avatar
Clad in a form-fitting, heat-insulating diving suit, Andrea hung on to her Gyarados' horns as they dove underwater. They reemerged inside the hidden cave. Slateport's busy citizens could have never guessed that such natural beauty was sitting right underneath their noses.

They weren't there alone, though. A dazzling Milotic with Illumina markings lining its serpentine body swam nearby. Curiously, it didn't attack the duo. "So pretty..." The young PokéManiac muttered in awe of its beauty. "Do they want us to follow them?"

With a little help from the Milotic lighting up the path, they finally reached the 'one place', a chest filled with lollipops rewarding them for having braced Hoenn's frigid waters and navigated the aquatic maze without harming the local widlife.

"You left behind such an unbelievable treasure! What a funny story!" Andrea remarked with a hearty laugh, grabbing the flag, while letting her Gyarados enjoy the lollipops. The Atrocious Pokémon had quite the sweet tooth, apparently.
//flag captured
close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2023 20:44:01 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
[attr="class","angelocam"]
"you want my flag, you can have it I left everything I gathered together in one place. Now you'll just have to find it!."

Angelo's lips split into a grin. “Is that a challenge, ?” 

It takes but a few minutes for Angelo to fetch his diving equipment from the seaplane, tethered to the very same jetty as the ranger's boat, before welcoming the cold Slateport ocean. Piercing through the surface and swimming down into the depths alongside a sharp-faced Floatzel. 

Daring to venture beneath the dark harbour yields dazzling rewards.

Angelo's fingers graze the illumina Milotic's scales in appreciation as Polly leads the way through the underwater tunnels, guiding the Nautica co-owner towards a chamber. When he climbs out of the pool, he's greeted by a cavern filled with shimmering stone.

Some place you found here. Can't believe you've been peeking this from me.” Angelo whistles, taking in the large gem encrusted ceiling in wonder. He'd have to come back here for documentation.

But for now Angelo takes his prizes: a flag and a lollipop. Only as the candy invades his mouth, so too does the blast of tabasco heat against the back of his throat. 

Arceus.” Cough. “Shit.

Better wait until his eyes stop watering before swimming back!

( FLAG CAPTURED! )
[newclass=.angelocam] [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam b] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam i] color: #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass][newclass=.angelocam u] text-decoration: none;border-bottom: dashed 1px #95a2b5; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing: .5px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

raikourider

Master of Faster
He/Him
December 12
Goldenrod, Johto
Straight
Mauville Gym Leader
Champion
Single; Not Looking
6'1" height
6'1" height
"With great speed comes great responsibility."
awards
6,089 posts
Josh Devlin DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @joshdevlin
Josh Devlin
POSTED ON Feb 7, 2023 23:50:30 GMT
Josh Devlin Avatar
"Wahoo!" Josh cried as he rode Snacker across the surface of Slateport Harbor, bouncing across its rough waters churned by a strong breeze. The Sharpedo was among Josh's fastest Pokémon in the water, and he enjoyed every moment he could use the aquatic species, as his work as a Gym Leader and Ranger rarely allowed him to swim. Compared to his other two racing options, his aquatic race was wildly unpopular; at least one of the aquatic courses had gone totally unused throughout his entire Gym tenure!

As he rode, alternating between splashing about the surface and AQUA JETting beneath the waves, Josh caught eye of the Rangers' logo on the outside of a small cave... then another... then another. Curious, he followed them, only to find a large arrow near the harbor's docks pointing the wrong way. He had just navigated everything in reverse, hadn't he?

Retracing his steps, he eventually caught sight of an Illumina Milotic, causing his jaw to drop. It was a good thing Sharpedo's dive bubble let him breathe, because seeing it left him doing so quite heavily. It was the most gorgeous Pokémon he had ever seen, glowing brightly in the colors of the entire visible spectrum. The Milotic was not slow, either; nearly able to keep up with Snacker, it made Josh ponder catching one for himself.

The interior of the final cave was just as stunning. Whose Secret Base could this have been? Josh didn't recognize the Milotic nor any of the objects in the Base itself. Not wanting to think about it, he snatched one of the base's many flags before turning around to snap several pictures of the most gorgeous Illumina Pokémon he had ever seen. It made him think about all the suffering his own Illumina Absol had gone through in the wake of Meteno...

{WC: 309}

NAME          SPECIES        STATUS
Snacker       Sharpedo       Good
close tab

played by

raikourider

She/Her
March 18
Ecruteak City
Straight
Expeditionary
Rustboro Captain
Single; Not Looking
5'4" height
5'4" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
3,453 posts
part of
TAG WITH @shalinnariya
Shalin Nariya
POSTED ON Apr 30, 2023 23:55:24 GMT
Shalin Nariya Avatar
While searching for tickets on RangerNet, Shalin noticed there was a training-level mission she could only sign up for while she was a Rookie. It was a scavenger hunt for a treasure hidden by Head Ranger . Rather than taking the boat, she would ride Levy, her Milotic, beneath the harbor's waves.

The sea floor was surprisingly well illuminated. The longer she followed the Ranger symbols, the brighter the sea floor got. It was not until reaching her final destination that she saw the glow of a very large ILLUMINA Milotic that was even more breathtaking than Levy was. Her jaw was wide open, never having seen anything that breathtaking in her life.

An undersea cave not unlike the entrance hall to the Halls of Origin greeted Shalin. Rather than statues of legendary Pokémon, she saw several water Pokémon resting. Admiring the gathered Pokémon, she took her flag prize out of one of the containers on the table before beginning the long trek back to Slateport.

{WC: 169}

NAME           SPECIES         STATUS
Levy           Milotic         Good